[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warmahordes General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 14
File: Khador-Art.jpg (92 KB, 502x332) Image search: [Google]
Khador-Art.jpg
92 KB, 502x332
Khador Stronk Edition

DON'T BEG THE CRYX CROPPING FAGGOT HE WILL NOT POST SPOILERS

POLISH LEAKERBRO CANNOT POST KHADOR, MENOTH OR SKORNE WITHOUT BEING IDENTIFIED DO NOT ASK HIM FOR THEIR CARDS

Warmachine/Hordes Books, No Quarter, & IKRPG
textuploader <dot> com / 5wm4h
PP Youtube (gameplay tutorials, tournament coverage, and announcements)
https://www.youtube.com/user/PrivateerPressPrime
List building at
https://www.forwardkommander.com
http://schlaf.github.io/whac_online/whac.html
Latest Errata
http://privateerpress.com/files/WM%20MKII%20Rules%20Errata%20Jan%202016.pdf
Steamroller Rules
http://privateerpress.com/organized-play/steamroller-tournaments
The Giant List of Podcasts and Blogs
http://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?76379-Warmachine-Hordes-related-blogs-websites-and-forums
Table of contents for all NQ issues
http://www.privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?4313-Table-Of-Contents-For-All-No-Quarter-Issues
Abridged Lore
gargantuans abridged:http://pastebin.com/XPKMKYUc
Exigence abridged: http://pastebin.com/6D1fwSgv
devastation abridged: http://pastebin.com/KxkzfnXj
Lexicanum Iron Kingdoms Lore wiki:
http://warmachine.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
What factions do you play, not just own but actually play?
http://www.strawpoll.me/10138678
>>
>>47367016
>>47366878
Via: http://www.beastsofwar.com/liveblogentry/beyond-mk-iii-a-new-warp-wolf-for-circle-orboros/
>>
>>47367048

Thanks
>>
>>47367048
I really want to play Circle warlocks/beasts with Minions. Why must I be so tempted?
>>
Dead leakers dead thread dead game
>>
What are you goys working on at the moment?

Are you planning to pick up one of the new battleboxes or start a new faction for MKIII?
>>
Mortenebra?
Nightmare?
Karchev?
>>
>>47367777
>What are you goys working on at the moment?

Painting some Man-o-Wars since it looks like they might actually be decent soon. Really looking forward to the new Behemoth sculpt, too.
>>
>>47367777
In the process of moving so spoilers are the only fix I can get right now.

Any news on Steamroller 2016?
>>
>>47367841
>Any news on Steamroller 2016?

http://privateerpress.com/community/privateer-insider/insider-05-19-2016

http://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?251284-OFFICIAL-Insider-05-19-William-Hungerford-ADR-Champions
>>
>>47367777
Started painting the new Reliant. Looking nice so for but the paint keeps coming off for no reason. I washed it and based it. But a single light swipe of a finder is enough to take 3 thin layers of paint off. Guess I'll have to simple-green it and start over.
>>
>>47367777
Getting my Mercs painted up after most of them collected dust for two years. Already done with both Magnusi and all his warjacks (2x Renegade, Rover, Mangler), Ashlynn, Rocinante, TAC, and a few solos.

Not looking forward to the giant pile of solos and 10-man units I've still got left to go.
>>
>>47367777
>What are you goys working on at the moment?

Back when Flameguard Cleansers went on sale, I bought a unit and assembled them. Now I'm going to actually paint them up.

And I'm dusting off and touching up my Harbinger, as I look forward to playing her in a lot more casual games.
>>
>>47367805
Mainly focussed on Malifaux but been tempted to paint my Cygnar for Mk3 however >>47367805 made me realise I might end up painting Khador.

I don't want to buy more stuff but I've been putting off gett MoW's because they sucked. I have a Bombadier Bombshell sitting being the only unpainted Khador model I own and I might want to buy them soon.
>>
>>47367805
I'm actually finishing up some shocktroops right now, too.

Also painting Drago and my pair of Berserkers.
>>
>>47367879
This may sound crazy, but try washing the model with soap and water before painting. If there is release agent left on the plastic, paint won't adhere properly.

It's a good habit to just wash and brush (with an old toothbrush) new models and letting them dry before painting.
>>
>>47368161
>This may sound crazy, but try washing the model with soap and water before painting.
Yeah I must have not been thorough enough in that.
>>
>>47367879
What primer do you use?
>>
>>47368322
Vallejo airbrush primer. Worked fine so far.

I just hope I can fix this without stripping the entire model. That's a problem with plastic.
>>
Please share some farrow minions spoilers :) preferably Carver and war hog (rodak Ĺ‚adnie prosi :)) , i don't know what to buy fro ma chap who want to get rid of them ....
>>
>>47368354
Will said that the minions insider is going to show the Brigand's card.
>>
Brigand's card is a top of the iceberg in terms of pig community needs i am afraid :) , anyway they have been late with minion insider ....and now some of beast bellower was left in sorrow and solitude
>>
>>47368343
Rattle can primers are better for gaming pieces. While airbrushes give great thin coats, they're not as sturdy as rattle can coats are. I always use rattle can for my primer than airbrush whatever over the top.
>>
File: 1462160259828.gif (674 KB, 500x303) Image search: [Google]
1462160259828.gif
674 KB, 500x303
>>47368362
>>
So I know we're meant to clean PP models before we base/paint them because it helps it stick and all that. But what do you guys use?

Does normal dishwashing soap work? Are there any brands to avoid (Australian btw)? Do I just scrubs them with a toothbrush, or will that make them scratchy?

If I wash a model that's already been glued, assuming it's glued properly and I'm gentle, will the water weaken the bond/break the model?
>>
I dunno, I just use some krylon spray primer and never have any issues with needing to wash plastics. Shit works on anything.

