[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/tg/, I find myself at a quandary. My Aunt has given me £100
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: ChurchoftheGoodThief.jpg (1 MB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
ChurchoftheGoodThief.jpg
1 MB, 1280x1280
/tg/, I find myself at a quandary.

My Aunt has given me £100 to get my younger cousin into a hobby that will get him off the Xbox, and I was thinking of getting him into Warhammer, either through an Age of Sigmar starter set for a 40k one.

Which one is more fun/can be explained within a few days to a 14 year old console addict?
>>
Get him into a tabletop game that doesn't suck instead
>>
>>47266042
>>My Aunt has given me £100 to get my younger cousin into a hobby that will get him off the Xbox
Buy him some martial arts pajamas and sign him up for taekwondo classes.
>>
>>47266042
>forcing another generation into eternal debt and cursing everything GW does
Just get him a Munchkin set or something.
>>
>>47266042
X-wing you fool. 40k is plastic crack
>>
Think about the needs of a 14 year old boy

He needs to learn to socialize
He needs to feel like a man
As an Xbox junkie, he needs to engage more with the real world
He needs exercise

>>47266088
Is the only answer
>>
>>47266088
>>47266104
If you can find a good Judo dojo. Judo tends to be dirt cheap, and it teaches super practical skills like learning how to fall from the shittiest positions and not die.
>>
>>47266128
>He needs to learn to socialize
>He needs to feel like a man
>As an Xbox junkie, he needs to engage more with the real world
>He needs exercise

And you think taekwondo is the best option? Clearly the kid needs a prostitute!
>>
>>47266162
And choking folks to death more effectively.
And Breaking their arms.
And close contact with girls.
>>
>>47266202
If it is good enough for Carnack, it is good enough for you.
>>
>>47266042
>Warhammer 40k

NO!

You should really consider WarmaHordes or Infinity. With that £100 you could easily get a starter set for both yourself and your cousin for either game.

For a 14 year old, Warmahordes might be the best choice. The rules are fairly simple, and the WoW-esque blobby, cartoon proportions and bright colors do appeal to that age group.
>>
>>47266573
I was also thinking Flames of War, or is that a little much?
>>
>>47266042
Get him an RPG. Cheaper. More social.
>>
>>47266042
>and I was thinking of getting him into Warhammer
Why the fuck would you think that?
>>
>>47266104
Agree with this guy. Go with X-Wing. It's cheap, quick, and fun, and you don't have to paint anything.
>>
>>47266104
X-Wing is plastic crack too, m8. Arguably a worse kind of plastic crack, since it's rather simple and also fucking star wars.
>>
>>47266754
A rocket-propelled grenade is only going to make his xbox junkie problems worse, mate.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.