[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Trying to get away from generic european fantasy for my next
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 46
File: 1392430983081.jpg (157 KB, 774x600) Image search: [Google]
1392430983081.jpg
157 KB, 774x600
Trying to get away from generic european fantasy for my next game setting.

What're some other cool cultures and mythologies I could use?
>>
>>47377455
Well not-Japan is over done.
So is not-Arabia.
And not-Vikings

Petty much everything sucks.
>>
>>47377455
Have you tried looking at sword & sorcery and pre-history? What about native American, Mayan, and Incan cultures?
>>
File: Rokka no Yuusha.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
Rokka no Yuusha.webm
3 MB, 640x360
>>47377547
>American, Mayan, and Incan
>>
>>47377455
India. Hindu cosmology and mythos is pretty awesome.
>>
>>47377455
Use Civil War era America. Most
People are familiar enough with the setting, the tech is fun, and the background war can literally be anything.
>>
>>47377455
Cambodia's a pretty neat place. There's an episode of Expedition Unknown about it, if you have Netflix.
>>
>>47377455
Japanese. Not even joking, some of the stuff about youkai as well as Shintoism is really cool
>>
File: Werewolf london Nazi.gif (192 KB, 499x230) Image search: [Google]
Werewolf london Nazi.gif
192 KB, 499x230
>>47377455
Nazis
>>
>>47377958
I suggested civil war, but this works real well to - see Indiana Jones, Hellboy, Captain America, Wolfenstein, etc.
>>
>>47377455
Make a setting with 4 Pantheons,one for each cardinal point: Sumerian-Mesopotamian,Egyptian,Greek-Minoan and Ancient Canaanite.
>>
>>47377575
Oh man, this clip makes me really wish Rokka no Yuusha hadn't fucked itself at the end.

Legit though, try Mesoamerican settings. You'll find a lot of juicy bits for a campaign.
>>
File: 13821.jpg (62 KB, 308x475) Image search: [Google]
13821.jpg
62 KB, 308x475
>>47377455
India.
>>
>>47378009
>Rokka no Yuusha hadn't fucked itself at the end

How did it fuck itself? Give spoilers.
>>
>>47377455

Youtube culture can get a little weird.

All obsessed with zit popping and woodworking.
>>
>>47377891
Plus, you have to love any setting where "dude with a giant eyeball in his asshole" is a legitimate monster to throw at your players.
>>
>>47378054
For starters, the whole reveal at the end of the traitor, Nashetania, was the most obvious thing in the world. It was something anyone could have seen coming from the very beginning of the series, and was made even more obvious during episode 4 when she broke a sacred tablet to the gods. Literally killed any mystery the series had going by that point, and then stomped on the pieces.

Second, the reveal of the last two heroes was the biggest asspull in the world. Literally, an extra one comes out at the very end straight saying "Sorry I was late" and another one is hinted at through a massive cliffhanger left on after credits scene.

Also, more or less broke whatever good quality of animation it carried. Like, there are stills you can find where some of the characters faces are missing for more than 10 seconds at a time.
>>
>>47377455
Ones that you make up yourself. Seriously try it.
>>
Greco-Roman era, or jason and the argonaughts style
>>
>>47377455
Wild-west, Darktower style.
>>
WILD WEST
I
L
D

W
E
S
T
>>
>>47377501
I have never seen a half decent Not-Arabia game. And I desperately want one.
>>
>>47377575
I'm literally just sitting here getting annoyed watching the standard anime paradigm of a teenage nancy boy beating up four hundred burlyman warriors. When did I get so tired of this stuff?

Cool Exalted clip, though.
>>
File: dg_400x400.jpg (24 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
dg_400x400.jpg
24 KB, 400x400
I always wanted to try running a setting based on the insane ravings of Dale Gribble and his ilk.

Either an Ancient Aliens inspired setting with sky men coming down to teach / enslave / experiment with pre agriculture man kind. Or a more modern post Rosewell America setting with cover ups, lights in the sky, and men in black suits roaming the Apalacians for bigfoot.

Including lots of sacred geometry, reptilians, new age cultists lead by men possesed by 4th dementional beings, astral projection babies, and rumors of a new era on the horizon.

I don't put any truth into any of this, but I got the idea after watching that infamous spirit science youtube channel for kicks. Reading Melchizedek's Flower of Life books was also a good acid trip of Egyptian spirit guides and Scientology levels of weird creation myths.

Most might find it incredibly stupid, but the idea of Jewish refugees from Mars coming to Earth because they abused their nucear Kabala auras for magic to destroy their atmosphere is just crazy enough for enterainment for me.
>>
>>47378194
The reveal wasn't obvious at all in the LN, if it makes you feel any better.
Anime was shit though.

I agree that having extra heroes at the end was stupid, but the alternatives are:
(1) change the premise; which would have been worse
(2) end the series; they should have, but >muh economic incentive

They should have changed the ending for the anime, end it right there.
Was it even well received enough for a shot at season 2?
>>
>>47377455
Not-polynesia
>>
Bronze age near east. Or the dark ages that followed the bronze age collapse.
>>
>>47377455
I'm currently constructing a low-fantasy mesopotamina bronze age setting and it seems promising.
>>
INDIAN MYTHOLOGY
>>
>>47379089
Delta green/call of cthulu but less serious?

That'd be a pretty fun casual game with a few buddies.
>>
>>47377455
South east asia nigga
>>
Try doing actual medieval fantasy and not the weird mirror universe '''medieval Europe''' that generic fantasy seems to base itself off of.
>>
>>47378908
My thoughts exactly.
>>
>>47377455
I've done commission art for those two.
Tyra and her husband, right?
>>
Not-mongols
Not-inuits
Not-tibet
Not-slavs
Not-africa
Or just plain MAKE EVERYTHING UP faggot.
And let your characters be exotic outlanders from medieval not-europe if they want to.
>>
>>47377455
OP, I assure you all mythologies are interesting. And all of them have a good deal of info in english if you look for it.

What are the themes you're looking for?
>>
>>47378908
When did /tg/ turn into /a/'s little roleplay corner?
>>
>>47377455
Monk/barbarian multiclass grill?
>>
>>47378725
High Test Wild West?
>>
The setting takes place in a Tidal locked planet. One face of the planet faces permanent light, while the other is in eternal darkness. The habitable zone in the area with permanent Twilight.

There are no seasons and climate is ridiculous predictable. All climatic patters from Earth are there, but they are fixed in zones with no seasons and no night-day cycle. Certain areas of the planet have strong and everlasting winds, even eternal hurricanes, while rivers and oceanic currents have constant flows.

No animal or plant ever migrates. Flowers blush all the time. Plants have a tendency to grow diagonally towards the Sun. Crops can be planted all year long. Grain storage are worthless for anything but war. Volcanic activity allows some settlements live in the dark side of the planet.

Massive extinctions have been caused by solar flares of the star, an old red dwarf, older than the galaxy.
>>
>>47377455
Move eastwards. Slav fantasy.
>>
Egypt. Such well documented and extensive mythology, so why is it not used more often in fantasy?
>>
>>47377455
>generic european fantasy
is a relatively modern US invention. Try something closer to the actual thing. Or, failing that, greco-roman setting sounds fun.
>>
>>47377501
>And not-Vikings
>Notvikings
>Not basically europe

European fantasy means "Anglo+Germanic+Vikings" that's it.