With metals, sometimes you can actually see grime on it and then I wash it, but if it looks clean I don't bother.
>>
>>47368712
I've been using a toothbrush and water with a few drops of washing up liquid in.
>>
>>47368712
99% of the time it makes no difference, but warm soapy water (hand soap or dish soap is fine) is all you need.
>>
>>47368768
>>47368824
Beautiful, thanks guys!

>>47368729
I don't think I'd be able to get my hands on Krylon, but it's good to know with some primers it wont matter!

Sidenote, do you guys normally make your bases BEFORE you put the painted product on, or paint on the base then base over?
>>
>>47368956
>>47368956
Base before undercoating.
The undercoat helps seal the basing material onto the base.
>>
>>47369018
What if you're undercoating with something like... snow and you have black primer? Do you just pain the snow white or do you make exceptions?
I can see that working for sand and whatnot though.

Second question: Do you just use some kind of sealant/ varnish on your models? I've heard some people say a non-gloss sealant is crucial to finishing any model, but at the same time have heard of people who don't even know they exist. Thoughts?
>>
>>47368956
Depends on the model and base.

If it's a generic guy on a sandy base then I will base before I prime and paint it afterwards. If it's an important piece and I'm building the base up with some work or detailed stuff then I will do both independently and pin the model to the base.
>>
>>47369065
I always prime black because I hate having to deal with white in the recesses.

Snow bases go like this.

Cork rocks > PVA glue sand down > PVA glue over cork and sand to seal both > Prime black > Paint dark brown > Dry brush lighter brown > Paint rock grey > Drybrush rock > Add a thinned ink if needed to add more depth > Mix baking soda with PVA glue to make paste > apply paste to base > Let dry then give another coat of PVA to seal it down if not happy with it's strength

Varnishes come in 3 types.

Gloss varnish is for protection. It forms a thin coat of glossy plastic over the model to protect it.
Matte varnish is to take the shine off of something and to bring out the colours. It's an even thinner coat of plastic and offers no protection.
Satin varnish is between the two of them. It offs some protection and will take the edge off of shine.

If you want to do it the proper way you gloss then give it a day and matte. If you're not a retard and can take care of your shit, satin will be fine in almost every situation.

You seem new. Have a youtube channel. https://www.youtube.com/user/ThePaintingClinic
>>
>>47367777
Picking up the khador starter. Owning 3 juggernauts doesn't look bad this edition and I can change the decimator to torch.
>>
>>47369358
Decimator is also quite good.
>>
>>47369175
So, the baking soda + PVA paste is your snow later? Does the baking soda not just kind of.... dissolve?

And yeah, I am pretty horribly knew to the hobby aspect of it all. I tried painting a very long time ago and was fucking terrible so I stopped. Looking to play the game properly now so I should paint my shit, thanks for the channel, man. Any ideas of channels that show you full-on painting videos? Like, overhead view including the brush strokes they make? (Not sure if that channel shows it or not, haven't checked, if it does, my bad)
>>
>>47367777
Skorne all the way. I'll have to see a doctor about xekaar because my erection has lasted far longer than 4 hours
>>
>>47369592
It hardens up into a nice snow effect.

Doctor faust has great tutorial videos from the very basics to top tier shit. It's what you're looking for.
>>
>>47369592
After about a year or two baking soda will turn yellow and look like ass

Use snow flock
>>
>>47369778
I have pearly white baking soda from 5 years ago, so nice urban myth you have there.
>>
>>47370024
huh. Mind if I ask you how you did yours? All the bases on my snowy-mountainside night goblin army turned yellow a little while ago, and it was a bitch and a half to redo. I mixed roughly 2:1 PVA to vallejo white, mixed baking soda into that, thinned it, slopped it on, and then (this is where I realize now I mighta fucked up) sprinkled more baking soda on top to make it look fresh. Maybe it has to be sealed with the PVA or something? IDK, I feel like if you're not on a minuscule budget snow flock isn't ever gonna turn yellow and you might as well not risk it but as you said YMMV.

P.S. to fix my yellow snow I painted it over white, and then used the Secret Weapon crushed glass snow, looks pretty fucking boss. Since I have them multibased (for KoW), I'm not too worried about crushed glass flaking off during transport and play. Applying the stuff with goggles gloves and respirator was a little nerve-wracking though lol. The crushed glass effect really doesn't photograph well, but it makes excellent, shimmery wet-looking snow, like how snow looks after sitting in the sun for a bit.
>>
>>47370207
I didn't mix paint in. Maybe paint causes it to yellow?
>>
>>47368956
I like rustoleum or 99c can from home despot
>>
>>47369727
Great, thanks for the reference then!
>>
You know what would be cool? A Vector that uses Myrmidon inspired weapons!

Well that or a Character Monstrosity, however that would work. .
>>
>>47369358

I'm going Skorne this ed. Going to start a semi-Journeyman league with my friends. 0 points first week, minimum 1 match up a week, and get a head start for your first game with +1 vp if you painted anything that week.

Think they can be pretty badass no matter what people say. Those debuffs will start to accumulate one way or another, and all of a sudden, his charging weapon masters don't seem so dangerous anymore.
>>
>>47370684
A character monstrosity seems like it goes against the whole "faceless, personality-less, twisted humans" thing the Monstrosities have going.
>>
>>47370695
I'm thinking of switching to circle. I like their warbeasts and kromac2's sculpt
>>
>>47370744
If anything it would probably be more like Thunderhead or Angelus than any of the other Charjacks or Charbeasts (You can only field one of it, but you don't get bonuses for using it with a specific Warnoun).
>>
>>47367777
Getting my champs ready, pretty excited for the bouncer and the new caster, definitely getting the new box.

