[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Malifaux General: Hard to Kill Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 9
File: as opposed to metal gamins.jpg (97 KB, 472x512) Image search: [Google]
as opposed to metal gamins.jpg
97 KB, 472x512
Last thread:
>>46986772

Books:
https://mega.nz/#F!M9dyDTrI!eNYCwqvg4iPWy_z-M0P9dw

Book 1 - Basic Rules and first wave of updated (from 1st edition of malifaux) models
Book 2 - Second wave of updated models
Book 3 - Campaign system and new M2E models

Through the Breach Fated Almanac - Basic rules for the RPG set in Malifaux
Through the Breach Fatemaster Almanac - GM stuff for the RPG

So. Any ETA on the Book 3 releases?
>>
>>47150436
Webstores have them up for pre order with release dates of summer/fall. My hope is we have everything from book 3 by year's end.
>>
>>47152039
That'd be nice, but it's been a while(?) since the book came out and we have... Crossroads 7 and the new starter. I'd love some Ice Dancers.
>>
>>47153082
It looks like the last of Book 2's releases are hitting in the next few months, so hopefully Book 3 by the end of the year. Definitely the Effigies, since we've seen all the sculpts for them by now. I'm also hoping to hear more about Book 4 at Gencon. That and the Other Side.
>>
>>47153082
I want those emissaries so bad. Hayreddin too, just because I love his concept.
>>
File: 565.jpg (34 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
565.jpg
34 KB, 540x960
wip of the base for my grorious daimyo
>>
While we're on the topic of wave 3 models, which one are you looking forward to the most? Have you tried them in games?
>>
are there any good youtube channels for batreps? all i can find are people talking into tin cans and waving camcorders around like epileptic retards
>>
>>47155036
Any of the oni models. I don't play 10T, but I might start a crew when the Book 4 crew is released.
>>
I just saw at my game store some boxes (Lucius and his lawyers and some burlesque troupe and others) and I was smitten by the design and the quality of the models.

What is a good start for a noob like myself? What should I get?
>>
I'd just like to say, fuck whoever designed the new Abuela, may he shit barbed wire.
>>
>>47156707
Start by picking a faction. Take a look at what models are in each one, find the ones that you really like. Next step is to either buy a crew box or if you have someone that'd split it with you, pick up the 2 player starter, and play some small games.
>>
>>47155036

Looking forward to the Mechanical Porkchop, since the positive twists on charge attacks could be fun. Spawn Piglets with Ulix off Old Major, fire off squealing missiles with silly numbers of flips.

I tried Survivors with Mah Tucket because their "shooting" attack still uses Ml and thus qualifies for her buffs: it's not bad, but having such low health even with Armor and HtK puts a damper on using Reckless, which hurts quite a bit because their walk isn't so great.
>>
>>47156421
Wargame girl has some.
>>
File: mastersxfactions.jpg (648 KB, 1998x1590) Image search: [Google]
mastersxfactions.jpg
648 KB, 1998x1590
>>
>>47159307
Thank you!

I'm thinking about Hoffman or Leviticus, Robots seem cool enough
>>
I have access to a FLGS for the next few days. What do I want to supplement my Hoffman and Collodi boxes? I have Lucius also but I have enough models to make him work in most scenarios. More concerned with the Collodi one, as I don't have many Neverborn models.

I was going to keep an eye out for a peacekeeper for Hoffman. As for Collodi I was thinking a brutal effigy and a coryphee. I'm unsure though. What models would be good to pick up for these?
>>
>>47163674
I'd personally suggest Hoffman. Levi is good, but takes a bit to wrap your head around for someone just starting out. And you can always building into him later with Hoffman's bots.
>>
>>47163992
Thank you anon, I will follow your advice
>>
>>47156421

Guerilla Miniature Games
>>
>>47163954
Collodi wants some effigies, stitched, coryphee, and something big like Lazarus. All the puppets, all the constructs, all the buffs, all the AP.

