[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
OC Thread #9
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 85
File: 1464778680634.jpg (595 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
1464778680634.jpg
595 KB, 1600x900
Welcome to the /tg/ OC thread.
Previous Thread: >>47532091

Tell us about your original characters, new and old. Let's hear some stories of valor and glory and build some legends in here.

>THIS THREAD IS PRIMARILY FOR CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT AND SHOWING OFF YOUR FAVORITES FROM YOUR GAMES
It's like the Storythread, but centered on characters that we all know and help make. Your Original Character can be any character you've played, are playing, or want to play!

>WHEN POSTING YOUR OC
Give us a little blurb about your character, this is a brag thread after all. Some basic questions to get you started:
• Name:
• Role(s):
• Goals:
• Traits:
• Flaws:
• Allies:
• Enemies:
• Other Relations:
• Physical Description:

Write and share stories about each others' characters (use a pastebin for works that would take up multiple posts). Draw and share pictures of each others' characters (please link offsite in the event of NSFW work).

Ask questions about other anons characters and get to know their stories, and tell us all about your own.

Need help developing a new character concept? Ask away!

This thread is intended to be all in good spirit, so please remember to be excellent to each other, and try to contribute in some way. If you can't draw, write something for someone and vice/versa.

>CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT
1. A movie is announced about your campaign. Which actor would play your character and why?

2. What major vices or addictions does your character have?

>IF YOU JUST NEED CHARACTER ART, GO TO THE DRAW THREAD
There are more artists consistently there that are actively looking for requests to fill, that's not the case here.

>DON'T MAKE A NEW THREAD UNTIL PAGE 10
Use art from these threads as OP image when possible.
>>
>>47556815
3. Describe your character using a historical figure.
>>
>>47556815
It's a proud moment when we have husbandos in the OP pic.. Especially when one of your OC is in the OP pic.
>>
>>47556934
The one in the middle is just smokin'
>>
>>47556934
Ian Graham, present and accounted for.

>>47556948
I know you meant far left, but I forgive you. I also know you were joking regarding his flaming head.
>>
>>47556815
Count em not one, but FIVE husbandos!
>>
>>47556948
>>47556969
It's smoke not fire! He's very insensitive about it, please be respectful! ¨

>>47556980
More husbandos plz.
>>
>>47556815
Remember we have a discord for chatting and not spamming up the thread to oblivion Like I tend to do.

https://discord.gg/012k5RcKoOfFyV7ug
>>
File: 1464355770434.jpg (270 KB, 900x1400) Image search: [Google]
1464355770434.jpg
270 KB, 900x1400
>>47556849
>3. Describe your character using a historical figure.

I can't not see Sigmund as Grizzly Adams.
>>
Repostin

When Pandora was about fourteen, the assassin that had taken her brought her back to her parents, to see them from afar. It had been eight years and the old murderer had put in more time raising her than her flesh and blood had. Calahan was an adequate father, but by the nature if their relation had to be harsh with her for training. Thats what she thought she was doing when she suddenly started recognizing certain barns and trees. But the people seemed downtrodden.

No one recognized her, she was just some girl riding in with a sellsword. They couldnt even tell if she was wife or daughter, Calahan only being about thirty.

Prices were almost double due to taxes to the local lord; her father as she learned. The contract with the order had worked; the king had returned the lands to her family after the death of Sir Hawan, an upjump from the war a decade past. But the price had been Pandora and her sister, too high for her now late mother.

So her father sat alone in the castle, drinking at the expense of the common folk. He'd grown fat and she could only hope it was from guilt.

But no matter how tightly she clutched her dagger, Calahan wouldn't let her meet him. Her father had hired the order. Now he was protected from the order. He was untouchable.

She never found out if that trip had been Calahans idea, or the Demons.
>>
File: Charlotte du Beauchamp.png (226 KB, 768x640) Image search: [Google]
Charlotte du Beauchamp.png
226 KB, 768x640
>>47556815
>1. A movie is announced about your campaign. Which actor would play your character and why?

Idk, Angelina Jolie? It would work better if this movie was released 10 years ago I think...

Or failing that, Kate Beckinsale? Like Underworld 1 style Kate Beckinsale.
>>
>>47556849
>3. Describe your character using a historical figure.
The only person I can think to compare Thug to is John Henry. He has the constitution to work for days and a strong arm skilled in smithing so he's good with a hammer.
>>
>>47557369
The first part reminds me of Elektra and Stick from Daredevil.

The rest of it doesn't make sense to me, but that may or may not be my comprehension skills being subpar right now.
>>
File: 1464088276719.jpg (2 MB, 1402x2077) Image search: [Google]
1464088276719.jpg
2 MB, 1402x2077
>>47556815
>1. A movie is announced about your campaign. Which actor would play your character and why?

Natalie Dormer? Maybe Emma Watson. She'd have to dye her hair blonde though.
>>
>>47557396
Youve probabky just forgotten that she was abducted into an assassin order as payment for a hit her father put out, to go back from being a disgraced noble to having his lands again.
>>
>>47557463
>Natalie Dormer? Maybe Emma Watson

But anon, both of those actresses are too flat to play Isara.
>>
>>47557463
Natalie Dormer a cunt.
>>
File: 1368502025234.jpg (487 KB, 1295x933) Image search: [Google]
1368502025234.jpg
487 KB, 1295x933
>>47556849
Easy, Cata was loosely inspired by the last Byzantine Emperor. I used his armor as inspiration for hers, and if I wasn't able to find a good Law deity, I would've homebrewed one called the Marble King.

If I had to pick one that was somewhat like her...I'm not sure. Joan of Arc?
>>
>>47557560
Poor taste anon
>>
File: 140037899534.png (205 KB, 441x437) Image search: [Google]
140037899534.png
205 KB, 441x437
>>47556815
Wow, Arnwulf's player here. That looks really cool. Nice job!
>>
File: Mara.jpg (238 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
Mara.jpg
238 KB, 1000x1000
>>47556815
Hello thread anything cool happen in the past day or so? Got to have another session with Mara and we made it to the midway checkpoint town, where I was able to drop off the contractors and pick up Calvin and Sigmund as NPC followers.

• Name: Mara

• Role(s): Long range defensive marksman, inventory tracker.

• Goals: Cross through the Direspire mountain range safely with her caravan, delivering much needed supplies to a war ravished countryside. It's an winter-based apocalypse world in a D&D setting (ice dragons awoke after centuries of slumber to lay claim to the world, trying to uncover how this happened), so medicinal herbs and products are scarce.

• Traits: Focused and patient, willing to let the other party members be charging idiots and draw the enemies out for her.

• Flaws: When she does become engaged in close quarters combat (not her comfort zone) she gets overloaded and can sometimes freak out and break down from the fright and terror, and due to a traumatic event in her past (see below).

• Allies: Salas Pritchett, the medical know-how powerhousr. He is key to the countryside's survival and must be protected at all costs.

• Enemies: Her former faction, the "Firesoar Carvers", which she escaped from after being assaulted and sexually abused by the other members. This has led her to be mistrusting of all but her closest friends, and she becomes very uncomfortable or even openly distraught when standing too close to someone (this is what I meant in the "Flaws" line). They pursue her for being a deserter.

• Other Relations: Her father Ark, who is in the destination town, dying of a sickness that the caravan carries the treatment for.
>>
>>47557485
Isara's actually has a pretty modest sized chest, though her lewd picture would say otherwise.
>>
>>47558282
How about Emma Stone?
>>
File: Wellyn Ashlt.jpg (40 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
Wellyn Ashlt.jpg
40 KB, 400x600
• Name: Wellyn Elias Ashlt
• Role(s): Caster, Support, Investigator
• Goals: Working on this.
• Traits: The world is too much with him, he thinks he is a little smarter than everyone else, he is deeply suspicious of joy, he sees sincerity as a weapon that can be used against him, and he conceals his emotional needs.
• Flaws: Poor attitude, a lack of formal training in magic, and a deep mistrust of others are the main plauges of Wellyn's life.
• Allies: His familiar Bough, a Crocguana.
• Enemies: N/A
• Other Relations: None thus far.
• Physical Description: Short, unruly rusty brown hair, atop a head that fits a narrow often frowning face and grey eyes that dart around like flies. His body is neither muscular nor, weak and carries with it the frame of a swimmer. His face contains few scars of past troubles, and his guant fingers are attached to callused burned hands.

> A movie is announced about your campaign. Which actor would play your character and why?
Elijah Wood. He's got the quiet youthful mannerisms that I think would be perfect. Besdies, he was also Frodo.

>What major vices or addictions does your character have?
Alcohol, alcohol, and alcohol. Wellyn is a heavy alcoholic just barely bordering on functional at times. Someone who knows him well enough can tell something is wrong when he's not drinking.

>Describe your character using a historical figure.

I guess the closest I could come up with is Ned Kelly. Just sort of a driven person who is willing to go to ridiculous lengths to get his way and isn't willing to go down without a fight.
>>
>>47558347
Hm. I didn't think of her. Yeah, she'd be perfect actually.
>>
>>47558378
No need to thank me!

I know you too well at this point.
>>
>>47557378
>potential dat guy
Why is her torso unarmoured, but legs are?

>>47557369
0/10 fan-fic tier

>>47558237
That guy-tier, probably the shittiest backstory I've seen on /tg/

>>47558354
Shitty, but not that guy kinda bad
>>
>>47558237
>Female character who's a rape victim
Every time.
>>
>>47558640
>Why is her torso unarmoured, but legs are?

Because that's what the artist drew, so I just think of it as she's halfway through armoring up.
>>
>>47558354
>>47558640
What kind of bad is he? I'm looking to improve.
>>
>>47558640
Try giving actual feedback or don't bother.
>>
>>47558640
>shittiest backstory I've seen on /tg/
Must be your first day, then. Does your dad know you're on 4chan right now?
>>
inb4 we burn a shit ton of replies on a shitter

Just ignore them when they're being this obvious, Jesus.
>>
>>47558745
A character with those traits is likely to be a pain in the ass for the rest of the party.

This guy is meant to be part of an adventuring group, and maybe, somehow, you've been able to get your interests aligned with the rest of them, but nigga your character's shtick is gonna wear thin on them, OOC.

Of course, I don't know how you play that character as, but using tacky stuff like "he is deeply suspicious of joy, he sees sincerity as a weapon". Why the fuck is he even alive then? It's indicative of your character either acting like a wannabe House or a zombie who thinks giving monosyllabic answers is actually cool.

>>47558763
No, really. From now on I'll be all, "but this isn't as bad that character who'd been a fuck slave in the past and ended up ruining combat encounters by panic attacks"
>>
>>47558938
I'm not Mara's player, but from what they said a few threads ago it's a solo game between them and a DM. That would make the difference to me.
>>
>>47556815
• Name: Lars
• Role(s): archer, somehow also the voice of reason
• Goals: to be liked and respected, for a change
• Traits: self-deprecating, also finds time to deprecate other party members, easily flustered, experienced at fighting dirty because he's pretty sure he'll lose in a fair fight
• Flaws: known criminal, crippling self-loathing, resentful of people who think they're smarter than him, which happens a lot since he's actually pretty dumb
• Allies: the party's rogue came from the same band of highwaymen as him. Also, as a boy he was a wizard's apprentice, but realized he wasn't smart enough to be a wizard and ran away from his master's tower with all the stolen goods he could carry. However, the wizard never forgot about him, and he left him a sweet magic bow in his will when he died. This guilted Lars into trying to go straight.
• Enemies: His former criminal employer, Handsome Charlie, wants him dead for some reason or other.
• Other Relations: A whore mother he refuses to see
• Physical Description: Scrawny, generally filthy, oversized nose
>>
>>47559030
I like him anon. I like him a lot.
>>
>>47559030
He sounds like a fun character to interact with
>>
>>47558938
He's a pretty normal human being in that regard. He just doesn't give anyone trust unduly and think that anyone who acts in a straight forward kind manner has an ulterior motive. I was just using flowery language to describe paranoia. I think you're looking too far into the extreme. Also how do you act like a house?
>>
>>47558721
I have nothing to say then

>>47558972
That probably raises more red flags, is this character meant for erp or what?

>>47559030
See, you faggot, this >>47559030 is how you do a decent character. I would love to have him in my party.

One, the character is the sort that is likely to have a variety of interaction with various members of the party.

Two, he probably took a tenth of the time to come with the character compared to your cesspool of faggotry.

Okay, maybe he overdid the self effacing bit a little too much, but any gm would let that pass.

Great character all in all.
>>
>>47559157
>Also how do you act like a house?
House MD, played by Hugh Laurie. Gets mentioned in character descriptions fairly frequently.

So, now from a manic depressive, you're making your guy sound like every other human being on the planet. I'm not sure what to say other than as long as all those mental issues don't form the bulk of your roleplay, it's probably fine.

But, you need to realize that your character's archetype is really fucking common. Almost of a cliche, something like this >>47559030 is fairly common too, because apparently everybody likes average joes.
>>
>>47559305

Has there ever been an OC mentioned in these threads you thought was very solid?
>>
>>47559355
doubtful because he probably only just got here and decided to piss about.
>>
>>47559355
Right here, mate >>47559030

That's a weird way to respond to criticism after asking for it, though
>>
>>47559369

Piss about? He's giving some very valid (albeit harsh and blunt) advice about characters in this thread.
>>
>>47559403

You're talking to a different person dude, I'm just finding the frank criticism refreshing after a bunch of "oh they're just greats."
>>
>>47559403
>>47559404
Totally unrelated, but I've never seen two posts with the exact same timestamp on them in the same thread.
>>
The below post was meant for whoever this >>47558237 trainwreck belongs to.

>See, you faggot, this >47559030 is how you do a decent character. I would love to have him in my party.

>One, the character is the sort that is likely to have a variety of interaction with various members of the party.
>Two, he probably took a tenth of the time to come with the character compared to your cesspool of faggotry.
>Okay, maybe he overdid the self effacing bit a little too much, but any gm would let that pass.
>Great character all in all.
>>
>>47559480
Perhaps offer constructive advice instead of deliberately trying to fuck with people. I agree with you that the character is "eh" tier, but it's nowhere close to how you're making it out.

All you're doing right now is hurling insults at a post, how can anon improve that character while still retaining their original vision?
>>
>>47559514
I'm not their mother. Why would anyone expect to be mollycoddled on the fucking internet?

If they want to take the feedback for what is or act all pissy and wronged, that's up to them.
>>
>>47559618
This is a thread for constructive criticism to help make better characters. Not a place for you to shit on other peoples ideas because it makes you feel superior. If you're not willing to participate in helping then leave.
>>
>>47559618
It's not feedback, it's shitposting. The fact that you have zero input on how to improve it confirms to me you're just here to stir up shit.

If you've been here before you would know that the player also mentioned the backstory being related to irl events to them, maybe this is therapeutic to them.
>>
Had some help from another anon, so posting the revised bios.

Name: Margnus

Roles: Father figure and buff hoarder.

Goals: ADVENTURE! Loves to meet new and interesting people, and living life to the fullest with his beautiful family.