Here's a question for you guys. I have a shitload of light trolls from trades and EE. Should I start trading/selling them or see if one of the new tiers wants them?
>>
I've had a lot of paints dry-out after.... I dunno, a year maybe? But I know people who've had paints for 5+ years?
Is there a way to revive paint I don't know about?
Little bit of hot water and rigorous mixing? Anyone?
>>
>>47370816
I can see that. Coc/Ceph characters jacks would be experimental prototypes
>>
>>47371019
See if new tiers want them/if they'll still be usable.

Waiting around doesn't hurt, and once all the rules are released (that's like.... a month away?) you'll now for certain and can still catch people faction swapping.
>>
>>47371087
Medium, but a dead paint is better thrown away
>>
>>47371087
add water and mix, if it doesn't go smooth toss it.
>>
>>47371094
I can see a Ceph prototype that mounts a ranged weapon which functions as their version of an Arc Node in one arm with the other arm as a Monstrosity Fist.

A CoC Charvector would prolly be a test frame to see how the algorithms extrapolated from Myrmidion shoulder guns and force fields operated.
>>
>>47371204
>Cipher chassis with Phoenix Field under Syntherion
That would definitely make me go Convergence.
>>
>>47371121
Medium as in...? Some kind of flow-improver?

>>47371127
Thanks, any temperature or is warm best?
>>
>>47372027
Dear god, I'm a CoC player myself, and I don't know if I want to live in this world, it seems too gross!

Though I would like to see more CoC guns that did things that were more..... interesting.

Also I know they said fuck all changed on them in the insider, but I really want perforators to get 7" 7 POW on their guns. because prime numbers and because those miserable assholes need a buff.

But I suppose with the changes to AP and now that a million warjacks will be on the table, they might be playable?
>>
>>47372151
Acrylic medium
>>
>>47372027
Hm, I was thinking of a Conservator with a field based on elements of both the Manticore and Hydra fields myself. (Get Focus from being hit, then give that Focus to every Jack in range or your caster and then use the Conservator to punch face.) Guess which CoC caster would have the most fun with that.

There's also the option to fit one of the Light Vectors with a Repulsor Cannon.
>>
>>47370258
It's just gonna yellow on its own
>>
>>47372151
Doesn't matter much in my experience. I'll just use what I'm painting with. If it's good enough to thin my paints as I use them it/'s good enough before that.
>>
>>47372192
They've said they're going unchanged, and not even getting a price drop, like Eradicators are.

Which has me curious. Like, even with the change the AP, they're still pretty bad, though they at least have a knockdown assassination on warcasters now.

But if the UA gives them something, or they can somehow get a damage buff(maybe the Conflux interacts with them somehow, for example), I can see them getting dropped into Mother lists.

Aurora seems like she'd like them, what with Stationary and all, but a Cipher still does just as much damage as they do at the same cost, and brings more meat and a utility gun.
>>
>>47372275
Except mine hasn't in literally years of being on the bases. People keep repeating this fact and it's not holding up to the reality I am seeing.
>>
So arcane vortex on Ruin.

Wonder if Vlad's still have wind wall?
>>
Arcane Vortex on Ruin sounds bad. Doesn't that cost cortex to use? Or is this on top of spell ward, not replacing it?
>>
I haven't played in years
does Cryx still get shit on by riflemen?
and is Cryx still the most fun?
>>
>>47372364
I know they said it was unchanged, which is weird. I just really wish it was 7/7 because it just seems so much better, and fluffy.

They are still pretty bad but can probably definitely eat a light warjack now no hassle. I think they're more playable, but still could definitely use a buff. Might see them in mother lists because they CAN get up to POW 10, right?

Or, yeah, Aurora because flying is a good rule....
>>
>>47372681
Arcane Vortex lets you spend a focus to completely negate a spell that targets itself or a model within 3" of it.

Ruin never had spell ward. It had Orgoth Seal which causes spells targeting it to suffer a RNG penalty and if it was directly hit by a spell, the caster took a few points of damage.
>>
>>47372754
I believe it also has sacred ward now too.

All orgoth has sacred ward which allows friendly spells but can't be targeted by enemy.
>>
>>47372681
It's better than whatever it had before. -rng is easy to get around with nodes.
And it also protects the caster which we didn't have before in Khador.
>>
>>47372754
Arcane Vortex can only be paid with souls by Ruin, otherwise it would be broken as fuck to pump him full of focus and ignore all spells + his new immunity to enemy spells.
>>
Where do all the spoilers you are discussing in this thread come from?

Also, I could pick up a group of precursors pretty cheap but don't know if I should. Any news on them?

I play mercs and already saw constance. She still looks pretty shit 2bh..
>>
>>47373103
-2 to damage rolls for undead is pretty intense. Giving your entire army Unyielding against Cryx is a hell of a thing.

The sheer amount of work she can do with her character jack is also insane, or with Versh.

Her feat still has problems against Cryx, though we'll have to see how much. It's still a pretty good feat in general however.
>>
>>47373103
Contance playability will depend on how good the morrowan models are.

Precursors weren't spoiled so far.
>>
>>47373189
The problem I see is the morrowan only transference. I hate that.

>>47373244
>Contance playability will depend on how good the morrowan models are.
>Precursors weren't spoiled so far.

Yeah, that's why I asked. Well, it shouldn't be too long to the cygnar insider I guess.
>>
>>47373027
Doom Reavers (with Orgoth Swords) can't be targeted by friendly spells sooo.... you're wrong but cool spoiler for Ruin
>>
New warpwolf for grayle has shield guard and highest base arm of all wolves. Can drag with his chain weapon.

Can warp for:
2 arm
Weapon Master
or ghostly
>>
>>47373311
In mk2, but in mk3 all doomies/orgoth shit has sacred ward like errants, just like the most recent Doom Reavers that ezerkova has as body guards.
>>
>>47373290
Depending on how cheap they are/limited your budget is, why not just pick them up?

