[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Pathfinder General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 61
File: fH2Ctyo.jpg (159 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
fH2Ctyo.jpg
159 KB, 1920x1080
Pathfinder General /pfg/

Weapons of Mass Destruction Edition.

Whats the most destructive attack or spell you could pull off, /pfg/?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/hdPm41ad

Ultimate Equipment Errata (updated 5/19): http://paizo.com/products/btpy8tmc?Pathfinder-Roleplaying-Game-Ultimate-Equipment

Please search for the unerrata'd content here: http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

Old Thread: >>47554201
>>
File: undertakeranimate.png (330 KB, 547x720) Image search: [Google]
undertakeranimate.png
330 KB, 547x720
Reposting from previous tread.
I want to run victorianesque campaing.
Maybe something like Unhallowed Metropolis (common early firearms, there is polution, social inequality and some vampire shit in cities, and there is a lot of zombie/other undead problem in countryside). Is there any good sources, books or suggestions for something like this?
I gladly would GM actual Metropolis, but some of my players don't want to change system.
>>
Does anyone know any gun-related 3pp content? Primarily stuff like upgrades/enchants/other guns/feats, stuff like that. Path of War stuff is already known.

Anything about mundane crafting for 3pp stuff?
>>
>>47569020
You could check out the Iron Kingdoms. It has a lot of gun support, it is designed around 3.5 rather then pathfinder but a conversion should not be too difficult to do.
>>
File: 1453880535456.jpg (124 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1453880535456.jpg
124 KB, 600x600
>>47568784
GM allowed called shot meta-magic; with the level adjustment being 1/2 the called shot penalty, rounded up.

Vitals are at +3. So I made a Called shot(Groin) infinite use of Magic Missile wand that basically had sickened attached to it due to groin-seeking magic.
>>
>>47569521
So worst case they're sickened and best case they lose 1d6 of con or is it just straight sickened?
>>
>>47569567
I'd assume strait-up sickened; typically the major effects happen on critical hits, and because Magic Missile lacks any attack rolls, it can never crit.
>>
File: 3.PF Caster Edition.png (132 KB, 580x400) Image search: [Google]
3.PF Caster Edition.png
132 KB, 580x400
>>47568784
I dunno about "destructive" per say, but once you get a high enough level to cast anything with the "Dazing Spell" metamagic feat, you can pretty much break the combat system with multi-target spells. Fireball becomes a spell capable of hitting everything within 20 feet of it's detonation for decent damage and then leaves them unable to act for 3 whole turns of they fail the save. You can be a blaster-caster and provide support at the same time.

For ultimate cheese take the "Magical Lineage" trait or put "Dazing Spell" on a rod so it doesn't consume higher level spell slots. In fact, rod crafting in general is one of the few crafting skills/feats I'll almost always recommend on a caster.
>>
>>47569521
The wand of infinite sack taps?
>>
>>47568784
Earthquake+Storm of Vengeance is a personal favorite for when you want to just tell a whole town to go fuck itself.
>>
Rerolling to a wizard to fill out control/utility in a mostly-martial party, decided to pick up item crafting to avoid the DM's insistence of shady, greedy merchants and dubious magic items. Is there a way around just using literally all feats on crafting? I'd like to pick up some of the things like Inscribe Magical Tattoo, craft construct etc. but for a 7th level character my feats are pretty tied up with the typical craft wondrous/arms and armor/forge ring/craft wand.
I guess I could start out with the level 1 feats retrained to some of the higher requirement feats? But other options would be nice.
>>
>>47569749
There is no RAW way other than Leadership, which, I assume, is banned.
>>
>>47569749
well there is, but it's a mythic option.

Otherwise, you're hosed.
>>
>>47569749
Psychic Reformation all day.
>>
>>47569749
Paragon Surge. Just refresh it every X minutes to keep up the effect.
A bit heavy on spell slots, but hey, a free feat is a free feat.
>>
>>47569756
It's not, but it eats a feat slot anyway to give another, slightly worse, craftbot that is liable to experience sudden bouts of stupidity and wander off to get ganked or otherwise abused.
>>47569766
Mythic though is definitely out of the question.
>>47569805
Definitely would be either banned or no way to get someone to cast it on me.
>>47569815
During what points are you actually required to have the crafting feat? Is it only when you have to make the spellcraft check, or at all points during? Definitely worth considering swapping to half elf from human depending on how that interaction happens.
>>
>>47569749
You don't NEED all the crafting skills to be honest. Just pick the ones that fit your circumstances. I rarely ever take more than two or three as a caster.

S Tier:
-Craft Rod (Lets you use Metamagic Feats for cash instead of spell-slots basically)

A Tier:
-Craft Arms/Craft Armor (Good if you team needs stuff)
-Scribe Magical Tatoo (Highly subjective to the DM's interpretation and your party's needs)

B Tier:
-Craft Wondorous Item (Kinda ruins the fun of getting this stuff as loot, and the additional requirements for wondorous items are usually high, better off just buying the ones you need)
-Craft Wand: Healing wands are always nice, along with a few other utility ones.

C Tier:
-Brew Potion (A-Tier with Swift Drinker, otherwise inferior to wands)
-Craft Staff (Nice to have, but any half-decent GM will give the casters a way to get good staves)
-Craft Ring (Similar to Wondorous Item, but even less versatile)

D Tier:
Scribe Scroll (Wizards get this for free, but everyone else should just be making wands/tatoos/anything else)
>>
>>47569848
>It's not, but it eats a feat slot anyway to give another, slightly worse, craftbot that is liable to experience sudden bouts of stupidity and wander off to get ganked or otherwise abused.
You spend one feat to, over time, get all the crafting feats. The RoI is through the roof.
>>
Do skalds really have fewer perform options than bard?

What's the point?
>>
>>47569848
>During what points are you actually required to have the crafting feat? Is it only when you have to make the spellcraft check, or at all points during?
Depends on your DM, really.
>>
>>47569857
Potions are worthless when it comes to higher level.

Scribe scroll is *really* useful for one-off spells that you don't want to prepare, but you want to have on hand; like Dimensional Anchor.
>>
>>47569857
I usually prefer CWI over SMT and CMAaA.
>>
>>47569861
They're more destructive than a bard.
>>
>>47569861
SPELL
KENNING
>>
>>47569892
If I recall correctly, there's a feat that allows potions to be drunk as a swift action. Being able to give myself various buffs like Haste, Bulls Strength, Ablative Barrier, ect every turn as my swift sounds extremely useful on certain classes that don't need their swifts for anything else.

Then again it also sounds like something that would have gotten errat'd into uselessness long ago and I'm probably unaware of it.
>>
>>47569567
No attack roll just means sicked for 1d4 or 1 round, depending on if they make their fort save
>>47569708
I called it AIDS
Automatic
Inhibiting
Defense
Spell
>>
File: MUH FUN.png (237 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
MUH FUN.png
237 KB, 640x480
>>47569749
>TFW when my GM decided item-crafting feats were stupid and just said if you had the appropriate skills (Spellcraft, Smithing, Alchemy, ect.) you could just make any magic that made sense for the character.

