[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the most autistic nerd rage behaviour you've
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 20
File: table_flip.jpg (27 KB, 480x252) Image search: [Google]
table_flip.jpg
27 KB, 480x252
What's the most autistic nerd rage behaviour you've encountered in tabletop gaming /tg/?

Let's hear some horror stories.
>>
My own.
>>
That Guy thread go
>>
>>47616237
Virt?
>>
When I was in Jr. High we played board games (mostly Axis & Allies and Shogun) with this guy name Cameron who would flip the board when he was losing badly if we taunted him enough.
>>
>years ago
>played with this guy named Gavin
>Gavin, according to Gavin, was always right
>ran games for years
>demanded to play most powerful pc when not running
>played for years in his house so most gms gave into his crap
>some 7 years after playing with him because gaming scene is dead here
>new gm with chase scene where we flee things on horse
>horses have to make saves or collapse because been running for days
>Gavin's horse falls out first
>"No it doesn't"
>gm says he failed the save and it does, tries to get another to make the save
>Gavin gets up, jumps out of an open window and walks into woods
>we finish scene and pack up
>leave and have month off
>Gavin refuses to talk about game
>next month and he lets us come in, set up then goes to his room and plays wow
>wont answer anyone when they ask if he is playing or wants us to leave
>happens again next month
>find new place to have sessions
>Gavin drives by new game place every time we play, refuses to answer our calls and speeds off when someone comes outside

Shit was weird.
>>
>>47616399
>jumps out of an open window and walks into woods
>wont answer anyone when they ask if he is playing or wants us to leave
>drives by new game place every time we play, refuses to answer our calls and speeds off when someone comes outside

cripes, this is going to be hard to beat
>>
>>47616399
God... ignoring parts about tabletop gaming, this sounds exactly like what my older brother did after my dad got remarried awhile back :/
>>
>>47616624
Well, I live in bum fuck nowhere so we get weird people here all the time.

He stopped doing the drive by thing when he had a stroke two years ago. Never really see him anymore, just heard tht he no longer talks and uses one of those text to speech tablets even though he has most of his vocabulary back.
>>
>>47616399
Gavin sounds like he's going to murder you all
>>
>>47616399
>jumps out of an open window and walks into woods

I totally imagine him casually bounding over the window sill, his long leather duster coat flapping in the wind.

>"uhhh Gavin..?"

He dons his trademark fedora and glances back at you.

>"pssh... nothing personnel... anata-tachi"

*tips*
>>
>>47616399
So... he got a minor failure in a game,
went out a window of his own home,
allowed the people who insulted him so to come over again,
but refused to directly interact with them otherwise?

I don't know whether I should be worried for Gavin's safety, or yours.
>>
>>47616795
> insulted him
Where does it say that? It literally just says that his horse falls down first and Gavin says 'No it doesn't'.
>>
Had a dude straight up scream at another player in the store over a lore argument, then try to fight the guy before two dudes myself included pulled guns on him and called the cops, and then he literally broke through a commercial-grade window and sprinted across the parking lot into the trees.

For the record, this was in Houston Texas.
>>
>>47616850
What was the lore argument about?
>>
I had a knife pulled on me when I tried to kill a guy's V:tM character.

First and last time I ever played that game
>>
>>47616680
>tfw living on 3rd floor and cannot jump out of the window safely
I envy you guys.
>>
>>47616842
In his mind. I'm being ironic.
>>
>>47616850
Ah, life in the old hometown.
Was this at Nan's, 3rd Planet, or another store?
>>
>>47616928
from what i have heard you arent missing much. shit's craycray.
>>
>>47616850
you pulled a gun on a guy in a gaming store, who wanted to "fight"?!
wtf
> Murrica
> Bringing Guns into Gaming Stores
>>
>>47616399
I don't believe you.
>>
>>47616894
He (the crazy guy, and looking back he probably was legitimately crazy) insisted that Slaanesh no longer existed in Warhammer 40K because Slaanesh was removed in Age of Sigmar, despite the fact that that is completely incorrect. He refused to play a new guy (who ran a Noise Marine army) because he said, "I don't play against non-existent factions."

I'll greentext the experience if anybody wants to hear it.
>>
>>47616971
Eh. Lead in the Minis, lead in the the guns, whatever.
>>
>>47616971

Self defense weapon is for self defense. To be fair you don't draw down on some one unless your going to shoot to kill. Anon is a dick waving faggot.
>>
I've had one person bitch at me and storm off at a sealed tournament because I got lucky pulled a double nissa in a Oath of the Gatewatch sealed tournament, and had both of them played at one point during our first game.
>>
>>47616984
Yeah do it
>>
>>47616928
Actually, it's against the rules. Corebook explicitly states that players cannot use real weapons during the game, only paper fakes. And even then they shouldn't point weapon directly on another person.
You got really shitty group if GM allowed this.
>>
>>47617024
>Implying he wouldn't shoot to kill

You know that everyone that buys a gun for self defense is just waiting for the excuse to get away with murder.
>>
>>47617054
I'm sure letting him know it was against the rules would totally have stopped him
>>
>>47617063
especially if they're this special kind of murrican
> muh muh muh lonestar
> muh self defense
> dey was arguin' 'bout dem tabletop games
> it was self defense!
>>
>>47616850
>>47616951
>space city bros
>on my /tg/
It's more likely than you'd think

Anyways, tell us more about this shootout
>>
>>47617107
Don't get me wrong the fact that America has enough freedom that it allows me to buy a gun and kill someone if they act like a faggot and endanger my life makes this the greatest country and earth.

Other countries are literal cucks.
>>
>>47617063
uh, no
>>
>>47617063
>>47617107
Sorry, I can't help but read this nonsense as
>I live somewhere predominantly white
Move to a poor neighborhood and tell me how enlightened you are about gun control.
>>
>>47617063
Here's you a (you). You made me reply, so there's that.
>>
>>47617154
If mass shootings become a weekly basis event, I'd say your country has a lot of problems.
>>
>>47616984
>>47616971
>>47617024

I'll go ahead and greentext this to explain my actions.

>Guy in store gets into argument with a new kid who has brought in an army of Noise Marines to play
>Argument is over whether or not Slaanesh still exists in 40K, and one started by this guy unprovoked
>Guy begins to yell in the store about how Slaanesh is no longer real, and therefore you can't play a Slaanesh army
>Owner, myself and some other regulars try to correct him, but he's having none of it
>Just full-on screaming at this new kid, who came in with a friend to play a 1000pts Eldar v. Slaanesh game
>Store is packed, mostly with 15-18yo kids who are playing on the weekend (which is pretty usual for our store), and everybody is now extremely uncomfortable
>Owner is trying to salvage situation, opens books to prove that Slaanesh is still real in 40K and can totally be played
>Guy is not having it at all, throws book across store
>Gets into kids face and screams, "SLAANESH ISN'T REAL, AND IS A SHIT TIER GOD!"
>Takes his Daemon Prince and throws it across the room
>Kid starts crying, other kids start pouring out the door, owner demands he leave immediately
>Guy flips out even more, starts screaming at everybody in the store, throws books off the shelves
>I and another guy in the store immediately step in, because this ain't gon fly

To clarify, I am a security guard for a corporate security firm. I don't normally carry my weapon outside of work, but I was going to go straight from the store to work, and the store isn't in the best neighborhood, so I decided to keep it holstered in my coat rather than risk it getting stolen in my car. Other dude is just a legally licensed Bubba.

>We tell the owner to call the cops, and demand he either leave or go into the back room and calm down
>He starts screaming profanity at use, starts throwing more books at us
>I open my coat and place my hand on my gun, and tell him to stop or I'll draw my gun

Cont.
>>
I get too much bunker dwelling nutjob politics on /k/ can we get back to talking about gaming?
>>
>>47617206
>I open my coat and place my hand on my gun, and tell him to stop or I'll draw my gun

And do what? Shoot a guy and go to jail for the dumbest reason ever?
>>
File: kek.gif (137 KB, 340x340) Image search: [Google]
kek.gif
137 KB, 340x340
>>47616850
>pulled guns on him

Holy shit is this what life is really like in Burgerville?