Sidenote: I feel like PP would buff them a decent amount since they were (probably?) one of the least played models.... ever(?) in MK2? And just for balance wise/sales wise they would. Since Constance also needs Morrows as well.... They're probably fine to play since they're likely to be the backbone of her army?
>>
>>47373342
Where did you find this out? Seems too close to model leak to be true?

>>47373365
Ohhhh. I didn't realize you were talking MK3, my bad. Sorry for being a condescending dick.
>>
>>47373342
>Can drag

>Weapon Master
>or ghostly
nice
>>
So with what we know, does it seem like Bloodrunners will actually see play?
>>
>>47373365
I wonder how they nerfed doomies so they don't murder everything under khador buffs.
>>
>>47373494
No abomination.
>>
>>47372708
All the fun has sucked out of Cryx in the new edition.
>>
>>47373290
Yes, but it neither applies to only warriors models not melee attacks.

So her character jack can have 3 focus on him and you can still boost all his attack and damage rolls while buying three attacks.
>>
>>47373494
Maybe reach 1 instead of 2
>>
anything on how IFP changed?
>>
If they really have changed all the Orgoth spell ward to sacred ward that is gonna be so, so good. Doom Reavers with Fury? :D
>>
>>47373494
They very likely lost AD
>>
>>47373374
>Depending on how cheap they are/limited your budget is, why not just pick them up?

More than half may miniatures are still unpainted. Seriously, if there is one thing I hate about this game, the it's that 95% of all people I come across play unpainted. It's like they treat their miniks lkike magic cards.
>>
>>47373654
Painting is something you do if you enjoy. If you don't enjoy it, why do it?
>>
>>47373639
Not sure if pbutcher still has fury, but butcher3's silence of death gives 2 str now
>>
>>47373691
>>>47373654 (You)
>Painting is something you do if you enjoy. If you don't enjoy it, why do it?

Its alright but around here it seems noone paints. I think that's just sad and I dont wan to be like the rest.
>>
>>47373746
Aint him, but hell, if im gonna paint something, im gonna paint it so it would look extra fabulous. Which takes ALOT of effort and time. So aint surprised someone aint paint their stuff.
>>
>>47366996
So I haven't been paying attention to these threads much for the last few months. What's /tg/'s general stance on Mk3 and related?

The Facebook groups are a mix of excitement and salt, depending on which faction, and the forums are mostly the Dead Sea with exceptions.
>>
>>47373746
Too busy following OP of the month means painting is to your disadvantage.

Can't flip it quick if it's painted. Painting lowers resale. Etc...
>>
>>47373746
>>47373654
Stop forcing your way of enjoying the hobby on others. If they don't like painting, don't expect them to paint their shit. It isn't required.
>>
>>47373810
>Painting lowers resale.
Only bad and mediocre painting. Good paintjob (say what gets 9+ on CMoN) will fetch price comparable to, or better than, unpainted
>>
>>47373827
What's your fucking problem?
I don't have a problem with people not painting. It is just that around here noone, absolutely no single person in my playing group or or tourneys has any painted miniatures. That makes me said - personally said. I don't force shit on anyone.
>>
>>47373848
Your fucking problem is you want people to paint.
If other people's models aren't painted it shouldn't even be an issue to you. You're one of the worst kinds of cancer in miniature games.
Let people enjoy games the way they want to enjoy them and fuck off.
>>
>>47373872
Anything else while you are here?
>>
>>47373494
...but you can't buff Doomies
>>
>>47373907
Nah man, just as long as you understand you're an idiot and you shouldn't be 'sad'.
>>
>>47373919
Did you miss the bit where they're saying Doom Reavers have sacred ward instead of spell ward?
>>
>>47373808
Cautious excitement. A fair amount of changes seem good, a few seem 'eh/what?' and we're lacking a lot of "context" still.
>>
>>47373929
Please explain.
>>
>>47373977
Don't be sad that people don't do what you want them to do. That makes you an idiot.
>>
>>47367777
Finishing up the highlights on my blightbringer and prime axiom. Then I start building a fuckton of khador starting with old battlebox
>>
>>47372192
i'm theorycrafting hopscotching attunement servitors/assaulting perforators/running or charging reciprocators and obstructors under Aerogenesis. layers.
>>
>>47373872
People enjoy playing against a fully painted army more. It shows a deeper dedication and makes the game more visually appealing.

Think of it like food. I can just jam it all on your plate and tell you the fuck off or I can use a little presentation and you can fuck off. One is more appealing because it looks special, it looks like someone cared. This has an effect on our subconscious and we enjoy it more as we consider it to be of a higher quality. The same is true in every hobby including this one.
>>
>>47374010
Sounds like you collect exactly what i do!
>>
>>47373983
Sorry, I'm quite out of words here atm. I just can't comprehend how you can be this dense. That is all I'm going to say.
>>
>>47374071
Retard.
>>47374063
Enjoying playing against a painted army is one thing.
Complaining that others don't paint is another.
>>
>>47373939
Yes
>>
>>47374089
>Complaining that others don't paint is another.

Except I never did that other than in this thread. You are just projecting.
>>
>>47374143
>other than in this thread.
Which means you did it.
>>
>>47374089
>I enjoy things more if X action happens
>I shouldn't encourage people to take X action

This is your logic you retarded fuck. People SHOULD push others to bettering the situation for themselves. You can only do this in 2 ways in our society and resist jail, one is bribe them and one is to complain and make the social group hostile to people who don't do it. He is actively 100% the correct way for his self interest. You're just a retard who doesn't understand how motivation works or why encouraging your group to better themselves is a positive thing.

Do you know why companies don't show you bare pewter int heir display cases? Painted shit looks better, so they attract more people, which grows the hobby. A table off grey and silver looks boring and two armies look the same to passes by as with every single other game out there. If you give a shit about playing this game then making it presentable and more appealing is how you get more people to play it and care. Which is again in your self interest.