On topic:
Africa, asia (you know, the OTHER parts of asia everyone ignores), europe (you know, the other parts of europe everyone ignores), india, middle eastern
>>
File: image.jpg (72 KB, 432x287) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
72 KB, 432x287
Hawaiian mythology and culture would be a good one, I haven't seen any settings based on it so far. A story about NOTking Kamehameha the First with all the magic, monsters and gods thrown in would be a good place to start.
>>
>>47377455
India for Hinduism's bizarre cosmic morality, or ancient China.
>>
>>47378693
Can confirm, dark tower/high fantasy mashup is fucking amazing.

I would also suggest Grecco-Roman or just classical era style settings.
>>
>>47377455
>Trying to get away from cliches
>What cliches could I use instead
None, you dumb motherfucker. Best to try ahistorical settings and/or just fantasy kitchen sink, Might&Magic style. Or stuff like Thorgal. Or Conan from the movies, as the one from short stories is... well, pretty much generic medieval fantasy.
>>
>>47377455

I wanna see someone do a decent Southeast Asian game. Like, I've thought for a while about doing sort of a Thai ghost story game, but I don't know what kind of system or where to start, you know? And homebrewing is a dangerous business.

Anyways, OP, what stuff do you know about or are you interested in? I think that's where I start looking if I'm you.
>>
>>47377455
Try not!Korea in the 14-16 century.
Or not!Atlantis/Carribean adventures.
Or just good old Balkan fun battling against not!Turkroach hordes (i have a personal dislike for muzzies because they burned down my family home in Bosnia so before someone screams "/pol/tard" they should do some actuall research on that "religion of peace")
>>
>>47377740
>America Fuck Yeah
Kill yourself

>>47377762
>>47382057
Entire South-East continental Asia could qualify, really. But good idea indeed

>>47377958
This is grinded to the ground thanks to over-use

>>47378003
>>47378512
>>47381597
>>47384240
>You should totally make another Grome setting! We don't have like few dozens of them already
Seriously?

>>47378019
>>47382028
Too macho Mary Sue even for Filipinos

>>47378397
This.
Homebrewing is fun.

>>47379089
A great idea for modern day tongue in cheek games, but I think this could only work as one-shots and would be really hard to use as continous setting given the nature of it

>>47382086
Unless homebrewed, most pre-existing settings that try to pull this just fucking sucks.

>>47382965
>Overdone
>Nothing to do
>Nothing to do
>Overdone
>Ends up as cliche storm
Making up sounds like the real solution

>>47383358
There was a French (or Belgian?) comic series about such world. Kicked ass and was really, really weird post-apo world (since Earth stopped at certain near-future point)

>>47383694
As a Slav I say - no. Just no. If done by non-Slavs, it's just steaming pile of shit. And if done by Slavs, it's just Slavic version of generic European fantasy, with kniaz replacing prince charming and Baba Jaga instead of witches.
Literally nothing of interest, unless you've got well-done Slavic setting by Slavs and end up with Kiev Russian setting, but to fully grasp all the things within it, you would have to be Slav yourself - know that from experience already, when using few book settings on non-Slavs and they didn't even understand what the fuck was going on.

>>47384129
Overdone to the point of nausea

>>47384403
India's shit. China can be interesting if you have competent GM. If the GM is incompetent, then there is only Warring States period that can be touched.
>>
>>47384505
Oh man, the Chinese warring states period. Definitely the high point of Chinese history.
On one hand you have great philosophers/political thinkers like Lao Tzu or confuscius hanging around... and then there's this whole section of the history the historians just labeled "noteworthy assassins"
>>
>>47377455
After reading all this thread I've got a single conclusion
Most anons don't see a difference between one-shot scenario settings for a specific mini-campaign and building entire world/game around the same meterial.
>>
Revolutionary France.
>>
30 years war. Perfect for murderhobos and adventurers!
>>
Guilliver's Travels.
>>
>>47384505
The slav thing is also applied to everyone.
Just replace slav with germanic, chinese and southeast-asia.
>>
>>47384505
This is among the least self-reflective posts I've seen on 4chan.

It's like a kettle as a judge in a colour-competition for pots.
>>
>>47377501
What about doing historical japan, arabia or vikings?
Then just make their folklore real?
Because most fantasy version of those cultures do little but grab the surface elements.
>>
>>47384505
>tibet
>nothing to do
Right right right, lets just ignore that part where tibet had a shamanistic civil war where one faction enlisted demons and their king lied so much his tongue turned black and got magic properties.
>>
>>47379089
I think modern mythology is pretty cool.

I have a co-worker who's always talking about how the earth is flat, that bigfoots and dogmen are real, that the world's elite are using NASA as a front to siphon money for their secret project: building an enormous underground bunker to protect them from God's eyes so that when a wrathful God comes to strike them down at the end of days they're safe, that the government is cloning celebrities secretly (now this one I don't understand), all that. He scoffs at the idea of extraterrestrial visits, naturally enough. He's not an idiot.

I love talking to him because in his worldview, he's like the protagonist in the beginning of a postapocalyptic novel. I've never been more inspired by somebody I've met.

He's not even insane- he's perfectly lucid. He's got a sharp mind, he works complex systems daily and is fantastic at his job, he can hold a conversation about literally anything... but if you let him choose the conversation, I guarantee you it's going to be about how bigfoots come from the dimension of literal Abrahamic Hell, which is tearing into ours.

I'm not making any of this up.
>>
The planet is a giant Diamond.
>>
>>47377455
asian religions and mythology.

Egyptian is an easy one and you can put a spin on it by doing an Egyptian world but move away from a desert area and do something like egypt set in england.

you could follow norse mythology but you may have to do more research on norse mythology to avoid pissing off anyone who knows more about it then you.

you can always think about time your world is set in rather than where it is set in, like steam punk, future tech, alien tech, stone age, modern age with magic introduced.
>>
>>47377575
Every character in that show felt like they were from some kid's "original character" on deviant art
>>
>>47384990
The world has 2 waring factions of gods Egyptian and Norse set in not-waring states china. don't forget to give out not china names or make up a language of the gods. There i did creativity for you.
>>
Australian Aboriginal mythology / Dreamtime stories could make an interesting change of mythological scenery.
>>
>>47385022
so stone age cave man setting?
>>
>>47384902
... and now make ENTIRE SETTING out of it.
Go on.
It's super easy, so go
>>
>>47385047
I mean, Tibet already is a setting. People live there and have to deal with problems and go on adventures and whatever. If you write that down and then make, say, mythology real, then you've got a modern supernatural setting. If you emphasize some rebellion, you've got a military setting. If you go way back to the medieval ages, you've got a D&D setting.
>>
>>47384990
>but you may have to do more research on norse mythology to avoid pissing off anyone who knows more about it then you.
This applies to every single RL-based setting, you mong.
I still remember when my group from the uni was looking for new GM, as the old one simply graduated. So we've got ourselves weeb from Maths department.
Thing is - we were all on Far East studies. His perception of "mysterious Asia" was so cringeworthy we dropped him in no time.
>>
>>47385047
Not hard in the slightest if you are remotely familiar with Vajrayana and Tantrik cosmology and historical and mythical figures like Milarepa...let alone caste systems and the inner workings of the four schools.
>>
>>47385065
>People live there and have to deal with problems and go on adventures and whatever
>or whatever
>Bunch of empty ideas without any real concept behind them or texture
I fucking love Idea Guys like you, who always claim they can spin a setting, but when they are asked about just about general concept for the setting, they just start shitposting about "whatever you make out of it, man".
Fucking pathetic.