Hoffman wants the Ramos box for tasty constructs.
>>
>>47162344
Wargamer girl has a really annoying cadence when she speaks.
Sounds like she's reading, and it irritates the crap out of me.
Also the vids are overly long.

>>47165998
GMG, on the other hand, edits tightly and talks like he wants to be there, and despite the odd rules slip makes interesting-to-watch vids.
>>
>>47156421
I'd put another vote in for GMG, his stuff is usually really entertaining.
>>
File: TooManyMans.jpg (2 MB, 3133x1762) Image search: [Google]
TooManyMans.jpg
2 MB, 3133x1762
This went up in the previous WIP thread but I'll chuck it here too.

This was my last 3 weeks of work. Right of the ruler are fully done and ready for bases.
Left need cleaning and assembly still.

Have almost everything Ressers can take now. Got Yan Lo and McMorning box, hanged, malifaux child and Yin on sprue ready for work.
Missing a bunch of mercs too.
>>
>>47165998
Some of the best battle reports I've watched. Very well done.
>>
>>47150436
How do I find people to play with? Local group has been a no-show for weeks.
>>
>>47171136

I believe the Wyrd forums support a Vassal scene.

Might also want to look on Facebook groups to see if anyone else is playing near you.
>>
>>47168537
Damn negro.
I hope you bought that all in a job lot and are motivated as fuck, because if that were me it would be A grade ingredients for twentypainted models and a whole lot of never-touched.
>>
File: desperatemercmale.jpg (65 KB, 896x600) Image search: [Google]
desperatemercmale.jpg
65 KB, 896x600
Is Wyrd not a well-liked company among the semi-pro games community?

I ask because I can find metric tonnes fo stuff on YouTube for Privateer Press, the various Star Wars games, loads of Bolt Action, even shedloads of Warzone (which I thought was still pretty nichethis time round), bits of Gates of Antares, but very very little Malifaux by anyone with any sort of catalogue or decent production values.
It seems like it's being avoided, given that I had thought it was getting reasonably big.

Also, any recommendations for YooToobers that do Malifaux content besides WGG and GMG?
>>
File: 20160510_010152.png (2 MB, 1080x1082) Image search: [Google]
20160510_010152.png
2 MB, 1080x1082
is this spooky?
>>
>>47173823
Don't know about spooky, but i like the scheme.

>>47173740
I'm honestly not sure, I've thought the same thing myself. All I can really think of is that it's not suited for the same style of tournament play that Warmahordes or Star Wars is, even though it's clearly styled for such in some ways.
>>
>>47173823
If you want spooky add some glow in the eye and between the bones, even a subtle glow will go a long way.

Really like the scheme though.
>>
>>47173882
>not suited for the same style of tournament play
See, I've heard people say that, and maybe it was true of earlier versions, but as far as I can tell M2E is very, very well balanced and errata'd, and it doesn't take as long/much longer to play, does it?
Most of the full-play vids of Warmachine (which people talk about as the main rival) seem to take about the same 90-150 minutes to play.

Disclaimer, I've only played a couple of games of M2E, none of the previous versions, but I've listened to virtually all of the podcasts going.

>>47173823
That's pretty spoopy, ja.
Not bad at all.
>>
>>47174011
I meant more in the sense that there's a lot of rules with unique names despite them doing the same thing. There's more bookkeeping in this game than any other wargame I've played, and in a tournament environment that's a very hard sell.
>>
How the fuck do I get hold of a Guild faction deck? I'm making basically every wave 1 Guild model out of a puppet wars boxes and I'm well on the way to like 50-100 SS. But I need the cards, which aren't in stock any where in the UK.

How the fuck do I get these cards?
>>
>>47175904
Wargame Vault sells print on demand decks and singles
>>
>>47175904
They're not in print anymore. You can order them from Wargame vault.
>>
>>47174011

What a coincidence--I was just going to find the general Malifaux thread to ask a similar question.

Warmahodes player here. Buddy of mine and I bought into Malifaux for a change up.

Love the game and setting so far, seems to be a blast...the only thing we don't get so far is the time. It seems like our game takes quite awhile, even if we aren't looking up rules as often now.

