[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is your favorite obscure bit of lore hidden away in the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 37
File: Chaplain.jpg (445 KB, 1600x1116) Image search: [Google]
Chaplain.jpg
445 KB, 1600x1116
What is your favorite obscure bit of lore hidden away in the 40k mythos?

I like everything related to the hrud and their patchy relationship to time and how they sometimes act as if the imperium has been non-existent for several millenia.

What's the best only implied or otherwise esoteric bit of world building in the setting?
>>
The implication that Malcador the Sigilite belonged to/founded/ran the Illuminati, which might be related to his =][= sigil
>>
File: Judaspainkiller.jpg (58 KB, 500x492) Image search: [Google]
Judaspainkiller.jpg
58 KB, 500x492
The tiny sliver of the Emperors armor inbedded in the Crux Terminatus, AKA Terminator Honors of every single Space Marine Chapter.
>>
Always thought the Omega Vault was cool
>>
>>47465402
The Pale Wasting has always interested me. The possibility of an invasion of non Chaos eldritch abominations so utterly alien and terrible that it was completely wiped from history, even after it ravished an entire sector and destroyed 2 chapters of marines.
>>
>>47465402
Not exactly obscure, but the whole "Blood ravens are actually loyal Thousand Sons" Could honestly change some shit on the setting
>>
>>47466202
Of course they're loyalist sons. They clearly got their Custodes armor off the dead when the Corvidae Cult went back to Prospero
>>
>>47466151
The one thing 40k needs more of is "one off" eldrich horror. Weird events that /aren't/ obviously chaos or C'tan or anything we're well familiar with, but are nonetheless ancient and numinous and existentially threatening. The only things that really fill that are the Pale Wasting and the Tyrant Star.
>>
>>47466202

I know right? I kind of wish the chapters with unknown foundings would play a bigger role in the story as a whole. I mean, they already showed us that Bjorn is fighting demons when he's not actively awake so why can't other weird shit about the different chapters come into play?
>>
The initial split in the protoinquisition right after the horus heresy, where some wanted to try and revive the emperor, and some wanted to keep him on the golden throne for stability.
>>
>>47466238
The whole thing about this is that, either the Imperium goes into civil war 2 electric boogaloo or those other chapters simply go rogue
>>
Also not super obscure, but the Exorcists basically being Grey Knights successors, but being EVEN MORE hardcore, EVEN MORE incorruptible, and EVEN MORE anti-daemon, despite having none of the Inquisitions backing or psychic powers.
>>
>>47466290
I thought they were Grey Knight predecessors. Like the prototypes.
>>
>>47465402
Also, the whole Sons of Malal/Malice thing, whatever the fuck happened to then ?
>>
>>47466151
>>47466231
What about The Hadex Anomaly?
>>
>>47466361
Nah, other way around mate.

>>47466366
I have no idea, but they're legitimately the only chaos warband that I like.
>>
>>47466361
A short story said they are of the Grey Knight's unique gene-seed. They're a successor
>>
>>47466238
>I mean, they already showed us that Bjorn is fighting demons when he's not actively awake

What?
>>
>>47466411
From the curse of the Wulfen book
>>
>>47466411
The wulfin book had a scene that shows that Bjorn, like the Emperor, wages psychic war on the daemons of the warp to prevent them frrom breaking into real space.

Like most new fluff for the past 8 years I pretend it never happened
>>
>>47466392
That's an interesting one, but it still falls within the category of a warp storm, even if it is unique in it's manifestation. Although you would be hard pressed to find a warp storm much spookier than that.
>>
>>47466441

>bjorn has midichlorians

lol
>>
>>47466475
I thought the hadex anomaly wasn't a warp storm?
>>
>>47465402
The minor chaos gods, there were some old lore bits about how the raptors worshiped a good of speed or some shit and that thing was simply forgotten
>>
>>47466404
Hm. Might be older fluff. Whatever.
>>
>>47466361
Grey Knights came first with the anti-daemon wards and Aegis armour.

Then the Exorcists said "None of that pussy shit for US, thank you", donned standard Power Armour, and instead got daemons to fucking possess them, and then forced them out through sheer force of willpower. This ended up with them never being able to be possessed again and essentially making them unassailable by daemons - at least psychically.

The Fifth Captain, I think, took it a step further and had hexagrammic wards inscribed on his fucking bones so just being near him hurts daemons.
>>
>>47466537
>The Fifth Captain, I think, took it a step further and had hexagrammic wards inscribed on his fucking bones so just being near him hurts daemons
Going by the Grey Knight novels, their geneseed is supposed to do that as well
>>
>>47466537
Plus their named character, Silas Alberec, is approx. Primarch-sized.

He's to a Space Marine as an Ogryn is to a Guardsman.

He also does ridiculous damage to Daemons and still doesn't have his own model. Sadly.
>>
>>47466562
Where are his stats?
>>
>>47466562
That's the guy I was talking about.

He wields a fucking morningstar. Not a POWER morningstar, just a normal one that acts like a fucking power weapon.
>>
>>47466151
>>47466231
Necrons. It was Necrons. The Ghoul Stars is heavily populated with Necron Tomb Worlds. The Pale Wasting is about "Star-spawned plague" and "Nightmare engines" slaughtering the populations of whole sectors".

Also the most convincing evidence is the Death Spectres who after the Pale Wasting took the duty of standing watch over the Ghoul Stars to protect the rest of the galaxy.

In the marine codex it was said the Death Spectres are protecting the galaxy from the "Undead" threat of the Ghoul Stars. Turns out in a short story named "Flayed" that these undead are the Necrons.

You guys cannot read the writing in the wall for shiz.
>>
File: image.jpg (163 KB, 631x928) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
163 KB, 631x928
>>47466590
See for yourself, sorry for the poor quality pic though.

>>47466607
Aye, and the Storm Wardens wield Astartes sized Claymores. Not power Claymores, just normal slabs of metal. One of the reasoms why both of them are my favorite chapters. Because they're awesome.
>>
>>47466441
You could just give the man PTSD, not make it actual fucking demons.
>>
>>47466694
Do Marines outside of the Blood Angels even get PTSD?
>>
>>47465929
Just terminator captains. So 1,000 shards rather than 100,000.
>>
>>47466607
>>
>>47466929
Yeah that dude. Oh, it IS a power morningstar. My bad. I guess he's only fucking Strength 8 with it deactivated rather than 10.

Oh, and Third Captain, not Fifth. Whoops.
>>
>Angel Exterminatus novel
>Flashback to a guys past life in the Battle of Verdun
>Vicious hand to hand fighting in trenches
>German soldier mumbles "blood for the blood god" in the heat of battle.

