[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Gimmick/Funny Pathfinder Builds
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
File: lUojxra.jpg (62 KB, 474x374) Image search: [Google]
lUojxra.jpg
62 KB, 474x374
Need some ideas for a new character
>>
Go away evil dogger.
>>
File: shit evangelion.jpg (617 KB, 1258x1258) Image search: [Google]
shit evangelion.jpg
617 KB, 1258x1258
>>47308360

What materials allowed? Core only? 3pp? Starting level? Point buy?

Also use the general, baka
>>47302552
>>
>>47308360
Turkish Oil Wrestler
>>
>>47308360
Are you looking to have fun or be a POWER FAGGOT
>>
>>47308423
Core and some archetypes, gunslinger and alchemist are banned. Starting level 7
>>47308474
Just fun, GM give rewards for good puns
>>
Be the man of many faces!

Assuming PF's skills function exactly/close to that of 3.5e:

Get both your Disguise and Forgery skills extremely high. No one will know who you are when you look different every time you meet someone!
>>
>>47308652
I'll look into that.
>>
File: turtle.jpg (88 KB, 600x911) Image search: [Google]
turtle.jpg
88 KB, 600x911
>>47308652
>>
>>47308360
human wizard. prioritize strength. make sure to have 13 dex. improved unarmed strike, improved grapple, specialize in transmutation. enlarge person.

classic gimmick build muscle wizard.
>>
File: PlayCapn.jpg (44 KB, 407x510) Image search: [Google]
PlayCapn.jpg
44 KB, 407x510
>>47308360
>>
Trox Tetori Monk.

Make a grapple, burrow ten feet, then free action to let go. Bury them alive.
>>
>>47310401
Its the most easy to use strong build there is
>>
>>47313726
The throw-4-shields-per-round build?
Cool.
>>
Orc Rogue, weapon of choice is greataxe, take a single level dip into monk and buy into Dragon Style feats. Use stunning "fist" as a kick in the nuts and follow up with your greataxe.

It's pretty damn efficient. Especially if you can take Dayrunner because you don't do that shit.

Also, as for lawful, "Rules of nature, strong win, strong make world do what it want, I make world follow rules of nature. I am strong." Lawful doesn't always mean holding up law books and shit.
>>
>>47314189
Oh, and the best use of your rogue talents is to take mobility talents or ninja tricks. That way you have means of getting right next to people so you can kick them in the nuts and then chop away.
>>
>>47308360
Awakened elephant as the race, so you qualify for size-based feats. Use improved grab and the multigrab chain, then get drunken master/hulking hurler and bloodstorm blade in, and you can throw people at people, and have the first people come back to your hand. How awesome is that?
>>
>>47314286
Also this

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=7097263&postcount=38
>>
>>47308360
Multiclass Magus and Brawler.

Cast spells via punching, abuse the fuck out of feats, become Muscle Wizard 2.0

Alternatively, literally just play a Bard focused on attacks of opportunity. Deal 30+ damage to anything in your square before they get the chance to harm you. At level 2.
>>
>>47314501
>Bard

I meant Monk, ffs.
>>
I recently got my DM to allow me to use the Noble Scion Prestige class from Level 1. We just started on level 10. As a human with Call Truce and Silver Tongue I can stop combat and get most opponents to become Indifferent to Helpful.

Play the party face to end all party faces.
>>
>>47314935
Lemme put it this way. With my current build, I have 46 Total Diplomacy bonus. Once a day I can throw an extra +4 on that. Once a round I roll that shit twice and take the better result and last but not least once a day I can say fuggit and just say the roll is a nat20. Basically I can tell someone to shoot themselves in the face and they'd ask me which gun they'd like me to use.
>>
Stack speed bonuses as high as possible and smash into things
You can get something really stupid like 600 miles per hour on a velociraptor last I checked
>>
-Become Summoner
-Acquire biped Eidolon
-Put as many arms evolutions as possible
-Give him Martial Weapon Proficency (Shortswords), Multiweapon Attack and Double Slice
-Once you acquire a satisfing number of arms take the enlarging evolution to make him Enormous
-Say "I have become Death, destroyer of worlds" as you go around slapping stuff with your pet Shiva
>>
>>47318262
Doesn't work until 15th level.
>>
>>47318262
>Enormous
lol, hadn't seen that on the size charts
>>
>>47308360
>A wizard with an oddly focused spellset
>A dudist cleric
>A loose cannon cop paladin
>A very down-to-earth Janitor who literally is just a helpful janitor. Seriously that's it.
>A hillbilly ranger
>>
Build maximum annoyance.
>Animal companion
>Familiar
>Eidolon
>Intelligent item(If your GM lets you)
I'm not sure how many partners you can get without leadership, but it should be funny to have half the party be the Gm's RP responsibility. How high can we go? I actually have no idea.
>>
I've been told it's literally playing the game wrong, but the most fun I've ever had was a little kobold artificer who was very specifically noncombat. Your method of play is to win any fight before it starts, which is done by a combination of the following:
>Always have a (probably-magic) tool to specifically counter the opposition
>Talk the good shit to the right people so that the party always has friends, has few enemies, or isn't thrown into a shit situation
>Be an invisible, sneaky fuck that pops out in the right place at the right time with your Master Plan

Though I never got to finish that airship fortress...
>>
>>47314082
Explanation?
>>
>>47308360
i remember my next pathfinder buils was 'the knowledgemancer' had various tricks to know everything about anything, could get up to 80 on knowledge with the right items. my other idea was a lawful evil assassin who was permanently disguised and joined the party under a false identity and personality.
>>
>>47319976
You can get tumor familiar still I believe, Promethean alchemist gets a helper, instructor wizard gets cohort as a class feature.
>>
>>47308570
Too bad, carnivalist rogue / vivisectionist alchemist with tumor familiar is a really funny.

Oh well.

It works almost as well with Carnivalist/Slayer.

Another cool familiar based build is the Skald/bloodrager/amplified rage stuff.
>>
Kobold Holy Tactician with weapon finess/agile weapons.

Or any other class/archetype that lets them give teamwork feats to their allies.

Shoulder to Shoulder racial trait, allowing sharing a square, and granting +1 ac and reflex to both

Some example teamwork feats for hilarity -
Bonded mind for a squad who collaborates without speaking a single word, or other shenanigans.

Escape route makes it so they can move through squares adjacent to allies without drawing attacks of opportunity

Phalanx Fighter for a bonus to saves and ac equal to each adjacent ally
>>
Mildy edgy but ive always wanted to play somebody absolutely covered in runes that all do different things. Now the edgy part is he would set them off by breaking said runes by cutting them with a dagger. I would probably RP him as a Aztec like warrior. Also hope the DM just lets me be a sorcerer or something and cast spells by doing said edge.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.