I can only attribute this to the card flipping mechanism--with the ability to 'modify' or 'cheat' every roll of the dice so to speak.

So--any long term players have some advice to speed up play? Again, we aren't looking up rules really that often and we are experienced Warmahordes players (usually on a death clock in that game). Is there a good, fast way to do result modifications in this game? I think that's where we get tripped up a bit--when we start asking each other what are totals are again after negative;positive flips. Open to anything else though..
>>
>>47176785

Part of it depends on what you're playing: summoners on either side tend to go long simply because they tend to ignore some level of attrition, meaning more activation later in the game than you would have otherwise. That said, a good 50 SS game of Malifaux will take roughly around the same time as a 50 point Mk2 game, albeit probably on the lower end (I've done tournament games in about 90-100 minutes including crew selection and setup, but I play Gremlins which makes every game rocket tag so YMMV).

>>47174011

There's a relatively active competitive community (particularly in the UK IIRC), but I think a lot of it simply has to do with having a smaller community: WM/H has kind of been the default other "big" miniature game if you wanted off of GW's wild ride, but I think GW going full nanners and some Mk2 ennui has caused people to branch out a bit and caused an influx into some other games.
>>
>>47177581
>I play Gremlins
Why? I've never gotten an answer other than "I think they're funny".
>>
>>47177581

Our games are Dreamer vs. Lilith usually. I play Dreamer--but not summoning Dreamer (Other than DayDreams)--usually go Chompy Dreamer.

As an aside, Lilith's Shadow spell is pretty insane :). And I'm a Warmahordes player, used to "WHAT DOES YOUR FEAT DO?!" moments.
>>
>>47177625

Because:
-I like my armies irreverent (one of my Ogrun Warmongers is swinging a Shredder, for example), but...
-having 3 AP on demand on half your faction is really good in a game with turn limits, and which also gives you a lot of power in either the offensive or scheme/strat game
-3ss significant models
-Getting Red Joker Dumb Luck damage flips is a good way to turn your opponent's smile upside down, especially when you BOOM HEADSHOT their master for 14 damage with Raphael
-Random, but not excessively so. You can either use buff/synergy models to control what randomness is present, or you can use the wide variety of Gremlin models who are consistent and don't rely on Bayou suit roulette
-People assume you're a lol-monkey cheese-random 40k Ork player, and so are surprised when you start dismantling their crew with the cold efficiency you learned from playing in WM/H tournaments against high ranking con tourney players

>>47177797

There are definitely some adjustments from WM/H that keep getting me: relatively large threat/movement ranges for the size of the table is a big one, especially since (unlike WM/H) a lot of offensive moement shenanigans work on friendly models.
>>
>>47177860

No doubt, the first time I pushed Teddy with three different models and slung him across the board I had to read the cards 3 times to make sure it worked that way.

The other big adjustment I've noticed is things...don't just die like Warmahordes. I'm used to delivering a heavy and saying "Ok, that's dead now what did I trade for".

Doesn't happen in this game so far..
>>
>>47177930

>The other big adjustment I've noticed is things...don't just die like Warmahordes.

Yeah, there's less emphasis on piece trading. Part of it is alternating activations (so you have fewer opportunities to really kneecap someone without them being able to respond), part of it is being able to cheat to protect important models, and another part is that a large chunk of schemes don't really reward you for killing and a lot of the elite models are balanced around that assumption. I've found that in certain pools it's more worthwhile to tie down dangerous models like Ashes and Dust or Howard Langston because keeping them CC'ed is more efficient AP-wise than it is to try and chip through their health and armor.
>>
>>47172677
I was a first ed player but never did much with them.
Got a buch of crews becuase I liked the models but had just moved away from my gaming club.
Getting up to speed with the plastics now.
>>
>>47173740
From my experiance it doesn't seem to be liked amounst heavy tournament players of other things because you can't math-hammer a broken list together that will fuck up most everything. (There are a couple of very flexable masters though)

High level play relies on good performance and really good positioning of models. Which ironically you'd think compeditive people would like.

