[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warhammer 40k General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 47
File: 1450606924896.jpg (358 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1450606924896.jpg
358 KB, 1024x768
You'll Never Ride A Reaver Jetbike Edition

>Rules databases
https://mega.co.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ
https://kat.cr/warhammer-40k-pdf-library-t9575373.html

>FAQs
http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Rules-Errata

>40k 7th edition quick reference sheet(s)
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef_V7.pdf

>Forgeworld Book index
http://www.dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>White Dwarves
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/tx4hcy4u487pv/WD

>Novels (Working link as of 02/02/2016)
https://mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q
>>
>>47135689
First for dude where's my fighter?
>>
File: image.jpg (157 KB, 600x1078) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
157 KB, 600x1078
THIS THREAD HAS BEEN FORTIFIED!
>>
Secons for put genestealer back.
>>
>>47135745
It was never there.
>>
>>47135745
>Genestealer
What Genestealer, loyal citizen of the Imperium? There is no Xenos presence here but the sanctioned fauna that we have brought with us.

Onto more serious discussions, however. Provided GW does go the way of making the new flyer rules and Dogfight phase non-supplemental, how do we feel the meta will be affected?
>>
File: ORKS.png (39 KB, 626x551) Image search: [Google]
ORKS.png
39 KB, 626x551
>Orks
>I2
>s3
>bs2
>ld7
>6+
>av 10
>no invulnerable saves
>pay twice the points everyone else does for similar equipment but has half the ability to use it
>>
>>47135689
Where is chickin?
>>
>>47135806
Are you trying to make a joke, clinically retarded or both?
>>
>>47135651
>reply to a post hours later after that anon left

Man, you are either a coward or someone really petty.
>>
What if Tzeentch is the true Benefactor of the Tau rise so he can become as powerful as he used to be during the Dark Age of Technology full of Hope and Wonder?
>>
Praise the Omnisaah, btw new codex when pls GW
>>
>>47135823
Not there. The same autist has been making the threads because the chicken and tau face trigger him.
Just don't make a big deal about it and wait a while and the chicken will be back.
>>
Is there's some strategy that the Eldar can't handle?
>>
>>47135890
What if your hand was a scorpion?
>>
>>47135846

Gotta have the last word anon. /tg/ did not become the most baitable board on 4chan by not replying to things.
>>
>>47135689
I have to know OP, what's with the mouths?
I understand why the tau face and chicken are controversial, but why would someone edit the mouthes out? How could anyone be bothered by that?
>>
>>47135917
What sort of eldar, what lineup, what deployment, who has first turn, what enemy?
>>
>>47135917
Siege and attrition?
>>
>>47135855
According to the Iron Hand in the "Infinite Circuit", he can feel the mirth and mocking contempt of the stasis'ed Necron entity in the story.

Also the Admech were using it as a power source and subject of worship.

http://www.blacklibrary.com/all-products/ad-mech-infinite-circuit-ebook.html
>>
>>47135890
Probably unlikely considering the Tau have explicitly less psychic presence and therefore their emotional runoff is lesser than that of Humans, and drastically lesser of that than the race of Psykers the Imperium may one day possess.
>>
>>47135846
No, it's called me leaving to go out before he replied and replied back.

I'm sorry I don't stay all day on /40kg/ arguing with people who don't understand simply things, perhaps he's on the spectrum, I don't know.
>>
>>47135940
It was a joke, someone notices if they removed their gaping mouths they instead got frownyfaces.

I did the edit and people have run with it occasionally.
>>
>>47135968
Let it go, you autist, let it go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OC83NA5tAGE
>>
>>47135939
/tg/ is far from the most baitable board.
Go onto /pol/, for instance, post some image or article that argues against the beliefs on /pol/ (so any thing that goes against the west, consertive values, christanity, capitalism or any of the ideas of the alt-right and libertarian factions that make up the majority of the board), the stupider or more easily debunked the better, and type in big letters at in the topic bar and at the bottom:
/pol/ ABSOLUTELY BTFO.
And watch as you get hundereds of replies.

/tg/ isn't great, but we're far from the most baitable.
>>
>>47136003
I'm cool, I was having a discussion with him, I wasn't mad or angry, it just seemed rude, I had to pop out for the family.

Whatever. Life goes on.
>>
>>47135966

If they were alone, yes, but what about the dozens of subject races that bring with them?
>>
>>47136003
Different anon, but by replying to him you're proving your own inability to Let It Go
>>
Whats the best chinaman if CCON doesn't have what I'm looking for ? Thx.
>>
>>47135966
Tzeentch is big on prophecy. Farsight is destined to succumb to madness and emerge as the Mont'shaar. It's strongly hinted that it's due Chaos corruption.

Anyway, Mont'shaar means the "Terror that burns dark". Ahra who is a fallen Eldar PL is said to have burned with the dark flame of Chaos.

