[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pathfinder General - /pfg/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 38
Pathfinder General /pfg/

Vehicle shown with optional extras edition.

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/hdPm41ad

Old Thread: >>47582766
>>
>>47594027
Yeah, as cool as the accidental exploit was, it went from "this is kinda neat" to "holy shit what" once Strength was added to the mix.

>>47593985
Fluffwise, they're psionic in nature. I'll amend the wording on the taboo a bit when I get the chance.
>>
>>47594333
oops.
>>
>>47593957
Urban Barb 17/Urogue 3 may only get 42 Dex for +16 mod, so only +56 per hit, which does give you a 16 damage per hit deficit. Of course, this is offset by a significantly higher AC/Reflex/Initiative, and +1d6 sneak attack (which admittedly, a high level character will have little to no issue stacking up), plus another 1d6 from a power charrm leaves only a +9 damage per attack difference. And then having those rogue levels means you can dump the remaining extra feats into boosting your sneak attack dice even further up.
>>
>>47594455
Sounds like that's a reason for them to close the loophole for that too.
>>
>>47594498
Loophole?
>>
Can a aegis 3/warder 2 take advaced study at 5th level if they have practiced initiator (warder)?
>>
>>47594604
No, you need 4 levels in a single initiator base class, archetype or PrC to qualify for Advanced Study.
>>
Which is better for me, /pfg/?

I want to be a Dex-Fighter/Illusionist type, two weapon fighting with a Cane Sword and Greater Unarmed Strike. Practiced initiator is disallowed because the GM has declared the half-scaling sufficient. Our level cap is 10, after which we starting getting bonus feats.

My options are:

Eldritch Scoundrel Hidden Blade Rogue 10
Caster Level 10, 4th level spells
Initiator Level 10, 5th level Maneuvers w/ Feats
Sneak Attack Progression (3d6 with a Feat)
Free Weapon Finesse
Rogue Talents
+7 BAB
+3 Base Fortitude
+7 Base Reflex
+3 Base Will

Wizard 4/Warder 2/Bladecaster 4
Caster Level 9 (4th level spells)
Initiator Level 8 (4th level maneuver)
Intelligence to AC
Armiger's Mark
Free Two Weapon Fighting
Free Familiar
Free Arcane School Bonuses (Mage of the Veil)
+8 BAB
+6 Base Fortitude
+2 Base Reflex
+8 Base Will

I am open to any other suggestions you guys might have to help me get my Martial Gish on.
>>
>>47594813
so could I take it if I did aegis 4 / warder 1 with initiator's soul? If so what level maneuvers could I get?

this line is causing the confusion:
>New Aegis Customizations
> The maximum levels of maneuvers and stances gained through aegis customizations is limited by those listed on Table 2-1: Archetype Maneuver Progression, although this restriction does not apply to maneuvers added to his maneuvers known through other methods, such as prestige classes or the Advanced Study feat.

could I grab level 3 maneuvers from the disciplines I chose with initiators soul, even though the customization's would lock me to level 2?
>>
>>47594930
Yes, Adv Study effectively lets you grab maneuvers as if you had full progression.
>>
File: Dirk_Gently_UK_front_cover.jpg (42 KB, 363x543) Image search: [Google]
Dirk_Gently_UK_front_cover.jpg
42 KB, 363x543
I am playing a level 3 Psychic Detective (Investigator who is a 6th level psychic spellcasting class).
My DM let me take Sacred Geometry because he had never heard of it before and it works really well with my character's fluff.
Two questions:
-Which two metamagic feats should I take for [min]maximum usefulness?
-Which 1st level Psychic spells might work well with them?

So far I am thinking Extend + Persistent Spell with Burst of Adrenaline, Sleep, Vanish, and something else as spells known.
>>
Can TWF ever be as good as two handing power attack?
>>
I want to run a modified Hell's Rebels campaign for my players where they are Thrune agents and the secret masterminds behind the rebellion are a mint cartel.
How terrible of an idea is this?
>>
>>47595323
It can when you TWF a two hander and a dragon style unarmed strike.
>>
>>47595323
standard answer is if they have enough on-hit effects like sneak attack or what have you, then yes
>>
>>47595323
Only if you're a Diopsid dual-wielding large longswords with Oversized Two-Weapon Fighting.
>>
>>47595323
Yes, but you'll pay more feats for it.
>>
>>47595604
or Stupendous Strength, from our DSP overlords
>>
>>47595609
So no.
>>
>>47595755
Yeah, no.

Something being good is also dependent on how costly (in gold or character resources) it takes to achieve it.
>>
Hey, friend and I are having a discussion. Which is more useless, Prone Shooter or Parting Blast?
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/prone-shooter-combat
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/parting-blast
Friend is arguing that Parting Blast picks up a bit of situational usefulness by denying enemy necromancers your corpse. While that point is fair, I don't think it's enough to overcoming needing to take Reverse Toughness to do it.

Opinions of /pfg? Any other candidates for the worst feat in the game?
>>
>>47595991
Just take it as a Gambler.
>>
>>47595604
I wish Paizo would port Dragon Compendium over, it's all *their* stuff after all. It's kind of swingy in 3.5 "style good options and terrible options everywhere" but a lot of it was really great (and the only change from that style in PF is the consistency with which the mundane options are bad and the casters' are good).
>>
Wanted to thank everyone from last thread for the feedback on Steelforge. Had life stuff to take care of, so direct response time is limited.

