[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I was talking with a rep from games workshop and he mention that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
I was talking with a rep from games workshop and he mention that 3d printing polypropylene was impossible but games workshop is going to be shortly switching to 3d printers.
>>
>>47230744
That's interesting.

And those Sororitas are fabulous.

Can this double as a Sister thread?
>>
>>47230744
>dem SoBs
Asian girls are proof that there is a just and loving god.
>>
>>47230744
The one on the right looks photoshopped in.
The one on the left looks like a dude.
The one in the middle looks tired.
>>
>>47230744
That feeling when no one replys to OP's question, they need to turn the sisters of battle into Asians.
>>
>>47230953

Honestly, I'd kinda like to see SOB with robes patterned off Shinto Robes rather than western ones now. Would be kinda cool.
>>
>>47230744
Here's your sister of battle, Just needs armor that adds to the dress and your set.
>>
>>47230953
But OP didn't ask a question.
>>
>>47230744
>but games workshop is going to be shortly switching to 3d printers.
So, shitty 3d CAD sculpting wasn't enogh for them?
>>
>>47230971
>>47231007
Oh god that is a great idea!

Sister Famulous with Qipaos.
>>
>>47230744
>polypropylene for 3D printing
The Rep is talking out his ass.
polypropylene is currently being used in 3D printing filament.
>>
>>47231007
Cut in the dress to be able to actually move. You can only make tiny steps in that shit.
>>
What kind of printer should I get then with what plastic/resin? Printing low detail models with a little sculpting would be fun
>>
>>47231837
Get a SLA resin printer (And use Makerjuice)

There are always a few on Kickstarter/Indigogo
>>
That's pretty cool. Thanks, dude.
>>
>>47231765
They'd more likely wear a short kimono tucked into a hamaka like actual miko do, and the hamaka could be tucked into the legs of power armor more easilly, if it's worn at all.
>>
>>47232776
You clearly have the superior knowledge between the two of us...
>>
>>47230744
For the record: GW uses polystyrene.
>>
>>47230744
GW has been 3d printing shit for ages you retard.
Some of the Isle of blood minis where made that way (Cad files printed in resin gel hardened by lasers)

They don't 3d print the miniatures they sell, because that's too time consuming and expensive, they 3d print the master minis which the injection molds are based on.
>>
File: China.jpg (810 KB, 1256x1080) Image search: [Google]
China.jpg
810 KB, 1256x1080
>>47230744
>games workshop is going to be shortly switching to 3d printers

No, they're not. That would be stupid and costly - and they hate spending money.
>>
>>47230744
>is going to be shortly switching to 3d printers.

No they're not.
>>
>>47230744
I want to 3D print women who like me.
>>
>>47230849
>right looks photoshopped in
Probably due to the shiny white hair and details on the other two making it look like the're in different light.
>>
>>47231210

It's stupid to blame the tools because you may not like or find fault with an artist's work.
>>
>>47230744
>switching to 3d printers
Nope. 3D printers are good for rapid prototyping and low-volume. Maybe over at GW's model design shop they'll use them to test new designs. But for actual product production a traditional assembly line offers significantly lower cost per unit for any kind of quantity that GW would actually sell.
>>
>>47239269
This. I love me some 3D printing, but it's really not practical in this application. You could use it to print masters for mold making, of course (see: Spartan Games). But I'm betting you could also just CNC a mold directly, which would remove two steps from the whole process.
>>
sob are asian now?
>>
>>47239337
I was going to make one for Dark Heresy that's just Gogo Yubari with a censer
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.