Khorne influencing WW1 always amused me
>>
>>47467039
as dumb as perpetuals are lore-wise, that's pretty awesome
>>
File: 1463800258063.png (596 KB, 509x447) Image search: [Google]
1463800258063.png
596 KB, 509x447
>>47467039
"BLUDT FÜR DER BLUDT GOTT!"
>Spade to the face
>>
>>47466231
Amen brother.
>>47466624
Hrrmph. Are these Newcrons or Oldcrons? If they're a terrifying legion of unstoppable killing machines serving an implacable Lovecraftian Star God I'm down, but if they're the servants of a charming old geezer who just likes collecting things I'm less into it.
>>
>>47467039
i am honest fucking surprised that we don't see the influence of the chaos gods on the past in the Lore
>>
>>47467223
Newcrons, but also probably the former anyway.
>>
>>47467239
How are Oldcron style Newcrons doing in the fluff these days? (There's got to be a better shorthand for Necrons from present fluff who *feel* like old fluff Necrons.)
Last I checked GW was hitting the whole "wacky space Tomb Kings" thing pretty hard, but I'm not really up to date.
>>
>>47467284
They exist, sort of. There's one dynasty ruled by a preserver AI that wants to wipe out everything, and loyalist dynasties are secretly out there as well
>>
File: MayOverlord.jpg (134 KB, 563x821) Image search: [Google]
MayOverlord.jpg
134 KB, 563x821
>>47467284
Eh, 7th made it more clear that both still exist in the galaxy. There are Necrons who have lost almost all of their emotion/sentience, Necrons who still worship/ are powered by large C'tan shards, even Necrons were everyone from the lowest warrior has all their sentience.

Obviously all the named characters are from the more human bunch, but that seems like a given to me. There are a few less so though, like the Maynarkh dynasty. Every single one of them is infected with the Flayer virus, so it's leaders have basically just decided to wipe out all life in the galaxy because it's the only thing they're good for now. They have a "female" phaeron too.

The C'tan are also a lot less contained, and still incredibly powerful. One shard of the Void Dragon destroyed a dozen world's single handedly before being shoved back into a vault by an entire Dynasty.
>>
>>47467332
>There's one dynasty ruled by a preserver AI that wants to wipe out everything,

Oldcrons don't exist in any capacity.

And that AI doesn't rule over a dynasty. It rules over a few Tomb Worlds and alien planets. It doesn't want to wipe out anything. It wants to conquer and enslave all forms of life in the galaxy and impose silent order. The living that it enslaves are mindschakled to its will.

>>47467223
Currently, they are Newcrons.
>>
>>47467332
>>47467333
>>47467421

Well, I'm less pissed at Newcrons than I was a while back I guess. Thanks for educating me Anon. I still would broadly prefer more rampant C'tan as a rising/inevitable threat, but this sounds like an ok balance.
>>
File: Tesseract-ark10.jpg (121 KB, 800x680) Image search: [Google]
Tesseract-ark10.jpg
121 KB, 800x680
>>47467333
This Newcron apologetics is hilarious. The obvious and disgusting lies.

>Necrons who still worship/ are powered by large C'tan shards

That's a lie. There is zero mention of Necrons serving the C'tan.

> even Necrons were everyone from the lowest warrior has all their sentience

Rumored only and confined to one dynasty.

>There are Necrons who have lost almost all of their emotion/sentience

They are programmed by the tomb computers to mimic dynastic behaviour.

>There are a few less so though, like the Maynarkh dynasty. Every single one of them is infected with the Flayer virus, so it's leaders have basically just decided to wipe out all life in the galaxy because it's the only thing they're good for now. They have a "female" phaeron too.

The Maynarkh dynasty are not less "human" than their counterparts. They are infact more emotional and savage than their peers even before they were infected. The only stoic figure in their ranks is their Nemesor.

>so it's leaders have basically just decided to wipe out all life in the galaxy

A flimsy justification for the fact that they require tons of flesh and bloodshed to satiate their hunger

>The C'tan are also a lot less contained

One escaped shard does not make them less contained. The C'tan are still an irrelevance in Newcron lore
>>
>>47467486
The other two anons were taking shit.

You should be still pissed.
>>
>>47466990
Regardless, your original point remains. What's the fucking point of a power field when you clobber someone across the dome with a 600 lb block of space steel? It's redundant, at best.
>>
>>47467525
It's for when you want to clobber someone across the dome when they're behind a slab of armor.
>>
>>47467580
Ironically, most of what he fights are probably demons and so don't wear armor.
>>
>>47467595
Daemons sometimes wear hellforged armor, especially Bloodthirsters and daemonic heralds.
>>
>>47467595
Daemon Princes, mang. You really think they'd send a guy the size of a Primarch against anything that isn't as equally big and scary?
>>
I like stuff about Halo stars.
Proper spooky.
Especially shit like the halo artifacts.
>>
>>47465402
I'd really like the Rak'gol to be expanded upon. I'd love to see what passes for a Rak'gol tank, or walker.
>>
>>47467125
>BLUT FÜR DAS BLUT GOTT!
>>
>>47467498
>The C'tan are still an irrelevance in Newcron lore
Good.
The c'tan were shite.
>>
>>47465402
The Ordo Chronos and the fact that they might've accidentally erased themselves from existence while investigating time anomalies in the warp.
>>
I always liked the Ordo Astra

it sounds like they have a lot of fun exploring the galaxy and keeping the maps up to date
>>
My favourite is probably the subtle pun/dig in the name of Geller Fields. Just like Uri Geller, they ensure nothing supernatural happens in their area.
>>
>>47467699
>Ordo Chronos
Who?
>>
>>47467655
I'd love a more streamlined aesthetic for them. The jagged and ramshackle look is overused in 40k.
>>
>>47465402
I'm a fan of the Umbra myself.
>>
File: image.jpg (262 KB, 1024x683) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
262 KB, 1024x683
>>47467929
I think the fucked up look works for them. It's also a little different compared to orks or chaos. I always imagined their stuff being crude and roughly made, but also utilitarian and almost industrial looking.

I'd also like their relationship to technology expanded upon, with Rak'gol that have replaced most of their bodies with cybernetics or embedded themselves in technology.
>>
>>47467333
>shard of the void dragon
where did you see this?
I'm almost positive he's unshattered and resting below mars
>>
>>47468019
>or embedded themselves in technology.
Why does this remind me of the Strogg? Also, if we ever make a Rak'gol codex, then ALL of their vehicles should count as either monstrous or gargantuan creatures.
>>
>>47468019
Crude and roughly made kinda goes against utilitarian and industrial. A very streamlined and minimalist look would make them pop against the other factions
>>
File: image.jpg (239 KB, 734x1238) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
239 KB, 734x1238
>>47468095
Because the Rak'gol have that same sort of biomechanical body horror of crude augmentations inelegantly imbedded in tortured flesh.
>>
>>47468080
The 7th ED codex.

Matt Ward even said that the Void Dragon was sharded in the WD that introduced the Necrons. Who you so slowpoke?
>>
>>47468099
Maybe it's a mix of both? While the original weapon or piece of tech may have been streamlined at some point, it has had modifications and attachments added over the course of its ownership, so it looks nothing like the original weapon on the outside.

>>47468110
That would be why then.
>>
>>47467125
>>47467659

BLUT FÜR DEN BLUT GOTT, SCHÄDEL FÜR DEN SCHÄDELTHRON, MILCH FÜR DIE KHORNEFLAKES

fucking americans, german isn't that hard
>>
>>47468099
Against which? The streamlined and minimalist Eldar, or the streamlined and minimalist Necrons, or the streamlined and minimalist Tau?
>>
>>47467929
>>47467655
I'm pretty fond of that look as is. Streamlined-industrial. Very clearly technic, kind of janky/primitive looking, and a dash of alien to it.