Coincidence?
>>
>>47135947
this, ow so this. While eldar has some stupid op options, once you get past those it's actually a decent codex in that it has a fair variety of different options among all the other things.

Take out wraithknights, scytheguard, warpspiders, and make bikes back to 1 heavy weapon per 3 and the codex would be one of the best releases in recent years.
>>
>>47136079
Do what I say not what I do
>>
If there's librarian dreads and chaplain dreads, where's the Techmarine Dreadnought?
>>
>>47136114
Just because Tzeentch might be messing with them doesn't mean he's using them to return to his former power.
Mankind would be far better for that. Heck, it wouldn't supprise me if he's made sure that one planet with all the psykic STCs is completely fine even though it's a daemon world, just so mankind can jumpstart their progress again.
>>
Help me choose a 3rd army

I have CSM and Orks
>>
>>47136235

Tyranids, complete the set.
>>
>>47136235
What's your favorite chaos god?
>>
>>47136235
Guard.
>>
>>47136258
Slaanesh. My emperors children double as a 30k and 40k army
>>
Posted this a couple of threads ago but got no input. Copy pasting for opinions.

How's this list looking for starting DE? I only own a Venom and 20 Kabalites, but I'm getting a nice bit of cash and am gonna splurge on an order. Everything that isn't 20 Kabalites and 1 Venom is what will potentially be on the order. I own the 20 warriors, but I don't want to pay $40 for Incubi, so I'll wait for the chinamen to come around for those, so I'll be proxying 4 of the Warriors as Incubi.

DE Realspace Raiders

Archon: Huskblade, Kabalite Armour, Shadow field, Soul-trap, Splinter Pistol, The Armour of Misery

Incubi: 3 Incubi and Klaivex with Double Splinter Cannon Venom

10 Kabalite Warriors in a Raider, Dark Lance, Blaster. Raider: Dark Lance, Enhanced Aethersails, Nightshield, Splinter Racks

5 Kabalites in Double splinter cannon venom with a blaster.

Scourges: 4 Haywire, Solarite with Lance and Blast Pistol

Triple Dark Lance Ravager, Nightshields, Aethersails.

Dark Artisan Formation:

Plain Jane Chronos

Haemonculus: Agoniser, Flesh Gauntlet, Liquifier Gun, The Vexator Mask

Talos: Agoniser, Flesh Gauntlet, Liquifier Gun, The Vexator Mask

Total 1325. Planning a 2v2 with Harlequins as the ally.
>>
>>47136258
Malal.
>>
>>47136176

Tzeentch is schizophrenic with his plans. His plots often contradict each other. It wouldn't be strange if he had a dozen plans like this with the Tau having lasted longer.
>>
>>47136258

The Emperor.
>>
>>47136235
Probably daemonkin
>>
File: Smoking Ork.jpg (10 KB, 236x228) Image search: [Google]
Smoking Ork.jpg
10 KB, 236x228
>>47135802
How would you fix Orkz /tg/?
>>
>>47136235
I already recommended aspectdar

Also, going back to what was mentioned in the last thread, the new White Dwarfs adding 'once per year' to the Young King/Avatar fluff is stupid is so very many ways and should be religated to the same level as thing s CS Goto wrote.
>>
>>47136169
On mars.
>>
>>47136235
Daemons. Keep being the bad guys while getting to play a good army.
>>
>>47136382
There is no fix, only a proper rebuild will work.
>>
>>47136382
lose an attack, lower PPM by half.

More bubble nonsense
>>
>>47136395
I think it's cool. Makes the avatar more badass.
>>
>>47136395
White Dwarf regularly get fluff and stuff wrong, so I wouldn't put to much into it. Unless they explain how Eldar mark their time and thus how long a year it, is could be anything from 1 Terran standard hour to 1,000 Terran years.

Unless they meant Terran Year, then how do the Eldar mark 365 Terran days? Which goes back to 365 Terran Days could be an incredibly long or short time.

They're little snippets of fluff for people to read, I wouldn't worry to much bout it.
>>
So going to a crazy Apoc Game, looks like basically all commers vs 10000pts of nids and how ever many thousand CSM are needed to make it balanced.

So I'm thinking of brining basically every model I have as 3500pts of craft world warhost.

Core: Eldar Jethost
only core formation I have enough models for and barely. 6 normal bikes 6 heavy weapons.

3 aspect hosts
Host of Wrath: Scorps and double banshees
Host of Ruin: fire dragons and double dark reapers
Host of Victory: dire avengers double hawks (if I can finish painting my hawks, otherwise a second min squad of avengers)

Other: Hemlock, Wraithlord, fire prism

Leaders: Seer Council on foot, Avatar, and Baharroth
>>
>>47136395

Honestly the idea of having to make an Eldar sacrifice to awaken the Avatar is really dumb. Especially given the insane resource sink giving up a fucking exarch represents.

