[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/bgg/ board game general
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 46
Mosaic edition

>what three mechanics would you like to see together most in a board game

>is component quality a make-or-break factor for you

>co-op, or lamentations of their women
>>
File: 3x3.jpg (328 KB, 920x920) Image search: [Google]
3x3.jpg
328 KB, 920x920
>>47466927
I've actually yet to come across a game with what I would consider sub-par components, so I can't really say. Unless you mean like shiny FFG miniatures vs GMT counters, in which case the answer is no.

Lamentations.

>related 3x3
Triumph&Tragedy, Dominant Species, Twilight Struggle
Le Havre, CitOW, Terra Mystica
Antike II, Churchill, Power Grid
>>
>>47467896
>I've actually yet to come across a game with what I would consider sub-par components
Exodus: Proxima Centauri is preeetty rough.
>>
>>47468204
First edition, I mean.
Second ed seems to have come after a cash infusion.
>>47467896
Also, it may be a good idea to include the names of each game in the filename.
Because I need to know like half of yours.
>>
>>47468204
>Because I need to know like half of yours.
>>47467896
>>related 3x3
>Triumph&Tragedy, Dominant Species, Twilight Struggle
>Le Havre, CitOW, Terra Mystica
>Antike II, Churchill, Power Grid

:^)
>>
File: dominions.jpg (1 MB, 2163x2163) Image search: [Google]
dominions.jpg
1 MB, 2163x2163
>>47466927
What game will get me closest to the Dominions experience?

>God theme
>Deep spell system
>Conquest of territories
>>
>>47468479
Chaos in the Old World seems to be a fit
>>
>>47468238
>>47466927

i am gonna buy me some galaxy trucker. i fucking loved that game years ago.

what expansions are good ?
>>
File: bg3x3.jpg (398 KB, 920x920) Image search: [Google]
bg3x3.jpg
398 KB, 920x920
>people posting 3x3s with game components
Good. Glad that picked up.

And people also like picking up pieces of wood and then putting them back down.
>>
What would you recommend for someone looking for a dungeon crawl experience? Co-op preferred but vs is OK too.
>>
>>47471737
>full co-op dungeoncrawler
Gears of War is probably the most beloved around here, but hard to find.
>>
I'unno
There's a certain threshold, but I'm usually fine as long as the game's really good
Depends what mood I'm in
>>
>>47471737
>>47471773
I'd honestly be wary of Gears of War. Of the four times I've played it, half the times have been good and the other half have been pretty bad. It might just be which missions we were doing or how many people were playing but two of the times it was a long, painful slog where our progress was purely dependent on the dice, which continually fucked us and took nearly three times the box allotted time length.

If you are going to get it I would wholly recommend playing with two people MAX. 3 and 4 puts TONS of enemies on the table and they take forever to chew through as well as it taking longer and longer between each player's turn.

I have consistently enjoyed Level 7 Omega Protocal much more even though it's a versus game.

On a side note, I would NOT recommend Super Dungeon Explore (especially for the co-op arcade mode. It's long, boring, and easily gamed to triviality. The versus mode is a bit better). It seems to be trying to emulate the enemy hordes of Gauntlet but lacks the speed and intensity to make it entertaining.
>>
>>47471714
I can recognize or see what most games are, but what games are the ones at (2,2) and (3,3)?

Also, Marco has done a review of Falling Sky for those interested:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seBeKlzmv0Y
>>
>>47472037
1775: Rebellion and Quantum, the former I love because of how clean and elegant it works as a wargame, and the second because of how neat and clean all is mechanics are.

AAND AAAAW SHIT MY MAN MARCO
>>
>>47468479
>What game will get me closest to the Dominions experience?
There is no such thing. Sorry.

I should know, I have searched for such a game myself.

Unless,
>>God theme
>>Deep spell system
>>Conquest of territories
that is Dominions to you. Is that all she is to you?
>>
>>47466927
Today, significant hidden information, teams (especially negotiable teams), and card-driven or otherwise nonrandom combat are tickling my fancy, and not many games other than Dune/Rex use them all together.

I'm bothered when games are poor enough production that it makes it more difficult to introduce people to the game, but other than that it's not a huge deal. I'm generally willing to upgrade my own components when the game's quality warrants it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L20kfTHv5Vc
>>
>>47469777
Thanks! I'll check out the rules.

>>47472958
No, but I'm not so naive to believe that a game could replicate the level of beautifully autistic detail and emergent strategy as Dominions.
>>
>>47466927
>>47471714 be this guy
Honestly I'm a big fan of worker placement, negotiable/semi-cooperative... and I guess empire building? Lately I've wanted to break into wargaming stuff or at least things on grander scale.

Given the previous statement no. I'm hoping to pick up Conflict of Heroes soon and that thing is just chits galore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgk-lA12FBk
>>
>>47474073
>No, but I'm not so naive to believe that a game could replicate the level of beautifully autistic detail and emergent strategy as Dominions.
Good. Because I was that naive.
>>
Well, in a few hours time I'll be off on my holidays, for a week of traditional card games e.g. Blackjack, New Market, etc. as well as a super basic game about putting numbered tiles in rows in the right order. There's a scorig system, but my family doesn't use it because it'd make putting numbers in the right order too complicated.

Pray for me.
>>
File: image1 (1).jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
image1 (1).jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
All set up for the guys in a few minutes. What race should I play /bgg/? I did halflings last time so I want to mix it up.
>>
>>47475978
Put all the colours in a bag, draw one at random, pick whichever side appeals to you.
>>
>>47473164
STEEV, you ever played any of GMT's COIN series games? The battles can have some elements of luck in them yes, but otherwise I get the impression that it's a system you might enjoy, especially in for example Fire in the Lake with 2 sets of 2 factions being "kind of" on the same side but the game still only allowing for solo victory.
>>
>>47475978
Do you have the Fire and Ice expansion? There are some neat ones there.
>>
>>47476799
It's a series I've been pretty interested in, but haven't taken the plunge on any yet. I think they'd be a difficult sell for most of my group, but maybe I'm overestimating how heavy they are.
>>
>>47473164
I'm very curious about the game to the center-left of your 3x3. Could you (or someone else) drop the name of it for me?

(I'm asking because we have very similar taste and I don't recognize it.)

