[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My player is interested in becoming cleric of a dead god
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: Melisandre.jpg (133 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Melisandre.jpg
133 KB, 500x500
Title. God in question is a lawful evil god of fire, he's either dead or very close to being dead, barely anyone remembers him, and his only known follower is a five hundred years old and senile kobold.

How do I frame him becoming a cleric and resurrecting the dead religion? I have a few ideas, but I'm interested in yours.
>>
>>47230271
Clerics can be in one deviation from their god, dipshit.
>>
>>47230285
Let me guess, someone pointed out how stupid it is to follow an evil god and that argument is meant to say it's any less stupid to follow an evil god as a "neutral" character.

Damn, alignments are such garbage. Stuff like this is a sterling example why.
>>
>>47229840
So it's a god who's worshipped only by two people?

Sounds to me like it should already be dead mate. Why don't you ask him how he would picture resurrecting a dead god, exactly?
>>
forest fires, burning villages, burning fields of crops, there are lots of ways that your Gods name can "spread" quickly. (Especially if you start the fires) Afterwords, come by and speak the good word to the survivors, that the plague of fire occurs because your God has been angered that he is no longer honored by the people.
>>
>>47229840
Make him a binder.
>>
File: Alignments2.jpg (109 KB, 890x756) Image search: [Google]
Alignments2.jpg
109 KB, 890x756
>>47230285
Why you resurrect a dead god thats a step away from your alignment instead of finding a living god that matches it exactly?
>>
You're talking about someone who's going to quite literally become the equivalent of the Pope if they're successful, The kind of people they'd want to convert are lawmen, lawyers, tyrants, devils, merchants, ect. If they want to succeed in bringing back this god it's going to take a LOT of groundwork, a lot of promises and a lot of favors owed.

>>47232381
Cleric whose burning chains are used to enforce absolute order, even the cruelest laws are enforced.
>>
What crimes have this so called dead religion have ever done to you or anything at all?
>>
>>47229840
Let him preach to the common people. Let him enact schemes or plots to not only teach and preach the faith to others, but to teach them to preach the faith to others.

There is no quicker expansion of followers (or anything really) than exponential expansion.
>>
>>47230441
>Damn, alignments are such garbage.
It's not the alignments that are the problem. It's the autists who handle them with all the nuance and subtlety of a brick to the face.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.