People pull guns out during arguments?
>>
File: Marlon Brando.jpg (34 KB, 442x312) Image search: [Google]
Marlon Brando.jpg
34 KB, 442x312
>>47616692

>when he had a stroke two years ago

What the fuck.
>>
>>47617300
No. I have lived in America all my life, and have never seen, nor heard first-hand accounts of, this happening. I'm sure it happens in the shittier parts of the country, but 99.9% of Americans will never experience this
>>
File: Swangin in the rain.png (701 KB, 1315x876) Image search: [Google]
Swangin in the rain.png
701 KB, 1315x876
>>47617206
>Surprise surprise, motherfucker doesn't calm down and just starts screaming incoherently
>I draw my gun, other dude draws his (I didn't know he was carrying. I had met him a few times before that day, but I didn't know he CC), we tell him to kneel on the ground and place his hands behind his head
>Guy immediately breaks down sobbing, screaming, begging us to leave him alone
>Too late motherfucker, you just terrified a whole bunch of kids and threatened to kill literally everybody in the store multiple times
>Owner says cops are on their way
>Tell the owner to grab a few zip-ties from the back to subdue this guy for the cops
>Owner grabs them, guy is now 100% broken down sobbing and screaming and flailing about
>We move around a few of the tables and come at him diagonally, other guy goes to grab his hands while I keep the gun trained on him
>guy screams, slams other dude against the wall, and charges full-sprint across the shop, scattering tables and terrain in a shower of autistic fury
>charges directly into the commercial glass window (rather than using the door like a normal fucking person, cracks it, before charging it AGAIN and finally breaking through it
>takes off like an autistic bat out of hell for the treeline
>cops show up, we try to explain what happened, but as none of us knew who the guy was (owner included) there wasn't a whole lot we could do about it
>Never saw the guy again

The man had to have been legitimately mentally unstable, because people don't just act like that. I'm not ashamed I drew the weapon, because I was legitimately terrified of this crazy motherfucker, but I really hope he got whatever help he needed.

>>47617136
>>47616951
Also, pic related is how I prepare for the weather
>>
>>47617300
Texas =/= Murrica. They take it to a whole nother level there.
>>
>>47617300
>people think yosemite sam wasn't a completely realistic character
I've only ever seen guns get pulled when someone attempts a mugging or robbery, though.

It's like they think nerd shops aren't full of ex-military and police.
>>
File: 1464755455369.png (509 KB, 795x991) Image search: [Google]
1464755455369.png
509 KB, 795x991
>set up a warmahordes game, testing out the /tg/ scene in a new town
>opponent says "ok let's do a casual game"
>fine by me!
>opponent brings epic Lilith
>my thoughts: oh you fucking cunt, casual game my ass
>bring my Cygnar A-Game, ready for a brutal fight
>set up, start playing
>table him by third turn
>he gives a scrub excuse for why he sucked: "if i wanted to use ranged and guns id play Infinity"
>other players agree with him
>MFW
>pack up my shit, I'm done with these fucks but remain cordial
>he slams his fat fucking belly into my minis case, spilling everything out, breaking models
>"OOPS SORRY"
>MFW
>>
>>47617324
frankly i woulnt want to be the owner. thats a lot of shit to repair and damage control to be done after a fit of rage like that. although it must have been entertaining to watch from a safe distance.
>>
>>47617300
No. There's a few cases where people have done some weird shit, but those are the things of legend. If a gun is pulled, which most people will never see in their entire lives and I, as someone who CCs, hope to God I'll never have to do, then something is majorly wrong. As in, a crime is being committed or you are in fear for your life.
>>
>>47617063
I got a gun because I was beaten up and robbed at gunpoint, one block away from a police station and right in front of a bank.
I will never pull my gun unless my or someone else's life is in immediate danger.
>>
>>47617300
No I'm a cop in burger land. You can't draw down on someone for being a nut. Threat of serious physical injury, rape or death of yourself or another would be valid reasons not a spastic tard. Should have put the guns up and beat his ass.
>>
>>47617279
No, shoot a guy for having an extremely violent mental breakdown in the middle of a crowded and very confined store, who was very much a danger to himself and others (especially since he literally threw a guy halfway across the store in his escape).

He was asked multiple times to leave before weapon were ever drawn, and each time he quite violently refused and did nothing but scream and insult us.

I didn't want to pull a gun on the guy, but if he didn't either leave or calm down (because again, throwing shit and throwing things at people, things which were quite heavy and dangerous, all while screaming about how he was gonna kill other people) there wasn't much of a choice. It was also a choice I am legally trained to make.
>>
>>47617324

Why do you think you have the right to detain/zip tie this guy for being an insane ass. What crime did he commit beyond petty vandalism?
>>
>>47617356
Sounds like you were the one who didn't understand what a casual game was anon
>>
>>47617402
Pretty sure threatening murder is a pretty big crime. Sounds like he either did, or was moment away from, assaulting minors.

Maybe the dudes with guns would've gotten in trouble as well, but it probably would've been a slap on the wrist. No biggie.
>>
>>47616399
I'm going to be charitable here and assume that Gavin realised he'd made a complete ass out of himself about a minute after he jumped out of the window, and everything that followed was him wanting to continue gaming with you guys but not having the social skills to get himself out of the hole of gut-wrenching embarrassment he'd dug himself into.

either that or you seriously need to watch your back
>>
>>47617413

Epic Lilith isn't a warcaster you pull for a casual game.
>>
>>47617390

You escalated the situation by introducing lethal weapons. Articulate why you met disturbing the peace (yelling) and vandalism, two non violent misdemeanors with the threat of lethal force? If you would have shot you would be in prison.
>>
>>47617279
Nothing.
It's called deterrence.
Usually, even in America, if a gun is pulled on you, even if you also have a gun, people start backing down really hard. That's why even when they don't intend to shoot cops will have their guns out just immediately for every possible minor felony. Because guns are scary.

When did everyone on /tg/ become liberal babies and eurofags?
>>
>>47617430

Terroristic threatening is not a crime you can use lethal force to defend against in my state.
>>
>>47617468
Cuck mentality. Your estrogen levels must be sky high.
>>
>>47617449
Tabling a guy in 3 turns isn't something you do in a casual game. Maybe the meta is different there from your old FLGS?
>>
>>47617154
Amerifats actually believe this.
This guy is a real person who gets up every morning and goes to work.
Jesus fuck man.
>>
>>47617402
>No right
>threatened and endangered people and vandalized a store

I'm definitely sure a citizen's arrest is completely within their right?
>>
>>47617476
When you combine the threats with throwing things at people, then yes, that's assault, possibly with a deadly weapon. Books are heavy, dog. In any case, when you start adding in mental cases, things get really messy. You can make the very good argument that you are in fear of your life, and that of others.
>>
>>47617472

I'm a cop. No. You don't draw unless you have a reason to. You can jump steps in the use of force continuum but you can't use lethal force or the threat of lethal force against perps committing non violent crimes
>>
I just don't see why it's such a big deal that people lost their shit over a dude pulling a gun. Maybe it's because I'm Australian and we have a massively skewed view of American gun culture, but to me, it seemed like a decent response. I know the whole 'Don't draw until you intend to kill' thing, and that makes sense, but simply holding a gun is usually a good deterrent.

Nobody was actually injured - except maybe the guy who tard raged and jumped through a window - and nobody was shot. Sucks that the owner needs to get repairs and the dude was never brought in by the cops, but nobody was shot, nobody was killed, and hopefully the kids who were just doing their own thing came back after a while.
>>
>>47617390

Threatening to pull a gun on someone is a chickenshit way to act and one of the single worse ways to resolve a situation.

Pulling a gun on someone is the ultimate escalation. You either kill the guy right there or put him in a situation where he does what you say or die. Simply gesturing at your weapon and going all "try me" is bullshit and will just make him freak the fuck out. The dynamic completely changes when guns come into the mix, even more so when the guy holding the gun isn't someone acting in an official capacity. I'd have fucking hoped someone like you who's trained to use them would understand this.

You and your pal could have just grabbed him and threw him out, you know.
>>
>>47617472
>When did everyone on /tg/ become liberal babies and eurofags?
I'm imagine it would be around the time they realised that liberal babies and eurofags are far less likely to get shot

>Usually, even in America, if a gun is pulled on you, even if you also have a gun, people start backing down really hard. That's why even when they don't intend to shoot cops will have their guns out just immediately for every possible minor felony. Because guns are scary.
if Yanis Vaoufakis has taught us anything, it's that game theory is a crock of shit.
>>
>>47617509

Agree. Not using the threat of lethal force which in many jurisdictions is known as brandishing.