We are compiling it all and taking a good look at what people mention. More is always welcome
>>
>>47595991
I don't understand prone shooter. The description about stabilizing your weapon. And the whole 'shooter' bit, makes it sounds like it should add to your attack roll.
>>
>>47595991
There's always the feat for taking a standard action to increase your reach until the end of your turn without taking Lunge's penalty.
>>
>>47595991 (me)
>>47596065
I actually found out that the PFSRD version is the errataed version. The original removed the penalty for firing a ranged weapon while prone. Which was a 3.5 mechanic that was removed coming into PF.

Though honestly, the question stands: i a feat that removes a nonexistent penalty better than Parting Blast?
>>
>>47596131
Prone shooter is still better.

Essentially, any feat that assumes all has gone wrong is still worse than a feat that could contribute to things going right.

A prone shooter could save your bacon. Unlikely and would put you in a fair bit of risk to do, but it could. Parting blast takes up a feat for something you will never benefit from.

In fact, it also makes it harder for YOUR cleric to bring you back.

Prone shooter still has benefits, even if it had to be fixed from discussing a penalty that doesn't exist.
>>
>>47596109
Not even DIO can say how useless that is.
>>
>>47596109
>>47596186
>>47595991
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/monkey-lunge-combat
Yeah, this feat is completely useless.

You actually have to find a way to provoke with your move/swift to even get a benefit from it, because it ends at the end of your turn.
>>
>>47596178
Well, now we're talking about the version of Prone Shooter that did literally nothing, not the new version.
>>
>>47596048
Pls more deliciously flavourful descriptions, like those elemental special materials.
>>
>>47595991
There are some options clearly intended for enemy encounters or NPCs because they're useless for PCs, and that's fine. Gotta replace those Skill Focuses with something.
>>
>>47596336
I would be more scared of an enemy with Skill Focus (Craft (underwater basket weaving)) than one with Parting Blast
>>
>>47594275
I don't get it.
>>
>>47596425
It's a Nissan Pathfinder
>>
>>47596579
Forrest is that you
>>
>>47596294
I'm fairly sure even without looking at them, they're holdovers from DrowAnon's Forgeworks.
>>
>>47596655
This is actually correct. Those are only lightly edited from his version. One of the items from the Steelforge I release, the Transference Vellum, also originated with him
>>
>>47596699
The hell does that do --
>Moves enchantments around on the cheap
Huh.

So; about those lawful/chaotic versions?
>>
Question. I'm playing in a home Reign of Winter campaign tomorow night, starting at level 1. I made an android conjuration wizard since they get a lot of really neat bonuses, but I'm wondering if there isn't a better option. Supposedly, anything first-party is allowed.
>>
>>47596749
Law and chaos are much less commonly concrete things in PF, and although DSP has precedent for dealing Axiomatic damage (courtesy of Lords of the Night), they have no analogous "upgraded" version like Sacred or Profane. If I can come up with something appropriate for them, I'll add them to the list.
>>
>>47596865
Take the alternate racial feature that heals you for 2 HP per hit dice the first time each day you go below 50% HP. That gets to be really, really nice as you level up.

>>47594879 (me)

So, anyone have any advice on this decision?
>>
>>47596749
Transference Vellum is missing some important notes about not working on temporary weapons.

A Mind Knight PsyWar can, at level 3 (the first level his Trance kicks in), use Call Weaponry to summon an infinite number of +1 X weapons and then transfer those enchantments onto permanent gear at just the cost of the Transference Vellum, since Call Weaponry explicitly calls real weaponry from across space and time.

At level 4, he can augment the power (thanks to +1 ML) and get +2 X weapons instead.
>>
My last Pathfinder game just got delayed for the rest of the summer, after two failed attempts to get a session going in May and now June.

Console me, /pfg/
>>
>>47597295
but it martial so it okei xD wiserd is real problem nerf wizen now buff pow damage
>>
>>47597321
My current Pathfinder game hasn't been played for two months. Even if people's schedules really do clear up and we play, I've lost all motivation to run it.
>>
>>47596942
What about Systematic and Erratic?
>>
>>47597295
Wow, yeah. Errata when?
>>
>>47597352
Sounds stupid desu
>>
File: aXbQ2X6_700b_v1.jpg (62 KB, 700x580) Image search: [Google]
aXbQ2X6_700b_v1.jpg
62 KB, 700x580
>>47594275
>>47596425
>>47596579
>>
>>47597343
That's my concern.

I'm just one of the players, the GM has been putting it off, but if we wait too long, he's probably not going to be as interested.

I WAS ONE DAMN SESSION FROM WRAPPING UP MY CHARACTER ARC
>>
>>47597324
>t. Paizuri
>>
>>47597324
Oh shush
>>
>>47597353
I mean, the downside of this is that you have to play a Mind Knight PsyWar. Call Weaponry is cool, but it falls off really quickly - its neat scaling tricks are feat locked, and half of 'em don't even work that well (looking at you, Mind Blade Knight - 'half my Psywar' level means the feat doesn't even do anything until level 10)

I'm still planning to play one in a game, but it's not the most efficient option for regular play. I could see it being a hilarious cohort for a crafter using this scheme to majorly discount early weapons, though.
>>
>>47597295
Not going to lie, that's a major one that I missed. I'll talk to the bosses to see about updating the PDF if possible. If not, then I'll make sure it gets changed for any compiled release which may occur in the future
>>
>>47597543
omg y u nerf marital u caster supermaces
>>
>>47597600
MEMES
EMESM
MESME
ESMEM
SMEME
>>
File: Swirling Panoply.png (2 MB, 1481x959) Image search: [Google]
Swirling Panoply.png
2 MB, 1481x959
>>47597543

