[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Moving on from drama
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: sadelf.jpg (18 KB, 550x413) Image search: [Google]
sadelf.jpg
18 KB, 550x413
I need some help working through this, /tg/. My gaming group dumped me on the streets a couple months ago, and Im still really fucking hurt.

> Girl1 is tight with the GM
> Girl1 and Boy1 are dating OOCly
> Entire group long time friends.
> GM keeps centering plots around Girl1
> Group gets upset by this and keeps telling Girl2/OP about the favoritism and wont talk to GM
> OP sits down with GM saying 'They really should come to you about this, but Im starting to have the same issue. Can we share the storyline spotlights? The past three arcs have been about Girl1. Can we all have a talk about this?'
> GM is receptive, things get better
> Girl3 enters game upon GM begging. Things are fun, but game is 9ish people now.
> Girl2/OP and Guy1 ICly hook up.
> Girl2/Op 'breaks up' with NPC boyfriend
> GM messages everyone that the game is over the next day becasue GM doesn't want to do it anymore.

>GM then goes and re-invites everyone to new game but OP and Guy1.
> Op and Guy1 are very upset
> Guy1 and Girl1 make up
> Guy1 gets invited to new game and joins
> Everyone but Girl1/OP is invited
Weeks later
> Girl1/OP is hanging out with Guy1 and Guy2 and start talking how fun the game is.
> Get mad when OP gives them a moment to stop, but then leaves when they keep going.

The GM has cut people from his games before without talking to them. The entire group condemned the practice, but still played after it was done to me. I thought I was over it, but here I am hurting again. Anyone been in a similar situation with long term friends? How did you move on?
>>
>>47343543
>9ish people group

Jesus christ how does that ever work? No wonder people feel out of the spotlight.
>>
>>47343543
find a new group with blackjack and hookers
>>
>>47343772
Fuck this guy. Make a new group for blackjack out of hookers.
>>
>>47343543
You learn that they're not really your friends, just playmates. Look for another group with blackjack and hookers. Or get into another hobby focusing on blackjack and hookers.

Remember while fun, it's only a game and not worth tearing yourself up over inside.
>>
>>47343543
Aww shit. Did some research OP. Turns out blackjack and strippers are a HUGE money dump and its how successful types go bankrupt like what happened to the ant simulator guys.
I'm sorry to kick you while you're down like this but you'll have to choose between blackjack OR strippers. I'm so sorry.
>>
>>47343721
I've run a game for ten people before, and I would rather shove red hot pokers up my dick than repeat that experience.
>>
File: puzzled rubick.png (327 KB, 1000x750) Image search: [Google]
puzzled rubick.png
327 KB, 1000x750
>>47343543
Their assholes, just find a new group. If you will stand up for them but they wont stand up for you, then they are not worth your effort or attention.
If their an online group, which it sounds like, I don't get why you don't just ignore their existence and join someone else's group.
If its IRL just go look for another group, and if you see the old group just ignore them unless you can get up the urge to talk things through with them, still wouldn't recommend playing with them if you make up with 'em but it might help you to just talk to them.
>>
>>47344481

Could blackjack some hookers to make a group.
>>
>>47344481
Better than making a blackjack out of hookers

It's not as easy as you'd think
>>
>>47343543

Something like this happened a long time ago for my group when I was GM. A love triangle turned into a chick befriending her ex's new GF, then turning her against he boyfriend and them breaking up. Nearly tore the group apart, and it was already 8 people so the game was suffering too. So I had to do major amputations. Comparatively easy to pick who was out because at the time both girls were (now single) trying to get my GF to break up with me (she eventually did, and I've heard regretted it ever since).

Now I'm on the receiving end. Due to some life issues I kind of flaked on gaming for the past year or so. I show up, I play pretty well, but my heart wasn't totally into it and it showed. My gaming circle is about ten of us, with several games running of about 5 each and several GMs. Well, every time a new game was going to start, I got "sorry we're full already". When I tried to start a game, I got, "wow that sounds fantastic, but I'm not free that day". Then the last campaign fizzles and suddenly I realize I'm not in ANY games.

Meanwhile, even just hanging out has gotten hard. Big events happen and they forget to invite me. "hey anon lets hang out next week", but then when I'm up for it they blow me off.

>Be me at game store
>With two friends
>Want to get drinks? I ask
>Hm, maybe they reply
>Still hanging around game store talking to players/owners
>I'm talking w/ a player, and then turn back around and they're gone.
>Text them, still up for drinks?
>Nothing
>Two days later, "Oh yeah we had our phones on silent"

I don't totally blame them for cutting me out, but I'd have preferred it if they'd been up front and not passive aggressively waited for me to take the hint.

