[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warhammer 40k General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 51
File: 40kg.jpg (178 KB, 1200x569) Image search: [Google]
40kg.jpg
178 KB, 1200x569
Reading is Haaaaard Edition

>Rules databases
https://mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
https://kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V7.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>White Dwarves
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

>Novels (Working link as of 02/02/2016)
https://mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q
>>
I want to Tau, but I hate riptides, broadsides, and flyers.

Are Crisis suits my best AA option?

One squad of Crisis suits with AA ability doesn't seem like enough, but two squads seems like two much.
>>
File: XsUhinR.png (736 KB, 610x1189) Image search: [Google]
XsUhinR.png
736 KB, 610x1189
Hi guys, I'm currently converting building a corsair force, and am unsure of certains choice of equipment.
Namely, most corsairs have acces to both craftworld and dark eldars special weapons, but I don't know what's the latters are worth.
Trading melta for a short range lance, while useful at max range, doesn't seem as useful most of the time considering the corsairs mobility. And losing the ignore covers of the flamer seem to also hurt. Am I wrong ?
>>
Come at me chaos.
>>
>>47165065
AP 2
>>
So I've been reading up some lore and... how are the Carcharodon marines not a chaos chapter?

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Carcharodons
>>
>>47165148
Because they don't follow the Chaos Gods?
>>
>>47165148
Because they do not worship the chaos gods and they were on the right side on Badab.
>>
>>47165148
Just because they have a thing for sharks doesn't make them furries anon
>>
>>47165065
his weapon looks weirdly flimsy in that pic.
>>
>>47165166
>>47165171
>>47165192
I just mean their brutality is right in line with some of the behaviour of traitor legions pre-heresy. I mean, shouldn't inquisitors be a little bit worried about them?
They seem ripe for Khorne to ensnare them.
>>
>>47165192
Can they be furry if they have no fur?
This is the kind of question universities should answer, instead of doing shit like curing cancer
>>
>>47165209
Blood angels, Flesh tearers, Minotaurs, Executioners, Star Phantoms.
>>
>>47165209
There are a ton of assholes chapters among the Space Marines, so what the Carcharodons do isn't really so rare.
It's just that GW focuses on the first founding chapters that are, for the most part, relatively nice
>>
>>47165223
As far as I know all of those, except maybe BA are kept on VERY tight leashes by various parts of the imperium, it sounds like the space-sharks are free to do whatever the fuck they want, and we all know what happens to free space marines with extreme views.
>>
>>47165201
Don't talk to me, or my wife's son's weapon ever again.
>>
>>47165255
I wonder if a rogue marine has ever adopted/stolen a child
>>
File: Grey_Knights_Battle_Brother_1.jpg (631 KB, 702x1000) Image search: [Google]
Grey_Knights_Battle_Brother_1.jpg
631 KB, 702x1000
>>47165268
I would purge the rogue marine, and cleanse the child.
>>
>>47165250
Plus they seem to just disappear into the ether after the Badab war.. after royally fucking up the Mantis Warriors home turf by basically mugging it wholesale and kidnapping all the men to train them up as new recruits.
>>
What's a good fit for psychic powers for a Hemlock? I love the idea of a Psychic Flyer. Telepathy since he fucks around with LD values, and Runes of Battle if you don't get Shrouding for that sweet 2+ Jink?
>>
File: 1455476510662.jpg (504 KB, 867x1249) Image search: [Google]
1455476510662.jpg
504 KB, 867x1249
>>47165302
They will be investigated thoroughly.
>>
>>47165355
Hemipenes
>>
Reposting the Ork Codex 7th Edition Update

BattleScribe BSR:
BitDOTlySLASHOrksBSR

PDF:
BitDOTlySLASHOrks7ePDF

Version is fairly stabilized. Fun fact: Flash Gitz can buckle swashes like pirates now that they have Power Choppas to take advantage of the fact that they have assault weapons.
>>
File: BT19.jpg (497 KB, 2204x2130) Image search: [Google]
BT19.jpg
497 KB, 2204x2130
Opinion of Black Templars as a chapter tactic?

I like the idea of a special and heavy weapon in a 5 man squad and the 10 point "almost-a-marine" neophytes seem pretty handy too
>>
>>47165383
Built in or as an option?
>>
I'm hoping someone can help me out here.

I remember awhile back seeing a galaxy map with all the hive fleets encroaching, but it was pulled out a bit more showing that all the hive fleets were just arms of a greater mass of tyranids.

Thanks in advance.
>>
>>47165268
Constantly. That's how they recruit.
>>
>>47165293
Does anyone think it's a little unfair how there is a faction that has sole purpose of countering another faction?

If a Daemon army faces a Grey Knight player who knows what he's doing it's going to lose no matter what
>>
>>47165483

Well, Grey Knights are shit tier right now, so are fairly handleable... But yes: If everything else in the game was mostly balanced it would be utter bullshit to have a faction that has preferred enemy against and multiple counter abilities that are only any good against another.
>>
File: Cultist-chan31.jpg (88 KB, 500x815) Image search: [Google]
Cultist-chan31.jpg
88 KB, 500x815
>>47165268
Dranon did, in a way, somehow. Blame Slaanesh-chan.
>>
>>47165507
>Well, Grey Knights are shit tier right now,
I actually like them now because they aren't associated with wardian bullshit. I'm actually considering buying a small army of them for use in killteam and Zone Mortalis games
>>
>>47165507
But what if their where anti-anti-demon rules and weapons?
>>
>>47165525

They're still the super secret all psychic, almost all terminator chapter founded with vaguely implied emperor gene seed, chapter master samurai jack, a drab grey paint scheme and infamous baby carrier units.

There is very little going for Grey Knights as an army, and a lot against them. The rough idea of the Inquisition skimming the gene seed tithe to make a private anti-daemon army is entirely fine, but the execution falls tremendously flat.
>>
File: StabiloMotherfucker.jpg (46 KB, 416x284) Image search: [Google]
StabiloMotherfucker.jpg
46 KB, 416x284
Hey guys, I want to get back into miniature painting but I always sucked at it.
I'm inclined to take all my miniatures, dust them off, paint 'em black and start over again.
But I have a problem.
I have autism and I want to be VERY precise.
Is there a way to paint using something that looks like pic related ? I cannot work properly with brushes and if there was some kind of similar painting tool, I'd actually enjoy the hobby because of proper results.
Please tell me such a thing exists.
>>
>>47165589
So what is actually wrong with them crunch wise?

I get why people aren't happy about a Mary-Sue chapter existing, but I think it's safe to say that out of a galaxy of trillions it's quite reasonable for there to be 1000 Mary Sues all gathered together. Draigo and the dreadknight are gay as fuck though I agree
>>
>>47165526

That's just an arms race.

You want a good game design approach? Give them abilities that counter daemons not on a direct hard counter level, but rather a tactical level.