If you're reading this, you're the best.
>>
>>47570022
*make any item
>>
>>47569857
Yeah, I don't really want them all, it just seems hard given the circumstances to fit the neater, less-mandatory ones in.
I can only really swap out rings, but some of the stuff like sustenance etc would be incredibly helpful, and there is approximately a 0% chance we'd actually be able to find any to buy.
In the setting, most magic stuff is prohibitively expensive, so i'm taking it on myself to pick up the slack as well as making some money on the side.
>>47569888
Fair enough, I'll ask him when he's around next.
>>47570022
I envy you your GM, we've had to fight tooth and nail to get anything magical and our request for innate bonus progression was denied.
>>
File: 1432108258151.jpg (547 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
1432108258151.jpg
547 KB, 1200x1200
>>47569521
>Be me
>Be evil overlord
>Party of adventures finally reaches my domain after many trials and tribulations.
>Final battle commences.
>Arrows bounce off my blackened armor
>Sword clashes with that of the fighters
>Minions flood the room and force the monk and rogue to take them out.
>But every six seconds, the wizard flicks his wand and causes my nuts to take 1d4+1 points of force damage.
Fucking wizards
>>
>>47570098
Yeah, it's pretty frustrating. Most of what we fight hasn't had anything we could even sell, and any jobs/bounties we get tend to be incredibly underpaid. We recently got a bunch of money, but ended up having to spend most of it to buy some resurrections for some NPCs. This is in addition to a direct 30%+ price hike on any magical item, -if- we can find someone willing to sell it. It's not even a low magic setting, I honestly just have no idea why he's making it so hard to get basic shit like +1 weapons.
>>
>>47570154
+1 swords shouldn't even be magical IMO. They should just be a really finely crafted sword made with top-quality materials. (I guess this is what Masterwork is supposed to represent, but whatever.)
>>
>>47569521
What happened if the target didn't have a groin? Would the spell fail or would it randomly seek out another ball sack?
>>
PoW archetype for wizards when?
>>
File: Halls of Madness.jpg (364 KB, 775x502) Image search: [Google]
Halls of Madness.jpg
364 KB, 775x502
>>47570407
>>
File: lolwut.jpg (68 KB, 500x576) Image search: [Google]
lolwut.jpg
68 KB, 500x576
>>47570060
>>
>>47570407
My dream is a manifesting/initiating Magus rework who combines Psionics and PoW, channeling blasts like energy ray through strikes.
>>
>>47570638
>Magus
>PoW
>Psionics

You don't fucking ask for much, do you? What you ACTUALLY want is Spellstrike, isn't it?
>>
>>47570669
Essentially, I want Bladecaster's Arcane Assault for Psionics instead of Arcane magic.
Awakened Blade is more about self-buffing than novaing, a very different feel.
>>
>>47570683
>>47570669
And preferably single-classed rather than a PrC.
>tfw it'll literally never happen
>>
>>47570709
>>47570683
Could VMC as a Magus. It takes until level 11 to get Spellstrike, but... you could.
>>
>>47570787
It doesn't work on strikes, unlike Arcane Assault, tho.
I guess I could homebrew a Psionic version of Bladecaster, though.
>>
>>47570638
I just want an initiator with the ability to cast lv9 spells outside of combat, is that too much to ask?

Probably, yes.
>>
>>47570869
Gestalt.
>>
>>47570895
>DMs who allow gestalt characters exist.

I wish I lived in your fantasy world.
>>
>>47570914
I mean, I'm about to be playing in a western-themed gestalt game with Guns Everywhere and initiators soon, so yeah, shit's pretty good.
>>
>>47570683
>>47570638
Gambler Kineticist with a conductive bow and Awakened Blade is your answer.
>>
>>47570959
I don't believe it allows striking AND nuking at the same time.
>>
>>47570970
Yeah, it does.

>Use Raise the Stakes
>Strike using conductive weapon
>Hit
>Kinetic Blast using conductive
>Raise the Stakes goes off on your next Kinetic Blast, delivering power
>>
>>47570983
Actually, that's brilliant.
Thanks, anon.
>>
So which Craft check do you use to invent breakfast cereal?
>>
>>47571076
I'm pretty sure Craft (Cooking) is a thing. Or Profession (Chef), one of those two.
>>
Can I "Stand Still" foe, to not let him get up from prone position?
>>
>>47571142
Nope. Stand Still is specifically AoOs triggered by moving through threatened spaces. Standing up is a different trigger.
>>
>>47571154
Fuck. Then it's totally useless, thanks.
>>
>>47571179
Not really. It can be useful if you're trying to lock people down.

What are you up to, Anon?
>>
File: cookiemonster.png (227 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
cookiemonster.png
227 KB, 1920x1200
How to build a half-giant zen archer? Some guy answered my question but I'm a beginner so I need a more in depth how to guide.
>>
>>47571225
It could be useful, if it were within reach, not only adjacent. I miss those times.
I can lock them with trip within my reach.
I know that some monsters have more CMD against trip, but I also can buff my trip CMB easily.
>>
File: protective goggles.png (312 KB, 704x629) Image search: [Google]
protective goggles.png
312 KB, 704x629
this post is about a very non-standard pathfinder game, so approach it with an open mind

looking for a small bit of help, not looking to deviate too much from what i've written here though.
i have a theoretical short term campaign to unleash on my group, probably around 4-6 sessions, once or twice week, based around some absurdly absurd rules, meant to be an absurd experience, meant more to shake things up in a way that we'll either have fun or laugh about how we should never do this again, i've explained the idea to each of them and they seem interested

>party starts at level 1 with 1 level in all core classes
>when party reaches level 2 they are level 2 in all core classes
>when party reaches level 3 they are level 3 in all core classes and so on
>class features like rage or cleric spells are locked behind their alignment requirements as usual
>during character creation, stats are rolled straight and placed where they lay with 3d6, so stats are your main limitation, players can then from this point pick the race of the player next to them
havent decided yet if health and starter gold should simply be the highest available, or all of them rolled together.
but without deciding that, I won't be able to attempt to design any encounters, but i'm expecting some very off the rails gameplay from this so i'll be focusing more on some generic storylines that intertwine with eachother for them to deal with in ways they wouldn't usually.
aside from the health/gold I'm also trying to think of a name for this type of game, maybe something like "unclassy"

any major concerns? I have a pretty good idea of what i'm getting myself into but I'm probably overlooking something obvious somewhere
>>
>>47571372
I'd say use Gestalt rules for determining stuff like gold, saves, features, etc.

Also, you'd better be planning to do the same to enemies.

"You enter the room, and see four half-construct undead goblin-shaped oozes!"
>>
>>47571372
>he's literally doing 11-way gestalt

The bookkeeping alone would be a fucking NIGHTMARE, dude. Consider toning it down just a bit; have each player randomly draw a fullcaster (Cleric, Druid, Sorcerer, Wizard), a partcaster (Bard, Paladin, Ranger), and a noncaster (Barbarian, Fighter, Monk, Rogue).
>>
>>47571372
I personally would stand up and walk away from the table, but that's because I have never rolled well for stats (nothing above an 11 on 4d6b3 reroll ones)

The class mixture means that there won't be much difference between characters, mechanically, except that whoever rolls better stats will simply be BETTER than everyone else.

Maintaining alignment locks is honestly kind of stupid. All it does is blacklist lawful people from raging and makes LG or LN probably the best alignment because you get free Monk and Paladin/Druid (depending on if you have a high Wis or high Cha) abilities. Also, cleric spells have no alignment requirement outside of a few specific ones that interact with alignment.