I also think the rak'gol are cool, but mainly because they were written A, by FFG, and B, not as a full codex. I think a lot of the cool factor would be taken away if we got a codex worth of information on them and army models and whatnot.
>>
>>47468095
Speaking of vehicles...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxvN8CcouyQ

Just replace the AI pods with Embedded Rak'gol and you should be good.
>>
>>47468228
>I think a lot of the cool factor would be taken away if we got a codex worth of information on them and army models and whatnot.
True dat.
>>
>>47468153
Neither the Eldar nor the Necrons are streamlined or minimalist and, while minimalist, the Tau switch between curved and square too much to be streamlined.
>>
>>47468137
The German dub for Chaos Space Marines from the first Dawn of War is so much better than the English version, and the English version is great
>>
>>47468292
yeah. German chaos berserkers really are soulless monstrosities instead of being just good VAs
>>
File: the harrowing.jpg (313 KB, 736x651) Image search: [Google]
the harrowing.jpg
313 KB, 736x651
The Harrowing. A thing so terrifying Imperium had to use weapons they have not even used during Horus Heresy or any of the Black Crusades,
Pic related

>>47466151
>http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Pale_Wasting
>Eleven other Space Marine Chapters were destroyed in the war against the ancient threat

Whatever this was,it was Black Crusade tier
>>
>>47468110
Ehh, Dark Eldar already have that going for them.
>>
>>47468354
>The Harrowing

First of all
>FFG

Secondly, there is zero proof that it happened from the picture you keep posting.

Thirdly, it's a stupid plot hook. A GM can have it be anything. For example, If I said it was time travelling Tau drones from the from the future, then it will be perfectly valid.

Seriously this has to be the most overwanked because of literal NOTHING in the whole fandom of 40K.

>Whatever this was

Necrons. How many times do I have to say it?
>>
>>47468411
overwanked piece of literal NOTHING*
>>
The Ordo Chronos. Time isn't as explored in the 40k universe as other aspects of the warp are, and its relative lack of exposition in the fluff besides the occasional lost ship or warp anomaly make it really interesting to explore - it's something that remains mysterious, especially in its relation to the Hadex, Hrud, etc etc.

Also, the sheer incomprehensibility of a lot of Xenos life and culture to humans is a great theme, especially in the mysterious outer fringes of the Warhammer universe. The first Eisenhorn book did this but explained it was due to warpy shit, but I really like the ideas put forth by authors such as Lem which argue that a lot of alien "life" (like the planet in Solaris) is completely incomprehensible to humans at our present level of understanding. There could be an interesting way to combine time and xenos incomprehensibility, but I'm afraid it'd give my Dark Heresy players headaches and make them conspire to murder me more so than they do already.

A quick bunch of six sessions or so playing as Ordo Chronos agents could be fun, if just to play around with time mechanics and eveneventually crash-land in M-400000000 or M100.

>>47466151
>>47466231
I also agree with this, and have been incorporating more Weird Alien Shit (for lack of a better term): ruins that change form silently when no-one is looking at them while retaining their coating of dust and vines, archaeoxenotech weapons that serve to implant random ideas into people and make them extraordinarily passionate about them to the point of giving up everything else in life, temples built by extinct races to dead gods that may or may not hold a little of the gods' residual power in their sacred objects, et cetera

Basically, I think 40k could do to emphasize how bizarre and unexplanable the universe can be, especially in the halo stars and the vast swaths of space untouched by warp routes until recently.
>>
>>47465402
I like how the custodes are supposedly fighting an endless battle against from the warp excursion caused by the failing golden throne, right under the Imperial Palace.
>>
>>47468449
Pretty sure, the breach was sealed.
>>
>>47467906
Inquisitors dedicated to investigating time distortion fuckery.
>>
>>47468489
Inquisitor Doctorus Who
>>
>>47468505
>The Doctor actually knew Emps when he was young man
I can see this being a thing.
>>
>>47468411
>Necrons. How many times do I have to say it?

Necrons can now open portals to another dimensions?
Sure thing m8
>>
>>47468542
You illiterate moron. This was meant for the Pale Wasting

In this response to

"Whatever this was,it was Black Crusade tier"

>Necrons can now open portals to another dimensions?

Yes, they can. Have you opened any Newcron codex lately? Fucking illiterate wankers. I am surrounded by them.
>>
What's the deal with the Ouroboros.

How is it connected to Cypher.
>>
>>47468576
You sound like you just alt tabbed from /v/
>>
>>47468602
in fairness the Harrowing is vague enough it could have been Chaos or Necrons
besides, Necrons can teleport n shit, some illeterate ass Imperial somewhere would see that and go SURELY THEY TRAVEL BETWEEN DIMENSIONS
>>
File: RT Missions Doctor Who.jpg (67 KB, 418x385) Image search: [Google]
RT Missions Doctor Who.jpg
67 KB, 418x385
>>47468514
>>47468505
Well, the Doctor did have a small cameo in 40k back in the days of Rogue Trader
>>
>>47465402
That's a nice picture, OP.
>>
>>47468602
I am just mad.

How could you have missed all the Necron dimensional shifting abilities? For fucks sake, one of monolith abilities is to suck units into another universe, the C'tan have 3 or four abilities that result in folks being thrown in alternative universes/dimensions, and the Necrons Deathmark regularly make use of dimensions to hunt their prey. That and more besides.

What's wrong with you?!

>in fairness the Harrowing is vague enough it could have been Chaos or Necrons

Or it might not happened at all. Since when do we take the tinfoil hatery of heretics as solid facts? And why do we wank them?

And if did happen, then the most likely culprit is the massive Necron presence chilling in the Halo Stars.
>>
>>47468645
>some illeterate ass Imperial somewhere would see that and go SURELY THEY TRAVEL BETWEEN DIMENSIONS
At which point said citizen would be BLAMMED by an Arbites.
>>
Ordo Sepulturum
Grimdark CDC on steroids for whom a zombie apocalype is just another day on the office. Obliterator cults,plague of the unbelievers, tyrannid brain leaches...I want to know if they have a chamber militant, if they prefer stormtroopers for search and exfiltratrion operations or sisters for fire purging...
>>
>>47468796
>sisters for fire purging
I'd extinguish a sister.
>>
>>47468836
>I'd extinguish a sister.
That just gave me a rather funny mental image. It was guardsman extinguishing the pilot light on a SoBs flamer if you must know.
>>
>>47468691
>Since when do we take the tinfoil hatery of heretics as solid facts? And why do we wank them?
ALL the fucking time!
For years the entire perception of Dark Angel's lore was based around this very concept.
>>
>>47468602
Yeah, Carnac does seem to have become angrier over the years.
>>
>>47468885
>pilot light
Qué?
>>
>>47466990
No, he's str 5 with a 2x str weapon >>47466663, so yeah he hits harder than most artillery
>>
>>47468922
you know, that little valve under the main barrel of the flamer, a little flame comes out of that and ignites the promethium when the weapon is fired. The mental image I got was of a Guardsman blowing the pilot light out.
>>
>>47468935
Oh. Okay.

Sorry, I'm not an expert on flamethrower.
>>
>>47467627
>Like most new fluff for the past 8 years I pretend it never happened
Share, I haven't heard this lore
>>
Void Whales
I love any offhand mention of them eating a planet, or Orkz trying to waagh against them and getting crumped
>>
>>47466515
It is, but is defies regular classification
>>
>>47468900
I am especially angry today because Total Warhammer sucked.

I spent 20 hours on the Chaos campaign dealing with the Norscan chads, destroying the Empire and chasing their last remnants, curbstamnong the Undead, and and digging up the blasted dwarfs from their warrens.