They should have beat his ass.

Disturbing the peace (yelling)
Terroristic Threatening
Trespassing (asked to leave)
Vandalism (throwing books, minis)

See how none of those are violent crimes that can be met with lethal force?
>>
>>47617468
>>47617402

So, let me reiterate that I am a security guard, who has been professionally trained to handle these exact situations, and why I made the decisions I made.

We only drew weapons AFTER:

>He had been on multiple separate occasions been asked to leave, and adamantly refused to do so (by screaming at us).
>The police had been called (after the second time being asked to leave), and the man had been made aware of it
>The man was destroying property in a violent manner, throwing it at other people, much of which had sharp edges and heft to it that could do some serious damage
>The man had threatened to harm others in the store, most of whom were minors, and had displayed behavior that suggested this was a plausible possibility (yelling and screaming at 15yo kids, throwing their things, throwing things at them, etc.).
>He was made aware that we had weapons, and again asked to leave before they were drawn.

Drawing the weapon was a last resort that the man had TONS of opportunities to get out of, and yet he did not. By the time the weapons were drawn, he was in such a mental state that I couldn't reasonably let him out on the street for fear of harming himself or others, and we sought to detain him as efficiently as possible before the police arrived to handle the matter.
>>
>>47617522
>you can't use lethal force or the threat of lethal force against perps committing non violent crimes
U wot, mate?
You must live in a different America than me where children are shot on sight because they are holding toy guns.
>>
>>47617379
>Should have put the guns up and beat his ass.

Is an officer of the law actually suggesting that you physically assault someone?

This is fucking hilarious!
>>
>>47617570
There's no point reiterating your stance, dude. No matter what you say, other people who weren't there - and who likely would've shat themselves and ran - obviously know exactly what should've been done and how to handle the situation IF ONLY THEY HAD BEEN THERE.
>>
>>47617581

They are shot because the officer thinks it's a real gun being pointed at then. Don't be obtuse.
>>
>>47617570

>We only drew weapons AFTER:
>The police had been called

That is the fucking worst time to ever draw a gun. Know why? Because when those cops show up, you're now their priority. Not the other guy.
>>
>>47617553
>You and your pal could have just grabbed him and threw him out, you know.

Getting into a physical altercation while you have your sidearm on your person is the LAST thing you want to do, as it means the person you're fighting with can grab your weapon and then use it against you.
>>
>>47617593

Vs. bringing guns into it? Yes. I beat people's asses every day.
>>
>>47617619
If the guy had been zip-tied and on the ground and nobody else had their weapons drawn - or had them in plain sight - the cops could've taken things slow.
>>
Told this before, but...

>Pathfinder
>Join a game, because my group disbanded for a year, and Pathfinder is the only fucking game in town.
>DM had a massive martial-bias in a bad way. Thinks martials are overpowered because muh damage.
>Game is still geared towards them though because...?
>I roll a Wizard to complete the standard Fighter/Rogue/Cleric?Wizard party. DM doesn't pay me or Cleric much mind(until the Cleric started wading into melee himself, then he started getting the stink-eye too).
>I mostly stick to buff spells to keep the non-casters from getting buttfucked.
>DM keeps giving martials nice stuff, then destroying/taking it away the second it turns out it made them better. One time a weapon just flat-out stopped existing, and the DM refused to elaborate outside of the the fact the Fighter just didn't have it anymore.
>Game's dull as shit too, since everything is martial characters fight-wise. We fight a single caster who basically just does the same "buff everyone then take a smoke break while they do the rest of it" tactic I grew accustomed to.
>Show up to one game after a long day of work, tired and bored out of my mind, only half-paying attention.
>Some nutjob is monologuing at us.
>DM snaps a few times to get my attention to tell me it's my turn.
>I didn't feel like taking this NPC fuckwad's shit today and just slap a Hold Person on him.
>DM stares for a second then rolls a will save, followed by going into a screaming rage.
>Turns out random fuckwad was the BBEG decked out in a bunch of magic items that effectively made him indestructible against maritials and just showed up to basically fight us until he murdered a PC, then leave to show off his power of some dumb shit.
>Before the Rogue, almost salivating at the idea of stealing all thsoe overpowered magic items, can do his thing, DM screams at me toi get out and basically retcons away the encounter.

Pathfinder.
Never again.
>>
>>47617593

Cops will usually be on your side if you smack around a guy who's acting like this massive of a cunt and disturbing everyone. Provided you don't go overboard.

What they don't like is you waving guns around or worse, shooting someone unless it's obvious, direct, life-or-death self defense.
>>
>>47617625

And what was the reason you could not secure your gun before going hands on?
>>
>>47617630

A real cop would know >>47617625 . Face it, nigger, you've been outed harder than a redneck faggot who won't kiss his cousin.
>>
>>47617570
Dude, what store? I haven't lived in Houston in years but I need to be able to picture it.
>>
>>47617630
It's okay when you do it though because you're wearing a badge amirite?

This thread has to be a joke.

I refuse to believe that Americans are this stupid and uncivilised.
>>
>>47617619
>Because when those cops show up, you're now their priority. Not the other guy.

That's why when the police show up you immediately place your gun on the ground/nearby surface, step away from it, and put your hands in the air and comply with everything they tell you to do, even if it means they put you in cuffs. Explaining your way out it is done after the situation has been resolved.

Believe it or not, cops are trained how to handle situations where a law-abiding citizen is holding a violent person at bay with a sidearm.
>>
>>47617668

I'm nice till its time to not be nice. The OPs story didn't require guns to come out. A few stout lads should have shown the nutter to the door. No need for fisticuffs really. Just a straight arm bar perp walk to the door.
>>
>>47617637
While I agree mostly with the actions of the security guy in this story, that's not necessarily true. Unless by "slow" you mean "yelling at them to put the guns down now and then carrying things from there". Best case scenario, the two guys are cuffed and told to wait while they detain the perp, then released after getting eyewitness testimony. Worst case scenario is the cops come expecting an insane spree killer in the making and shoot the first person they see with a gun.

>But muh procedures

If you haven't checked the news lately, the cops haven't exactly been big on following the procedures for holding back on shooting someone. And not really big on getting in trouble for it, either.
>>
>>47617649
>And what was the reason you could not secure your gun before going hands on?

Son, have you ever had firearms training? If you get in a fistfight, it doesn't matter how "secure" your sidearm is - there is always a chance that weapon can come loose in a fight, and if the opponent knocks you out he can take that sidearm from you and put the hurt on other people.

You do not get into a fistfight if you're packing.
>>
>>47617720

Don't patronize me you fucking faggot. I said secure your weapon. If you knew what the fuck that means I'll help you. You lock it up off your person.
>>
>>47617709
By slow I mean the cops yelling to put the gun down - unless it's already down somewhere - and the guy discharging the clip (or whatever the fuck the /k/ autists want to tell me it actually is) and in plain sight putting it down somewhere.

Being temporarily detained and released after giving a statement is better than being shot.
>>
>>47617720
>and if the opponent knocks you out he can take that sidearm from you and put the hurt on other people

Not even counting the (admittedly very small) chance of an accidental discharge that could injure someone or make the perp freak out and think they're being shot at, which could send them into full on psycho mode.

>>47617700
Stop trying to pretend to be a cop. You have no fucking clue what you're saying.