There is a very simple reason why certain stuff isn't made into settings. They simply don't work for it.
>>
>>47383242
Gee, it's almost like there's some overlap between people who like anime, and people who like tabletop games. Bizarre...
>>
>>47385091
... then go on, spin a setting, instead of talking about how easy it is.
Call it a dare if you need to.
>>
>>47383243
5e Barbarian can have decent AC naked now (they get Dex/Con like the Monk gets Dex/Wis, and they can still use a shield), so maybe she's just a 5e Barb.
>>
>>47385105
I already have using the story of Dorje Shugden as a template using the old Kara Tur setting as backdrop.
>>
>>47385100
I'm not that another anon but if you expect me to regirgitate information about Tibet into a .txt file for you to criticize because I believe that actually existing places can be roleplaying settings you are fucking stupid
>>
>>47385141
You could do an entire campaign revolving around hunting terma treasures, or finding the mad monks practicing variant gcod.
>>
Hey guys.
I wanted to offer a suggestion that has been given already in the thread.

Basically, all Mythology is fun if you look at it from a different angle.
The standard is AngloSaxonNordic but you can look elsewhere in Europe for more fun.

The Witcher looked eastwards (from my Western European POV) and it was really fun.
But there's also Greco-Roman/Byzantium, which has been somewhat explored already.
And there's also Iberian Mythology.
Little is known about the pre-Roman era but what is known is enough to produce something very interesting. And even if you push it forward to the dark Ages, the Taifas and Northern Kingdoms, with enchanted Mouras and the mix of Arabian and Celtic-Iberian Mythology, offers so much space for adventure. It's Not-Arabia with a European flavour.

You can also mix things, Anon.
For example, I love the concept of Native American, African but with Western Fantasy adventure tropes. Especially África.

I also really like China, Vietnam, Cambodjan and Indian Mythology.
But I'm not comfortable with the super exxagerated powrlevels of their heroes.
So I enjoy doing it a wee more gritty but keeping the fantastical landscape.
>>
>>47378908
Eh, I'm okay with it, since he wasn't just just HUGH! HAH? NAAANI? parrying giant greatswords with his fist and shit.

He fought like your average D&D rogue.
>>
>>47385196
Southeast Asia has great monsters in general between the aswang and manaanganal.
>>
>>47385114

5e barbarians are ultimately stymied by the fact that their Dexterity and Constitution will have a difficult time stacking up to the half-plate armor they are entitled to.

A 4e barbarian (berserker), on the other hand, can have AC 21 from level 1 (10 base + 4 Dexterity/Intelligence modifier + 5 Arid Land Heartland + 2 Unarmored Agility + 2 Defender Aura).

For reference, plate armor and a heavy shield gives AC 20 at level 1. Thus, a barbarian (berserker) can have even higher AC than that while completely unarmored.
>>
File: map.png (44 KB, 1357x718) Image search: [Google]
map.png
44 KB, 1357x718
Everything outside the red blobs is fair game tdbqph famalam
>>
>>47385141
>I have no ideas
>But if you expect from me any delivery, you are the bad guy
Fucking lovely
>>
File: 66029-004-4CF45A06-1-1.jpg (30 KB, 477x300) Image search: [Google]
66029-004-4CF45A06-1-1.jpg
30 KB, 477x300
>>47377455
Why not try and go for an American fantasy type thing? Little Nemo, Americana, Wild West, Lovecraft and Wizard of Oz can be a fun and underused combo.
>>
>>47385278
Not him but I just gave four campaign seeds in the last few posts. Just read up on Tibetan culture and history then apply your favorite Asian crunch (Rokugan, OA, etc.) with nameswaps.
>>
>>47385263
When have you actually played a setting based on anything Finnish?

I have a hard time grasping how a Finnish setting would be rarer than a not!Spain letalone not!Greece.
>>
>>47385031
I guess, but with stuff e.g. giant snake as big as a mountain range, trickster animals fucking with you, that kind of thing.
>>
>>47379666
It was recieved well enough cirtically on the whole however is it sold incredibly poorly in Japan and that's what gets you a season 2 usually.

Now back to the Wailing Demon Lands with you, demon scum.
>>
>>47385414
>tfw get Finnish campaigns all the time because our DM is a Finn
>>
>>47385047
You're acting like a cunt
>>
>>47385047
>shamanistic civil war where one faction enlisted demons and their king lied so much his tongue turned black and got magic properties.
>>
I was in a campaign where the setting was the Warring States era of ancient Chinese history. That was pretty good.
>>
>>47377547
>>47378009
Any recommendations for sources on Central/South American cultures?
>>
>>47377455
Specific European fantasy.

>generic European
>never truly European at all and rather some hollywood Americanized pastiche
>>
>>47386366
In Darkness and Secrecy or Dark Shamans both by Whitehead.
>>
>>47384505
>>America Fuck Yeah
>Kill yourself
No, you kill yourself.
>>
>>47385251
>5e barbarians are ultimately stymied by the fact that their Dexterity and Constitution will have a difficult time stacking up to the half-plate armor they are entitled to.
20 Constitution (which you'll want as a Barbarian anyway) and 14 Dexterity (what you'd have as a medium-armor wearer anyway) will give you the same AC as half-plate. The only way to go better is to take the Medium Armor Master feat and go with a 16 Dexterity, which is fine, since you're spending a feat and pumping a tertiary stat just to get +1 AC.

And aside from all that, "you can get better AC with method X" does not in any way refute my original point, which is that a Barbarian can have a decent (decent, not amazing) AC while naked.

And never forget, Barbarians aren't an AC-based class, their survivability is based on hit points and resistance. Having a decent AC is just a bonus.
>>
>>47385941
>it sold incredibly poorly in Japan and that's what gets you a season 2 usually.
And more importantly, it failed to substantially increase the sales of the manga, which is the main purpose of all these anime adaptations. Most studios will happily take a loss on an anime if it drives people to buy up the manga in order to finish the story.
>>
>>47385359
Anon, this is exactly the point - you are not him. He's just an annoying Idea Guy that needs to be branded as such and get it wired in his brain that he's fucking useless with his grand, but extremely vague ideas.
>>
Tekumel.
>>
>>47385022
Oh man, I totally forgot about The Dream!
>>
>>47377455
While not fantasy, I would suggest Cyberpunk set in south america. The place is almost a Dystopian country, just take a few of today's events and crack it up to 11.
>>
>>47377575
DartFighter.webm
>>
File: image.jpg (24 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24 KB, 320x240
>>47377455
Have you tried GURPS setting? It's kinda like Doctor Who meets Stargate.