Judging from the filename, I'm guessing it has the word "cosmos" in the title but some searching only resulted in an indie game that looks quite different and Cosmic Encounter.
>>
>>47477064
Is chaosmos, a weirdly-illustrated hyper-ameritrash hunt-the-mcguffin game. But it's pretty unique, kinda sandboxy, and not quite random enough to be terrible.
>>
>>47477517
Thanks, I'll check out it.
>>
Should I get Talisman? Saw some talk of it last thread and it seems fun for what it is but I'm not sure if it's worth the investment, time or money wise.
>>
I just bought the gallerist and now I'm thinking I made a mistake. I should have got somethin less complicated... Anyone have any encouraging experiences that will make me feel better about my purchase? I haven't played it yet, but I can see the looks on my friends faces when I try to convince them to give it a try already. It was an impulse buy I guess..
>>
>>47478221
It's shit.
You just roll dice until someone loses at which point no one will want to keep going because it is the antithesis of fun.
>>
>>47470541
The Missions expansion.
>>
Anyone here played The Spoils? I want to know about the game not if the jokes are bad or the pictures and "unsettling" for some, just know if is a good game.
>>
I've heard of a new kickstarter for a game called Red Markets. It looks like a pretty fucking interesting take on the zombie apocalypse, as the horror and stress isn't derived from the zombies themselves, but from resource management and making tough choices to survive. Also that hope is your worst enemy.
>>
File: pic1170265.jpg (320 KB, 560x788) Image search: [Google]
pic1170265.jpg
320 KB, 560x788
>>47466927

Nice work on dat dere image OP.

Break. Unless the game is bargain bin pricing, paying a premium for some rules and shit grade cardboard stock and plastic is laughable. Broken rulesets can be fixed. You cant make components better short of investing a ludicrous amount of resources.

Co-op. I get almost zero satisfaction from winning games by myself. To weather the storm with good companies is to know what fun is.

Also, time for round two, has anyone played pic related? I've played it, enjoyed it, picked it up from half price books for a cool 20, made me think that I've never heard it brought up on /tg/ for better or worse.

Also x2, if you think superfight is fun, you are literally going to hell, a special kind of place where they serve steak only in well done form
>>
>>47473164
What's center?
>>
>>47479695
>i can't read
Stargate.
kemet
>>
Since there's no Netrunner thread right now... could anyone help me... I already got the core set... what else should I get?

If I ever intend to get everything for it, how much would it be aprox.?
>>
>>47479941
A couple hundred, maybe a little more for everything after the core set. It's more than nothing, but it'it's a shit-ton of cards for a great game. Feel free to get stuff in chronological order, or cherry pick as you want. The first two cycles will rotate out of competit very play sometime next year, but if you're mostly in it for fun kitchen play, don't let that stop you, there's a ton if fun stuff in those packs.

Honestly just go at whatever pace works for you.
>>
>>47480373
Thank you. I'm getting triggered by those expensive promos on ebay. I'm one of those guys that got to have EVERYTHING for games. But whatever will ignore it. Also how much are a couple hundred? $500-700?
>>
>>47480373
steev stop letting your phone mangle posts
>>
>>47479941
If you have a favorite corp or faction, the deluxe x-pacs are great bang for your buck
>>
>>47478221
It's reskinned Candyland.
>>
>>47480419
About five cycles(6 packs each) of regular datapacks at $12-15, four deluxe boxes at $20-25 or so each, and maybe a second core set if you want for another whatever theyre going for.
>>
>>47478221

>Do you like the idea of going on an adventure that you can't metagame against?
>Do you like the ability to help or harm other players at your discretion?
>Can you deal with random events and not get sour?

If you said yes to those, then you most likely will love talisman. It's a pretty polarizing game, but instead of people simply being for or against it, some people here just shit their pants at the mere mention of it, don't ask me why, I'll never get how people could care that much about something they claim to never play.

The only downside I can think of is the game can go on for quite a while. It's not a game you bring out and play on a whim, and if your friends have a short attention span, the game will slow to a crawl, which is amazing because it's not that difficult.

Incredibly easy to teach and learn too. I'd say on par with zombicide if you have any experience with that.

The game has also been around since 1983, so either people enjoy it and keep buying it for them to keep making new editions, or you can believe that people blindly purchase this particular game above all others, much like they do monopoly, and that's why copies keep being made.

Do yourself a favor and pay attention to how people talk about the game, and not what they talk about. I've maybe seen a whopping 2 people who had legitimate complaints with the game on /tg/.
>>
>>47478221

Aw shite, almost forgot, if you do pick up the game, be sure to get the reaper and werewolf expansions before you get anything else. Easily the best expansions for the game.

You can also try the digital version before you bite the bullet, although personally I hate it. Talisman is like a tabletop RPG, you do it at a table surrounded by friends, not by yourself.
>>
>>47481074
I bought both the Dragon and Reaper expansions ages ago to spice it up only to never have it played in my group again. I want to give it at least one more go around before selling it
>>
>>47481150

I don't think I ever got the dragon, but I heard it made the game stupidly hard because it starts vomiting dragons on to the board in large quantities, at a time when the players have an incredibly low chance to kill even a single one. Might wanna fiddle with the cards to fix it, dunno.

Reaper is lovely though. Really mitigates the sadness of rolling a 1 to move, because you get to control an npc that has the capability of killing off a player because they rolled poorly and have no fate tokens remaining.
>>
>>47475978
Nomads and Darklings are good in vanilla, but I really like the Riverwalkers in the expansion
>>
>>47481122

The digital version has some serious stability issues and no ability to really rejoin if you get dropped.
>>
>>47481218

Then it wasn't just me then. The few times I tried it, it felt really...well awfully made. Couldn't click things correctly, stuff would just act wonky all the time.

Still, with a quick search you can find a torrent of it, and I can totally get behind a try before you buy approach, especially at talismans price point.
>>
Lost a bid on eBay...
23 second hand card games for $90, some good shit in the lot.

>1. Onirim
>2. Barons
>3. Chronicle
>4. Coup
>5. Haggis
>6. Coloretto
>7. Masquerade
>8. Rage
>9. Tichu
>10. Bohnanza
>11. Fairy Tale
>12. The resistance
>13. Oriente
>14. Sleeping Queens
>15. Famiglia
>16. Love Letter Kanai edition
>17. Slap .45
>18. You're Bluffing
>19. Star Reams
>20. Guillotine
>21. Clocktowers
>22. Knock Knock
>23. Sushi GO!

Kinda sad I didn't get that, even though some boxes were banged up. Lotsa games for just over $5 each.
>>
File: alignment threads.jpg (966 KB, 3072x3072) Image search: [Google]
alignment threads.jpg
966 KB, 3072x3072
>>47466927
I LOVE ALIGNMENT THREADS, OP!
>>
>>47476576
>>47476915
>>47481187
>>47474311

I ended up going with mermaids. Won with 100 exactly, but only by 4. That early shipping is way too good.