Honestly, your game, your rules, sounds like your players are on board, but I can't really see this going anywhere other than "we should never do this again"
>>
>>47571372
Depending on the experience of the players in question, i'd expect a fair bit of bogging down with trying to juggle class features and spells.
There's also probably going to be that guy who takes 20 minutes to hunt for exactly the optimal move for every scenario.
>>
>>47568784

hey /pfg/!

What's the most rip and tear build you can think of?

hard mode: No Barbarian levels
>>
>>47571291
Not enough to make it relevant past low levels you can't. Monster CMD scales faster than your CMB ever will, and that's ignoring flying, untrippable, multilegged, and other methods of outright immunity or practical immunity from it.
>>
>>47571479
Skinwalker natural attack alchemist, generic shapeshift druid, primal fury/thrashing dragon warlord. I'm sure there's plenty of builds that would fit that.
>>
>>47571479
Abyssal Bloodrager.
>>
>>47571372
Absurd != Fun

Dumb shit for the sake of dumb shit isn't worth doing.

Multi-gestalt on that level is basically nothing more than just an excessive amount of bookkeeping at best, and a recipe for weird and broken abominations that could be done for the sake of it a lot easier by other means.

Rolling for stats is basically the worst thing you can do. Rolling for stats as 3d6 straight down the line is some serious "Shit nigger what the fuck is wrong with you" tier stuff, because seriously, why? If you're going for an "Absurd" game, why not just give them either an excessively high pointbuy, or a high spread of stats?

>People decide the other players races
Literally does nothing but piss people off or lead to absolutely rampant minmaxing in an effort to buy people off to not get fucked over, no point to it.

I honestly don't know why you're attempting this, or why anyone would attempt to play in this. Like, people are a fan of high powered shit, but this just sounds like the sort of game that's 100% guranteed to be a clusterfuck, and not in a good way. One of the games that gets put in That GM and Horror Story threads.
>>
>>47571479
Well... Shifters can get pretty decent Rip And Tear.

But if you're asking what's the best DOOM you can make... That's a tricky one.

Although I'll have to keep that lad in mind.

Weapon Refinement: Bottomless Magazine

Powersuit Upgrade: Folded Space Storage Device

Pharmaceutical: Berserker Pack
>>
>>47571479
>>47571511
Don't forget Synthesis Summoner who specializes in BIG, MEATY CLAWS.
>>
>>47571479
Beastmorph Alchemist, maybe Tengu for natural claw attacks. Get the Rend special ability, the Boar Style chain, Two-Weapon Rend, Rending Claws, and Greater Rending Fury.

Rip and tear 5 times if you hit with both claws.
>>
>>47571502
Stand still also have most of this restrictions, that makes it even more shittier.
>>
>>47571479
>>47571599
I forgot to mention, the reason you'd want to grab Tengu is because they're explicitly able to use their claws (which are on their feet) and their hands to make attacks at the same time.
>>
>>47571602
>Monster CMD scales faster than your CMB ever will
I forgot to greentext this line
>>
>>47568969
No one can help me?
>>
>>47571669
>common early firearms
"Guns Everywhere" rules from Ultimate Combat exist for that.

>there is polution
Not sure how you want to make that mechanically relevant, but the Tech Guide might have some ideas for you to crib from the rules for radiation and weird alien fluids.

>social inequality
That is entirely a roleplay concern.

>some vampire shit in cities
Dhampir race.

>a lot of zombie/other undead problem in countryside
Literally any bestiary ever, they're all stuffed to the rafters with undead.

In other words, you needed to google for ten seconds.
>>
>>47568969
Oh, the sourcebook you need, it's 3.5 D&D but can be easily adapted, is ETHERSCOPE.

It's a high-victorian cyberpunk (with almost no punk, and respectably little steam, actually most vehicles run on diesel)

Hell, here's a review. great game Get your hands on it if you can.

http://www.goodman-games.com/etherscope.html
>>
>>47571412
>the half construct undead goblin-shaped oozes thank you for putting them out of their misery
the gold seems to be as i stated, health would be 12+conmod, seems ok sure.
>>47571468
>I personally would stand up and walk away from the table
entirely understandable and that's why I've explained the concept to each player individually with no peer pressure involved, I honestly wasn't expecting it to get this much approval by them

also: A cleric's alignment must be within one step of her deity's, along either the law/chaos axis or the good/evil axis.

>>47571473
they're all fairly experienced, but also tend to pick the same classes over and over, consensus between them seems to be a good opportunity to fuck up everything horribly by going way out of their comfort zone fighting some basic goblins.
I think a lot of the bogging down will be handled by the players rolled stats unless some absolute chosen one shit happens and one of them gets 18's across the board, since during the trial rolls people seemed to have a pretty good range of stat variation, so they'd each likely end up in some sort of 'role'.

>>47571461
a lot of the spells and what not are duplicated by other classes which should cut down on some of it, limiting the classes back wouldn't actually save all that much really, but I'm not expecting people to keep up on the book keeping of everything, and more to calculate things out as we go with happy surprises and terrible misfortunes along the way
sorta banking on it drawing itself a bit back in practice, while keeping ability in theory (also we tend to play with things like crit-fails so attempting things you're bad at can be pretty dangerous, but they tend to also roll crazy well in the dumbest situations which makes it great)

>>47571563
you seem pretty upset about this my man
perhaps you should consider chilling and not trying to decide what other people think is fun
I never asked you to sit at my table so don't bother trying to shit at it.
>>
>>47571724
I know all of this (exept Texh Guide, thanks), I just wanted to know, if is there some materials about victorian-like settings.
>>47571797
That can be very useful, thanks.
>>
>>47571882
Hey man, you're welcome to try and find players for your shitfest of a game, but the rules for it are excessively pointless and don't seem conductive to anything enjoyable, your idea is based around lolrandumb shit which most people dislike, and you're using an extremely outdated system for genning stats that pretty much everyone abandoned over a decade ago because it was awful.
>>
File: 65sck.gif (499 KB, 267x200) Image search: [Google]
65sck.gif
499 KB, 267x200
>>47571511
>>47571553
>>47571573
>>47571589
>>47571599

Thank you folks, May your enemies always have Huge Guts.
>>
File: sensible chuckle.gif (993 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
sensible chuckle.gif
993 KB, 250x250
>>47571912
nigger are you serious?
can you even read
I'm not looking for anyone, I have a full group full of people who enjoy the random elements of tabletop.
>>
>>47571882
I can see this working under one scenario: you draw up a quickref of ALL the abilities they have access to at whatever level you start at.
>>
>>47571965
Sure you do friend. I'm sure they're very happy and enthusiastic for your shithouse game, and they aren't just going with it because they don't want to GM.
>>
>>47571992
I mean, if that's the case, then they deserve to suffer, so it's a win/win.
>>
>>47571797
>>47571883

