[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Creepiest monsters
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 57
File: Atropal.png (420 KB, 400x648) Image search: [Google]
Atropal.png
420 KB, 400x648
What are the scariest monsters in a D&D system? What are the most disturbing? Which ones give you the chills every time you encounter them?
>>
>>47194416
I dunno OP. You kind of hit the nail on the head with that pic.
>>
The player characters.
>>
File: Maturing Neothelid.png (1 MB, 873x686) Image search: [Google]
Maturing Neothelid.png
1 MB, 873x686
Mindflayers can get pretty creepy.
>>
File: 12198673365762[1].jpg (118 KB, 400x447) Image search: [Google]
12198673365762[1].jpg
118 KB, 400x447
>>47194416
Some of my players thought the atropal was hilarious.

My vote is for howler wasps. Either one of those animals is terrifying enough on its own.
>>
>>47194969
>Some of my players thought the atropal was hilarious.
Your players thought a floating rotten god fetus was hilarious? Holy shit.
>>
>>47195047
When you phrase it like that, it sounds horrifying, but when you just say "giant floating dead baby" it sounds a lot funnier.

Granted, most of my friends have a completely fucked sense of humor.
>>
>>47195047
big floating baby is fucking hilarious
>>
File: Wendigo.png (339 KB, 400x568) Image search: [Google]
Wendigo.png
339 KB, 400x568
>>47194416
These guys can be pretty fucking freaky when you run them right in a low-level campaign. Don't have them fight your party, but just have them stalk a single party member across several sessions. Then everyone else gets to watch that player go insane.
>>
>>47195116
Uncontrollable insanity doesn't sound fun for the player.
>>
>>47195116
For me, the spookiest part of the DnD wendigo was always how it runs until its feet burn away and leave behind charred stumps.
>>
>>47195331
For me it's just that fucking picture. I mean, holy shit. Look at its eyes.
>>
File: gibbering mouther.jpg (9 KB, 278x181) Image search: [Google]
gibbering mouther.jpg
9 KB, 278x181
Gibbering Mouther for me.

Not only is it incredibly disturbing to look at, but it produces terrible noises that can drive you into a fit of fear.

Also if it kills you, it absorbs your body and soul, and traps you in an endless prison of madness until its killed.
>>
>>47195331
That's real wendigo too man. It's what happens when a human turns.

Folk lore had it that you could hear them howling in the sky as their legs burned to cinders.

North American folklore can fuck right off.
>>
File: image.jpg (39 KB, 400x352) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
39 KB, 400x352
Stirges, my DM made the con drain permanent
>>
File: banshee.png (299 KB, 400x555) Image search: [Google]
banshee.png
299 KB, 400x555
>>47194416
Banshees always got to me. Something about a creature that can kill you with it's own pain in the form of a scream creeps me out.

Also, dat ability drain/damage.
>>
>>47195884
Native American's have some scary shit. Don't get me started on skin walkers.
>>
Can someone explain to me what an Atropal is? Looks like some kind of space fetus, the concept is really cool
>>
>>47196243
A god abortion that keeps itself unliving in an undead state through its fledgling godly powers.
>>
>>47196243
http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Atropal
>>
>>47195884
Nah m8. The screaming is from victims. Wendigo drags them across ice sheets and plains so fast they become a big ol miles long smear. If you're close enough to hear Wendigo then you all best pile in one tent, stamp out the fire, and pray.
>>
>>47196256
>>47196279

Damn, that's fucking cool, thanks!
Just got into roleplay recently, I have to discover all this neat stuff
>>
>>47196302
Jesus.
>>
>>47196321
Camping and fishing trips were...fun.
>>
>>47196316
There's an elder evil that is the ayropal, but soooo much worse. Look up Atropus, the World Born Dead.
>>
Wasn't there one about a gelatinous blob made of evil undead unborn baby semen? I've googled it but I fear i'm on some sort of watchlist now or google will start sending me adverts for equine husbandry.
>>
>>47196508
Holy shit, a fucking corrupted fetus planet god thing, this is awesome
>>
>>47196576
Yup. It also kills must of the Divine spellcasters in a very, very large area.
>>
>>47196576
Elder Evils is the best 3.5 book. Ever. It also has a secret tie in book; examplars of evil. I don't really care for 3.5, but I've ported those books more than once. Pandorym is my personal favorite. His mind is an unbelievably powerful psionic beast from the places between the planes, but his body? An indestructible body that's basically a giant orb of annihilation. It's sole goal is to destroy ALL the gods.
>>
>>47196664
In some settings Pandoyrm sounds like he'd be a decent sort.
>>
>>47196669
>Pandorym seeks, above all else, the reunion of its potent mind with its unstoppable form. From those whose minds held up—at least for a time—to the impossible might of its psyche, the terrible weapon has learned of the destruction of its betrayers. It suspects that descendants might yet exist of those who lured and snared it, and once it achieves freedom, Pandorym will seek revenge on those innocents for the crimes of their ancestors. After it slakes its thirst for vengeance, Pandorym intends to complete its end of the bargain it struck millennia ago. Although Pandorym’s summoners didn’t respect that binding covenant, the quasi-living weapon possesses an unremitting sense of honor. It will fulfill its contract by obliterating every deity it finds in this reality. It knows that gods can’t easily die, but it plans to rip them from existence. Once it has finished these tasks, Pandorym will return to its home reality—if it can. If it is prevented from leaving the multiverse, whether through a conscious act or because the rift created to summon it cannot be remade, Pandorym will end the Material Plane, one world at a time.
Nah, not really.
>>
>>47196703
Yeah. Just make sure he can get back to his home dimension and everything is fine.
>>
>>47196727
All the people that knew how to do that... Were killed by the gods, actually. So...
>>
>>47196752
What a bunch of shits. All the more reason why the gods deserve it.
>>
>>47194416
Cordyceps but for orcs
The yellow musk creeper is a hideous plant that grows in haunted graveyards, grisly battlefields, and other places where death hangs heavy in the air and thick in the soil. The yellow musk creeper’s method of procreation is singularly frightful—it slays the living, infests them with its seeds and pollen, then animates them as zombies. These zombies serve the plant as a guardian for several days, but when new zombies are created, older ones wander off into the surrounding wild, collapsing and breaking apart within 2d6 days to give seed to a new yellow musk creeper.
>>
>>47196767
So, how it goes is this. Bunch of hubristic wizards found ways to look at the worlds between dimensions. Gods were like, "oh shit we should stop this." Then the wizards were like, "oh, we just pulled an indestructible god killer from there. Whatchu gon do bout it?" Gods were like, "fuck." Wizards were like, "Aight pandorym, you're too dangerous to keep like this, so we'll separate your body and mind for now, but you'll get to kill the gods, promise." Then the gods smote the shit out of them.
>>
>>47196794

>We did not think our brilliant plan through.
>>
>>47196793
Does it work on half-orcs?
>>
>>47196794
Full fucking retard. How can you be that stupid?