Got a question on the Psychic Armory soulknife archetype: Is "Swirling Panoply" supposed to be a 1st level ability? In the playtest it's a blade skill you can take, but in the pdf release it's simply given.
>>
Sorcerer (blue dragon/orc x-blooded) 1/ Magus 4/ Arcane Trickster 1/ Evangelist (Cayden Cailean) X

Is this going to work out as well as I think it is for burst damage potential? What Magus archetypes should I take (if any)?
>>
>>47597654
Try that Havoc sorcerer thing from MTT, if you can find it.
>>
File: 05-518801.jpg (92 KB, 600x416) Image search: [Google]
05-518801.jpg
92 KB, 600x416
>About to start a Curse of the Crimson Throne game
>GM is an AP virgin.
>There is a teen in the group
>One of the player characters is a fighter.
>Express to the other players you are shocked someone is going to play an obsolete class.
>GM ask why is Fighter low tier
>"You know, linear fighter, quadratic wizard"
>GM: "I don't know what are you talking about"
>>
>>47597630
Ah, just got the official word. It's a Bladeskill, there were just layout issues that made it look otherwise. Disregard my earlier answer, I was wrong
>>
>>47597708
>quoting tvtropes
>expecting people to recognize it
S U B H U M A N
>>
>>47596014
>http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/parting-blast

Is there any action to this? Can you just take one burn whenever however much?

Is this a free burn generator?
>>
>>47597454
Or you just resell the weapons for infinite money..
>>
>>47597716
I didn't know that the source from that expression was tvtropes.
>>
>>47596048
Oh, I couldn't answer (work filters) a while back, but, I gotta say...

For something that's supposed to be AN ARTIFACT, the little orange disintegration orb is bloody WEAK (and kinda short ranged) in its small portable mode. 2d6 disintegration impulses? as an artifact?

That's basically an extra 2 dice of damage for the price of an artifact!!! OUCH!
>>
>>47597780
>extra 2 dice of damage
except not, because it's not on every attack you make!
>>
>>47597737
..Could you have more than one of these prepped at a time and LITERALLY go nova?
>>
>>47597780
It was intended more as a "transport mode", but I can upgrade it to be more of an "option" if people want. Wondering what people feel is appropriate for the 1/turn auto-pew
>>
>>47597856
From an artifact? Empowered disintegrate.
>>
File: hickok45 here come dat boi.jpg (21 KB, 463x267) Image search: [Google]
hickok45 here come dat boi.jpg
21 KB, 463x267
>tfw university is finished for the year
>the university's society games have wrapped up
>tfw will never play pathfinder again

unless I persuade my mates from home on d&d3.5 to move to pathfinder and I DM even though I've never DM'd before
>>
>>47597856
>>47597867
"Empowered disintegrate" is way too much.

A more reasonable level would be, like, 6d6 or 8d6, which is the same power level as a rocket or cannonball and takes no actions from your character despite attacking every turn.
>>
>>47597813
You......actually I think that would work.... Hey we finally found a use for it! Hrm at 20th level with 15 burn it would do around 150d6+510 damage, not bad.
>>
>>47597901
>21 average damage
>28 average damage
Literally trivial
>>
File: Swirling Panoply Ruling.png (45 KB, 1339x235) Image search: [Google]
Swirling Panoply Ruling.png
45 KB, 1339x235
>>47597711
And screencapped for future use thanks
>>
>>47597813
>>47597913
Let's see...

The exact wording for the first part is
>You can accept 1 point of burn to prepare a kinetic blast that automatically triggers upon your death.
which would imply that you could. However, the second part says
>If you are killed at any point before your burn is removed, Your body instantly erupts in an explosion that deals an amount of damage equal to that of your simple blast to all creatures in a 5-foot radius.
Which seems to state that, regardless of how much burn you put into it, you can only deal your simple blast in damage one time since it's a single trigger. Obviously that was the intention, but does the RAW reading support the better version?
>>
>>47597934
Good, you capped the right answer and not my oops that I had to delete.
>>
>>47597928
Maybe, but you or that other anon (if you're not the same dude) suggesting "Empowered Disentegrate" is way too much.

If the disintegration beam is dealing about 50 damage per strike, it could be useful... and also make certain character decisions irrelevant. Even artifacts don't make character decisions irrelevant.
>>
>>47597967
Nope. It just says that if you die before you remove the burn, you explode and deal damage equal to a simple blast. Not once per burn, not attack with 1 simple blast, just deal that much damage.
>>
>>47597934
Do you have a big collection of these things somewhere?
>>
>>47597979
dick of many things :^)
>>
>>47597990
Nope, sorry

>>47598004
Well played
>>
>>47597979
If it's around 25-30 DPR but of a total-annihilation damage type, undeterred by any resistances, immunities, reductions or hardness, uncaring whether you're a reflective tarrasque or a "LOL ALL ELEMENTS" demon, it's a handy enough extra boost. We can live with that, especially with the 'and now we make camp' mode.

Alternatively, keep it 2d6 but linked to whenever you hit something?
>>
>>47598039
Disintegrate actually gets reflected by the tarrasque's carapace, m'cuck
>>
>>47597967
The intent here is in no way to have a bigger death, but rather, if there's no action to accepting this burn, we've got an upgraded (hey it's a feat) 'wager' here, that ISN'T A WAGER, and thus lets you go really nuts on a cash-out concentrated mode, as opposed to the standard stake-raiser format.
>>
>>47598067
I'm saying, if the sphere was not.
Currently it's 'empowered disintegrate' does mean it would reflect, and reflect is bad.
>>
>>47598039
its stills bed
>>
>>47598080
Oh, you're attempting to apply it to the not-a-kineticist-just-a-psionic-caster, got it.
>>
hey guys, does the size penalty to AC apply to CMD? I'm pretty sure it doesn't, but the argument came up and I could use a rules citation
>>
>>47597867
Remember, if we keep it reasonable it's more likely to see use in a campaign.