It's like you have grown up in a society that has absolutely no concept of how humans work and you're an entitled little shit who thinks encouraging others to work towards a universal betterment is some kind of hate crime against your feelings.
>>
>>47374143
>other than in this thread.
Dude.
>>
>>47374089
The fuck is wrong with you? He is sad thats his own business, and i dont recall him sayin anything but "its sad". Did he fucking say "I FUCKING SMASH THEM IN THE FACE EACH TIME I SEE THEIR UNPAINTED MINIS" or something you faggot? Na, he didnt? Then why the fuck do you call HIM an idiot instead of calling so yourself? Lemme guess - you are just a piece of offensive shit.
Go to sleep before your sister slap you for occupying her pc, teenage fuck.
>>
>>47373342
Those can't be correct, but oh man if they are.
>>
Why are Warmahorde players such faggots about painting?
>>
>>47374219
>>>47374143 (You)
>>other than in this thread.
>Dude.

I'm not a native speaker, mate.
>>
>>47374220
>He is sad thats his own business
If it's his own business why is he posting it in this thread?
>>47374197
But it isn't 'bettering' themselves. That's a projecting that idiots make - they think, "Hey, painting is an option for this hobby, thus, everyone should take that option - it's the correct option" when it isn't. It's just another way to enjoy the hobby.
Thus, those idiots that think it's the correct option berate those that don't want to paint.

It's the same way with the hyper competitive gamer - they think that winning is the best and that players should only try and win - that 'silly' or 'fun' lists are bad and aren't actually 'fun'. They're wrong because people can enjoy the hobby how they want to enjoy it. I'm not going to go up to the hyper competitive player and tell him, "Hey man, it's just a game, don't take it seriously."
He wants to take it seriously, so I should let him. Not complain about it.
It's the same way with painting. You paint, you enjoy it. Don't complain about others not painting.

Let people enjoy their hobbies the way they want to and don't complain about it.
>>
>>47374281
>Let people enjoy their hobbies the way they want to and don't complain about it.

What if part of enjoying the hobby for someone playing with and against painted armies?

Why is the enjoyment of the non-painter more important than the enjoyment of the painter?
>>
>>47374281
>>>47374220
>>He is sad thats his own business
>If it's his own business why is he posting it in this thread?

Well, before you jumped in I was asking about precursors, I think. Guess the painting thing just came up. :^)

Let's just stop here, it's getting silly.
>>
>>47367805
Man-o-Warcaster when

I want to run the biggest guys and no jacks.
>>
>>47374306
>Why is the enjoyment of the non-painter more important than the enjoyment of the painter?
Because the non-painter isn't forcing his opinion on the painter. The painter expects people to paint while the non-painter just wants to play a game.
>>
>>47374281
>Working towards a goal and improving your skills that can later be sold for profit is not improving yourself.

Let me guess, you have facial piercings, a couple of tattoos and a Bernie sanders shirt.
>>
>>47374281
>If it's his own business why is he posting it in this thread?
Cause he fucking can, he wasnt offensive to anyone about it. You were, shitfuck.
>>47374312
Well you do realise you should paint them in your own colour scheme, doncha? And Constancia aswell.
>>47374306
Not that shit again. You choose to play with unpainted army or not, you and nobody else. You aint wanna - dont. End of story.
>>
>>47374314
I think the new caster is supposed to be a MoW caster. Also with the way mk3 is shaping up taking no jacks isn't gonna be an option, sorry bud.
>>
>>47374355
>Cause he fucking can, he wasnt offensive to anyone about it. You were, shitfuck.
See >>47373848
>what's your fucking problem
Pretty aggressive mate.
>>
>>47374368
It still is, but you're shooting yourself in the foot if you don't.
>>
>>47374368
isn't he an ironfang caster?
>>
>>47374344
>Because the non-painter isn't forcing his opinion on the painter. The painter expects people to paint while the non-painter just wants to play a game.

But he is doing that passively. By not painting his models, he forces others to play against unpainted armies. He only takes into account his own desires, never considering the enjoyment of others.
>>
>>47374368
>I think the new caster is supposed to be a MoW caster.

No, he's an Iron Fang.
>>
>>47374407
Nice Catch-22 mate.
>>
>>47374405
>>47374422

I don't into khador, I just kill them when they're across the table.
>>
>>47374407
The fuck? Is this guy chaining you to the table? If it's that unpleasant for you to play against unpainted armies then don't sperglord. You're probably too much of a passive beta to say anything about it in real life though so you come here to bitch and troll.
>>
>>47374466
Of course I don't say anything about it in real life because unlike the nonpainter I actually take into account the desires and enjoyment of others.
>>
>>47374380
Being sad is agressive nowadays huh? I missed something?
>>
File: ashlynn.jpg (584 KB, 1876x2288) Image search: [Google]
ashlynn.jpg
584 KB, 1876x2288
>>47374355
>>>47374312 (You)
>Well you do realise you should paint them in your own colour scheme, doncha? And Constancia aswell.

My mercs are all Lael-themes. Colours are white and purple. Black, white and purple for the amethyst rose gun mages.

I think the precursors would look great in white, possoble with a head-swap. Maybe I should just get them and add-them to my to do pile..