>Guys the gods want to smite us but won't because we have a god-killing weapon.
>So let's fucking cripple it!
>>
>>47196038
Because you don't get more blood? How the fuck does that make sense.

Your GM is a dick.

My votes for the worm that walks. A hive mind of maggots possessed by the soul of a dead wizard, pretending to be people.
>>
>>47196823
I second this. Especially when they "speak" and you can hear the sound of all the worms moving against each other in the back of the thing's voice.
>>
>>47196823
>>47196843
If you're gonna go Worm that Walks, go full Kyus baby.
>>
>>47196823
Huh, didn't post the picture for some reason.
>>
>>47196813
It actually works on all creatures, the old art has a human barbarian infected

http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/monsters/yellowMuskCreeper.html
>>
File: ahuizotl.jpg (45 KB, 400x186) Image search: [Google]
ahuizotl.jpg
45 KB, 400x186
This guy. Imitates the human voice, even down to the individual, while it stalks its prey in the water.

>expedition through the jungle in a forbidding land, waist deep in water. Recurring rains make travel uncomfortable, but the native guide who accompanies you leads on.
>In the distance, through the trees and downpour you think you see a dark shape, dragging something pale and lifeless through the water. Try as you might, you can't catch another glimpse of it, and it is dismissed as a trick the eye. Still, this seems to unnerve the young scribe that accompanies you.
>Night comes, and you camp out in the trees. Some of the foliage takes on ominous shapes in the dark, appearing like corpses hanging from the canopy. There is something out there, you can feel it. Something is stalking you, watching you.
> As the journey continues you begin hear people when they aren't there. People don't recall things that you are certain they said. You suspect you may be going mad, or perhaps it is everyone else. over time, false messages sows confusion, and distrust among the party, mislead and separate them.
>Eventually you are lost and alone, aimlessly running through the jungle, crying out to your companions. They respond with shouts of their own, but every time you isolate the direction of their voice, you hear them call again from somewhere else.
>Finally, by chance you find one of your compatriots, and the two of you stumble upon the body of your guide, face-down in the water. You turn him over and his eyes are bloody sockets, his fingers severed.
>Then from nearby, you hear a horrible scream, followed by cries for help. it sounds just like the voice of the young scribe that accompanied you on your journey. you run to her, rescue but you don't know she is already dead.
>As you lean over her corpse, you realize your companion has fallen silent. You call out to him, and he responds, and you are reassured. But then you feel a warm, moist breath on the back of your neck...
>>
>>47196940
This? Fuck ALL of this.
>>
Somewhat surprised the /d/ monster from Pathfinder hasn't been posted yet.
>>
>>47196987
Which one?
>>
File: drakainia.png (2 MB, 1387x925) Image search: [Google]
drakainia.png
2 MB, 1387x925
>>47196987
Let's fix that.
>>
>>47197004
That is some magical realm bullshit.
>>
>>47197004
>>47197020
At least you know to quit a campaign if this thing comes up.
>>
File: ayymanwhatchudointhere.jpg (38 KB, 585x482) Image search: [Google]
ayymanwhatchudointhere.jpg
38 KB, 585x482
>>47194913
under rated post
>>
>>47197069
By the time you run into this, the campaigns basically over already.
>>
>>47197069
>>47197020
>oh noes, body horrors trigger me
I suppose Alien doesn't bother you at all.
>>
File: Wendigo.jpg (58 KB, 289x266) Image search: [Google]
Wendigo.jpg
58 KB, 289x266
>>47195116
your typical wendigo according to a d&d wiki

very scary >_>
>>
>>47197093
Body horror is supposed to trigger you. That negative reaction is intended.

The problem with the Drakainia is that, one, they made it half cute girl, and two, that it can turn your waifu's baby into one of its own.Those two aspects are the main differences from a Xenomorph, and the reason why it's accused of being someone's fetish.

Though you wouldn't entirely be off base calling the original Xenomorphs Giger's magical realm.
>>
>>47197004
>At will: Dimension Door

Fuck that. You just know it's so you can't kill her and the DM can keep impregnating you.
>>
File: aroused.png (5 KB, 194x205) Image search: [Google]
aroused.png
5 KB, 194x205
>>47197004
Anyone else feel the opposite of repulsed?
>>
>>47197118
No, because the babies kill you and end up uggo.
>>
>>47197125
>10d6
>kill you
>>
>>47197115
>the DM can keep impregnating you.
Is that unusual for D&D?
>>
>>47197132
Look, I don't find giving birth from my chest to be arousing.
>>
>>47197125
Poison Glands and Favoured Spawn don't seem to have any effect on the child's appearance.
>>
>>47197145
Good luck on that die roll then.

Also they're Neutral Evil so you just know she's a complete cunt and won't pay child support.
>>
>>47197004
Nobody's mentioned that this thing is capable of birthing dragons.
>>
>>47197165
Not full-size ones thankfully.
>>
>>47197093
>>47197109
The difference is that Giger was a genius, while the creep who wrote the drakainia wouldn't stand out on deviantart
>>
>>47196823
>>47196843
>>47196867
>>47196884
>The nethermost caverns...are not for the fathoming of eyes that see; for their marvels are strange and terrific. Cursed the ground where dead thoughts live new and oddly bodied, and evil the mind that is held by no head. Wisely did Ibn Schacabao say, that happy is the tomb where no wizard hath lain, and happy the town at night whose wizards are all ashes. For it is of old rumour that the soul of the devil-bought hastes not from his charnel clay, but fats and instructs the very worm that gnaws; till out of corruption horrid life springs, and the dull scavengers of earth wax crafty to vex it and swell monstrous to plague it. Great holes secretly are digged where earth's pores ought to suffice, and things have learnt to walk that ought to crawl.
>>
>>47194416
Quite honestly most of d&d's monsters are pretty fucked up and terrifying once you stop treating them as a stat-block.
Just think about what that monster is, what it's supposed to do and how it would go about doing it and suddenly you get shit like tucker's kobolds.

That being said: both from a player's and a person's perspective i find mindflayers fucking terrifying.
Imagine a predator that is like you, only smarter, stronger, faster and tougher than you. Not only that but he can read your mind, mindrape you even, manipulate you into being a happy slave, and when he is done with you, guess what: you're on the menu.

