[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How multicultural and diverse is the nation or region that your
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: K6BD_Ball.png (3 MB, 1492x1248) Image search: [Google]
K6BD_Ball.png
3 MB, 1492x1248
How multicultural and diverse is the nation or region that your game is currently taking place in?

Is it just a land of humans that all look and speak in the same fashion or is it a melting pot of many cultures and species? Is the diversity of the land (or the lack of it) depicted as a positive or a negative trait?
>>
Ye average Forgotten Realms mish-mash of Humans, Dwarves, Elves, Halflings and the other 5e core-races. As vanilla as possible for me, babeh DM. Playing with randomly inserting a Mind-Flayer painter in the background of a scene that no one pays attention to just to see if my players are paying attention.

Good to see Kill Six Billion Demons updates!
>>
>>47489885
How could you possibly reveal it's presence without saying "there is a Mind-Flayer painter in the background"?
>>
>>47489769
Fairly diverse, and celebrated for its diversity, but not in the modern inclusive way. It's an empire, and one that whenever possible tries to incorporate the strengths of its conquered foes into its own culture. It's a very selfish diversity, concerned with whether new cultural ideas will be of use for the empire and not whether the ideas have any independent value.
>>
>You may be cool, but you'll never be Zombie-George-Washington-wearing-shutter-shades cool
Why even live?

Anyway, cyberpunk game set in the southern US, so you've got the typical melting pot of Mexican, German, and common-American, but because no cyberpunk game is complete without Asian influences, Little Korea is its own separate entity. The slums tend to be naturally ethnically segregated as well (e.g. the barrio, german-town, the African-only jurani AND the established black neighborhoods, etc.)
>>
>>47489769
It's a wealthy nation of traders, lots of people from all across the world congregate there, especially near the major ports.
The particular region that my players are in is probably the least multicultural part of the country due to how far inland it is though.
I plan on moving them closer to the sea within the next couple of sessions.
>>
>>47489920

I will say just that in the midst of the boxed flavor text, just like nestling it between stuff like, "It's a lazy afternoon in Red Larch. A few human children are playing tag in front of the provisions store, a half-elf hunter sells the elk and rabbit meat he's caught in the Westwood forests, an illithid painter dabs little bushes on a landscape piece, and a pair of dwarves beat out horse shoes against an anvil. You travel to a nearby inn and..." etc.

Hopefully they pull a "wait, what?" in which case I'll relay the scene again and replace the illithid with an elf.

For muh paranoias.
>>
>>47490149
That's lazy though.
>>
>>47489769
So, for my sci-fi setting I play with it really depends on where you are.

Earth and the first four "The Core Four" colonies are mostly made up of people from the Western World and East Asia due to being more developed and footing the brunt of early exploration's funding.

Earth itself lost most of its population when it was hit by an asteroid which triggered several other disasters (including setting off Yellowstone). Combine that with Climate change, and it was decided to boot as many people off as possible.

This event leads humans to basically start springing up all over the galaxy, and for dozens of colonies to form in the million plus population range. Several of these colonies became hugely important economic hubs, leading to what is called the Human Economic Sphere. This area is super cosmopolitan and very avant garde, compared to the "Core Four's" more planned and conservative outlook. This coincides with all sorts of new ideals and beliefs as ideas start getting exchanged with alien neighbors.
>>
>>47490272

I could say that the Illithid is one of those outcast arcanists who throws on Disguise Self constantly so as not to disturb the townfolk with their cthulu-ness.

Under their elf persona, They use sign language and gestures to communicate. Townsfolk on the whole know there's something off about the mute painter elf and his weird moss bush he keeps, but he makes the best damn paintings in the Dessarin Valley.

Perhaps they have the protection of local Zhentarim who use him to interrogate or brain nom anyone who attracts the Shadow Network's ire. So investigating this dude and the disappearance of a local artisan could be a good starting point for a sidequest!
>>
>>47489769
The nation my party is in, and a part of, is conducting a war of extermination against a foul furry species. And the longer it goes on, the people are becoming more intolerant of other species and races as well. They feel they let our enemies get away with what they did to us before the war.

So, pretty pro-human
>>
>>47490272
Actually its pretty awesome
>>
>>47489769
>Is the diversity of the land (or the lack of it) depicted as a positive or a negative trait?
Males on pales, females in rape-camps
>>
File: Bait_Best.jpg (95 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
Bait_Best.jpg
95 KB, 250x250
>>47494378

Is this dialect low stormfag? Or is your setting chaotic stupid? Both?

Pls respond.
>>
Mother Ohm a cute
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.