Addendum: Etherscope is a setting where, in 1895, a scientist discovered Etherspace, a parallel current of reality in which the willpower of the user is made manifest. Etherspace is many things. Like the Warp, you can use it to travel from point A to point B in a matter of moments. UNLIKE the warp, there's not all kinds of mindfuckery demons living in it that want to eat our souls. In fact, it's mostly empty, but with some bad patches and turbulent areas.
You can also tap it for power, communicate through it internet-style, and even harness it's power innately (as a spirit medium or other psychic-type). Hell, with the right narcotics you can even just enter the Ether from any location.
The era of Etherscope is 1984, but the sensibilities are 1895. Don't expect gears slapped on everything and everyone wearing goggles. DO expect people to adhere very strongly to the seven victorian virtues, and having victorian morality vices. The game's mechanic revolving around these virtues & vices actually replaces the alignment system.
Pollution is ubiquitous. Coal and Oil are still burned for fuel, and the etherscopes themselves put out foul phlogiston when open.
You want to talk about social inequity? Proto-nazis took over most of europe following The Great War and instead of mass genocide, they went into eugenics, with ether assistance, they started genetically modifying undesirables "so they could be of greater use to society". Now, seventy years later, you have fourth generation gamma humans, Delta humans, and Epsilon humans. humans whose ancestors were experimented on in order to create lower castes, by splicing in genes from rats, horses, and dogs. These people are *not* furries, they look HUMAN, except for a bit of a pointed face on the rat-men, sharper teeth on the dog-men, and long, flat faces on the horse-men. You also have second generation "Alpha Humans", people who were made by the eugenics league to be the leaders of the world.
>>
>>47571989
ah, they start at level 1, so it should be fairly simple to do but that is a very good suggestion, I'll try to do that and organize it with the alignment locks in mind
and it might also help give a better idea to which alignments are technically stronger.
>>
>>47572058
Gonna say Lawful Good, probably, because it gives you Monk and Paladin, and loses only Barbarian. Rage is good, but it's not "+Cha to saves, +Wis to AC, flurry of blows" good.
>>
>>47572083
yeah, but then they'll also be expected to act lawful good.

my group is a band of murder hobos who's motto is "NO WITNESSES NO SURVIVORS"
should make for a good show when they fall the first session
>>
>>47572083
LG also loses Druid. Depending on the stats, LN for druid/monk or any other neutral for druid/barbarian might be stronger, though I'll admit that Paladin is probably the worst class to lose if you have high charisma. CG, LE and CE definitely get shafted, though.
>>
Anon-san! Anon-san! What are some cool in-combat Silent Image trick?

My favorite is to create Fog/Mist that my ally can see through.
>>
>>47571882
>cleric alignment based on god

Well, since neither alignment nor deity is being randomly determined, that doesn't really mean anything. Unless someone intentionally chooses a god that doesn't work for their alignment
>>
>>47572154
Cover the pit you dug earlier with the illusion of land. Or, if you're pressed for time, make an illusion of a poorly-hidden pit
>>
>>47572154
Wall as total cover. Can make fake threat for flanking, if DM allows. Illusion of pit, to make enemies go around some places.
>>
>>47571291
how? wouldn't they just stand up and 5-foot to you then?
>>
>>47572199
> Can make fake threat for flanking

Only if you're a gnome. Cause Paizo.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/metamagic-feats/threatening-illusion-metamagic
>>
>>47572229
>if DM allows
Cause this.
>>
>>47572229
Honestly, how the fuck do gnomes get exclusive anything?
>>
>>47572229
At first, I can't make half-orc Prankster, now my half-orc can't make nasty things with illusions.
I sure, there have to be a rule, that only gnomes can Intimidate with illusions. I'll be very depressed, if it so.
>>
>>47572326
For the same reason Half-Elves get a bonus to using hybridization funnels and EVERY half-orc somehow knows to be speak Orcish and use a Double Axe.
>>
>>47572406
>Hybridization funnels combine two things into one!
>Hey, Half Elves are two things combined into one!
>THIS IS HOW BIOLOGY WORKS.
>>
>>47572495
Someone should suggest to Paizo that transgender half-elves should get an increased bonus.
>>
>>47572406
Don't forget that every Gnome ever is at least trilingual (Common, Gnome, and Sylvan)!
>>
>>47569945
Evil only, Lamashtu workshipper.
>>
Actually Urgatoah...not that that's much better. Evil GMs will argue that you need to be holding the potion to be able to drink as a swift action.
>>
>>47572495
>half orcs aren't two things combined into one?
>half lings aren't two things combined into one?
Obviously we must tell them we have been triggered by our identification, or however that shit works.
>>
Does anyone know what book the Elven Longrifle is from? It's 3pp I know, and I had it at one point, but my harddrive shit the bed a while back and I lost it.
>>
>>47572745
They're allowed to be racist against things that don't exist.

They're not allowed to make black people into mud-dwelling primitives, they have to be super magic and have the super black people magic school! (Which is somehow even more racist).

Kobolds though? Nah, they're shitters. Worst PC race. Orcs? Murderrapists. Goblins? Bumbling chucklefucks but get away with half decent stats because haha look at them AREN'T THEY FUNNY.

WELL I'M NOT LAUGHING.
>>
File: 1460856904489.jpg (39 KB, 472x472) Image search: [Google]
1460856904489.jpg
39 KB, 472x472
>>47572868
Nobody is ever laughing when we discuss paizo! We need to find better things to discuss and leave paizo on the wayside, they bring only disappointment!
>>
Question, Could sargeras from warcraft over powers a being like asmodeus? as y'know sargeras is the size of a planet and cleaved and planet with his sword
>>
>>47573131
>cleaved and planet with his sword
That's not an impressive feat, I did the same thing last night to your mother.
>>
File: 1438727796409.gif (1 MB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
1438727796409.gif
1 MB, 500x400
>>47573187
>>
File: 7X1DsQy.jpg (125 KB, 1622x880) Image search: [Google]
7X1DsQy.jpg
125 KB, 1622x880
>>47568784
>>
File: gfxh40Z.jpg (45 KB, 498x650) Image search: [Google]
gfxh40Z.jpg
45 KB, 498x650
>TFW TWF
>>
>>47573272
That's adorable
>>
File: Justice (just for girls).jpg (246 KB, 775x753) Image search: [Google]
Justice (just for girls).jpg
246 KB, 775x753
>>47573272
Can't get enough JUSTICE!
>>
Playing 3.5 starting level 19 and going into epic. You guys are always helpful and I'm not sure making my own thread is needed so i'm posting here.

looking for some advice on my build

Ranger 5/Master of Many Forms 10/Warshaper 2/Deepwarden 2

Warshaper for crit immunity and stun immunity(1st) and larger natural weapons(2nd level)

Deepwarden because I replace Dex for AC with CON for AC.

I wanted to do Warshaper 5 so that i can multimorph when i get epic wildshape which lets me use supernatural abilities... but i can only use it once a day. I suppose Beholder form might be the best use of it.

Am i just better off going Deepwarden 2/Warshaper 2? Is increasing the size of my natural weapons worth the level? Otherwise I'd be taking Nature's Warrior a wildshaping class that can give you constrict among other abilities.
>>
Two questions for everyone, /pfg/.

Does anyone know of a reasonably well done Wounds/Vigor/Vitality style system that is either Pathfinder/3.5 native or can be relatively easily ported to PF? The default PF wound system is a bit lackluster.