And in game terms: dude can bypass almost all of your defenses and simply kill your character, all he needs is a couple of grappling rolls wich he is pretty fucking good at.

Not sure if the most terrifying thing in the books, but they are definitely up there.
>>
File: that good.jpg (121 KB, 535x798) Image search: [Google]
that good.jpg
121 KB, 535x798
>>47197135
At epic level that shouldn't even really faze you. Just imagine, maybe she is a loving god of fertility, she takes care of you, protects you, she lavishes all sorts of attention on you, and when she needs to she forcibly face impregnates you.
>>
Atropal WtW That Walks when? that is an Atropal Worm that Walks where the individual worms are Worms that Walk
>>
>>47196940
I like it.
>>
>>47197255
But anon wouldt many wtw together just be a single, bigger wtw? You know -more wtw = more worms = bigger wtw
>>
File: thoughteaterhuge.jpg (310 KB, 500x830) Image search: [Google]
thoughteaterhuge.jpg
310 KB, 500x830
Thought Eaters.

No one in my groups have figured out why entire villages or even sections of kingdoms have fallen silent.

Eats yo Int and is numerous, this mofo will drain what makes you you.
>>
>>47197297
I wish that guy still did articles, but fucking brain cancer man, can't blame him for taking it easy. now.
>>
>>47197287
Think of the individual wtw inside a much larger singular worm, and then pile those worms up together and make wtw out of them.
>>
>>47197240
But she's Neutral Evil.
>>
>>47197329
>NE can't love people
Rude.

It doesn't have to be REAL love, she just wants you to think that.
>>
>>47197004
>remove disease confirmed for abortion option.
>>
>>47194416
Reminder that that thing has a charisma of 30.
>>
File: MM35_PG225.jpg (29 KB, 316x374) Image search: [Google]
MM35_PG225.jpg
29 KB, 316x374
Sends shivers down my spine just thinking about it.
>>
>>47197004
>>47197004
It doesn't really mention what Drakainia tend to do in the world bar the obvious. What could their aims and goals be? What do they normally do? Will they work with others, or just be a more squashy Queen Alien?
>>
>>47197297
Psyduck?
>>
>>47197149
kek

>>47197297
I once had a nightmare about that kind of thing. I've been planning to make an old veteran/retired adventurer NPC who had a chunk of their personality torn out by a thought eater-type monster.

>>47197464
whoa now, that's givin me the spooks buddy
>>
File: Part of the plot!.jpg (114 KB, 221x511) Image search: [Google]
Part of the plot!.jpg
114 KB, 221x511
>>47197240
Is that part of the plot?
>>
>>47194416
There's a pathfinder monster that looks like some shell with an eye inside it, surrounded by smoking tendrils. A single touch from a tendril instantly deletes you from reality.

I cannot for the life of me remember what that fucker was called.

Also, bonus award to the Ice and Shadow Wights from Dragonlance 5th age. They turn into a dead you, grab you and instantly erase you from all memory. Writing and pictures will still exist of you, but people will dismiss them as fictional and actors and shit. Even your own family will forget you ever were.
>>
>>47197004
>10d6 for having a chestburster explode out of your torso
Oh come on. You can survive getting your entrails getting chewed out by an aberration if you have enough levels and CON and while you are at it you can keep on fighting. Fuck HP.
>>
Gadacro from Monster Manual V. These little bastards are, if you read the text, appearance wise like purple skinned cherubs with bat like wings who wear a necklace of eyes around their necks. And they steal eyes in combat. Literally, they forego their sneak attack damage and instead rip your fucking eyes out of their sockets (for a number of rounds for some reason and not permanently, but still). all the while cackling as demons oft do.
>>
File: wendigo.jpg (13 KB, 200x389) Image search: [Google]
wendigo.jpg
13 KB, 200x389
>>47196302
That ain't folklore wendigo mate. That's some /x/-tier wendigo.

Wendigo are corpus spirits of famine and madness. They feed off of dispair and depravity

You almost never directly encounter wendigo, you are just affected by their presence. Weather goes unseasonably bad and nightmares set in. Over time this drives people to a form of madness called wendigo psychosis that causes cannibalistic behaviour despite no immediate need for food. If you give into the urge to feed on others that's when you begin to turn.

Long enough time goes by with you eating people you become a wendigo yourself. The madness takes hold and you howling into the dark, running faster and faster until the muscles give out. Your legs literally burn to charred stumps as you body twists into an emaciated, monstrous form and you take off into the air.
...and this is why even in times of desperation natives would rather starve than resort to cannibalism.
>>
>>47197726
I'm just going by what my tribes lore and my medicine man uncle tells me about them. I could be wrong though.
>>
>>47197004
I remember reading about these and thinking they were retardarded. Why not just run an alien queen?

Also, pathfinder is scum.
>>
>>47197767
What tribe are you? I'm native myself though of mixed blood from Lenape and other Iroquois people.
>>
>>47197767
The cannibalism bit, burnt stubs, and method of transformation however are also present in my tribes lore though people that escape a wendigo after being touched by one are also susceptible.
>>
>>47197798
I should also add Dutch.
>>
>>47197798
Amskapi. Our lore is kinda fucked from what i've gathered due to the boarding school raids so stories are often borrowed or distorted. But you gotta make due with what you got.
>>
>>47197799
Yeah the touch thing I forgot about but such encounters are rare (like once a generation) even in the depths of winter.
>>
>>47197815
Also part salish but i've never had reason to visit or even acknowledge them.
>>
>>47197815
Yeah it's kind of a bummer that the variety of lore and tradition from so many peoples has slowly rolled together into one big ball of "Ingun stories".

On the other hand it's fun having people come to me about skinwalkers despite that being a Navajo thing like the Chindi.
>>
>>47197838
>>47197815
Can you guys give me some choice monsters or concepts from your folklore? You don't have to do detail, I could look up names and do the research.

Running a Witcher like monster hunting campaign and I'm always looking for ideas.
>>
>>47197838
Another issue i've found is the books people write seem to conglomerate things as a whole narrative rather than as individual stories from individual tribes. I've found 5 books so far that have stories on the Little Men and rather than have a small paragraph for each tribe (8 that i know of from up in the northwest territories down into mexico) they just have a big 3 page story that takes the best bits from each one until you have this outlandish story that is only interesting in that its a crazy fucked up story and say its that way for all tribes.
>>
>>47197912
It's basically the same thing as slamming all the different versions of trolls/elves/goblins/whatever from all over Europe and slamming them together.
>>
>>47197884
I tend to take a personal stance against that because it leads to
>>47197939
And /x/tier type misinterpretations like their idea of skinwalkers.
Most that are actively hostile are unbeatably so as well which makes for poor gameplay.
>>
>>47197464
Fucking trigger warning next time
>>
File: paelirion.jpg (37 KB, 350x242) Image search: [Google]
paelirion.jpg
37 KB, 350x242
Fucking paelirions, man. These things give me the heebie-jeebies.

