[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fantasy Vampire Character Creation
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 7
File: Bloodforged-cover.jpg (51 KB, 578x664) Image search: [Google]
Bloodforged-cover.jpg
51 KB, 578x664
You are a young vampire lady, /tg/. Your home was burned down by priests, crusaders and zealots. Being the youngest and weakest of your line you were hidden away in the great gardens as the instigators laid waste to everything you loved and cared for. Your father and your siblings stayed behind as you were led away by your mother.

Once outside the labyrinthine gardens you can see the thick forests that spell safety. The soldiers will never find you there, but in your way is a scouting party of a dozen or so armed zealots and a dark priest in horseback. They wear mail armor and wield spears and torches.

Your mother is terrified, she is not immortal like you and your siblings.

>what do you do?
>>
>>47545863
Vampires are terrible and incredibly played out, I want to be one of the priests, crusaders and zealots.
>>
Fetch my sister.
>>
>>47545893
That's not mutually exclusive, you know.
>>
>>47545893
Dude, I am just on a creative impasse and need to finish this character for the quest...
But sure, indulge me by indulging yourself.

>>47545903
Your sisters are fighting over yonder in the thick of the siege. You can't reach them nor your brothers.
>>
Go to qst OP
You will do yourself a big favor
>>
>>47545863
>father
>mother
>vampires

wtf is this shit
>>
>>47546386
Homebrew setting based on Dominions4.
I am trying to separate vampirism from an affliction or undeath by making it a magical condition that can lead to undeath, but is non-necromantic in nature. It is the result of me trying to tie in things like sciences to magic.

They can form families and the afflictions and powers of vampirism grow and wane with the knowledge and age of the vampire at hand.

TL;DR - vampires are not undead here, but they can be
>>
>>47545863
I think any potential players don't know enough about the character's abilities to do more than suggest things from popular vampire stories.

You'd probably be better served establishing what the character can do somehow.

>>47546386
And yeah this guy's right the character sounds more like a dhampir or something than a vampire, if it's a bloodsucker sired by a vampire on a mortal woman.
>>
>>>/qst/
>>
>>47546549
You are right. I was kinda throwing it dry and see the reaction. It is not easy trying to make a unique setting.

As I said to guy above, not all vampires are undead in the same way not all necromancers are liches.
I think I should introduce the arts and sciences of the setting first before introducing the character in itself.

In that same line of thought, what would you want to see in a quasi-gothic setting featuring vampires and giants?
>>
>>47546234
>>47546564
Hmm. Might as well.

Just thought that quests would be /qst/ while theory and character faggotry would be more /tg/.
>>
File: tumblr_nx7e5wxq7U1t3ongfo1_1280.jpg (469 KB, 1280x819) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nx7e5wxq7U1t3ongfo1_1280.jpg
469 KB, 1280x819
>Vampires being anything other then abominations against life

Yes I know it's Ludwig but in my own setting this would be the end result of an old vampire.
>>
File: grin_demon_by_colorbind.jpg (143 KB, 900x1165) Image search: [Google]
grin_demon_by_colorbind.jpg
143 KB, 900x1165
>>47546830
That is a possibility. Older vampires start to acquire a shit-ton of afflictions of the body and mind, and the older one gets the worse they become.
Took some examples from the Chaos Warrior Conundrum from warhammer fantasy.
>>
>>47545908

Yeah, try to see if one of the zealots sneaks off to take a piss and kill, eat and steal his uniform to blend in with the other zealots and join them on their hunt.
>>
>>47545863
>You are a young vampire lady,
No. I'm not.
>>
File: [flapping arms intensifies].png (278 KB, 563x456) Image search: [Google]
[flapping arms intensifies].png
278 KB, 563x456
>>47547876

Are you really so certain?
>>
>>47545863
Tell my mother to hide for now just inside the labyrinth from whence we've only just emerged.

Next, I walk into the clearing with no intention of hiding from the soldiers. I move towards them and begin to strip down, hoping that the ensuing ravaging will be as good for me as for them before they cut my head off and burn my body.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.