Traits: Happy-go-lucky, flexible in life, full of love and generosity. Very protective of close friends and family.

Flaws: Thinks most people are innately good. Generosity tends to go too far due to slight naivety. He doesn't plan ahead very well.

Allies:
Arshayais: Wife and mother of his children, the true love of his life. She's a skilled mage who teaches at the College. She's a tiny elf lady, sporting red hair and green eyes. Balances out some of his faults by thinking things through.

Issac Steel: Older brother, runs their fathers blacksmith, teaches crafting magic for the college. Immensely strong in body, mind and magic. Got Margnus his first job, where he met Arshay.

Physical description: Early 40s guard captain-commander, though a bit on the shorter side about 5'8" but well built weighing approx. 180lbs. Blue eys and black hair slowly silvering at temples and in beard, he keeps it short and well maintained.

He likes to hoist about a massive shield and weighty axe.
>>
File: Margnus.png (2 MB, 1061x759) Image search: [Google]
Margnus.png
2 MB, 1061x759
>>47559690
Forgot my picture.
>>
File: Arshay (8).jpg (165 KB, 736x1084) Image search: [Google]
Arshay (8).jpg
165 KB, 736x1084
>>47559690

Name: Arshay

>Roles:
Blaster mage/ Battlefield control/ Know-it-all.

>Goals:
Learn new things, see new places, create new magic, make peoples' lives better.

>Traits:
She had a very sharp mind with a mean resting bitch face, but very caring on the inside. She's a planner and saver, and has an odd obsession with neat boxes and bags.

>Flaws:
She is physically fragile, and oftentimes an overthinker. Very strict perfectionist.

>Physical Description:
Short and thin. A lot under average height 4'11" (and ONE HALF, I'll have you know! At that height every bit counts) and she weighs in at about 80 lbs. Unusally Pale skin that barely seems to darken in the sun. Long bright red hair, usually tied back or braided in a pony tail. She has bright green eyes that seem to glow, and has cute ears are a little too big for her head. Dresses in blues, blacks, brown, and tans, and of course she really likes comfy oversized robes with deep hoods and secret pockets.
>>
>>47559618
But you're not actually giving them any real feedback. You're insulting them, and not really specifying exactly what that character is doing better.

If your post was without half of those insults, I think it would be a better one. As it is, calling a character a cesspool of faggotry just because there are some things you don't agree with is a low blow.

I mean, yes, she does get panic attacks, but she makes it clear that it's only in close quarters combat, while she's specialized for long ranged combat. And the backstory isn't bad at all - I'd actually applaud them for including rape in a way that isn't cringey or in the way it's usually overdone, and is handled in a fairly believable and understandable way. Otherwise, she's still a solid character personalitywise and skillswise.

I think you're blowing things out of proportion, especially when the guy you're praising is good, but not really that great. His character is self-loathing and resentful of smarter people which would cause difficulty in working with some kinds of party members, while Mara doesn't have those sorts of flaws. He's not a bad character by any means, but he's not head and shoulders above Mara.
>>
>>47558354
>>47559618
Wellyn's player here. I'm back now so go ahead and give me any feedback you want on the character.

Sorry, I'd never seen House so I didn't know what it is, don't watch a lot of TV. I was going for something kinda common in a character. As more or less a magical fantasy detective, sticking out like a sore thumb is probably going to make his life harder rather than easier. As for letting the flaws get in the way of his interactions, it shouldn't. It's more like he keeps people at arms length and takes longer to come around to trusting people.
>>
>>47559665
I'm giving feedback to whoever's asking for it. Maybe showing that character to some therapist rather than posting it on 4chan would be much more constructive, but what do I know.

Heck, having a better constructed character would probably be much more "therapeutic" anyway

>>47559690
>>47559727
Very tolerable characters. A bit too giggle-squee for my taste, but nothing that I would fault you for as long as they gel with the theme of the setting.
>>
>>47559816
Why are you trying to make this implication that the player is including this backstory because of personal experience? We don't know that.

Maybe they want a character to grow and change over time. Instead of getting broken down, getting built back up. So many character seem kind of blank going into an adventure, and I understand why, but it's not as endearing as an actual struggle of some sort.
>>
>>47559916
He's not, I did because Mara's player said that in her first thread with us.
>>
>>47559950
>Swiss Army Mage
Lol
>>
>>47559784
Your post doesn't much to go on. Your description of his personality raises red flags, but you now say you don't act like that in the game.

Being a heavy alcoholic is kinda of a deal as well. Remember, while your primary job is to come up with a well constructed character, it is an unsaid maxim that it should gel well with the party as well. How much does the alcoholism manifest itself in the game? Does he just keep the drinking to the non-combat scenarios, or does he act like a fucking hobo all the time?

maybe I could make a better sense if you gave me a backstory or something.

>>47559738
>But you're not actually giving them any real feedback
They can ignore it then.

>His character is self-loathing and resentful of smarter people which would cause difficulty in working with some kinds of party members
Which is exactly why I like it, and probably why the player put it in. It sets a solid foundation for the nature of his interactions with the party. And given the restraint he has shown in the character description, I'd wager he keeps the interaction tasteful, or at least tolerable.

See, your interactions with the party have to lead to something mutually enjoyable. And his character traits set the perfect premise for that.

I mean sure, this character isn't superlative, I mean the player has gone out of his way to craft a mediocre character. And on top of everything his else, his mama's also a whore.
>>
>Character's name
Thug.
>Role in their party
Tank/Beatstick. Thug is good at hitting things hard. He carries two hammers and likes to apply them to metalwork or monsters as the situation requires.
>Goals
Travel, Fight, Adventure, Live. Thug is simple and simple things please him. The pursuit of jerkey, his favorite food.
>Qualities
Exceptionally tough. Thug spent years fighting in the Pits so he's got scars everwhere. This also makes him rather intimidating as he is not only scarred but very large even among other Orcs. Years of fighting and smithery have built his musculature. Which brings up his primary non-combat skill, he is a self-trained blacksmith. Specializing in weaponsmithing. Likes flowers and good smelling things.
>Flaws
About as smart as a box of rocks. Thug is dumb, he knows he is. He doesn't care as long as he gets by. There are smarties to do the brain stuff, meanwhile if somethin' needs a good mashin' Thug will be there to help the poor brainy with it. He's also a bit short for an Orc. Another big flaw is he utter lack of stealth.
>Allies
Brute the Goliath & Smash the Half-Giant (or so he claimed). Little Truthsword (a Halfling Paladin). Honor the Hobgoblin.
>Enemies
Kenders. Evil finger wigglers. The orcs of the Blacktooth tribe.
>>
File: 1303306012589.jpg (34 KB, 400x621) Image search: [Google]
1303306012589.jpg
34 KB, 400x621
>>47559950
Oh, jesus, mary and fucking joseph. What the fuck did you make me read, you retarded fuck. Just when people had started to post shit that was actually tolerable. Jesus fuck.

Nigga, Nepharus? Fucking Nepharus? What is the sister's name, Evilyn? And I guess daddy and mama, are Horriblus and Dementia?

>after she was executed for regicide he became obsessed with toppling mortality and bringing his wife back in a perfect immortal form
A perfectly valid course of action. So, what's your lich gonna do it? Wait, he is a goddman COURT DANCER? Who has dabbled in necromancy, would make for interesting dance partners, I guess.

>Nepharus disinterested and bitter at the world around him, he carries out her wicked ideas, working to purge non elven races and perfect his martial prowess.
Does that mean he is the most neutral and just person in the world, or did you mean "uninterested"? >>47558354 Do you now see how common these characters are? Yours is at least 20x better though.

>He is a racial supremacist although at times he resents the ideas of his order and wishes he had just stayed a court dancer.
So do I

>Since fleeing from his homeland Nepharus has made allies with some members of the drow nobility
Probably met them in his weekly Zumba classes

>branded him and all his old friends, traitors and murderers
Should have also branded him as a faggot, like, on his forehead

>he is incredibly agile
Oh, yea, being a court dancer and all. Probably adds character depth, yea?
>>
>>47560219
Just how fucking shameless are you to foist a fucking part 2 on us, mate?

This isn't deep, sentimental, or even fucking revealing. I mean, yes, it does show your character as a colossal faggot, but we'd established that in part 1. Those lines coming from a 13 year old might sound cute, coming from a grown man, it's just goddamn disappointing.

>>47560067
Again a very common archetype, and being a weaponsmith requires a high amount of skill, is he a savant?

I guess the character could work if you kept all the "flowers and good smelling things" shit to a minimum.

I mean, it looks like you're trying to be the funny bone of the party, but right now it all looks rather annoying. Mostly because we've seen such characters a hundred times before.
>>
File: disapproving friend.jpg (151 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
disapproving friend.jpg
151 KB, 500x500
>>47556815

Developing!!

• Name: Nasir Qadir

• Role(s): ranged damage dealer, situational tank, party Good Guy

• Goals: To see as much of the world as possible and live up to his mother's ideals for him by helping people along the way. He has a secret desire to be a knight, though he never settles in one place long enough to pledge to any banner; he gets extra happy whenever someone refers to him as "Sir" or "Knight".

• Traits: Lawful Good to a fault. He's quick to offer aid even in things beyond his scope and is a man of his word. If you travel with him, you can depend on his protection.

• Flaws:a tad daft, most certainly tactless. Nasir has no sense of subtlety and is far too trusting in the word of others. If he never lies, why would anyone else?

> A movie is announced about your campaign. Which actor would play your character and why?
It would have to be Liam Hemsworth with his puppydog face and winning smile and those beautiful pecs and shoulders.

> What major vices or addictions does your character have?
I'm not sure it counts as a vice/addiction, but Nasir lives for that moment of gratitude after doing a good deed for a person. He will go as far as to tactlessly ask for it if one does not come naturally, and he gets palpably disappointed and moody if there isn't one.

He's the son of an affair between a traveling minstrel and bralani azata. Since aasimars age very slowly, he got to grow up with his mother travelling around well into her own old age. She held him to very high morals because of his parentage and raised him in the path of Desna. On her deathbed, she presented him with the bow his celestial father left and asked that he continue to see the world and help people so that he could perhaps earn a place beside his father in Elysium. He swore to it and has been doing so ever since.
>>
Doing some reposting, with some slight edits I've made over the last few days.

>Name
Cata Fractalae
>Role in their party
Frontline fighter - uses javelins as the enemy closes, then scimitar as they get close.
>Goals
Uphold the law in a way that is fair and good
Travel and see the world
Get a prosthetic for her missing arm, mundane or magical
>Qualities
She's a half-elf from a noble background and is fairly well educated and intelligent. The whole getting-her-arm-cut-off thing has also made her even more tomboyish and brash than she was before, because now she has something to prove - she doesn't want to be seen as weak or unable to do her job as a paladin. This makes her very motivated and difficult to scare off.
>Flaws
She refuses to ask for help because she has so much to prove - even when it would be far easier to get someone to pull her up, she insists on climbing up the rope herself one handed. She tends to retort when she shouldn't retort, just to show she's not afraid of the threat. And obviously, the lost arm causes problems since she can no longer use a shield, and isn't very good at climbing or swimming anymore.
>Allies
At the moment, no one in particular. The druid in the last party was the only one she was on good terms with, and now she's with few connections or comrades.
>Enemies
No one specific, but anyone who would try to go against the law, or abuse it for their own needs. And of course, anyone evil. She's nursing a bit of a grudge against orcs, since it was an orc that caused her to lose her arm.
>>
File: cata bigmsaxon.jpg (263 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
cata bigmsaxon.jpg
263 KB, 900x1200
>>47561054
Aaand forgot pic. Derp.
>>
File: elf.jpg (25 KB, 273x349) Image search: [Google]
elf.jpg
25 KB, 273x349
Came out all wrong the first time and I'm trying to do this character justice.

>Name
Nepharus
>Role
Swiss army mage, elf
>Goals
Nepharus is trying to become a proficient necromancer and use the campaign plot macguffins to turn his dead wife into a god.
>Traits
Nepharus is an idealist who is mostly concerned with his journey toward self perfection, he admires anyone though who seeks to better themselves and values training and discipline.
>Flaws
Nepharus is stuck living in the past with his dead comrades, he loses sight of all else when he gets close to his goal of retrieving his wife's remains and ressurecting her. He looks down on shorter lived races.
>Allies
He worked alone for a long time until the servants of a powerful demon found him trespassing in Chaotic Good heaven, he works with them now collecting pieces of an ancient artifact capable of granting divinity.
>Enemies
The royal family of his homeland has sworn to exterminate all the remnants of the Elven Circle of Magi.
>Other Relations
Nepharus was a celebrated performer as a child, when he was an adolescent he was approached by the Circle of Magi a group of mages, artists, warriors, and powerful elves who worked together to reach self perfection. Over the century or so he spent with them their goals shifted more and more toward ruling their homeland and in a failed coup most of them, including Nepharus' wife were killed.
>Physical Description
Pic related
>>
>>47560971
>pic
it's not violence when there is love
>>
>>47556815
• Name: "Big" John Carmichael
• Role(s): immovable object, accountant, party conscience
• Goals: revenge on the people who killed the last person he was bodyguarding
• Traits: implacable, true to his word, full of old homespun chestnuts and cowboy humor
• Flaws: hates compromise, has some issues with women, bad manners, talks kind of like Sling Blade
• Allies: a bunch of Chinese triads, somehow. Mosty because he doesn't completely understand what they do.
• Enemies: He hasn't found the target of his revenge yet, but a bunch of witches are giving him a hard time.
• Other Relations: he misses his pappy back home and often quotes him
• Physical Description: Seven feet tall, bald, armored cowboy hat, armored duster, carries a rail hammer and his pappy's Hawken rifle, scars deep enough that he reckons a body cain't see to the bottom of 'em if'n the sun ain't shinin' just right
>>
File: image.jpg (306 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
306 KB, 1600x1200
Reposting in a more concise manner since last one was too wordy.

• Name:Sulibres

• Role(s):Sellsword, Exorcist, Bogeyman, Burial Rites Expert

• Goals: To discover what happens to him in the afterlife given his unnatural creation.

• Traits: Sulibres is typically analytical and reserved, but blunt when he needs to be as well as fairly inquisitive. He prefers to take some time to assess any situation but is not an obsessive planner. He is also unusually refined in etiquette for one in his profession and considerably more empathetic towards restless ghosts than he is to humans.

• Flaws: A miser with a mercenary attitude and a cynical view of human nature, Sulibres also tends to be a little classist, typically refusing to take work from the lower classes since they can often ill afford to pay him.

• Allies: Mortimer Wesley, a former banker turned novelist whose superstitious, timid yet curious nature has endeared him to Sulibres. He intends to create an encyclopedia of ghosts and enchanted artifacts, something Sulibres specializes in.

• Enemies: Contract enemies, currently no long term opponents.

• Other Relations: His sorceress mother, Vivienne De Tarleyn to whom he acts as a freelancing familiar, providing her with a secondary source of income.

