[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would you go about running a one-shot game taking place during
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (59 KB, 792x528) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59 KB, 792x528
How would you go about running a one-shot game taking place during The Purge?
What tactics should I use to bring th feel of the movie to the table?
>>
>>47442053
Try pointing a gun at your head, then pulling the trigger.
>>
>>47442098
>Hey I have an idea about a movie.
>No that idea is bad and you should kill yourself.
(You)
>>
>>47442301
well that idea is really bad.
>>
>>47442344
Judging by the poster count, you've wasted two posts and several seconds of your life trying to convince OP that the thing he likes isn't something he should like.

Re-evaluate your life, family member.

OP, I just have one thing to say to you: Pre-made characters.
>>
>>47442344
How so? I can see someone doing it ironically for shits and giggles.
>>
What do you guys think of that movie? I haven't watched it, but the premise seems silly to me.
>>
>>47442417
It's entirely unrealistic, which is part of the horror.
>>
base it on the sequel. character s running through the streets, trying to avoid other, much more dangerous murder hobos. make sure to use character goals to provide some structure to the night. then go nuts. if theres some inane thing you think of aty the table that someone is doing, put it in.
>>
File: nope nope fuckin nope.gif (2 MB, 460x306) Image search: [Google]
nope nope fuckin nope.gif
2 MB, 460x306
>>47442461
>it's silly as fuck and you can't imagine it ever actually happening
>this makes it scarier!
>>
>>47442417
I think both are shit and retarded. But live and let live. If OP digs it, and his friends do too, I say go for it.

The atmosphere in the movies is pretty much made by focussing on someone who dislike the concept of the purge or are afraid of it, and then repeatedly fuck them in the ass with a shotgun. Imho pretty hard too replicate in a PnP.
>>
>>47442510
I'm pretty sure he was making a joke.
>>
>>47442549
I was.
>>
>>47442053
I thought for a second OP meant running a tabletop game *while* the purge is happening. Which sounds like a recipe for wild times, and a quick-'n-easy way to get rid of That Guys.
>>
>>47443718
>I thought for a second OP meant running a tabletop game *while* the purge is happening.

That's some Chronica Feudalis shit right there.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.