Best advice: move on. Friends come and go. If they're not meeting your needs or you aren't meeting theirs, it's easier to just make new friends and assemble a new group. And don't tie yourself down to one circle of people; a bad run like that can leave you alone.
>>
>>47343543
Find a new group, one that is reasonably sized.

And come to terms with the fact the old group was assholes.
>>
>>47343543
Why did Girl 2 and Guy 1 hook up if Girl 1 and Guy 1 were already dating?

Also, find a new group. 6+ groups are awful without a Caller.
>>
>>47345188

Yeah, this. Try to be constantly meeting new people and having a wide circle of acquaintances. If one group gets weird, you always have another. And the confidence of having that alternative already running means it's easier to survive a rough patch with a group. You won't be as emotionally invested and won't get sucked into the drama.

>>47344922
>You learn that they're not really your friends, just playmates.

dingdingdingding

"Good guy" can mean any of several things. Fun to hang out with, a friend that you can depend on, etc. THere's always the risk that your friends don't see the friendship the way you do.

When they're people you know aren't emotionally invested in the friendship, then you don't have big expectations for how they treat you. So you aren't hurt when they fail to meet those expectations. OTOH it's very bad for your to underestimate how invested someone is in your friendship. It's a game of trying to figure people out.
>>
>>47345515
Girl1 and Guy1 where dating OOCly, but her character was involved elsewhere ICly. I mean IC/OOC lines right?

Girl2 and Guy1's -characters- became involved. IC only.

Much later I learned from Girl3 that the GM /quit because he was mad girl2 dumped her NPC lover for a PC and it messed with his plot
>>
>>47345791
It can be REALLY hard watching someone flirt with your partner, even if the person flirting with them and the partner are just acting out roles, and all three know there's nothing else behind it. It gets a lot worse if you can't trust one or both of the two who are flirting not to actually mean it. This is the kind of thing you should expect to cause problems.
>>
>>47343721
We're all RP vets, we understand everyone cant have it. But since %80 were centered around one character, we were getting frowny.

>>47345188
Online with some IRL friends in it.

>>47344922
I guess I was just hoping it was a one time goof up. I've known these people for literal years. I cut most of them out of my life, but the two I cant avoid due to work were the assholes who were talking about it in front of me.
>>
>>47345915
>I've known these people for literal years. I cut most of them out of my life, but the two I cant avoid due to work were the assholes who were talking about it in front of me.

That's what I mean about being too emotionally invested. I get that you're hurt, but if you'd had other groups and games and friend circles running, you'd have just shrugged and moved on. And not cared that they were describing their little game in front of you.

You have to ask yourself if they're bringing the game up in front of you because they're trying to hurt you, because they're thoughtless and inconsiderate, or because they don't realize how hurt and pissed off you are to begin with. Each reason merits an entirely different reaction from you.
>>
>>47345884
Them being a poly couple with multiple OOC partners. And our IC relationship lasing for months and nothing had been said? No excuse, honestly. Esp when she was practically fucking her IC boyfriend from day one in the game.

She even fussed at him for assuming their characters would hook up just because they were dating OOCly. So.... yeah, I mean if they had said something OOCly about being uncomfortable, that would have been a quick fix.
>>
File: ur stupid.png (181 KB, 303x311) Image search: [Google]
ur stupid.png
181 KB, 303x311
>>47343543
>letting woman in you game

Tha'ts the first problem,stupid normiecunt, woman can't have hobbies.

>they condem X but did it with me

what the fuck you expected from normies?

>boyfriend

holy shit what kind of shitty settings are those where you date people?
>>
>>47345993
Thoughtless and inconsiderate. I sat both of my work peeps down and we had a serious talk about it. So they KNOW.

"You know what happened and by agreeing to still play despite the nastiness you are condoning the actions. You are telling them that they behavior is okay."

"Well no, we said we didnt like it."

"Actions speak louder than words gents. You have literally told everyone that having fun in a game is more important to you than your friend's feelings and inclusion. Saying nothing for loyalty and the shit we've been through at work. You showed me today which is more important to you. And that's fine. It's your choice. But own it. You and the Big Man in the Sky can talk it out one day, in the meantime dont give me lip service."
>>
Thanks for all of the advice, folks. I appreciate it.
>>
>>47346306
Wow, that sucks OP. I'm sorry to hear that.

>>47346147
Good on you for this btw. Fuck lip service, if they like that guy more than you then fine, whatever. But its shitty to bullshit you about it.
>>
>>47346542
Pretty much. It's amazing how much people chafe when they get called out on their bullshit.
>>
>shitton of girls in the group
>drama ensues

gee, I wonder
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.