Daemons have hordes, big smashy monsters and sorcery. Therefore, Grey Knights should instead of having specific anti-daemon abilities, have anti-horde, anti-monster/tank and antimagic capabilities.
>>
>>47165629
>So what is actually wrong with them crunch wise?

Low number of units to pick from, low model count, most of their units aren't very points efficient.

They're currently an ally codex at best, unless you want to make a Dreadknight spam monobuild.
>>
>half the Ork line is out of stock or sold out
>there's no model whatsoever for Warboss on a bike

New models soon?
>>
File: 40k g.jpg (183 KB, 1200x569) Image search: [Google]
40k g.jpg
183 KB, 1200x569
>>47164875
FTFY

I've read the 1d4chan Blood angels tactics page.
Helping a friend build his DA army. On the weekend we got 10 tacticals, 5 assault death company and an assault chaplain.

I'm telling him to get 2 rhinos. 1 drop pod. 2 more boxes of tacticals and 5 more assault DC. 1 box to be another 10 tacticals and the other 10 to be a squad of ground death company with bolt pistols and chain swords.

This will give him the following.

Assault chaplain.
10 assault Death Company 2 power fists 2 power swords
10 ground Death Company in drop pod 2 power fists 2 power swords (Or maybe infernus pistols instead of power fists for popping tanks the turn they come out the pod?)
10 tacticals with flamer and heavy flamer
10 tacticals with melta gun and heavy flamer

He then wants to get 2 death company dreads, so complete his 4 elite slots.
I know dreads aren't fantastic, but I love them and he thinks they are cool. We are building this to be fun and fluffy, not competative as it will just be fore friendly games.

He might be getting a Land Raider Crusader that his brother had from about 15 years ago.
Might get some bikes this way too.

Plan to get a squad of assault terminators to go in the LRC. see above for using shit models because they look glorious.

Librarian in power armor or terminator armor?

Will probably build a captain at some point.

Then Baal predators to fill out heavy support?

Feedback? All criticism welcome.
This is the first time I have looked at Blood Angels, as a space yiff player myself.
>>
>>47165621
Go to the wip thread, they'll help you out better, most likely.
>>
>>47165672
Alright thanks, I'll check them out.
>>
>>47165209

They spend most of their time in the outer darkness. It's both an extremely inconvenient place to be chasing a fleet based space marine chapter through and a place not many people give a fuck about. Even if they do fall out there, chances are they'll just keep killing whatever it is they're killing out there only in the name of Khorne instead of in the name of emps.

Which is definitely bad but hardly the disaster that, say, a blood angel defection would be.
>>
>>47165665
Zog
https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/Ork-Warboss-on-Bike
>>
>>47165483
Yes and no.

GK are fine conceptually, the problem is they're a standalone army.

GK, SoB, Inquisition, IG, and the other Imperium riffraff should be reshuffled into one book at most.
>>
>>47165302
>after royally fucking up the Mantis Warriors home turf

The Mantis Warriors should try not getting in bed with traitors and renegades. Maybe this sort of thing wouldn't happen to them.
>>
>>47165688
Yeah yeah but that's FW, and technically modeled with illegal options.

And we both know FW and GW only just barely coordinate.
>>
>>47165691
>IG
>Riffraff
>>
>>47165629

They don't really need to be Mary Sues to do their job: A bunch of tithe-skimmed, brainwashed living weapons directly under the Ordo Malleus's heel would fill the same role.

Why are Grey Knights incorruptible? In this case, because their personalities have been meticulously beaten out of them and replaced with rune-warded automatons barely capable of speech. Maybe have a small inner circle of the very few inductees to come through the process with something resembling a personality left over.
>>
>>47165715
They can't even decide what their army is called though
>>
>>47165719
>Maybe have a small inner circle of the very few inductees to come through the process with something resembling a personality left over.
That would be pretty cool actually
>>
File: Grey_Knights_David_Goliath.jpg (372 KB, 900x1247) Image search: [Google]
Grey_Knights_David_Goliath.jpg
372 KB, 900x1247
>>47165629
Their mid tier. The best mono GK builds are just spamming terminators and taking dreadknights. Basically hoping that the enemy isn't packing tons of ap 2. You can easily overwhelm 'balanced lists' with this but such lists are boring. Crunch wise they aren't terrible, just lack versatile effective units. Taking different units instead of spamming terminators just hurts the list overall. Doesn't stop them from being fun and having the best basic marine models though, in my opinion.
>>
I'm going to get both the 'Nid and IG starter boxes and I want to make it fairly balanced against eachother, as I'm going to use the IG box for introduction games against the Tyranid box, where I'll be playing the Tyranids. However, I don't know what upgrades to apply to the Tyranids, as I've never played them before.

Imperial Guard:
-Armoured Shield Formation
-Leman Russ Vanquisher, 135
+Heavy Bolter Sponsons, 20
+Hull Mounted Heavy Bolter, free
+Camo Netting, 15
-170 points.

-Commissar, 25
-Infantry Squad, 50
+Heavy Weapons Team, Autocannon, 10
+Guardsman with Flamer, 5
-Total, 90 points.

-Complete Total, 260 Points.

VS.

Tyranids:
-Hive Vanguard Formation
-Hive Tyrant, 165

-Warrior Brood, 90

-Gargoyle Brood, 60

-Complete Total, 315

What would you suggest to make either list better?
>>
How many editions until Orks are competitive?
>>
>>47165748
I also understand that they have trouble dealing with vehicles?
>>
>>47165786
Sort of. Shooting vehicles yes. Definitely. But when you are running 30 terminators with 10 hammers, and 2 dreadknights at 1500 points. All of which are deepstriking or shunting 30 inches turn 1. You aren't shooting vehicles for very long.
>>
>>47165250
Look at their chapter tactics rules. They are desperate allies with imperial forces. The imperium isn't actually slapping these dudes on the back. And IA10 even mentions that they were barely accepted by the rest of the imperial coalition
>>
What do you think is the best Admech list at around 2000 points?
>>
>>47165784
Lotz.
>>
>>47165824

best for what? Most fun? Strongest on the tabletop? Looking swag? Closest to what the real admech might field?
>>
>>47165713
Powerklaw is not illegal, neither is bike
>>
>>47164953
Skyrays will absolutely wreck any kind of flier with a bunch of S8 AP3 skyfire shots that hit on BS5 and ignores cover, without requiring LoS if someone else markerlights the target. They are also really good at providing markerlights, and they don't have skyfire, but velocity trackers, that means they can choose if they want skyfire or not.