Failing that, just run a Jojo's Bizarre Adventure knockoff campaign.
>>
>>47377675
Got the cliff notes of them?
>>
>>47377455
You don't even have to leave Europe just go forward or backwards in time, get your fantasy colonialism on.
>>
>>47377455
Why is her nose that red, did she get a cold? Sort of a joke because bikini armor doesn't cover much?
>>
>>47385100
>I fucking love Idea Guys like you
It's literally what OP asks for
>>
>>47388402
Maybe it's Tumblr nose
>>
>>47388589
Is it an illness?
>>
>>47377455
>>47384505

I think the main problem with you people, is you think a setting can be overdone. You're worrying too much that people will be able to judge your work by the familiar. Do not be daunted by the fact that your setting has had a thousand iterations, you probably aren't creative enough to come up with something all of mankind has overlooked. Instead, take a familiar setting, and do it well. Cliches become cliche for a reason: because someone once did it very well and everyone has been copying them since. Therefore, when you set about to do something, do not worry that it is over done. Set about to see that it is well done.
>>
>>47377455
I've done Eastern Slavic games. Pretty gud.
>>
Spears of the Dawn has a really neat setting inspired by Africa.
>>
>>47377455
Not-Congo

Pygmies, Jungles, Cannibal Tribes, Evil Juju Magic
>>
>>47386366

GURPS Aztecs or New Fire RPG
>>
>>47388402
If you look closer, you can see she's flushed with red all over her body
>>
>>47388688
>Being this tier retarded
You are one of those people who say shit like "You can't find job, because you aren't looking hard enough" or "If you change your attitude, things will get better!"
>>
File: arrow slinger.jpg (109 KB, 683x864) Image search: [Google]
arrow slinger.jpg
109 KB, 683x864
>>47377455
The bronze age.
>>
>>47377455
Babylonia or Tekumel
>>
>>47377501
not-Arabia hasn't been overdone, it just has never been done. As >>47378755 said.
>>
>>47388688
Yes, because if setting has absolutely nothing new or interesting to offer, making it "well" will magically turn it into hottest shit on the market.
Let me guess - there is also nothing wrong with dwarves being entire race of Gimli clones, regardless of setting and world-building, because it was so well done people copy it for a reason, right?
>>
>>47388877
You seem like one of those people that cries "I can't get a job because jobs don't exist" and "things are shit and its not my fault at all".
>>
File: Degenisis Anubian Warrior.png (3 MB, 848x1200) Image search: [Google]
Degenisis Anubian Warrior.png
3 MB, 848x1200
>>47377455
Egyptian isn't over done and well enough understood to be used.

>>47377575
Has great suggestions as well. I'd also say African myths and things are going to be a great source of inspiration.
>>
File: popcorn.gif (495 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
popcorn.gif
495 KB, 500x375
>>47388877
>>47388988
This ought to be good
>>
>>47388922
It's always just stuck in the corner of most settings. Like, the setting focuses on Not!European fantasy, but there is always a little corner of the map called "Crescent Kingdoms" or "Boomtown", and a page in the back dedicated to saying they are sand people.

I want to opposite for once. Not!Arabian fantasy with a little corner of the map called "Viking Land" or the "Sun God's Son Religion's States".

I guess the closest I'll get is Dark Sun (with Babylonian, Greek, and Aztec thrown in as a bonus) , and maybe Burning Sands for L5R. If only it had its own book and rules instead of an expansion and a conversion.
>>
File: 1362941250455.jpg (29 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1362941250455.jpg
29 KB, 500x500
>>47388988
>2016
>World still getting out of debts from not so distant crisis
>There are still people who think job is abundant
How many DAYS of your life have you spent on actually working for your living and not just survival to pay food bills, college boy?
>>
>>47389035
>Not!Arabian fantasy with a little corner of the map called "Viking Land" or the "Sun God's Son Religion's States".
This

Jesus, is it really so damn hard to get Arabia, or just ANY element of Islamic world into the setting as something more than just token on the outskirts? Annoys me to no end
>>
File: TSR2126_Arabian_Adventures.jpg (24 KB, 220x279) Image search: [Google]
TSR2126_Arabian_Adventures.jpg
24 KB, 220x279
>>47378755
this seemed OK to a infidel.
>>
>>47389045
I don't understand the question. I work for a living and can afford to spend my free time telling people like you how wrong they are.

Jobs aren't abundant but they sure as shit come up all the time. It's your fault and nobody else's that you can't get a job.
>>
>>47389111
That does seem okay. I honestly haven't read it yet though. I don't like adnd (or dnd in general) and I'm afraid that will be horribly racist and terribly edited at worst. Or just horribly unimaginative with worshipers of Olloh riding magic carpets at best.

But maybe I am just asking for a lot and should read it with an open mind.

>>47389083
It makes me so happy to know I'm not the only person.
>>
>>47377455
>No not-indian or Mongol civilization
>>
>>47389135
>It's your fault and nobody else's that you can't get a job.
Different anon, but you sir are the reason why this generation is called entitled
>>
>>47389154
>But maybe I am just asking for a lot and should read it with an open mind.
You should. First off: fuck you bruh--AD&D 2e is best.

But Al Qadim is excellent, and it's Persian--not Muslim. The best parts of it are persian pirates, though. It gets a good, wierd vibe going. Fantastical and high adventure without ever breaking credulity, and presenting some fun spins on tropes you find tired.

Check it out---it's good. Particularly the supplement about the islands that I can't remember the name of.
>>
>>47389230
Well now that I'm out of college for the summer I can't use I don't have time as an excuse anymore, I guess. I need some reading material so I'll get on that. I can definitely get down with Persian.

Also, that's probably the most polite anyone has ever disagreed with me on a dnd edition.
>>
>>47389230
That doesn't make any sense. Persians are muslims.
>>
>>47389195
>you sir are the reason why this generation is called entitled
What, because I expect this generation to get up and work? Of course its entitled, everyone expects to get jobs without having to work for them. The trick is to start at the bottom. Clean toilets for pennies before you expect to be a chemical engineer.
>>
>>47389292
Golden Voyages. That's the name I couldn't remember. Basically D&D-ized Sinbad, but really one of the strongest adventure modules I've ever played. Sorry for being vague--haven't played Al Qadim in like, a decade and a half, and have only vague memories of being fond of it.

Oh, and >>47389364 can blow me.
>>
>>47389424
No worries, man. You're trying to help me out, and I appreciate that. It sounds like there is a strong chance something I've been looking for already exists.

Hopefully Wizards will bring it back for 5e to show their tolerance for Arab peoples or some bullshit. Everyone seems to think they're cucks, and that seems to fit the Internet's bizzare definition of a cuck. Even though I wouldn't play 5e, it would be cool just to see a new version of it.
>>
>>47388303
Take Roman mythology and pretend it's a really cool movie from the 1970s. Now imagine that some other guy made a equal/reboot to that movie in 2000s except he based his sequel off the novel the 1970s movie was based on, some other novels in the series, some other totally unrelated books, and some shit he just made up and makes no sense. That's Hindu mythology.
>>
>>47389390
I cannot buy food, shelter, or the basic necessities of life with pennies. Not in this day and age.
>>
>>47389557
Cry me a fuckin' river, kiddo.
A) What the fuck are you shitting up the thread with this crap for?
B) You are on a computer and a young, white guy. Dress well. Speak well. Work hard. You are employable in tech support and, if you don't have a job, then it's because you're lazy.
>>
File: 1462541312185.jpg (54 KB, 476x687) Image search: [Google]
1462541312185.jpg
54 KB, 476x687
>>47377455
Biblical fantasy.

