[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, which do you prefer, Vampire The Requiem or Vampire The Masquerade?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: caine official art.jpg (144 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
caine official art.jpg
144 KB, 1024x1024
So, which do you prefer, Vampire The Requiem or Vampire The Masquerade? Why?
>>
>>47644772
First one, because old clans are shitty shit. Also, fucking elders and metaplot.
>>
>>47644772
I've not played either, but I have read the core books for both. In my opinion, Requiem has a better-organized rulebook, but Masquerade has options that are more fun.

ALL FLESH IS TZIMISCE
>>
>>47644821
>old clans are shitty shit
What's wrong with the clans? I thought they were pretty cool.
>>
>>47645001
Some of them are good, yeah. But most of them is literally "shallow stereotype: the clan" or "clan who uses X Discipline", and I think that this is boring. Requiem clans are stereotypes too, of course, but they are much more broad.
>>
>>47645071
In theory I agree, but having so many bloodlines cheapens them a bit. Not to mention the fluff is weaksauce.

VtR got the right idea on keeping the ancient lore up to the storyteller, though.
>>
>>47645204
I dislike bloodlines and don't allow them on my games. Five clans is more than enough; everything else is just attempt to make oneself special one.
>>
oWoD has a more interesting world in my opinion, precisely because of the clusterfuck and all the lore that has been shoveled on top over its run.

The rules are completely fucked though. VtR is better, but still pretty bad.
>>
>>47644772
Masquerade. The setting drew people in regardless of how bloated it ended up. People gave a shit about the masqurade clans, I have never seen anything close to that with Requiem. You might be able to do more with Requiem, but it's because all the bland that they give you isn't going to get in the way.
>>
Masquerade.

I could not make it through the shit fest in requiem. The only nWoD book I refused to buy and will never consider picking up again.
>>
>>47645251
How dare people not want to be perfectly average vampires with [SELECT ABILITY A, B, or C], instead of being able do design their character from the ground up to be good at whatever they happen to have in mind.

I bet you liked 4th edition, you choice hater :^)
>>
Requiem with splatbooks amd the translation doc (for Tzimisce, which are like the only Masquerade element I miss). Core only VtR is kind of boring, though.
>>
I prefer playing Hunter.
>>
>>47644772
Did anyone here ever play wraith?

I have a book or two of splat books, and it seems cool.
>>
>>47644772
Masquerade, it's what got me into oWoD
>>
>>47644772
Requiem is better in every way. Except that they got rid of Malkavians.
>>
>>47645071
This.

Masquerade had too many clans, and most of them were too vague or too specialized to have a real sense of identity. They also contradicted each other a lot. Some were clearly ideological in their distinctions, others entirely physical, some a mix of both, and others you couldn't really tell what defined them at all.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.