Incredibly solid and underappreciated unit in general.
>>
>>47165810
>>47165786
should mention though that running that sort of list with just spamming terminators is not something I do and is boring for the opponent as well as yourself I find. It's just incredibly frustrating for your opponent to play against if he brings a more balanced list. After that you can bet your asshole he will spam AP 2 to counter it if he's got it, virtually everytime.
>>
>>47165305
Anyone? Probably Telepathy seems like the best one, most runes of battle powers aren't that good for a Flyer and Telepathy seems really dickish paired with mindshock pods.
>>
File: Cthulhu voicemail.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
Cthulhu voicemail.gif
2 MB, 320x240
Question. Shouldn't Chaos be only resticted to our galaxy? Since it's a dimension of the psychic waves of all sentient ppl in the galaxy.
Those would radiate a cloud of souls or whatever. THen there is a whole lot of nothing between galaxies.
In another more peaceful galaxy would there still be a friendlier realm of souls?

Pls no bully for not knowing enough 40k fluff
>>
>>47165748
Got that backwarda bro,
It's all about spamming NDKs and taking TDAs to unlock more NDKs.

Overall pretty boring.

But yep. When a codex has effectively 2-3 options per slot you'd think that GW could do some internal balance, but the 5e dex had more internal balance.
>>
>>47164979
Got a link to uncensored?
>>
>>47165715
>>47165691

Think he meant the Stormtroopers, I mean Militarum Tempestus.
>>
>>47165921
>running that sort of list with just spamming terminators is not something I do
>taking terminators in a terminator army is bad
What? Are you literally retarded?

Terminators are overpowered, and weight of fire deals with them just fine. T4 is not doing them any favours, and they have a 5++ to fall back on.

My favourite tactic as Tau is to just throw as many missiles at them as possible. As long as they aren't doing "rerolling 1s" bullshit, then you don't need ap2.

If they are doing that cheesy shit, ypu can bet I'll be bringing myself some AP2 flamers to fuck you up, but then ypu are kinda asking for it.

Don't start an arms race, period. It is never fun for anyone involved.
>>
>>47165719
Biggest problem was that the 5e (and 7e) dex went ahead and stripped away the mystery of the GKs that the Daemonhunter codex had
>>
So I just learned I can make Chaos Scions using IA XIII but I have no idea how to build a decent CAD Army out of the list yet.

Any recommendations?
>>
are there any imperial guard armies that are focused on bunkering down and defending?
>>
>>47165964
>Shouldn't Chaos be only resticted to our galaxy?

Yes, that is the superior answer both thematically and from the standpoint of internal consistency.

Official fluff seems to treat the big 4 as universal powers however. In fact, there are a lot of weird scaling issues with regards to the chaos gods.
>>
>>47165985
Did you miss the part where I said they were mid tier? You really are fucking retarded.
>plays tau and deals with stuff just fine
What a fucking surprise.
>>
>>47166004

That's not how you play the game, honestly. The goal is to kill and to seize territory, rolling a static defence is frustrating to work with.

That said, yes: Death Korps, and they have a really cool asthetic.
>>
>>47166004
Death Korps of Krieg are pretty big on both defence and Assault

Most infantry regiments are competent in static defence though
>>
>>47165921
Except, that's all GKs have. Their codex-s internal balance is such shit. PA Grey Knights cost 22pts for a 5man squad. (21 for a 10man, because of the mandatory 10pt character upgrade.

For 11pts more: you get Terminator Armour and +1 A & Ld.

There is literally no contest.

Each slot goes through the same problem: Pay 22 pts more for +1 WS / W...

I guess the biggest problem is ALL the GK units have the EXACT same role so it's easy to see what's better.

Like right now, the ONLY role Strike Squads have is if you need a Troop choice and want to save 55 pts.
>>
File: 657px-Awesome_Chaos.jpg (77 KB, 657x899) Image search: [Google]
657px-Awesome_Chaos.jpg
77 KB, 657x899
>>47166007

So, basically, I cant.

Does any of the Daemon books offer anything I could ally in to help with this bullshit?
>>
>>47166096
To help with taking on Striking Scorpions?
>>
>>47166022
>Tau player disregards logic or the fact other armies don't have only good options
What. A. Fucking. Surprise.
>>
>>47166113
Well, I'm a genius.
Meant to reply to this >>47165970
>>
File: 1419215497981.jpg (443 KB, 1754x1240) Image search: [Google]
1419215497981.jpg
443 KB, 1754x1240
>>47166062
Yup that's the point. If you want to run them to the best of their ability it's boring as fuck. Painting up a ton of terminators and dreadknights is painfully boring. Interceptors and Purifiers have some uses, but there isn't really much of a point using them either way. Every unit's goal is to run up, and get in the enemy's face. Even Purgators work best with maxed incinerators dropping from a stormraven, because they have the same special weapons as everyone else. Taking a versatile list with different units using GK still isn't as bad as the lower tier codices, so I'm fine with it, but the fact still remains that no matter what units you take, the battleplan is the same every single game.
>>
Welp just ordered three fliers, really not too interested in their new DLC though.

What are the chances that it will get rolled into the core rulebook in the next edition?
>>
>>47166172
Biggest problem both Purgators and Purifiers suffer is they didn't get the DS memo. Which isn't necessarily bad. But now with lack of Battlebuddy transports they're left with Rhinos/Land Raiders/Storm Ravens to catch up.

It's kind of funny. Back in 6e with the 5e codex I almost never deepstruck. But with the 7e it really encourages that behavior.
>>
>>47166042
sadly they are way too overpriced
>>
>>47166267
Well I don't know what you want to hear then.
>>
Rolled 6 (1d6)

>>47166206
Roll a d6.
On a 4+ the tules will be added to 8e.
>>
>>47166283
>Rolled 6

Well fuck, at least I will have fliers now...
>>
File: grey knight interceptor.jpg (127 KB, 493x599) Image search: [Google]
grey knight interceptor.jpg
127 KB, 493x599
>>47166243
Yeah, it's why I only take a small purifier squad in a rhino and a small interceptor squad. I just need some variety, even if it's only distractions and objective holders. Like holy fuck.
>>
What army would you recommend for a new player? havent played since 4th and am looking to get back into the hobby
>>
>>47166361
depends what you think looks cool model wise, and in the lore. If you aren't sure, then just make a 'your dudes' chapter of space marines.
>>
>>47166022
Did you miss the part where I said no Ap2?

Oh wait, you read "tau" and started sperging out like a 10 year old. Big surprise.

Aside from being even more glass cannon now, even my DEldar have little trouble dealing with 2+ saves, Eldar and Marines give less shits than Tau posibly could, and IG will just glee over the fact that you barely brought any models to the table.

What armies that aren't super low/almost unplayable-tier have trouble with this? Because I have never seen an all-comers list have trouble with 2+ armour, despite everyone but the marine players using subpar non-competetive lists.
>>
>>47166361
Depends on what you want. Cheapness? Dark Angels, since everyone and their mother is selling Dark Vengeance set halves. Do you want no friends and easy wins all day every day? Eldar or Tau. Otherwise, just go with whatever army you would like to build and play. The resources are in the OP, read through any which interest you and go from there
>>
>>47166361
Gotta give us more than that buddy.