Because you build your list after learning objectives you need to understand your faction models and how they work. Putting the most murdery shit together will only work sometimes. I guess that doesn't appeal.
>>
>>47175904
The wyrd website still has it for print on demand.

That means they wait for say 20 or so orders then they run a print batch. Send them an email and they can tell you how long the wait might be.
Their customer service is really top notch.

Other option is asking your gaming buddies or on your local area forum if anyone has a spare.

I've been slowly chipping away at a printable set. But it will likely be as far away as any print on demand order.
>>
>>47176785
It's all about learning your crews. You just get better at your quck positioning etc. Over the course of a game those few seconds every activation saved can add up to a lot.

As for positive and negative flips, I just stack the rest of the cards under the winning one (lowest for neg, highest for pos) that way from there on you just treat it like normal (remembering you can't cheat a neg)
Also always call out your totals, not what you flipped. Your opponent will know from their card what they need to beat it.

The other thing that speeds up play a whole lot is knowing when you'd even want to cheat at all. It's very much ok to let something die if those cards would score you VP elsewhere, "what will actually get me VP" needs to be your central mantra.
>>
>>47177625
Depending on your meta malifaux is a very happy game. Most people I know have a lot of fun with it.

And because it's so balanced gremlins have plenty of nasty shit that can wreck the opponent. And out activating your opponent can be HUGE. So as with anything in this game you just take the faction you like because it has appropriate stuff to win any match if you have the skill.

So 'They're fun / They're cool/ They're cute' are all 100% valid choices in this game.
>>
What's everyone working on at the moment?
I'm tossing up whether to do a Seamus or a Kirai crew at the moment. Prepping the models for both.
>>
>>47181037
I've hit a roadblock with snowstorms fleshy face colour and have put him aside for a bit.
>>
>>47181364
What's your issue? Got a pic?
>>
File: 20160510_205835.jpg (858 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
20160510_205835.jpg
858 KB, 2048x1152
Is this standard practice for anyone else?
These are all about 30mm so they make great scheme markers on the cheap.
>>
>>47181671

Brilliant,
>>
>>47181671

So stealing that idea.
>>
>>47181037
Trying to finish painting all of my henchmen for Ressers. I've got Sybelle, Philip, and Sebastian left, of the ones I own. I'm doing a top-down thing, since I just finished painting my last unpainted master (Seamus).
>>
>>47181037

I have the Kin and Bushwackers at various stages of completion. Really just need to finish at least one Gremlin master already.

Sebastian and Izamu also need a bath since I've fucked them up.
>>
>>47164067
Leveticus is much better, get some rats to burn your opponent's activations and snipe a critical cog in their machine.
>>
>>47173740
From what I've seen, hyper competitive/competent players end up leaving when they identify problems (some times as early as the betas) see how slowly Wryd moves, how bizarre their fixes can be, and how insanely devoted the forums are to the idea that Malifaux is inherently balanced (but must be proved imbalanced.) Kind of a sad cycle as it's happened from as far back as 1st Ed.
>>
>>47185645
Such as?
>>
>>47186124
The rat factory
>>
>>47186662
I can only speak to my local scene, but the rat factory/killjoy bomb isn't a thing here. Everyone's tried it, but it's too easy to stop or just work around.

I don't know if it's a balance thing or more caused by the disparate communities with their own metas.
>>
>>47187086
There is going to be a lot of variation just with terrain and player skill.
Which versions did your playgroup run, on what kind of tables, and what made them feel it was easy to stop?
>>
>>47176785
>when we start asking each other what are totals are again after negative;positive flips.
Git gud at mental arithmetic and call it out as soon as you know your total and then immediately call out who cheats first. You should both already know who .needs. to win this flip, and whether it needs to be -ve/--ve/+ve
When you know which suit triggers you're looking out for before/when you flip, it shouldn't slow the game down much on that point either.

... As >>47179360 said, but I've typed it now.

>>47179129
You're right, I've always found it off putting that 40k etc. seems to be built around deathstars or cheese rather than knowing your faction (or preferably the whole game) well.

