[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My recent game has left me with a quandary /tg/ so I thought
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: treasure.jpg (210 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
treasure.jpg
210 KB, 1280x720
My recent game has left me with a quandary /tg/ so I thought I'd ask you guys.
What the fuck does a druid buy when he suddenly stumbles upon a stash of hundred of thousands of gold?
>>
Land rights. All the land rights.
>>
Split it with the party.
MAGIC ITEMS! MAGIC ITEMS EVERYWHERE!
A big plot of land, get yourself a commune going.
>>
>>47450171
A whole fuckton of food for his animal companions.
>>
File: barbo.png (226 KB, 455x565) Image search: [Google]
barbo.png
226 KB, 455x565
>>47450198
This, the foundation of his own Grove.
>>
Some stuff (spell ingredients?) to cast Awaken on his whole forest. Hue hue hue hue.
>>
>>47450206
He eschewed his animal companion in exchange for a fire elemental companion. He's really into fire.
>>47450201
He did. His share is still estimated at over 200,000 gold.
>>
>>47450258

Fantasy Theodore Roosevelt, establishing the first national park. Though in a world of city-states, the park itself might be more of a sovereign entity and be fully within its rights to declare war with intruders.

Actually, that's kind of terrifying. Combine with >>47450468 and you've got a forest of citizenry with the druid as a sort of representative of the land and forest that can negotiate with other political entities as a sovereign nation. Forays into the forest by outsiders chopping down trees for wood is an act of aggression as those are awakened trees and thus citizens. Organizing a council of pack-leaders and species representatives could help to organize the forest's citizenry in case of outside incursion. Any prominent nature spirits or fey creatures could hold higher positions of power in the forest itself.

Wow, the whole "mysterious forest" trope turned on its head. It'd like the Forbidden Forest or Yosemite National Park became a sovereign nation with which others would have to negotiate with. Want to pass through the forest? Pay a nominal toll and obey the forest's rules. Want some lumber? Negotiate with the nature spirits and they'll guide you to useable fallen wood or trees that need to be removed for the health of the forest. Hunters may buy permits but must obey the rules and respect the forest.
>>
>>47450531
Fire is associated with wood. Thus buy it a lot of firewood to eat. Eat the firewood with it to bond better. That's what my Wizard does with her Nosoi familiar. They share so many snacks together.
>>
>>47450198
I came here to post this.
>>
The best potions and alchemy money can buy
>>
>>47450198
Basically this. We Nature Conservancy now.
>>
A magical talking staff
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.