• Physical Description: Sulibres is a dimunitive soldier standing at 5'3. Clad in a black long coat, a cross emblazoned helmet and a gas mask, he also reeks of ash and save incense.

Probably played by a small physical actor and voiced by Keith Szarabajka.
>>
>>47561206
I dig this character, what game did you play him in?
>>
>>47561246
Through the Breach. Hence all the witches and ridiculous armored cowboy hat.
>>
>>47561236
Welcome back, and this formatting is much easier to read. Glad to see he has a long-term goal now and a interesting one at that. All sentient beings wonder about their origins to some extent so it makes complete sense.Does he have any memories of his past life or only inklings?
>>
File: 1460733523840.jpg (57 KB, 486x431) Image search: [Google]
1460733523840.jpg
57 KB, 486x431
>>47561276
Righteous
>>
>>47561236
Which de Plume is that? I haven't been into 3A for ages but that looks sweet.
>>
File: Iliira 01.png (536 KB, 686x963) Image search: [Google]
Iliira 01.png
536 KB, 686x963
Let's use my current D&D character...

• Name: Iliira of Ulgoth's Beard.
• Role(s): Party thief, burglar, and (oddly) moral center.
• Goals: Become the greatest thief who ever lived! (so that people identify her as *that* rather than as a dark elf, i.e. "you're the one that stole from the giant's castle and slew Arauthator the White Dragon!" instead of "you're a drow! AAAAHHH!").
• Traits: Physically, agile, fast, and stealthy. Mentally, unceasingly optimistic and confident. Strong belief in helping others, when she isn't stealing, anyway.
• Flaws: Large-scale kleptomania (i.e., she won't necessarily try and steal your wallet, but if she sees a statue with ruby eyes, she's gonna try and steal those rubies), prefers to "wing it" rather than plan things through. Not as good at finding or disarming traps as she thinks she is.
• Allies: Echo (her bat fairy familiar), Sen of the Wandering Tome (a tiefling magician), Alekar Dorn (a cleric of Torm trying to become a paladin), "the Dragon-man" (a dragonborn ranger who refuses to tell anyone his name).
• Enemies: The Cult of the Dragon (as a group), "Nine-Fingers" Keene (Master of the Baldur's Gate thieves' guild)
• Other Relations: Korbin of Ulgoth's Beard (adopted father), Derak and Alton (thieves in Baldur's Gate), Avaunya Ii'ilmerias (mother, deceased), Orvustia (caravan guard/sometimes-lover), Enom (caravan guard/role model)
• Physical Description: 5' 5" tall, which makes her tall for any elf, let alone a drow, who tend to top out at 5' 2". Short white hair, red eyes, black skin. Wears dark clothes including cape with a large hood (to keep out sunlight as much as to hide her identity), and a tattered scarf that is all that remains of her mother's piwafi cloak. Iliira is 27, which means that she looks roughly like a 16-year-old human and still as centuries of life ahead of her (provided she doesn't get herself killed first).
>>
and i thought i was a fuckface. shit
>>
File: image.jpg (449 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
449 KB, 1600x1200
>>47561305
He does, as do his kin. They were all made from the restless spirits of abandoned infant boys and given an artificial body. It's part of the reason he wonders what awaits him in the afterlife, given that he and his kin were previously denied salvation inspire of being an "innocent" child.

>>47561339
It's custom. I built it along with 3 other 1/12 characters that are of the same character type.
>>
>>47561379

Alexandra Shipp (Ororo/Storm from X-Men: Apocalypse). I liked her in that movie, she's got the build for it, she's young enough to pass off as a 16-year-old if need be, and most importantly of all she's already black (well, half-black), so getting her to put on black make-up to play a dark elf won't come across as innately racist.

>2. What major vices or addictions does your character have?

She might be a slight alcoholic, given that her first reaction after something's gone wrong is to reach for a bottle of wine or something else. She's also go some self-esteem issues in that she's absolutely intent on trying to get not just her friends, but *everyone* to see her as more than just a drow - probably an unreachable goal.

She isn't a kleptomaniac, so much as, in her own way, constantly seeking approval and validation from others.
>>
File: #makemarylewd.jpg (190 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
#makemarylewd.jpg
190 KB, 500x500
>>47561086
>>
Name: Bella Grey
Roles: Melee DPS, Underdark Wilderness Expert
Goals: Survive, and maybe get back to the surface eventually. She's not sure if she could handle that though.
Traits: Furtive and cautious, Bella is not one to rush headlong into literally anything. An expert in the biomes and life in the Underdark, better than most Drow in all likelihood. She has, after all, fought for her survival for nearly twenty years down in the dark.
Flaws: Extremely uncomfortable in social situations, and pretty unhinged when coaxed out of her shell. Paranoid and uneasy, she rarely sleeps for fear of being snuck up on or stabbed in the back. At the same time, massively dependent due to years of isolation. Horrified of being left alone again. Homicidal hatred for Drow, due to two stints as a slave.
Allies: Rathawk, her Underdark bird. The party. A small family of deep gnomes that live in a giant mushroom. She sometimes stops by or restocks there, but can't stay long due to frequent drow patrols.
Enemies: She was wanted by the Drow even before escaping with the party at the beginning of the party, and is now being pursued again.
Other Relations: Originally got lost in the Underdark with her family after they fled into the caves during an attack on their village. They're all dead as far as she knows, but maybe they're still out. Still has family on the surface probably. Was once an ally of convenience for a mindflayer during her first escape from Drow enslavement. Not an ally, but certainly someone that might not shoot first.
Appearance: A cold eyed young woman, with her wild hair haphazardly tied up. She might have been a beauty, had years suffering in the dark not scarred her. Wears armor of salvaged and roughly modified Drow make, painted dark grey for camouflage against stones. Keeps a number of gruesome trophies, including a necklace of pointed ears.
>>
How would you separate a Lawful Evil character from a Lawful Neutral one?

I've been kicking around an idea for a Lawful Evil monk that wants to show dominance by beating everyone in fights, but it doesn't seem to slide over the Neutral line at all.
>>
File: Valar.png (635 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
Valar.png
635 KB, 600x800
>>47556815
• Name: Valar

• Role(s): Powerhouse; magic casting, mace wielding giant of a man with heavy armor. Historical and alchemical mentor.

• Goals: Find peace in glory, help upcoming heroes become renowned and aid them in their journeys, generally be a teacher and a hand in history.

• Traits: Collected and cool, never says anything unless it has meaning. A natural wisdom and level of intellect that comes from extremely old age but also an equal amount of haughtiness and feeling of superiority.

• Flaws: Views anybody other than potential heroes as training dummies, little regard for law other than the empire he was originally born from and occasionally fights for, very hypocritical, lives vicariously through others instead of finding his own way, has a grand and twisted sense of honor and heroism, generally sociopathic; takes what he wants, does what he wants, and uses "sovereignity" or the guise of power to justify it.

• Allies: The Empire, various heroes of the ages, various governments trying to placate him.

• Enemies: Any enemy of the Empire or any enemy of the hero he serves, anybody who "stands in his way."

• Other Relations: N/A

• Physical Description: 7'5", burly, intrisicly designed armor scored with hundreds of cuts and burns, tattered deep royal-purple shoulder cape and hood, a mask pinched in the scornful gaze of an older man; has the look of marble but has the properties of metal.

1. Like Darth Vader, somebody would probably have to be the body actor to nail the size and another person would have to voice act the get that rich, entitled tone of voice. Hafthor Bjornsson and J. Michael Tatum?

2. Being that he can't die, he has a habit of personally tasting and ingesting every ingredient he can find, some would kill others but have become a literally toxic vice to him.

3. Hercules probably; demi-godly abilities, desire to prove himself, is just sort've an asshole with a big club.
>>
>>47561693
thank you! this is great! Mary appreciates someone standing up for her
>>
Discord is having some server issues atm, just so everyone knows
>>
>>47561693
I love this and I love whoever made it

>>47562112
Yeah I'm getting hit with it
>>
File: Gram.png (1 MB, 1200x1069) Image search: [Google]
Gram.png
1 MB, 1200x1069
>>47556815
Name: Gram Gram

Role(s): Cleric of Miflorg. Only combat healer out of a party of 9, decent meat shield and pack mule.

Goals: Gain enough experience to impress his mentor. Become an outsider by studying as a contemplative so he and his goliath wife can have children.

Traits: Apathetic, depressed and emotionally unresponsive. Son to a couple of rich nobles, his mother dragged him around as a trophy kid until he wasn’t cute anymore and his dad beat him two by fours whenever he would ask his dad if he could help with the lumber business.

Flaws: Secretly needs to feel like he matters and doesn’t like being over looked in the background or he feels depressed. Always looking for potential profit like his parents, make him appear money grubby, but he does it out of habit. Has the personality of a wooden plank. Thinks the way to be a carpenter is to smash your head into wood until it forms into the thing you were thinking of building. Has very little emotional concern for his blood family.

Allies: Ainz swisher, Gram’s skeleton bro. Nikolai the Slavic lightning cheese wizard. Jack Hammer, serial shitter in public water sources. Raishin, charging ninja. Razz Darktongue, goblin ninja. Grumple Four Skins, chaos gnome bard, and mech pilot. Tipsy, warforged “beerforge,” with an endless barrel of beer for a torso. Throgg Nahr, half orc paladin of St. Cuthbert with no common sense.
>>
>>47561851
Fight dirty and look for excuses to pick fights
>>
File: Laz.png (852 KB, 1881x2993) Image search: [Google]
Laz.png
852 KB, 1881x2993
>>47562333
Enemies: Former party member and “that guy” Seth Cuddlopolis, the fey corgy warlock, worshipper of his own made up god, Sockthulu. Was killed after a battle against the party when he attacked with a giant mech. Ainz wanted his skull for a cod piece but missed his attack roll. Gram nat 20ed the attack roll with his magic rapier and maxed out the damage on 4 sources of damage. Gram sounding rodded his rapier through Seth’s dick, uppercutted through his torso and ripped his head clean off. His freshly skinned skull is now fastened to Ainz swisher’s crotch. He was supposed to be able to pelvic thrust and shoot eldritch blasts from his crotch but the DM and Ainz player probably didn’t work out how it worked.

Other Relations: Currently married to a goliath fighter named Bertha. Abusive father, Kilo Gram. Neglectful mother, Ounce. Uncle named Gallon. An aunt named Quart. And a cousin named Millie Liter.

Physical Description: Average build wearing a large suit of armor. Long brown hair. Looks depressed or uninterested all the time.

>A movie is announced about your campaign. Which actor would play your character and why?
If he was still alive, Mitch Hedberg. They look alike and Gram spoke in a similar tone.

He has to look in every nook and cranny just in case there’s something valuable doesn’t get left behind. Pissed off the DM after the party took care of criminals holed up in a ware house. The DM mentioned they were selling things that were valuable and Gram decided he had the time to search, each and every box inside the warehouse. He opened enough boxes throughout the campaign to stumble upon a box genie.
>>
>>47562125
Same. The servers are on fire.
>>
File: Burn.png (183 KB, 366x327) Image search: [Google]
Burn.png
183 KB, 366x327
>>47556815
>>47554178
Posting a little blurb about the my character I mentioned in the other thread. Pretty bittersweet situation. Easily one of my favorite characters but very likely lost due to scheduling putting the game on permanent hiatus. It was a game of the pathfinder Curse of the Crimson Throne AP that my DM had closely intertwine with our character's pasts and motivations rather cleverly.

>Name
Klaus Wellahrd Jeggare
>Role
Rogue diabolist inquisitor, party's awkward dad, master conspirator, interrogator, investigator, and fronline tactician.
>Goals
Mixed, now. Very much a LN type, willing to take any and all measures to prevent what he sees as the looming implosion of civilization. Now that his surrogate (?) daughter has been brought into the mix and subsequently died after starting to soften him, his motivations and ideals are starting to sideline as his mind begins to lose grip of the humanity his body abandoned long ago.
>Traits
Mechanically and narratively the most mentally resilient character by a long stretch. Speaks in a hokey German accent so beloved by our DM that Infernal is now officially German in our House-Canon of Golarion. Sword-otaku.
>Flaws
Significant full body burns caused by self immolation as a show of strength to his patron deity. Promptly cut out own eye to purge vision of afterlife in hell he suffered during the party's brief spate of being dead. Now cursed with dire rat lycanthropy. Secretly struggles with sever sociopathy, and often comes off as pathologically blunt, which makes him despised by people of class and inversely favored by those who prefer substance in their wordplay. Dad-puns.
>Allies
Good connections with the captain of the city watch who trusts his judgement. Blood related to the captain of the local marines, and shares and even closer bond of trust. Despite clashes with them, has technically been invited to join the local order of Hellknights.
>>
>>47561851
One is the brute force of the universe tearing down everything and the other is just an unstoppable object, tearing down whatever walls are in their path. I feel like it's a certain level of aggression an evil character has over a lawful character.
>>
>>47561851
I would think that a lawful neutral monk would have at least some respect for his opponents, especially lesser challengers or sparring partners and try not to hurt them too much hence, pulling his punches.

As >>47562536 days, an evil character would have no such sentiments. He would treat any sparring partner as a challenger no matter how inferior they were to him and happily pound them into dust with little to no thought for their innate skill. Victory is all that matters to him.
>>
>>47556815
I posted Helmet a few threads back, and this is her group's spellcaster and her love interest.
• Name: Turin
• Role(s): Party caster/healer, voice of caution.
• Goals: Find his mother, who disappeared when fiends attacked his hometown. Protect his friends, who like him have been left homeless. Grow into a man worthy of the title 'Paladin'.
• Traits: Has proficiency with rapiers and is the most adept spellcaster in the group. He's effectively the red mage of the group. He is also fairly handsome, inheriting his father's courtier looks and silver tongue.
• Flaws: He's kinda shrimpy, and has a laundry list of fears caused from early-childhood trauma, not limited to: wolves, fire, wolves on fire, heights, and wizards. He has a bit of a complex about not being quite as strong as Helmet, part of which comes from his body type and the other half from the fact that he's more of a magical adept than a warrior.
• Allies: Helmet, Helmet's sister, a mysterious old monk they met.
• Enemies: The black knight, the people who forced his parents to flee to this city and hide, and to an extent Helmet's sister, who butts heads with him a lot.
• Other Relations: His parents, who have either been killed, captured, or forced to flee.
• Physical Description: Turin is a slightly short, wiry young man who has blonde hair and green eyes. He tries to keep himself in good appearance, and generally wears clothes that are more appropriate for the king's court than adventuring, though he slowly grows out of that once he comes to fully appreciate a good set of traveler's clothes. He usually wears blue, his favorite color, to contrast with Helmet's red.
>>
File: sharte color.png (631 KB, 518x1358) Image search: [Google]
sharte color.png
631 KB, 518x1358
Name: Sharte (Shar-tay) Ferdinand

Role(s): Rifle toting heal stick and party’s designated crazy Christian.

Goals: Spreading the word of her lord through divine punishment and one-upsmanship. Stopping the production and consumption of alcohol.