It's the sort of utterly excessive Grimdark waste you'd expect from a human.
>>
>>47136567
Get swamped and die
>>
>>47136235
i'm so sad they didn't make that version of fulgrim into something purchaseable
>>
File: Battle of Ankhabyr.png (84 KB, 1017x669) Image search: [Google]
Battle of Ankhabyr.png
84 KB, 1017x669
>>47136509
The Codex Apocrypha article is a fluff based article where the studio designers pick a topic from 40K or fantasy and write about it. Sometime it's a small panel and sometime it's a huge article.

For example the article where expanded on zahndrekh's lore and wrote down a new battle for him (picture related).

Anyways, the Eldar mention solar cycles sometimes.
>>
>>47136591
I like the hypocrisy of the Eldar making a blood sacrifice to summon something uncannily close to a Daemon of Khorne, despite being the greatest enemy of Chaos this side of the Imperium.
>>
>>47136591
I thought it was just a young male/female who was chosen by the Seer Council based on their visions, stripped naked and chucked into the room to be boiled alive?

That's not bad, that's 'grimdark' as the Eldar can't afford to do that, especially not young (and assumingly fertile) Eldar. But the fact is they need the power in the next fight, so it's worth doing it. Once upon a time, they didn't even explain what happened to an Avatar if it died. Did it have to be recovered? What happens if it went into the Warp via Vortex shit? I believe the answer was it just auto-returned to the Craftworld, which leads us back to Goto and his 'lol he's lost his weapon' thing.
>>
>>47136442
the Young King lore is already badass. Once per year makes no fucking sense. There is no 'year' on the craftworld. Other lore has them select the Young King right before the battle. One per fucking craftworld was enough to make them unique and special.

Having it be an annual thing rather than in response to crisis makes it less cool, because it's less and act of increasing desperation.

>>47136509
not so much worried, as mildly annoyed. Like someone sticking gum on the underside of your table.
>>
>>47136591
You do know aliens also worship Chaos right? They sacrifice themselves to summon daemons too.
>>
>>47136629
I know what the Codex is, are you saying it isn't little snippets of fluff or something?

Regardless, the Eldar solar cycle needs to be explained in codex. If you're knowledgable, please, tell us how long a Eldar 'year' is in relation to human time systems we have currently.
>>
>>47136601
Im trying my damnedest to sculpt that head from scratch

If I succeed I may do a small run for people on /tg/, keep an eye out
>>
>>47136677
I was talking about the Eldar in particular, in that supposedly they have a greater beef with the dark gods than anyone, and yet they still do shit like this. I know there are aliens in general that worship Chaos, but the Eldar explicitly do not (consciously)
>>
>>47136656
It's odd. Only thing I can think of is they awake it once per year in order to do an important battle, based on their Seer Councils opinion. Perhaps they don't want to risk doing it too much or can't do it too much. So the Seer Council look through to the future and work out which is the best or most needed or balance tipper time to use it?
>>
>>47136598
I'm know I'm not alone on the other side. I mean, even as good as eldar are campaired to nids, 3.5k loses to 10k.

And I fully expect to be swarmed, but fuck it. and again, this is almost every model I own. I've got about 15 guardians, and 5 more avengers and that's fucking it. I mean if I had the models I'd totally bring support batteries and full squadron of Nightspinners, but I don't.

Also, I want to see how much I can kill with the avatar before he goes down.
>>
>>47136720

Aren't their Gods artificial constructs made of pure Inmaterium? Not so different.
>>
>>47136656
>Having it be an annual thing rather than in response to crisis makes it less cool, because it's less and act of increasing desperation.

I don't you don't get it. They select an exarch each year to be the sacrifice. If a criss strikes the guy gets tossed inside the avatar room. Once the Avatar done its job, they have wait until the years end to commence the choosing ritual. That's how I get it.

It seems reasonable.
>>
File: 1327471508862.jpg (175 KB, 884x903) Image search: [Google]
1327471508862.jpg
175 KB, 884x903
Anyone got a good source for alternate models for Sonic Weapons or Daemonettes?
>>
>>47136780
I don't think*
>>
>>47136629
>teleported into stone, ripped apart by force fields
Don't necrons revive from that?
>>
>>47136866
It takes time for Necrons to reconstitute themselves after being disassembled and torn to bits like that.
>>
>>47136866
One should always assume a Necron revives from anything that doesn't outright atomize it.
>>
>>47136677
>>47136720
Khaine is an eldar god not a chaos god. This has always been the case. It's also true in fantasy.

In fantasy he was primarily worshipped by the dark elves. and in 40k he originally wasn't one of the popular eldar gods among the non-deboched and crazy. Craftworld eldar follow him because he's the only god left who they can contact, and only in a splintered state.