It will always be more of what you like fluff and model wise but at least tell us what you what you want that army to do, how you would like to play, and really anything else.

Don't go for the supplement codexes.
>>
>>47166267
>Don't take morale checks from shooting
>WS4 means they can stall spess mehrines in melee for that much longer
>Orders that let them gain +1 to their cover bonus
>Cheap, immobile Artillery that can lay waste to the field

Expensive or not, Kriegans are bet at defence
>>
>>47166313
Yerp.
I mean I get from a design stand point that giving Cleansing Fire T1 Deepstrike can be broken.

Interceptors aren't too bad. I dig them.
But geez. I wish there was some variety.

I ended up shelving my GKs because it became either boring or unfun (to either me or my opponent)

Psilencers are a terribly designed weapon that is so unfun.
>>
>>47166206
>What are the chances that it will get rolled into the core rulebook in the next edition?

100%. It will probably change slightly, but it's being sold as an outright update to flyer rules, and explicitly only grant people who don't want to participate a roll off to avoid the dogfight phase.

"Escalation" got a much sifter sell last edition and a version of its super heavy rules made it into the core book for 7th.
>>
>>47166361
I would recommend the army you like the look of and after you've done some research on how it plays.
>>
>>47166361
Dark Eldar or Chaos Daemons are very good for beginners
>>
>>47165979
http://i.imgur.com/0ieQtgd.png
>>
>>47166396
Wow that sounds terrible. They need to change a good bit of it because I am not interested in learning all that new crap.

Can't you destroy reserve fliers even if they are transports?

RIP
>>
>>47166433
>Can't you destroy reserve fliers even if they are transports?
Too bad it doesn't work against drop pods. The air superiority bonus means nothing when you can auto-deep strike turn 1 or 2 without fail.
>>
>>47166361
Tau, they're the baby mode of 40k
>>
>>47166143
Chaos Daemons AA is essentially almost as nonexistant as CSM AA. You can ally in chaos renegades and take hydras quite cheaply, other than that there's literally nothing you can do, especially now that GW released the new flyer supplement and made the FW fliers unusable.
>>
I tried playing the Lamenters again. I'm not even halfway to building up my penitence and the orks have taken over. At least Chaos might thin their numbers, they have already successfully crushed the multipled Necron rises
>>
Taunoob here, at around how many points is it fair to bring a riptide? Currently sitting around 600ish
>>
>>47166361
Marines. Easy for beginners, and can roflstomp every army in the game once you know what you are doing, and actually go toe-to-toe with even the Eldar top dog.

The learning curve is very easy on new players.
>>
File: DefineLament.png (34 KB, 946x464) Image search: [Google]
DefineLament.png
34 KB, 946x464
>>47166469
So are you lamenting your decision yet?
>>
>>47166476
>>
>>47166469
Is Chapter Master still going?
>>
>>47166479
Yes
>>
>>47166490
I don't know, I'm just a guy that likes the idea of it too much.
>>
>>47166476
1500 per riptide.

Talking as a Tau player, you need to realize that the Riptide only has a high potential damage. It is more of a distraction than a damage dealer, and will soak up a ton of damage and attention.

This means you NEED other units to help you eliminate the targets.

Also, they are considered unfun to play against, so most people would likely call you an asshole for bringing one at 600 points.
>>
>>47166433

It isn't all that complex. I was pretty triggered by it from the online trickle but actually sitting down with the book it didn't seem so bad.

>Can't you destroy reserve fliers even if they are transports?
You choose which of your flyers participate in the dogfight if it happens, so your fatty transports should only be dying from it if you leave them unescorted and your opponent brings fighters, which seems fair.
>>
How do you feel about deploying a Tidewall Gunring at low points games?
>>
>>47165784
Play the fandex
>>
File: solitaire 2.jpg (338 KB, 985x1920) Image search: [Google]
solitaire 2.jpg
338 KB, 985x1920
Lore question.

Why are these guys so good?

They're not as old or experienced as Phoenix Lords or even one or two of the eldest Chapter Masters (Tycho pretty much). They're not like Exarchs where they have soulstones integrated into them. They're not warp entities, they're flesh and blood Eldar playing a role.

So, has there ever been any sort of explanation for how they can solo multiple Greater Daemons? They seem almost ridiculously powerful in the lore, like "even Fulgrim does not want to fight this" sort of powerful.

Why? What makes them so awesome?
>>
>>47166375
I usually wreck DE with my GK so I'm not sure you know what your talking about. I even beat balanced tau lists most of the time as well if I get first turn. Imperial Guard armies definitely aren't that much of a problem either unless they bring 2 crazy heavy tanks at 1500 points. Really not sure what your talking about. You basically say Eldar, Tau, and Marines (the top 3 armies arguably) have no problem against GK. You aren't very smart taufag. Retarded maybe.

Here. I'll even provide a nice example of a simple, boring, GK list running train on tau with /tg/'s favorite, tabletop tactics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qlqr9X3rvgo
>>
>>47165993
Wouldn't it be better to just use their normal codex and ally in R&H if you wanted guard allies?
>>
>>47166448

Drop pods don't fly around, they plunge straight down out of space. Makes sense that planes wouldn't do much.

I still think skyfire intercept guns should get a crack at them as they fall, though.
>>
>that feel when this thread is so shit that people are still posting in the other thead
So OP, how does it feel to be such an autistc faggot that you can't even get the attention of people actually interested in your topic, while still on page 1?
>>
File: Cleric.jpg (290 KB, 676x919) Image search: [Google]
Cleric.jpg
290 KB, 676x919
>>47166502
Imagine a game called "High Lord" where you have to co-ordinate Multiple Chapters, Imperial Navy and Imperial Guard to defend the entire Imperium, meanwhile playing a game of politics between the Ad Mech, Inquisition, Ecclesiarchy, Segmentum governors and various other Imperial Factions.

Eventually you'll get overrun by chaos, nids or Gazghuls mega-Waagh but it would be fun while it lasts
>>
File: 1378452515665.jpg (150 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
1378452515665.jpg
150 KB, 1280x1024
Wait.

How the fuck do Khornate warbands get around?

Won't they need navigators or do they just get a bloodletter with a pirate hat, eye patch and wooden leg to steer the ship through the warp or some shit?
>>
>>47166540

Backing of an actual God. The Laughing God personally looks over their fate. I think of them as being his Greater Daemons.
>>
>>47165383
Your link is now broken as shit. Try running the real link through a tinyurl before posting to /tg/. Yea, I know the spam filters are bullshit, they don't like me posting PUUSH screenshots either.
>>
>>47166573
In some iterations of the fluff they aren't strictly opposed to sorcery, just it's use in combat, which they see as holy (and Slaanesh's perversion of it is why they are the number one enemy)
>>
>>47166540
Eldar are what the authors use to self insert.