Is the expansion worth picking up? I've only played the base game 3 times, so I feel like I have plenty of mileage left on it, but if the expansion adds a lot of extra content or something that really improves the game, I'd go ahead and get it now as I really enjoy it.
>>
>>47482104
The biggest thing I've heard about the expansion is that the new map balances out the Darklings and Hobbits a bit while buffing Chaos Mages. There's just too much contiguous black and brown in the original map, and comparatively too little red. Too many safe plays.
>>
>>47482171
My friend played chaos mages today for the first time, and he got steam rolled. It seems like starting with only one dwelling is just too much of a handicap even if you're grabbing 2 of those favor tiles or whatever they're called each time. Compare that to me and my friend who were mermaids and dwarves. We were able to just expand like crazy (me especially since I grabbed an extra shipping on the first turn) and just had so many more resources than him. Eventually he ended up with 6 favor tiles but it just wasn't enough, he was too far behind at that point. We're pretty inexperienced with the game, but they just seemed so...meh.

Thanks for the input on the expansion. I didn't realize it had a new map, that makes me a lot more interested in picking it up. A few new races and tiles are cool but thats just extra on top of stuff I haven't even gotten to play with yet; changing the game up is a better reason to go for it to me.
>>
>>47481969
>chaos in the old world in good
>galaxy trucker in objectively the most apt position
>the most autistic game in lawful neutral
>the game with the most instances of "except" and "in the case of" in lawful evil
Yep.
>>
>>47482230
The expansion has a "corrected" old map, eliminating regions of enormous power that blue, black, and brown used to have by switching around a few hexes, and a completely new map, which has fewer brown and black and more red, to make up for the OP brown and black races and underpowered red races.
>>
>>47466927
What are the top middle and top right games you got there?
>>
>>47482354
>>47468238
>>
>>47482354
Android: Mainframe and Chaos int he Old World.
>>
https://www.vesselfinder.com/vessels/CMA-CGM-LEO-IMO-9399208-MMSI-249888000

I found Scythe.

Somebody contact the Somali pirates, and give them directions to the strait of Taiwan. We need that shit pronto.
>>
>>47479535
>zombies

Yawn. Let me know when they use something which isn't thrice-regurgitated crap.
>>
>>47473164
I don't get "Hobos of Normandy" and Fleet-Footed Captains."
I assume the latter is a reference to speed and maneuverability being of paramount importance in the game but on the former I've got no idea.
>>
>>47482959
>Somali pirates
The Malaccan pirates are probably closer.
>>
>>47479448
ded gaem
>>
>>47484739
Yeah, I've got nothing either.
>>
>>47485384
Like seriously? they just released a new set, Ungodly Mess.
>>
>>47482244
>Twilight Struggle
>more autistic than Virgin Queen
>>
File: Board-Game-Shelf[1].jpg (431 KB, 2560x1920) Image search: [Google]
Board-Game-Shelf[1].jpg
431 KB, 2560x1920
Show me your board game collection /tg/
>>
File: Collection.jpg (2 MB, 1842x3271) Image search: [Google]
Collection.jpg
2 MB, 1842x3271
>>47487631
+ Burano
>>
I see that Eldritch Horror is doing the same thing as Arkham did with expanions, that is adding boards.

How does Eldritch play with all these extra boards attached? I remember it was just extra clutter in Arkham, is it good here?
>>
File: collection 5-28-16.jpg (2 MB, 1532x3967) Image search: [Google]
collection 5-28-16.jpg
2 MB, 1532x3967
>>47487631
>dem shelves
I jelly. How much did those cost you?

Pic related is my collection that I have on hand.
>>
File: awaiting deliveries 5-28-16.jpg (794 KB, 1535x1842) Image search: [Google]
awaiting deliveries 5-28-16.jpg
794 KB, 1535x1842
>>47488305
And this is what I'm waiting on for preorder / KS deliveries. I should probably stop doing this... Or at least slow down on it.
>>
>>47488305
Oh that's not mine, I just found it on google.
>>
Anyone ever play Ace of Aces: Wingleader? I recently bought a copy and while me and my mates are enjoying it so far, it's really hard to visualize where your plane will end up depending on what maneuver you do.

Is there a graph or something that shows your planes movement based on the maneuver? I believe there were ones for the WW1 version but I haven't found one for the WW2 version yet.
>>
I'm looking for games similar to the Dark Souls board game for inspiration, even if it's just part of the game (like the actual combat part of Kingdom Death Monster).
Gameplay should be basic, lethal, reduced monster slaying, ideally for 1-3 players. Is there anything like it?
>>
Will Twilight Imperium 4 ever happen?
Or at least some expansion, anything?
I wanna have more TI.
>>
>>47466927
What's in the middle and the middle right one?
>>
>>47489159

Middle is castles of mad king ludwig...I remember the middle right one being talked about on here...or maybe it was in the local group. It was an interesting chess like game thing, but yeah.
>>
>>47489159
Middle right is The Duke, absolutely fantastic abstract, scratches the chess endgame itch without the tedium of getting to that endgame.
>>
>>47488857
Go implement the shattered ascention fan rules, probably better than a fourth edition would be anyways.
>>
>>47489287
I would but the components.
>>
>>47489287
>master download still not working
>>
>>47489372
Because it's still being revised so they haven't compiled everything. Just download the components individually.

>>47489311
Yeah, I know. I still need to make up the asteroid belts.
>>
>>47489459
If that mod was released with proper quality components somewhere, I'd buy it.
>>
>>47489742
Not likely sue to the amount of copyrighted artwork, but they do have a tabletop Sim mod.
>>
Talking about Twilight Imperium, should it with expansions and play it with expansions for the first time, or without?
>>
>>47488043
The extra board only comes out when using specific threats (elder things for antarctica and some kinda suped-up mummy for egypt) and travel between the expedition space and at least one space on the extra board doesn't cost an action, so at most you've got one more board.
I don't have the expansion but I think the extra board gets a bunch of specific mysteries and you add more clues to the bag which spawn there.
>>
Is one night ultimate werewolf fun? IF so, how many people do I need for it to be enjoyable?

Thinking about picking it up eventually
>>
>>47492825
Play without first, Imperial I really hammers home that this is a VP game.
>>
>>47492825
Depends entirely on your ability to teach the game and the other players ability to absorb information effectively.
I start new people with both expansions and the shattered ascention fan mod.
>>
>>47492998
>>
>>47492998
It's not bad, but eventually you will enter a rut with it in accusations, so you'll need a large enough varied group to get the most out of it. I'd recommend Spyfall instead. Much more intrigue of questioning and an actual structure.
>>
>>47478228
Watch the how it's played video. Several times. Make your friends watch it. Try it solo first.