And the sacrifice is voluntary. More so than the psykers sacrificed to the emperor. It's a desperate act of a desperate people, sacrificing one of their own to tap into their darker desires to fight against a hostile galaxy.

>>47136758
could be. Or I can ignore this bit of fluff and stick to what's been the case for years.
>>
File: 50-52.jpg (1 MB, 2318x1608) Image search: [Google]
50-52.jpg
1 MB, 2318x1608
>The Young King is selected every year by the ritual divination of the Craftworld's Farseers

>>47136169
Where's the goddamn APOTHECARY Dreadnought.
>>
>>47136899
>Eldar fans in charge of knowing their lore
>>
>>47136896
Would orks be able to do that?
>>
>>47136899
Now I've got this great mental image of a dreadnought throwing bodies in a huge cage on his back to bring back to the fortress-monastery. Alive, dead, doesn't matter. If they can't stand, they go in the basket after getting the gene-seed from the dead ones.

>>47136930
One should always assume that no matter how improbable, anything is possible to a sufficiently motivated Ork.
>>
>>47136837
right, but that's less desperate. Because you get used to things you do every year. It's just a thing that happens. and given how the eldar have been for a long time, the aspects been somed every year for while now.

On the other hand, have it a ritual they are performing more and more, allows for ramping tension. and for the craftworld to become more distinct in how they think of the ritual.

Also, it being an exarch is ALSO new. and while that makes the sacrifice a bigger strategic lose, it makes it more strategic than personal. Sinc exarchs are basically lost to the social life of the craftworld already.
>>
>>47136987
I think a gun that shoots healing gas would suffice.
>One should always assume that no matter how improbable, anything is possible to a sufficiently motivated Ork.
This.
>>
>>47135907
Pretty sure it's not just one guy
You on the other hand, are the chicken lover

>>47136235
I would recommend one focused on shooting
You have CSM which do melee and shooting
Orks which are basically just melee plus random bullets
So something focused on shooting

>>47136285
As it stands friend, only start DE if you can find them DIRT cheap and are willing to wait for an update, they got boned real hard in the recent FAQ
Your list looks fine, can hold up to everything but min maxed faggotry
>>
>>47136899
okay, while I now see an old reference
>six exarchs
reveals that it outdated, as there are 9 shrines listed, and it's explicetly mentioned to be other aspects than those in the main codex.

Also year still doesn't fucking make sense, and strikes me as another 'GW has no idea how a fucking galaxy works' example.
>>
>>47137069
remember when stormtroopers were an elite force of 10 000 soldiers for the whole imperium ?
>>
>>47136382
Decrease cost of PK, add more melee options (some that rend, some that give extra attacks, some that could even increase I), give people a good reason to bring hordes (I like the 30k idea where there's an inbuilt discount for larger unit sizes), give them good ranged AT (fuck it, invent a gun that shoots nobz with PKs directly into combat if you want. Just something so they can actually wound a land raider from range).
THEN remove some of the self-defeating randomness. Remove don't press dat, remove the new Mob Rule, give a reroll on guns with randomized S and give orkz more options to move into close combat.
>>
>>47137063
Thanks for being the first to input. My group is getting a large order, so we're getting the stuff 30% off GW price. Even if they got boned hard, I don't play competitive, so aside from the jink shenanigans, my lances can punch through necrons now. Plus, I think it'd be better to have the stuff while it's available in case the rumored update is actually coming. I was ready to wait at least a year for my Grey Knights to get an update and we got...well...what we got...So I think if it takes long enough, it'll be good/decent.
>>
>>47137063
I dont know if I could do a shooty army. Shooting is something used to soften up units to finish them up in assault. Doing nothing but shooting just feels so.. wrong.
>>
>‘You hope to find a solution to the Grand Experiment in their genetic code,’ said Urquidex. ‘It won’t work. Veridi giganticus’ genome is structurally unstable. It is a mosaic of recombinatorial sequences and mobilisable elements, continually on the cusp of one speciation event or another. Veridi giganticus should not be at all.’

--------------------

>A map.

>The artisan trajectorae was making a map.

>The very genetic instability of Veridi giganticus was the way in. A population would be expected to accumulate sequence alterations over a very short period of time. As they moved on and established new populations, those unique alterations would be carried forward and added to, and so on. With enough samples those changes could be tracked back. The Adeptus Biologis did it all the time. Mapping the spread of viruses through hive worlds, extrapolating the evolution of newly discovered Homo subspecies at the request of the Inquisition. Thus was the grace of the Omnissiah made manifest in the base material of Its organic machines.

>Urquidex could see sample tags referenced to Ardamantua, Undine, Malleus Mundi. Hundreds, thousands of names: worlds from the breadth and span of the Imperium. The ork incursion was more widespread even than he had realised.

>‘You are looking for the orks’ home world.’

