[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What would be an ideal deck for a YGO beginner but MtG veteran?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: Createcard_chick.jpg (101 KB, 419x610) Image search: [Google]
Createcard_chick.jpg
101 KB, 419x610
What would be an ideal deck for a YGO beginner but MtG veteran?
>>
>>47493104
Pick up 3 master of pendulum structure decks and look up some decklists, it'll teach you everything you need to know about all the different types of summoning.
>>
>>47493104
Monarchs might be up your ally
>>
The king of games can utilize any kind of deck thrown at him. You just need to believe in the heart of the cards.
>>
>>47493104
Frankly, it depends on what you mainly played in MtG. Blue players will probably feel right at home with YGO control decks, which are fairly similar. Black players would just have to adjust minorly for rules differences, since a LOT of modern decks use grave setup and shit. Players of other colors would probably have a harder time depending on what specific decks within those colors they were in the habit of playing.
>>
>>47495649
I played manaless dredge for a while in legacy. Is there any YGO deck that plays similarly?
>>
>>47498330
Yes.

Very similar.

Lots.
>>
>>47493215
this really good
just start with one though
if you want to go competitive buy 3 of it
the neat thing about yugioh is that structure decks actually have a lot of really powerful cards, so buying three will get a play set of them
>>
>>47498330
lightsworn self mill and power up through the graveyard

they also have a structure deck and one of the best monsters in the game (judgement dragon)
>>
>>47500350
>one of the best monsters in the game (judgement dragon)
maybe at one time, but not really anymore sadly.
>>
>>47493104
There's a whole lot that could probably work. Really though, I would suggest just looking at decks and finding something you like though. I really would have never actually really gotten into YGO if I never found the deck that fit me, even if it's not really a good deck and I only rarely actually use my favourite pet deck.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.