Pelor above, why do these things need lipstick!?
>>
>>47198119
>Pelor above, why do these things need lipstick!?
>These things give me the heebie-jeebies.
Question answered.
>>
Bodak. Transforms you into another of its kind after killing you.
>>
File: ekolid.jpg (99 KB, 400x511) Image search: [Google]
ekolid.jpg
99 KB, 400x511
Ekolids.

Thank fuck the Obyriths are going extinct.
>>
>>47198119
>why do these things need lipstick!?
Why, the better to kiss you with anon.
>>
>>47196867
>Kyuss
>being scary, dangerous, or threatening in any way
>ever
Kyuss is perhaps the shittiest, least threatening vilain in all of DnD cannon. I say perhaps because he may be less of a disapointment than Iuz (although more likely their tied for worst villain)
Seriously, Kyuss is we-wuz tier levels of shit.
>>
>>47198224
>Kyuss is we-wuz tier levels of shit.
WE WUZ WERMZ N SHEET!
>>
>>47198311
>"HOL UP"
>decomposes
>"SO YOU BE SAYIN"
>writhes slightly
>"WE WUZ HERALDS TO THE AGE-O-WORMS AN' SHEIT"
>dies to PCs
This is literally the canon history of Kyuss
>>
>>47198359
Hue. Which entity is the most BUILD WALL of them, I think its the thing that spawned the Obyrith.
>>
File: QUALITY DND 4.png (133 KB, 1181x1617) Image search: [Google]
QUALITY DND 4.png
133 KB, 1181x1617
>>47197105
>D&D wiki

Ah yes.
>>
>>47198379
That's actually a tough one. I'd have to go for the Slaadi Lords
>"we're gonna build a Spawning Stone, and we're gonna make the frog-people pay for it"
>>
Anything from the Far Realms.
>>
>>47198437
Thank you for the image of Trump as a Gigantic pure white Slaad, it made me chuckle,
>>
>>47197255
That's right up there with the complete skeleton made out of 216 demiliches.
>>
File: 1460911491708.jpg (74 KB, 342x427) Image search: [Google]
1460911491708.jpg
74 KB, 342x427
>>47197203
my fuckin nigga

yeah my vote is also on the worm that walks

question or you if you read the festival: isn't he a descendant of whatever is behind the mask?
>>
>>47198461
>you go up one layer and find yourself in an miles tall eldritch entities birth canal
>you go back down one layer and its now full of millions of gibbering mouths
Its hell everyway you cut it and it keeps getting worse.
>>
>>47198396
>See "elf" and "-4 dex"
>lolwut
>read the rest of it
>Holy fucking shit that's hilarious
>>
File: vulgus 4.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1456) Image search: [Google]
vulgus 4.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1456
>>47194416
There was a creature template called Vulgus on an italian splatbook for 3.5.
It was an unspecified creature that ate other creatures, digested them in minutes, regurgitated some black ooze and then this ooze slowly reformed the eaten creature. Except that was no creature but the vulgus itself. And the splat described it, it was 'a mind with multiple bodies'.

The template could be applied to any living creature, and to any digested creature was applied the Vulgus template.
The creature was now not a creature of its kind, but an aberration.

The big deal was that every creature with the vulgus template is supposed to be a physical part of the same creature. It's not a hivemind, because the creature itself has only one instance of every mental stat, applied to every creature, that grows in proportion with the number of bodies.
The more creatures it assimilates, the more its collective int/wis/cha grows, to unbelievable proportions (pic related), and every special quality (like spellcasting in a caster, or rage in a barbarian, or manifesting powers in a psionic) is acquired and added to the collective knowledge of this eldritch horror.
You'd think that, once killed the spellcasting body, the Vulgus loses such abilities.
Think again. You just killed one appendage, but the mind remembers everything. His newly spawned troll body could cast like the best archmage with no effort.
>>
>>47198741
literally what
>>
>>47198741
Since it's not a hivemind but a single mind with multiple bodies, none of which is considered the 'original' or 'main' body, it's unkillable unless you find every little shit of a vulgus body and burn the fucker to ashes. Not even a fly must be left if one wants to eliminate the threat.

Controlling all bodies at once takes a toll on the creature, however, which can make full use of only a fraction of its bodies at a time, while the others move and act more slowly, in fact as if staggered, or like zombies. It's like relaxed and contracted muscles behave.

When my players met the vulgus, it had assimilated a village in the woods. They didn't notice much because the vulgus kept using only the bodies that were in sight of the players, and put up a great facade. Only after the first night's homicidal attempts, some investigations they agreed that something was horribly wrong in the whole town. The vulgus lied, even pretended to conspire against itself and execute some of its physically weakest members to keep the truth hidden.
I even left around a diary form the creator of the vulgus, detailing the experiments ad the slow growth of the number of missing specimens, with the final notes written by the vulgus itself to mark the events of it taking over the city.
After they finally discovered the truth from a survivor, they decided to burn the whole town to the ground.

Needless to say, they didn't cast detect evil on the ruins, or they would have noticed this overwhelming evil aura in the shape of a mosquito.
The bastard followed them until they fought a Worm That Walks. The spellcaster was going to replenish itself by assimilating some insects in a moment of rest, but the moment the mosquito was enveloped, it started eating the swarm from the inside. Now it had a fuckton of small bodies in a swarm capable of digesting everything in seconds.
They still haven't managed to kill the fucking thing.

I blame Carpenter and my own phobias for this, but i'm not sorry.
>>
>>47198741
Well, it surely does have quite a bit of bonuses to checks.
>>
>>47198741
Looks like they made it specifically to be some huge OP chain of encounters.
From actual creature/monster perspective, makes no fucking sense.
>>
>>47198741
>>47198835
So it's literally The Thing: D&D 3.5 Edition
>>
>>47198899
Perhaps eventually, a Bretheren Moon
>>
>>47199025
I was considering the last act of the campaign to be something along those lines. The heart of the moon, something like >>47197004, but with less magical realm and more worms.
>>
>>47199025
My god man, what are you suggesting? Vulgus, the Godeater Moon
>>
>>47195358
So a shoggoth from Call of Cthulhu?
>>
>>47199124
When your Commune spell just says "Run."
>>
>>47195358
Shoggoth is a gibbering mouther on steroids.
>>
File: femcuck.jpg (97 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
femcuck.jpg
97 KB, 400x400
>>47198119
>>
>>47199232
When it want's to consume a world it simply gates one of its units onto the world in question and waits. Also it's a mass of the Vulgus so vast it has its own gravitational pull. Anything that comes itno contact with it is subsumed by Vulgus Bacteria and converted.