>A few stout lads
>nutter

Nevermind, I get it now. Don't you have some Irish to brutalize and oppress?
>>
I don' have a specific story but there is one guy I game with regularly who spergs out if anyone besides him tries to play a character focused on martial arts.
>>
>>47617767
> hang on dude
> you're on the ground crying and wimpering
> just stay right there
> i'm going to go put this gun in the store manager's safe
> don't go anywhere, I'll be back in a few minutes
I don't think that'd work, friend.
>>
>>47617767
And where, pray tell, was I supposed to do that while trying to get a mentally unstable person to stop throwing books and other objects at people and screaming threats and profanity in a crowded store filled with minors? I couldn't exactly walk out to my car and lock it away all nice and tight in the glove box and then come back in and politely punch him in the mouth like "Civilized" people do.
>>
During a four way multiplayer game if Magic the Gathering, I caused a player to almost table flip, and draw a knife before he stormed out of the store. [Spoiler]I was playing Blue[/spoiler]
>>
>>47617767
>Excuse me, buddy, I see that this guy is violent, insane, and terrorizing a store full of children
>Just let me put my gun in the car
>OH GOD HE KILLED ONE OF THE KIDS IF ONLY I HAD AN EASY WAY TO MAKE THIS STOP ESCALATING

Last time I'm replying to you. In fact, just stop replying to this guy. He's either an idiot or a troll, and no matter which one, arguing with him just takes you down to his level.

>>47617773
IT'S A MAGAZINE YOU FUCKING wonderful person who doesn't deserve to be yelled at for a simple mistake in terminology.
>>
>>47617833
assault clipazines
>>
>>47617833
I don't frequent /k/, so I don't know the hard and fast difference between a magazine and a clip. Is the magazine the outer casing the clip itself just the bullets inside? idfk.
>>
>>47617830
kek

Please elaborate.

Where you playing draw-go?
>>
File: 1282698292586[1].jpg (12 KB, 221x228) Image search: [Google]
1282698292586[1].jpg
12 KB, 221x228
well, so much for this thread

might as well throw in my two cents
>>47617206
>>47617324
I don't believe you behaved particularly irresponsibly, but at the same time if you draw a gun there is always the possibility that you'll end up shooting someone. If, in his sperg-maddness, he'd come towards you after you'd pulled your gun, you'd have been forced to shoot him or risk losing your gun to him. The worst that was likely to happen if you didn't draw is that you'd get a few scrapes and bruises, given that you're a security guard by profession and you had two other guys there to help you, and he was unarmed.
>>
>>47617660
I sadly can't say, because I'm trying to become a real cop, but I'll say that it's in Houston proper.
>>
>>47617864
It's actually pretty easy. To use the simplest terms (Some of which are wrong but whatever), a magazine is a box you can put bullets into, then insert into the proper hole in a gun to make the magic happen. A clip is a strip or some other disposable thingy that bullets are attached to as OPPOSED to being inside of, that exists to put the bullets inside the gun, then thrown away.

A magazine is reusable, clips are very often not. Clip fed weapons are very, very rare these days because they're an older idea that was very inefficient, and aside from fringe cases, magazines are better in every way.
>>
>>47617553
>You either kill the guy right there or put him in a situation where he does what you say or die.
Reallllly failing to see the downside here.
>>
>>47617864
'Clips' are the shorthand term for stripper clips - devices which are used to load magazines (which can be either internal or detachable).
>>
Poster of >>47617944

There is also >>47617949. Sometimes clips are used to load magazines, because it's much faster than putting each bullet into the magazine by hand.

Yes, I know it's a cartridge, not a bullet, but that's splitting hairs too much for a simple explanation.
>>
File: M1_Garand_En-bloc_Clip.jpg (294 KB, 2712x1532) Image search: [Google]
M1_Garand_En-bloc_Clip.jpg
294 KB, 2712x1532
>>47617864
Here's something simple. The thing the bullets come from as you shoot? That's a magazine. A clip is just that- a clip, which holds the rounds that you're going to put in the magazine.

See pic related? That's a clip. You use that to put the bullets in the magazine (in the M1 Garand's case the magazine is internal and the clip actually stays in the gun until the magazine is empty), and the guns takes the bullets from the magazine and into the chamber, where they are then fired.
>>
>>47617553
> The dynamic completely changes when guns come into the mix
Yeah, the dynamic becomes 'the person with the gun has the power, and the person WITHOUT the gun does what he is told, or he is shot'. It's sort of how guns work. It's also one of the reasons why we give cops guns - because people generally respond to orders when the alternative is 'get shot'
>>
>>47617944
>then insert into the proper hole in a gun to make the magic happen.
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE INTERNAL MAGAZINES REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>47617993
>>47617949
>>47617944
I use them interchangeably when discussing them

That's probably why I never go on /k/. They'd hunt me down and shoot me when I mislabel it for the eighteenth time.
>>
>>47618035
I'm a huge gun nut who loves correcting people on misconceptions about them and I still sometimes say clip instead of magazine because Hollywood so don't feel bad You fucking faggot.
>>
>>47617908
>The worst that was likely to happen if you didn't draw is that you'd get a few scrapes and bruises,

It's shockingly easy to kill or permanently cripple a man with just your bare hands. Any fight is a potentially lethal one, and that's not including what might happen if he managed to grab my gun mid-altercation.

> and he was unarmed.

That we knew of. This is Texas, though - there's about a 50/50 chance he's carrying a knife, and a 1/20 chance he's carrying a pistol. What if he drew that mid-altercation and stabbed me or somebody else? I am not just responsible for my own safety, but for the safety of those who would be reasonably affected by my actions or lack thereof (i.e. if I didn't take the necessary steps to stop him, and he hurt somebody else, I am just as guilty for the other person being hurt because I had the power to stop it from happening but chose to not do so).

You also do NOT let anybody get close if you have your gun on you, end of discussion. The risk of it coming loose in a fight or being used against you isn't one you have the luxury of taking.

> you'd have been forced to shoot him

In that situation, it's an outcome I could have lived with. We did EVERYTHING we could to get him to calm down or leave before the weapons were ever drawn, and only drew them as a last resort. If he was crazy enough to charge two armed men head-on, then he is crazy enough to threaten himself or others, and therefore shooting him would be justifiable.
>>
>>47617872
No, the deck I was using basically just made you have to pay taxes on everything you tried to do. Not actually death and taxes, it just used things like rystic study, and rystic delude, with help from things like unsummon and such to help control the board state. Everyone I was playing against wasn't aware what I was doing so they all left me alone.

During the game the guy that freaked out was picking on one of the others who was very new at the game. I would help where I could, but I wasn't sticking me neck out for the guy. Eventually he swung for lethal on the new guy and I decided to be a dick and wipe out his board and kill him in response.

This game had lasted close to an hour, and needless to say out of the three he was the bigger threat so I was casually stopping his plans more then the others who were doing strategies i could handle. Needless to say everyone at the table was laughing, and he half got up and pretty forceably grabbed the underneath of the table and moved it, my coincidence I played my upper body down on the table because I was laughing so hard, so nothing really fell any where. And then he drew the knife.

Now, although he did make stabbing motions at me, I knew they were no where close to my person, and we were all laughing so we didn't really take it seriously. He grabbed his shit and stormed out. Everyone was kind of wondering what happened, nobody else outside of the table saw h draw the knife, and we just didn't take it seriously, so we didn't tell the owner what had happened.
>>
File: tumblr_lkrex2sGnI1qicsmao1_500.gif (466 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lkrex2sGnI1qicsmao1_500.gif
466 KB, 500x282
>>47618029
SIMPLE EXPLANATIONS DO NOT REQUIRE EXTENUATING CIRCUMSTANCES REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>47618081
>we just didn't take it seriously
You should have.
>>
>>47618087
BUT IT'S NOT AN EXTENUATING CIRCUMSTANCE AND IS IN FACT A FEATURE OF A VERY LARGE PROPORTION OF FIREARMS, ESPECIALLY THOSE OVER 60 YEARS OLD REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>47618035
Honestly we just give people shit for it online, but it's really not that big a deal.
>>
File: 479.jpg (21 KB, 470x336) Image search: [Google]
479.jpg
21 KB, 470x336
>>47618117
MOST PEOPLE WILL NEVER SEE A CLIP BEING USED TO LOAD AN INTERNAL MAGAZINE OUTSIDE OF WWII MOVIES SO IT'S NOT REALLY

WAIT WHY ARE WE FUCKING YELLING
>>
>>47617206
>>47617324
>Shit that never happened

Loser makes up story he thinks will make him sound cool, thread ruined by horde of idiots who believe him.
>>
>>47618081
What kind of game stores do you guys frequent where people bring knives and guns with them?