Sorry for the shitty pic. JUst made it.
>>
>>47374493
No you idiot, saying "What's your fucking problem" is aggressive. It actively incites aggression, which is why I became aggressive.
>>
>>47374407
>he forces others to play against unpainted armies
The fuck? Are you fucking nuts?
>>
>>47374493
He's clearly from Tumblr and is upset that people don't agree with his life style choices and that they judge him on it.
>>
>>47374502
Now re-read the line from the start. You are an imbecile because he aint forcing anything at anyone. Being sad fucking forces something at someone, huh, fuckface?
>>
File: c4.jpg (98 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
c4.jpg
98 KB, 960x720
>>47374509
No mate, I paint. I paint a lot. But people shouldn't complain about others not painting.
They may not have the time, they may not have the skill (and don't have the willpower to actively get better through practice) and they may not have the money to get commissions done (or even buy miniature paints, as mini paints can be an expensive investment).
People should just let people enjoy hobbies the way they want to enjoy them.
>>
>>47374509
That would explain alot.
>>
>>47374553
>People should just let people enjoy hobbies the way they want to enjoy them.

Nobody's saying they can't not paint their models, just like nobody's saying they can't put ketchup on their steak or wear pants on their heads.
>>
>>47374553
>People should just accept anything they don't like
>"He's such a bigot"
>He doesn't like that people consider getting HIV to be a hobby
>How homophobic
>I only play Skorne because they let me express my BDSM fetish
>I wear nipple clamps to Games workshop
>I wish I was at home reading doctor who fanfics
>>
File: 1463478418653.png (1 MB, 1068x822) Image search: [Google]
1463478418653.png
1 MB, 1068x822
I bought some Croe's on sale on some of you guys' advice and the owner said they also have old metal Nomad and Mule jacks I could have for 50% off too. I know I can't play them with my preference the dwarf casters, but do the mk3 versions look like they're worth picking up if I end up making a non-dwarf caster army?
>>
>>47374688
Absolutely pick up the Nomad.
Mule is only okay.
>>
Miniatures game companies should just make and more top table events painted mandatory. It boosts the appeal of the game, sells more paints + accessories which is better for stores, etc.
>>
>>47374688
Nomads looking fine. Mule would depend on their MK3 points and the caster/jack marshal you are going to run them with, I guess.
>>
>>47374688
Nomads seem great. SPD5, ARM19, P+S18 Reach for only 11pts is crazy value. The only Merc jack I'd consider over it for the beatstick job is the Mangler, but that depends on what the point difference is.
>>
>>47374763
I believe PP tournaments still have a 3 color+base requirement but that may just be Hardcore format.
>>
>>47375210
Hardcore isn't going to be a thing anymore, so I don't think they have painting requirements at all unless they roll it into Masters or something.

Though I think it's highly encouraged, since PP likes to stream games and they won't let you have your unpainted crap on a stream.
>>
>>47374763
I like having to paint armies, it let's me know which players are cancer to be avoided and which guys actually care about their stuff and by extension have fun with the game.
>>
>>47374726
>>47374776
>>47375196

Thank you, Nomad for sure then. Going by mk2 rules or spoiled mk3 which caster would make the Mule worth playing?
>>
>>47375196
How many nomads can be fit in the new standard size game?
>>
>>47375423
9 and change.
>>
>>47375478
>tfw that doesn't even feel like a lot
>>
Can someone post the Circle warlock's cards please?
>>
>>47375294
It feels good to be good at painting and not terrible at this game.
>>
>>47375706

http://www.3plusplus.net/2016/05/warmachine-hordes-battlebox-spoilers/
>>
>>47375513
It kinda isn't, since they're throttled in terms of volume of attacks. 9 Nomads could easily get bogged down on chaff.

Now if we want to talk like 2 Renegades, 3 Nomads, and 4 Manglers, under say Mangus1 who can give out Iron Aggression to boost all those Thresher attacks, we might be getting somewhere.
>>
i usually get my armies painted via commission. i love a good painted model and army but am too fucking shit to do it myself.

i got Rasheth just done, hes going to be bonkers in mk3. 16" no channeling no animus every turn(that you cast castigate) according to rumours
>>
>>47375294
Yeah you are that cancer. Eat shit.
>>
>>47374688

The nomad is one of the most optimized jacks in the game now. The mangler is going to be good to great depending on its point cost. 13 points will make it a solid upgrade to the nomad but keep both viable
>>
>>47375827

That's a lot of free tramples with 9 nomads.
>>
Is Warmachine tactics worth a damn? I just got it and the mercs pack for $2 on Kinguin.
>>
>>47377184
they took an existing wargame system and said "FUCK IT" and made their own, with even less content.
so fuck them

was kinda neat to see jacks punching other jacks with some semblance of animation, though.
>>
>>47376866
The free charges and Thresher on a reach chain weapon will do a lot to keep the Mangler viable, I'm sure.
>>
I'm feeling drawn towards the Protectorate right now. How was Vindictus in mk2? I really like model.

Also have Malekus' cards have been shown yet?
>>
>>47377305

all battlebox cards are here >>47375804
>>
>>47377305
Vinny in mk2 was alright, he did something unique for the faction, it was just that the faction had no use for what he did.

If he keeps his stuff, I'd expect a lot of support for both his infantry and his warjacks.
>>
>>47375332
If you can still pull off the ashlynn with gunmage+mule combo the "take aim!" marshal seems tailor made for them since you want to aim for the extra range anyway.
>>
>>47373872
>>47373848
no guise, we talked about this: painting is an integral part of the game.

I do not see the point of collecting unpainted little soldiers, why not just play chess? why bother with miniatures at all if you don't like them?

I understand that painting can be a chore/difficult, but it comes with the job.
You "git gud" with practice.
Don't be THAT GUY, start painting instead.
>>
I'll forgive noobies and people with physical disabilities for not painting their models.

Laziness however, isn't a disability. If you don't treat your models right and give them the paint they deserve I won't play against you.
>>
>>47373518
Good. Cryx sucked the fun out of everything this edition.
>>
>>47370207
Mine has been going good for quite a while.