What did I get for all of this? No cinematic, no bloody fanfare for ushering the end of the world. All I got was a "You won the game" pop up. What the hell CA? WHAT THE HELL?
>>
>>47466231
The C'tan actually started that way. They were first mentioned in 40K: Rogue Trader in a throwaway line about Imperial forces "guarding the gates of Varl from the quiescent peril of the C'tan".
>>
>>47468983
The Necrons who examined it believe it is sentient because as they were looking at it, it was looking back at them.
>>
>>47466624
>You guys cannot read the writing in the wall for shiz.

That's cause the writing is new. The references to the Pale Wasting started out mysterious, and crap explicitly related to the Necrons were added later. GW, sadly, made the mistake of removing mystery from the setting, rather than adding new elements.
>>
>>47468987
You shouldn't play 8-bit Armies then.
It says A winner is you.
>>
>>47468987
>What did I get for all of this? No cinematic, no bloody fanfare for ushering the end of the world. All I got was a "You won the game" pop up. What the hell CA? WHAT THE HELL?
That's been a trend for some time in CA games. OK early game. Fun midgame. Draining late-game. Literally nothing for you when you win.
>>
>>47466537
>got daemons to fucking possess them, and then forced them out through sheer force of willpower. This ended up with them never being able to be possessed again and essentially making them unassailable by daemons
Huh. That's the same ritual some Eldar Harlequins go through (I think Solitaires?). I wonder if that's where they got the idea.
>>
>>47467060

Perpetuals are one of the best things in post 2e fluff.
>>
>>47469172
Random selections of humans who, independent of warp shenanigans (the one true magic bean in 40k) inexplicably are able to survive literally any physiological damage and are mainly utilized as the most lazy plot device and literary tool conceivable for 40k lorewriters who don't get that affirming "The Emperor would spring back from that chair if he would be allowed to die" garbles finely tuned canon.

Please justify perpetuals to me
>>
>>47469220
>implying we have to justify anything to you
>>
>>47469220
>independent of warp shenanigans

Nothing says that they are independent to the Warp. In fact, Warp based attacks and rituals have the ability to possibly perma-kill them. Heck, a Grey Knight character is believed to be the last Perpetual.

The origins of the True Perpetuals are unknown. All know is that the Emperor, Alivia Sureka, and Pious are among them. They were active in ancient Terra and have travelled around the world. Alivia makes mention of visiting ancient Greece and 20th century Demnark. Pious have been fighting battles since the days of ancient Greece and lost his memory at some point. Alivia was recruited as a companion by the Emperor and both them travelled the galaxy together.

Alivia recently made some comments that might shed some light on their origin. She said that despite all the cunning that was put in creating them (immortal and resistant to Chaos), they are not immune to temptation. This implies that someone created the True Perpetuals (Emperor, Alivia, Pious, and possibly many more). The real questions are WHO did it, and for what PURPOSE?
>>
File: 03.jpg (512 KB, 1177x1587) Image search: [Google]
03.jpg
512 KB, 1177x1587
>>47466266
Moriana's fate is particularly interesting.
>>
File: 087.jpg (714 KB, 1674x1230) Image search: [Google]
087.jpg
714 KB, 1674x1230
>>47469281
>>
>>47469258
Forget a bit.

The Emperor is a powerful psychic and Alivia has potent psychic empathic abilities which enable her to bind people and even marines to her will. Who knows what are Pious's ability will be if he ever recovered his memory?

Independent of the Warp? I don't think so.
>>
File: Iskander Khayon.jpg (59 KB, 481x724) Image search: [Google]
Iskander Khayon.jpg
59 KB, 481x724
>>47469281
>>47469285
>So we will come to the arrival of Moriana, handmaiden to the Emperor and seer to the Despoiler, known across the Empire of the Eye as the Weeping Girl. We will come to the Tower of Silence and the daemon blade Drach’nyen. We will come to the Krukal’Righ, forged in the oceans of unreality and called Planet Killer by the Imperium of Man.

-------

>I have always regarded prophecy with great distaste. I loathed it when I first walked the decks of the Vengeful Spirit with Telemachon and Lheor. I loathe it all the more fervently now– eternity with Ashur-Kai, Sargon, Zaraphiston and Moriana has done nothing to kindle any reverence in me. No soul is as self-righteous as one that believes it gazes into the future.

>I reserve my most ardent distaste for Moriana. More than one of Ezekyle’s lieutenants has threatened to slaughter his contrary prophetess. Several of them have been executed for trying to make their threats a reality. In one case I wielded the killing spear myself, stealing a brother’s life by the Warmaster’s command. How I burned to turn the blade on Moriana as she looked on, smiling, at Ezekyle’s side. I have never forgiven her for that day. I never will.

-Talon of Horus
>>
File: 216.jpg (848 KB, 1158x1543) Image search: [Google]
216.jpg
848 KB, 1158x1543
>>47466361
>>47466533
The Armageddon campaign site's fluff about their creation established them as 13th Founding - much later than old Chapter 666 - and even had some actual Grey Knights present for their first deployment.

http://web.archive.org/web/20010414221942/http://www.armageddon3.com/English/Campaign/Troops/exorcists.html

>To: ++ Inquisition Clearance Insufficient ++

>From: ++ Inquisition Clearance Insufficient ++

>Date: 013.M36

>Subject: Adeptus Astartes, Exorcists Chapter

>Thought for the day: Ruthlessness is the kindness of the wise.

>Honoured Lord, it is with great pleasure I contact you to inform you of the success of our project. Minor setbacks aside, I can report that the first two companies of the Chapter created in this thirteenth founding are responding well to the daemonic possession therapy. Under controlled hexagramic conditions, the subjects were exposed to possession by minor creatures from the daemonic pantheon under the watchful eye of Ordo Malleus daemon hunters protected by sigils and wards of great power. Incense inimical to the summoned creatures was burned while chants of binding were continually intoned from the ++Liber Expurgatorius. Inquisition Clearance Insufficient ++.

>Once the subject was exposed to the essence of the daemon, the creature was allowed to remain in the host body for twelve hours before being cast out by a daemon hunter. In some cases the resultant physical and psychological damage to the Space Marines was irreparable and we were forced to terminate, but the majority of the subjects survived the procedure and required only minor reconstructive surgery and corrective psychotherapy.
>>
File: 217.jpg (880 KB, 1163x1575) Image search: [Google]
217.jpg
880 KB, 1163x1575
>>47469344

>After a period of recuperation, the subjects were instructed in the methods of combating the daemonic, trained in the use of the 666 verses of the Book of Exorcisms and equipped with the weapons of an Exorcist. The two companies were then put into action on a daemon infested world on the northern fringes of the Eye of Terror. With a squad of the Grey Knights held in reserve, the Exorcist Space Marines achieved a kill ratio of 97:1. Impressive under normal circumstances, but against the daemonic, I'm sure you'll agree that these figures clearly indicate that the procedure is both safe and effective. The test subjects adrenal production more than tripled and levels of the neurotransmitter Serotonin dropped drastically, resulting in heightened states of aggression and combat effectiveness. Only 1% of the Space Marine subjects re-succumbed to daemonic influence on the planet and I believe that, subject to careful monitoring, this Chapter might eventually be granted a base and limited autonomy within a reasonable time frame.

>With this success behind us, I believe the time is right to begin the creation of a full Chapter of Exorcists. The technology is in place and the need for such troops has never been greater. The two test companies can be integrated into normal Chapter organisation with the minimum of fuss and the resulting Chapter of Exorcists could be operational within less than fifty years. By then, the minor side effects that have manifested in a number of test subjects should hopefully be eliminated.