Of course the super badass elite warriors of the clown god are going to be able to solo anything in the setting, even living incarnations of war, plagues, magic, and cocaine.
>>
>>47166573
Khorne doesn't hate All psykers/sorcery, he hates using it in battle.

Summoning daemons? Navigators? Making daemon weapons/engines? Fine.

Shooting lightning out of your ass? Speeding yourself up way beyond your physical abilities? Fuck you.
>>
>>47166573
ERE WE GO
ERE WE GO 'KROSS DA KOSMOS
DON'T KNOW WHERE WE GOIN' 'TILL WE GET DERE
>>
File: 1.png (285 KB, 1225x644) Image search: [Google]
1.png
285 KB, 1225x644
>>47166572
There's a lot of strategy games that encompass far more than combat that would be amazing in the 40k universe. I just want a fan mod of Stellaris where you're the emperor who has just united Terra.
>>
>>47166540
They're soulless, which really messes with chaos as it is and more importantly they have free access to the black library which is full of ancient knowledge for fucking over chaos and freeing the laughing god.

Their end goal is to trick slaanesh into spitting out all the eaten eldar souls and powering up cegorach.
>>
>>47166591
I mean psykers. Sorcery is different
>>
>>47166561
>Drop pods don't fly around, they plunge straight down out of space. Makes sense that planes wouldn't do much.
In the fluff, planes regularly shoot drop pods out of the sky.
>I still think skyfire intercept guns should get a crack at them as they fall, though.
Yea well, interceptor allows you to shoot th payload instead, which is better for the armies with a lot of interceptor.
>>
Were the Chaos gods and the Inmaterium always evil or is it just a reflection of the increasingly sorry state of the galaxy since the end of the Dark Age of Technology.
>>
>>47166545
>You basically say Eldar, Tau, and Marines (the top 3 armies arguably) have no problem against GK. You aren't very smart taufag. Retarded maybe.
I also said Dark Eldar, but I suppose a retarded marine player can't be expected to fully read a short text message.

This name calling thing is fun, I've been missing out all this time.
>>
>>47165863
For me probably fun(although i am a sucker for a cool look)
>>
>>47166646
And I said I regularly beat DE all the time? So good job reading. Also enjoy the faq nerf faggot.
>>
>>47166580
Harlaquins are basically Chaos Eldar of Cegorach with Solitaires being his Daemon Princes.
>>
>>47166609
They're not soulless though.

In fact, one of their major plot points is that when they die, Cegorach can't just steal their souls from Slaanesh like he does with other Harlequins, so he has to play a fair game for them instead.
>>
>>47166674
And I said I have no problem with grey knights.

>nerfs
Literally where?
>jink nerf, hurr durr
If you relied on jinking you probably didn't win anyway.
>>
>>47166645
Evil is just a point of view
>>
>>47166580
That seems as good a bet as any, though I'm not sure why they seem to treat GDs as total mooks.

I used to think they were a combination of Laughing God fuckery and pre-Fall Eldar Empire tech.
>>
How would you make a Space Hulk Generation table?
>>
>>47166716
Chaos are literally the equivalent of a cartoon villian. They are evil for the sake of being evil, because "MUH BORN OF FEELINGS" logic.

This isn't even D&D evil, where some of them have good intentions. This is straight up "always evil all the time, no exceptions ever", where any good intentions are at some point eroded entirely by the chaos gods.
>>
>>47166710
>says he plays DE competently
>Doesn't think he got nerfed
good to know you don't actually play the game. Here's your last (you).
>>
>>47166361
Well you have several options:
>Tau, but you will invoke the ire of the spergs. Either you must fight autism with autism or have Buddha levels of inner peace to deal with it. You can guess which option is more popular.
>Space marines. Your army will never be irreleveant. Also brojobs, lots of them. You better like to give them too.
>Orks will absolve you from knowing the rules ever. And from knowing the lore, lol just waagh it. And from knowing how to assemble things right. Anything is just a cool conversion and propa orky.
>Eldars. Take any combination of units and your list is good. No synergy, tactics or anything required.
>Chaos if normal marines are too mainstream and you have strong victim complex. Listbuilding is as easy as with Eldars but in reverse. Any list you make is shit.
>Mechanicus/skitari is a cakewalk too, GW went out and made a list for you so you don't have to. It's called War convocation.
>>
>>47166645

Evil since the rise of the chaos gods, particular since the birth of slannesh.

Note that due to the nature of the warp the gods also have a degree of influence over events before they existed as well, so it like hasn't ever been nice from the mortal perspective.

'before' and 'after' are nessecarily kinda fuzzy, but the 4 are definitely the cause.
>>
>>47166726

Everyone treats Greater Daemons as mooks. Even the big named ones get banished by inquisitors. And yet, Skulltaker managed to kill a Solitaire. Daemons seem to fluctuate WILDLY in power level. They either job pathetically or kill everything.
>>
>>47166004
Maybe, but it's be less fun and flavorful.

Plus I'd rather not run allies.
>>
>>47166759
I thought there were happier emotions chaos gods (I think eldar have some), but I suppose they all got eaten or captured by the big 4. How come eldar get the good natured gods, but humanity only has Emps?
>>
>>47166867
>How can the perfection made flesh have multiple gods while monkeys only have a corpse-in-a-life-support?
Gee boss, I dunno.
>>
>>47166662
>fun and looks

Go for a killacade+whatever the chicken walker formation is called then. Meddling with people's stats, sprinting across the table in a turn, slapping people in the dick with approximately 999,999 strength 8 ap- attacks.

it's a real larf.
>>
>>47166694
In their first incarnation, they had the soulless rule that let them automatically pass leadership based tests (they had no leadership stat) and were untargetable by psychic powers

I believe whatever process the solitaire goes through forfeits his soul to slannesh on the spot.
>>
>>47166867
>Needing any Gods besides the God-Emperor of Mankind.

Someone needs to bring in a commissar.
>>
>>47165416
However you want. The official stuff is such a mess I just couldn't play with it anymore.

>>47166583
They both work fine; just tested them.

>>47166599
'AVE A PROPPA SKRAP, LAD!
>>
>>47166867

Emps is a psyker worshipped as a god, but not a warp god. Humanity don't have as much resonance in the warp as Eldar due to not being innately psychic or mentally powerful. Humans still feed the warp Gods, but not to the same degree. When Eldar were the dominant race in the galaxy, this was reflected in the warp with a panteon of Eldar Gods. As depravity took over, so did Slaanesh.
>>
File: no it doesnt.png (19 KB, 806x314) Image search: [Google]
no it doesnt.png
19 KB, 806x314
>>47166947
Evidently not.
>>
>>47166716
Babby's first moral relativism claim. Evil is a pretty simple thing: does something increase the a mount of human suffering, or decrease it?