-Beast Series Book 6 "Echoes of the Long War"

It begins. The Admech are making a map to the Ork homeworld. Once it it's revealed they will loot its secrets and destroy it. This will end the Orkish threat FOREVER!
>>
>>47137063
>You on the other hand, are the chicken lover
No, I'm just a guy who doesn't want any bitching about the OP image.
and you do know that both sides are made up of more than one faggot, right? There isn't a singular chicken lover, but a bunch of morons who want the chicken, juct like there are a bunch of moron who hate the chicken.
It's a stupid silly thing, but a thing nonetheless.
>>
>>47137135
I thought the ork homeworld was already a thing, isnt that where Ghazzy came from?
>>
>>47137129
>I dont know if I could do a shooty army. Shooting is something used to soften up units to finish them up in assault. Doing nothing but shooting just feels so.. wrong.
How about assaulty Space Marines? Even Tacticals can do pretty OK in CQC simply because of 3+, S4/T4. Run them into Fire Warriors or Necron Warrios causing you trouble and mop them up with combat res.

Also any chapter can bring a melee-hero with honor guard to blend some shitheads.
>>
File: 21.jpg (766 KB, 1161x1611) Image search: [Google]
21.jpg
766 KB, 1161x1611
>>47136912
>>47137069
Admittedly, it's pretty ancient. Later descriptions make it sound like a (comparatively) more spontaneous thing, for instance the current codex:
>As the craftworld prepares for war, this psychically receptive chamber pulses with the collective battle-lust of the Eldar. The Faresers choose an Aspect Warrior, known as the Young King, to be given the honour of becoming the Avatar of Khaine.

3rd edition was another time I can remember the yearly election business coming up, the Court of the Young King in Codex: Craftworld Eldar being made up of Exarchs who'd each survived their year as the Young King. I think it's gone back and forth a bit, like whether the Young King is an Exarch or a regular Aspect Warrior, or whether Exarchs keep their bodies.
>>
>>47137135
>>47137135
>‘Veridi giganticus has somehow managed to overcome the discontinuity between efficiency and scale,’ said Van Auken. ‘Or otherwise devised a solution to circumvent the Omnissiah’s constants.’

>‘It sounds as though you admire them for it.’

>‘They are a superbly constructed species, individually adaptive, collectively diverse. They are an apex species, magos, as once we were. There is much to re-learn from them, and yes, we are not above admiration. We have narrowed their point of origin to six or seven candidate sectors. A few thousand systems at the galactic core of Ultima Segmentum.’

>Urquidex’s mind spun out a stream of hurried calculations. Stars came fast and close in the core and a few thousand systems need not, comparatively at least, cover a lot of space. A search of it would still be a massive logistical undertaking, but compared to the galaxy as a whole…

>‘Has the Imperium been informed?’

>‘The Fabricator General will apprise them if and when the timing is opportune. The Imperium is more than Terra, magos, and humanity is more than the Imperium. We must learn how Veridi giganticus operate their technology. You were there on Ardamantua. The Eleventh Universal Law applies. You have observed Veridi giganticus. They are not unknown to you.’

>Eldon nodded mutely, numbly. The instruments before him continued to gorge on the galaxy of data they were being fed. Too much to smuggle to Terra. Far too much. He had to find the world.

>One world. One word.

That, he could get to Yendl. And to Terra.

The madmen. They did. They found it.

>>47137223
Nah, it isn't. Ghaz's world was destroyed by super nova, iirc.
>>
>>47137128
So long as you're dedicated and not playing at tourney level, any army is fine. Have fun

>>47137129
Hmm then what's one thing you wish those two armies could do, but can't? Choose another army based on that.

>>47137145
>admitted he loves chickens
Thanks
>>
>>47136382

> Boyz are 60pts for the first 10, 5pts for the next 10 and 3pts for the last 10.
> While above 10-models in the unit, Wounds are allocated by the Ork player
> New range of melee weapons introduced that aren't KlawNobz
> Examples include Power Swords, Power Axes, buffed Big Choppas, Tankhammers, Bombs-on-a-stick etc.
> Embedded melee weapons in Mobz
> Actual anti-tank and low-AP shooting introduced
> Mob Rule regressed to the previous version, Bosspoles allow rerolls at the cost of beatings
> Snazzguns ditch the random AP and instead are 'build-a-gun'
> Lootas can get different weapon options including skyfire and lascannon-equivs
> Kommandos get Demo charges and cloaking tech
> Nobz get a price plummet and cheaper melee weapons
>>
File: 40kg.jpg (178 KB, 1200x569) Image search: [Google]
40kg.jpg
178 KB, 1200x569
>>47137145
>TFW you don't care which image is used as you made most of them

Personally I prefer the cleaner one.
>>
>>47137268
>Any army is fine
I love your optimism, and I'm probably a terrible player, but I've got like a 90% loss rate with GK and I've had to concede on turn 2-4 in most of those games or lose by objective points in the others. The ones I did win were complete uphill battles. Dice gods just hate my fucking guts.
>>
>>47137242
this reminds me that at some point I want (if I ever have ton of free time) to write the proper version of Path of the Warrior.