Is this an American thing or what?
>>
>>real life firearms brought up in any capacity
>>thread derails into pure autism

Never change /tg/
>>
>>47618141
WHAT, YOU NEVER SEE A WESTERN BEFORE? TUBE MAGAZINES AND OTHER INTERNAL MAGAZINES ARE STILL A PRETTY BIG THING, ESPECIALLY IN RURAL AREAS.

WE'RE YELLING TO FEIGN OUTRAGE AS THAT'S WHAT'S EXPECTED OF US REEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>47618113
Probably, yeah. We were just to caught up in the laughing to respond properly. I mean, after the fact I did think back on it and kind of go "holy shit. He drew on me". But I haven't heard about him doing anything else since, and that was like a year ago.
>>
>>47618150
Still mad about being told off, Britbong?
>>
>>47618155
I actually live in Canada, and it was a paper knife. Could still slice you pretty bad.
>>
>>47618164
AND IN MOST WESTERNS WHEN ANYONE IS EVER SEEN RELOADING AT ALL THEY DO SO BY HAND, NOT WITH A CLIP, BECAUSE IT BUILDS TENSION okay dammit I'm done with cruise control.
>>
>>47618150
>I refuse to believe that crazy shit happens in the real world

I'm from Houston, and this is completely believable for Houston.

>>47618155
Eh, a pretty sizable chunk of Americans carry knives of some sort. I do, because it's a useful tool (and one that I use almost daily) in addition to a self-defense tool. A good thumb-blade knife is a great investment for tons of reasons.
>>
>>47618200
> wtf are you going
> I CAST PAPER CUT
>>
>>47618155
>not carrying a knife on you at all times
It's just a useful tool to have. Never know when you might need it. Even shitty swiss army knives are pretty damn useful.

As for guns, some people just carry a gun with them wherever they go, except where they are banned. It might seem paranoid, but it's just a part of normal life for those people, just something to carry in their pockets in addition to their wallet, phone, and keys. You'd never be able to tell, most of the time.
>>
>>47618231
https://duckduckgo.com/?q=paper+knife&t=ffab&iax=1&ia=images
>>
>>47618229
I'm from Houston as well and, while I can believe it, I don't think I would call is something I ever expected I would see. But I grew up in Garden Oaks/Oak Forest and went through private schooling so I was probably just sheltered.
>>
>>47618229
>>47618243
Do you carry a knife for self defense or do you honestly use it on a daily basis to cut cheese or something?
>>
>>47618231
We call them paper knifes in my town I suppose, you might know them as box cutting knives I guess, or I could have just missed the sarcasm.
>>
>>47616208

> Player is complaining about someone outside the group
> Player's gripe is that this outsider gets frustrated easily and throws temper tantrums and doesn't like it
> Later during the day enemies attack
> Enemy attacks the player's mage
> Player throws a temper tantrum about mages being unbalanced and not powerful, how mages should have more AC
> Suggest player should invest in heavier armor feats and shields
> 'NO'
> continues to sulk

Talk about pot meeting kettle
>>
>>47618246
>>47618291
We just call that a boxcutter in Australia.

We are...we are just not very imaginative when it comes to naming things over here.
>>
>>47618283
I can't count how many times I've had the following situation happen to me

>"God dammit I need to unscrew this"
>"Oh yea, I have a knife!"
>Proceeds to use knife as makeshift screwdriver
>>
>>47616928

Back in college a guy tried to pull a knife on the entire gaming club because we didn't allow him to show us a youtube clip on the SmartBoard
>>
>>47618283
I wouldn't carry a knife for self defense. There's an old saying, "Nobody wins in a knife fight." But yeah, just daily use. Anything from opening packages to cleaning your fingernails, if you really wanted to.
>>
>>47618283
Self-defense is partly the reason, but I use it for opening boxes, popping off bottle caps from beer, opening letters, cutting non-food items that need to be cut, etc. It's pretty useful, and one that you don't think you need until you have one and can use it for tons of things.

From the self-defense angle, while I've never had to use it, it's a little bit of insurance that should a bad situation come up, I have something to protect myself with. It makes me feel safer, and what's wrong with that?
>>
>>47618291
They're boxcutters, mate.
>>47618310
Nah, they're called that over in the States as well.
>>
>>47618310
boxcutter's a pretty universal term

>>47618283
Depending on someone's job, a knife of some sort is pretty handy. Anyone who deals with packages on a regular basis will probably carry one around, if only because tearing open boxes with your bare hands every time is a wasted effort.
>>
>>47618079
>it's an outcome I could have lived with
all he'd done is scream a bit and smash a few minis

if you actually think he posed enough of a threat to justify a lethal response then you're even more insane than he is.

>It's shockingly easy to kill or permanently cripple a man with just your bare hands. Any fight is a potentially lethal one,
if this is what people are taught in self defence courses in America than no wonder there are so many shootings.

the human body is actually fairly resilient. Yes, technically any fight is potentially lethal, but if you approach any physical altercation with the assumption that it could kill you then your responses are usually going to be wildly disproportionate. The trouble with a lot of self-defence standards is that they're often ultimately derived from military training, and therefore wildly inappropriate for civilian settings.

Again, the guy was just screaming and smashing stuff, and you'd already mentally skipped ahead to 'what if he starts beating my head in with a broken table'. He was unarmed, you had two other people on your side, and he hadn't even made a move to physically harm you yet. If he'd already attacked someone then you could at least make the case for drawing a weapon (although I'd still say the better solution would be to pull him off), but given his actions I'd say that you needlessly escalated the situation.

> We did EVERYTHING we could to get him to calm down or leave
so if you can't get him to calm down just back off. Just because you don't have a legal duty to retreat doesn't mean that it isn't the responsible thing to do.
>>
>>47618369
You know, it's really easy to tell someone what they should've done when you weren't there.

People like you are just as bad as those that say "I would've stopped that gunman if I was there."

You don't know that. You weren't there. You're imagining a perfect scenario.
>>
>>47618369
I have never seen a weaker post in all my time on 4chan, and I've been here for a while. You're the kind of guy who lets burglars break into your house, tie you up, rape your wife, and leave all without raising a word in anger.

You honestly disgust me.
>>
>>47618369

"I have neither experience nor training in how to deal with violent individuals, nor have I ever been in an actual violent confrontation in my life"
>>
>>47618369
>just screaming and smashing stuff

I love how every one of these arguments hinge on totally ignoring that he was throwing large, heavy, and oftentimes sharp objects AT kids and other bystanders. Which is something that was mentioned from the very beginning. Here, let me make sure you can't reasonably claim you didn't see it.

>throwing things at people
>THROWING THINGS AT PEOPLE
>throwing things AT PEOPLE
>Assault
>Delicious alcohol

There you are. Now you can stop being a raging, butthurt faggot.
>>
>>47618408
>You're the kind of guy who lets burglars break into your house, tie you up, rape your wife, and leave all without raising a word in anger.
I'm sorry, are you actually trying to compare a smashing a daemon prince of slaanesh to raping someone's wife?

>>47618403
no, saying that I wouldn't have drawn a gun in that situation is actually not anywhere close to saying 'I would have totally stopped that gunman and saved everybody.'

>>47618421
we're talking about someone throwing a tantrum over a tabletop game, not a tour in Iraq
>>
>>47616850
This is why the other states make fun of you texas
>>
>>47618542
Ah, I see, you willfully ignored it. The one argument you can't counter, so you just ignore it!

Enjoy your victory, bub :^) You've earned it!
>>
>>47618468
>he threw a rulebook at me
>better shoot him
>>
>>47618566
How many heavy objects have you been concussed by in your sheltered lifetime, anon?
>>
>>47618566
>Missed the point where he threw several objects
>Some of which were sharp
>And throwing them at children

I thought pussy liberals went apeshit when anything happened to children. Guess I was wrong!
>>
>>47618561
>Ah, I see, you willfully ignored it.
wilfully ignored what?
>>
>>47618566
Can I throw a rulebook as hard as I can at your head, since it's clearly not that big of a deal to you? I'm thinking something hardcover, 40K 7th edition or something. Just bolt it as hard as I fucking can at your temple, if that's alright.
>>
>>47618566
First of all, it's clear that he didn't shoot him. Second of all, remember the Boston Massacre? There's a reason the soldiers were in the right for firing. That being, they were being pelted with rocks, which could seriously injure or kill them if they hit them in the head.
>>
File: 1318097079319.jpg (48 KB, 350x466) Image search: [Google]
1318097079319.jpg
48 KB, 350x466
>What's the most autistic nerd rage behaviour you've encountered in tabletop gaming /tg/?