It;s baiscally Hellstar Remina with the serial numbers filed off.
>>
File: image.jpg (54 KB, 590x332) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54 KB, 590x332
>>47199291
>>
>>47197414
But anon pregnancy is just a parasitic infection.
>>
>>47198551
It all could have been just a dream, or the thing was merely mimicking someone he knew.
>>
>>47199468
IRON HEARTO SURGEU!
>>
>>47196820
While still fairly retarded, do remember Pandorym was bound to kill the gods. Separating it like that was the only way of stopping it immediately destroying them. Indeed if it gets remade, the first thing it does is try and kill the gods, leaving the material plane alone if it can get away.
>>
>>47196703
Ay, don't worry about it Brudda. These filthy al bhed gods will finally get what was coming.

DOES ANYONE WANT TO TALK ABOUT FINAL SOLUTION?

Bleetzboll
>>
>>47198396
These things are like 5:1 breast mass to body mass by the time they hit venerable. And as horrible as breast expansion is, the thing that got me most was:
>Profession Taylor
>>
File: guess who.jpg (32 KB, 720x576) Image search: [Google]
guess who.jpg
32 KB, 720x576
>What are the scariest monsters in a D&D system? What are the most disturbing? Which ones give you the chills every time you encounter them?
>>
>>47199875
Molesting fog clouds terrify me too, anon. Can't hide from them in anything less than an air tight container and they can get into places on your body normal molesters could only dream of.
>>
>>47199926
How did you uncover my secret fetish?!
>>
>>47199937
I can read peoples fetishes death note shinigami eyes style, cost me half my lifespan too. Its my curse that turned out to be a gift.
It helped me get into my current position of being a hirer for all Fortune 500 companies as they use the compiled fetish data to determine sociopathic tendencies for future CEO's and submission fetishers for proper low-tier employee's.
>>
>>47199971
What fetishes would be considered to indicate sociopathy? I need to know for a friend.
>>
File: QUALITY DND 14.png (45 KB, 1183x642) Image search: [Google]
QUALITY DND 14.png
45 KB, 1183x642
>>47198734
>>47199626
Unfortunately the no-fun staff at DanDwiki "fixed" the entry and made them just another generic Elf subrace.
>>
Devourers and other soul eating monsters always freak me out, especially in your standard D&D world with an objective soul and afterlife.
>>
>>47200055
Oh god, a ripoff from a crappy light novel.
>>
>>47198171
What the fuck even is that
>>
>>47196302
>stamp out the fire
Hm, iirc according to folklore the best way to try and kill a wendigo is to melt the ice sorrounding its heart. So stomping out the fire would be a bad advice. Fore is your only weapon. One could say its an advice a wendigo could give...
>>
>>47200006
Hand holding and consensual missionary sex rank among the top indicators by far but guro and rape are close competitors. Less common but nonetheless telling is tiles, petrification, objectification, and reverse rape depending on the genders.
>>
>>47200224
An Obyrith, one of the...things that ruled the Abyss before the Demons kicked them out, now they want back in on the Abyss...this is a bad thing.
>>
>>47200228
Shit, I was found! Abort! Abort!
>>
>>47200214
Come to think of it, what happens if your soul is devoured in those settings? And does that mean it's possible to devour all souls in a setting that uses reincarnation?
>>
>>47200228
No idea like i said tribal lore is incomplete. Apparently the best idea is to get together for safety and to stomp out the fire so the light doesn't call it down on you. Touching it would be a bad idea as that is apparently a way it can transfer influence.
>>
>>47200242
What about floor tiles?
>>
> killing the wendigo only releases its spirit to possess another, they only begin showing signs weeks later
>>
>>47195047
Wouldn't you?

It's just a silly idea in general.
>>
>>47198551
I'm pretty sure he was related to the wizard that the WtW ate to become a WtW
>>
>>47201098
Tiles of all kinda anon. Wall, floor, etc.
>>
>>47201867
But Thanatos anything is a nono, anon! WAAAAAHH!!!
>>
>>47201098
You ever see the Doctor who episode where the girl is preserved as a tile, so its basically just her face on a tile? Thats the fetish. A tile that you can fuck whenever you want.
>>
>>47201098
ask /v/
>>
>>47204005
At that point why not just a sentient fleshlight, autoblow, or one of those giant 60lb asses? Y'know something actually interesting.
>>
File: Chichimec.jpg (334 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
Chichimec.jpg
334 KB, 400x600
No love for me?
Imagine walking on your way, and stopping to look over your shoulder and then BAM! It's me!
>>
>>47205212
All I'm seeing is some sort of wild bird orgy, as far as I can tell.
>>
>>47205414
He's one of those retarded "all angels should be eldritch monsters" fan boys.
>>
>>47205801
>People always forget the Angel and Archangel choirs
>>
>>47205908
The issue is 99% of angels and depicted angels are vastly humanoid but you get shit like the burning chariot and the seven headed chimera and suddenly every angel ever has to be some sort of monstrosity. Its only gotten worse since they actually figured out what fucking Aevum is and now they feel doubly assured on making almost surrealist abstract art and labeling it an angel.
>>
>>47205970
They keep forgetting that only angels and archangels are assigned to interacting with humans. Everything else mostly hangs around in heaven with god.
>>
>>47206006
That because everything else exists in the state of Aevum unlike angels and archangels which is why they're lower on the hierarchy.
>>
>>47198741
>It was an unspecified creature that ate other creatures, digested them in minutes, regurgitated some black ooze and then this ooze slowly reformed the eaten creature. Except that was no creature but the vulgus itself. And the splat described it, it was 'a mind with multiple bodies'.

this looks like that spongebob monster that dont like mayonese
>>
>>47206032
I think I'm agreeing with you but you keep acting like I'm not.
>>
>>47206055
Its one of the few things that actively pisses me off for no reason. I'm not even religious.
Seething rage has blinded me, anon.
>>
>>47205801
>>47205970