Traits: Claims to be religious, ignorant to how society works, is easy to fool, follows whatever her god says because he tells her to. Gets angry easy but for the most part is all bark and no bite to back it up. Was raised by a prohibitionist mother that didn’t bother to tell he daughter the prohibition ended a few years ago.

Flaws: Vain, arrogant, aggressive and does not accept blame what so ever. Openly responds to her god who talks to her in her head around people making her look crazier than usual. Can’t hit a target at near point blank range.
>>
File: Sharte and Isabelle charmed.jpg (1 MB, 3011x2340) Image search: [Google]
Sharte and Isabelle charmed.jpg
1 MB, 3011x2340
>>47562862
Allies: Curly Halfling gunslinger, Titus the muscle wizard. Muscana or however you spell his name, the birdman ranger, with his vicious terror bird named Wubsucuck, Sharte’s favorite member of the party. A fellow cleric and short time magically induced soulmate Isabelle. Emil the gnome mechanic. Buck, the gender confusing barbarian. The president of the United States Franklin D. Roosevelt, who Titus is convinced is a cyborg because he sits in a wheel chair.

Enemies: THE FUCKING DICE!

Other Relations: Strict mother, drunkard father. They don’t talk much.

Physical Description: A thin white woman with brown hair, wearing a plain greyish blue dress, a black corset and a white sunhat.

No idea. I based part of her personality on Momoko from Ghost Stories. https://youtu.be/JsYeeNywXL4?t=407

> What major vices or addictions does your character have?
An inflated ego.
>>
>>47561541
Oh my gaaaaaawd
I love them all equally
>>
>>47562862
uh oh i sharted (shar-tayed) in my pants
>>
>>47563004
Forgot to mention that happens occasionally to her and she gets butTflustered and humiliated. I guess since it hasn't happened lately I forgot to write that down.
>>
>>47556849
Sulla except swole and brown and a woman.
>>
File: c7d6G0i4.png (687 KB, 800x1300) Image search: [Google]
c7d6G0i4.png
687 KB, 800x1300
Here's my character, he's from a D&D campaign I'm planning to write someday so feel free to ask anything and suggest changes, I'm always open for suggestions and help! (Indeed I'm such a noob...)

I started writing and I ended exceeding the character limit, I hope you don't mind a pastebin and I hope you won't cringe too much!

http://pastebin.com/a8GNXxQD

Also here's a small album of pictures some friends did for me, among with some I commisioned, among with some I did myself http://imgur.com/a/yV3Of (Also pic related)
>>
>Story time!

With a bit of a grunt Zeir tied the last strap of the hobgoblins armor, making sure the heavy metal chunks where securely pressed to her body. It was a cold summers night, the hobgoblin army had marched for days to this valley where it was camping for the night. At dawn, it would make a charge against the imperial fortifications to the north, and could easily over run them. If they succeed, every town for miles would be sacked and in their hands as play things for their war cheif.

Zeir took a crude metal war cleaver and kept it at her side, heavier then her usual short sword but non the less effective at what is needed to be done. It had been a year since she signed up for military service, it was a tough choice as many of her own nation did not trust her for what she was. But she knew this, and deep down she wanted to prove them wrong.

"You will be alright" She heard from a familiar voice, as an imperial mage by the name of Aurl walked towards her. "Just stick to the plan and I can get you out of there."
"I worry more about them finding out I am not a hobgoblin... If that happens?.."
"You run to me Zeir.... Remember I will be at the eastern cliff face...they will not figure you out you are a changeling...You will be fine. Just kill the bastard and stay safe..."

Aurl smiled to Zeir, and putting his hand on her shoulder, before giving a slight nod as he turned away "See you in two hours.." He said with a hushed tone. Zeir nodded nervously as her skin become coarse and rough, darkening from a pale snow white to a deep amber. Her hair darkened and shortened on her head as she quickly took the form of the monsters she was so used to fighting.

It was a long walk from the hills to the basin of the valley, a walk that left doubts in the changelings mind. She looked around as she entered the camp, seeing Worgs and war troll's rounded up in pens for the coming battle
Cont...
>>
>>47561379
>Bat fairy familiar
Just out of curiosity, is that like a bat from a fey realm, or a Fairy with bat wings?
>>
>Cont from..
>>47563457
War drums banged as she slipped through the crowds of hobgoblin soldiers, many of them where preparing for the fight that was on their horizon. It was nerve racking to be so close to the enemy, even more so with the task she had willingly undertaken.

She began her trek to the center of the camp, looking for the war chiefs tent, nervously trying to keep her cool as patrol after patrol passed by her. The large yurt like tent rested before her very eyes, only a hundred or so feat ahead of her. She needed a distraction though...

As she approached she decided to make a stop at a War Troll kennel that happened to be nearby. With the busy movement of the crowd most where ignored or unseen, allowing her to take the opportunity to grab a small piece of straw from the ground and light it with a nearby torch. The burning ember she carried was enough, and as she passed the kennel, she dropped in against its dried wooden wall.

With haste she left to approach the commanders tent, and within minutes she could hear the panic caused by the fire. She entered the hut, being met by the gaze of not one, but three hobgoblins, each high ranking officials among their army.

"A f-fire has broken out my lords" She stammered out, getting a few mixed looks from the war cheifs.
"You two...check it out" The central figure spoke in a booming voice, his two lesser officers jumping up and running out to help handle the fire.

It was just them now...
Cont...
>>
>>47563600
"Why are you still here..." The chief spoke out to her "You should be dealing with the flames as well."

"I-I am sorry sir" Zeir said softly as she began to walk towards him "I was ordered to deliver a message we received from the imperials"

"Oh? Tell me why have they sent for me" He spoke in a grumbling tone, getting up to face her. "What does it say?..."

Zeir spoke up immediately in a rather commanding voice "Surrender, or the Empire shall see to your death."
With a bellowing laugh he shouted "They think they can command us, and how will they expect to get this done, surely they are fool-" He suddenly stopped, his eyes widening as he stared down his messenger "...You do not have the eyes of my kin wretch.."

Zeirs heart skipped a beat, as the whole world seemed to go quiet. Both stood there for a second, taken aback before they reached for their weapons in a rush for their life. Zeir gripped her weapons hilt using the same motion to draw it to swing at the commander. His eyes lit up as he attempted to draw his blade, the war cleaver slamming into his chest with a crack, his rips shattering as the blade sunk deep into his body.

With that Zeir let go, taking a step back as she watched the Chief collapse to the floor, choking on his own blood. After her initial panic, she managed to regain some thought. She gripped a small lantern on the side of the tent, smashing it upside the wall as the burning oil set the wooden and wool tent ablaze. With that she sprinted out through its entrance, straight for the eastern cliff.
Finishing next post....
>>
Finale
>>47563739
One hundred yards. The distance between the end of the camp and where Aurl and the rest of the unit was. She only had to make it to one hundred yards. Clambering out of the camp she managed to clear most of the distance before she would hear the war horns blowing, and the camp beginning to shout and panic as they discovered what had happened.

She pushed her way through the light foliage that had covered the hillsides, climbing higher up into the hills as search parties where being sent out. It was only a matter of time before she was caught, she needed to move.

Her legs burned as she climbed uphill, still moving as fast as she could as the sound of Worgs got ever closer. Aurl spotted her and ran close, gripping her arm and pulling her back away from the camp "We must hurry!" he shouted, pulling her along as they ran towards the Imperial fortress, taking her through the treeline in hopes of loosing them in the sparse forest

As they got close, a worg and its rider jumped out from the brush, cutting off their path. Backing away, Aurl raised his staff towards it, preparing a spell as it got closer to them. Before either side could respond, a sudden crack rung out as a crossbow bolt smashed through the riders head, killing him instantly.

The worg turned to look behind, and was met by a flurry of spearheads as detachment of Imperial soldiers, being lead by Prince Ogrin himself had charged out to meet up with their assassin group.

"Are you hurt? Orgin spoke softly, riding out towards them on horse back. Zeir and Aurl instantly dropped to their knees, bowing to him. Dropping her disguise, her hair unfolded into its long silver streaks once more revealing the young changeling's face to the prince
"No sir...thank you for helping us...But we should get back to the fortress, they will be making an attack soon." Ogrin nodded, to them before motioning to rise "Then come, we have a long day ahead of us..."
>>
File: asshole elf.png (79 KB, 220x175) Image search: [Google]
asshole elf.png
79 KB, 220x175
Reposting mine from the old thread

Name: Claius ‘Drowears’
Role(s): Damage dealer, front liner
Goals: ‘Fight with glory, die with honour’
Traits: Absolutely fuking hates drows, practical, professional, disciplined, respects hierarchy
Flaws: Absolutely fuking hates drows, arrogant, asshole, mean tongued
Allies: His old military company – the 8th Auxiliary Dragoons
Enemies: Drows, those who discriminate against High Elves, enemies of 8th Company
Other Relations: Fortuna – the patron saint of 8th Company and 8th Company itself
Physical Description: Tall High Elf male, brown eyes and blonde hair. Fights two handed with a longsword, quick but also packs a punch. Range units be damned though.

>Would your OC consider settling down and marrying? What would their spouse be like?
No, but if he were to marry, it would be to a good High Elf girl with good credentials.

>What is your OC most afraid of, and why?
Shame and dishonour - he has to live with glory and die with honour.

>Party Members?
Due to an odd twist of fate, Claius became a bodyguard to another party members. He was a noble, and I thought why not. Everyone else has kind of worked around this. Theres: the noble (boss man), me (his enforcer), shady (he is really greedy), new guy (he news) and power gamer (dude brings insane characters).

>What do you think the party members think about your OC that they don't say (in character)?
‘What the fuk is up with that string of petrified drow ears dangling across his neck – he is seriously messed up in the head.’

I made Claius with 1 thing in mind: fuk drows.
>>
>>47563911
Ooh. Intense, I like it. Changelings always make for excellent infiltrators. Zeir seems like a bit of a badass, if unconfident at first.
>>
File: Anons Zeir Drawing 2.jpg (118 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
Anons Zeir Drawing 2.jpg
118 KB, 1000x667
>>47564629
She unfolded into a deep character.Very power hungry and confident later on while still being compassionate. This was very early into the session, like second ever session we did. Zeir now is a member of the blood of vol which is also a fun character development.
>>
>>47563911
This last part almost seems unnecessary. The third section ends on a good, tense piece.
>>47564676
Blood of Vol?! Is she a villain now?
>>
>>47564693
She has always been Lawful evil, and walks a fine line between unwilling villain and compassionate anti hero. She later into the campaign is a queen of a fledgling nation, attempting to rule her people fairly and giving them the best life she can, yet is known in the party for running a lot of shady shit. For example ordering the assassination of a foreign noble who had disrespected one of her council members, and made it look like a mugging gone wrong
>>
>>47564770
Is just, in a world of shades of gray like Eberron, blood of Vol straight up villainous, yo.
>>
File: 1461624901819.png (1 MB, 1600x1600) Image search: [Google]
1461624901819.png
1 MB, 1600x1600
Late to the party, here it goes:

• Name: Itzel "Wren" Huitzilopochtli

• Role(s): Face/Gunbunny & general straight man

• Goals: Staying independent of her family and its influence, be it through running or performing

• Traits: Started off naive and optimistic before realizing running is about profit and sticking it to the man is only sometimes a byproduct, now she's taken to snark and cigarettes. Still geeks out over music, gigs, and opportunities to get into character.

• Flaws: Ingrained haughtiness and a tendency to be petty and play favorites. Came into the profession looking for a Robin Hood-esque ideal and fell in with murderhobos, leaving her impressionable to NPCs who fit her vision. Despite claiming morals and cautiousness, can be distracted with her own interests and risks exposure by pursuing a music career on the side.

• Allies: Jan, an energetic but addled bartender with an absurd amount of military-grade chrome; Toby, an older mage whose taken up keeping an eye out for the wayward sassy children who live in her apartment block; and Fromdar, chaos mage and rat follower who takes lateral thinking to non-Euclidean angles.

• Enemies: Eve, a Lone Star officer whose son had a job via nepotism until the party got him fired and's now squeezing the party like the disposable assets they are. Her family, which has multiple agendas for the local CAS slum, is aware Wren's in the area.

• Other Relations: Amanda, a street rat Wren's age with no marketable skills who lives on her couch and has joint ownership of Siouxsie the cat.

• Physical Description: Lithe from years doing gymnastics, nicer teeth and skin than others in the slum due to not being a local, no augmentations.

A couple of notes on Wren-my group made characters independently with wildly different tones in mind, and our GM took my "corporate sin" flaw/runaway concept and decided to incorporate it into his story, hence the obvious important Aztlan name. Been fun so far.
>>
>>47564817
Not denying that
>>
File: nice.gif (962 KB, 320x260) Image search: [Google]
nice.gif
962 KB, 320x260
>>47564821
I like it
>>
>>47564821
>Dat aztec sounding last name
I like the cut of your jib Anon.

Always good to see more Shadowrun characters. I remember seeing the art in the drawthread.
> risks exposure by pursuing a music career on the side
What does she play/sing? What genre?
>>
>>47564821
Spell that last name phonetically.
>>
>>47566394
Not them, but I pretty sure it's "hu-weet-zil-o-pokt-li"
>>
>>47565554
>>47564981
Thanks!

She mostly sings and plays guitar in what's probably closest to electropunk-take Siouxsie and the Banshees and give it an uptempo and add a driving synth line a la Kap Bambino.

>>47566394
Please no.

Though I think >>47566577 is pretty close. We've been using the pronunciation in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WN_XciZXhc
>>
File: say my name.jpg (42 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
say my name.jpg
42 KB, 640x480
>>47566837
Glad to know my romanized aztec-ish reading hasn't deteriorated much since the yugioh 5d's era, wasn't sure if the U was pronounced or part of the W-sound. Pic barely related, pretty sure that one is something like "tla-wee-hcal-pant-eh-koot-li"
>>
File: 26-HelenaMattsson.jpg (103 KB, 1120x902) Image search: [Google]
26-HelenaMattsson.jpg
103 KB, 1120x902
Have a superhero OC I put together for an online game that didn't go anywhere.

• Name: Molly Roberts/Sidewinder

• Role(s): Infiltrator/general ninja-ish rogue type

• Goals: Molly works as a third-party operator, a mercenary that can be found working on either side of the good/bad divide. She's been a mercenary since she was a late teen, mostly to provide for her brothers and sisters. She keeps at it because she's good at it, and it earns her a lot of cash, but she also hopes to raise enough cash and earn enough goodwill to retire comfortably without having to worry about reprisals - something she's finding out is harder to achieve than she hoped.

• Traits: She's a consummate professional. She loves her work, but doesn't take any job personally. She's a fairly easy going, kind person when she isn't on the job.

• Flaws: Doesn't understand why everyone else takes things so personally. Is often unable to make a clear choice when a moral decision is called for. Worries too much about consequences when things go 'off track'.