>I remain your humble servant

>Lauram Clelland

>Genetor-Major, Xenobiologis
>>
>>47469344
>The Armageddon campaign
Didn't dat have a big tentacally fing in it? it was mentioned on the Ork Submersible apocalypse datasheet.
>>
Get that retcon out of here.
>>
>>47469382
What the squid monster, or the stuff the other anon was talking about?
>>
>>47469375
Can't remember if it came up in the campaign itself; I always assumed it was just a throwaway anecdote invented for said datasheet.
>>
Cypher

And ahriman an his black library quest. He embodies the whole major concept of while knowledge, while a good goal, is terribly dangerous in the 40k universe.
Ignorance is a virtue
>>
>>47465402
Eldar Exodites.

One thing I loved about the Dark Eldar trilogy was how much revolved around them. Seriously a world spirit became a fucking dragon tearing the planet apart because some DE killed the shrine guardians and stole their shrine maiden
>>
>>47469939
>stole their shrine maiden
I'd steal a shrine maiden's virginity too.
>>
File: rick-and-morty-wallpaper.jpg (587 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
rick-and-morty-wallpaper.jpg
587 KB, 1920x1080
>>47469939
That Incubi guy went out like a boss fighting that Spirit Dragon.
Hopefully his soul found rest in the gestalt consciousness of the dragon that consumed him.

The path of Dark Eldar novels are fucking suberb in general imo. I wish that there were more books about them, and Commoragh. It is such an interesting setting.

I read the books rather recently, and curiously, the Haemonculi character and his wrack assistant constantly reminded me of picture related. I kept reading their dialogue with Rick and Morty's voices.
>>
>>47468228
>I think a lot of the cool factor would be taken away if we got a codex worth of information on them and army models and whatnot.

Completely correct. The more the writer leaves up to the imagination of the reader, the better.
>>
>>47468422

>Ordo Chronos

Mah nigga. I've been planning a Black Crusade campaign where the whole campaign takes place during the span of like 3 days, Majora's Mask style, with Ordo Chronos agents and time-copies of the PCs themselves as the opponents.
>>
>>47468228
>>47470623
I'd like for GW to release some sort of mini dex thing "Xenos raiders and Mercenaries" or something, that would include all sorts of warriors of minor xenos races, including the rak'gol, but also shit like the Hrud, Sslyth etc.
>>
>>47466889
No, original anon is right, 1 sliver for every Crux Terminatus. Doesn't say how big each shard has to be, though...
>>
I'll keep what I've heard to trusted allies thank you much.
>>
File: image.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1936
>>47465402
Who comes up with these fashion choices anyway?

I mean it's a cross between Liberace and that weird Mexican skull art.

It's freaky but more in an out of place kind of way.

The thing i find odd (not obscure though) are the way that the dreadnoughts are kept in suspended animation for up to 1000s of years. To me it macabre how you keep the brain alive, but with no flesh. Like dude from ultramarine with his fake super hands...

I mean what does his body look like without the carapace enclosing him.
>>
>>47465402
I always liked the interpretation that Khaine was a C'tan the Eldar worshiped, which is why he got shattered into thousands of shards instead of dying properly like the rest of the Eldar pantheon.
>>
>>47470734
That interpretation is fucking retarded.
>>
>>47470752
Just like you.
>>
>>47470734
>>47470752
>>47470755
The C'tan interpretation is quite problematic though. For a start, Khaine is explicitly described as fighting the C'tan (and the Nightbringer, no less) in Eldar mythology. Secondly, the Old Ones were noted as having extreme control over cultural development as well as genetic manipulation of their thrall-species, which begs the question as to why they would permit reverence of an enemy leader among their own soldiers.
>>
>>47467525
So you can clobber them better.

Come on anon.
>>
>>47470818
The Old Ones sound like dicks.
>>
Probably not obscure, but that one Ork and his warband that went to the Eye of Terror to kill all the daemons and ended up on a Khornate world where they were resurrected eternally to fight the same battle over and over again.

Ork paradise, basically.
>>
>>47468947
All i can remember is that halo artifact that goes in the neck that makes the used live really long life spans. But it makes turns them into monstrously mutated, insatiable cannibals.

Most of the people who uses them are powerful aristocrats in backwater territories, so hunting them down can be a bitch if an inquisitor even gave a damn. In a lot of cases they kidnap humans in mass to sate their hunger.
>>
>>47470891
What is this, Berserk?
>>
>>47470846
All subjective, I suppose. If you can shit out an entire species in an afternoon who exist for the sole purpose of wiping the dead scales off your saggy, reptilian flab, then I guess you lose perspective.
>>
>>47470901
True.
I mean, I kinda act like a dick in video games, I guess an all powerful toad would be the same.
>>
File: 1412591373647.png (127 KB, 257x250) Image search: [Google]
1412591373647.png
127 KB, 257x250
>>47470678
>homeopathic relics
>>
>>47470899
A bit yeah.

Though in the final phase of mutations even if you blow the fucker in a thousand pieces the body would still be able to reform.
>>
>>47470920
That's what I love about 40k. The Emperor was wrong, faith is vital to humanities survival. The warp works off belief. Just telling someone this has a sliver of the emperors armor makes it effective.
>>
>>47470978
>The Emperor was wrong
HERESY
>>
>>47470818
>For a start, Khaine is explicitly described as fighting the C'tan (and the Nightbringer, no less) in Eldar mythology
And majority of C'tan died in a civil war,thanks to the Deciever
>econdly, the Old Ones were noted as having extreme control over cultural development as well as genetic manipulation of their thrall-species, which begs the question as to why they would permit reverence of an enemy leader among their own soldiers.
Old Ones ain't shit when compared to C'tan. They could think it is just a normal god eldar worshipp
>>
>>47471104
>Deciever
Deceiver, anon.
>>
File: inq.jpg (82 KB, 749x565) Image search: [Google]
inq.jpg
82 KB, 749x565
All the unexplained Ordos.

Desolatus - just 1 Inquisitor (Desolatus being latin for: forsaken, abandoned, deserted, left alone, having been abandoned). My best guess is a inquisitor abandoned in a installation in the deepest depths of space, as a time capsule, or insurance policy against species death.

Thanatos - greek for death. however in psychoanalysis thanatos is our species wide drive towards death, or self destruction. the question is, whether the ordos is supposed to stop our urge to destroy ourselves, or accelerate it (or both sides of the coin..)

No clue for Necros though
>>
>>47471161
That's the spirit, Fyodor.
>>
>>47470818
>>econdly, the Old Ones were noted as having extreme control over cultural development as well as genetic manipulation of their thrall-species, which begs the question as to why they would permit reverence of an enemy leader among their own soldiers.

In the Liber Chatoica, you see a vision of the Eldar building psychic constructs as weapons against the Necrons and C'tan under the guidance of the Old Ones. As the war dragged on and the Old Ones started dying out from the Necron genocical onslaught, the Eldar, bereft of the wisdom of the Old Ones, came to worship their own creations. These psychic constructs eventually evolved into Warp Gods.