Never played that one but I've played Kanban. So much hurt in my brain, but very stimulating.
>>47492998
Yep. It works at any player count 4+. Lower player counts are very different than higher player counts though, and get boring faster because there are fewer roles that work well at 4 and 5. That said you'll still play 10 times in a row with 4 players.
>>
File: happy.gif (786 KB, 500x250) Image search: [Google]
happy.gif
786 KB, 500x250
>>47487631
>>47487777
>>47488305
Nice !!
>>
File: No Rationality.jpg (122 KB, 768x624) Image search: [Google]
No Rationality.jpg
122 KB, 768x624
>>47488325
>And this is what I'm waiting on for preorder / KS deliveries. I should probably stop doing this... Or at least slow down on it.

Pic related Anon. Pic related...
>>
Anything on expansions to Forbidden Stars?
Are we gonna see any?
>>
File: Lords of Splendor.png (1 MB, 1024x987) Image search: [Google]
Lords of Splendor.png
1 MB, 1024x987
Played a PnP copy of this today. Consider this: Lords of Waterdeep: The Card Game. It feels like a cross between LoW and Splendor. Has anyone else played this?
>>
File: pic2427360_lg.jpg (239 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
pic2427360_lg.jpg
239 KB, 1024x1024
Am I the only onw with a copy of The Dice Must Flow on /bgg/?
>>
>>47497068
Been wishing I'd grabbed a copy when I still could, even if every time I played it I'd probably be throwing longing glances at Rex up on the shelf the whole time.
>>
>>47497068
I'm in the midst of putting together my own copy (along with 6 other gaming projects) since I refused to pay what they were asking for it. Debating emailing about a set of dice, as I guess he'll still sell those even after the Herbert estate went after him. Still haven't ever played, how is it?
>>
>>47497896
I think I got the pnp version of it a while back

have they taken it down already?
>>
>>47498267
>>47498146
Ah the Herbert estate is at it again?
>>
>>47498280
I'd heard it'd been taken down off the website, but if you ask for a custom order you can still have them make you a copy, and I'm 99.9% positive when it got taken down I saw the publisher mention on bgg that he still had copies of the dice he'd sell for ~$15. I'd rather buy the dice and print components for pennies and bond them onto the chipboard I've got all over the house from previous projects.
>>
File: clash.jpg (32 KB, 302x299) Image search: [Google]
clash.jpg
32 KB, 302x299
Jesus Fucking Christ... is Z-Man ever going to fucking print this ?
>>
File: oyvey.png (29 KB, 402x451) Image search: [Google]
oyvey.png
29 KB, 402x451
>>47498611
>>
>>47498632
That's gotta be fucking bolivian currency, right?
>>
>>47498769
Nope.
>>
>>47498820
Shit, son. Fuck that, is it even a good game?
>>
>>47498895

It must be the greatest feeling in the world to sell something like that for such a stupid amount of dosh.
>>
>>47498895
Well, for me it is. It's the only Civ game that looks like what I expect them to look, like Civ V hexy.
>>
>>47498895
It's also the expansion from the game. The game is not that expensive.
>>
File: clash0.png (455 KB, 712x447) Image search: [Google]
clash0.png
455 KB, 712x447
>>47498990
>>47498895
>>
File: 9x9.jpg (289 KB, 920x920) Image search: [Google]
9x9.jpg
289 KB, 920x920
>>47496236
Nothing on the news front yet, hope we do see one. Personally I hope for a few more factions, rules for teams, and something for people to do while other players are involved in combat.

>>47497068
I've got the files, haven't bothered to print it out yet.
>>
>>47501059
So I recognize Cosmic Plading, Eldrtich Cardreading, and ArchiSJWtriggerer, what are the other?
>>
>>47501437
Whoops, meant to label them.

They are: Fury of Dracula, Cosmic Encounter, Escape Curse of the Temple, Catacombs, Eldritch Horror, Sheriff of Nottingham, Archipelago, King of Tokyo/New York, and Forbidden Stars
>>
>>47501561
So you really like the taste of FFG cock then.
I do too.
>>
File: played_collection.jpg (2 MB, 1734x1243) Image search: [Google]
played_collection.jpg
2 MB, 1734x1243
>>47487631
>>
File: owned_collection.jpg (851 KB, 1920x613) Image search: [Google]
owned_collection.jpg
851 KB, 1920x613
>>47502679
god dammit that's my played collection. I grabbed the wrong image. Here

Also adding to that I recently played Caverna and Cthulhu Wars
>>
File: pic2801874.jpg (803 KB, 1080x720) Image search: [Google]
pic2801874.jpg
803 KB, 1080x720
What do you think of Tyrants of the underdark? It's on sale and I'm considering buying it.
>>
>>47503087
Too new basically no one has played or reviewed it yet.
Also CSI's price is lower than massdrop's as long as you're buying enough other stuff to get free shipping.
>>
>>47503087
Pretty interested in it, I enjoy Waterdeep so it'll be interesting to see what this is like.

I'd wait for reviews first though. I learned the hard way to not get boardgames that no one will ever want to play.
>>
>>47501437
>ArchiSJWtriggerer,
??
>>
>>47492998

One Night is definitely a better traditional game than normal werewolf. It solves a lot of the problems with werewolf and really streamlines it. Werewolf is still more of an role playing game, more of an experience, but its longer and clunkier and you have to get into it (i.e. have a moderator that gives a fuck.)
>>
>>47504534
Yes?
>>
>>47504359
It's by galeforce nine, a dedicated ameritrash studio, so I'd not expect much in the way of similar appeal to waterdeep.
>>
anyone working on a card / board / tabletop game?
>>
>>47504635
Yeah I'm reading the rules now, I'm not too sure about it.

http://www.gf9-dnd.com/images/Products/TOTU/TyrantsOfTheUnderdark-Rulebook.pdf
>>
>>47504472
Archipelago.
>>
File: shelf.jpg (1 MB, 1728x2304) Image search: [Google]
shelf.jpg
1 MB, 1728x2304
>>47487631
Here it be
>>
File: board games + x-wings.jpg (2 MB, 2448x3264) Image search: [Google]
board games + x-wings.jpg
2 MB, 2448x3264
>>47487631
>>
>>47505209
Star wars!
Fucking love star wars.

How does it play?
>>
>>47505209
How does roll for the galaxy compare to race (vanilla and with expansions, but not the retarded relics expansion)
>>
What's a good website or YT show to watch for board game news? Just to be constantly updated?
>>
>>47505245
Not him but I've found Roll for the Galaxy is WAY easier for new players to get into than Race for the Galaxy.