You say that as if naked winged androgynes were a better option to depict them

Also Xiximecs are not even angels you fucknuts, they are based on the myth of the birth of Huitzilopochtli
>>
Anyone have the copypasta about the Drow cities filled with screaming human souls being used as lamps and stuff?
>>
>>47198741
I need a translated statblock for this thing
>>
>>47204962
Quit trying to inject reason into fetishes.
>>
>>47196940
>>47196957

Comes from Aztec mythology. Got to love it.
>>
>>47197219

And the best part? They're monsters from the future who've come back in time to ensure that their empire will exist, forever.
>>
>>47197004
>>47197020
>>47197109

Isn't she basically the same as Zuggt'Moy though?
>>
>>47207597

Also, Ragnorra
>>
>>47199507

I read that as "in utero surge!".
>>
>>47198517
>white
>not orange
goddammit jim, you had one job!
>>
>>47207440
Better part? They're humans and we're on their list of things to extinct with prejudice so they might not know that fact or they might be the reason we turn into them and have to escape back into the past.
>>
>>47197464
whoa friend, you're doin me a frighten
>>
>>47207756

More fun: They reproduce by putting their larval young inside your ear, where it burrows into your brain and slowly consumes it. Then, when it fills the cranial cavity, it interfaces with your nervous and endocrine systems and metamorphoses your body into the body of a mind flayer.
>>
>>47207828
exactly, wich is why i brought them up in the first place.

illithids are fucking terrifying
>>
>>47207756
How the fuck do humans turn into octopus larva?
>>
>>47207756
isnt time travelling fun? so, what do you think is the case here? grandfather paradox or multiple timestreams?
>>
File: mind flayer with a lightsaber!.jpg (80 KB, 600x750) Image search: [Google]
mind flayer with a lightsaber!.jpg
80 KB, 600x750
>>47207884

They don't. They turn into pic related via ceremorphosis described >>47207828.

(Also, Githyanki and Githzerai are offshoots of the human species from the future intent on following and eradicating the mind flayers in the past)
>>
>>47207959
Then where did the larva originate?
>>
>>47207884

Ah. Okay. You meant how did the human species become octopus larva that infects and takes over other humans.

Psionics probably. Psions, like wizards, have no sense of right and wrong.
>>
>>47208005
Aren't the illithids the future descendants of the Aboleths come back to the past to prevent their hunters, the Gith, from becoming powerful in the future? I though that's why Aboleths hate the Illithids so much, because they seemingly came from nowhere fully formed as an empire, and their damningly familiar.
>>
>>47208003
They spontaneously generate in time loops, like maggots in rotten meat.
>>
>>47208003
We don't know. Possibly from the mindflayers that popped into our past.
Imagine you got given a momento by a random stranger that you somehow held onto until age 50 when you time traveled back into the past where you hand your youngerself that memento. Where the hell did the memento come from??
>>
>>47208186
No they hate them because aboleths hate everything sentient as they WERE the first until ilithids showed up on their doorstep with the same damn powers, a bigger empire fully formed on arrival, and the fact that aboleths remember everything since memories go from parent to child and in none of those memories were ilithids present until just one day they existed fully formed and powerful.
>>
>>47208335
So they basically hate Illithids because they have no fucking clue where they came from?
>>
>>47208335

On a similar note, do aboleths supposedly know where humans came from?, as far as I know humans in D&D do not have a documented origin either (unless you consider the Zarus story canon that only makes it weirder), which is kinda curious considering there are theories that say Illithids are actually just far future humans
>>
>>47209388
That and because they can go toe to toe via societies and psionic abilities and the ability of ilithids to turn anything, even aboleths, into more ilithid or ilithid types
>>
>>47209851
I think it varies by setting, doesn't it? I think in Forgotten Realms humans are born from the elf god's and the orc god's blood mingling during their battle.
>>
>>47209851
Its pretty concrete now that ilithids are far future humans. Humans i can't recall off the top of my head but it is mentioned ilithids are the only race aboleths can't account for.
>>
>>47197464
MODS
>>
These guys were introduced in Pathfinder's Occult Bestiary, and they're devils who make deals with people who want to forget painful memories. Maybe not the scariest in concept, but one of these was manipulating a dwarven police chief into continually remembering how he watched his father beat his mother to death in a drunken rage and making a new deal to forgot every time, until he'd worked him into a corner and allowed a crime syndicate he didn't even know existed to operate under his nose. The DM's genuinely horrifying performance as the mentally collapsing police chief, the horror that his soul was so far damned by his deals that even the paladin couldn't help him, and the fact that the devil had made us forget several encounters with him was what made it work.
>>
File: Mnemor_devil.jpg (26 KB, 250x712) Image search: [Google]
Mnemor_devil.jpg
26 KB, 250x712
>>47210162
Woops, forgot pic
>>
>>47209899

That's the origin of elves, humans already existed by the time Corellon and Gruumsh started to bitchslap each other
>>
File: XaBOURr[1].jpg (174 KB, 712x1000) Image search: [Google]
XaBOURr[1].jpg
174 KB, 712x1000
Kelpie freak me out.

>>http://imgur.com/gallery/j32bm
>>
>>47198551

Assuming it wasn't a dream or hallucination from crashing into a ditch in the dead of winter.

It's assumed that the narrator's "Forefathers" were cultist who basically all became worms that walk and he was about to be on his way to being inducted into the family business before seeing the shit for what it truely was and deciding that taking the dive into the oilly river was a better fate then becoming one of them or seeing where the bat steeds would take them after the masks on one of the ancestors fell off
>>
>>47197115
What is dimensional anchor?
>>
>>47211297
Its skill lets it use that door to teleport in an instant to one of its spawns. It doesn't even need to know the spawns there. It then burst from inside the spawn.
Its basically just there so the dm can just keep retreating from the party forever.
>>
>>47198741

Talking about Italian Splatbooks, I found again the good old Nephandum, man, and the Visceranea. God, the Visceranea. I'm not even arachnophobic, but let's face it, a giant spider with scissors for legs who makes web from its victim's entrails is fucking scary.
>>
>>47213148
>edward scissorhands disease is spreading.
>>
>>47204005
Elton! Get a Spade!
>>
>>47194416
In terms of existential, 'I have no mouth and I can't scream'. Probably the larvae for the fiends and how souls turn into them. Horrifying stuff. Especially the Pandaemonium larvae.
>>
>>47194969
>wasps with mammalian heads and mouths

Why...
>>
>>47213574
A wizard did it.
>>
>>47213574
They're what happens when a wizard likes howler monkeys AND wasps way to much but only has room for one.
>>
Nyarlathotep!