Mix and match every single lunatic End Times prophecy you find on the internet and make the Antichrist the BBEG, and bam, you have an interesting original setting, albeit one absolutely balls out.

I'm fairly sure there's one already ripe for the taking, I just have to find it. Does anyone know what I'm talking about? It was a chronicle of the Antichrist's rise and fall and it was posted here once.
>>
File: rf woody 2.jpg (25 KB, 274x237) Image search: [Google]
rf woody 2.jpg
25 KB, 274x237
>>47384258
>Africa
>>
>>47389591
You're so ignorant it hurts. You've never known what it's like at the bottom, don't pretend for one second that you do.

I work two jobs and still have to live with my parents because minimum wage is not enough to live on. And when anyone speaks up about it, they're entitled crybabies. Your "fuck you, got mine" attitude is going to kill people.
>>
>>47389703
>I work two jobs

>Your "fuck you, got mine" attitude is going to kill people.
Don't you mean "create job openings?"
>>
>>47389703
I've known what it's like at the bottom. I lived completely unemployed with hundreds in debt that demanded immediate payment and tens of thousands of loan debt. I cleaned toilets for pennies and it didn't cover the roof over my head. I had to borrow more from family and friends.

And that cleaning for pennies is what got me a job washing shit up for pounds. I'm no rags to riches story but if you can't survive on two jobs I'm starting to see why you're unemployable.

Where the fuck do you live that there is no work anywhere at all for anyone? How does everyone else survive? I'm on minimum wage part time and the only thing I struggle to pay for are plastic army men and paint.
>>
I think a dude further up said Hawaiian culture.

Go even further, and make a setting out of the Pacific natives cultures. Large ocean world, groups of islands (obviously not as far apart as the real Pacific Islands).

You've got various warrior cultures (Maori, Hawaii), more druidic and ranger types (Indonesia, Samoa). Hell, you can even drag in the Aborigines from Australia if you want a shamanistic section.

Piracy, exploration, war, trading. Tattoos, tribal culture, kings, giants, gods, monsters, ancient heroes.

Fuck that, I've talked myself into a new setting.
>>
>>47389703
Maybe if you could qualify for something other than manual labor you'd only need one job.
>>
>>47379089

Its literally unknown armies with less magic
>>
>>47389877
>I had to borrow more from family and friends.
So what you're saying is that you did, in fact, need outside help.
>>
>>47389991
Maybe if you didn't need hundreds of thousands of dollars to get a decent education they'd qualify for something other than manual labor.
>>
>>47389877
Nice to see that you've invalidated your entire "argument." Just confirms that you're full of shit.
>>
>>47390075
>>47390154
I've never said I didn't need it. Or you don't need it. Or that it's bad. I just never had the attitude that a job should be waiting for me.

My argument is against you whiny people expecting an employer to fall at your feet and beg you to work for him.

Now I have money if a friend asked me for money I would give it to them. There are jobs everywhere, you have to work hard for them, and you just might need help getting one.

You should probably consider the idea there is more than one person arguing against you people.
>>
>>47390075

Key difference here, friendo:

>People who were willing to help
vs
>Me taking your money with the government's gun because I want free shit
>>
>>47390258
Fine, if you don't want to be involved in a society (y'know, that thing specifically designed to help everybody involved), then get the fuck out. Go use your bootstraps to buy yourself a private island, and live your self-sufficient survivalist wet-dream out there. I'm sure you'll have a long, healthy, and fulfilling life.

Until then, though, it's time to understand that you live in a civilized society that has recognized the benefit of coming together to better everybody's lot, even those that can't give back right now. You have already benefited from hundreds of years of other peoples' hard work, you don't get to try to duck out now just because some other people might benefit from yours.
>>
>>47389045

Ever tried manual labor or blue collar jobs? Or is being a contractor or plumber "beneath" your degree, college boy?

Fucking hate you niggers "There ain't no jobs!" Go to a mechanics school, or take an apprenticeship with a plumber or carpenter, or just ask a contractor if you can follow him around and learn the trade, there's always gonna be people who need all of those.

But no, there ain't any jobs because you entitled shits want to work in a big office in some big company with AC and a bitch boy straight out of college.

Fucking millennials.
>>
>>47390094
Maybe if people didn't rely on college as the only possible source of qualification, they would have easier time finding jobs above minimum wage.

Obviously this doesn't go for everything, you can't really self-learn surgery. But you can learn a language or five with nothing but internet access (or if you wanna keep it oldschool, nothing but library access).
>>
File: socialism in a nutshell_1.jpg (123 KB, 1018x630) Image search: [Google]
socialism in a nutshell_1.jpg
123 KB, 1018x630
>>47390341

>"You have to give me free shit because our ancestors made a society together"

Sounds reasonable friendo
>>
>>47390435
>Maybe if people didn't rely on college as the only possible source of qualification, they would have easier time finding jobs above minimum wage.

Oh look, we've got a badass here! He knows you can get a desk job without education! All it takes is pulling bu boot-straps!
>>
>>47390341

I have never in my life been on any kind of welfare, and to quote Merle Haggard, that's one place I won't be. You know why? Because I work hard, I work long, and I never take anything for granted.

You call everyone entitled when you feel you have the right, nay it is the government's DUTY to pay for your shit. That's what's wrong with you. You refuse to take responsibility for your own life, and instead demand other people pay for what you cannot buy. You're the one who's never known hardship, boy.

You live with your parents while working two jobs? Though shit, I lived in a homeless shelter for 4 years before I managed to save enough money to buy a small place two towns over. You say you started at the bottom all the while sucking mommy's tit, because I doubt you pay rent to her (and if you do, I commend you).

Working two jobs and can't even scrape by, then why not find a different one? Or do you think working as a cashier at Wal-Mart and getting the night shift at Haagen-Daas is the lowest you'll go? Being a plumber pays well, and isn't overly hard, being a carpenter if you aren't fucking retarded pay well, too. Electricians get paid a fortune if they land big jobs, and get steady income from fixing shit, as do mechanics and contractors.

Here's your problem: You think you're above manual labor, and I don't mean being a cashier, that's pussy shit. I mean working all day in the sun or the mud or other people's shit. You are so entitled, that even in a situation where working 2 jobs isn't enough, you consider yourself too good to work any of those; and before you say anything, if you didn't, you'd be doing it.