There is a clear divide between what planets and developments do and instead of getting every action (with a bonus if it was your action), you only take the actions that you assigned your dice to.

The resource that you're using to place planets/developments is also very different. It's the dice that you're spending i.e. your flexibility rather than your cards i.e. your options. Deciding which dice to spend for a title in Roll is also way simpler than deciding which cards to spend in Race.
>>
>>47505223
>How does it play?
I like the miniature game a LOT. The minis are cool. In a typical game squads are between 2 and 7 ships, so the scale is fairly small. Your ships are always moving, so it does a good job of capturing the feeling of being in a dogfight.

Competitive scene is good for the game too, but it's also fun to just play casually.

>>47505245
I don't know anon, I've never played Race. I like Roll a lot, though I think Producing is a little underpowered. I think I read that the expansion fixes it a bit. I like Roll a lot, I just don't get to play it as often as I like. But that's true for pretty much all of my games.
>>
>>47505209
>Tsuro
Every time.
The memes are real.
>>
I really want to get Pandemic Legacy, but I only have one stable player.
Is it good at all with 2 players?
>>
>>47505277
Honestly just follow your favorite publishers on social media/sign up for their mailing lists. Announcements tend to be concentrated around a few conventions like GAMA trade show and Origins. Actual game previews/releases tend to be concentrated around Gencon and Essen. The rest of the year board game news is pretty light, so much so that news segments on monthly podcasts I listen to are 70% fluff.
>>47506008
>Not memeing on Betrayal or Arkham instead
Tsuro did nothing wrong
>>
>>47506504
Anyone?
>>
I played Xenoshyft last night. Pretty fun deckbuilder that does most of the things I like in that genre. I'm genuinely surprised that Cool Mini or Not managed to do a game that wasn't complete garbage for once.

I need recommendations for deckbuilders to buy.
>>
>>47508494
Just get more Xenoshyft. Late pledge for the Dreamire set and all that. Another good one is Star Realms
>>
>>47504863
Because of the theme?
>>
>>47508761
Yeah, SJWs had their knickers in a twist when Archipelago first came out. Now they try to pretend that it doesn't exist.
>>
What's a good boardgame related SHOW, like shut up and sit down or tabletop?
>>
>>47509521
Try GameNight, it does a much better job of showing off the actual games than TableTop, which seems to be more about showing off internet celebrities. The players were a bit annoying to me at first but the discussion afterwards is quite useful. Similar to Rahdo's final thoughts videos but with more than one person giving input, and not always in love with the game.
https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/150604/gamenight-episode-list
>>
>>47508494
>I'm genuinely surprised that Cool Mini or Not managed to do a game that wasn't complete garbage for once.
The Grizzled is great and Blood Rage is okay but Chaos and Cthulhu Wars are better.
>>
Suggestion for card drafting (aka deckbuilding) games? I've played:

-Emminent Domain
-Star Realms and Colony Wars
-Dominion plus a few expansions
-Mage Knight if that counts?
-Thunderstone

The only ones I liked were Star Realms and Dominion but only with Seaside, the rest were eh.
>>
File: pic1751753[1].jpg (182 KB, 1660x771) Image search: [Google]
pic1751753[1].jpg
182 KB, 1660x771
>>47513486
the only one worth playing
>>
>>47513727
Truth.
>>
>>47513727
I looked at it and it seems like a weird dominion.
>>
File: GenevieveDaubigny.jpg (58 KB, 364x512) Image search: [Google]
GenevieveDaubigny.jpg
58 KB, 364x512
>>47513727
>>47513738
>>47513739
>Flood deck with this
>Win
>>
>>47513739
It's better than Dominion which is actually super basic and kind of bad.

>>47513764
>Doing gud.
>Buddy floods my deck with Illness.
>Can't get out the housemaid who negates it or build enough points to mitigate it.
Suffering.
>>
File: IMG_20160529_170510.jpg (6 MB, 4160x3120) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160529_170510.jpg
6 MB, 4160x3120
I said, weeks ago, that I was going to take a picture of this bag with Kemet in it, and then promptly forgot about it. Remembered it today when I was unpacking, so here it is. Pic is intentionally uncropped, to get a better feel for the size of the bag.
>>
>>47514046
You are truly a Jesus amongst bros anon; wish it'd fix a coffin box, but I don't think there's any bag out there that will.
>>
>>47514188
There does exist a bag which carries a coffin box. And, it's cheap.
http://www.amazon.com/Ikea-901-491-48-Frakta-Storage-Blue/dp/B00QNRHM8C

Problem is, it's so big that carrying board games in it actually damages the board games. The bag gives them no support, so it buckles in and crushes the boxes in the middle.
>>
>>47514423
I meant a padded bag that isn't marketed to gamers with a 100% price gouge, cajon bags were the best I found, and considering I don't travel with any coffin box games save maybe once a year, not a big issue. I've got loads of duffel bags around the house for when there's a need to move TI3 or StarCraft.
>>
File: bgcolectin.png (1 MB, 1307x619) Image search: [Google]
bgcolectin.png
1 MB, 1307x619
Doesn't include my abundant expansions for LotR, set of Netrunner and Resident Evil DBG I used to own, or expansions for other games.
>>
>>47508795
What could a boardgame possibly do to offend the SJWs?

Aside from slavery, I know DoW caved in regarding Five Tribes.
>>
>>47515336
Lewis and Clark had red meeples for the Native Americans, it wasn't as big a shit storm as Five Tribes, but it didn't go over well.
>>
>>47515336
Archipelago is about colonialism, and having fun with a simulation of colonialism is obviously aiding and abetting and encouraging the subjugation of cultures and skin tones that can't into military parity with europe.
>>
>>47515435

Because denying historical events, customs and paradigms makes it all go away.

Wasn't there a game about the underground railroad? I bet slavery in that context is fine because players fight against it.

What about Civil War era games, am I automatically a white supremacist for playing the south?