Also, Forgelords can make minor artifacts, which is a consideration.
>>
>>47598135
i assure you my bed is still moving
>>
File: 1456470177067.jpg (49 KB, 432x537) Image search: [Google]
1456470177067.jpg
49 KB, 432x537
>>47598141
Kinky...whatcha doing anon?
>>
>>47598140
Reasonable yes, but that's why it does still have to be a bit better than a weak magical item.

If we consider its price to be 50k, for example, since forgelord, then we want to look at what we'd get for that value.

A 22d6 disintegrate (CL11 Level 6 spell) at-will would be 118 800gp, for use activated. An Infinite 'wand'.

The main mode is SIGNIFICANTLY more powerful than that, BUT, the shoulder alt-form is about equal to a level 1 "continuous" we could say, and slotless, so that would be 6*1*2000*1.5=18k after the "second function" 150% multiplier.
>>
>>47598140
Sorry, forgelords?

Is that another arcforge thing?

I've always wanted to make artifacts
>>
>>47598247
chasing it please help
>>
>>47598141
FUCKING TRANSMUTERS GET OUT
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
What are some of your favorite items? I like the Lyre of Building, just thinking of having it being some secret my character keeps around to only unleash the magic of in dire situations. Would need to get some means to hide its magical properties, but still.

Using that to topple an evil tower, disassembling some shit (as I use the components to make something useful to me), or just digging a tunnel to circumvent the terrible maze because time is of the essence seems like a great use of it. Just don't let it get found out and only whip out the big feature when the world needs it to happen.

The minor protective effect could be passed off as something else with the right characters.
>>
>>47598267
Forgelord is a Prestige Class from Steelforge. Five levels, on level 2-4 you advance the abilities of your base class as well. It basically just gives you additional ways to use magical equipment, and then at level 5 it gives you a free lesser artifact.

>>47598297
My favorite is the Traveler's Any-Tool. Such a useful little thing, and cheap enough for level 2 adventurers to own.

Among magic items, though, the Amazing Tools of Manufacture take the cake. Holy shit man.
>>
>>47598292
>>47598292
help it started chaing me
>>
>>47597971
>>47598140
More PsyArmory questions:
Am I correct in thinking that the damage type (B/S/P) is set per weapon type (light/one/two) although cosmetically I can make them look like any shape weapon? So I can have slashing light weapons, piercing one-handed weapons, and bludgeoning two-handed, but I can't make some light weapons slashing and others piercing, correct?

And this confuses me:
>"When using the psychic strike class
>feature, the psychic armory may charge a number
>of weapons from her panoply of blades of her choice."

Does this mean that regardless of which type of weapon I attack with I can trigger the psychic strike on that attack? Effectively the entire panoply is charged, although I'm still limited to one use per "charge".

Sorry for the questions, I just want to make sure I understand it.
>>
>>47598323
Yeah, top-notch "I want to at least be a bit of a crafter" class that doesn't fucking SINK your ability to do combat (which usually means you're making the rest of the party into absolute monsters)
>>
>>47598323
>Amazing Tools of Manufacture

Huh, if you have this it makes Master Craftsman builds better than crafters with actual caster levels, because the item doesn't work on spellcraft.
>>
File: 1447399567144.jpg (181 KB, 990x1280) Image search: [Google]
1447399567144.jpg
181 KB, 990x1280
>>47598286
sounds like you're having a bed time, anon
>>
>>47598361
Wrassel it, then mount it to show superiority
>>
>>47598297
Endeca's gravity slimes make me existentially happy in the blighted world of Golarion. I can't wait for 5E to release more warlock familiar options so I can reflavor the inevitable Great Old One ooze into a gravity slime and finally know peace from Buhlman's frantic rustling.
>>
I got the bed, fellow transmuters. There is no need for concern, everything is fine. Send sheets.
>>
File: MTT 10-11.png (707 KB, 1608x1044) Image search: [Google]
MTT 10-11.png
707 KB, 1608x1044
>>47597665
>>47597654
>>
You guys only play pathfinder because the supplements look nice and stat blocks are aesthetically pleasing
>>
>>47598815
And because there is room to really customize characters, rather than choose from about 5 different options for any given class/race in 5e
>>
So we have stats for ships in PF...how would you stat out a spaceship? Where do I go for inspiration?
>>
>>47598864
You mean lots of trap options
>>
>>47595991

Troth of the Forgotten Pharaoh is even worse than Parting Blast, not least because it permanently costs HP.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/troth-of-the-forgotten-pharaoh
>>
>>47598960
Better to have some trap options than no options at all.
>>
>>47599017
Holy shit, is this what you actually believe?
>>
File: 1464909566483.jpg (203 KB, 800x900) Image search: [Google]
1464909566483.jpg
203 KB, 800x900
Do we have an imgur link or download link for the magic tactics toolbox?
>>
>>47598945
The problem's the lack of stardrives, and, for conventional velocities, the utter RIDICULOUS slowness of travel in pathfinder rears its ugly head.

There are NO complete vehicle rules, and NO construction rules beyond "add more armor to your boat"
>>
>>47598945
Wait till Starfinder comes out next year
>>
>>47599060
>I have no counter to your argument, so I'm going to act like having an opinion other than mine is unbelievable.
>>
>>47599080
Having trap options only makes it unfun for players who aren't up to snuff on the mechanics, and make push them out of the game. Nobody wants to be the kung-fu master and then find out the core monk is... a core monk.