>>47181037
I'm stiiiiilll painting Colette and the Smoke and Mirrors box set.
The wife refuses to let me paint them on my own because they are a group project.
This is slowing progress significantly.

>>47181671
My pathetic hoarder mentality is uncomfortable with your box desecration.
You do know that means you can't keep that box flatpacked and pristine until you rediscover it in seven years, unsure of why you kept it, right?

>>47185645
I have to say, from discussions I've seen around the internet, Ratctivation abuse does seem like it can be avoided pretty easily by including just one or two ranged/fast rat killers.
>>
>>47187885
Sure rats are one of them, but I didn't post rats. I'm only referring to Wyrds tendency to release models and begin working on more models before all interactions are properly vetted, people on the forums tendency to shout down concerns from placing players, only for erratas to occur, to which the same horde mostly say the change wasn't significant and doesn't change how they view the model.
I'm also not saying any of the erratad or current shenanigans were/are unbeatable, just lame experiences that can significantly warp gameplay.
>>
>>47187742
It's been the pile of rats plus killjoy in otherwise standard Outcast filth.

We play pretty dense terrain, so rarely can a model see across the whole table.

The standard response to out activation has been using Df stance and similar actions to keep + flips going, being aggressive to pressure the opponent so they can't sit in a corner and "pass" activations, or overlapping defenses.

For example, I play Kirai. I can get my dudes all positioned to score or whatever turn 1, maybe slingshot Izamu if I want to put the fear of God into my opponent. I do my stuff all the the malevolence bubbles, so when killjoy pops out he is giving my Ikiryo. And even as killjoy is going, I can use Kirai's trigger to pass attacks on to an "immoral" seishin. So I'm like ok, thanks for wasting 13SS.
>>
>>47188233
Sorry, that's my poor reply contruction - it was meant to be an example of how these things seem to work themselves out pretty quickly, but I do agree that these wombocombos and broken lists cleaning out tournaments does rather suggest that Wyrd could broaden their sanctioned playtester base.

And yes, there is a tendency to rationalise away concerns like yours - I was halfway through typing one up before I realised that that was what I was doing.

I can definitely see how someone transferring from a more tightly-managed balance system (like I understand WarmaHordes to be) at the wrong stage of that new-unit cycle could have some pretty negative game and forum experiences.

>>47188358
>ok, thanks for wasting 13SS.
This is the big balance factor that I've seen broughtup most often - Killjoy is expensive as fuck, and being able to do shit like this is exactly why, but he can also be shut down if you can see it coming (and there's usually no excuse not to see him coming).
>>
>>47188358
It's a bit easier for a master like Kirai, but the mid to low tier (and even some of the more specialized high tier) masters dont have it so easy. Even then, nothings unbeatable and it has a specific purpose, removing an important cog and threatening to cleanup while gathering VP. If you are able to protect your cogs, that's good. The position jockeying and pressure continues until they find a hole/break through to remove the cog or you have successfully stopped their strategy. We're just talking hypotheticals here, but in the one you give it sounds like they popped to soon and potentially on the wrong target.
>>
it might sound strange, but show me the coolest kimono I could paint for my toshiro the daimyo!
>>
>>47189030
I would have it match the overarching theme, or is everyone going to be different?
>>
What is the average soulstone count for this game?
>>
>>47190372
>>
>>47188823
warmahordes is hardly tightly balanced. Inter-faction maybe, but the disparities in power levels within factions is ridiculous, there were models shit from the beginning of mk2 till now, years later. And we'll see if there are straight up unviable models in mk3.
>>
>>47191020
I'm hoping it shapes up better in MKIII, some of my favorite models are ones that suck in MKII. I'm looking at you, Bloodrunners and Rhinodons.
>>
>>47187885
Haha I'm very aware of not being able to keep it. And I'm fine with that. I'm actively avoiding my hoarding tendencies.

I harvest markers and the packed by sticker, I write the model name and the WYR number on it just in case I realise a bit is missing later.
Then the sprues get stacked ready for work.