• Allies: Pork-the-Orc, a pig-man bruiser/wrestler who used to be a skinny nerd. The Rocket-Man/Elton Musk, a flamboyant inventor hero. Pigeon/Rebecca Hayes, a female teen sidekick whose hero was murdered. Captain Underhill, an officer in the NOVA intelligence network. Copperhead, a 'bad guy' who works for the Black Scepter organization.

• Enemies: Black Scepter. Sometimes NOVA. Captain Thunderbolt, a 'hero' who isn't as heroic as everyone thinks.

• Other Relations: She has a bunch of brothers and sisters she used to provide for, and still sends a bit of cash in an emergency. Has a couple of ex-partners.

• Physical Description: Late-20s. Tall, broad shouldered blonde, hair worn long and tied back in a thick braid. Physically fit. Wears a sleeveless cat-suit, and usually just has two handguns and a stun baton, but when things get rough she goes with ballistic armor, a combat rifle with affixed bayonet, and grenades.
>>
>>47567159
I'm actually pretty cranky this game didn't go anywhere. We had three sessions and then radio silence.

Goddamnit, I'm still mad.
>>
File: Risa.png (771 KB, 1077x1500) Image search: [Google]
Risa.png
771 KB, 1077x1500
>>47564821
Was that a commission? That's a lot of head shots compared to what they gave me in a draw thread way back when.
>>
File: 1460846060135.png (242 KB, 600x630) Image search: [Google]
1460846060135.png
242 KB, 600x630
>>47567325
I'd love to give Bog Roll some commission dosh, but that was him deciding to use my request to work on making more organic expressions. Hence why Wren comes with lewds as well.

>>47567044
>that fucking name

New strategy:make unpronounceable ship names so enemies stall while trying to figure out how to say it.
>>
>>47567425
Do you think it would be rude to ask him to redraw the tail in the pic he made for me?
>>
>>47567480
I don't think so. He seems to be alright with revisiting characters he's drawn. I think it's going to boil down to finding him in the drawthread and whether or not he has the time or motivation.
>>
>>47567707
Motivation and/or desire to I should say.
>>
>>47563573
A bat from Faerie. We're playing 5th Edition and running with the rule that everyone has the Ritual Caster feat for free, so when my group acquired a scroll of Find Familiar and put it in our ritual book, we all took turns casting it, with the caveat that we had to randomly determine our familiars (the aquatic ones removed for obvious reasons). Iliira ended up with a fairy bat.

It's kind of funny because Echo's Intelligence is 2 compared to Iliira's 15 (which makes Iliira a near-genius), but Echo's Wisdom is 13 compared to Iliira's 9 (which used to be 10 but I actually asked the DM permission to lower to more accurately reflect how I was playing her).

So Echo is a comparative idiot, but is also better at making life choices than Iliira.

>"Alright, Echo, scout out the area ahead."
>"But mistress, it's dark."
>"Just use your echolocation."
>"I am on your shoulder."
>"N...no, echolocation, not Echo's location."
>"Roger!"
>>
>>47564821
I remember that being done.
>>
>>47567885
>player asks to lower stats because it makes sense
As a GM I think I love you. In all seriousness that's pretty cool and I would love to have players that willing to do things for fluff reasons.
>>
File: image.jpg (345 KB, 1200x1600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
345 KB, 1200x1600
>>47559030
I like Lars, there's a sort of earnestness about him. Typically he'd be that low level mid boss you run across in a traditional RPG, but as a main character turned straight he's actually fairly endearing.

>>47559690
>>47559705
Your character reminds me of a more warm version of Olgierd Von Everec. I can get behind that!

>>47561985
I hope you have him as just an NPC and not necessarily a main character. He sounds incredibly powerful and as such, most trials could be simply resolved with a swing of his mace.

>>47562707
He sounds like a cute character. I'd imagine a drug induced nightmare might involve him being chased by a flaming werewolf skeleton.

>>47562976
Thanks! They were fun to put together! Here's a silly picture for you.

>>47563207
Hah! I saw that JoJo reference. He sounds like a more comical version of Drizzt to me. Curious though, why didn't his surface dwelling captors just kill him immediately given his race? Seems like attempting to rehabilitate him was fairly risky unless they had a track record of doing such things.
>>
File: Anna Zaragoza.jpg (351 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
Anna Zaragoza.jpg
351 KB, 1000x1000
>>47556815
>CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT

1. A movie is announced about your campaign. Which actor would play your character and why?
I have no idea

2. What major vices or addictions does your character have?

None as of yet
>>
>>47570268
>I have no idea
Hardly a valid answer.

>Major vices/addictions: none
Booooring
>>
• Name: The Spellbreaker
• Role(s): Anti-Magic Tank
• Goals: Refine magic into something pure from its diluted state.
• Traits: The Spellbreaker is a man of great strength and power, with a boisterous personality to match. Often grinning or bellowing out his deep laugh, he'll be in the thick of a gathering. He believes magic has been diluted down over the years, losing its true strength and seeks to restore that...using his honed body as a catalyst. He ia of the belief that true power can only reside in a body that has been honed to hold it, after all.
• Flaws: Has taken to not wearing armor, as even the smallest of flexes will result in it falling off. And while boisterous, this giant of a man has an accent thick as his biceps, making him hard to understand.
• Allies: Potentially the party.
• Enemies:
• Other Relations: Probably a lot of mages.
• Physical Description: Take your classic bald circus strongman, add handlebar mustache of GREAT VIRILITY, mix in a chest of swirling ice-blue tattoos, some showy trousers and boots to match, and you have the SPELLBREAKER.
>>
File: 2514807-braum[1].jpg (30 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
2514807-braum[1].jpg
30 KB, 640x360
>>47570478
>• Physical Description: Take your classic bald circus strongman, add handlebar mustache of GREAT VIRILITY, mix in a chest of swirling ice-blue tattoos, some showy trousers and boots to match, and you have the SPELLBREAKER.
?
>>
>>47570520

Braum definitely inspired his look a fair bit, I'll admit.
>>
File: Moras.png (714 KB, 764x1080) Image search: [Google]
Moras.png
714 KB, 764x1080
>>47556815

>CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT
Good question, CGI? Nah but it'd be a lot cooler if it was a costume, but perhaps Michael C. Hall or Mads Mikkelsen (just because I love his cheesiness)

When he was living, as he was an elf, he tried most things. The thing that stuck was smoking a pipe with some more expensive tobacco or whatever else he was in the mood for, though he was deeply ashamed of it and tried to hide it to the best of his ability. Now when he's a living armor, as he can't really smoke, eat or just about do anything, he has an addiction to listening to people's stories and showing of emotions. Sounds weird, but he desperately wants to get back more of his memories and more of his emotions. He dislikes that he has a hard time smiling.
>>
>>47570903
I'm noticing a lot of missing words in those sentences.. I feel very retarded.
>>
>>47570903
CGI would probably be necessary in some capacity though.
>>
File: CGnJQhiUkAASwTY.png (509 KB, 600x605) Image search: [Google]
CGnJQhiUkAASwTY.png
509 KB, 600x605
>>47570032
>Hah! I saw that JoJo reference

Hahaha, yeah, the vampire member of our party is truly a JoJo fan, that's why he made that reference to Dio Brando, I even ended making my character look a bit like young Joseph with that striped scarf, we're all just a bunch of Jojofags~

>He sounds like a more comical version of Drizzt to me.

Indeed, I'm trying to make him somewhat lighthearted instead of something so angsty as Drizzt, I'm trying to make something very different from him since many good drow characters are so Drizzt-like, it has become an stereotype and I'm trying to keep that while keeping the same alignment.

>why didn't his surface dwelling captors just kill him immediately given his race?
That's a good question, I guess that's the way of the Seldarine cult, also he didn't harm anyone, that could have made them wonder about why he was there and what was he doing and therefore not killing him inmmediately
>>
>>47570032
again Keltar's anon here, forgot to thank you for reading me, thanks!
>>
>>47571615
Did somebody say Jojo? Don't get me started.
>>
File: tristramfight.jpg (176 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
tristramfight.jpg
176 KB, 640x480

He's young so probably someone from one of those teen dystopia movies I haven't seen - Liam Hernsworth I guess? I'd prefer it was animated, then he could be voiced by Will Friedle or Matthew Mercer (or Elijah Wood if they insist on a hollywood voice).

I haven't thought about this. What's a good vice for a noble-turned-paladin? Can't be booze because I already established he doesn't drink. He's into medicine so maybe he'll come across some kind of opiate.
>>
>>47572537
He could be addicted to gambilng, and not necessarily with money. Maybe he sometimes waits too long to react to a situation on purpose, just to see what happens.
>>
>>47572537
There's always beautiful women.
>>
>>47572625

Cool idea but I don't think it would mesh with the glory-seeker aspect of his personality. He's not really the see-what-happens type.

>>47573099

Now this could work.
>>
Most girls born into minor nobility, even disgraced nobility, can expect an easy life. Their families have been accumulating wealth for generations and any money they spend will come right back as taxes if it isn't extravagant, exotic luxuries. But more importabtly than wealth that Pandora would never get her hands on is the bloodline of a noble, which can jever be taken away.

Someone trained in the arcane arts can easily tell a human wizard from a dwarven wizard and even an elven one. (Anyone can spot an orc's vile elegance with magic) But beyond that, certain families have evolved their affinity for certain spells, making unique evications and conjurations. Few are as extravagent as the lost Royal Black Flame that would never extinguish until the death of the victim, but each mark the refinement of a cultivated bloodline, and an affinity for magic dwarfing a commoners (pc levels).

When Pandora sparked her first flame and it was golden rather than orange, she was taken to the Demons for the first time. They bridged her soul, opening it up to their arcane powers (warlock levels), and bound her soul to theirs.
>>
File: Lunetta.png (342 KB, 347x467) Image search: [Google]
Lunetta.png
342 KB, 347x467
Gonna get into a Warhammer Fantasy game soon and am coming up with a character idea inspired by Van Helsing and Bloodborne, so any ideas or help developing would be great.

• Name: Lunetta Stirbei, called Luna by friends
• Role(s): Skirmisher, hunter, hit-and-run style
• Goals: None at the moment, she's content with where she is and what she does for now.
• Traits: Calm, reasonable, and sometimes seen as wise beyond her years. She's got a knack for being inventive and always coming prepared for whatever the situation may call for.
• Flaws: Being dragged along by her mother has made her shy away from long-term friendships and trying to get to know people in general. Is highly self-conscious about her actions and how she appears to people, which stems from her childhood trauma of being bullied for her hair color.
• Allies: Mother, got her into the business of witch/monster hunting and taught her mostly everything she needed to know to defend herself and even continue the profession. Currently believes her mother is dead after they split up to do two different hunts, where in actuality her mother became bedridden and spread false rumors around so Lunetta wouldn't be weighed down by a sickly old woman. Old Man hunter, don't know anything about this actually since it's supposed to be another player who wanted to double up with the idea.
• Enemies: No one in particular, however she has a hate-boner for vampires. This stems from how her mother got into the profession and why Lunetta is who she is. Lunetta's father was a necromancer in hiding, and shortly after Lunetta's mother was pregnant he was conscripted for a battle. He never returned home after the battle and it was learned he was seduced and then eventually turned into a vampire himself. This prompted Lunetta's mother to investigate, learn this truth, and in her vengeance track them down and stake the both of them during their "honeymoon".
• Physical Description: She looks like pic related, but wears fitted leather.
>>
I have an egyptian setting.

Ideas for characters_
>>
>>47573749
Desert druid themed around the 10 plagues of Egypt.
>>
>>47573732
The name could stand to be more faux-germanic.

Ever since playing TW: Warhammer I've had an itch to get back into the setting.
>>
File: 1439363181089.jpg (92 KB, 500x642) Image search: [Google]
1439363181089.jpg
92 KB, 500x642
• Name: Sigmund Caine

• Role(s): Tracker, Tank, Survivalist and Party Dad

• Goals: To find his missing daughter, rescue his beleaguered wood-wife, and throw down those who destroyed his village and set terror upon the continent.

• Traits: Font of wisdom and good provincial know-how, Sigmund's often the one keeping the party fed and on the right track when roads fail them. As the party's main tracker and combatant, it falls upon him to uncover the lairs of ravenous beasts and cut them down.

• Flaws: Woefully unprepared for upper-crust interactions (as what happened with a hunt for a vampire), Sigmund is out of his element in urban settings. As the only non-magical character in a party of casters, Sigmund often requires the help of his allies for tasks where simple skill would fail him.

• Allies: The Dusk Hunters, the PC party and organization dedicated to monster-hunting. The King and Queen of Salindor, having rescued their son from a dragon's hoard. Aomeda Greenleaf, Sigmund's wood-wife and an ancient Hamadryad from before the continent's settlement. Adelina Caine, Sigmund and Aomeda's Changeling daughter and crux of the story.

• Enemies: Nagaroth the Red, a Great Wyrm of terrible power. Arasandra the Black, mortal enemy of Aomeda Greenleaf. Helena, High Inquisitor of the Arcane Inquisition.

• Other Relations: Uncountable villages and towns rescued from darkness by the Dusk Hunters.

• Physical Description: A burly man standing at 5'11, Sigmund has a well-sculpted face with moss-green eyes and mud-brown hair. Described as a man that "cleans up very well", Sigmund has a rustic charm belied by his bushy beard and undeniable odor.
>>
>>47573841
Got any suggestions then? Stirbei seems Germanic enough, and I liked the idea of Luna as a nickname and the only name that came to mind where you could derive Luna from was Lunetta.
>>
>>47573794
thanks, but is a more low level setting then that.
>>
If being Mary Sue is par for the course in a given setting, is it still Mary Sue?
>>
>>47574261
Yes.
>>
File: AslaugRomund.jpg (399 KB, 800x1327) Image search: [Google]
AslaugRomund.jpg
399 KB, 800x1327
Romund the Plunderer / Romund of Aslaug
• Role(s)
>Polearm specialist
>Master appraiser
• Goals
>Assemble a legendary hoard
>Protect his friends and their honor
• Traits
>exaggerated empathy
>doggedly loyal
>easy to trust
>thoughtful
>talented tacitician & formation leader
>almost always drinking honey and tea
• Flaws
>Easy to manipulate
>wildly irresponsible with personal wealth
>predictable
>very clumsy accent
>emotional decisions override reasonable ones
• Allies
>Marshal of Blackwood City Council
>Various adventurers & personal friends assembled in his newest home, Aslaug Manor
• Enemies
>Imperial Church, wanted for plundering and looting
>The Northern Dragons, for slaying their youngest and seizing his treasures
• Other Relations
>various small-time traders and noblemen who have employed him as both a mercenary and an appraiser
• Physical Description: A broad-shouldered man with a youthful, happy face buried under a sea of honey-colored hair. He wears a chainmail hauberk and nasal cap, carrying a halberd in his hands with both a norse sword and skeggox in his belt. In civilian life, he wears excessivley flamboyant clothes with multi-colored sashes and yellow breeches tucked into fur-inlined boots, gemstones in his cuffs, a feather cocked in an emerald-and-crimson beret.
>>
>>47574298
he sounds like a mix of a viking and a swiss mercenary
>>
>>47574298
Polearms.. Thank you. My favorite weapon-type of all time.