Trap options aren't fun, and the only reason they exist is so you can masturbate while saying "At least I wasn't stupid enough to pick that!"
>>
File: doom house.webm (3 MB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
doom house.webm
3 MB, 640x480
>>47599080
sorry, but there is in fact such a thing as a stupid opinion
>>
>>47599113
I don't want to stop the two of you from baiting and counterbaiting each other, but trap options exist because the writers are fucking retarded. No one can masturbate to the sadness that is the Swashbuckler.
>>
>>47599017
>>47599080
I think you've got that backwards. Just like no game is better than a bad game, no options are better than options that actively suck or hinder the character. If I'm playing something, I'd like to be useful no matter what choices I made over that character or concept's lifespan.
>>
>>47599080
Saying trap options are better than no options is like saying having broken legs is better than no legs.

No it's not, broken legs actively hurt. They hinder you, AND they're practically as useless as having no legs.

Sure you can fill out a pair of pants, but is that really worth the pain and the effort of hauling them around?
>>
>>47599113
This, unfortunately.
It's FUN when system mastery allows you all sorts of great combos.

It's NOT fun, especially for those not in the know, when system mastery is required to avoid dangerously horrible choices that will bring you well below what the game expects you to be able to do.

It's ESPECIALLY UNFUN when these trap options are things as basic as "the wrong race", "the wrong class", and "the wrong category of weapon"
>>
>>47599146
No, I agree, I don't believe in the Ivory Tower game design article. I think they actually thought those ideas are good. Just because the ideas were thought to be good by the designers still doesn't stop them from being traps, though, it just means they were well intentioned traps.
>>
File: 1464312964429.png (3 KB, 194x205) Image search: [Google]
1464312964429.png
3 KB, 194x205
>>47599285
I've had some good experiences with well-intentioned traps, though, anon.
>>
>d6 HD
>1/2 BAB
>bad Fort/Ref saves, used to avoid damage
>have to spend money if they need more spells

Are wizards the ultimate trap option, /pfg/?
>>
>>47599198
Broken legs can be healed though. You can't heal having no legs.
>>
File: Test_66e381_5256907.jpg (31 KB, 346x339) Image search: [Google]
Test_66e381_5256907.jpg
31 KB, 346x339
>>47599325
That is not what I meant! Though it's certainly not bad...
>>
>>47598409
The first is correct, and also the case for enchantments; all your lights are one setup, your 1Hs are anther, and your 2Hs are a third.

The second.. I never thought about it, because I traded Psychic Strike out, but it SOUNDS like it's saying they can store one psychic strike charge in each weapon?
>>
>>47597321
I just had a party member quit and one go unreachable while the remaining three don't really care for each other. I don't know if I should cancel it or not.
>>
>ITT my way is the only way to have fun
>>
>>47599335
No, as all of their traps require you to truly be incompetent beyond even - as has been tested - randomly rolling what spells you get from levelling up and never getting others from adventuring or money.

A wizard as a trap requires you to actively use system metaknowledge to "do it wrong" beyond regular incompetence. You have to tank yourself with bad choices, like pretending you didn't know a wizard was a melee expert if he has no spells to that effect.
>>
>>47599505
But if rusty shank daggerville is such a problem, how can wizards be good?
>>
Is new content ever added to the pfsrd? I can't find any log of things being added.
>>
>>47598420
Care to expand on this? Forgelord is planned for Steelforge II, so any feedback there will be rapidly taken into account (artifacts and legendary items also need some focused love)
>>
File: thumbnail_20151013_111115.jpg (201 KB, 960x1280) Image search: [Google]
thumbnail_20151013_111115.jpg
201 KB, 960x1280
>>47599346
The important part is spotting the clues that its a trap option
Pic related
>>
>>47599563
Yes, but there are like... 2 people and a few volunteers that are adding stuff, so it's rather slow.
>>
>>47599563
No, when the internet was first set up it existed exactly as it does now. Was a huge mystery for the military ARPANET guys.
>>
>>47599570
Do you have a playtest?

I've tried focused crafter-caster classes from 3pp, and I would love to take a look and let you know what I've discovered from experience.
>>
>>47599582
How much for 2 grams?
>>
>>47599608
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1SrB0WBi4eCsZ990MtH4NlLzFuQzTpYRNuNg2EaK6YnU/edit
>>
>>47599583
I figured. I just wish there was a log so I can see what the newest content is.
>>
>>47599612
huh?
>>
>>47599736
Fake nigga detected
>>
>>47599736
Shit this guy's an undercover guardsman.
>>
>>47599060
>>47599154
A more accurate sentiment is 'even after taking all the trap options out, PF /still/ has vastly more stuff than 5e'
>>
>>47599875
Only a narc calls a guy a narc
>>
>>47599570
Okay. Traditionally, the "crafter" is an extensive chunk of build.

Its value to a party is not to be underestimated, as it turns the rest of the party into easily 1.5x WBL and then some (some real caster crafters can do x3 or more). HOWEVER, the individual character itself can easily become a one-trick pony. Especially if it isn't a wizard.

The Forgelord is a middling BAB class with decent-if-not-amazing saving throws, that offers you crafting without utterly ruining your ability to be a fucking adventurer.