Has anyone used the Automatic Bonus Progression, or a similar system, and if so, what was your opinion of it? Does it need any adjustments?
>>
>>47573770
http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=399.0

Here you go, man. A fucking huge repository of guides for basically everything 3.5. This shit has helped me immensely, I hope it helps you too.
>>
>>47573795
I already have used the Master of Many Forms Bible but it is very unhelpful for going into epic level.
>>
My fucking god.
http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2toug?What-would-the-PDT-do-vs-What-do-the-words-say
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (83 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
83 KB, 1280x720
http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2tolh?Homebrew-better-human-racial-traits\
>Humans underpowered
>using RP
>taking Dual Talent
>MFW
>>
>>47574028
Paizo forums are indeed a special place.
>>
>>47574057
Says the man on /tg/.
>>
>>47574057
I didn't even know you were still here!
>>
>>47574028
oh god this is only getting better as the thread's going on
>>
>>47574028
What's wrong with taking Dual Talent? Not as good as a bonus feat, yeah. But if you really need a certain array it's helpful.
>>
>>47574408
Because if you need Dual Talent, you could have just fucking taken a race with a stat alignment that works properly for you, and gets actual racial features.
>>
>>47574454
And what if that race is banned, or I don't like the race or it's features? Or what if that stat array doesn't exist? Not everyone enjoys being Xspawn tieflings.
>>
>>47572403
Half-orc can take Racial Heritage (Gnome) though.
>>
>>47574477
There are over thirty races in the core system, plus 3pp races, and you can find damn near any spread you want.
>>
>>47574408
>>47574477
Using Dual Talent means you don't have any other racial feature. You are worst than a freaking Kobold.

And in most case, you don't actually need those stat array at level 1.
>>
>>47574499
>There are over thirty races in the core system
And a good chunk of them are shit or too bout there to see actual play most of the time.

What if I don't want to be some fucking Half-Gnome Half-Unicorn fucker or any of those fucking abominations from Bloodforge?
>>
File: 1432775579654.jpg (61 KB, 666x632) Image search: [Google]
1432775579654.jpg
61 KB, 666x632
What is the best Inquisition for a Warder (Ordained Defender) and why is it Anger?
>>
>>47574530
Play Human without Dual Talent.
You can live without 18+2 stats. 17 work fine.
>>
>>47574521
> You are worst than a freaking Kobold.
That's an exaggeration. You're missing out on fucking Darkvison, and that's it. Most racial features are pretty fucking worthless unless you build around them or engage in bullshit like mystic past life
>>
>>47574530
There are a shitload of 3pp races from other publishers. Aasimar and Tieflings exist, and I absolutely gurantee you that you can find a race with the stat spread that you want.

Dual Talent Human is objectively shit and never worth doing, and if you do it, you're an idiot.
>>
>>47574558
You're still dancing around my question. I'm sure most GM's will be very happy to let you play an Earth Pony just because it has the perfect stat spread.
>>
>>47574591
Name the fucking stat spread you want, nigger. I gurantee you can get bonuses to it.
>>
+2 Ability score is SHIT! SHIIITTTT!
>>
>>47574623
We're speaking purely in the hypothetical. Dual Talent is fine if you want a stat spread and don't want to be something fucking ridiculous.
>>
>>47574553
Reformation for Wis to Intimidate and check re-rolls. Great synergy for BS+EG.
>>
File: 1431356847284.png (511 KB, 681x665) Image search: [Google]
1431356847284.png
511 KB, 681x665
>>47574631

But that bonus feat is oh-so delicious.
>>
>>47574623
+2 STR, +2 DEX
>>
>>47574636
>>47574591
> Play High Fantasy game
> Want to be a human

Why? And even if your game somehow only allow Core Race.... Dwarf can pretty much work for any class.
>>
>>47574649
Hobgoblin
>>
>>47574658
>Why?
Because High Fantasy doesn't mean everyone needs to be a fucking Half-Dragon-Half -Demon-Fae Blooded Kitsune that rides rainbow breathing unicorns everywhere.
>>
>>47574658

>High Fantasy means Humans don't exist
>>
>>47574688
That's +Con +Dex, smart guy.
>>
>>47574658

Probably because the iconic High Fantasy adventure still features Humans as the majority, or at least most prominent?
>>
>>47574658
Maybe because you want your character to be more about what they're like as an individual than whether they have pointy ears or blue skin.

Being a different race for the sake of being a different race probably means you're going to be suffering from 'human with funny hat' syndrome and playing that race to its stereotype, too.
>>
>>47574705
Are you actually retarded, or what?

>>47574716
Oh shit, right. Obitu, then.
>>
File: 1382545653231.png (353 KB, 853x470) Image search: [Google]
1382545653231.png
353 KB, 853x470
>>47574744
>Are you actually retarded, or what?

Explain to me how a half-fae half-dragon Celestial Aasimar is any different from an Elf when you say "it's High Fantasy, why are you playing a Human?"
>>
>>47574760
Because nobody ever implied at all that they meant shit like ridiculous template stacking bullshit, and most of the races are basically just various flavored of magical human?
>>
File: 1379825586903.jpg (639 KB, 4994x2290) Image search: [Google]
1379825586903.jpg
639 KB, 4994x2290
>>47574783
>and most of the races are basically just various flavored of magical human?

So... If the races are basically just various flavors of magical humans, why is it dumb to play a human?
>>
>>47570341
>entire party are eldritch horrors with no groin
>target is eldritch horror with no groin
what happens, /tg/?
>>
>>47574783
>most of the races are basically just various flavored of magical human

Which is exactly my point here >>47574740
Many of the races are just a gimmick, and hardly ever produce personalities or roleplaying opportunities that you couldn't get just by being a normal human.
And if that's what you want, then that's okay, but there's no fucking point in putting on airs and pretending that you want to be something nonhuman just for the 'I'll be slightly exotic but nothing actually weird' feel.
>>
>>47574825
I'm not the guy who was saying it's dumb to play a human. I'm saying you're an idiot for assuming that people are trying to do weird as fuck half-unicorn demon babies when nobody said that at all.

I am, however, one of the people saying it's dumb to play a Dual Talent human, because mechanically speaking there's just not a reasonable justification for doing it. If you really want to do that, then at least take the effort to do something like port the old Silverbrow Halflings from 3.5, since they'd get halfling stats AND a feat.
>>
>>47574744
>oh sure just use this obscure 3rd party race from a company no one has ever heard of
>yeah, being a fucking samurai skeleton with eyes of green fucking fire is totally okay
>no one is going to find that remotely off putting
>>47574867
>oh just port this obscure variant race from 3.5
>unironically playing fucking halflings.
I guess Venerable Dragonwraught Kobolds are also reasonable.
>>
>>47574857
Astomoi
>>
File: tiniest_dragon.jpg (107 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
tiniest_dragon.jpg
107 KB, 640x640
>>47573818
Simplest advice is to take epic levels as soon as possible for those sweet, sweet, epic feats. Is there an epic progression for MoMF? If not, talk to your DM to get him to make one.
>>
>>47574918
That's like one unique race out of fucking 30ish, and it's pretty fucking new.

I'm usually a human only fag, and I think they're neat. It's hard to imagine them as being adventurers though
>>
>>47574904
>Aluria Publishing
>Unknown
Alright, you're already confirmed for retarded.

>Skeleton race
>Anywhere near all that weird
Sentient undead are already a thing, and it's established that not all undead are evil.

>Silverbrow Halflings
>Obscure
Did you just literally never play 3.5, or what? Have you actively avoided reading any RPG books or online shit at all until today for the last decade?

>Making wild as fuck assumptions that any of this suddenly means munchkinry is 100% allowed
kys my man
>>
Speaking of races are there any races that aren't paizo which look almost human but have like one or two small features that set them apart?
>>
>>47575099
Elan
>>
>>47575005
>hurr you're retarded for not being aware of a borderline irrelevant 3pp company.