Does an action put someone nearer to a state of pure bliss, or nearer to abject agony?

Everything is pretty easy to examine from this clear POV.
>>
>>47166867
There are a few survivor eldar gods, but they're seperate, the newer fluff says that khorne killed all of the lesser gods and wears their heads as rings
>>
>>47166979
Don't google it, type it into the URL bar & hit enter. Took me right to the Dropbox download page.
>>
>>47167052
eldar gods are seperate to chaos gods, and khorne killed the lesser chaos gods, I should say.
>>
>>47167007

Babby's first utilitarian claim. By what metric do you quantify joy? If a rapist's enjoyment eclipses the victim's suffering is it good?
>>
>>47167070
I'm not googling it. Chrome does either one of two things when I try to use your link. It either gives me an infinite loading loop, or dumps me straight into a google search that yields nothing.

Evidently the link is wrong.
>>
>>47167090
Is it morally acceptable to set a rapist on fire?
>>
>>47167007
not that guy, but damn do you sound like a tubby neckbeard. Chaos in 40k is evil for sure, but to describe evil in the simple terms you put forth is wrong. A person can be 'evil' and still do things to decrease the amount of human suffering, and vice versa. Evil also isn't just black and white. There are degrees of evil. It's why we have laws for different crimes and punishments ranging in severity.
>>
>>47167007

>bolt every living human to a table
>drill a hole on their heads
>run a wire to the reward center
>stimulate with electricity, forever.

the greatest possible good! who could even argue? :^)
>>
opinions on new flyer rules?
local tourney organizers current stance is that the entire book is completely optional and will be not used for events. personally i like the new rules and think they're a good fit (dog fight phase is iffy, but you're only gonna have like 1-2 a game assuming both people even bring flyers)

also, what do people think of the storm hawk? built two last night, hoping to paint them before next weekend.
>>
>>47167113

Dunno, how much do you enjoy it?
>>
>>47166763
>Y...You clearly don't play the game!
That tsundere personality is so cute, if not a bit retarded.

But that's okay, we still love you anon <3
>>
>>47164875
Hello anons.

My knowledge on Tau is a bit lacking, but I described a Tau NPC to my group who went crazy about him and due to shenanigans they will now negotiate with him.

They have a navigator in their midst and count on the element of surprise of the lidless stare if ever something goes wrong, assuming a Tau doesn't know what is under that strange man's bandanna.

So:
1) how likely is a water caste Tau to know what a navigator is?
2) since their presence in the warp is less than humans, do I roll for the same damage or do I lessen it?
>>
>>47167131
>opinions on new flyer rules?

they are fun, improve balance, and only seriously bloat game length if both forces bring 4+ flyers with independent reserve rolls, which should be pretty rare.

I look forward to the 8th edition core book shutting down the "muh optional supplement!" butthurt storm by rolling the changes in.
>>
>>47165755
Bump.
>>
>>47167104
Works for me, fuck knows what you're doing wrong.
>>
>>47167208
Sorry for being retarded, this belongs in the rpg general.
>>
>>47167248
I found the problem. Chrome didn't want to open it in Halfscreen mode on a seperate tab. After dragging it out to a fullscreen window so I could take a fancy screenshot of the problem with puush(Best program ever), it instantly loaded.

I don't know what the fuck went wrong, but that was both irritating and weird. This is one of those few times where the solution to the issue just escapes me entirely.
>>
>>47167208
>1) how likely is a water caste Tau to know what a navigator is?
Unlilely at best, but not impossible. They wouldn't have any clue as to their abilities though.

>2) since their presence in the warp is less than humans, do I roll for the same damage or do I lessen it?
Lessen it. Chaos mind shenanigans works like shit in the fluff, disregarding the fact that it has no effect on the tabletop.
>>
Tau and Necrons when? I want to ram them with Tyranids.
>>
>>47167294
Oh, wait, not BFG thread.

But I'd still ram them.
>>
>>47167131
stormhawk is pretty ugly still. Good rules, but ugly. Can't hold a candle to this superior specimen model wise. Overall the new flyer rules are okay.
>>
File: Tau and Corruption.png (177 KB, 1089x132) Image search: [Google]
Tau and Corruption.png
177 KB, 1089x132
>>47167290
>Unlilely at best, but not impossible. They wouldn't have any clue as to their abilities though.

The medsua V mission was about capturing imperial navigators
>>
>>47167208
>metagaming players
You done goofed
>>
>>47167208
>1) how likely is a water caste Tau to know what a navigator is?
It's unlikey but not impossible. Are they specialists in dealing with the imperium who have had a lot of face to face contact with Imperial humans? then they may well know what a navigator is.

>2) since their presence in the warp is less than humans, do I roll for the same damage or do I lessen it?
Full damage. The stare is a mental attack that forces targets to see the warp, not an attack upon their soul.
>>
>>47167208
>how likely is a water caste Tau to know what a navigator is?
Unlikely, they would probably have knowledge of how imperial ships travel in realspace but I doubt they would understand warp travel. Actually they would probably assume something high tech rather than a mutant human, even though the air caste themselves are vaguely comparable. Guess it would depend on how much they've experienced combat with imperials too.

>do I roll for the same damage or do I lessen it?
I'd say the warp is still the warp and seeing into it would still hurt their minds all the same. In more of a Lovecraftian "seeing what should not be" way rather than actually understanding the waves of emotions and raw energy being blasted into their minds.
>>
>>47167324
And considering the Tau doctrine of keeping strange xeno shit hidden feom the public, it was likely on a "need to know basis", where most water caste Tau are very unlikely to know what exactly they are (aside from being ordinary navigators that is), much less what they are capable of.
>>
>>47167324

The tau empire knowing something isn't the same question as any particular water caste member knowing.
>>
Two questions from someone who doesn't understand mixing formations:

If a formation automatically arrives from reserves on the second turn and I put units from a different formation into units from the first will those still arrive turn two automatically?

Does Outflank work normally for fliers? How strong does it seem?

This is all for a 4000point game and I am going to be putting pretty much all my models on a table.
>>
>>47167470
>If a formation automatically arrives from reserves on the second turn and I put units from a different formation into units from the first will those still arrive turn two automatically?

no, they lose that benefit.
>>
>>47167470
Meant to add if Outflanking fliers would be better than a unit with capture run.
>>
File: Untitled.png (109 KB, 630x386) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
109 KB, 630x386
Would you?
>>
>>47167507
Oh, yes, I would.
>>
>>47167507
but that's a win win anon.
>>
>>47167467
Just saying that they do have knowledge about Navigators.

It might be in their databases. Kais from the Fire Warrior novel consulted his embedded database in his head when he came across a titan. It told him what it was and the differing opinions on it.
>>
>>47167513
What? Why, the Tau are awesome.
>>
>>47167507
I can't decide unless you explain to me what model design direction the oldcrons will take that will differ from the newcrons.
>>
>>47167536
>this is what Carnac actually believes
>>
>>47167492
Not sure if it makes a difference but it would be three Librarians from a conclave scattered throughout a Ravenwing Strike Force.