Fuck that shit.
>>
File: Fortune.jpg (50 KB, 229x366) Image search: [Google]
Fortune.jpg
50 KB, 229x366
>>47508334
Yes, it works. For legacy games you should put a premium on having a dependent group. Your 2 players is better than my 5 who can't get together anymore to finish up Risk Legacy.
>>47513832
>super basic
So you haven't played any expansions
>>47515435
Honestly, the most objectionable part of that game is that the natives are white when they contribute to a colony, brown when they are unemployed, and all out black when they revolt against the colonists. There had to be a better way to represent that
>>
>>47508631
>Another good one is Star Realms
Heh. I own Star Realms anyhow. It's also terrible.
>>
>>47515857
I don't disagree, but getting mad about the color of meeples in a board game sounds like an activity for terminally bored and mortally boring people.
>>
>>47466927
>>47468238
>>47481969
What's the center game?
>>
File: image.jpg (127 KB, 856x768) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
127 KB, 856x768
>>47516406
>>
>>47498962

I once sold an beat up incomplete copy of warhammer quest that i got for $2 in a garage sale for $150.

That is such a great feeling.

My wife likes to garage sale to get crap to keep. I go with and wade through the shit to find the gems.
>>
>>47466927
hey guys, I need some help trying to narrow down the search for a game. It is an old one, so it may leave you scratching your head.

All I can remember about it is the game pieces. -it was a SF game, with a starmap base. with enough zoom for the planets to be roughly five inches wide.
-there were 2 injection molded fighter types,, and injection molded space station it was a square platform, with lower docking areas where ships could fit.

it was definitely pre 2000 release, and possibly pre-96
>>
>>47513738
>>47513832
I would really disagree here. The game seems derivative in a bad way and its aesthetic isn't really to my taste. I like anime girls no problem and since me and my gf are both women, there's no fear of being seen as a weird pervert. It's just...not that well executed in this instance?

Dominion isn't amazing. But it's by no means unilaterally worse either. I do like how Tanto Cuore has starter cards that DO things. However, Dominion Seaside is such an excellent expansion that it carries the entire base game to greatness as well.
>>
>>47513486
Fairy Tale is fun, there's also apparently a new sushi-go that's more complex than the original.
>>
>>47515857
>>47517745
>So you haven't played any expansions
>However, Dominion Seaside is such an excellent expansion
>Expansions required.
>>
>>47466927
Hidden traitor, dungeon crawl, worker placement.

I've never seen 2 of these together, let alone all 3. Worker placement could make for a neat magic system, tapping into the dungeons mana before others do.

And I'm just a sucker for hidden traitor in general. Not enough of it out there.
>>
>>47516355
So now the crusade for political correctness demands games be designed without white, red, yellow, black, and all shades of tan tiny stickmen. Would it be OK if the pieces were non-anthropomorphic?
>>
>>47472034
They are currently play testing new rules for it. They work a lot better. Boss now spawns on a timer, there are far less monsters on the board at any given time, and they replaced player elimination with an "extra lives system" where the consul just needs 3 kills to win.
>>
>>47515336
Apparently keyflower or somesuch game has white colonist meeples that enslave black meeples to make them do work.

I recently played a KS prototype of Planetary Reign and the game's rules force you to colonize inhabited planets, enslave the population and put them into holding pens where they do manual labor. When you assimilate them as citizens, 1 always dies. What the fuck
>>
>>47515655
But these games glorify and even require it. There's more than IGNORE EVIL and MAKE EVIL NORMAL, anon. There are gray areas and slavery and racism can be handled respectfully.
>>
>>47517790
The first post isn't me (the one who asked for deckbuilders). /tg/ is not one person.
>>
>>47517945
>white colonist meeples enslave black meeples
So, reverse meeple colors, black enslaves white, problem solved.
>>
>>47517996
>Autism.
The point was actually that two Different people said expansions are the only thing that make the game good.

Reading comprehension, yay.
>>
>>47518106
That's shitty too. But at least since it doesn't fit the theme (black european colonists going to new lands to enslave indigenous whites???) it could work as a placebo. I think the moral is don't handle slavery in your worker placement games flippantly. I mean the Planetary Reign species are just blue cubes but you definitely get this awkward social moment with people where everyone looks embarrassed that they actually have to enslave them.

We had to re-narrate the rules to be:
-These are tradesmen from those species and are looking for jobs in your empire. You give them housing. When converting them into citizens, some choose to return to home rather than give up their craft.
Also explains why they only ever do one job. It's blatantly shoehorned but no more sickly feeling when trying to tell a group of people they have to enslave countless planets for their empire. Sure, empires aren't nice to begin with but the game is mostly a hard numbers euro anyway so it's not like it ever actually DEALS with the slavery. It's purely beneficial and never leads to negative consequences.
>>
>>47518128
Is it reading comprehension, or autism, pick one or you look like an indecisive twat.

Yes, the game definitely needs expansions. You should be aware of this to inform your purchase decision. That doesn't automatically make it a terrible game. It means the core game is "meh" and the expansions are largely "yay", and you need both for it to be enjoyable. Don't buy it if that's a dealbreaker for you.

Other people will refrain from buying Tanto Cuore if the art style is a dealbreaker.
>>
>>47518206
You're autistic and you can't read gud.

So both apply equally.
>>
>>47518174
>We had to re-narrate the rules to be

Oh wow. Or you could not be massive blubbering vaginas about it.
>>
>>47517745
>me and my gf are both women, there's no fear of being seen as a weird pervert
>>
>>47517962
Because was WAS normal in the setting/context of the game. You think these things pop out of thin air and devs just make a 'let's add slavery to it because I hate blacks' decision?
>>
>>47518233
>>47519395
>>47519495
>>47519552
samefag
>>
>>47518174
>but you definitely get this awkward social moment with people where everyone looks embarrassed that they actually have to enslave them
My group called colonists "slaves" in Puerto Rico from day 1 with basically no prompting.
It's always interesting to see how group dynamics differ.
>>
>>47517962
I wouldn't say Archipelago glorifies colonialism. Both the colonists and the natives are just annoyances you have to deal with to fuel your capitalist machine.
>>47515857
I think that the thinking was "white is usually used for good things, black for bad things, let's make this neutralish thing brown," and then just let that be that. They couldn't use more politically neutral colors because those were all being used for the players. I also think that a lot of this thinking is peculiar to the US, where race relations have always been rather more volatile than in Europe.
>>
>>47515857
>Your 2 players is better than my 5 who can't get together anymore to finish up Risk Legacy.

That's the thing, I only have one more player. Playing coop in such small amount of people seems bad.
>>
Are Kingdom Death expansions limited in quantity, or are they gonna be reprinted constantly?

I can't drop 1000$ to get it all at once, but I certainly want to in chunks.
>>
I love Doomtown. Very very good game... any idea on what Extensions i should buy for it ? i really love this game... underrated gem.
>>
So /bgg/ question.

How do I git gud at board games in general and Chaos in the Old World in particular?

I come in and play with some sort of a plan like "I am playing Slaanesh, I'll try to go for one tick per round and try to dominate regions when possible", it seems to go OK-ish and then it comes tumbling down in the last round where no matter what I do someone wins.