Where every time he puts on the mask his personality disappears into that of the aspect. and where becoming an exarch is treated like a funeral to the rest of the craftworld. then ending with him putting on an the exarch armor, and showing his perspective disappearing into the gestalt of the exarch.
>>
>>47137242
Snazzy helmets for aliens.
>>
>>47136249

I play csm, orks, tyranids and dark eldar
>>
>>47137268
I never once said I loved the chicken. Nor do I hate it.
I'm just pointing out that based upon the post formatting, the language used and the file names of pro-chicken posters that there's clearly more than one of them.
And now that I think about it, this OP is clearly made by somebody who doesn't care, they simp,y downloaded the last OP image used.
>>
>>47136382
>dakka dakka: for every 10 shots increase the bs of orks units by 1 up to bs4.
>'ard boyz upgrade increases strength by +1 and confers a 'ard armour (+4) unless the unit have a better one, this upgrade can be purchased by every ork unit.
>extra armour as always but also removes the open topped negative modifier to the damage table, also orkz units can buy this upgrade to increase the units armour save (6 becomes 5, 4 becomes 3+ up to 2+)
>ramshackle vehicle: ork vehicles ignore the vehicle damage table, why? There's no logic or standard construction on top of the impossible nature of most of their intentions
>megaarmour: the same but it includes an 5++ because if the indomitus terminator can have it with out force field so can the orks since they just overlap armour ates one over the others.
>nobz have Fearless as standard.
>>
>>47137324
Honestly we cycle through the different OP images so often I don't even understand why people care about if there favorite image get's posted. It will at some point.

And yeah, the clean one is quite nice. It's especially good fro the thread right after there has been alot of arguing of the cover image.
>>
There should be an alternate Thousand Sons "Sorcerer squad" consisting entirely of (cheaper since they'd have BoP) Aspiring sorcerers. They all have force weapons and regular transport options.
>>
>>47137416
Perhaps that'll be a thing in Tzeentch daemonkin.
Though that's implying it'll ever come out, which looks less and less possible everyday
>>
Carnac, I know you're here, can you please put book stuff in spoilers please? I don't want to read fluff for books I'm getting.
>>
>>47137461
Okay
>>
File: 59.jpg (707 KB, 1188x1611) Image search: [Google]
59.jpg
707 KB, 1188x1611
>>47137416
Is such a thing even possible?
Yes it was.
>>
File: thumbs up.jpg (165 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
thumbs up.jpg
165 KB, 500x500
>>47137416
This is actually a really good idea
>>
>>47137494
Cheers.
>>
>>47137451
Tzeentch Daemonkin should probably redo the whole Thousand Sons thing. Rubric troops are even heartier in fluff than Necrons or Nurgle, so I would either give them 3++ and FnP or let sorcerers make 1d3 new ones each turn.
>>
>>47137416
>>47137451
hoping that the other demonkin come out.
Tzeetch I want to have get a benefit from perils of the warp being rolled. I'm not sure how, but I want it.

A friend of mine who plays KDK mentioned that while possessed are still not great, the demonkin book did give them and warptalons Mark and Daemon of Khorne, which is actually pretty cool, and got me thinking about what that combo could be like on other daemonkin, especially if they included oblits and give them that same effect.

Tzeetch Oblits: 2+/4++ rerolling 1s on saves
Nurgle Oblits: 2+/5++ T5 with shrouded so that they'd have 2+ cover most of the time.
Slaanesh... would still only be good on possessed and warp talons, but rending would be mine boost for possed.

Of course while I'm speculating, might as well hope for unique heavy weapons on daemonkin oblits.
Sonic weapon for slaanesh. warpfire for tzeetch, poison large blast/torrent for nurgle
>>
With an implosive clap of displacement, an ork teleported directly into his path.

Magneric did not know what manner of thoughts filled the mind of an ork. Words? Images? A deep, ancestral dream of destruction and slaughter? He had never considered it. He regretted that failing now, for whatever the creature had expected to encounter when it had stepped into its ship’s teleportation portal, a Black Templars Dreadnought in the throes of battle rage had not been one of them.

The expression on its beast face was beyond price.

Magneric’s power fist punched into the ork’s chest and lifted it from the deck like an eel on a spear. Concentric rings of adamantium teeth spun in opposing directions like propellers, blending the ork in its entirety and spraying its vaporised remains.