I've known kids from all walks of life that can't land a job, and it always is because they don't want to do "menial" tasks. Mow a lawn, paint a house, fix some pipes, hell, clean pools. That's how I started and now I make enough money building houses and fixing pipes to spend in retarded shit like 40k, when 15 years ago I couldn't afford milk
>>
>>47390355
I'm forced to work as fucking construction worker while having Masters in Pharmacy.
Rings you a bell about job opportunities?
>>
>>47377958
Savage worlds -> Weird War two
>>
File: Leshy_(1906).jpg (156 KB, 638x539) Image search: [Google]
Leshy_(1906).jpg
156 KB, 638x539
>>47377455
Maybe Slavic Mythology? It's not very far from "generic" fantasy (well, many popular themes, like vampires or werewolves derived from it). But it feels quite different.
>>
File: slav lore.png (52 KB, 813x664) Image search: [Google]
slav lore.png
52 KB, 813x664
>>47390619
maybe
>>
>>47390619
>But it feels quite different
As a Slav I deny this part. It's basically the same shit, but with different names and much weirder folklore.
>>
>>47385278
Holy fuck. Do you support Trump?
>>
>>47390611

Yes it does, in fact. I majored in Physics and haven't worked in a lab in my fucking life.

You're a construction worker? That's good! It pays, kid. It gets you enough for bread and water. Learn the meaning of austerity. Save a little money. Not drinking milk or dining on steak for a few years ain't going to kill you. If you can't afford rent, look for a cheaper place, maybe farther away from work or in a shittier part of town.

Work your ass off, look for other jobs. Never give up. That's how you get ahead in life, not by demanding the government take from people who've worked hard all their lives for their money and give it to you.
>>
>>47390355
There is a joke in my country about people with high qualification doing menial jobs. It goes like this:
Two older workers are mixing concrete at a construction site. One of them looks toward the youngest guy in the crew and then toward his old friend
- Why do they call George "Master"? After all, he has a Ph.D!

It's exactly as funny in original language version. Because there is nothing funny about this shit.
>>
File: 10064[1].jpg (34 KB, 350x497) Image search: [Google]
10064[1].jpg
34 KB, 350x497
You might want ot check the already existing settings,OP. Al-Khadim, Kara-Dur, Malatra; Dark Sun....(assuming DnD)

>>47389974
Problem is, with so many diverse cultures, it's probably gonna be a ton of work compared to a more unified setting. But on the other hand they have amazing mythos for those that are used to western culture.

>>47379666
Hey Satan, how good is the novel ?
I've been wanting to start reading japanese LNs for quite some time, but all examples that Iv'e found yet were cringe inducing.

>>47384750
I have fond memories of Khaos 1795 (eldritch cosmic horror corrupting the comitee of public safety). But I think an Ancien Regime or Louis XIV game would be better for non historians: Even if it's a bit less known, it got abundant fiction (The Tree Musketeers, Captain Fracasse, Fortune of France by Merle if you want depth,...) while retaining most problematics of the immediate pre-revolution at a more manageable level.
With a Revolution setting,

I got some books about french renaissance mythos and folks tales, I'll do a pdf one day.
>>
>>47390597
We're makers of our own fate for the most part. You can find the way through the system as well as around it. Or never look for one in the first place and whine how woe is me.
>>
>>47390688
>2016
>Seriously believing in this shit
How detatched you are from reality, friendo?

I'm living in fucking social building. The rent just can't go lower. But so is my wage.
After paying rent, bills, transport tickets and most basic food products, I'm forced to visit my folks few times a month just not to go starving and you gonna preach me how I'm suppose to work my ass and save money?
Seriously, idiots like you never cease to amaze me. Bonus points if they are in fact also in such deep shit and still delude themselves it's ok to be slave and that some day things will turn for better just thanks to working hard and believing in American dream.
>>
>>47390732
Nice empty phrases.
Now solid facts, genious
No qualification - no job with required qualifications
Meaning most basic manual labor.
Meaning shit wage.
Meaning you are fucked and in vicious circle, unless you will rise your qualifications.
Which you can't, because you are a blue collar slave at this point.
>>
>>47390466
Ironically, most of the socialist countries, specifically the Scandinavian, seem to be very happy.
>>
>>47390466
>The existence of this political cartoon proves that an entire school of economic thought is wrong!
>>
>>47390823
Shhh... don't break it for Burgers. This thread already proved they still believe into "pulling yourself by boot-straps", even if everyone knows for decades it's not working.
This is modern-day version of slave mentality and better let them with it, or they might throw a tantrum about filthy commies having it better than the most glorious nation on this God-given land.
>>
>>47390769

Detached enough to tell you that after living in the street for a year and in a shelter for another 2 when I was in my 20's, I managed to make it to upper middle class after working my fingers to the bone in anything I could for 15 years.

I've been a contractor, a plumber, a carpenter, I've worked in construction, as a busboy, even a taxi driver.

That's how detached I am, kid.

You don't have to believe in the American dream, but you do have to know that hard work is what gets you ahead.
>>
>>47390786
Not with that attitude. Unless you're working 80+ hours a week, you should have time to study something on the side and thus improve your qualification.
>>
>>47390823
Don't they have like... among the highest rate of suicides per capita? Doesn't sound very happy to me.
>>
>>47384258
and yet most games do a terrible job at being Germanic or viking
>>
File: image.png (286 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
image.png
286 KB, 2048x1536
>>47390921
Not really?
>>
Guys, please, STOP SHITTING UP THE THREAD WITH YOUR ARGUMENT.
No one besides you cares, and I'd rather have more posts about non european settings before we hit the bump limit.
>>
File: anBn9R0_700b[1].jpg (180 KB, 700x1235) Image search: [Google]
anBn9R0_700b[1].jpg
180 KB, 700x1235
>>47390844

>The history of this entire school of economic thought has proven that this entire school of economic thought is wrong

Ya p much
>>
>>47384505
This is the worst post I've seen today
>>
>>47390823

I'd be pretty happy if I didn't have to do shit and got other people's free shit too desu senpai
>>
>>47377455
Why not Eastern Europe?

I can't say I've really seen many people doing anything based on Slavic mythology and culture.
>>
>>47391067
Witcher?
>>
>>47390981
What the fuck is going down in Guyana?
>>
>>47391157
>What the fuck is Guyana?
FIFY
>>
>>47391065
You DO have to do shit, though. It's just that everyone shares what they get out of it.
>>
>>47391176
>You DO have to do shit, though.