Also, good character.
>>
File: alyss.png (888 KB, 1280x1610) Image search: [Google]
alyss.png
888 KB, 1280x1610
• Name: Alyss
• Role(s): Thief, Party Face.
• Goals: Gain control of the gang of highwaymen she was exiled from by its leader.
• Traits: Scathing and direct in conversation and a bragging show off in combat. However a strong sense of comradery means she will look after her friends when shit hits the fan.
• Flaws: Her demonic heritage imbues her with an unconscious subtle manipulation of reality tied to her emotional sate. Like a chill in the air when angered or causing a campfire to surge when she laughs. Most in contemporary society have a distrust of her ilk due to this. Like others of her kind she keeps to the fringes of society and civilization when people are less concerned with her bizarre aura.
• Allies: A violent barbaric halfling and an unfortunate fire imbued ex-farmer who band together because they seem to be more successful together than apart. Deep down (though never admitted allowed) the three of them may even be a little bit fond of each other.
• Enemies: Her old gang boss, who has taken the group down a demented and disastrous path that she wants to prevent before more of her old comrades fall victim to his lunacy.
• Other Relations: Old gang friends I guess. Not relay been developed upon.
• Physical Description: Tall like most of her kind and typically shrouded in a large cape hiding her weapons and light armour. Thick muscled semi-prehensile tail. Not much good for fine dexterity but useful as a balance aid and supporting her bodyweight when aloft of the ground. Otherwise facially exactly like I have drawn for the attached image.

>>47567480
I might be convinced.

>>47564821
Its cool to see this here. Nice to see her doing well!
>>
File: grimsly.jpg (112 KB, 1024x1246) Image search: [Google]
grimsly.jpg
112 KB, 1024x1246
Hansel Pointe.

• Role(s): Antagonist, Hero-killer
• Goals: Get the job done.
• Traits: Slow and methodical. Makes sure he can take things one at a time before making any moves. Extremely dangerous, uses excessive violence to get right to the bottom of things. Likes to smile when he's shooting his gun.
• Flaws: Sticks out like a sore thumb and leaves a trail. If the cops weren't so crooked in this podunk town, he'd have gone to a REAL jail a long time ago.
• Allies: None.
• Enemies
Rockford & Associates
>Jethro Rockford and 'Aman', a pair of freelancers and information brokers who prioritize clean jobs and non-lethal solutions
• Other Relations: Daisy, his favorite stripper at the club, to whom he shows a special kindness. Various criminals for whom he is a street mercenary.
• Physical Description: A huge man with a thin mustache and a crumply choclate-brown suit. His skin is wrinkled and leathery, stretching morbidly with his brick-toothed smile. His shoes are always clean, except when he's on the job.
>>
>>47574265
Isnt part of the definition if a mary sue conflicting with the expectations if the setting?
>>
>>47574520
i get a no country for old men vibe off of this, nice
>>
File: SKELETON WARRIORS.jpg (79 KB, 600x540) Image search: [Google]
SKELETON WARRIORS.jpg
79 KB, 600x540
>>47574382
>party face
>tfw eternally the party face in my group no matter what

i like it, anon. especially the way the immediate environment kind of follows her lead. pretty slick portrait too
>>
Do you try to make your characters names meaningful, or generally just give them a name you think sounds cool?
>>
>>47574728
Both when possible, if I can't do both I want it to sound cool.
>>
>>47574728
It varies, most of the time I just come up with something random and hope that it works. Like Setyat, Moras etc.
>>
File: AslaugNoble.jpg (149 KB, 1000x1400) Image search: [Google]
AslaugNoble.jpg
149 KB, 1000x1400
“Ay am Romund af Aslaug,” he said to the quiet, white-haired elf with whom he shared a tavern’s fireplace. “Ay was dere fahr de slayung af de Nordern dragund, as you wehr.”

She had seen him there. Where the paladin charged its head and broke his arms, while archers flung frail arrow after arrow, Romund snuck around the flank and charged his halberd into its ribcage three times, hiding under its wing, and pierced the beast’s heart with the final thrust.

She thought him to be a friendly drunkard oaf, and offered him enough respect to keep him happy. But as the night went on, she found it difficult to leave her chair and go back to camp. His exuberance to socialize was simply infectious, and she found herself smiling for the first time in weeks.

A few days after their meeting, she found him in the unkempt graves outside of the town. He was wearing outrageously flamboyant clothes of silk, with gemstones in the cuffs and multi-colored sashes wrapped around the waist of his yellow jacket, and blue-striped breeches that hid inside of boots inlined with fur. He was on his knees, his clothes covered in filth and tattered from labor, piles and piles of ugly weeds and dandelions piled up around him. He was angry.

“De graves,” he said, struggling back a choked anger in his voice. “Dey are lef tu ruin.”

He put his hand on the gravestone, touching it with sacred respect, and underlining the faded letters with his palm. “Dey haf forgotten de person who sleeps here. A stranger like me es de only company de haf.” His hands went into fists, and he couldn’t look at her.

“It es shameful.”

>continued
>>
>>47574382
Hey Bog Roll, cool to see you here.
>>
File: AslaugNobleman.jpg (836 KB, 852x1100) Image search: [Google]
AslaugNobleman.jpg
836 KB, 852x1100
>>47574769
A storm was coming. He offered, and then pleaded with her to come spend the night in a friend’s manor. Though she was unused to civilized amenities, she saw that it would give him comfort and accepted. On the way there, she could not help but ask why he was being so open towards her, and expressive - where she came from, these sorts of displays were private.

He looked at her in surprise. “Becahs you ahr my friend,” he said. With that, the matter was settled.

As the weeks came by, she came to learn that he was not a stupid man, but a man burning alive with passions. He saw tragedies and victories in everything - in living smiles and empty graveyards, burning fires and dead candles, bountiful nature and dead grass. She enjoyed his company - though she didn't’ speak much, she could listen well, and that’s what she did for him.

But one day, through a mixture of curiosity and concern, she couldn’t help but ask. “Why do you care about these things, Romund? And why do you place in me your trust as a friend, when we’ve not known each other very long?”

He reached out, and asked to see her hands. Surprised, she offered them to him. He placed a gold coin in her hands and guided them together as though she were praying, with his larger and stronger hands folding over hers. Then, in a voice so quiet that it stole away his accent, he spoke.
>>
File: AslaugCitizen.jpg (243 KB, 650x977) Image search: [Google]
AslaugCitizen.jpg
243 KB, 650x977
>>47574773
"You are my friend - and thus I am your vanguard.
I will not abandon you in moments dire.
I will throw my life upon the blade and forbid it from touching yours.
Our heads lay in the same pillow, our souls dance in the same song.
If I should outlive you, the mourning will be without end.
Yet if you should survive me, I only hope you may smile again.

Should your arms break, I will be your hands.
Should your eyes dull, I will guide you.
Should your legs stumble, I will carry you.
Should your heart tremble, I will empower you.

May ever we be prosperous, and our hoard large.
But even when our coffers are empty,
and our clothes are but rags,
and our swords dulled to ore,
I will bear your burdens
and carry mirth to your door."

His hands moved from hers, leaving the coin in her hands and her eyes wide in the realization that he had never needed a reason to care.

>short-story used to end a design document on Aslaug
>>
>>47574728

I don't think I've ever NOT done this, I always hope the people I play with don't mind my name shenanigans.
>>
>>47574382
So um, uh, Bog Roll-senpai would you maybe change Risa's cat tail to be more sleek and futuristic? She's actually fairly rich and bought top of the line rather than something in a back alley. I didn't explain that last time because I was afraid of being rude after getting such a good delivery.

She's romanticized the punk life but doesn't really get it until she realizes people are actually trying to kill her and she hasn't slept in three days and the only guy trying to protect her from the mega corps is probably the world's most wanted man.
>>
>>47574728
I try for cool.
>Aklas Kennedy
>Vel Humbly
>Romund
>Murtag
>Strides-With-Salt

Especially proud of Strides-With-Salt though. He was an Argonian sailor in a TES setting but the name took on a double-meaning when he became party face and was the most confident person in the group
>>
>>47574863
Tsk tsk anon. Bad form.
>>
>>47574728
>Sir John Louis-George Jaggery of Broken Hills, Oregon

something something Don Quixote something something royal names something something rolls off the tongue amazingly well
>>
>>47574382
Nice, we're racking up a couple of lady tieflings now. Always had a soft spot for those.
>>
>>47574875
No pointless bullying

The post was polite and relatively thread relevant to boot.
>>
File: setyat.jpg (188 KB, 900x1000) Image search: [Google]
setyat.jpg
188 KB, 900x1000
>>47574915
I guess I should repost this one then.

Her name is Setyat and she's a bookish tiefling that wants to somewhere in the future read as much exotic, secret or forbidden books as possible. She isn't really ready for the adventuring life just yet, but she'll get there hopefully. Saxon really did capture the character really well, from to be honest a pretty vague description of her.
>>
File: atos.jpg (130 KB, 755x780) Image search: [Google]
atos.jpg
130 KB, 755x780
Atos Gulfevere
• Role(s): Rouge trying very hard to become a paladin.
• Goals: To escape his life of monster-hunting and become a lawman.
• Traits:Well learned in all the laws of nearly every nearby land. He is unclever with words or wit, so instead likes to rely on body language and actions to convey himself. He treats the law with the sanctity of a holy text and will not tolerate the ignorance or dismissal of it. He is fearless to a fault, either hunting monsters or facing down men, but wishes to become an inspector for his nation's military-police institution. Of all things, he is a master investigator and judge of character, despite his own social flaws.
• Flaws: Uncompromising. Has provoked countless confrontations with lawbreakers even when outnumbered, though at least he doesn't complain when he's recovering in the aftermath. He holds incredible grudges and is very judgmental of the people around him.
• Allies: The Military-Lawmen of Franza, The School of Cryptozoology
• Enemies: Countless deserters and criminals in nearly every city in Messer
• Other Relations: The other Cryptozoologists in his party. They are colleagues, not friends.
• Physical Description: A very morose and somber teifling wearing a Cuirassier uniform; a simple metal cuirass over a blue military jacket, and a pair of white trousers that go down to his cloven feet. He carries a straight saber in one hand, and a flintlock pistol in the other.
>>
>>47575123
>rogue trying to become a paladin

What's the story there?
>>
>>47575146
He was born in an institution dedicated entirely to hunting monsters and unnatural beasts, being pigeonholed into the specialization of a skirmisher - training in both firearms and swords, along with alchemical explosives and intensive study into monster behavior. When he was finally put out into the world, he found the aimless wandering for work to be maddening to the point that he gave up and quietly settled into a village for eight years as a bodyguard for a tavern.

A lawman came to town while travelling and discovered that the Elder had been making arrangements to sell the populace into slavery. In a flashy public display the lawmen revealed a harrowing detective's tale of how he came to discover this and apprehend the people responsible, before taking them to the capital to face judgement.

Atos personally was not very involved in the proceedings, but the idea of justice so easily being systemized into black and white - law vs. lawlessness - and offering such a simple and swift solution to complicated problems struck a hard chord with him. Now he's decided to wander the land and start monster-hunting for the next two years, hoping to build an impressive-enough resume so that he may apply for an Inspector's position himself. He doesn't wish to LITERALLY be a paladin, but his belief in the law and the systems of law is so absolute that it is the most apt comparison available.
>>
>>47575358
I like it!
>>
>>47573749
>>47573794
>>47574243
Doesn't have to get that stong that fast, could start with the classic "summon animals", which upgrades to "summon more/swarms of animals" later, as well as getting spells like "darkness" and "inflict disease" that can also get better at higher levels. Also a staff that transforms into a small snake and later up to larger snakes and crocodiles, because translation debates
>>
>>47574728
I try my best to have it be both, but sometimes I can't do cool so I go with funny. For example, a VERY in-progress character I've got is a bard called Feenie Nix from the Phoenix, obvisly, which isn't his actual name, but a stage name for when he entertains children with his stories. He's actually an undertaker by trade, most of his stories involve the people he's worked on, and tries to see if the audience can tell which stories are actually true about them. Medieval age, people died in a lot of odd ways sometimes.
He likes to think his stories give a bit of new life to his "patients", hence the name.
>>
>>47571688
Well, Keltar looked interesting from his portrait so I wanted to see what you did up for him, though I'd be most grateful if you were to review mine as well. From the looks of things, Sulibres is not too interesting to people thus far. >>47561236
>>
>>47574382
Thanks again for her art!

Has the aura ability come up in play at all, especially while Alyss was trying to face?

I'm getting an almost John Marston vibe from her going after her old gang. Do you think she might try to reform or just be less insane than her old boss?
>>
>>47574728
I often use plays on words and stories, like the exiled healing mage being called Eisenbarth (in reference to a german song about a doctor who "heals" a toothache, by shooting the tooth out with a pistol and the like), or the siege engineer, for whom I randomly got the last name Mauernbrecher (Wall breaker), who jokes about that being the reason for his choice of occupation.

Altough it varies on the tone of the game. Sometimes, especially high fantasy and the like, it fits better. But in a more grimy game, well, a john doe doesn't need a special name.
>>
Jesus, where are ya'll getting this fantastic character art?
>>
>>47574728
It depends. I stall when coming up with names and normally have to work from a generator, though if I have a certain background or theme in mind I'll take time to do some research.
>>
File: tumblr_o4cjtgyucu1sazby5o1_1280.jpg (62 KB, 600x1123) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o4cjtgyucu1sazby5o1_1280.jpg
62 KB, 600x1123
>>47577006
Some of it is from drawthreads, but other times you can just find stuff online or in character art threads. I have a pretty large folder for character art myself, but google can be your best friend if you know what to look for.
>>
File: cabin_in_the_woods_by_fel_x.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
cabin_in_the_woods_by_fel_x.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>47560067 >>47546224
Thug Story time? Thug story time!
Thug and the Flower Lady

Thug was born into violence, competition, and death. He lived blood and steel for years before he ever tasted the sweet air of freedom. The smell of freedom was one he promised himself he would always cherish. The world had so many smells, so much more than the copper tang of blood, the stink of oil, and the odor of rotting flesh and he wanted to find all of the things out there in the wide world that smelled better.

The early dawn light trickled over the treetops just east of the small clearing as Thug carefully picked his way through the field, trying not to crush any of the flowers or other plants. He'd found this small clearing the night before and decided to journey to it while his comrades rested not far away. The smell of it all mixing together into one overpoweringly heady scent made Thug grin as he finally stopped and sat in the center of the flowery field. This was his peace, his freedom. He would enjoy it until the sun rose fully.

He sat silently with his eyes closed, surrounded by tulips, daisies, dandelions, primroses, and other assorted wildflowers. He sat there blissfully unaware of his surroundings until without any forewarning a soft feminine voice spoke to him, he had not even heard their approach.