As the war continued and the Eldar Gods clashed with the Star Gods, reality and the warp began to twist and warp. The Eldar could no longer tell their gods from the C'tan and vice versca. It doesn't help that C'tan and Eldar Gods warred against and with their own sides or formed convoluted alliances with their friends and their enemies (You can thank Cegorach and Mephet'ran for that).
>>
>>47471161
I'm rather interested in the Ordo Vigilus myself, mainly because their area of vigilance IS the Ordo Necros, so once we know the role of the Ordo Necros, we'll know hy the Ordo Vigilus is watching them.
>>
>>47471161
>Ordor Desolatus
>one Inquisitor
I know why it's called like that.
>>
>>47467620
How tall are most primarchs exactly? 3 meters?
>>
>>47471240
Aren't they as tall as the Custodes?
>>
>>47471240
Taller than marines. The Lion was over three meters tall.
>>
>>47471238
Because the job is fucking dull?
>>
>>47471161
There is an entire Ordo that is supposed to watch over 5 inquisitors

What are Necros doing? Bringing back dead? Trying to revive the emperor?
>>
>>47471295
Because he's alone.
>>
>>47471161
I want to know about Ordo Senatorum and Ordo Thantos.
>>
>>47471320
>Ordo Senatorum
The one taking care of the Senate.
>Ordo Thantos
No clue.
>>
>>47468449
>>47468466
Sounds like BL fanfic to me.
>>
>>47469298
>Implying Pious isn't really The Emperor
>>
>>47471360
The Custodes protecting the Emperor's backdoor?
>>
>>47471343
The Imperium has a senate? Maybe they watch High Lord candidates?
>>
>>47467039
>>47467226
One of the old chaos demon codex had hints that one of the khorne bloodleters was Genghis Khan.
>>
>>47471360
No, it's GW lore, pleb.
>>
>>47471381
>The Imperium has a senate
Maybe had, and they forgot to tell the inquisition.
>>
File: Squat.jpg (64 KB, 738x936) Image search: [Google]
Squat.jpg
64 KB, 738x936
>>47465402
Not as obscure as the rest but I miss them.
>>
>>47468354
Could be the Slavers
>>
>>47468080
A large shard of him rests under mars, ALL the C'tan were sharded
>>
>>47471550
It could be a lot of things. That's the fucking point.
>>
>>47471161
there are as many inquisitors on earth/terra as there are watching ALL of the imperial guard
>>
>>47467835
Speaking of puns in 40k, I love how there's a whole space marine chapter that started out as a gay joke.
>>
>>47466889
Its every terminator.

Its a reference to how every shrine in the middle ages had a piece of wood from the "one true cross" when if piled togather you could build a ship out of the lumber.
>>
>>47471161
>>47471215
The most interesting being the two were created at the same time. Pointing toward the idea that whatever Necro's Inquiring into, its so corrupting that the guys who usually watch out for heresy HAD to be watched out for heresy. Instead of them simply watching each other like other orders do and extra eyes coming in should one fall to heresy.
>>
>>47471627
They most likely have more acolytes to help them out with that.
>>
>>47471302
Super high corrupting shit.
>>
>>47471161
My personal theory is the Ordo Necros are focused on determining EXACTLY what will happen if the Emperor dies. And whether it matters in the way he dies. By exactly, I mean intense modeling of every possible outcome, every way in which the Emperor could die. Whether it be further physical damage, being unplugged from the Golden Throne, a psychic backlast from the Golden Throne mechanism, a powerful enough demonic attack, or any number of other things. Each one may have different repercussions and beyond just the standard "What if the Emperor dies?" rhetoric.

By extension, the point of the Ordo Vigilus would be to ensure that whatever knowledge the Ordo Necros acquires through their investigation, absolutely NONE of it is acted upon.
>>
>>47471320
>>47471343
>>47471381
maybe its the inquisition who has a senate and forgot to tell the empire.
>>
>>47471682
That makes a lot of sense.
Probably more than what whoever wrote this had in mind, if there even was more than edgy names in the first place.
>>
>>47467835
Land Raider and Land Speeder
Both named after their constructor, Land
>>
>>47471682
I can dig, I mean, I won't because it would be pointless and I don't have a shovel, but I dig.
>>
>>47468940
Also every gas stove, furnace, or really anything that uses gas has a pilot light.
>>
>>47468292
I still hold that the German dub for the dreadnoughts is the coolest piece of video game voice acting ever
>>
File: myth.jpg (97 KB, 508x295) Image search: [Google]
myth.jpg
97 KB, 508x295
>>47470818
>For a start, Khaine is explicitly described as fighting the C'tan (and the Nightbringer, no less) in Eldar mythology.
I'm not saying the Khaine=C'tan theory is true, but Eldar mythology isn't really a rock-solid refutation. In at least one source, Khaine had been described as fighting alongside the Yngir against the Eldar; this was before the Oldcron codex's revelation that Yngir was the Eldar name for the C'tan, though that in itself was obviously written with how it would affect existing lore in mind. And the actual Oldcron fluff's Eldar myths about the C'tan contradicted each other - deliberately - in at least one very significant detail, casting further doubt on their reliability (not to mention other things). Which was just the way it should be.

>Secondly, the Old Ones were noted as having extreme control over cultural development as well as genetic manipulation of their thrall-species
Where?
>>
>>47471806
Doesn't beat the Chaplain's French voice.
The original Space Marines Captain was cool too, they replaced it later, I don't know why.
>>
>>47467835
Maybe actually there is just an ork(oid) in it to which some guy explained every magic tricks recorded in 40k+ of human history. Since the orkoid thinks he knows every trick, his own gestal prevents the warp from working.
>>
File: administratum.jpg (235 KB, 687x1040) Image search: [Google]
administratum.jpg
235 KB, 687x1040
>>47471161
>>47471682

I have a different theory, based not on the names, but on the nested-ordos thing. What's the most dangerous and corrupting idea the Inquisition deals with? It's something we know about, and know the Inquisition handles, but we don't know which Ordo handles it.

The goal of the Inquisition is to protect and preserve the Imperium, and Humanity, as it is. But they know that can't last forever. They know that humanity is developing into a full race of psykers, like the Eldar before them. And while the Inquisition works hard to slow this process, harvesting and controlling and monitoring psykers, some of them know it is inevitable. Mankind as they know it will end, evolving into something greater.

I think the Necros are in charge of studying and guiding this evolution. And they're kept small and have a whole Ordo just for keeping them under control because "lets mutate into superhumans by increasing our psychic abilities and connection to the warp" is the scariest and most tempting idea for an Inquisitor.
>>
>>47468691
>Tinfoil hate
Do I need to start a list?
>>
>>47471104
>And majority of C'tan died in a civil war,thanks to the Deciever
That would be fine, except that 90% of Eldar myth (including this particular snippet) are from the War in Heaven, Which is explicitly stated to be the Eldar interpretation of the Old One/C'tan war. This means that
>They could think it is just a normal god eldar worship
doesn't work either, because the Eldar gods are heavily implied (through in-universe speculation, similarities in both known and attributed actions and behaviour, as well as good old fashioned fan speculation) to have been the Old Ones, which developed into distinct Warp entities as worship and reverence fed them.
>>
>>47472054
>because the Eldar gods are heavily implied (through in-universe speculation, similarities in both known and attributed actions and behaviour, as well as good old fashioned fan speculation) to have been the Old Ones, which developed into distinct Warp entities as worship and reverence fed them.

The Liber disagrees and clearly shows that Old Ones =/= Eldar Gods. See >>47471190
>>
>>47472085
The Liber Chaotica'so lore is old and may have been overwritten by later works, though.
>>
>>47472149
It's contemporary to the Oldcron lore that you are discussing.
>>
>>47471190
>As the war dragged on and the Old Ones started dying out from the Necron genocical onslaught, the Eldar, bereft of the wisdom of the Old Ones, came to worship their own creations

Huh, I missed that. In fairness, Liber Chaotica, especially the parts relating to 40k, is a difficult source to interpret because of the character of the in universe author.