No I don't. What, do they make it illegal to be unemployed?
>>
File: cast-a-deadly-spell.jpg (781 KB, 1121x1500) Image search: [Google]
cast-a-deadly-spell.jpg
781 KB, 1121x1500
>>47377455
How about instead of changing the setting from European fantasy to Middle Eastern one, you change the time period instead? Set the world in an alternate 1920s where magic is real for example?
>>
>>47377740
This is a neat idea, I think I'll steal it.
>>
>>47391193
>What, do they make it illegal to be unemployed?
Actually, yeah, if I recall how socialism worked in my country back in the day, being unemployed was actually a crime. There was a special expression for it that roughly translated to English as "crime of parasitism"
>>
>>47391232

Oh so >>47390999 then
>>
>>47391157
Alcoholism, drug addiction and a small, poor population.
>>
>>47390891
>Unless you're working 80+ hours a week, you should have time to study something on the side and thus improve your qualification
Yes, a builder or factory worker, after slaving his ass for 12 hours a day, will be in perfect mental and physical condition to then do anything else than fall asleep at first given chance.
More, they will have enough time to still study! And of course for no money, because money is also a non-factor.
>>
>>47391264

Community colleges exist and they don't break the bank. I knew a guy once while working as a plumber, he didn't want to stay a plumber but hadn't gone to college, so he used all his free time to study and went to community college on the weekends, I think.
>>
>>47391193
It was called "intervention job" and all people who were found not in work within working hours and without any papers to provide proof they are employed (combined with control on-site) were hauled to nearby steel mill, mine, construction site or whatever and had to show there for next month.
This is a reason why so many old unemployed people in my country have such strange working record when going for benefits or pension. Normally they would just have nothing, but thanks to intervention jobs, they have a "stellar" job records around working for 30+ years and when their entire work history is combined for that period, it gives them roughtly 3-4 years of employment, roughtly a month each site.
>>
>>47391264
If you mean 12 hours a day including weekends then we're above 80 hours a week and I admit that's not reasonable.
If you mean just workdays, man can study on weekends.
>>
>>47391313
And I knew once a guy who was talking bullshit in the net. I also know shitload of people that are simply too fucking tired to even leave the production line when their shift is over and have to be hauled out of it. But go on, this is still amusing.

>>47391331
Nigga, you are in the net. Why lying?
>>
>>47377455
Go for a SPECIFIC European culture rather than the kitchen sink fantasy style.
>>
>>47391368
>Nigga, you are in the net. Why lying?
Hard work isn't a meme, anon. It takes you places pretty quick. You can't handle the truth.

But honestly: show up. Keep your mouth shut. Be polite. Dress well. Speak well. Work hard.

That's really all that it takes.
>>
>>47391368

"People's life experiences are invalid when they contradict my entitled, lazy mentality"

Sure thing, buddy. I'm not saying everyone does that, everyone COULD. Where there's a will, there will be a way, even if you have to carve it out of a mountain with your bare hands.
>>
>>47391358
>man can study on weekends
Man also need time to sleep, rest, finally eat like a human being and have even most basic interaction with other human beings to not go fucking insane.

Besides, if you are a manual worker, which you apparently never was, there is no such thing like "weekends". Production is going all the time and you have rest once per three days, for 16 hours, where you are mostly sleeping, thanks to your working schelude.

Seriously, I just love when people who never got their hands dirty with working shifts in factory preach how you still have enough time to do other stuff than working your ass in such job, sleeping, eating and going back to work.
I worked like this during summer breaks, to afford next year of college. And you know what? I wouldn't give my biggest enemy such job on regular basis, because unlike most of the guys in the plant, I was there just on temp job. They were pretty much chained there.
>>
>>47391438
>Not wanting to be a slave is bad
>That's entitlement
The only entitlement in existence is about sprouting such pretentious bullshit about lazy people. 19th century is over, Rockefeller.
>>
File: Schrana01.jpg (539 KB, 1978x1312) Image search: [Google]
Schrana01.jpg
539 KB, 1978x1312
Ancient Jews
>>
>>47391455

>Hard work and austerity while you get on your feet = slavery

Fucking millennials.
>>
>>47391501

Unless you were born before 1982, you're a millennial.
>>
>>47391501
Anon, there is a fuck-huge difference about austerity and ending up with -150 dollars after paying bills and rent in biggest slum in the whole city. I guess I will buy for that some -bread and -potato to feed myself.
>>
>>47391441
I worked assembly line afternoons / weekends back at the highschool. The job taught me two things, one that I am capable of making living this way and two that I don't want to because it sucks. Ironically it wasn't the worst job I've been through, but still. The point is, when I say it can be done, I'm speaking from experience.
>>
>>47391518
I was born in 1978, m8.

>>47391523

Move. Seriously.Try to find a job in a cheaper city before you do. If you want to live in New York or San Francisco then you can't complain about not having any money.

I was born in Virginia. Shit was too expensive for me, and I spent 3 years on the street and shelters. Then I moved to Idaho, shit is cheaper here. Food is cheaper too. I did live on bread, water and the occasional stew when I had enough money for ground beef.

I managed to save up here. If you like your current city too much, save up, move and come back once you can afford it. Really, America is full of places where it's a little easier to save up money. Take a loan, ask your parents or something. Try your luck in other places.
>>
Indian Mythology sometimes sounds like some teenagers time displaced campaign notes.

>Even if you won in the end you will never be the man Karna is
>>
>>47391635
>Lol just move
> and quit the only hing providing you income that you need to live
>and rent a moving truck/buy a ticket/drive cross country
>with all that money you don't have

Shut up stupid.
>>
>>47391717
>Al Qa
You've been crying about this for like three hours. Maybe the reason you don't get better jobs is because nobody likes your whiny, victim complex bullshit.
>>
>>47391624

He's going to ignore your experience by claiming you lie or you're the exception. There's no point in trying.

This thread has reminded me the time I was working in a factory at night and going to school during the day and a few times I had to weigh eating or showering so I just ate in the shower then filled the tub and took a nap. Those were good times.
>>
>>47391717

I managed to do it. Hitchhiking is an option (or at least was an option when most people weren't dicks).

SAVE UP, FUCKER. Take a loan, or borrow money from your parents. Don't quit your job right now. Find a job where you want to move, then a place to live, then move.

You don't have to fly there, why would you buy a ticket? If your parents don't hate you you could also ask them to help you with moving.

I went form Richmond to Topeka in the back of a redneck's truck, and from there to Cheyenne in the back of a stoner's van. Then I took a bus to Boise.

It's not impossible, just really hard, like everything worthwhile in life.
>>
>>47390609
>You call everyone entitled
I've never called anybody entitled. You know it's possible for more than one person to disagree with you at a time, right?

I'm not gonna get into the rest of your post, since this shit has gotten off-topic enough already.
>>
>>47390860
>This thread already proved they still believe into "pulling yourself by boot-straps", even if everyone knows for decades it's not working.
I still laugh my ass off anytime somebody uses that phrase unironically. The phrase is meant sarcastically, to point out how you can't rise above poverty on your own... it is physically impossible for you to "pull yourself up by your own bootstraps". It's saying "Trying to escape poverty on your own is like trying to lift yourself into the air by pulling on your own bootstraps." It simply can't be done.
>>
>>47392167

>Ignores everyone who has done it

Well sure, if you want to believe that, go ahead.
>>
>>47392189
Oh really? Who has escaped poverty on their own, without anybody else being involved? Nobody. Even bank robbers rely on the bank and those who store money in it.
>>
>>47392233
>without anybody else being involved?

Oh boy, he's already readying the No True Scotsman.