So what went inside the Ork's mind at that fateful moment?
>>
>>47137542
3+/4++ FNP would be fine if they didn't cost so damn much. comming back to life would be cool though
>>
so every legion, be it traitor or loyal, have some kind of specialty, white scars having bikes, salamanders having a lot of flamethrowers, iron warriors specializing in seige or death guard having plague marines

but what do the two vanilla chapters/legions have, the ultramarines and the black legion?
>>
>>47137328
I play GK, do you over upgrade? That's a common problem for GK players.
You've gotta be careful with them and with how you use your psychic powers. I always use the first turn deep strike detachment because... I need to get there.

>>47137351
Why are you still posting?
>>
>>47137663
Jack of all trades.
>>
>>47137663
Fluff
>>
>>47137611
The Dreadnought's power fist.
>>
>>47137680
that's... extremely boring
>>
>>47137328
Post your list
>>
>>47137599
Rending and Running extra distance would be quite nice on Possessed and Warp Talons. Helps them get across the board and accomplish something when they get there.
>>
>>47137663

> The Black Legion are a Warband and were never a Legion

The Sons of Horus were the offensive specialists. They were the ones to throw into any attack, orbital entry, breach or teleport assault. They were simply very, very aggressive and could spot and seize openings in an enemy defense.

Ultramarines were builders. They excelled at building forces, consolidating lands, and playing the long game. Their accomplishments went beyond military and they were excellent at macro-scale operations of military units alongside supply lines and planning where they would go next.
>>
>>47137599
>hoping that the other demonkin come out.
I sure as fuck don't because that would mean being stuck with the current CSM codex for fucking ever
>>
>>47137708
Rowboat's book makes them like that but the Ultramarines do have their limits to how the follow it. One of their successor chapters, the Genesis Chapter, they follow it to such a degree that if they feel like they're violating it they call up Papa Smurf and ask him if they're doing it wrong. They even have a hard time adjusting to the Deathwatch because they're not fighting codex style, but one of their relics there offers help on how to apply the Codex to their Deathwatch life.
>>
At first, the red giant seemed to shrug off the beam boring into its surface, but after a few seconds, a dark sunspot began to form around the drill site. Bubbles of core matter broke the surface as the sunspot began to sink. It became a blister, then a bruise, a black canker that bored deeper into its parent body and pulled more stellar matter in. The bottomless black of its event horizon garnered a halo, brilliant, burning white.

The accretion disc of a black hole.

Thane slowly rose, watching with a very raw, very human awe. The orks had transformed one of the most stable and intransigent forces in the universe into a weapon, and simply to keep Magneric’s information from reaching Terra they were using it to demolish a star.

A star!

What could any man– even an angel of death– do in the face of such reckless power?

-Beast Arise Book 6

The Orks have used their technology to turn a red giant into a blackhole to kill the Imperial fleet before they escape with the secrets that the Black Templar discovered. What did the Black Templar discover?!
>>
File: shitpostingfrombeyondthegrave.png (955 KB, 1039x645) Image search: [Google]
shitpostingfrombeyondthegrave.png
955 KB, 1039x645
>>47137812
>gw takes over a decade to release all of the daemonkin books
>never update csm
>all 4 books plus an undivided supplement are now required to play a complete csm army
>>
>>47137766
Luna Wolves weren't offensive specialists in the ways that some groups were. Their specialty was in assassination, Horus saw every conflict as being resolved by killing the enemies leaders, so his tactics involved bypassing outlying areas and simply striking at the heart of the enemy and expecting that the rest would break without their leaders.

This was extremely effective in most wars, but led him to frustration when he came up against chaos worshippers and none-centralized groups. It is also why Istvan III went so badly for him, as he couldn't disrupt their leadership because they had none.
>>
>>47137668
Aside from 1 psycannon per squad, 1 hammer, Falchions for the Justicar and halberds for the other 2 per 5 in a squad, I don't take master crafteds or melta bombs or teleport homers. Like the dice just REAALLYY fucking hate me.

Need to make 4 lasgun saves on a dreadknight? 3 1's. 3+ to come in first turn? How does rolling a 2 sound to you? And it just happens way too fucking often.

>>47137711
The one I actually managed to win against Guard with was this one: http://pastebin.com/Mc0hDu9c

Ran the Paladins/Librarian/Inquisitor in the Land Raider (Which, by the way in the 6 games I've used it, has not been able to fire a single time.) and scout moved with Liber Heresius and charged out of it into his HQ squad. While everything else went killy and objective securing. It was a bloody good battle, too.

I've tried supportive inquisition to pad warp charges and re-roll reserves and had to concede turn 2 with this list: http://pastebin.com/kuYN3DpY

And I want to try this list out now that I have 3 terminator squads instead of 2: http://pastebin.com/wG71DA8A
>>
File: 035.jpg (648 KB, 1179x1604) Image search: [Google]
035.jpg
648 KB, 1179x1604
>>47137663
>ultramarines
Being better than everyone else.

