[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Looking for a game.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
File: Necromancer.jpg (82 KB, 500x369) Image search: [Google]
Necromancer.jpg
82 KB, 500x369
I got into D&D almost a year ago. I enjoyed creating a character and adventuring but my DM was terrible, This guy watched too much anime so almost every reoccurring character was some 12 year old girl that was all powerful. His idea of humor was "oh your character is felt up by a gay dwarf" or "you wake up the wrong gender". I'm looking for a DM that doesn't do that.
>>
>>47150823
Do it yourself.
>>
Well OP, if nobody else shows up, you can ring me up on Skype and we'll try it. I don't have any DMing XP, but I guess I have to try it sometime.

Skype name: ilia.tchaplinski
>>
>>47150823
why can't you D&D weirdos just play video games like normal nerds?

then you wouldn't have to keep moaning about how your playing partners are doing it wrong
>>
>>47150842
I'm not experienced enough. I'm still kinda iffy on some rules.
>>
>>47150871
There's more freedom in D&D, plus we do both.
>>
>>47150877
Edition?
>>
If anyone else wants to join in, the skype's up here: >>47150848

Game's going to be 3.5, most likely, unless another DM shows up or the group decides to go WFRP 2e, Eclipse Phase, or Dark Heresy/Rogue Trader.

Date & time will be Sunday afternoons starting at 13:00 EST.
>>
>>47151035
3.5 or 5.
>>
>>47151165
In that case, just wing it.
The rules will end up working against you most of the time, anyway.
>>
>>47151208
I'm just looking for a group honestly.
>>
>>47151237
I personally hate playing online, I love the dice and face to face interaction.
If you don't want to play online, either through Skype or PbP, check your local gamestores, librarys, and community colleges for game groups. More often than not they have weekly sessions you can join. You might have a few rough experiences, but once you find a good group that shares what you are looking for in tabletop its all worth it.

In any case, the bad experiences you have will only help you, and you might get a few stories to share in That Guy/Dm threads. You might learn new systems and find you enjoy new genres. Always try new things.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.