>Let's hear some horror stories.

How about this thread, for starters
>>
>>47618582
Joy, you threw a pitiful strawman argument at it that was incredibly counter-intuitive, as other anons are pointing out.

You're willfully ignoring that you have no ground to stand on. Shh, no, it's okay. You can let go now. You can lose an argument on the internet. It's alright.
>>
>>47618566
>missing the part where he was told multiple times to leave or calm down, had the police called, and then repeatedly asked to leave again before weapons were ever drawn, all the while never calming down and escalating his violent behavior
>all while in the presence of minors that he threatened to harm and tried to harm by throwing objects at them
>>
File: 1366444031357.gif (19 KB, 100x100) Image search: [Google]
1366444031357.gif
19 KB, 100x100
>>47618617
Yes, yes. You're an ebin trole. Go play in trafic or something.
>>
>>47618592
>>47618579
>>47618581
>they're actually trying to justify shooting someone over throwing a rulebook
>>
>>47618542
>we're talking about someone throwing a tantrum over a tabletop game, not a tour in Iraq

There's a difference between a tantrum and a full-grown man having a violent mental breakdown in a crowded and confined store and throwing sharp and heavy objects at minors as he screams profanity at everybody in earshot, all the while refusing to cooperate with other people and leave the store or move to the back room where he can't hurt people.

Dude was completely in the right to act as he did, and did so after following all the proper procedures.
>>
>>47618657
>he's actually trying to justify tucking his head in between his legs when somebody gets violent
>>
File: bnp_mirror.jpg (69 KB, 480x638) Image search: [Google]
bnp_mirror.jpg
69 KB, 480x638
>>47616971
Don't you have a bull to prep?
>>
>>47618636

We are approaching 100 posts of people mindlessly shouting at each other over a story that probably didn't even happen. That is not normal.
>>
>>47618657
> they actually think the corner of a heavy hardcover book can't concuss or kill someone
> someone like a child or teenager

Also, where the fuck did you get that someone got shot, you illiterate fuck? No shots were even fired, let alone hitting anyone.
>>
>>47618682
Yes, yes. You're so much smarter than everyone else for being skeptical for no reason.

Go play in traffic or something.
>>
>>47617193
They aren't. No, nigs killing nigs doesn't count, only humans do.
>>
>>47618657
>>47618566
>>47618542
>They're actually trying to justify not doing something to protect children from someone literally attacking them with heavy blunt objects
>>
>>47618657

Nobody got shot, and the only reason guns were drawn was because he refused to leave and threatened violence on minors and other bystanders while having a full-blown mental breakdown, and refusing to leave or calm down even after being informed first that he police were called and THEN after two individuals in the store who were attempting to resolve the situation were armed. It was only after his refusal to comply with ANY demands whatsoever and he presented credible threat to himself and others that weapons were ever drawn.
>>
>>47618682
>that probably didn't even happen.

Let's be real, it's pretty par for the course for Space City.
>>
>>47618657
If you start screaming and chucking 2 pound objects at me or children, yeah, I have no qualms about removing you as a danger to myself or others. I will also use the most efficient means of ending that violent confrontation after my other options have been exhausted.

Keep your shit in check or I will do it for you.
>>
>>47618682
Don't forget that most of them are le ebin trolls who think they're the most clever people on 4ch- Oh, wait.
>>
So, if I want /tg/ to absolutely lose its shit and derail a thread to the bitter end all I have to do is to passingly mention guns in a greentext.
>>
>>47618802
Or just
>coasters
>>
>>47618802
>passingly mention guns in a greentext.
That greentext was 90% about the gun and how it was used to calm (somewhat) a situation without killing anyone.
>>
>>47618802
(You) keep trying.
>>
>>47616208

>What's the most autistic nerd rage behaviour you've encountered in tabletop gaming /tg/?

This entire thread.
>>
File: Perfectly Calm.jpg (76 KB, 300x309) Image search: [Google]
Perfectly Calm.jpg
76 KB, 300x309
>>47618816
>>
>>47618721
>>47618687
I didn't say that he shot someone, I'm just saying that YOU are trying to justify shooting someone because they were throwing books and minis around.

>and I'm the one who gets accused of imagining scenarios and never having been in an actual physical altercation.

I expect this kind of shit on /pol/ and /k/ but for some reason I'd gotten the impression that /tg/ was a little more mature. Oh well, so much for that.

THIS IS NOT A GAME YOU FUCKING CHILDREN. IF YOU DO WHAT YOU'RE TRYING TO DEFEND A REAL PERSON ENDS UP DEAD.
>>
>>47618822
I got three (You)s in less than two minutes so there's no need

But seriously, this shit gets ridiculous
>>
>>47618844
If you don't do what we're trying to defend, several children get hurt or dead because of insano in the braino.

And you keep ignoring that. Still. Even now. After being told several times by several anons.
>>
>>47618844
I'm not justifying shooting anyone. I'm justifying drawing a gun because someone was threatening other people and clearly that anon isn't a piece of shit who is happy to stand around and watch others potentially get injured.

If the 'real person' hadn't been a fucking spastic and attacked people, he wouldn't have had a gun pulled on him. It's not fucking hard. Act like a dangerous retard, get treated like a dangerous retard.
>>
>>47618715
Well, they're Europeans, the rights of victims are less important there.
>>
>>47618844
The only good sperg is a dead sperg. The world wouldn't mourn. His parents would, but then again they should have done a better job raising their fucking kid.
>>
>>47618826
I don't know this isn't, a "x-hate" thread, those tend to get extremely autistic.
>>
>>47618871
>several children get hurt or dead because of insano in the braino.
firstly, he was throwing books and minis. Only in the most wildly improbable scenario does any of the kids get more than a slight bruise.

Secondly, that's rather moot since all the kids left the store as soon as the guy started sperging out. By the time the guy drew his gun all the kids had left.

> several children get hurt or dead because of insano in the braino.
okay seriously, what reality do you come from? It must be horrible there
>>
>>47618844
The weapon being drawn wasn't justified because of "throwing books and minis around." It was justified because of "books and minis" (which are not only heavy, but can have very sharp edges more than capable of cutting or lacerating somebody) being thrown AT CHILDREN by a violent and mentally unstable man who refused to calm down or cooperate with anybody in the store, even AFTER being informed the police were on their way and THEN being informed that other patrons were armed and willing to detain him until police arrived, whose behavior kept escalating until the point where the weapons were legally drawn.

>I'd gotten the impression that /tg/ was a little more mature.

Attempting to detain a man threatening violence against minors who clearly isn't mentally sound is the mature thing to do.

>IF YOU DO WHAT YOU'RE TRYING TO DEFEND A REAL PERSON ENDS UP DEAD.

A. Sometimes that happens in the real world. The man had every possible option to walk away before guns ever got drawn, and even then he didn't cooperate once they WERE drawn.

B. He didn't end up dead.
>>
>>47616208
Once had a DM go full man-baby because of one of our players.
>>
>>47618974
And?
>>
>>47618893
>I'm not justifying shooting anyone. I'm justifying drawing a gun

You don't draw a gun unless you're prepared to shoot someone. That's like rule 1 of firearm safety.
>>
Well my parents are super autistic shitlords so I was sort of prepared for anything when i started playing Magic or Dnd. Or pokemons.

But honestly some of the worst reactions have been my own. Either due to ignorance, salt, or time constraints.

Yes. There is much I have done that I regret. But I believe it has somehow made me a better person.
>>
>>47618953
>Only in the most wildly improbable scenario does any of the kids get more than a slight bruise.

Have you even looked at a 40K rulebook, anon? Or solid metal models with sharp edges?

>Secondly, that's rather moot since all the kids left the store as soon as the guy started sperging out.

They left at when he began to throw shit at them and scream. That's assault and battery right there.

>By the time the guy drew his gun all the kids had left.

And yet the man had not calmed down, still refused to cooperate, was still throwing things, and had shown he was already willing to harm other people by his earlier actions.