>Sentient undead are already a thing, and it's established that not all undead are evil.
Those cases are incredibly rare and 90% of most people in a standard fantasy setting would still either immediately try to kill you or run away from you. I guess it's fine if Liches can come down to town and play dice with his old wizard buddies and nobody bats an eye, but those settings are rare.
>silver brow halfings
A race from a decade old splat book, that only munchkins looking to squeeze out as much shit from the game as possible play is obscure in my book.

We're already picking races SOLELY for stats, so why not? Obitu's could be cool. But I can't think of a single fucking person who plays a halfling/gnome that isn't trying to munchkin or make some kinda silly meme character.
>>
>>47574925
There is. Its based off the older version fo the master of many forms so might be able to get him to allow more wildshapes every level.

Epic Wildshape 1/day and you get all supernatural abilities except for (SP)

How did Wildshape work in 3.0? I heard you could change your shape at will?
>>
Does anyone know how I can create or get my hands on a diminutive Shetland pony with spiderclimb?
I require one for reasons that can only go horrifically wrong.
>>
>>47575370
magic bridle and horseshoes?
>>
>>47569918
>>47569921
So in exchange for getting to borrow a spell once or twice a day, skalds lose out on versatile performance options?

Sounds kinda... meh, for my purposes. Does this also mean that the unlisted perform skills are not class skills?
>>
Hey /pfg/ I need some opinions. Not including force commander wizard, what are your favorite third party caster or support character: Archetypes, classes or in general unusual builds. Anything is welcomed but I already know of Spheres of power, Psionics and Path of War so I'd appreciate more so anything outside of Dreamscarred/SOP
>>
>>47575580
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/variant-magic-rules
>>
>>47575170
I play halflings as man-eating little fuckers. Main inspiration for this was the Dark Sun setting from AD&D 2nd edition I started with, I run you down, steal your shit and eat you, not necessarily in that order.
>>
>>47575541
I was hoping for the features to be more inherent to the horse itself but I suppose I only have to fool it into thinking a possible offering was randomly found long enough to get it to our location.
I presume the magic bridle is to shrink it and the horseshoes have spiderclimb attached?
>>
How would /pfg/ feel about a pathfinder inspired game, mechanically based on Castle Crashers and Dungeons and Dragons, Chronicles of Mysteria?

Basically, a classic beat-em-up with varying classes as playable characters.
>>
>>47575640
>Pathfinder-inspired game
>But you don't actually play pathfinder

I don't think there's going to be direct appeal.
Especially with how much /pfg/ has a love-hate-hate relationship with golarion.
>>
>>47575710
To be honest, the only real connection would be class mechanics.
>>
>>47575728
Actual class mechanics or the class mechanic themes?
Because if it's only the latter it's essentially generic fantasy game.
>>
>>47575766
things like the Barbarian class has a rage mechanic, that can be modified with rape powers

Wizard gains additional spells, able to empower them.

Sorcerer has choice of bloodlines for mixed abilities, not as good at spells as wizard.

Fighter able to vary weapon use, tanky tanky.

thief/rogue gains situational damage boosts, ranged attacks.

shit like that.
>>
File: Witty filename.jpg (421 KB, 970x595) Image search: [Google]
Witty filename.jpg
421 KB, 970x595
>>47575829
>rape powers

You know what I meant....
>>
>>47573777
ABP isn't a GREAT system, but it IS a passable one, and I've used it to pretty okay effect. You do need to make at least ONE change, though: Let players swap the order of the stat advancement. It makes no fucking sense for the Wizard to improve at wizarding one level before the Fighter improves at fighting. Let physical characters get their physical stats before their mental ones.
>>
>elves in setting are a non-playable, occupy something more like fey
>live out in the woods covered in their own shit and someone else's blood holding sharp rocks and pointy sticks
>don't have ordered society like humans do, instead build massive magical symbologies in order to display political leanings to other elves
>humans do not have this, so humans simply appear incorrect to elves
>elves killing one another means nothing, the body rots and they simply walk out of the forest again. Two elves stabbing each other with point sticks amount to a political debate
>a human could attempt to interpret what they were talking about based on the state of the remains
>elves need not eat/sleep/drink, their only commodity is opinions, sometimes they will come together to commit acts of war if any with similar political leanings deem it necessary
>elves physically are wisp thin, pale, and almost entirely hairless. Their bones and veins are clearly visible against the skin, they look constantly unhealthy and are prone to dropping dead on their own (not that dying particularly matters to them). One particular feature is their lack of faces, they simply have smooth skin stretching across a skull.

>put party against elf that is sociopaths by elven standards
>realized humans have "thoughts on the inside"
>goes looking for those thoughts on the inside in a major city
>kills random citizens at night, writing on the walls in blood "thoughts on the inside" while leaving partially dissected corpses
>players need to hunt him down before he gets in his mind to kill important folk (as he has mostly be running around the slums)
>find him covered in bloody scabs he has carved in himself to try and make "thoughts on the inside" for humans to see

>players are mythic, this thing is mythic
>them being mythic makes them glow similarly to the magic symbology of the elves
>latched onto them as possibly humans who can understand, and hurts them to strain them into forming symbols

thoughts?
>>
>>47575580
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6bKY5cuGjh9VFA1OF8xVmtqWjA/edit
Best class I've ever played in PF.
>>
>>47575170
I personally like halflings because we usually play them as more like hobbits rather than miniature welsh people and its cool to be a knight riding on like a boar or wolf, as well as the race makes for good characters that try to compensate in a non-purely comic relief way and or the exact opposite who doesn't care about their size at all.
>>
>>47575887
What the fuck is the point of calling them elves if they're not elves?
>>
>>47576210
They look like elves I made pale and put in a taffy stretcher, and have a lot of elven aesthetics (mainly forest dwelling sociopaths). They do in fact pull small bits from nordic elves and slavic elves, but not tolkien elves.
>>
>>47576210
Sometimes its fun to subvert expectations anon
>>
So I'm cooking up a setting where the ancient empire was filled with wizards, clerics, psions etc who exploited magic/psionics/tech in the way min/maxing forums would.

The whole thing collapsed because while the empire was superficially allied everyone was too much of a special snowflake to work together, and they funneled their resources into ridiculous superweapons and their own pet wars on other planes and planets.

They griefed Androffa till they revealed the secrets of their tech.

What are some other magically or technologically advanced settings you would grief and pillage stuff from as an epic level caster? I want to make the ruins left behind varied based on who the dick ass caster in charge was exploiting material from.
>>
>>47576264
They are elf like, just sociopathic savage elves.
>>
>>47576276
None, technological items are awful compared to their magical counterparts. If anything I'd try to steal things from 3.5 so I can get weird stones and make a tippyverse.
>>
>>47575887
Well I gotta say I love the elves in your setting, that's some cool shit although I find them not having faces a tad odd. I would say it seems like it'd be slowly trying to find a way to actually enter their minds using their mythic 'connection'. Or it starts to think they're elves that got brought back to life wrong and he needs to free them from their horribly horribly mutated bodies to fix them.
>>
>>47575887
Why call it an elf? Why not borrow from some kind of mythology about fey?

What you are describing sounds more along the lines of goblins or bugbears.
>>
>>47576324
Not really. Tiny Dwarf People and a monster that eats kids doesn't really fit that either? Why not call it an elf. Tall, magically adept people that live in forests fit elf pretty damn well.
>>
File: jakegyllenhaL.png (352 KB, 636x424) Image search: [Google]
jakegyllenhaL.png
352 KB, 636x424
Guys the arc of this adventure series I've been doing is coming to an end and now I need to actually stat my BBEG. I really like this villian just because he is fun to rp for the players, but he is going to die with first contact to the party, he isn't the type of villain to have escape plans.