>>47471827
Well, as >>47471190 stated, the Old Ones directed the Eldar in using psychic constructs, laying the foundation for their highly-psychic society. Then there's the social engineering they got up to with the Krork and their Brainboyz, establishing a caste system within their society reinforced by genetic manipulation. Also, if we're using Liber as a source, we have all the evidence of Old One interference on the WHFB world, teaching runecraft to Dwarves, High Magic to Elves, and so on.
>>
>>47468411
I'm betting Yu'vath. They used to be active in Calixis and surrounding sectors, had some really freaky stuff, and it's heavily hinted the majority of them buggered off...somewhere long before the Imperial crusade conquered the sector.

Speaking of that, the Yu'vath. Bunch of eldritch warp worshiping xenos with technology that can do stuff like mind control planetary populations, extinguish stars, or alter your body and soul into something completely alien. They're supposed to be extinct, but it's hinted they're still somewhere, waiting to come back.
>>
>>47470660
>>>47469939
Quick: name all the xenos races that
1. have no models yet
B. we know at least a little bit about either how they might fight, or their physiology
>>
>>47470734
C'tan have no Warp presence and Khaine's battle against Slaanesh explicitly happened in the Warp
>>
>>47471240
Old fluff: Marines are 7 ft on average. Primarch are 8 ft on average.
New fluff: Marines are exactly as tall as they need to be. Primarchs are 12 feet tall to satisfy BL's gigantism fetish.
>>
>>47472814
So?

>624.M36 A Blade out of Time

>Although impossible to fix in time, this seems to be the first recorded instance where Cypher is seen carrying the C’tan phase knife – a weapon similar to the C’tan phase sword used by the Callidus Assassins. The blade of the knife can phase in and out of real-space by dimensional realignment, so it is capable of bypassing armour and protective fields. The knife was at some point lost in battle with the C’tan known as the Deceiver in the opening stages of the 13th Black Crusade, however, the battle occurred in the Warp and seems to have been subject to a strange loop in either the time continuum or reality itself. Cypher is most often seen without the blade, but true to its name, the knife occasionally phases back into being beneath his cloak.
>>
>>47465402
I've always found the halo devices creepy.
>>
>>47472927
METERS, MOTHERFUCKER! METERS! NOT FEET!
>>
>>47472789
Demiurg, Nicassar, Rak'Gol, Tarellians, Stryxis, and Hrud, just at the top of my hat.
There are plenty more minor xenos.
>>
File: Tablet.jpg (2 MB, 2382x1750) Image search: [Google]
Tablet.jpg
2 MB, 2382x1750
>>47472054
>the Eldar gods are heavily implied (through in-universe speculation, similarities in both known and attributed actions and behaviour, as well as good old fashioned fan speculation) to have been the Old Ones, which developed into distinct Warp entities as worship and reverence fed them.
I only recall this idea really being put forward by Xenology, though it's about as reliable as Liber Chaotica is.

>>47472265
Fair enough then. I'm still not sure there's enough hard fact about the Old Ones to say how extreme their control was, but to be honest I was less questioning the point itself than just whether it was made from actually reading the source material (since all too often the answer is no).
>>
>>47468411
>Necrons. How many times do I have to say it?
Have any proof that it was the Necrons?
>>
>>47466290
Exorcists player here; this is completely wrong. They're Grey Knights 0.5, and that's why they're cool.
>>
>>47473092
You

see

>>47466624
Add to that being called an ancient threat.
>>
>>47465402
>act as if the imperium has been non-existent for several millenia.
Can you give me an example of this?
>>
Halo star devices
>>
File: 77.jpg (1 MB, 1191x1750) Image search: [Google]
77.jpg
1 MB, 1191x1750
>>47473224
I assume it's a reference to the interrogation of the human slave in Xenology:
>One detail remains unaccountable within this context: when questioned upon his birthworld and his devotion to the holy Emperor, our raving captive simply threw back his head and laughed - refusing to discuss the thing which is long-past. To hear him speak, it was as if he sincerely believed all humans to be the slaves of his xenos masters, and the age of the Imperium was nothing but a distant memory.
>>
>>47473262
Let me ask you something, do those transformed by the devices go "WRYYYYYYYYYY!" by any faint chance?
>>
>>47466290
That sounds faggy and snowflakey as fuck though.

Like... something Matt Ward would write.
>>
>>47473262
Those are creepy as fuck. I wish 40k had more weird and spooky elements like them.
>>
>>47466832
Avitus turned traitor because of PTSD IIRC
>>
>>47469353
>Illuminanti
>>
>>47473574
It's also a completely false description of them.
>>
>>47467498
>This Newcron apologetics is hilarious.

>Implying Newcrons need to be apologized for.
>>
>>47474228
>You can have Oldcrons in Newcron lore, guys! SERIOUS!
>spouts more apologetics and outright lies

Yeah, they need to apologized for as long as their fans suck at knowing their own lore and continue acting like disingenuous little shits. Also as long as it continues to be incredibly shitty in some departments.
>>
>>47470660
>mini dex thing "Xenos raiders and Mercenaries"
Literally everyone has been asking for that forever. Make it "Allies of Convenience" with every non-tyranid faction and go to town.
Obvious includes are Kroot (multiple different breeds, including the psychic ones they hide from the Tau), Slyth and all the other nasty wierd aliens the Dark Eldar often hire.
>>
File: Fuck Eldar.png (389 KB, 533x481) Image search: [Google]
Fuck Eldar.png
389 KB, 533x481
>>
>>47470467
I love the fact that all throughout the Dark Eldar codices and those stories the Haemonculi just sound like such awesome people to have on your side. Bellathonis is basically the only person in the entire story with his shit even remotely together.
>>
>>47471384
Doombreed is supposed to be hitler
>>
>>47469305
Is this the Moriana that provoked the 12th black crusade to destroy the blackstone fortresses?
>>
>>47472421
They also apparently made the Halo Devices mentioned a few times in this thread. My personal theory that what the device does is remaking, or attempting to remake, the victim into one of the Yu'vath. Perhaps they still exist in the warp or some other dimension, and the device establishes a connection that lets them possess the wielder.
>>
File: 09.jpg (708 KB, 1239x1680) Image search: [Google]
09.jpg
708 KB, 1239x1680
>>47473662
>I can almost hear your mewling now.
>How could he betray us?
>Why, Avitus? Why?
>Look at this planet! Look at it! That is why!
>The entire galaxy is the same: Broken. Shattered. Rotten to the core.
>Honor, brotherhood, duty -- they are no more than delusions and lies.
>We use them to justify the death and destruction left in our wake.
>I cannot tolerate it any longer.
>I have seen the rot that runs through our chapter's honor -- and it justifies nothing.
>My memories are full of the screams of those I have killed.
>Where others see life, I see only death.
>We all know how this will end. We have always known.
>It ends in blood.

>Only the fury of battle can silence the dead!

>I want none of your pity, Tarkus!
>But remember this day, because you are looking at your own future.
>Someday you will see through all the lies.
>And then the dead will come for you as well.