Know that the universe is a cold and uncaring place, but for some reason the least of among the great powers of old delights in tormenting lesser races for his own amusement.
>>
File: Shub-Niggurath.jpg (74 KB, 400x550) Image search: [Google]
Shub-Niggurath.jpg
74 KB, 400x550
>>
>>47214280
>the least
>literally embodies the concepts of entropy, death, mystery, the unknowable, schemes, living, sentience beyond our understanding, and the idea that sack tapping random strangers is a fun idea
>is literally the only guy who was capable of making not one, not two, but infinite amounts of plans to keep the universe running by keeping the big sleeper asleep using the smallest and shittest of cosmic pawns(humans)
>literally the only cosmic entity that had an apparently ironclad plan to survive the universe shutting down when the sleeper awakens
>so fucking numerous and crazy that he makes up half the damn pantheon we know by simply wearing different masks and method acting so fucking beastly sometimes even he doesn't know who's who and why they're fucking up his big plans
>pretty much the reason we as a species exist and will cease to exist
Riiiiight.
I bet you think Cthulu is anything more than just as insignificant as we are.
>>
>>47214434
Nyarlathotep is responsible for the Shoggoth rebellion and/or the global cooling that killed off the... I can never remember the starfish's name, but anyway, killing them off and freezing the main Shoggoth bodies (thus allowing the tiny bits of shed Shoggoth to evolve into earth life)?

Or do you mean he's responsible for sending Cthulhu to Earth, where he forged humans from the native life to be his slaves?
>>
>>47214434
>literally embodies the concepts of entropy, death, mystery, the unknowable, schemes, living, sentience beyond our understanding, and the idea that sack tapping random strangers is a fun idea

All of this is Azathoth's domain. Nyarlathotep is merely his messenger..

>the rest of your post

It's almost like something that is on the lowest rung in the mythos's divinity scale is still entirely beyond our means to ever defy and capable of fucking up the entire cosmos on a whim or something, you autist.

I don't know what triggered you, but I think your rant is just a misunderstanding.
>>
>>47214803
Nyarlathotep IS azathoth. Its like the holy trinity where people think of jesus as seperate and merely a mortal messenger where he in fact he IS god. Just a technically seperate part. >>47214759
He's literally responsible for all of that. The only reason he even talks to us is because we're occasionally entertaining and because we're like hobbits in that we just go unnoticed and can therefore throw wrenches in other peoples shit. Hell he fucks with us just for laughs. He arguably made a party so grotesque and unimaginable just to mindrape a guy he personally lured to the spot again through crazy schemes just so the guy can go crazy and he can point and laugh.
>>
>>47195358
Saw a neat post about Mouthers awhile ago. Imma repost it.

Gibbering Mouthers need good setup if you'd want them to be scary and not silly as fuck as they tend to be.

Just imagine the group walking into some filthy dungeon with barely any light, and everything has been mundane so far but sickly and shaking, nervous and distracted even when gutted with a sword. Then they wander into what looks like a bathroom, absolutely COVERED in black mold and other sort of dangerous and unclean growths. Party notices and looks inside of a huge tub, they don't have much strong light, but it's enough to reveal it's just full of meat. Rotten, slightly bubbly, glossy sickly meat, and it's covered in eyes and mouths. Dozens of them.

And the mouths talk. Quietly. Maybe one keeps repeating the word 'Help' over and over. Another hums nervously. Two more keep mumbling something about nervously denying responsibility for some unexplained crime. Three more keep making little cooing noises of contentment, like they know something nobody else does. One more keeps calmly demanding 'Come over here'. All while eyes stare, all sorts of eyes, kids eyes, old eyes, wide eyes, bloodshot eyes, crying eyes, filthy yellow-crusted eyes, some of them staring, others rolling, most just flicking around in a way that implies panic, as if seeing something that's moving around the room out of sight.

Then it begins to slough out of the tub, slowly. Like rotten bubblegum or rancid cheese, pouring down the sides. Just stretching and breaking apart as it heaves out fat thick waves of flesh, and most of the mouths start breathing very heavily, choking on air and spit, as those nervous, or excited, or terrified.
>>
>>47215130
*clapping*
>>
>>47215130
Thats when you just put some fire on that tub. Why even hesitate to let it ooze out?
>>
>>47207238
Original vulgus poster, I'll do my best.

Vulgus (template)
The vulgus is, unexplicably, a single creature with multiple bodies. If a member of the vulgus devours a creature, that creature regenerates as a vulgus member themselves. The vulgus has no central intelligence or a leader or a 'head' and cannot be killed until every body it owns is destroyed. Vulgus members are of any species, from mice to dragons, and a vulgus can have any number of members. Their bodies look like average creatures of they original type, but their minds and their anatomy are deeply twisted, and when wounded they spill a repulsing black ooze. If the vulgus tries to appear normal, observers can roll a sense motive check against his bluff roll to notice its twisted nature. Vulgus members maintain the same physical ability scores that they had before being assimilated. A fighter has the same Strength score he had before, as well as the same fighting abilities and feats, a rogue has the same skills and special qualities, and a sorcerer his own spells. However, the vulgus shares all the experiences accumulated by the members.
>>
>>47215548
The vulgus has problems in multitasking when faced with multiple complex actions, like conversations, spellcasting, performances or any other action that requires the use of skills, feats, class privileges and special abilities. Only a limited number of vulgus members equal to its Intelligence bonus can take part in these action every round. That means that a intelligence 16 vulgus can use all its abilities with only three of its members. Combat isn't considered a complex action, however, which means all vulgus members can take part by attacking with weapons, both manufactured and natural, like zombies. A vulgus can maintain multiple combat situations in different places at the same time. It is aware of everything every body sees and feels, so every body is aware of weaknesses discovered by other bodies. When an active member is killed in action, another immediately activates and can act with all proficiencies and abilities of the vulgus.
>>
>>47215556
How to create a vulgus member
The 'vulgus member' is a template that can be applied to any living creature, hereby called base creature. the vulgus member has all of the base creature's ability scores and special abilities, except for all written here.
Size and type: changes to aberration. size isn't influenced. hit dice, BAB, skill points aren't recalculated, and maintained like the base creature.
Special attacks: a vulgus member has all of the base creature's special attacks and gains the ones below.
Assimilation (sup): when a vulgus member kills a non-vulgus creature or finds a fresh body, it devours its flesh (an action requiring usually 10 minutes for the average medium creature). Two or more members can share the meal. After one hour, the vulgus members that devoured the flesh regurgitate a black ooze, that reshapes itself as a copy of the dead creature, now a vulgus member. In this way the vulgus can start as a very small creature like a mouse or a worm and eventually control an entire village in about a week.
Spell-like Abilities: 2/day block person, charm person, daze, detect thoughts, stinking cloud, hypnosis, fear, silence, sleep, suggestion. The caster level is equal to the vulgus' charisma score. These abilities can be used by any member, but overall only twice per day by the entire Vulgus.
>>
>>47215570
Special abilities: a vulgus member has all of the base creature's special abilities, gains darkvision 60 ft and mental tenacity
Mental tenacity: a vulgus member gains a +12 racial bonus against mind-affecting effects.
Saves: fortitude and reflex stay the same, the new will saves are detailed in the table (wisdom bonus included).
Ability scores: Str, dex and con stay the same, the other stats are determined by the current number of members in the vulgus. As for the table, Bodies - Int/Wis - Int/Wis bonus - Cha - Will Save
Skills: a vulgus member gains a +6 racial bonus to bluff and disguise, +3 to concentration, diplomacy, gather information, sense motive. all the others are the same.
Feats: like the base creature, but adds Alertness and Endurance.
CR: like the base creature +1
Advancement: there is no possible advancement after assimilation. The vulgus advances only through assimilation of more creatures.
>>
>>47198224
It is a good band though.
>>
>>47215599
So what happens when two seperate vulguses meet?
>>
>>47215719
Vulgusception
BWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
>>47215857
Are you sure you're in the right thread?
>>
>>47215719
Nothing good, i guess. Probably a war for assimilation. You have to assimilate the enemy's bodies TO THE LAST ONE.