What's the general mentality I should be having when playing board games, what should I keep in mind so on and so forth? How to apply all that to CitOW?
>>
>>47520913
Can't help with CitOW, but

>How do I git gud at board games
By having fun. Once you're having fun, even losing can be a win.
>>
>>47521017
Thanks Dad but I'm already having fun. I want to get better at strategy and tactics, though.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-05-30-05-57-26.png (927 KB, 720x1280) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-30-05-57-26.png
927 KB, 720x1280
>>47520582
I mean, you can play regular Pandemic with 2 players and it's a great experience.
>>47520206
>>47517914
I agree that it's a convenient design solution, but they definitely didn't choose it because white means good and black means bad. The iconography (pic related) on the pop/market tracks makes that clear. If they changed these images to just meeples it would erase almost all of the backlash
>>47517945
Keyflower has something different going on. The different color meeples (red yellow blue green) cannot be used together, but that's just an abstract design decision. It could be interpreted as different nationalities of European colonists refusing to work together if you want
>>47518106
This exists, can't remember what it's called but it was kickstarted last year
>>47518174
>We had to renarrate the rules
I think everyone else can agree that even in the most egregious case of an insensitive game, you explain it, call the designer a shitball, and explain the rules as-is anyway. Only if it's a good game though, otherwise why bother?
>>
File: o.jpg (401 KB, 1152x2048) Image search: [Google]
o.jpg
401 KB, 1152x2048
What should I add to this collection?
>>
>>47521207

Twilight Imperium? For when you're snowed in and don't expect help for at least another 2 days?
>>
>>47521215
>Twilight Imperium

I have honestly considered this however I only have one person that I'd be able to consistently play it with.
>>
>>47521260

Yeah, that game needs at least 4 really.

How about SW:Rebellion? It's 2 player only.
>>
>>47521207
>Letters from Whitechapel AND Fury of Dracula
damn anon, which do you prefer?
>>
>>47521364

Fury of Dracula but my girlfriend loves everything about Whitechapel and wanted it since we got into board games, so I got it her for Christmas.
>>
>>47516422
Well played, sir.
>>
>>47521389
>gf is a big fan of Jack the Ripper
>worriedlaughter.png
>>
>>47521428

Now you mention it I guess that would explain all of her jokes as of late...

... Should I be worried?
>>
>>47521510
Why not test her loyalty in some co-op's with a hidden traitor element? Or maybe even something like Coup or The Resistance.

On that note: Is anybody getting the new Coup G54 and or Grifters from Indie Boards & Cards?
>>
>>47521597
Already got the new coup, took a pass on grifters.
>>
File: fieffrance1429board.jpg (492 KB, 2042x924) Image search: [Google]
fieffrance1429board.jpg
492 KB, 2042x924
How much is the shipping of academy games stuff to the UK?
I fear it will be quite expensive.

Are there any UK sellers that stock both Fief and its expansions (not the models or coins, the chits and cards)?
>>
>>47520143
My players did something similar with the 5 Tribes fakir cards (I have the reissued PC version).
The sickly looking old guys sitting in spiky mats were not happy helpers or holy wise men, they became sacrificial victims, slaughtered to gain the bloodthirsty Djinn's favor.

>>47520206
>a lot of this thinking is peculiar to the US
No shit. They had a civil war and because half of the country didn't want to abolish slavery, instituted segregation as state policy and now wonder why everyone is still angry, sugarcoat everything, walk on eggshells all the time and lash out at everyone who disagrees with a point of view. Good job, Burgerbros.

>>47521157
>This exists
Didn't mean black and white as races. Meeples and colors are just abstractions and design choices are almost always practical rather than symbolic. If a particular choice of colour offends somebody, they can always dunk them in periwinkle paint and coat them in glitter.

>>47518174
>>47521157
>re-narrating a game
Whatever floats your boat. I agree about calling a designer a dirtbag in case of blatant assholery, but I have no qualms about the accurate recreation of a time period. Yeah, slavery was shitty, but plugging your ears and going LALALALALALA is just fucking stupid, and a disservice for all the people that have ever been torn from their homes and taken as property.
>>
>>47522431
>Whatever floats your boat. I agree about calling a designer a dirtbag in case of blatant assholery, but I have no qualms about the accurate recreation of a time period. Yeah, slavery was shitty, but plugging your ears and going LALALALALALA is just fucking stupid, and a disservice for all the people that have ever been torn from their homes and taken as property.
Guess you don't have a problem with a game where you rape women as a normal and required part of gameplay which is never addressed at all, just a rule.
>>
>>47522448
I have a problem if the game specifically states (or grossly implies) a core mechanic or rule is rape, and that rape is a required condition for victory. I could not play that and not feel filthy.
>>
>>47522601
So there you go. That's how it is with those games and for other people.
>>
>>47522757
Good point, I can see why retconning a game would be a thing, even though colonialism is more in a grey area for me, while rape is unambiguously vile.
>>
>>47516406
>>47516422
I don't get it
>>
>>47523565
castles of mad king Ludwig, that's Ludwig from mario (I think)
>>
>>47523565
Mad King Ludwig von Koopa
>>
>>47521207
Good taste
>>
>>47520717
What are you looking for mostly?
Pine boxes should be a priority because these boxes are the ones that often include new keywords but also more options for deck building.

now if you like to play for certain faction you should pay a look to those saddle bags that contain something useful/neccesary for you.
(Like for Morgan Co. Gadgetorium or Nature Oddities for 4th ring for mention something)
>>
Most overrated Company?
I vote for Plaid Hat Games
>>
>>47521207
>Munchkin
Where are your copies of Talisman and Tsuro? If you are going to troll, go full meme.
>>
>>47527720

Munchkin was bought for my friends who aren't hugely into board games and can't "think".
>>
>>47527720
>what is subjectivity
the real meme is hating them just because /bgg/ is a fucking echo chamber
>>
>>47528119
I don't hate them. They are extremely underwhelming to make me hate them.
>>
>>47527676
Why?
>>
>>47517745
>I am a gril btw xd
kys
>>
Hey /bgg/ what is a good game to play with my wife's son? He is 7 years old by the way and I take care of him when she is out all weekend.
>>
File: 1429155496870s.jpg (7 KB, 216x216) Image search: [Google]
1429155496870s.jpg
7 KB, 216x216
Looking for thoughts here on carcassone vs isle of skye