He is a hyper aggressive human monk who kind of shares a personality inspiration from Tuco from Breaking Bad. He killed his entire monastery, defeated his master in single combat, and then took control of a hobgoblin army to conquer the nearby human cities where the PC's are currently residing. He is up close and personal often heading raids on villages just because he likes slaughtering villagers himself.

Hes going to die, and hes probably going to get cheesed by the casters in the group since he literally doesn't use any magic items. This guy just uses his body as a weapon to wreck shit.

Hes probably level 12-14

How do I stat this guy to be a monster at just fucking killing shit?
>>
>>47576324
Because elves are fey. They're slavic elves. I could see calling them gremlins or goblins as well though.

Honestly the name is the last important part.
>>
>>47575887
Is this an actual thing or are you just trying to impress us?
Are your players on board?
What if one wants to play a traditional pointy eared elf?
>>
>>47576392
Master of Many Styles UC monk pumping damage as high as possible, using Dragon Style and a ton of shit to just charge-death shit immediately. Gestalt it with a PoW Stalker.
>>
>>47576422
>Is this an actual thing or are you just trying to impress us?
Planning on running it in a low level mythic game.
>Are your players on board?
Not gonna reveal what it is until later, so no idea.
>What if one wants to play a traditional pointy eared elf?
They do not exist in setting as playable, so they can't.
>>
>>47576392
Half-Giant Unchained Monk is a good start, perhaps see about giving him some brawler abilities or perhaps a gestalt of Barbarian UCmonk/brawler. I'd say give him either
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/other-rules/automatic-bonus-progression
As bonuses or a shit ton of magic tattoos because he finds those acceptable as tattoos are bad-ass but wearing 47 belts is for pussies.
>>
>>47576446
>>47576392
If you look into PoW stalker I'd recommend looking into Brutal Slayer, that seems to fit as well as having Broken Blade, Golden Lion and Primal Fury if he's a savage war leader.
>>
>other idea for mythic game
>giants are more ape like, in this case being a hill giant
>got its hands on a bombardment siege weapon
>is a wyrm sniper gunslinger (this would occur much later at higher level)
>reduces required crew of the siege weapon by 1, bringing it down to 1
>aims and fires in the same round using it's move/standard
>has large metal box on its back filled with a modified Skeleton Crew spell, their entire purpose is to reload the siege weapons (of which he has 4 so one is loaded every round)
>11 levels in gunslinger for Skeleton Crew, 1 level in Barbarian for fast movement & dex rage (just realized this is Cr 19, likely not using in that game but in another)
>using boots of speed to move at 80ft per round with run feat to outpace the players and continue firing siege weapon after running around

So, fast movin siege gorilla.
>>
>>47576548
That sounds bad ass.

Does Pathfinder even have stats for canons?
>>
Is there a situation where Orc Barbarians aren't perfect?

>open field
Orc Barbarians with Haste
>forest
Orc Barbarians with Tree Stride
>city
Orc Barbarians with Urban Step
>caves
Orc Barbarians with Earth Glide
>underwater
Orc Barbarians with Water Breather
>sky
Orc Barbarians with Fly
>social situation
Orc Barbarians with Ensemble
>>
What are the ideal numbers for the following stats in a level 10 frontliner?

>AC?
>Touch AC?
>Saving Throws?
>Total Attack Bonus?
>>
>>47576918
Good numbers or minmaxed numbers?
>>
>>47576918
Check out the following links:

https://rpgwillikers.wordpress.com/2015/09/29/bench-pressing-character-creation-by-the-numbers/
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CCxnAb8apicr3fOrSCEFNRwHlzRieMrXm6ld9-uLAFc/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=0

If you can't be bothered to read the entire guide, just look at the table. If your relevant stats are orange-green, you should be fine.
>>
>>47576918
Depends massively on what you're doing
>>
>>47576810
Something where you don't want to murder your players in rusty dagger shank town
>>
>>47576700
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/gamemastering/other-rules/siege-engines
Yeah they do. You can do some pretty funny things with em.
>>
>>47575887
This is a cool idea, anon. Ignore the people chiming in to say "don't call them elves;" remember this is a waifu general first and foremost, so they're not thinking in terms of subverting Tolkien's paradigm, they're thinking in terms of a dirty fanfic about their beloved gargling Mike Tyson's balls.

When you talk about magical symbologies, do you mean a physical structure, like a totem-tree or something? What is a symbology and what does it look like?
>>
>>47576106
I still don't understand the draw of this class, it just seems like another 9th level caster with a bloodline/school style ability.
>>
>>47577426
It's a full caster that's at least theoretically t3 because of the rather specialized spell list. What's not to like?
>>
>>47574854
It probably seeks out other vitals.
>>
>>47577426
The later 3.5 full casters are actually pretty balanced. Fulll Casting isn't a win button, an incredibly broad spell list is.
>>
Cowboys have hands like lightning if you're wondering.
>>
>>47577553
The Healer and Warmage weren't even that late-released, and Healer is genuinely fucking TERRIBLE until it gets 9ths while Warmage hovers between tier 3 and 4.
>>
>>47577585
k
>>
>>47576264
>>47577418

The very fact you're using 'subvert' means you think it's cool to be different just for the sake of it.
What does this setting even gain from calling them elves and not some other name?
All it does is bring to mind comparisons for no productive reason whatsoever, as if to say "Hey guys look how totally not-elf these are! Isn't it clever and original how much I've changed the classic setting?"

>I'm going to make a mountain and cave dwelling race of small people
>They're going to be lizardlike with fangs and scales, and famed for their paintings and wormsilk sewing
>By the way I'm going to call them Dwarves
>Am I cool yet
>>
>>47577195
That's what ensemble is for.
>>
>>47577911
All ideas are derivative of something else. If you want to play the same grab bag of tolkein races everytime thats fine but sometimes its nice to shake things up.

Also you can make any race souns stupid if you're a big enough asshole about it.
>>
>>47577949
>All ideas are derivative of something else.
I just came up with a race of aberrations that are gigantic anuses with lots of tiny little molars on the inside of the sphincter. What's that derivative of?
>>
>>47577976
13-year-olds' imaginations.
>>
>>47577976
Already been done on /tg/ actually.
>>
>>47577988
I had like 10 seconds and I'm having digestive issues, give me a break.

>>47577990
Really? Fuck.
>>
>>47577911
That doesn't even sound that stupid honestly.

They still live underground. They're still smallish. And they're known for being able to craft something well. Neither the elf or dwarf example really violate the core premise of what those things traditionally are. The dudes elves are still long lived magical tall people who live in the forest.
>>
>>47577976
A cross between a slug and a sea cucumber.
>>
>>47578033
No, they'd literally just be a giant ring of gristle and teeth, not long enough to be similar to either.
>>
File: Throwing Anus.jpg (237 KB, 760x596) Image search: [Google]
Throwing Anus.jpg
237 KB, 760x596
>>47578057
So a living throwing anus with razor edges on the inside.
>>
>>47578098
Molars are blunt. The point is for it to hurt for a long time when it tries to eat you.
>>
>>47577263
On the topic of siege engines, does anyone else get the feeling that they are severely underpowered for what they are intended to be doing?