I can't believe your reaction to a stranger assaulting minors is "run away." That's straight-up the most cowardly thing I've ever heard.
>>
>>47618953
>assuming these are like old school pewter models, or hard back books.
>>
>>47618993
Just because you're prepared to shoot someone doesn't mean you're actually required to pull the trigger as soon as the gun leaves its holster, now does it?

Sounds like anon was fully prepared to shoot the spastic, should the situation have escalated further. It's the same reason cops draw guns but can still arrest people without shooting them - because they are PREPARED to shoot, but they don't actually HAVE to.
>>
>>47618964
>being thrown AT CHILDREN
except that it doesn't say that anywhere

>>47617206
>>47617324

there weren't any children in the store when he drew his gun. And even if there had been shooting someone for throwing a toy at a teenager is insane
>>
>>47618682
>not normal

No, people telling stories that probably didn't happen is pretty common here. Threads getting completely derailed from it, less so, but it does happen.
>>
>>47619068
A 15 year old is a child by law, and in most adults eyes you retard.
>>
>>47619011
Drawing your gun recklessly is not bravery, it's incredible stupidity. This was some pathetic neckbeard throwing a fit over a kid disagreeing with him, telling him they'd call the cops would most likely be enough of a deterrent.

And what if the guy DIDN'T leave and they actually had to shoot and probably kill him? Drawing a lethal weapon is the absolute worst thing you can do to de-escalate a situation
>>
>>47619107
If I was told to calm down by a guy holding a gun, I fucking would.
>>
>>47619068
>except that it doesn't say that anywhere

I am the original poster, anon. He was throwing shit all over the place and at the minors in the store. They were leaving as he was throwing things at them, with some of them connecting.

>there weren't any children in the store when he drew his gun.

Correct.

>And even if there had been shooting someone for throwing a toy at a teenager is insane

I didn't draw my gun because he was throwing things. I drew my gun for all the reasons listed here >>47617570, and he STILL did not cooperate once we actually drew our guns and went to detain him as a rational person would.

I'm sure you know best, though, because you were totally there and also have the professional training to correctly handle those situations.
>>
>>47619107
Also, even if you're not concerned about the guy's life, everyone in the store ends up with permanent and irreversible hearing damage
>>
>>47619134
A fair amount of the population wouldn't, especially not when they're pissed beyond all rational thought. That's part of why cops are not taught to whip out their guns to fix every situation
>>
>>47619107
>recklessly
Story I read, there wasn't anything reckless about it.

>And what if the guy DIDN'T leave and they actually had to shoot and probably kill him?
Then he'd be dead. And the world keeps turning.
>>
>>47619107
>Drawing a lethal weapon is the absolute worst thing you can do to de-escalate a situation

99% of sane people do whatever they're told when they're facing down the barrel of a gun, anon. That's why cops have them.

> telling him they'd call the cops would most likely be enough of a deterrent.

They literally did that, and told him they did it, and then asked him to leave. He still did not, and continued to have a "fit" even after guns were drawn until he violently fled the scene.

Did you even read the story?
>>
>>47618819
You let that psycho back on the streets anon you didn't do shit
>>
>>47619164
The a fair amount of the population are fucking retarded. Maybe it's just because of the large amount of guns and CC people over there, but here in Australia, by and large, if someone is holding a gun, you listen REALLY FUCKING CAREFULLY to what they're saying.
>>
>>47619174
Oh yeah, it's just murder, no biggie
>>47619176
>99% of sane people do whatever they're told when they're facing down the barrel of a gun, anon. That's why cops have them.
No they fucking don't, and most crimes are not worth killing a person over. Again: That is why guns are not a fix-all magic wand, and cops get training on when it is appropriate to use their weapons.
>>
>>47619183
The guy you're responding too ain't me, anon.

I wasn't going to shoot him in the back. That one would quite likely land me in jail.
>>
>>47619031
>Sounds like anon was fully prepared to shoot the spastic, should the situation have escalated further.
the entire point of my argument is that this is wrong.

>>47619011

>Have you even looked at a 40K rulebook, anon? Or solid metal models with sharp edges?
you know, just for shits and giggles I got my 40k rulebook out of the bookcase next to me and smashed it again my head.

It hurt. Mildly.

If that's not enough empirical evidence for you, feel free to try it yourself. Go ahead, knock yourself out.

> That's assault and battery right there.
except that he didn't throw anything at the kids. He took a mini and threw it against the wall. Also, by kids we're talking 16 year olds here, not seven year olds.

>had shown he was already willing to harm other people by his earlier actions.
except that he hadn't hurt anyone at all. At most he'd frightened some people.

>And yet the man had not calmed down, still refused to cooperate, was still throwing things
none of this is any kind of justification for shooting someone
>>
>>47616850
No you didn't
>>
>>47619210
> it's just murder, no biggie
In the grand scheme, it isn't. People die all the time. It's a big thing because we as a society make it a thing.

>>47619221
What, that he wasn't prepared to shoot, or that you, who wasn't there and are working off a second-hand account, don't think he should've drawn the weapon?
>>
>>47619221
>you know, just for shits and giggles I got my 40k rulebook out of the bookcase next to me and smashed it again my head.
You didn't bash it against your head at full force, and you certainly didn't use one of the sides. That's how you break something on your face.
>>
>>47619210
>murder

You either didn't read the story, or you're just completely retarded if killing a violent and mentally unstable man who refuses to cooperate with ANY demands by a trained professional to calm down or leave would be "murder."
>>
>>47619210
>murder
No, when you shoot a guy who is physically assaulting you, that's self-defense. Also known as justifiable homicide.
>>
>>47617206
Nuh uh
>>
>>47617390
Nope, bullshit
>>
>>47619141
>They were leaving as he was throwing things at them, with some of them connecting.
well you didn't specify that earlier. But that kind of just proves my point that having a few books thrown at them wouldn't put any kids in the hospital

>I drew my gun for all the reasons listed here >>47617570,
yes, and those are bad reasons. If the guy had been a direct threat to others at the time you drew your gun, then you might be justified. Otherwise all you were doing was threatening to shoot someone over smashing some minis. You should just have left the store and waited for the cops to arrive. Property damage isn't worth shooting someone over.
>>
>>47617472
It's brandishing and puts your ass in jail
>>
>>47619221

>It hurt. Mildly.

You do know that the human brain will instinctively and automatically pull its own punches to prevent it from hurting itself? Try having your buddy hit you in the head with it as hard as you can and we'll see what you say.

>except that he didn't throw anything at the kids

Oh well would you lookie here:

>>47619141
>I am the original poster, anon. He was throwing shit all over the place and at the minors in the store. They were leaving as he was throwing things at them, with some of them connecting.

That's assault and battery.

>except that he hadn't hurt anyone at all.

see

>with some of them connecting.

Please try harder though, your floundering is absolutely hilarious.
>>
>>47619254
>You didn't bash it against your head at full force, and you certainly didn't use one of the sides. That's how you break something on your face.
well go ahead and try it for yourself, and if you just get your next of kin to post a picture of your broken skull I'll concede the argument.
>>
>>47619256
>, or you're just completely retarded if killing a violent and mentally unstable man
It was a manchild throwing 40k figurines. Does he pose some amount of potential danger? Perhaps. Were all the other people in the store completely unable to deal with that situation in any way that didn't involve drawing their guns? Yes, they fucking were, and very easily at that.
>who refuses to cooperate with ANY demands by a trained professional to calm down or leave would be "murder
You are stretching the story so far they should call you Mr Fantastic
>>
>>47619215
But you said earlier that you refused to physically remove him because you were afraid of him being on the street and becoming a danger to himself and others, even though you asked him to leave repeatedly before.

Your actions didn't solve anything and cost that store owner window.

I don't care about you drawing a gun, but you and that other guy didn't stop anything and let a psycho get on the streets where those kids he was attacking were on.
>>
>>47619346
able to deal*
>>
>>47619327
see>>47619308
>>
>>47618164
https://youtu.be/3qwU1LQZA5g

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>47619141
I'm sure the real police were really happy you trigger happy rent-a-cops were there to calm things down by waving guns around. If that guy really was mentally unstable and not just a man child throwing a temper tantrum he would not give a shit about a gun pointed at him.
>>
>>47619383
>trigger happy
to be fair, he didn't actually shoot anyone
>>
>>47619247
>>47619262
You know it's your feelings talking when you're arguing semantics over killing a person. Even if you're actually Coldsteel the Hedgehog and wouldn't care to waste a human life like that, there's going to be a police investigation and most likely legal repercussions. And everyone is going to remember the time someone got fucking killed in the store, which wouldn't be good for business.
>>
>>47619400
>defending yourself and others is "edgy" now
>>
>>47619308
>If the guy had been a direct threat to others at the time you drew your gun, then you might be justified.