>>47513832
>It's better than Dominion
Agreed

>>47514046
what is the consensus on /tg about broom service? im in the market for lighter games, easy to teach, that are less than an hour these days
>>
File: 1372360292255.jpg (104 KB, 1096x720) Image search: [Google]
1372360292255.jpg
104 KB, 1096x720
>>47513832
>>Buddy floods my deck with Illness.
But Illness doesn't go in the deck, it attaches to chambered maids.
>>
>>47530837
>what is the consensus on /tg about broom service? im in the market for lighter games, easy to teach, that are less than an hour these days
I really enjoy Broom Service, but make no mistake that the game is not under an hour, especially if you're playing with hardened gamers who consider every option. It's one of those games where every single choice feels like the wrong choice, and you're permanently on the edge of your seat throughout the game.
>>
File: kids rec.png (1 MB, 1658x920) Image search: [Google]
kids rec.png
1 MB, 1658x920
>>47530803
Still haven't gotten around to finishing this, a good number of the games are more for 5yr old than 10yr olds, but it's not a bad starting point. If I had to play a game with a 7yr old tomorrow and didn't have any games available that'd work for him, I'd go down to my local Target and grab Forbidden Island. Otherwise Flash Point, or maybe KoT both are pretty solid and relatively easy to find. If the kid in question was quick to pick up rules, I might even grab the starter set of X-Wing, which gives them a cool toy to play with if nothing else.
>>
Is the new Warhammer Quest worth my hard-earned dosh? Or should I slowly set aside and just splurge 400$ on Kingdom Death?

Either way, I'm now twiddling my thumbs waiting for the Dark Souls kickstarter to ship.

>pic kinda related. I just bought it on eBay and got it in the mail. Are Kingdom Death minis around 50mm?
>>
>>47531128
There's always 'Kittens in a Blender'. :)
>>
>>47531372
>implying Kingdom Death is $400
Try $1000. For the base game. It sold out everywhere, and so it's getting scalped like crazy on the secondary market.
>>
>>47531128
Incan gold, its a simple game.of chicken, and the adult or older child can perform the gold splitting tasks.
>>
>>47527676
Really? I'll shill their games I really like, buts that only 2 out of their entire catalog. Their first few forays into games outside of summoner wars were duds or praised but you never heard people actually buying/playing them. Mice and mystics/tail feathers don't create a lot of buzz, so all that leaves is dead end of winter and specter ops as games that for hyped on through the roof.

Now CMON, there is a company that is all chrome, no engines under the hood.
>>
>>47532348
Yeah that's in the folder of images I have to sort and add to the chart, though not sure if I'd recommend that or looking for the new Iello version of Diamant that's supposed to be out soon. They did such a nice job with For Sale I feel like that's the way to go, assuming you're in a country that has access to the French editions, or don't mind paying shipping.
>>
>>47513727
indeed. got Oktoberfest and the CE box. time to pick up the other expansions
>>
>>47531372
The card game? I got it for my bithday; I'll go ahead and give it a try tomorrow, will post back later.

Anyone tried out Sherlock Holmes game? It's on sale on CSI, and given I figure it's about time I get the exp for Terra Mystica. Plus I need an excuse to pre-order Falling Sky with free shipping.
>>
>>47532546
>Anyone tried out Sherlock Holmes game?
Beware a typo/misprint that makes one case unsolvable, but yes, definitely worth it. Soon as you guys put two and two together on a case and figure shit out, it's worth it.
>>
>>47532649
Play with friends?
>>
Opinions on Arctic Scavengers?
>>
>>47532729
Kind of a strange concept, but yes.
>>
>>47532416
>Now CMON, there is a company that is all chrome, no engines under the hood.
I was very disappointed by Blood Rage for this reason.
Is Les Grizzleables made by them, or just published?
>>
>>47533185
Just published I think. It's a pair of Europeans that made the game. And what a game it is.
>>
>>47531128
You know he was baiting you, right?
>>
>>47531372
>WHQ
Lol no.
Not worth it AT ALL.
I really considered it and thought it looked neat. Buuuut the game is pretty shitty and unless you're using the minis for other stuff it is overpriced as fuck for a shitty dungeon crawler.

>KD
>$400
If you find a copy of KD for $400 you may as well just turn around and resale for double if not triple the cost.
I love KD and I'm glad I have it (and the dragon!) but the difficulty and cost of getting it now that's it's sold out is pretty ludicrous.
>>
>>47533946
It's not bait if you answer earnestly.
>>
Hey Steev or anyone that could help a Dummy. What should I get/print to play Shattered Ascension updated Twilight Imperium.
>>
>>47532885
A thoroughly mediocre deckbuilder that plays exactly the same each time you play it. Game is basically on autopilot; you look at each hand and there's exactly one efficient way of doing it. Biggest problem with the game is that the highest scoring cards are also the best cards to use, making card purchasing decisions particularly degenerate. It's like if Provinces and Gold Coins were the same card in Dominion. People just look at their hand and buy the most expensive card they can, because that card is both the best for scoring and for playing.
>>
What thing puts you off when hearing about a new game? For me is "it's a dungeon crawler", I immediately zone out. How many do we really need? It's more of the same. Play an rpg for fucks sake.
>>
>>47474073
>>47474335
>>47472958
>>47468479
What is this "Dominions"?
>>
>>47531128
>Tsuro
Do you hate children?
>Mice & Mystics
If you want to give them a simple "cute" dungeon crawler, there are better alternatives.
>>
>>47534357
The most critical components if you want to start easing yourself into the new rules are the Race Sheets, Strategy Cards, Tech Chart, and Racial Tech/Objective/Flagship cards. For the race sheets and tech sheet, I just printed them out and laminated them. Amazon has a great cheap laminator and lamination sleeves, cut the lamination sleeves after you seal them to size with one of those fatass office paper cutters, radius the corners by stealing a scapbook cornering tool from one of your grandmothers basements.
Strategy cards are a little tougher. I lucked out and had an entire second free set because I asked for a few replacement tokens from FFG and they sent me basically the entire cardboard contents of both expansions minus the box. You can modify your original strategy cards if you'd like, but making a semi-permenant jump to the SA rules might be more than you want to do. Anyways, accomplished making them by just buying some page-sized label paper, printing the cards onto them at the appropriate scale, and then cutting and sticking the strategy card stickers onto the old strategy cards. Not too hard.
For racial cards I just printed them out and stuck them in appropriate sleeves with some of the extra cards FFG had thrown at me for backing because reasons.

Sorry about the wall of text, you asked and it's late and my allergy-ridden eyes aren't going to edit this shit for readability.
>>
>>47496349

I have. Machi Koro in a dungeon. Depending on my mood, I either like Valeria more or MK.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 46

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.