"A strange sight I must confess to find one such as you in a place such as this, yet I do not sense ill intent." The woman's voice was soft and sweet, like the soft babble of brook. Thug opened his eyes and beheld the woman curiously. She was not large but her frame was toned like that of a woodland survivalist. She wore a simple gown of light material that hung loosely and her hair was wild and long. She crept before Thug and slowly sat, "Tell me creature why do you come to this place?"

Thug answered simply and truthfully, "Thug like flowers, smell good. Make Thug not think." He adjusted, not sure of he had invaded someones garden or some other trespass...
>>
File: d5hdduv.jpg (665 KB, 669x900) Image search: [Google]
d5hdduv.jpg
665 KB, 669x900
>>47577621
The woman smirked softly "Yes, thinking can be quite problematic." She then offered Thug a small brush. "Will you help a lonely woman, Thug? It has been some time and I fear my hair will fall out if neglected any longer." She slowly tuned about after a nod from Thug so her long hair hung before him.

Thug started ever so carefully running the small brush through the woman's hair. The tool felt tiny in his hands. "Thug not hear you come and you not smell like other Humans. Smell like earth and plant. You different." He kept working diligently, the woman's hair was a mess and small sticks and twigs had to be picked out now and then.

"I am different," said the woman, "but also the same. We are all lost children wandering this world in search of something. I have simply found something that I believe worth my time." She stayed still the entire time as the two continued to chat about the journey called life.

Thug would never see the flower lady again but he still remembered her. She was different but the same as him. Travelers on a long road that only had one end.
>>
Gotta keep the thread alive with a bump
>>
Reposting form an older thread with some updates.

• Name: Vadania bint Shava el-Thiavetho is her full name only used in formal settings. She goes by Vadi.
• Goals: To bring back the splendor of her peoples once great & shining empire. Bring respect back to her family name.
• Traits: Highly determined. Willing to do whatever she must to accomplish her goals. Survivalist. Capable with a blade.
• Flaws: Brash and prone to getting into dangerous situations. Thinks harshly of those who have had comfortable lives.
• Other Relations: Her parents & siblings she left to go on her pilgrimage.
• Physical Description: Tall & well muscled. Sun-kissed dark complexion. Eyes the color of liquid gold. Long raven hair is usually kept up in a braid or ponytail. She dresses as the climate requires to protect herself from the harsh sun and desert wind. She has a small bust, shapely hips/thighs, & powerful legs.

• Backstory: Vadania was born into a shamed family. Her ancestors a thousand years ago ruled over the sands from atop a great empire but the empire fell in a great calamity brought upon it by the then Queen. Vadania decided once she was an adult she would prove all of those who shamed her family wrong and find the long lost city someday. So not long after her 100th year she set off on a pilgrimage into the desert in search of Thiavetho, the city that had sunk beneath the sands. She spent over a year wandering the deserts in search of clues and when she had lost her way and thought she might fail in her quest she found it. She was saved by an ancient creature that dwells within the sunken ruins. After recovering she found this Lich to be the accursed ancestor of legend, trapped within the ruins by her remorse at what she had done for all of the thousand years since. Vadania made a pact with her Ancestor and set out with instructions on how they might resurrect Thiavetho once more.
>>
Q&A Character Development Bump

Given the original reference, probably Olivia Thirlby.

Cigarettes and a notoriously lightweight drinker.

>If your OC could watch any movie available today, which one would be their favorite, and why?
Scott Pilgrim because its mix of battle of the bands and outrageous battles royale would be a hilariously outdated take on her daily life.

>Which tarot card best reflects your OC?
The knight of cups. Emotional and romantic, Wren's also concealing her true identity and hasn't mastered keeping a level head on a job yet if something comes up she cares about.
>>
File: Keth.jpg (4 MB, 1954x3494) Image search: [Google]
Keth.jpg
4 MB, 1954x3494
Ketharuil, goes by Keth.
His goals are in flux, since he and his party have stopped two elder evils already. Currently, he mainly wants to right wrongs, and spread freedom wherever he can. He's considering taking a temporary retirement to raise his daughter.

At the point we are in his campaign, he's already a very accomplished cleric, and was made a saint by his goddess. He is virtuous and kind, and has used all his money made adventuring to help the weak and needy, having taken a vow of poverty early on in his life.

He's not perfect, however. He often times will put his beliefs before others, and is quick to argue with those who don't share his beliefs. He also, forgive the pun, acts holier than thou at times.

His family is almost exclusively his parents, as they moved from his racial homeland long ago, but his grandmother would occasionally visit, and tell him stories of his culture. His wife one of his many adventuring companions.

While he has few enemies beyond the greater scope of evil, he has a large number of allies, first and foremost his party. While he has argued with them on the topics of morality on many occasions, predominantly the LN wizard; since they started their journey, most if not all have turned good. His closest companion besides his wife would be the neutral good former Illithid psion, who has recently mind swapped with a half celestial dire polar bear, whom has a hero complex.

While physically hardy, Keth could be pushed around by a light breeze, physical strength not being his strong suit. His feathers are white, and he has a radiant glow about him.
>>
>>47574586

I'm pretty sure a Mary Sue is just a character that shows up in a story and makes everything about them. The plot revolves around them, everyone knows them, they are the most important person.

Anything else is just people misusing the term.
>>
File: huse.jpg (2 MB, 3300x2475) Image search: [Google]
huse.jpg
2 MB, 3300x2475
Posting a real quick write up of Wellyn's backstory.

Wellyn was born of a poor commoner family in a village of the cold north. When he was young his older brother grew sick, and was not expected to survive the winter. The family knew of an old woman who lived secluded in a frosty glen nearby, and rumor had told that she could cure any illness for a price.
The family brought the two children to the woman, as they knew the trade was even, one life for another. The old woman felt pity on the younger sibling whose parents had so ruthlessly chosen one child's life over the other.

They were instructed to take the the younger sibling to a nearby frosted river, and cast him in. They were never to return to the woman, or lay eyes on the glen again, and with that deal, the transaction was complete.
The old woman waited nearby, and retrieved the child from the river, near death and cold of heart. She brought him into her home, warmed him by the fire, taught him of the land and the magics that surrounded it. Each day he grew stronger and stronger until he was a healthy and happy young man.

As for his family, the brother continued to wither, until the last vestiges of life left him. He passed from this world to the next after a mere few months. The parents stricken with grief left the village and were never heard from again.
>>
File: 1464738925693.jpg (28 KB, 350x454) Image search: [Google]
1464738925693.jpg
28 KB, 350x454
Five Extra Character Development Questions:

1. What is your character's ideal world?

2. What is your character carrying on them right now?

3. What would your character's bedroom look like?

4. What is the most embarrassing thing to happen to your character?

(Morrowind-esque question)

5. Your character is in a kitchen when they notice a scalding hot pipe about to swipe down on an old man - they don't know this man or have any prior opinion of him - what do they do, or what do they not do?
>>
>>47583318
That's... Really awesome. Some brothers Grimm shit. That's a compliment, by the way.
>>
>>47574520
"Good evenin- no, please, sit. This won't take long, not long at all "
>>
>>47583318

Damn son that's cold.
>>
>>47581635
>>47583335
1. Keth's ideal world is one of peace, and freedom. No laws restricting people, just being good because they want to. A unrealistic dream, but still his.
2. He has simple spear he crafted himself, his clothes, and his wooden holy symbol his friend carved for him when his was destroyed.
3. His bedroom would be simple, with few decorations. Glass is the main craft of his homeland, so handmade stained glass windows, and such. Holy texts. And his wife's stuff.
4. There have been a lot. But likely when a succubus who tricked him told his parents that they were married.
5. He would take the blow without a second thought. He assumes that everyone at least has the capacity for good, and self sacrifice is almost second nature to him.
>>
>>47564106
>>47583335

1. He's never thought about it, hes very much a man in the moment. Living from one adventure to the next. If he were to give it some thought, he wouldn't care much for the future, so literally any future wouldn't bother him too much.

2. A 'necklace' of drow ears, his trusty longsword, his dice set and an insignia ring of his army company.

3. Very definition of a murderhobo - he has no room. His tent that he usually sleeps in is just a near assortment of arms and armour + other belongings. Staying in temporary lodging also has the same format.

4. Losing 5 sets of dice in 1 sitting. A shameful display.

5. He'd save the poor man. Shout watch out and rush to him with the attempt to pull/push him out of the way. Claius is mean, but not bad.
>>
>>47583240
Anon, thats just a main character
>>
File: 14567753602699.jpg (410 KB, 1574x1090) Image search: [Google]
14567753602699.jpg
410 KB, 1574x1090
>>47583335
this is for Mary!

1: a world where everyone was happy and was friends!

2: not much, mary only really has her staff and her books.

3: very very simple, her parents didnt want her having many toys or anything, so it was mostly filled with books, plants, and other simple things.

4: oh...well....she did recently touch herself for the first time when her teammates there asleep next to her. BUT SHE DIDN'T KNOW WHAT SHE WAS DOING!

5: Mary would cast Mage hand and try and protect him!
>>
>>47583335
>Arallios
1. Eternal forest with both streams and prey creatures abound so that death by animal and starvation would be very unlikely.
2. Basic longsword he took off a dead guy pre-campaign, magic armor that can look like other armor and clothes, magic bow that makes shots into fire arrows, magic quiver of ten arrows that takes a minute to regrow an arrow, oak pendant from his father, magic amulet that lets him shapeshift to an extent, sun medallion that protects from undead, and bag of holding with most of his other stuff, like change of clothes, food rations, climbing gloves, bag of cash, and a hundred feet of rope.
3. A pillow and a large blanket. He was taught that nature won't care about your comfort so he doesn't prioritize it, and it gives him plenty of empty space to take BoH inventory with. Also the bard prefers to share her bed with him anyway, so it's more a claim of sanctuary than any sort of lodging.
4. He jumped himself and the bard to a different plane without having their currency. She was able to sing them lodging, but the entire thing made him feel grossly incompetent.
5. Tackles the guy, then tries to fix him up as best he can in apology. Alternatively, he bodyblocks the pipe and tells the old man to move so his burns don't become worse than they're already getting. He's not a masochist, he just doesn't worry about pain until it kills him. Besides, he did the same thing with basilisks, a hot pipe ain't got shit on that.
>>
>>47583590

A main character can be a mary sue. By definition Drizzt is a mary sue. Skye/Daisy from agents of shield tv show is mary sue.
>>
File: 1461860934127.jpg (71 KB, 736x414) Image search: [Google]
1461860934127.jpg
71 KB, 736x414
>>47583335

>1. What is your character's ideal world?
Wellyn would probably enjoy a world where knowledge is far more important to an individuals standing than birth or brawn.

>2. What is your character carrying on them right now?
His spellbook, a shortsword, a variety of reagents and herbs for cooking and alchemy, a variety of other books, grimoires and journals, a sleeping bag, and a variety of alcohol among other smaller possessions.

>3. What would your character's bedroom look like?
Nothing too crazy. Bed, a nice view out the window, a book case, maybe a cupboard of beverages.

>4. What is the most embarrassing thing to happen to your character?
Probably the time a spell misfired and burnt most his hair, eyebrows, and fingernails off.

>5. Your character is in a kitchen when they notice a scalding hot pipe about to swipe down on an old man - they don't know this man or have any prior opinion of him - what do they do, or what do they not do?

Call out to him but make no attempt to put himself in harms way. This man is a stranger and if he's to be injured by the pipe then so be it.
>>
File: infographic.jpg (362 KB, 684x800) Image search: [Google]
infographic.jpg
362 KB, 684x800
>>47583335
A world where all people are treated as people, regardless of their standing, slave or no.

A magical quiver packed with staffs, wands, and rods, a stationary kit for taking diction, and a dagger with a diamond encrusted hilt, a gift from her master.

On the larger side in shades of white and gold. There is a large window overlooking the cliffs and sea, and the walls are adorned with pressed flowers, drawings, and bookshelves.

Accidentally calling Seeker Arkilles by her pet name for him in front of the rest of the crew. She got really flustered and just had to suddenly turn and leave when she realized.

>5. Your character is in a kitchen when they notice a scalding hot pipe about to swipe down on an old man - they don't know this man or have any prior opinion of him - what do they do, or what do they not do?
Luckily Naeva is incredibly gifted in telekinesis! She would obviously stop the incident and take car of the pipe (probably with the old man never knowing wiser)
>>
File: 4oRmXPf[1].jpg (89 KB, 600x864) Image search: [Google]
4oRmXPf[1].jpg
89 KB, 600x864
Winslow
• Role(s): Sniper
• Goals: Settle all of his debts so he can retire
• Traits Quiet and patient. Likes to gamble on horse races, and drive fast. Constantly feeds stray animals, much to the chargin of his landlord. Is actually Quebecois, not French.
• Flaws: Mumbles way too much. Seems to have a constant cold. Always complaining about the temperature and the weather. Can only communicate in French and sign language, knows how to read and write English. Deathly afraid of lakes, rivers, swamps, and oceans.
• Enemies: Chicago Police Department
• Other Relations: Various criminals who he owes favors and money.
• Physical Description: A lanky red-nosed Canadian wearing a clandestine black coat and peaked gray hat. His skin is tan, with a touch of yellowish complexion, and his eyes are oily black and sharp. He is tall, and moves clumsily in relaxed situations.
>>
>>47583335
Doran, the druid and owl-interpreter from a previous thread.

1. A world that isn't quite as dead and desolate as the one he is living in. He wants to restore at least some of the land to the way it was before it was devastated by powerful magic during a war in the distant past.

2. A hammer that can turn anything it strikes with enough force into gold. He is currently holding on to it because the hammer's very existence has caused the rest of his group to lose their minds. Even more so than usual, anyway. One dwarf in particular is an insanely gold-obsessed stereotype that wants to destroy the hammer out of fear that it might cause inflation. As far as the dwarf is concerned, the death of pretty much everyone else in the world would be preferable to inflation.

The hammer became the source of much bickering in the group, until Doran took it and held on to it for the five minutes needed for the entire rest of the group to forget that it existed. This allowed the adventure to continue.

3. Normally he sleeps outdoors, but when he does sleep inside he has a talent for getting dirt and twigs everywhere.

4. Accidentally knocked up a dryad's swamp. Not the dryad, the swamp. Ended up unintentionally fathering an army of mushroom men that tried to invade nearby towns, along with a giant plant dragon.

5. Summon vine, pull old man out of harm's way.
>>
>>47583335
Extending Turin >>47562707.
>1.
One where his parents are returned to their rightful place in the court they say they're from, the black knight and darkness no longer threatens the land, and he's the quintessential paladin.
>2.
His notes on spellcasting, a personal journal, a coinbag, an inherited rapier.
>3.
Neat, almost questionably so. He doesn't want anyone to come into his room and pick up anything questionable, because:
>4.
As he was raised as a paladin, he was taught to treat women with respect, but had questions about the female sex regardless. What does a scholar do when he wants to learn something? He goes to the library, of course!
So he picks out this inconspicuous-looking book in the adult reading section that speaks about the relationships between husband and wife, and brings it back to the dormitories (his order basically had unlimited access to the local library as part of being a student).
When he comes back, he's called off to do something else and leaves the book in his room assuming it's just difficult reading that he'll have the time to read later. A friend comes looking for him and the true nature of the book is revealed.
He gets his ear chewed off for a week and a few nasty rumors spread about him.
>5
He uses magic or his rapier to block it, or if he can't he stops the pipe himself- he can heal later.
>>
>>47586106
>4.