It's probably something like a full out war for total genocide, even worse than what beholders do to each other. Considering vulguses have incredible mind stats, they might agree on a pacific assimilation of one another for the sake of saving time and resources, but it would seem like a sad solution for the one assimilated, akin to suicide. When you are assimilated, you are absolutely lost. Forever.
Wait.
How would resurrection work on a Vulgus? I'm worried.
>>
>>47215923
I was wondering, how could a vulgus assimilation for PCs if someone wanted to pull a The Thing game? As a one-shot I could see DM making private notes saying who's already assimilated so not even the player knows, but what about a longer campaign? Would that just require good roleplaying on behalf of everyone so they don't metagame?
>>
File: image.jpg (366 KB, 1400x900) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
366 KB, 1400x900
>>47215923
...this just raises more questions. Is Vulgus a possible STI? What about unborn babies? Can it become smart enough to know how many licks to the center of a tootsie pop? Does this look infected? The condom broke last night and i'm worried....
>>
Not exactly creepy but:

My DM made this mutant called 'Oaken smile' in a pesudo-post apocalyptic setting.

Oaken smile was a humanoid mutant made out of rotten wooden. It was eager to meet human survivors out of curiosity. Normally, It would approach a fireplace in the middle of the night and sit next to human survivors. Killing it is not an advisable option since it will infect everyone with the mutagen inside it.

We had to have a chit chat with the Oak. The mutant would laugh, cry , smile and frown to our tales. When it had its share of tales. It would bugger off. Sometimes, it would leave some presents for us.

Fuck now i miss my DM. She was bretty gud.
>>
>>47216210
Odd i had a DM with a similar npc but in a 5e game. she called It Groody. Exact same shtick though she apparently got the idea about it from that movie Splinter except the monster somehow turned not only sentient but also nice with Wall-E amounts of curiosity.
Blond and in minneapolis?
>>
>>47216280
nah, probably some coincidence
>>
>>47215963
hard question. i would have simply told them to make a new character in secret as theirs was assimilated. It's kind of hard to pull such a thing, also because despite hiding quite well the vulgus still has lots of flags that make it easily recognized - the black oozing blood, the body inactivity, the sudden use of powers, the innate and sudden superbe mental stats to ignore most mind-affecting effects, and so much more.
Also, related to the body activity, consider that a creature with so many bodies and so much intelligence will surely have plans and objectives. If an objective is too important, more bodies will be deployed in that direction. What happens then? will it lose control of a particular area because of the lack of active bodies monitoring it?
>>
>>47213581
>>47214100
Oh. I see. thanks.
>>
>>47210176
>>47210162
thats some fucked up stuff
>>
>>47215963
Or take it the other way. The players are all one Vulgus, with them deciding as a group what their bodies will do.
>>
>>47218324
>The players are all one Vulgus, with them deciding as a group what their bodies will do.
My got that's brilliant.
>>
>>47218324
You are a genius.
However this means they will turn this into a gestional game soon enough, deciding which bodies to send to which missions.
>>
>>47219299
>>47218410
>>47218324
Can we get some potential Storytime of a Vulgus posing as a party of adventures.
>>
>>47195358
Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth is an ancient vidya that had a great depiction of a shoggoth.
>>
>>47219597
You know how theres always the legend about that band of heroes who are so in sync they dont even nees to speak? How they weave in and out, taking turns striking enemies down, their timing almost like an elaborately choreographed routine that theyve been practicing?
Yeah no. Turns out theyre an evil being from the depths of the abyss.
Why yes, I do know theyre at the next table over.
No, I will not be quiet. I have no need to fear their ire.
Why would I be angry about telling the truth of myself? I should be commended for being so self-aware...
>>
File: 1270432907850.jpg (12 KB, 241x230) Image search: [Google]
1270432907850.jpg
12 KB, 241x230
>>47197004
I used one of these for the culmination of my Pathfinder campaign in 2012. The players found that the King's heirs were Drakaina spawn, and the "Horned Mother" the Kingdom worshipped was an eldritch Drakaina that lived in the lower levels of the castle.

Cue a session of butchering the King and most of their fanatical cabinet, then going downstairs and fighting through a gauntlet of increasingly more difficult Spawn while the Horned Mother watched and screamed and yelled insults.

I didn't give her Dimension Door though, being that she was Size Colossal and looked like an Ant Queen full of squirming spawn.
>>
>>47196208
skin walkers are your friend anon! They aren't scary at all. They are friendly wood spirits that defend the wilderness and totally don't want to bathe in your blood and use your skin as blankets before stealing your identity and fucking with your friends!
>>
>>47221063
Never kill an owl. Ever. Just don't do it.
>>
File: This is a wasp.jpg (45 KB, 534x541) Image search: [Google]
This is a wasp.jpg
45 KB, 534x541
>>47194969

What a boring looking wasp.
>>
File: cheeky kender.jpg (17 KB, 302x300) Image search: [Google]
cheeky kender.jpg
17 KB, 302x300
>>47197004
pfft, there's worse than that in dragonlance.
>>
>>47199591
THE RACE WAR TARTS NOOOOOOOOOOW
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 57

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.