I didn't use regular PVA to mix it, I mixed baking soda with mod podge because it's got stuff in it to make it a way better sealant. Still looking great.
>>
>>47377695

Okay I'm trying to figure this out, so you take Ashlynn, gunmages + UA as Llaelese theme mercs, and then jack marshal the mule right? Is there a reason it's specifically Ashlynn?
>>
Her feat (if unchanged) is amazing or crit-fishing due to extra dice. Combined with crit devestation for fun and profit.
>>
>>47378332

I still don't get why 1Denny is the mostly same. And I still can't wrap my head around Bane Thralls (Or Bane Soldiers or however their called now). Like how are they balanced? Especially with most Debuff removal being well....removed. And if they are balanced then they are still such a massive bitch to play against. Even Vanilla versions.

And this is a genuine question. Can somebody explain it to me?
>>
What if only half of my army is painted? Do I just make people who enjoy playing against painted armies sad while making people playing unpainted armies feel judged?
>>
>>47378456

I see now, that is really good. Thanks!
>>
>>47378510
I don't know about Denny, but Bane Warriors are balanced by being 12/15, no Stealth, SPD 5, MAT 6 models. Just shoot them, you'll be fine.
>>
>>47378366

Her feat is +2 unkept die, you can crit-fish all day with a unit and jack that live for crits. A good crit devestation can shuffle around a unit, if not kill it from the slams. Thunderbolt will knock stuff down off the dev, or you can go brutal damage. It's a cool combo, even if it only goes off once, if at all.
>>
>>47377305

Vindictus could move a bunch of infantry up the board quickly and that was about it. If youbad enough Daughters, Errants, Zealots, Knights, and TFG to overwhelm your opponent, good. If not...

Just don't expect him to really contribute anything else.
>>
Denny losing the ability to debuff Focus and Fury on the feat is huge. It means she is forced to shut down arc nodes on the field or risk getting spell killed with her personal stats. Also crippling grasp not preventing charges is big, Mk I and II a -2 SPD debuff was effectively a -5 SPD buff as you couldn't get the extra charge distance. Now she has to be careful as she can't always rely on an alpha strike for her warrior models just by tagging enemy models with Crippling Grasp.
>>
>>47378510
Crippling Grasp and her feat were both nerfed by removing the "no runs, no special attacks" bit and the fact that SPD penalties no longer prevent charges.

Also, Bane Warriors got a pretty significant nerf with the removal of Stealth (you can now just shoot the fuckers) and the Tough changes (can't Tough while knocked down).
>>
>>47378684
>Crippling Grasp and her feat were both nerfed by removing the "no runs, no special attacks" bit

Sorry, messed up. That was only for Crippling Grasp. Still fairly significant.
>>
>>47378102
Except that's no difference, rules wise, between a painted and unpainted model.

In that sense, it's an entirely optional part of the game, and in no way integral.
>>
>>47378294
And if I tell you I hate painting and I'm not going to waste my time doing it?

Nothing to do with being lazy, I just have things I actually enjoy to devote my time too.
>>
>>47378712
Yea, it's a huge deal. Denny no longer gets to remove an entire unit from the game with Grasp, only her feat has a huge denial portion to it.

The changes to camping also mean she can't just afford to wander up and feat on full camp, knowing that nothing in the opponents army can kill her.
>>
>>47379010

Hey. That guy likes painting. He can paint your models that you don't like to paint. Everyone wins!
>>
>>47379050
And that's perfectly fine with me. I've got nothing against painting as a concept, and I can enjoy a well painted model, and respect the talent and effort it took.
>>
>>47374281
WHy play a miniature game if you don't like painting miniatures? This is what I'll never understand about people who argue like you. Why not play board games or something else than spending hundreds of dollars on pewter.
>>
>>47379149
For the actual game rules?
>>
>>47379010
>And if I tell you I hate painting and I'm not going to waste my time doing it?

I won't play against you.
>>
>>47379010

We're starting a hobby night at my flgs, and we have a solution to this. If you hate painting that much, we'll paint your shit for you so we don't play the amazing chome legion every game. It's not hard If you assembly line It. It might not be showcase quality, but It'll be there.

We'll seal 'em too, cause you chunk 'em in a shoebox like magic cards.
>>
>>47376882
This is what I'm thinking for Mk3 Amon.

He gets FM: Parry. 9 Crusaders, Synergy, Trampling forward, ignoring free strikes. Less melee range than the eMagnus Nomad wall, but more damage output.
>>
>>47378572
Removed Stealth: In the faction that grants the most stealth. And +1 point cost (Or like half a point cost better) and added pathfinder+ to speed them up.

And even outside of that I just find them the most direct power skewed thing in the whole game. There are things with more abilities, but I just find them to be the most "Power in just one area" sort of deal. Just a whole bunch of pow 16+ guys. Can't wait for the attachments. Its such a debuff that Tough doesn't work on knockdown that one of their stupid other attachments prevents knockdown.

Is there anything else that powerful for its cost/ scale with no other drawbacks?

>Crippling Grasp and her feat were both nerfed by removing the "no runs, no special attacks" bit and the fact that SPD penalties no longer prevent charges.

Its still such bullshit for the faction with Arcnodes. Its just OP from OP+. Again I may be wrong, but Im just not seeing it. She still feels as frustrating to play against as ever, just without the outright ridiculous parts.
>>
>>47379171
I play it for the game. If they came assembled and painted, I would actually be glad.
>>
>>47379264
Uh, Thralls/Warriors have plenty of drawbacks.

Especially now that they can't be sped up.

It was Knights that were the issue, because they delivered themselves.

Bane Thralls as it stands are far easier to deal with, especially in the context of the rest of the changes to Cryx. No more easy jamming units, for example, to give them a free turn to get there.
>>
>>47379264
>
Its still such bullshit for the faction with Arcnodes. Its just OP from OP+. Again I may be wrong, but Im just not seeing it. She still feels as frustrating to play against as ever, just without the outright ridiculous parts.