I'm the anon that posted the table full of models I'm cleaning. I don't have room for boxes with they amount of shir I collect :p
>>
File: IMG_0111.jpg (691 KB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0111.jpg
691 KB, 3264x2448
pigs arrived earlier today, a whole day earlier than I expected. gonna prime them tomorrow and I am super excited to paint 'em!
>>
>>47194062
oh and a rando gremlin was also in the box, no idea why but it was a nice surprise, I think I will name him Dibbly
>>
Anyone here use Vassal?
>>
I managed to nab an Aionus from my FLGS. I'm chuffed but freaking out about what I should do with him. I rarely ever paint anything limited edition.

Thinking I might want to take apart a watch or clock or something for a basing scheme.

Anybody here got any good ideas as to what to do with him?
>>
Group looking to get into this game. Start small with just a leader box then build up to 50 points is what it sounded like.

I read the choosing a master thing and Nicodem, Seamus and Yan Lo sound interesting. Any recommendations?
>>
>>47190063
anything goes
>>
>>47196757
Yeah, the crews are a good place to start. You need them, and it gives you enough to play some small games. It only takes a few more models to expand to 50 pts. from most crew boxes.
>>
>>47197356
That is good. Any of those masters broke? OP or just bad either way.
>>
>>47196757
Picking your favourite is the way to go.

However be warned if you go ressers you need most of the range if you want to go summon heavy. If you are on a budget Seamus needs the least extra stuff as he is light on summons.
>>
>>47197603
Yan Lo has the most 'tricks' but all those masters have a style they follow.

Seamus teleports around and wrecks shit. Nicodem summons tons of stuff and buffs his units. And Yan lo has some summons and stacks a resource he can spend.

Yan lo can also be played as a ten thunders master so you get a large model pool.
>>
File: Nicodem.jpg (47 KB, 405x563) Image search: [Google]
Nicodem.jpg
47 KB, 405x563
>>47196757
Pick the one you like the best. Failing that: The one you most like the look of. That way: if you don't like the game you always have a cool thing to display.

You should also know that Nicodem summons dudes. Pic Related. This means that you'll probably need to buy a bunch to make him work. I don't know how it works -- never played against or with a summoner -- but I think you'd need one box (Or some kind of proxy, just make sure you have the right base size) from each cell. Perhaps somebody with more knowledge can explain how it would actually work. This is probably more entry cost than you want but you can just use cardboard circles with letters on them if you so wish. Just make sure your players know what the proxies represent.
>>
>>47196176
He works well with a Tara for bury shenanigans. He works well with Dreamer passing out fast and your numbers get boosted by summons.
>>
>>47196176

Aionus actually is fairly common for a limited edition. I've seen some at my local store, and on ebay he's going for his original $15 pricetag.

I'm sure you'll be fine anon, but if you bust it with a hammer or whatever finding a replacement won't be hard.
>>
I started a campaign for my group. 6 weeks.

My starting arsenal:
Sybelle
Valedictorian
Carrion Emissary
Rotten Belle

I've also got Spare Parts on hand if necessary.

First game was against 10T. Sensei Yu w/ Wandering River Style, Yamaziko, Lone Swordsman, and a Sniper. Our weekly event is the Lonely Traveler.

Carrion used those pillars to control the table, letting in one model at a time. He also finished off the Swordsman and farmed 4 scrip off the traveler. Valedictorian killed Yamaziko and scored 3VP for Covert Entourage. I summoned 3 zombies, a Dead Doxy, and got off the Rogue Necromancy, which killed the sniper.

In the end, some of the weebs got injured (Yamaziko -2 Wp, Swordsman gives up bonus scrip next time he dies), Valedictorian got + flips to melee, I got a Bounty for summoning 12SS in 2 games, and my Mausoleum now gives me a free corpse turn 1.
>>
>>47197743
>>47196757
So, summoners (since you're looking at ressers). Basically, each summoner has an ability that allows them to name a model and try to hit a TN, usually the model's soulstone cost+10 and 2 Crow suits on the cast. If this succeeds, the model you named is summoned. Summoned models take half their wounds in damage, are Slow (have -1 AP the turn they're summoned) and cannot take interact actions the turn they're summoned as well.