Explain.
>>
>>47556815
Name: Aeric (originally Eric) Mason
Role(s): Support, melee, face, finace manager
Goals: Get enough gp to become a merchant again
Traits: Generally good, willing to help for a fairly low price
Flaws: obsessed with procuring gold on levels just below "Jew"
Allies: Vizi (female dwarf fighter), Larry (human cleric), Bobby (high elf ranger)
Enemies: The Inquisition. Due to his wizardry, he is hunted by the Inquisition, which was set up after the Great War, in which a Necromancer tried to take over the world.
Other relations: Some friends at the Wizard's College, friendly with village he helped save from gobbo attack
Physical Description: Somewhat tall, muscular, lightly tanned, brown hair and eyes.
>>
File: armorbro.png (232 KB, 687x894) Image search: [Google]
armorbro.png
232 KB, 687x894
• Name: Nikolay
• Role(s): Tank, party mega bro.
• Goals: Find friends who he can actually call bros. Get glory in the name of Kurgess (or similar god)
• Traits: Bro, fratbro level. Will go any lengths for his friends, even sacrificing his life with no doubt. Sturdy and robust, is a lot smarter than what he seems to be and respects intellect greatly. Strives for to be "The bro you can always rely on" in any situation.
• Flaws: Obnoxiously overprotective of his friends in "new situations", can be a bit hyperactive to the point that it irritates people. He is extremely bad with the ladies (trying to be romantic or similar). No respect for authority or systems other than training disciplines and other "personal" restrictions. Generally very unpolite and too forward.
• Allies: Future party, his old bros from a mercenary band that stepped down to become non-lethal peace keepers.
• Enemies: None yet.
• Other Relations: His parents who he has no memory of, but did have a proper upraising with.
• Physical Description: As the picture, he's a really /fit/ dude who never ever can or will remove his helmet (to a comical level). He's usually armored but likes walking around like pic related when he's relaxing or chilling with bros. And yes, his abs glisten in the sun. Has a couple of very large scars on his back, like if a monster with a huge claw slashed him deep.
>>
I'm up for doing some requests... with a couple of conditions. I'm in a sadistic mood. Give me Breakdowns, pained/wounded, stricken with grief, Had some bad shit happen to your character? I want to draw it! Seems like it would be an interesting thing to practise with. will probably be sketchy upper torso/busts.

>>47574657
I Like it. May get sick of it a some point but being the face of a party of horrible bastards tends to play fairly straightforwardly.

>>47574773
Ey up, whomever you are!

>>47574863
sure thing, I'll try to sort it on the weekend. Remind me if you see me about and I have not done it yet.

>>47576502
You're welcome, was fun drawing it.

We are only a few sessions in so not much opportunity for it to come up yet. the NPC interactions out side of scrapping have been fairly low key so it has not brought it out much yet. We figured it would manifest only with some of the more stronger emotions.

I had not considered the John Marston angle, though I do like the comparison. She is most interested in getting the gang back to doing what they did best, robbing rich cunts on the road! The leader at the moment has got the gang involved into some kind of conspiracy with the hill folk (normally disorganised) capturing people on the road. Tied into this is presumably some sort of flesh crafter who is fusing plates of armour to abominations that fight along side the hill folk. She is finding a trail of dead past comrades along the way so there may not be much of a gang to save any more.
>>
>>47587437
This character >>47557378 was at her gradutaion celebration from her paladin training, and her best friend was supposed to be there and could not be found because she had gotten too drunk and left to go sleep with someone.

Feel free to pass it though, this character has gotten quite a bit of attention already.
>>
>>47587539
I realized there's no request in there lol, what I was hoping for is her in a nice medieval officer looking uniform, looking around desperately trying to find the one person she cares for.
>>
>>47587539
When Julia and Frankie did the deed?
>>
>>47587663
That's correct, but I don't think most people in the thread know about that and I don't want to eat up a whole bunch of posts explaining.
>>
>>47587674
Is there some link I'm missing? Was there another smutfic?
>>
>>47587690
No, it was in the Discord.
>>
>>47583716
A Mary Sue is specifically a character that warps or defies the expectations of the setting and breaks previously established "rules". So while they both qualify, for Drizzt its because he was the first mainstream good drow, and for Skye because she was the first "human" 084. But, people will gladly apply the term to any main character they don't like. Some overlap with Special Snowflake.
>>
>>47587539
>>47587546
I cant picture the expression have you got an example I can reference?

No promises, because I want to see if anyone else has any requests.
>>
>>47587745
Something like this as she looks around?

And yeah, I get it. No worries, just figured if you were offering I'd try.
>>
>>47587437
Aight. On his second session my character - Asteth, a lamia - jumped in front of an angry mob to help a wounded party member, taking a heavy beating in the process. Maybe, hunched over protectively, his face bleeding and badly bruised, baring his (snake)fangs in an angry snarl?
>>
File: 1464387669542.jpg (234 KB, 927x1400) Image search: [Google]
1464387669542.jpg
234 KB, 927x1400
>Name
Luvos Nichto
>Role
Planar Diplomat, Demon Enthusiast
>Goals
To remain on the forefront of knowledge, exploration, and change. Luvos is in the process of writing a series of encyclopedias of planar knowledge. To inspire awe and terror in his wizarding peers.
>Traits
Luvos has little respect for conventions. He enjoys the fleeting nature of comprehension and knowledge and more enjoys the hunt for knowledge itself.
>Flaws
In addition to having little respect for tradition, Luvos is known to overlook most moral stipulations of his comrades. He is prone to doubting the intelligence of others and to put the pursuit of knowledge above all else. He has picked up the habit of introducing himself in fancier and fancier nonsensical titles.

I would cast Michael Fassbender for that iciness and also because I think he'd be great for a character who drones on about how no one really knows anything most of the time.

If I had to nail down one vice I guess envy, he feels like he's the smartest person in ever room but simultaneously that everyone knows something he doesn't.
>>
>>47587952
>If I had to nail down one vice I guess envy, he feels like he's the smartest person in ever room but simultaneously that everyone knows something he doesn't.

That one's pretty good.
>>
>>47587957
Thanks, dude, it's funny how sometimes flaws can be a bigger defining quality of a character than their merits.
>>
>>47588030
Oh easily. You get to see what really makes the weak, what makes them vulnerable and (by extension) believable.
>>
>>47587695
Could you summarise it or post logs in a pastebin or something?
>>
>>47588203
I'll keep it condensed to one post. (this first part is for those unfamiliar with the characters in question) Charlotte has been secretly dating Julia, a guard, for a few years leading up to her graduation as a new Paladin. Frankie is a qt3.14 chef for the Baron's manor. At Charlotte's ceremony, she tries to maneuver through the crowds and find Julia, her best friend and lover, who must be so proud of her (since she didn't study as hard as she should have been until crunch time). She can't find her because she doesn't know that Julia received her orders for deployment and leaves in the morning, so she got hammered at the celebration before Charlotte was released with the other graduates. Frankie got drunk at the celebration because she can.

So when Julia and Frankie wake up at the latter's house the next day, they realize what they did (Frankie swings both ways), and they agree to keep Charlotte in the dark. Julia deploys, and Charlotte only knows that her best friend was gone during her special moment.
>>
>>47588236
That's... actually pretty crushing...
>>
>>47588267
I know, but I think it will promote a really good character moment should she ever find out.
>>
>>47588273
How do you think Char would react in that situation? How would Jules?
>>
>>47588292
Charlotte would be very upset and distressed for a while, but I believe she would come around. Sooner, if Julia confessed instead of Charlotte finding out some other way.
>>
File: the cutest squid human .png (171 KB, 400x1024) Image search: [Google]
the cutest squid human .png
171 KB, 400x1024
>>47556815
I can't draw very well so excuse the shittiness.
This character is from my first campaign that I literally just started with a few friends. We're a few sessions in so I don't really have true feel for his character but I'm loving it right now at least.

• Name: Bruniyfirvatn, Bruni, Squiddeus Kiddeus
• Role(s): Tiny Cleric
• Goals: To travel the world and experience what it feels like to truly be alive.
• Traits: He's extremely crafty and likes to play pranks on his party members. He tends to also get upset whenever he's scolded and can often burst into tears if messed with enough.
• Flaws: While he usually is rather cautious, his tendency to lie can often put the party in dangerous situations. He's also extremely squishy and can be taken out easily if not protected by a party member.
• Allies: Mason the Goliath Berserker, Bryan the Human Paladin, Alex the Elven Rogue and Arcanus the Human Wizard.
• Enemies: His hometown, especially his parents. Basically a whole town of Jehovah's Witness-esque cultists.
• Other Relations: Sól the Squid-Human Rogue/Ranger, Leah the Human Cleric/Beserker and Lilie the Half-Elven Druid/Monk.
• Physical Description: Short. Very short. Small in stature, and childish in build. Has a bandanna tied around his neck which changes the hair color of the wearer depending on what color the cloth is. Doesn't like wearing much armor if any, as he feels it holds him down. I mean he's wearing chain in the campaign but I can't really draw it so oops. Normally attacks with whips for close range and chakrams for long range.

oh he also has a cheap-looking water gun that has an unlimited supply of water that he can use to travel through the ground.
excuse the Splatoon-esque autism.
>>
>>47588769
I can't wait until you get some time under your belt and then you remember this character.
>>
>>47588769
nigga that's kawaii as fuck

who is he cleric of?
>>
>>47588769
If you drew that, you're actually pretty decent.
>>
>>47588769
Just asking Would he wear a maid outfit? Or anything.. frilly?
>>
>>47588781
Yeah, I'm going to cringe.
Though, this started with me sketching squid people and my friend offering to make a race for me if I played D&D with him.
I'm surprised it got this far.

>>47588800
Thanks dude.
A deity called Eden, who represents truth and lies, the balance between the two. A homebrew thing my DM thought up apparently.
>>47588808
Yeah, I drew it. Thanks.
I'm not really used to tablets so eh.
>>47588835
If you paid him he might.
maybe.
>>
>>47588944
I'm sorry, I didn't mean as a cringey experience, though that may happen anyway. I meant when you're a few years into tabletop and you've been in a few different campaigns, and then you remember the first.

It's really fun to look back on.
>>
>>47588944
DESU, it's not as near as cringey as I thought he would be first, after reading the entire post though I quite like him.

Aw, well. Nikolay probably spent all his money already on something totally unnecessary and dumb.
>>
File: tristramcookin.jpg (173 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
tristramcookin.jpg
173 KB, 640x480
>>47583335

The world is as the Lord made it - to speculate on improving it's design is hubris. He can only strive to be an ideal person - noble, kind and just.

Besides his weapon/shield - some holy water, a prayer book, incense, some candles. A gold chain adorned with the symbol of the golden wheel (his holy symbol and a family heirloom).

Austere. Double bed with foot chest, a small alcove shrine, maybe a simple desk. A potted herb on the windowsill. A tapestry on the wall depicting the Bellegarde coat-of-arms.

Doing a dramatic leap to protect an NPC from a thrown trident - from much too far away and subsequently landing flat on his face.

Protect the old man (pic related) until he is away from harm, then find the owner and scold him for letting such a thing happen.

That first question was a good one, really got me thinking.
>>
>>47589008
Very nice, and art to match? Jelly.
>>
>>47564106
>forcedelf.jpg
>worst post in the entire thread

Like pottery.
>>
>>47588969
oh.
Don't be sorry, I'm stupid.
But yeah, I'll be happy to be able to look back at this character later on.
and accept any cringe that comes with it
>>47588997
oh woo.
I'm glad you like him.
Bruni's the same, horrible with money and likes buying the most unnecessary things.
>>
File: waifu-do-you-think-you-are.jpg (122 KB, 500x377) Image search: [Google]
waifu-do-you-think-you-are.jpg
122 KB, 500x377
>>47583335
>What is your character's ideal world?
One where everyone gets along to a degree, and large scale conflicts rarely (if ever) crop up.

>What is your character carrying on them right now?
Her sword, commissioned for her by a close friend as a gift, and in her pockets/pouches some love letters, healing ointments and ceremonial herbs. A symbol if the church hangs haphazardly from a makeshit holster.

>What would your character's bedroom look like?
It has a nice soft bed with curtains around it, and a dresser with a vanity mirror, one leg of which shows some minor damage on close inspection, only 2 people know why. There is a decorative screen to change behind, and a small bath next to the balcony window.

>What is the most embarrassing thing to happen to your character?
See >>47588236 she spent the whole night being standoffish to people offering her genuine congratulations and gifts. She realized after the fact that she was being rude, or at least impolite.

>Your character is in a kitchen when they notice a scalding hot pipe about to swipe down on an old man - they don't know this man or have any prior opinion of him - what do they do, or what do they not do?
An immediate "Oh fuck!", as she attempts to slap the pipe aside with her hand. She can always treat it later, but if the man is grievously injured she is not skilled enough to help him.
>>
>>47583335
>>47588769
A world with endless areas to explore and with countless people to meet.
His chakram and whip, a pair of heart-seeking knives, 2 regular potions and a bag of holding which contains a Hydra penis, a few fancy cushions and a rusty broadsword.
Very feminine, several pointless knickknacks scattered about everywhere. Collections of paintings from around the world of landscapes would adorn his walls. Would have a shrine in the middle of the room, fashioned to be a seating/worship area.
Being caught shoving a Hydra penis into a bag of holding after beating someone to death with it.
Shout out for him to move.
If he doesn't move fast enough, I'll just heal him up afterwards and walk away.
>>
>>47575813
taking a look at Sulibres now

I'm curious, how was he created? Also what make him being so cynical with human nature yet so classist with poor people? Sounds contradicting

also Mortimer Wesley seems like an interesting character too, you should make him one of these
>>
File: Arallios torso-shot.png (57 KB, 132x320) Image search: [Google]
Arallios torso-shot.png
57 KB, 132x320
>>47587437
Arallios' third campaign encounter was investigating a cave near the mountaintop for what the quest NPC called "snakes". Being nature guy and having elven night-vision he volunteers to go first with torch-bearer behind him, and just going single-file through the narrow cave.
Then we find the basilisks. It being our first game and us not knowing how to change our initiative counts to all get out at once, Arallios tells them all to run while he holds them off. Many painful rounds of the party filing out and GM fiat keeping him from hitting negs matching AC actually hits, he blitzes out of the cave and tumbles into the snow. The fighter destroys them pretty much singlehandedly, and when the elf is questioned as to why he did that when he recounts the story to the bard later, he says "I've lived longer than the rest of them combined, I think they deserve another decade."

So requesting pretty boy half-eaten and bleeding in the snow, long and short sword in either hand.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 85

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.