[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If right now you had to run a short game online for people who
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
If right now you had to run a short game online for people who had only ever played D&D (3/4/5), which RPG would you choose?
>>
File: MaidRPG_cover.jpg (81 KB, 280x362) Image search: [Google]
MaidRPG_cover.jpg
81 KB, 280x362
>>47464308
>>
>>47464375
A fine choice.
>>
Probably D&D (3/4/5)
>>
>>47464489
A smart choice.
>>
>>47464308

Like, RIGHT now? With zero prep? I'd run Dungeon World. It's made for that kind of thing, so I don't have to worry about setting up stat blocks or shit, and we can just make characters and get going in like 10 minutes.

(This is assuming everyone wants to play some kind of dungeon fantasy because Muh Wizards. If they're open to anything, I might go with Everyone Is John, Lasers and Feelings, or some other micro system to cut even further down on character generation time.)
>>
>>47464308
Call of Cthulhu.

It's easy, fun, and requires minimal set-up.
>>
>>47464375
>>47464997
I want to play with you guys, that's some good taste.
>my group is entirely people who only ever play D&D
>keep saying they should try other systems
>either never do, or try absolutely garbage obscure uncomplete systems for like 1 session
>>
>>47464308
My GURPS witchcraft and blood adventure. I've got premade characters, lots of notes and everything primed and ready to fire. They'd be pretty much down to rolling 3d6 when I tell them to, but I think most people could figure out as we went.
>>
>>47464561

I came here to say Dungeon World. Not just because practically speaking it's really good for one-shots, but because it hits the same familiar tropes that people who know and like D&D would be used to.

I've heard it described as, "How you imagined D&D worked before actually playing it."
>>
>>47464308
paranoia, it's fucking great
>>
>>47467299
I remember someone bringing up that they wanted to play maid RPG. I guess he made it sound interesting in concept, I made it clear I wasn't interested. The rest of the group didn't, and led him on like asshats. They went as far as making characters before they made it clear they didn't actually want to play.

For some reason I'm still in contact with these people.

>>47464308
>>47464561
I've gotta second Dungeon World. As much as I like DnD, who am I kidding, DnD isn't role playing. I've watched the maker of dungeon world speak about rpgs and role playing, Dungeon World will probably push actual role playing and decisions somewhat.

I get sick of optimization games, I'd like to have decisions that matter.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.