>>47473876
Better not let the Adpetus Custodes hear of this.
>>
>>47475156
Hitler didn't kill as many as Stalin & Mao.
>>
>>47475243
Yup. She seems to have been acting out the will of the Deceiver that time, though who knows where her allegiance actually lies.
>>
File: Shadow.png (1 MB, 1882x776) Image search: [Google]
Shadow.png
1 MB, 1882x776
>>47475243
>>47475522
>Moriana arrives. Tells Abaddon about a legendary daemon sword that will ensure his supremacy
>Abaddon eventually finds the tower where the sword is hidden
>He finds a mysterious golden figure waiting for him there
>The golden giant leads him to the sword and disappears

Thousands of years later

>Moriana tells Abaddon about Blackstone Fortresses
>The Shadow of the Deceiver is seen behind her
>Abaddon war causes 4 of the 6 Blackstone fortresses to be destroyed
>The Deceiver is seen posing triumphantly at their destruction (picture related).
>It was revealed by Eldrad (and the Oldcron dex) that the whole Gothic War was a contrivance of the Deceiver meant to remove the Blackstone Fortresses from the galactic board

I think she might have been at some point killed and replaced by the Deceiver who wore her form as a guise
>>
>>47472927
That's ridiculous. At least 8 feet is believable for a superb human.
>>
the somewhat obscure in universe theory that all the tyranids encountered so far have just been probing the galaxies defenses..That the real main tyranid fleets have yet to even arrive..*breaths into paper bag*
>>
>>47471161

so outside of the 4 major Ordos there are 1500 ish inquisitors in the entire galaxy...

Why is GW so fucking bad at numbers..

500 freaking inquisitors for the whole freaking imperial guard, containing hundreds of billions of men on a million worlds...
>>
>>47476330
Commissars in every regiment probably makes it easier
>>
>>47475871
>somewhat obscure
Not really, it's considered canon by 99% of Nid fans, and at least 75% of everyone else.
>>
>>47474879
I feel like the deathwatch should know what soul stones are
>>
>>47471381
The senatorum imperialis is another name for the high lords of Terra
>>
>>47466889
They are just the tiniest scrapes off his holiest of armour
>>
I want them to expand on the false primarch war. I see it referenced several times but there's nothing on it
>>
>>47476330
Yeah, if there's one organization that doesn't need as many inquisitors, it's the imperial guard. There are several branches of the guard and related auxiliaries dedicated to making sure the guard don't fall to chaos, and Inquisitors from Hereticus probably also keep an eye on any guard in their local area. The Ordo Militarum probably keeps an eye on the highest levels of the guard, all the way up to the Militarum High Lord, areas where a normal Commissar or priest would have trouble investigating based on clearance, but would be too much red tape and trouble for a normal heretcus inquisitor
>>
>>47471360
It is
>>
>>47466008

This.

http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Omega_Vault

>No living being can open the doors of the Vault; they open themselves at the command of mysterious ancient devices at the heart of the Vault itself. Those who have been inside pass along corridors and down spiralling stairs lined with catacomb subvaults, each barred with its own blast door and surrounded with dust-dry parchment fragments and archaic marks etched in silver. Through each door awaits a secret of the Omega Vault held in an armoured chamber, each protected by powerful automated defences and locks of unfathomable complexity. The Omega Vault is known to yield up a portion of its cryptic artefacts and information in direct response to events unfolding within the Jericho Reach.
>Once whatever waits in the open chamber has been removed, the Vault seals itself again, sounding a sonorous bell to warn of its closure and of the fatal consequences that follow should anyone tarry overlong.
>Contained within the Vault’s air is an appallingly powerful synthetic pathogen that is entirely inert outside the Omega Vault’s walls. This pathogen is an ancient and un-replicable weapon, utterly lethal to all kinds of life save one: Mankind.
>In the past, the Vault has provided tomes of archaic lore, strange fragments of alien devices, ancient weapons forged in times long gone, world-slaying virus canisters, enigmatic star charts, and bizarre xenological specimens
> At the centre of the Omega Vault lies another, inner vault: a secret of secrets, bound with scores of locking mechanisms which have slowly opened themselves, one-by-one, down the centuries. 777.M41. Now, only a handful of locks remain closed on the innermost vault.

This almost makes me want the story to advance.
>>
File: Baaaaaahbob.jpg (17 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
Baaaaaahbob.jpg
17 KB, 300x225
>>47467039
>WW1
>Complex web of alliances that created World War 1 - Tzeetch
>Gas attacks, poisonings, disease and decay everywhere - Nurgle
>Most vicious hand-to-hand combat ever known - Khorne
>Higher ranked members of society utterly removed from the conflict, enjoying everything life has - Slaanesh
>>
>>47476571
Wasn't it hinted that there is a Primarch locked away in the Vault?

And that Psyker who was held in statis until his vault was opened, he broadcast a last frantic message and then exspired, that begs for something more to be added, something sinister and unfathomable.

I love the Omega Vault. My own personal theory is that it has a Machine Spirit equal to no other we have seen before, dwarfing even the mighty Titans of the AdMech. A Machine Spirit that has the capacity of a whole world.
>>
>>47476520

Then why have imperial guard inquisitors at all? You seriously think that 1500 of them is enough, that means there is max 1 per sector.

But ok, then tell me, 10 inquistors for all pre-industrial worlds in the galaxy. Do you know how infantomly big the galaxy is? How many planets there actually are with pre-industrial tech. And 10 guys is enough for that?

But at the same time there are a 100 guys investigating exterminatus cases, which the imperium only uses in the most extremely rare circumstances.
>>
>>47466151

>Dracaena - The fate of the Dracaena, a voidship serving as the Hadex Dynasty's mobile mining platform and ore smelter, is unknown to the masters of the Achilus Crusade. However, a Deathwatch Kill-team, recently returned from a failed attempt to re-establish contact with Watch Fortress Midael, reported an odd discovery upon a rogue moon adrift at the edges of the Hadex Anomaly. Distributed evenly over the moon's surface, covering an area of some eight-square leagues, are the components of a dismantled mining ship laid out in meticulous order like cogs on a watchmaker's worktable. More disturbing are the remains of some 15,000 crewmen arranged in neat rows, their organs beside them and configured like a chirurgeon's anatomical chart. The dead flesh shows no signs of decomposition and is moist to the touch.

All books that FFG has made have had amazing planet / location fluff. Sad that GW can't produce such lore on its own.
>>
>>47476839

>>Within the deepest recesses of the Gloaming Worlds lies a region of space known as the Cat's Cradle. Perhaps one of the most infamous planets of the Cat's Cradle is the home of a Greater Daemon of Tzeentch, a Lord of Change known as Sar'tir. This Lord of Change and a coterie of Shaper-Artisan Sorcerers from Q'sal created a baroque and twisted world built entirely as a theatre. Called "The Farce," the world consists of ever-changing vistas of stages, stadiums, and amphitheatres. Each theatre is connected to the others by gravity-defying corridors, staircases, and tunnels constructed at impossible angles. The planet is inhabited by seemingly endless rows of silent observers surrounding each stage. These caricatures are acted out by captives from across the galaxy, representatives of many different races and creeds. Enchanted chains are wrapped around the actors' bodies, forcing them to work their way from scene to scene or face waves of searing agony or death, consumed by eldritch fires. Sar'tir seems to enjoy the shows put on by the most recalcitrant and resistant actors, cackling wildly with glee as Imperial Inquisitors and Chaos Space Marines alike grind out their lines through clenched jaws and stiffly move to their allotted positions upon the stage.

Posting some of my favorites
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 37

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.