[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What actions, situations, personalities, etc... make you honestly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: 1462429643185.png (287 KB, 640x960) Image search: [Google]
1462429643185.png
287 KB, 640x960
What actions, situations, personalities, etc... make you honestly believe that a character is a good person?
>>
Anyone who thinks you use an ellipse after etc. is not a good person.
>>
>>47305570
You bet
>>
He praises others efforts

that's one sign of a good person
>>
>>47305556
Where is the OP's pic from
>>
>>47308843
Valkyrie Profile
>>
>>47305556
Haidt's moral foundations could help guide you in making a character who can be considered a good or moral person.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moral_foundations_theory
>Care: cherishing and protecting others; opposite of harm.
>Fairness or proportionality: rendering justice according to shared rules; opposite of cheating.
>Liberty: the loathing of tyranny; opposite of oppression.
>Loyalty or ingroup: standing with your group, family, nation; opposite of betrayal.
>Authority or respect: obeying tradition and legitimate authority; opposite of subversion.
>Sanctity or purity: abhorrence for disgusting things, foods, actions; opposite of degradation.
>>
>>47305556
Shame Badrach is so hard to use, like the bugger.
>>
>>47309749
Any character who feels strongly about sanctity/purity as a moral value probably isn't a good person.
>>
File: 1459038092660.gif (156 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
1459038092660.gif
156 KB, 500x282
>>47311560
>my post modern acceptance of disgusting behaviour is morally correct and if you disagree you're proboboly a bad person
>>
>>47309856
i know that feel, senpai
>>
>>47311792
>Only post modernists believe something can be gross without being immoral.
>>
>>47305556
Any time somebody runs into danger to save another life regardless of how stupid it is. I mean, even if it's so stupid it's jeopardizing the fate of the world. Because they may be stupid, but there's no way they're completely evil.

(I'm a sucker for cheesy stuff, sue me.)
>>
>>47312057
my nigga
>>
>>47312057
Would we be playing tabletop games if we WEREN'T suckers for cheese? Of both the storytelling and gamebreaking variety?
>>
>>47305556
A deep, real, and enduring love of sex. I know it's silly, but I have a really hard time believing that anyone who really appreciates that can be a bad person.
>>
>>47311995
Why is it bad if I sneeze on you? The chances of you catching something are incredibly slim, but you will view that as an immoral action.
>>
>>47312618
People that sneeze on others are literally worse than Hitler.

This is an unmistakable fact.
>>
>>47311995
I think mushrooms on pizza are gross, does that make mushrooms on pizza immoral?
>>
>>47312693
Yes, because it is awful.
>>
>>47312693
You're conflating "disgusting," "impure," "really gross," and "a little gross." If someone puts mushrooms on your pizza and they know you think that's gross, that's a little immoral. If someone urinated on your pizza, what kind of morality would you attribute to that action?
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.