I mean, let's look at the Heavy Catapult.

It does 8d6 damage, but the most common target for one would be castle walls made of stone, sitting at a neat 8 hardness and 15hp/inch of thickness.
Meaning that a 1ft thick wall of stone has 180hp. The maximum damage a heavy catapult can do to this wall in one hit is 40, adjusted for hardness.

However, 1ft is rather thin for a castle wall, which is more likely to be 5 or 10ft thick, meaning anywhere from 900 to 1800hp. But the heavy catapult still only does that same 8d6, and averages at 20 damage after hardness (with a distinct possibility of not dealing /any/ damage, and plenty more likelihood of dealing no significant damage at all).

So what's a good way to fix this? Siege engines already deal normal damage vs. objects, and while enchanting them is an option it isn't exactly the best method of overcoming the limitations.
>>
>>47578247
Play a different system.
>>
>>47578274
I'm mostly asking because I'm in a skulls and shackles campaign, and there's literally no reason to use the ballistae or catapults against other ships because of how negligible the damage is compared to the total HP of the vessels.
>>
>>47577949
I'm not complaining about the race concept, that's cool. I'm saying why the hell call it an elf?
By a definition as loose as 'long lived forest dwellers with an advanced society', you could replace elves with Tengu and call them elves and it'd apparently be legit.

>>47578014
Intentionally done with enough similarities.
But if you showed up to a DM's table and they said 'hey guys these are the dwarves in my setting', would you really think that was a good call?
>>
>>47578247
D I F F E R E N T S Y S T E M
I F F E R E N T S Y S T E M D
F F E R E N T S Y S T E M D I
F E R E N T S Y S T E M D I F
E R E N T S Y S T E M D I F F
R E N T S Y S T E M D I F F E
E N T S Y S T E M D I F F E R
N T S Y S T E M D I F F E R E
T S Y S T E M D I F F E R E N
S Y S T E M D I F F E R E N T
Y S T E M D I F F E R E N T S
S T E M D I F F E R E N T S Y
T E M D I F F E R E N T S Y S
E M D I F F E R E N T S Y S T
M D I F F E R E N T S Y S T E
>>
>>47578333
>memeing
Did you even read the first reply?
>>
>>47575887
>elves in setting
Look at this friendless jerkoff trying to fit in by completely abandoning grammar so he can >greentext

Simply epik bro lol
>>47576450
>ideas guy

Please kill yourself.
>>
>>47578359
Dunno about him, but >>47578274 here. I really dunno how to help you. Maybe ask your GM?
>>
>>47578314
>would you really think that was a good call?
Yeah, I would actually.
>>
>>47578247
I would say a siege engine does XCrit modifier in damage vs Objects
>>
>>47578359
D I F F E R E N T A P
I F F E R E N T A P D
F F E R E N T A P D I
F E R E N T A P D I F
E R E N T A P D I F F
R E N T A P D I F F E
E N T A P D I F F E R
N T A P D I F F E R E
T A P D I F F E R E N
A P D I F F E R E N T
P D I F F E R E N T A
>>
>>47578382
There's the fun part. I'm asking /for/ my GM. He's got an even bigger issue with it than me, but he also doesn't really have the time to write up and test a subsystem with his work and trying to run three different games.

So I thought I'd see if anyone else had figured a decent alternate option.
>>
>>47578419
H O M E B R E W
O M E B R E W H
M E B R E W H O
E B R E W H O M
B R E W H O M E
R E W H O M E B
E W H O M E B R
W H O M E B R E
>>
>>47578419
Well, cripes.

Dunno what to tell you, man. I'm sure somebody here knows.

>>47578417
You. Stop it.
>>
>>47578445
O K
K O
>>
File: _lol_sona_by_savua-d86p64t.jpg (156 KB, 751x1063) Image search: [Google]
_lol_sona_by_savua-d86p64t.jpg
156 KB, 751x1063
>>47578247
Damage multiplication vs targets with hardness. 5x or 10x should do the trick.
>>
>>47568969
You may want to look into Lords of Night for more vampire/undead bullshit. Also what the other anons said works. You may want to consider changing what classes are allowed.
>>
>>47578247
Multiply siege engine damage by 20 when using it against buildings. Adjust multiplier based on how long you want to have the battle last.
>>
>>47578413
>>47578501
The listed rules already state that siege engines can crit against objects, so while that's not a bad idea, it can be cheesed when you've got free crits vs everything that isn't moving. This isn't about just powering up seige weapons, but making them fall more in line with expected performance.

A first good step would probably be ignoring the hardness of objects up to 10, maybe? That would account for most building materials while allowing the over-paid players to have their adamantine floating castle or whatever-the-fuck is in vogue.

>>47578445
My conundrum is ever-present.
>>
>>47578517
Memeing aside, I'd just reduce the HP objects have by a factor of... 4, perhaps?
>>
>>47578501
My dick has damage multiplication vs thick targets.
>>
Hello /pfg/!
Got a question regarding Path of war: Expanded, and the Warpath follower Class template to be exact.

In the Maneuvers readied section, it reads:
"At 4th level and again at 10th, 15th, and 20th levels, the number of maneuvers granted to the warpath follower at the beginning of an encounter and when he recovers his maneuvers increases by one. Unlike the warpath follower’s initial granted maneuver, these additional maneuvers are randomly determined"

However the Controlled insight class feature states:
"Starting at 4th level, a warpath follower is better able to understand the needs and desires of his deity. When he readies his maneuvers, he selects two to be granted to him at all times, rather than one."

So, does a lv4 Warpath follower get 3 readied maneuvers at the beginning of combat (an extra one from Controlled Insight, another extra one from the Maneuvers readied text)? But if so, what's with the number in between parenthesis in the 2.4 table which stipulates how many maneuvers a Warpath follower knows at any given level?
Or does the Maneuvers readied section only reminded the reader about the extra maneuver granted by Controlled Insight? But if so, why not stipulate the extra ones at lv10, 15 and 20?
>>
File: derail.gif (1 MB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
derail.gif
1 MB, 300x225
>>47578528
Quilted cloth DR applies against your dick, m8.
>>
>>47578527
This was my original thought, actually. Unfortunately, when you start getting down to smaller objects, or ones made of softer materials, the numbers skew in the opposite direction, until people are literally punching a house down with their bare fists, or flicking an inch-thick pane of glass and having it shatter because they've got a 12 in strength.
>>
>>47578586
So only do that to large objects made of harder materials?
>>
>>47578586
Siege weapons get a multiplier bonus against targets with hardness.

The party's laser loli is doing something like, x4 to objects and can take down a ship in less than two minutes.

She had high damage output though. For 8d8, which averages around, like, 36 points or so. 30 for easy math after 10 hardness. A 5x multiplier is 150 hp.

4 hits against a 1200hp ship gives it the sinking condition. 8 hits sinks it.

Does that feel about right?
>>
>>47578602
What's a good cutoff point, though? Just realigning the entire chart of HP?

Actually, I think that hardness should have weaknesses in the same manner that DR does. That, or objects are 'vulnerable' to certain kinds of damage, in the same way that swarms are vulnerable to aoe and thus take more damage from that kind of attack.

It'd also be a lot easier to manage that kind of change, since instead of calculating and recalculating HP, it's more of a logical assessment.

I'm also here to bounce ideas off you guys, hence the suddenly-inspired bullshit above.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 61

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.