Perhaps it would be a bit less cheesey if I put the librarians each in its own BK squad instead of all 2/3 with command squad. My bikestar would still automotive turn two then. With three fliers at that.
>>
>>47167552
Would you quit doing that, please?
>>
>>47164875
Newbie question here: How would one get started with kill team?

I was thinking of getting something like four kill teams and using it as something to easily play or call some buddies to play, and the smaller scale of the combat would make things easier for everyone.

Lets say i want to make four teams (SM, orks, eldar and chaos):

What would be the price range?
How can i make things balanced (or least unbalanced) for everyone?
What is the best version of the rulebook? (i remember hearing that the recent one is kinda wonky) Are there any simplified versions?
Any other tips?

And on a side note, another idea i had was to just buy a buttload of ork units and make it a four way ork brawl. How would price/balancing go with this route?

Thanks in advance.
>>
>>47165670
Polite bump to ensure I am not misguiding my friend and his wallet.
>>
File: images[1].png (3 KB, 277x182) Image search: [Google]
images[1].png
3 KB, 277x182
>>47167536
>>47167571
(you)
>>
>>47167507

>making necrons into bland robotyranids again.
no thanks

>get rid of tau.
They don't need to go away, the universe just needs to stop bending to suck their dicks.

I wouldn't press it.
>>
File: 1295981084760.jpg (183 KB, 960x804) Image search: [Google]
1295981084760.jpg
183 KB, 960x804
>>47165434
This one?
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (44 KB, 444x319) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
44 KB, 444x319
>>47167539
Everything is necron.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (41 KB, 873x232) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
41 KB, 873x232
>>47167611
Human? I think you mean necron.
>>
>>47167557
>Perhaps it would be a bit less cheesey if I put the librarians each in its own BK squad instead of all 2/3 with command squad. My bikestar would still automotive turn two then. With three fliers at that.

Still sounds like some grade A cheese man. You have to put them with a unit that's starting on the field.
>>
>>47167604
I say going back to oldcrons and then working from there to expand them is preferable than sticking with tomb kings in space.

You don't see anyone accusing Eldar of being High Elves in spess. It's because they differ so much that they are basically their own thing. With the Newcrons, they are just a bad spess-carbon copy of the tomb kings.

That's lazy. Stop supporting laziness.
>>
>>47167627
These guys were the fucking shit.
Double scary, excellent on tabletop, interesting as hell and a very unique concept.
>>
>>47167650
But old tomb kings are gone, someone had to take up the space.
>>
>>47167627
Scarab? Actually small flying necron.
>>
File: Wraith.jpg (108 KB, 500x423) Image search: [Google]
Wraith.jpg
108 KB, 500x423
>>47167611
Old wraiths > New wraiths

They were more spoopy. New wraiths are generic matrix robots
>>
File: Crimson Kings.png (193 KB, 626x241) Image search: [Google]
Crimson Kings.png
193 KB, 626x241
>>47167661
Actually, the fluff hints that they might get a AoS reboot some point in the future(picture related).

Ready for "space marine" tomb kings
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (30 KB, 389x320) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
30 KB, 389x320
>>47167680
The biggest tragedy is the new flayed ones. For instance this guy looks like he just took a dump, and wiped with his claw hand.
>>
>>47167627
This is the first example of GW squatting for the sake of a reboot. We should have known back then. We should have known.
>>
>>47165719
>>47165742
MAYBE RIP OFF THE DARK ANGELS MORE
>>
>>47167727
And this one looks like he's showing off his nails, and his ass in a fashion show. LIKE TOTALLY PHAB.
>>
>>47167702

>ogor
>voidglass
>relmgate

ugh.

Who names these things? The CEO's 8 year old nephew?
>>
>>47167727
>>47167750
God damn these could be so much better.

>Inb4 'thats 40k in a nutshell'
>>
>>47167746
Grey knights are basically knights in space. It's in their name. Dark Angels are just lowly space monks in tattered hobo robes. :^)
>>
>>47167760
The IP manager and the lawyer department
>>
File: 1459146260947.png (104 KB, 576x576) Image search: [Google]
1459146260947.png
104 KB, 576x576
going back to the grey knights vs daemon discussion, don't daemons usually win due to greater access to just about everything? i believe FMC with fateweaver or incursion should beat the fuck out of a slow moving army
>>
>>47167609
not quite, it was pulled out more and had all the arms connected to a much bigger blob
>>
File: ravecrons.gif (153 KB, 290x300) Image search: [Google]
ravecrons.gif
153 KB, 290x300
>>47167727
>yfw nuflayed ones are £5 each
>>
>>47167593
I started with kill teams and would suggest doing the HoR Kill Teams at it is WAY more balanced.

This is a great idea. I did the same and got people to join this plastic cult.

On point 3:
>price
About $120 per kill team. You will be buying maybe 3 kits for a whole team. This also depends on the faction. If you get Tau the start collecting box for $85 is a whole optimized team. Also factor in paint.
>Balance
Make the lists ahead of time. 1d4chan has Hor Kill Team tactics and can help you figure out what is broken. Do this before you buy kits to save running around later.
>edition
Use the newest rulebook. The wonkiness and cheese are removed in kill teams. Use the HoR Kill Team supplement. It's free on the Heralds of Ruin site.

Ork brawl in kill teams at 250pts with just bare bone boyz and 4 players will probably cost like... 2 kits of boyz per team and a nob. So 8 boyz kits and a box of nobs. Whatever that is in your country. Here it's like $240 about.
>>
File: fwones[1].jpg (112 KB, 873x627) Image search: [Google]
fwones[1].jpg
112 KB, 873x627
>>47167767
The old ones kicked fucking ass. Made me want to play necrons, and they really felt like they meticulously ripped people to shreds with those badass claws.
>>
>>47167650
>I say going back to oldcrons and then working from there to expand them is preferable than sticking with tomb kings in space.
I don't see how. Newcrons are hugely diverse and flavorful. Even if you are still bootybothered about the whole arrangement there's a hell of a lot more to work with there than, "eh, terminator robuts with pyramids. who knows what they want?"

>You don't see anyone accusing Eldar of being High Elves in spess. It's because they differ so much that they are basically their own thing. With the Newcrons, they are just a bad spess-carbon copy of the tomb kings

Eldar 100% are elves in space and are not any more uniquene than necrons. You don't see people saying that because that's what they've always been so no group of fans was ever mad about enough yo spam it into a meme.
>>
>>47167769
also they're closeted gay pseudo heretics
>>
>>47167777
Pretty much. The top daemon lists are still very good vs Grey Knights, and are better than anything Grey Knights can put together with a solo dex. It's just in people minds that since the lore says Grey Knights should win, then they must win on the tabletop every time. And they forget that it's 7th edition and not 5th/6th or whenever the fuck they left and came back to the game. Good Daemon lists are strong and quite versatile right now overall. GK's best lists simply are meh, and more straightforward to play than checkers.
>>
>>47167879
>I don't see how.

