[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product /133678/Wasuremonogatari
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: photo_2016-05-30_19-16-57.jpg (67 KB, 492x637) Image search: [Google]
photo_2016-05-30_19-16-57.jpg
67 KB, 492x637
http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/133678/Wasuremonogatari-the-Anime--Manga-RPG

>Pay what you want

I want reviews!
>>
Tenra Bansho Zero is the superior weeb RPG; it was created before moe ruined Japan.
>>
>>47529700
That isn't the point here, anon-san.
>>
>>47529679
OP, I don't wanna be an asshole, but gimme a reason to review the game; I see the blurb on the site, but that doesn't really tell me too much.

Is it rules heavy or lite? How about the setting; are the mechanics applicable if you don't want to play in the setting itself? And the setting itself: is it a basic Magic Japan setting, or a 'hard' historical type setting, or something else entirely? Telling me it's a story of love or what have you means nothing if the DM decides to not do as such; telling me that the rules are death lite or death heavy does.

I want to know what the fuck I'm going to invest the next few hours of my life in reviewing and studying, mate.
>>
>>47529679
Then post it
>>
>>47529679
Anything that claims to be an "anime/manga RPG" is a huge red flag.

Generic "anime RPGs" that aren't focused on a specific genre tend to be nothing but awful, they're always either written by morons who've never seen more than a couple of episodes of various shows aired on Toonami or total weebs trying to mash together anything and everything into a clusterfuck of failure. 90% of the time they focus on trying to make mechanics out of completely unnessecary shit just to make it "more anime" or just take normal RPG concepts and throw in confusingly bad Japanese words as game terms that serves no purpose other than to complicate what should be simple concepts.

tl;dr Don't play generic "anime RPGs," stick with genre specific games.
>>
>>47529679
>that art
Holy shit I can't stop laughing. That looks like the crap I used to draw in my Jr High anime phase. It's fucking embarrassing.
>>
File: 1286877792774.jpg (117 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1286877792774.jpg
117 KB, 800x600
>>47529679
A Kid & His Monster Pal
Aegis
Anima Prime
BESM 1st~3rd Edition
Clover
Damage Control
Exosuit A-OK
Golden Sky Stories
Haiiiii Ya!
Heart Quest
I Want the Hand of the Protagonist
Kagai!
Magical Fury
MAID: The Role-Playing Game
Monster Box
Musha Shugyo
Open Anime
OVA: The Anime Role-Playing Game
Retail Magic
Retro Phaze
Schoolgirl RPG
Shonen Final Burst
Sparks of Light
Star Riders
Super Console
Super Happy Sentai Hour
Tears of a Machine
Teenagers From Outerspace
The Arsenal of Heaven
The Whispering Road
Tokyo Brain Pop (formerly known as Panty Explosion Perfect)
Treasure Hunters
Uresia Grave of Heaven
>>
>>47529679
>3000 DollaryDoos
how much of that was out of pocket
>>
>>47529950
Plain curiosity. Anything like "it's shit" or a few paragraphs about it would be good.

>>47530044
I can't read it now.

>>47530051
It's not generic, it is focused on anime campaigns and all that jazz. The author even says he took inspiration on (that shit) Bakemonogatari to work out the game's name.

>>47530170
Indeed, that's awful.

>>47530216
You forgot 3D&T.

>>47530337
Probably 99.99%
>>
>>47530410

>It's not generic, it is focused on anime campaigns and all that jazz.

Anime is not a genre.
>>
>>47530528
Indeed, is a way of life.
>>
>>47529679
>kitsune on cover
That's all I need to see. Into the trash it goes.
>>
>>47530774
Why so anti-weeabo, anon-san?
>>
>>47530410
>it is focused on anime campaigns and all that jazz
That's exactly what an "generic anime RPG" is, anon.

Do you seriously think "anime" is a genre? Do you also think "live action" is a genre? Or "CGI?"
>>
>>47529679

Fuck you read it yourself you lazy shit.
>>
>>47529679
>I want reviews!

This is some real weeabo bullshit,that's your review
>Introduction
>Wasuremonogatari is a pun, which
are quite common in Japanese

And that's all you need to know. Now go play a better game.
>>
>>47530216
if we're listing anime RPGs, add mekton zeta
>>
>>47529679
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDVODv4VLhQ
wa-wa-wasuremono-
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.