Let's go down the list here.

>Explosive behavior towards minors, including an unprovoked shouting match towards a 15yo kid.
>Throwing heavy objects across a crowded store, including at minors, with the intention of hurting them.
>Constant threats to other storegoers
>Constant shouting and screaming at anybody attempting to calm him down
>Refusal to leave when asked
>Refusal to calm down after being told police will be called if he doesn't
>Refusal to leave when asked after police have been called
>Continue to throw things around the store and threaten people in the store
>Refusal to leave a third time
>Refusal to leave or calm down after being told that I and another person were armed and were going to detain him if he didn't leave

All of these behaviors combined are more than a plausible sign that this man is a threat to others, which means that, after being asked multiple times to cooperate or leave and refusing and after all legal and safe approaches had been tried, drawing the sidearm was the most efficient way to detain the man until peace officers arrived to properly handle him.

Next time it happens I'll be sure to call you and get you to handle the situation "correctly," though.
>>
>>47619412
Okay, now address the legal repercussions, police investigation and negative effect on the public image of the shop

And nobody answered when I brought up the risk of hearing damage.
>>
>>47619400
The media would spin it one of two ways, depending on their bias anyway.

1)
> MENTALLY ILL MAN GUNNED DOWN BY PSYCHOPATHS IN CHILDREN'S GAME STORE
or
2)
> HEROES STOP MENTALLY UNSTABLE RAMPAGE, PROTECT CHILDREN

Not that it matters, since not a single fucking shot was fire.

I wonder what the guy was thinking after he escaped. I wonder if he realised what he did was wrong, or if he just wiped his tears, rubbed his hands and muttered 'I don't care what anyone says, Slaanesh ISN'T real'
>>
>>47619400
>which wouldn't be good for business.

Neither is a crazy and violent man tearing the place to pieces either, though.
>>
>>47617300
They do, but it usually ends with someone dead or arrested. Pulling a gun on someone that isn't trying to attack you someone else, or your home is illegal.
>>
>>47619436
When did some dude throwing figurines and rulebooks around become some monster capable of destroying the store while the feeble humans helplessly watched?

Most likely the result would have been the same if he'd got punched in the gut really hard
>>
>>47616208
It's really short but the DM was making a homebrew and one of the players threw an autistic shitfit when he realized that he wouldn't be able to do anything he planned to do with the character under this system and just really went off the deep end screaming at him in voice chat and actually CRYING over it for a while.

Though that game never did happen in the end because the DM never finished the system.
>>
>>47619426
>legal repercussions
Plausible expectation of dropped charges, if any were filed at all.

>police investigation
This would be the thing resulting is said dropped charges.

>negative effect on the public image of the shop
If he lives in Cali, maybe. I'd frequent the shit out of a shop if I knew it had regulars willing to defend it.

>hearing damage
Most people take more hearing damage via loud music.
>>
>>47619485
Regale us with stories of times you stepped up to the plate and took matters into your own hands, then.
>>
>>47619485
>When did some dude throwing figurines and rulebooks around become some monster capable of destroying the store while the feeble humans helplessly watched?
When he also decided to destroy a fucking window to get away
>>
>>47619383
>I'm sure the real police were really happy you trigger happy rent-a-cops were there to calm things down by waving guns around.

They actually said that we handled it quite well, given the damage to the store and with the owners backing, especially after they watched the CCTV footage of him losing his fucking mind.

>If that guy really was mentally unstable and not just a man child throwing a temper tantrum he would not give a shit about a gun pointed at him.

Those are EXACTLY the types of people who you need to be pointing a gun at, because if having a gun pointed at you doesn't stop you from being violent and aggressive, then not much else will but the bullet in the gun.

You seem to think I WANTED to shoot the guy, which is the exact opposite of how we tried to handle that situation.
>>
File: UF1vQAB.gif (2 MB, 540x297) Image search: [Google]
UF1vQAB.gif
2 MB, 540x297
>>47616399
>>
Why did no one just try ro restrain the guy? He was unarmed and you had him outnumbered
>>
>>47619537
Have you tried to restrain someone who's in the throes of being a fucking psychotic retard? It's not as easy as it sounds.

Another case of 'Why didn't you just X? That would've fixed everything. I can't believe I'm the only one to have thought of this."
>>
>>47619537
>It's a "new anon asks question that has already been answered multiple times because he's too fucking dumb to read the thread" thread
>>
>>47619498
Now tell me: Is all that mess worth it when there's far simpler ways to fix the situation?
>>47619520
Oh god, an adult male broke a window by tackling it while trying to get away from armed individuals, he must have been fucking Kryptonian
>>47619507
Why?
>>
>>47619537
>He was unarmed

That you knew of. And as stated here >>47617625, that is an extremely bad idea if you're carrying sidearm, because that gun can come loose and be used by the other guy (or he can take it from you if he knocks you out/kills you and go on to hurt others).
>>
>>47619562
>Is all that mess worth it
Yes.
>>
>>47619422
>drawing the sidearm was the most efficient way to detain the man until peace officers arrived to properly handle him.
except that you let him run off into the street. Which 1) clearly shows that was not the most efficient way to detain him, and 2) begs the question: if you thought he was so dangerous, why didn't you chase after him?

>Next time it happens I'll be sure to call you and get you to handle the situation "correctly," though.
no, next time if you can simply back away, then just back away. Unless someone else is in immediate danger then the responsible thing to do it retreat.

And because I know someone is going to call me a faggot for saying that and tell me that a real man would draw the gun: nope. In order to be a man you have to be an adult. And an adult does the responsible thing even if it makes him look like a pussy in the eyes of some people.
>>
>>47619562
>Why? Because you're an armchair general, expounding on subjects you have no experience in.
>>
>>47619562
>when there's far simpler ways to fix the situation?

What simple solution are you talking about, then? Since you were totally there and all.

>Oh god, an adult male broke a window by tackling it while trying to get away from armed individuals, he must have been fucking Kryptonian

A commercial glass window, which is actually extremely tough to just charge through, and this was AFTER he threw one of them halfway across the store.
>>
>>47619583
Really? Because all logic says "no" and would rather point to literally any other way that didn't result in all that shit, even if it went as incredibly well as you predict
>>
>>47619562
> Why?
Because you're clearly an expert on what should be done in those situations, so I can only assume you have extensive real-world experience in handling such matters.

Otherwise, I mean, you'd just be a retard on the internet, talking about something he doesn't know anything about, and you wouldn't do that...right?
>>
>>47619537
I am by no means defending the gun happy shits but have you actually tried to restrain someone and know the laws behind it?

Even at the facility I work out when we have the law backing us up, a mentally challenged person gets hurt and you might as well say good bye to several million dollars and an awkward trial period.

This is ignoring how some people are naturally better at slipping out of holds, bite and scratch wounds and just general weird shit that happens to the body when grabbed. I have seen a muscle bound goliath crack his sternum like glass and an elderly woman break someone's leg, gouge an eye and outrun three staff and scale a fence.
>>
>>47619613
Why are you replying? He clearly thinks grappling simply works like in his games, where it's an easy roll v counter-roll, and if you roll better the enemy is grappled, end of story.
>>
>>47619554
Yes. You take a few knocks but if you can overpower them you can end the tantrum quickly. The fight just drains out of them quick when they can't flail their arms around anymore. And in the given scenario there were at least two people to do it. At worst you'd have to tackle him to the ground. I don't doubt people felt threatened and since it all worked out it seems like it was the best move, it's just pulling guns seems...extreme to my mindset
>>
>>47619598
I'm sure you're the fucking Lone Ranger, anon. Clearly your experience trumps basic fucking logic and human decency.
>>47619609
You're the one arguing for killing people over tantrums at game stores and I'm the retard? Please tell me more, o wise one
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 20

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.