Read the Xenology, The Kal Jericho comic, and the oldcron codex, and Medusa V fluff.

The Xenology had a talking oldcron lord who disguised himself as an inquisitor.

The Kal Jericho Necron lord that was Imperial Knight sized and forgot its purpose.

The Oldcron codex says that there were Necron lords who retained their minds. The Medusa V's Hearld of the Storm was one of them.

Plenty room for expansion.
>"eh, terminator robuts with pyramids. who knows what they want?"

We knew exactly what they wanted.

>Eldar 100% are elves in space and are not any more uniquene than necrons.

The Eldar are elves in space but they are not WHFB High Elves in space. Their fluff and feel are a farcry from each other. Not so with the newcrons and tomb kings.
>>
File: 1462310419472.jpg (60 KB, 673x696) Image search: [Google]
1462310419472.jpg
60 KB, 673x696
>>47167977
>read the xenology
HERE IT COMES BOYS
>>
>>47168037
ERE WE GO
ERE WE GO!
ERE WE GO!!
>>
>>47168053
>>47168037
ORKZ-ORKZ-ORKZ-ORKZ
ORKZ-ORKZ-ORKZ-ORKZ
ORKZORKZORKZORKZ....
OOOOOOOOOOOOORKZ
>>
Why do people act like Oldcrons and Newcrons can't coexist.

Oldcrons are just dynasties that C'tan (Shards) took over.

While Newcrons are dynasties that played Pokemon.
>>
>>47168037
Stop shitposting.

People who don't understand the xenology are the worse. Literally just parroting a meme.

The xenology in-verse resaerch records about the dissected aliens are viewed with question because they were written by a mad man. So what is fact and what is madness cannot be easily known.. However, the events if the books which end with Necrons looting the research, framing an enemy inquisitor, and kidnapping everyone involved are factual.
>>
>>47168103
>Oldcrons are just dynasties that C'tan (Shards) took over.

Because there isn't a single mention of a C'tan shard taking over any necron dynasty.

>inb4 you make one

I need to know if it can happen and how before I start.

As things stand, it's in the female marine territory.
>>
>>47167313
>Storm Hawks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nl1BlYbt8sE
>>
>>47165993
>So I just learned I can make Chaos Scions using IA XIII but I have no idea how to build a decent CAD Army out of the list yet.
>Any recommendations?

So I guess there aren't any recommendations then.
>>
Why the fuck are Eldar and Dark Eldar battle brothers?
>>
>>47168103
Because people are salty.
>>
>>47167803
>
About $120 per kill team. You will be buying maybe 3 kits for a whole team. This also depends on the faction. If you get Tau the start collecting box for $85 is a whole optimized team. Also factor in paint.
Pretty pricey, part because i'd have to order most of the stuff online but mostly because one dollar equal to roughly 3.5 reals (brazilian currency) nowdays, not to mention the taxes but then what else could i excpect from a hobby like this. As for paints i have some i bought when i was in oxford plus some old ones my father has from his old scale models, and a 10-man (9 taticals + a sergant or veteran) SM squad, so i could probably use them too (i should have bought at least one more set).

As for online shopping, besides ebay and GW/citatel's official websites, where else i can get more minis?

>Whatever that is in your country. Here it's like $240 about.
You mean 240 bucks for the 8 kits + nobs? If yes, i might end up going with that, i mean, its a lot cheaper, and it would be easier to balance (its the same units, so getting an even playing field would likely be easier, right?). I'm pretty sure everyone would like/be okay with playing as orks.

As for the balance/rules part, thanks for the help, i'll check out the resources.
>>
>>47168171
Because even though they don't like each other's attitudes very much Eldar set everything aside in the name of preserving their race and work together very closely. Basically their superiority complex over other races lets them do it.
>>
>>47168171

They are intimately familiar with each others tactics and can work together smoothly when they find a reason to.
>>
>>47168171
desperate times. it's like the times when the french and english joined up for wars despite a lot of battles between them. better the devil you know

>>47167949
not gonna lie after getting smacked by grey knights once i'm not gonna show any mercy to any player and pull out all the tricks
>>
>>47168227
>not gonna lie after getting smacked by grey knights once i'm not gonna show any mercy to any player and pull out all the tricks
sounds pretty cunty (to be honest)
>>
File: 1458195592090.jpg (71 KB, 563x587) Image search: [Google]
1458195592090.jpg
71 KB, 563x587
>>47168082
>The ork in xenology got thrown in a cell and became obese
Truly a fate worse than death for an ork.
>>
>>47168265
i never said i was a nice anon and getting a few dreadknights in my face turn 1 blowing up my casual list puts things in perspective
>>
>>47168158
Probably not, it's pretty obscure and probably shit.

Good luck though
>>
>>47168158
Rapier laser destroyers and tanks.
>>
>>47167879

>Eldar 100% are elves in space and are not any more uniquene than necrons.
>Eldar are nothing like High Elves other than being elves and sharing Gods
>Necrons crib all their motifs and themes from Eldar as well as being shoe horned awkwardly into their lore

Your faction's entire relevance is based on being a parasite to another faction.
>>
>>47168181
GW and eBay are pretty much it.

If you do all Orks it might get boring without variation. Especially with identical lists.
>>
Just finished reading 15 hours.

Kind of want to make an Angri-World IG army. How would you go about doing it?

The Russ is based on a tractor STC right? So maybe all footsloggers and Russes.

What color scheme though. I'm tempted to paint the Russ's Yellow and Green.
>>
>>47168332
>The Russ is based on a tractor STC right?
WHAAAAAT?
Source right the fuck now
>>
>>47168302
I don't feel it comes across as particularly bad, but I'm coming out of playing Sisters exclusively for the last 6-7 years so my perception is warped.

>>47168321
Russes were already on my list of things I need. I'm a bit partial to Banewolves and Hellhounds too. Anything else you recommend?

>>47168352
Not that Anon but I'm pretty sure it was in a Guard Codex at some point.
>>
>>47168352
His butt.

It's another meme that gets parroted around so much that people start believing it.
>>
>>47168352
I vaguely remember hearing/reading this too at some point.

>a lot of STCs are actually just things "re-purposed" by the Ad-Mech
>>
>>47168379
I'm pretty sure it was in a Codex, don't think it was mentioned in the current one, but I can check.
>>
>>47168149
>female marine territory

You mean entirely possible, must not in the way most people want?

Because female chaos marines are totally feasible.
>>
>>47168424
>entirely possible
Go fuck yourself.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 51

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.