>Obviously, if anyone has escaped poverty, it was not actually on their own! He was employed, so somebody else was involved!
>>
File: David_Crockett.jpg (1 MB, 909x1101) Image search: [Google]
David_Crockett.jpg
1 MB, 909x1101
>>47385263
Something I think isnt doen enough is the frontier of North America. You could use monsters like Wendigos, Thunderbirds, Hoop Snakes, and other old folk legends. Fighters could be Lumberjacks, Rogues could be Cowboys, Magic-Users could be Shamans, and Bards could be Snake Oil Salesmen. Ive had entire DnD campaigns where the majority of the time was spent in the wilderness and the players loved it.
>>
>>47377455
You can do old mongol/inuit/slavic.
There are some fairly interesting shamanistic beliefs, rituals and stories you could hybridize to make something cool.
>>
>>47391758
>You
>As in singular
Anon, don't want to break it for you, but /tg/ is not a single person...
>>
File: 102313_1.1.jpg (75 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
102313_1.1.jpg
75 KB, 900x600
>>47391835
>Save up
>Anon specifically mentions there is literally nothing to save up from
>>
>>47392189
>>47392273
Provide us those juicy examples that escaped poverty on their own and didn't do that by conquering something or squatting in empty land.
Because son, Wild West is over
>>
Berbers are cool. Nice north african culture with some european roots.

>>47392553
>>47391835
>>>/trv/
>>>/n/
>>
>>47390609
>Here's your problem: You think you're above manual labor, and I don't mean being a cashier, that's pussy shit. I mean working all day in the sun or the mud or other people's shit.
How dumb are you do make such claims? Literally half a dozen anons noted how they DO work with manual job that can't even sustain basic survival and you keep sprouting bullshit about proud, true-American blue collar worker that goes from shoeshiner to millionaire by nothing more than hard work and hard work alone.
You are just simply unable to grasp the basic concept of this shit not working. It's not working for at least two generations at this point. And it's not working, because fuckers like you eat all the fruits, axed the tree and poured concrete on the site then saying "damn son, you are just too lazy to reach for the fruits"
>>
>>47391635
>Shit son, you should move with the money you don't have, find a place that is cheaper than the squat house you already live in and probably sell your kidney just to sustain yourself for a month or two
>Also, remember to take a loan when you don't have a job. That totally will save you money!

Americans really are stupid
>>
>>47392581

I didn't conquer noone and went from living under a bridge to having my own house, so, whatever.

>>47392659

I'm no millionaire and another half dozen anons have noted that they DO work manual jobs and manage to get by.

And yes, I did what I've done by hard work and hard work alone. I never relied on welfare and managed to scrape by, yet there's niggers who's on food stamps and can't raise a penny.

Don't blame a generation of hard workers for your own shortcomings, as I've already said if you wanted to get out of poverty with all your might, there's plenty of ways to do it, you just HAVE. TO. WORK. HARD. And if that doesn't work, then work even harder!

>>47392779

Do you have parents? Then ask them for enough to get by for a month or two. I didn't have that advantage. You niggers at least got homes, when I fell on hard times I slept with the hobos under a bridge, then a shelter, then by working my ass off I raised enough to move to another state where it'd be easier to survive.

You niggers are getting this first hand from someone who did it and still say it's impossible, god damn.
>>
File: come on now.gif (1 MB, 264x264) Image search: [Google]
come on now.gif
1 MB, 264x264
>>47391635
>Take a loan, that totally takes people out of poverty!
No anon, that creates international financial crisises, because dumb fuckers like you take money then can't repay and even more stupid fuckers give them that money to meet the quota, because if they won't, they will be fired from the bank they work for and being in your place, with 15 other guys for their job, pushing loans and mortgages that can't be paid.
>>
>>47384505
This post reeks of virt levels of faggotry
>>
>>47392841
>Claims to have never benefitted from welfare of any kind
>Lived in a shelter

Fucking weak, you parasite.
>>
File: acceptable.jpg (177 KB, 710x888) Image search: [Google]
acceptable.jpg
177 KB, 710x888
>>47392841
>All this bullshit
>All those made-up stories
>All this true-blue American patriotism
>All those anons who keep pushing this for single troll
>>
>>47392873
It's usually okay when people do it.
Not so much when country does.
>>
>>47392841
>spouting the most generic 1950s bootstraps bullshit
>expecting us to believe you aren't a 19-year-old playing pretend
>>
File: autism.jpg (59 KB, 540x534) Image search: [Google]
autism.jpg
59 KB, 540x534
>>47392841
>Shit son, if you are already a wage slave, you should just work harder to get better
>With the energy you don't have
>For the rise you won't get
>And if that's not good enough for you, go turn hobo
>Then still be a wage slave
>>
File: e98.jpg (109 KB, 800x585) Image search: [Google]
e98.jpg
109 KB, 800x585
>>47392841
The best part is how this shit is still getting serious replies, while the motherfucker is no longer even trying
>>
Neolithic-flavoured pre-civilization, possibly post-apocalypse. Mystical and chaotic, pulpy as hell. Lots of stone weapons and wood, and dinosaurs instead of dragons.
>>
>>47384428
>>47378693
Dark Tower is as much of a crazy mashup of different settings and genres as 40K.

post-post-apocalyptic cowboys, grale-knights fighting radiated mutants,wizard-demons and robots.

it has something for everyone.
>>
>>47385414
hunting trolls, getting drunk, avoid eye contact, stab everyone.

also shitpost on /int/
>>
>>47387413
>20 Constitution (which you'll want as a Barbarian anyway)

How the hell are you getting 20 Constitution as a 5e barbarian before level 20?
>>
>>47377501
Have you considered not-India?
>>
File: Not even once.gif (1 MB, 400x294) Image search: [Google]
Not even once.gif
1 MB, 400x294
>>47393765
>not-India
>>
>>47393742
>How the hell are you getting 20 Constitution as a 5e barbarian before level 20?
by starting with a COn higher than 10?
>>
>>47394010
The best you can get is Con 16.
>>
File: tumblr_mdtemv3OEz1r2p31ho1_500.jpg (111 KB, 500x396) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mdtemv3OEz1r2p31ho1_500.jpg
111 KB, 500x396
Glorantha
>>
>>47394068
You can start with 20 if you roll an 18 and play a dwarf.
>>
File: nat 1 archaeology check.jpg (123 KB, 460x635) Image search: [Google]
nat 1 archaeology check.jpg
123 KB, 460x635
>>47377455
Hard Mode: Sentinelese.

Players have to actually establish contact with the IRL Sentinelese, translate their language, and only then can they decipher the DM's instructions.

Try to get speared/wipe the natives out with plague, good luck.
>>
>>47377455
Have you considered any non-European ones?
>>
>>47394602
>roll an 18
>play a dwarf

Kek.
>>
>>47394814
Genasi also have +2 CON.
>>
>>47392779
what socialist paradise do you live in? you're aware its kinda hard out here for everyone? however only a few 1st world countries seem to have any shot at coming out of the global recession, they aint europe's leftwing paradises.
>>
File: totems-new-title-web.jpg (137 KB, 825x1061) Image search: [Google]
totems-new-title-web.jpg
137 KB, 825x1061
>>47377455
You might try Totems of the Dead.

It's Native American inspired Swords and Sorcery fantasy. It's quite different from most fantasy settings. The tech level is high stone age, of course with a few cultures having access to bronze spears, daggers and axes. There are NOT Viking settlers in this setting who actually come in two different flavors.
The Skadians who are classic Vikings and the Ruskar who are clearly based on the Kievan Rus.
>>
>>47395063
I meant to add that it's one of the few settings where a steel sword might as well be a magic item.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 46

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.