It's a pretty solid way of getting the amount of craftering that the game ACTUALLY expects of us, without shooting ourselves in the foot, but if it's all you take, it doesn't ruin the economy like going all-in in other ways would have.
>>
>>47599889
Good thing I didn't say narc.
>>
File: hot shot.gif (964 KB, 500x208) Image search: [Google]
hot shot.gif
964 KB, 500x208
>>47599914
Shit my cover's blown
>>
File: 2-3.png (801 KB, 1608x1044) Image search: [Google]
2-3.png
801 KB, 1608x1044
>>47599064
Anything in particular you want from it?
>>
>>47599570
Gives 3/5 actual class progression.
The biggest problem with many PRCs (and with nowaday's options the metaforge is one of the bad ones, sorry) is that they fuck your class progression. Your abilities get stunted, and often that's simply not something that can be afforded no matter what you get.

This is doubly true when "what you get" pretends you're low level and starts from the bottom.

Forgelord is short, gives you plenty, but still needs to be thought twice about because while it offers you plenty of nice things (actually the disposable item one feels really redundant with 'wondrous' and 'spell' right around it offering similar things) you'll drop your BAB a bit, saves a bit, class abilities by 2 in exchange for just some small attunement bonuses.
>>
>>47600011
Nope, no clue what's actually in it.
>>
>>47594879
You might want to check out Mesmerist for a dexy illusionist. It has loads of great mindfuck spells, sword cane proficiency, painful stare (you deal a bunch of extra damage once per round), and a lot of really useful tricks.
>>
>>47599887
This is a given though, considering pf came out around the time of 4e
>>
>>47599065
That's a fucking shame

>>47599075
Unfortunately can't wait that long
>>
>>47600119
This might have some ship rules for 3.x

http://www.spelljammer.org/
>>
>>47600119
It fucking is. I'm trying to hound the GM into letting us adopt those star-travel systems that certain critters have, so that at least we can get around.

Even my mech's mostly a flying artillery platform so we can get by on maps not being 120000ft across, and the capital ships can be happily immobile while they dispense... uh...
I may be planning on using martial potion injectors on the 'robot' controlling the main guns to put mid-4-digit holes through space.
>>
Which stat array is good for 20pt Shadow mystery Oracle?

I want to both melee and cast shadow spell...
>>
>>47600180
There's this, but I have no idea if it's good, can't find a clean pdf either: http://paizo.com/products/btpy9jeh?Astounding-Futures-Starships
>>
>>47600180
This is free however http://paizo.com/products/btpy98hd?Between-Chains-and-Starlight-Version-20
>>
>>47600265
huh. had never heard of it before...
>>
>>47600249
Max Charisma
Rest as desired
Done
>>
>>47600319
But then he won't have enough point for CON and STR.
>>
>>47600056
>Charisma casting
>No initiation
>Spontaneous

Class is garbage for what I want to do. The Charisma is wasted on her because she's taken the Mute curse through Oracle VMC, and thus won't be diplomancing any time soon, unless we meet a tribe of deaf folk. As for the rest, that's more Hypnotism and Hallucination focused, whereas what I'm trying to do is "Fucking Magical Holograms Everywhere" trickery.

I put those two options down because they both worked for what I wanted, and I wanted an opinion from /PFG/ between the two, because most of you know what the fuck you're doing. Basically - are Fifth Level Maneuvers and Stance of the Ether Gate with its eventual entry into Dimensional Dervish (coupled with Mirror of the Moon for maximum fuckery) worth sending my saves into the toilet?

Is it also possible to get Dimensional Dervish simply by possessing Maneuvers with the Teleportation Descriptor? The description for Veiled Moon seems to imply it is. If that is the case, when Dimensional Dervishing, will it leave behind Mirror of the Moon images?
>>
Are there any maneuvers that are worth it from iron tortoise, golden lion or scarlet throne when you have access to E.flux and eternal guardian? What about Silver crane?
>>
>>47600379
>spending points on the muscle jew
>not the Dex masterrace
>>
>>47600479
>Not finding a way to get your Int to Damage.

Life... uh... finds a way.
>>
File: When they're wrong.png (23 KB, 277x314) Image search: [Google]
When they're wrong.png
23 KB, 277x314
>>47600579
>Not exclusively targeting saves
>>
>>47600579
>using Int for damage and not SPELLS
cuck
>>
>>47600633
>Not being SAD with Wis.
It's like you want to fail Will saves
>>
>>47600681
>not changing what stats you use for saves
How pathetic non-Cha casters are.
>>
>>47600621
Saving throws scale better than AC, especially touch. As well no save or suck spells become very sparse after about 3rd level spells.

One can easily make a character that is in essentially no danger of failing saves due to the cheap availability of rerolls and bonuses to saves.

That being said high HP is a better defense against going down from damage than AC, that miss effects such as invisibility, blur, mirror image, etc.
>>
>>47600694
Only paladins can do it unless you allow that completely disgusting feat.
>>
>>47600681
Cleric > Prestige Paladin with Serenity > and intuitive attack or guided weapons?
>>
>>47600722
>completely disgusting
>low-Cha noncaster jealousy
Delicious.
>>
>>47600722
Which disgusting feat would that be?
>>
>>47600681
>not going linguistic sshenanigans with orator and esoteric linguistics for 5 skills for 1 rank, and powering your party face social abilities and UMD checks all on your casting stat, gaining a bunch of bonus languages to boot.
>>
>>47600633
>Not using them for BOTH, just in case you're caught in an anti-magic field.

Step it UP, senpai.

This is why Wizard 4/Dervish Defender 2/Bladecaster 9/Wizard 5 is the True font of Arcane Power. Coupled with Practiced Initiator and Magical Knack, and you have a 9th level Maneuver using, 9th level spell casting DEMIGOD. Dual wield FINESSE WEAPON and UNARMED STRIKE for maximum.
>>
>>47600810
>melee
Lmao are you actually trying to fight in MELEE, you cuck? Let me know when you can do Int to damage with ranged weapons.
>>
>>47600781
The one that let's you dodge fort saves.