Denny can no longer protect her army as well, various nerfs prevent her merc gunline from working nearly as well as it used too, and is far, far more fragile then she used to be.
>>
Do we have any details on Stormguard, the Reliant, Laddermore, or Long Gunners?
>>
>>47376683
whats crawled up your ass
>>
Didn't they make bane warrior UA not give tough anymore?
>>
File: trollblood_progress.png (2 MB, 1513x583) Image search: [Google]
trollblood_progress.png
2 MB, 1513x583
Speaking of painting, I finally decided upon a color scheme that I liked a couple months ago. Now just to paint all my minis...
>>
Pick a card, I'm about to go to bed. Got Minions, Legion and Circle.
>>
>>47379506
Gator Posse
>>
>>47379331
I've always found kreoss just as frustrating. 14" lamentation, able to knock everything down regardless of LoS and purification all buffs off in a faction with good shooting.

I have PTSD from the old 2 player starter games with my sorscha. Then our 3rd player started with Denny.
>>
Warpwolf Stalker
>>
>>47379506

beast mistress please
>>
>>47379506

Maelok, so everyone can see his Field Marshal.
>>
>>47379506
Rhyas. Cause no one really cares.
>>
File: image.jpg (6 MB, 4032x3024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
6 MB, 4032x3024
>>47379527
>>
>>47379543

She's the same as in MK2.
>>
>>47379587

exactly the same? cool, thanks
>>
>>47379577
Anything change on the back of the card?
>>
>>47379638
Phone won't do captcha right, yeah, dirge lost +1 def buff, gain concealment. Offerings to kossk is the reroll same shit, predator's prayer instead of march, models gain bloodthirst +2" move
>>
>>47379566
Rapport lost free transfer, gain extended control area for that WB. plus 1 P+S on her sword
>>
>>47379677
>>47379677
No Unyielding? Dammm
>>
>>47379677
Nice, thanks.
>>
>>47379711
still there, only mentioned the changes
>>
>>47379577
they don't seem very good
>>
File: mk3 battle box casters.jpg (212 KB, 1000x504) Image search: [Google]
mk3 battle box casters.jpg
212 KB, 1000x504
Will these casters be available in metal after the battle box release?
>>
>>47379775
I mean, they no longer feel like far and away the best medium base infantry in the game,but they still feel pretty solid.
>>
>>47379790

Eventually.
>>
>>47378532
you are truly worse than hitler

clearly your actions reflect your feelings toward the people around you, and they should react accordingly
>>
>>47379790
>>47379817

they've already got everything set up to do plastic versions, I don't really know why they would switch to metal
>>
>>47379897
They like doing metal.

Originally they planned on staying metal for all their shit, but economics and all.

Plus, I think they can do metal in house.
>>
>>47379897
To sell the warcasters individually on the webstore like they did with the mk2 boxes.
>>
>>47379803
I dunno man, 3 of them for 11 points is the same price as a Nomad. A Nomad will put in a lot more work than three posse.
>>
>>47379527
>he didn't say Rask
>>
>>47379960
Depends on what you're fighting.

The Gators threat farther against living, have more attacks, get boosted against living, protect themselves on the way in, and do all of this with zero support.
>>
>>47379998
I play Skorne and wanted to see what my most commonly used medium based unit was up to. Fuck Rask.
>>
>>47379960
yeah sure if you send them after things the nomad is suited for. the posse looks a LOT better at taking on full units of higher def infantry, what with a higher MAT plus rerolls and more attacks and they can do so unsupported.
>>
>>47380017
>I play Skorne
Oh man, sorry you can name whatever you want.
I'm sorry for your loss
>>
>>47379960
What army can field both gators and a nomad? I guess if you use Raluk you can but then it's not getting focus.

>>47380032
They got bumped down to mat 6.

>>47380052
I'm glad you understand.
>>
>>47380052
More recent spoilers have been far better towards Skorne players.

I'd argue they got the best BB warlock as well, really.
>>
>>47379577
Oh, tough with a MAT hit. What's the crocdoc gonna do then?
>>
>>47380081
I'm still leery about him. Mat 6 melee witchmark is basically pointless, and he's got bad defensive stats. He's definitely going to have to stay back. Fantastic feat though, and god damn mortality is going to be good with marketh.
>>
>>47380062
>They got bumped down to mat 6.

whoops, missed that bit. still the usage of the two remains completely different and makes a cost comparison less than useful
>>
>>47380081
>I'd argue they got the best BB warlock as well, really.
Really? I guess I didn't pay much attention to him when I saw Malakus looking like a ton of fun, the Troll guy giving out cover every turn, and the Circle chick with Scything Touch.
>>
>>47380091
Give 'em Undead, SacStrike POW 20's at the caster he can see.
>>
Is circle the least spoiled faction at this point?

I just hope my Skinwalkers and alpha come through still decent.
>>
>>47379790
>Not doing Malekus as Bane
>>
>>47380107
Like, he's confusing as fuck, because at a glance he seems like a frontline warlock. And he absolutely isn't.

But yea, he's got an incredible feat, an excellent spell list, and neither of them are dependent on his army comp, so he can be played a lot of ways.

It's honestly kind of interesting, because all the other BB warlocks seem fairly straightforward, but he looks like he's going to take a shitload of finesse.
>>
>>47379790

so The Burning Truth turns out to be... END OF RINE?
>>
>>47380122

Unless sac strike changed, it's at base arm, no unyielding bonus. I'd hoped they picked up snacking, but at mat 6 5 hp I'ma little bummed.

Waiting on the snapper since spiny changed
>>
>>47379790
I just wish for once that Skorne would get a model that fits inside a case easily. Like holy shit stop making small models awkward shapes and sizes Jesus fuck dick piss shit cunts.
>>
>>47379577

As a Minions player, I am goddamn thankful as fucking hell that my Posse came out relatively unscathed. Thanks spoiler-bro.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.