The similarities between summoners end here, though. Most summoners require corpse markers to summon. Corpse markers are dropped when living or undead models die. Summoners in ressers that use corpses are Seamus, Nicodem, Toshiro, and the Spare Parts upgrade that can go on any master. Molly is a summoner, but does not use corpse markers at all. Instead, her models take all of their health in damage when summoned, but prevent one damage per enemy model within 3" of the summoned model. Kirai also does not use corpse markers, but instead has to summon her spirits in base to base of a friendly model, then the summoned model takes half its wounds in damage, while the friendly model in b2b takes the other half. Karina (Tara's henchman) throws all of the rules out. She summons models that are not slow, not hurt, and do not need corpse markers to summon. However, at the end of the turn when the model is summoned, it gains slow, takes half of its total wounds in damage, and is buried.

Lastly, each summoner has a range of models that it can summon. Seamus, for example, can only summon Belle minions. Molly can summon Belles and either Horrors or Spirits depending on upgrade. Kirai can only summon Spirits. Nicodem can summon anything with the Undead characteristic. Spare Parts can only be used to summon Guild Autopsies and the Rogue Necromancy. Toshiro can only summon Ashigaru and Komainu. Karina can only summon horrors.

Summoning is kind of a weird mechanic because there's very little consistency between how each summoner works.
>>
How many scheme markers should one have?

If somebody is playing a robot dude or a corpse guy how many scrap markers or corpse markers will that person need?

What do you guys use? Any other requirements apart from the 30mm base size?
>>
>>47199045
You probably won't need more than 6-8 scheme markers, barring exceptional circumstances. For Corpses/Scrap, honestly I have 7 of each and i always run out of corpse markers/never run out of scrap. 10 corpses is probably gonna be more than enough though. I got my markers from Advanced Deployment.
>>
>>47199045
I just got the translucent bases from Wyrd. Red for corpses, blue for scrap, purple for schemes.
>>
I got the vast majority of my collection stolen last week. Shit sucks.

Going into overdrive trying to make the best of it, trying to make my replacements blow the old ones away
>>
>>47199337
Oh shit that sucks. How did they get stolen?
>>
>>47199337
That blows, man. Same thing happened to a friend of mine. We helped him scour craigslist, eBay, and pawn shops. We recovered some of it, but not all. Thankfully, he had insurance and got a nice big check to replacd it all.
>>
>>47198904
The only thing all summons have is they are slow and can't interact, the half wounds is specific summons only, like Nicodems.
>>
>>47199432
Out of the car, sadly.

>>47199510
We're doing the same, but no luck yet. We're filing an insurance claim so that'll help.
>>
>>47199045

I've been thinking of getting a pack of those Kingdom Death face base toppers and using them for corpse markers.
>>
>>47177625
>>47177625
Reasons I like gremlins:
-The hillbilly goblin aesthetic is cool
-I like horde factions. Gremlins tend to be dirt cheap, and then a whole bunch of them can get extra activations for not much.
-I like the risk vs reward thing they have going on. It's /fun/ for me.
-Ophelia Lacroix Is My Waifu.
>>
Hey, I have Colette and I was looking into expanding into Ironsides. I just fucking love any character that fights with their fists. I already have some December Acolytes and Angelica. What would go well with Ironsides?
>>
>>47201068

Joss and Howard Langston
Gunsmiths
>>
>>47201068
Willie is a good choice, since he can easily put your minions into a few wounds and set up Hand Picked Men. Howard and Joss are monsters and good in almost any crew. Gunsmiths are nasty with the Hand Picked Men on, and I like Union Miners from a thematic perspective (they're not terrible either, Hand Picked Men helps them out a lot).
>>
>>47201068
Johan is a good pick in any crew with M&SU models. Arcane Emissary with Ironsides' conflux is very good.
Thread replies: 104
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.