Poisoned? I jump out of the way of the ability damage!

Though for the record, I think vigilantes get a wis/fort equivalent.
>>
>>47600830
I think this does exist.

I know for sure wis and cha do with gunslinger stuff.
>>
>>47600830
>Not Dimensional Dervishing
>Not getting INT to AC like a Boss
>Not getting Cut From the Air and Deflect Arrows to cuck Ranged Scrubs.

You are truly the niggest.
>>
>>47600781
It gives divine grace to oracles.

>http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/divine-protection

Oh it was errata'd
>>
>>47600442
Silver Crane: Absolutely, does loadsa damage vs evil, plus pretty good healing.
Scarlet Throne: Not as flashy as a supernatural discipline but has a lot of very nice stuff if your Sense Motive is high.

Iron Tortoise still has the best counters as well, Eternal Guardian doesn't actually have as many as you'd think.
Golden Lion... depends on what the rest of your party is doing, really. Its range restrictions kind of hurt it, but there's more worth in it if you're a Zealot and can ignore those.
>>
>>47600875
There's two ways to do it. Focused Shot and Kirin Strike.
>>
>>47600897
The errata is shit anyways.
>>
>>47600945
That one probably needed errata. Not to the extent that it got, but it was too powerful.
>>
>>47600442
Silver Crane is always worth it.
Scarlet Throne is good when you have decent Sense Motive for its x2/x3/x4 damage Maneuvers and Scarlet Eyes Perception.
Golden Lion is good for TEAMWORK stuff and buffing your buds.
Can't speak to Iron Tortoise, never played someone who used it.
>>
>>47600987
>Silver Crane is always worth it.
no
>>
>>47600962
my own fix for it is "get half charisma to saving throws". that way for most characters it's only +1 at best, and for charisma focused characters, it still scales up.
>>
>>47601046
Do you at least get rid of the divine caster pre-requisites?
>>
>>47600442
community minded trait + golden lion's area buff = amazing

Golden Lion is otherwise REALLY good for a party of melees, and COMPLETELY FUCKING USELESS if you and/or most of your party are not melee. Golden Lion is melee melee melee melee melee melee melee melee melee.

Silver Crane is great all-around so long as you aren't, like, evil hunting good. Solid damage boosts, fun strikes (and there's some true utility to be found in the exorcism type shots that while not often needed can't really be found elsewhere), Silver Spiral (for certain builds it is THE. AoE maneuver) and motherfucking HEALS. Good utility ranging from detect evil to protection to flight and very high (though vulnerable) DRs, even spell-absorbs at the highest.
>>
>>47601060
kek no
>>
>>47601089
Oh, hey, when they errata'd it they changed the pre-reqs too. Neat, at least those aren't shit anymore.
>>
>>47601041
Cuck.
>>
>>47601060
Why would I? Also, what divine caster prereqs?

It requires Knowledge (religion) not being able to cast divine spells.
>>
File: you.gif (480 KB, 493x342) Image search: [Google]
you.gif
480 KB, 493x342
>>47601112
>Cuck
>>
Are there any classes in Pathfinder that will make me feel like a Jojo character?
Preferably something less over than Summoner or Monk.
>>
>>47601146
wizard
>>
>>47600911
>>47600987
>>47601079
Which I.T. counters? I see a lot that could be replicated by E. Flux and E. Guardian that do a similar "make a skill check and negate attack"

Are the Zenith strikes worth taking as a warder? Would it have the high sense motive to reliably pull those off? I worry that other straight damage maneuvers might be more reliable. Though, perseverance and perception seem great.

Not sure on the full party comp as of yet, so I'm probably going to trade out G. Lion for Crane. Seems to have a bit better utility.
>>
>>47601113
Original prereqs were:

>Cha 13, Knowledge (religion) 5 ranks, ability to cast 2nd-level divine spells; blessings, domains, or mystery class feature.
>>
>>47601165
I'm rolling with the current prereqs, so yeah, no divine casting required.
>>
>>47600945
As far as I know that was the only game balance errata Paizo have ever published that improved Pathfinder.
>>
>>47601146
Vigilante has an archetype that fits decent I think, if memory serves.

Also, there's a familiar archetype that makes it come from your head and be slightly customizable. Like a pseudo eidolon.

Familiar fighter + one of the two unarmed specialists + improved familiar would give you a humanoid, summonable at will, with weird powers, while you yourself are a punchyman.
>>
>>47601215
There have been others. They are few and far between however.
>>
Starship brahs, have a look at Iron Gods
>>
File: SelfPortraitWithDeath-full.jpg (179 KB, 600x743) Image search: [Google]
SelfPortraitWithDeath-full.jpg
179 KB, 600x743
What's a good site or way to plan out a character? I've normally just done it on paper but there HAS to be a better way!
>>
Hello Everyone! The first play test of The Scholar class is available. Please feel free to view it here:
>https://docs.google.com/document/d/1WKwyK10BvzqVb9M3lIJ0ZyraUNSuEr8y0QK6ML6d-6Y/edit?usp=sharing

Any feedback is appreciated!
>>
>>47601381
Chummer5
>>
File: Frozen Asshole.jpg (160 KB, 1270x708) Image search: [Google]
Frozen Asshole.jpg
160 KB, 1270x708
Anyone know of any good Adventure paths/ modules / pre-made campaigns based around an arctic setting?

