[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Eternal Skub?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
File: original.jpg (408 KB, 1906x1145) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
408 KB, 1906x1145
While this is /tg/ I am curious of your judgement of Eternal Crusade. Personally I have an overwhelming fear it is going to follow the same path that Age of Reckoning did except on a 40k level, another concern I have to express is will the Planetside level conquests on Arkhona (the in game planet) be issued as canon (if so keep fucking Goto and other unspoken shitlords OUT of it) especially now that the Tyranids will be involved?

Personally I hope to see a legitimate canon conflict considering it's going to include twenty one separate armies, and that it will turn out to be more intense than the Octarius War or perhaps even Armageddon, but, as with anything that GW does I am prepared for the worst.
>>
UPDATE: In an attempt to make the game both lore friendly and allow access to free players the EC dev team are going to allow th Ork Factions free to play, pretty fucking legit in my opinion. Now all they have to do now is make the Imperial Guard playable as a subfaction for the Imperium, Heretics for Chaos and well... Fuck the Eldar.
>>
>>47706232
It's shit.
>>
File: 1381192798388.jpg (71 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
1381192798388.jpg
71 KB, 600x400
>>47706270
Free 2 Waaagh is going to be a post-launch feature that won't be available for several months after release and Imperial Guard are said to be very unlikely by the devs since it would either imbalance the Imperium if it was a player option or restrict the number of players in a given fight if it was an AI option.
>>
File: image.jpg (48 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48 KB, 960x720
>>47706270

F2w s probably less and less likely.

I bought into the EA meme and here's the skinny, never pay to play test someone's game. It's ridiculous, especially if you enjoy the IP. The game is not the final product, people complain x got nerffed, these guys are OP.

There's a fucking cash store for a fucking game in beta.

I'll admit to paying a bit of cash here and there for a f2p game (15$ on survarium - not worth; and like 25$ for gits Korean csgo simulator) that was in beta, and I still regret it.

If they could have just made server browsers for spess Maren EC wouldn't even need to exist.

In fact on a techinical level some features in SM exceed those in EC.

It's not to say EC can't be fun, I mean being the character is fun, the graphics are good, but the melee is questionable, some features like the vehicles aren't very good, spawn camping encouraged.

It's a game where the promises could never be achieved because their imagination was far bigger than the reality.

I mean even if you want to be a lobby shooter, work on that. "We released the first version of the world map!" There's only 4 levels, don't try to fool me hundreds of blinking points on your map.

The shitty part is this, ps2 already exists. If you could paste the 40k universe as a direct skin it would be fine, but recreating the wheel with no way of fulfilling your promises to the customers should be criminal.

Hey but I bought a game that was in EA that may or may not be developed further... Right?
>>
>>47706232
>it is going to follow the same path that Age of Reckoning did except on a 40k level
AoR was developed by competent studio and had tons of content and factions during launch day, don't compare it to this pile of crap.
>>
File: try not to cry.png (214 KB, 416x440) Image search: [Google]
try not to cry.png
214 KB, 416x440
>>47706232
I got into the game because I liked the original idea and I'd still enjoy it even with all the more recent cuts and changes.

But the game has very little content, the setting is poorly used to make interesting gameplay (psykers' powers are generic as they can get and it devolves into a meatgrinder very fast and the melee system revolves around rolling...while wearing power armor) and the overall aesthetic is subpar compared to its closest and older comparison (THQ's space marine).

I'm in only for the promise of playable greenskins and eldar; I wouldn't have touched it if it wasn't 40k and I don't recommend it in its current, and probably near future too, state.

5 chapters, 5 legions, 5 craftworlds, 5 clans and at least one tyranid hive on the same planet who will inevitably have necrons too make for a bad premise for storytelling, especially considering the original idea was to have the 13th black crusade and all these factions converge on the planet for the super secret deus ex machina that could destroy the galaxy.
Hopefully the background doesn't get far at all.

The heavy bolter is fun.
>>
>>47706232

The big problem with WAR had NOTHING to do with Content. There was spades and spades and SPADES of that to start. Six full, diverse leveling zones, I wanna say... ten battlegrounds? A starting end game, dungeons and distinct world PvP throughout, well designed arms and armor, varied talent trees across the board, ENORMOUS (especially for the time) capital cities, etc, etc, etc.

The problem with WAR was that it didn't *work*, and that it was, frankly, inaccessible. The release was buggy as HELL (abilities working wrong or not working at all, disconnects, zoning, spawning, everything). The PvP was genuinely challenging, as were the dungeons, talent expenditure mattered, tanking was actually hard, and Public Quests required a serious time investment.

Its other greatest flaw and, frankly, let's be honest, the nail in the coffin was that all the content absolutely required lots of people to play. PQs and the world PvP were SPECTACULAR fun if, say, twenty or thirty odd people were fucking around in any given zone and two thirds were doing PvP and the other third did the PQs they stumbled across. When a couple people vanished, though, PQs became much harder and PvP much less engaging, which means more people left, and it just snowballed.

God damn shame, too. In a lot of ways that game was years ahead of its time and, frankly, was one of the most fun MMOs I've ever played.
>>
>>47707270

Sorry, let me clarify. The inaccessibility and requirement of lots of players combined were the problem. The game needed hundreds of thousands of players to even function, but tried to appeal to a much narrower audience.

To be fair, it was a damned if you do damned if you don't situation: the quality of the content, and the way it was engaging, was based in no small part on the actual challenge presented. Without a half dozen or more people, many of the PQs, even some of the earlier ones, were frankly nigh impossible and, at that point, took forever.
>>
>>47706270
How is this an update? This is one of the very few features that was supposed to be in it from the start that they are actually keeping.
>>
>>47707270
>>47707324
What really killed Age of Reckoning was Wrath of the Lich King.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.