I found The Northlands Saga but holy shit does that go into excruciating detail of it's setting, as well as being way too far into the Norse mythology.
>>
>>47601391
Description of The Scholar:
The scholar is an intelligence based initiator, a traveling researcher searching for their magnum opus. Their abilities allow them to disect and study enemies, giving their allies buffs against similar creatures. As well they create a mobile facilities for research, giving them bonuses to crafting, profession, and knowledge along with expansions to their facility. These range to everything from a morgue to a teleportation apparatus.
>>
>>47601391
First, don't put a > infront of your links
Second, what the fuck is the scholar and why should we care?
Hype that shit you dumb nerd
>>
>>47601455
Reign of Winter?
>>
>>47601391
Oh dear god, its a knockoff budget Factotum with PoW levels.

That said. some good. some bad. decent and flavorful but not fully fleshed out yet.
>>
>>47601455
Reign of Winter is good if you want a bit of russian folklore and witch stuff in your campaign.
>>
>>47601473
I've talked about it in here before, suppose it was forgotten. I am not the best promoter. For a mechanical description this is the best I have:

The scholar has two main class features, his Harvest Research Material (his recovery mechanic where he may gather material and then expend it for effects) and Research Facility (a mobile fortress where the scholar may perform a variety of tasks). These for in combat and out of combat abilities. At different levels he may choose from a list to improve both of these, Harvest Research Material improving with Anatomical Study and Research Facility improving with Facility Expansions.

Facility expansions vary wildly, but give the Scholar out of combat utility in the form of limited spell like abilities, magic item creation, followers, and other creature comforts. Anatomical analogues include debuffs and status effects the Scholar may spend material on, along with escape features.

As I said I'm bad at promoting.
>>
>>47601500
>Factotum

Well I never realized this class existed.
>>
>>47601455
Reign of Winter

You also get to travel to !NotEarth, I'd advise to stay there and cause havoc for the Soviets and usher in your own Red Revolution
>>
>>47601475
>>47601541
Isn't that the one where you literally kill Rasputin?
>>
>>47601587
>!NotEarth
It's literally Earth. No !Not about it.
>>
>>47601592
Yeah, and it's actually a ton of fun. Great for gun using characters too, since you can pick up a ton of swanky mostly modern firearms while on earth.
>>
>>47600830
It's called Kirin Strike, you twat.

The stamina trick lets you add your Int without spending a swift. And it's 'as long as you have at least 1 stamina', not a cost.
>>
>>47601587
You literally travel to Earth and kill him
It's not even a """"Rasputin"""", you literally kill THE Rasputin, from our history.
>>
>>47601612
Oh, I'm sorry, where are our undead tanks and Rasputins?
>>
>>47601612
Das ist the joke :^)
>>
>>47601587
No it's actually earth.
>>
>>47594275
What sorta Macro's does /pfg/ use for roll20? I'm just about to set some up for my next game and I was wondering if there were any tips or tricks.
>>
File: Pred.jpg (338 KB, 854x1000) Image search: [Google]
Pred.jpg
338 KB, 854x1000
What are your favorite creatures to hunt and fight? Just need a good reference.
>>
>>47601642
Were you there to SEE the undead tanks and Oracular Rasputins?
>>
Is there anything that lets me get style feat chains like the old MoMS monk 2-level dip used to?
>>
>>47601679
Having a DM that lets you use old MoMS.
>>
>>47601660
Who wasn't?
>>
Is there a class that gives me a SINGULAR beefy undead companion in the same way that a druid gets an animal? I really liked the old Death Master class.
>>
>>47601728
Yes, the Undead Lord cleric.
>>
File: 1465012041199.jpg (250 KB, 940x582) Image search: [Google]
1465012041199.jpg
250 KB, 940x582
Oh hi guys, I see you're talking about space travel and the things beyond the stars
>>
>>47601756
Thanks
>>
>>47601697
That's a maybe. As much as I would like it, I'm not sure about convincing him to let me.
>>
>>47601728
A Spherecaster with Conjuration can make their own companion, and I'm fairly sure undead is a thing you can make it.
>>
>>47601541

>Russian folklore

IT'S LITERALLY JUST BABA YAGA, THE MOST ANNOYINGLY OVERUSED FOLK CHARACTER IN RUSSIAN STORIES.
>>
>>47601777
That is very clearly not beyond any star
>>
>>47601814
No, it came back and those astronauts have been sent to retrieve sent
Those poor, poor fools
>>
>>47601807
You don't like nosferatu?
>>
>>47601728
White Necromancer has an archetype for that.
>>
>>47601391
I would definitely avoid having 5 entirely new disciplines for just this single class; it adds unnecessary complication to the mix.
>>
Does anyone think it's kinda silly clerics are the best Necros?
>>
>>47601976
No, not really. They play with the flow of positive and negative energies the most.
>>
File: 1465012657645.jpg (51 KB, 1037x213) Image search: [Google]
1465012657645.jpg
51 KB, 1037x213
Holy fucking shit, I can just see the fedora tipping
>>
>>47601976
You just need to ask yourself, 'cleric of what?'

A cleric of the god of death or undeath should absolutely be among the best necros.

Their dominion is literally manipulating that force.
>>
>>47601976
Why?
>>
>>47602007
That was literally a year ago, anon.

Where's the surprise?

Both 5 and 4 were meant to appeal to new audiences, whereas Pathfinder is a lot like PM, meant to appeal to players who have been going for a while.

I'm not going to call it 'better' as a result, but that was the ideology.
>>
>>47599537
Because wizards start getting Save or Lose spells at 1st level. Wizards being weak at low levels is a myth.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 38

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.