>black legion
Diversity, numbers, muh speartips.
The Black Legion have become the largest and most powerful Traitor Legion by absorbing members of any and every Legion, Chapter, warband, and Chaotic alignment willing to sign up to Team Topknot. And they're all Veterans of the Long War, even the new recruits.
>>
>>47137908
If you're going to be running purifiers you really need transports for them. Also they work better with just incinerators. Try 5 man purifier squads with just 1 incinerators and maybe a hammer. Paladins are over costed and the landraider is meh.

The second list is much better, but again consider dropping the psycannons from the purifiers. You are losing the ability to move, shoot, and charge, while firing them and you are giving up some force sword attacks.
>>
>>47135689
Blood angel tactical sargent.
Hand flamer, infernus pistol or combi flamer / metla?
Went for power sword for striking at initiative in challenges.
>>
can anyone tell me of chapters that aren't of the original legions that have gone to chaos?
>>
>>47138086
there's a lot of them man. Any god's or tactics you interested in?
>>
‘Translating a planet,’ said Krule, lowering the slate and gazing out of the window. ‘Damn, that would be a thing to see.’

‘The trial data is all in Yendl’s intelligence log. The so-called Grand Experiment is proving as much a dead end for Kubik as it is for us.’

‘But if it could be made to work…’

Krule let the implications hang. They were so encompassing, so fundamental, that it was difficult to take the necessary step back to see them. Assimilation of the orks’ propulsion technology would strike at the very pillars of Imperial stability. With such a power, the Mechanicus would be able to move anything, anywhere. The Adeptus Astronomica would be no more, the Navis Nobilite cast down at best and persecuted by a vengeful Inquisition at worst. The fleets of Mars would render the Navy and the Chartists obsolete at a stroke.

Schism. On a scale not seen since the Age of Strife.

This pretty much confirms that the Navigators exist as a sufferance. Also shows that technological advancement in the Imperium is bad for the politics.
>>
Why are Howling Banshees so worthless
>>
>>47136285
If you're not giving the Dark artisan a WWP and a spirit probe, you're missing the point of having a dark artisan! Also, The talos cant have a vexator mask or agoniser, or flesh gauntlet. A better build for your dark artisan is: Haemy with either scissorhand OR Agoniser (Depends on what you're facing), WWP, Nightmare doll (It saves you from the first ID wound, and St:D does ID vs heamies), a Cronos with a Spirit probe, Talos with either Chainsnares or inchor injector (depending on what you're facing), and, If you feel lucky, give your talos a TL Heat lance. Liquifiers are not good.

Scourges are good, but the solarite with lance and blastpistol is a waste of points!

Enhanced aethersails are situational.

Why do you put a DL in a unit of 10 warriors in a raider with Splinter rack?! Are you retarded? Do you want to waste 9-18 rerollable poison shots when you shoot a vehicle? Or pay 35pts for a single DL shot at some cheap ass infantryman?
>>
File: image.jpg (407 KB, 1000x1429) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
407 KB, 1000x1429
I found this pic of a guardsman, but I can't find anything else about it, I'm thinking that it's most likely fan-made, but what I find odd is just how eerily close the color scheme is to my IG. Just remove the red trim and there you have it.
>>
>>47138151
Because girls can't into melee combat.
>>
>>47138086
That's a little bit difficult but to name a few: The Flawless Host(Shining Swords), Red Corsairs(Astral Claws with elements of the Tiger Claws), Company of Misery, The Cleaved, Extinction Angels, and the Crimson Slaughter.
>>47138153
That's probably from FFG's art.
>>
>>47138153
>HURR DURR WHAT IS REVERSE IMAGE SEARCH
>>
>>47138122
At first I was thinking of doing some with a nurgle flavoring, but since plague marines aren't very useful in terms of points it doesn't have to be the death guard. Regardless, I'm not too picky
>>
>>47137908
>>47138044
also a couple other things. Consider trying to use Draigo. He provides another very dangerous target aside from the Dreadknights. Also maybe get better dice. Try koplow red square dice. You can get some off ebay.
>>
>>47136641
you are right about that auto return stuff... mentioned in 2nd ed. codex, iirc
>>
>>47138189
That was my other guess, but he's not in any of the books I have.

>>47138193
Only thing that comes up is Pinterest, and a French fan-site.
>>
>>47138172
B-but they're supposed to be the masters of blending marines.
>>
I'm currently building an IG army but I'm pretty unfamiliar with them. One of my most recurrent opponent plays Grey Knights with double DK and one LR at 1500pts. I was wondering, what are the best options the guard have to deal with MCs and big tanks in general ?

I'm planning on playing a pure mechanized army so no infantry spam tactics and no allies.
>>
>>47136382

Adding extra models to a unit is free.
>>
>>47137908
Paladins are a trap
Psycannons that aren't on terminators are a trap
Honestly all the support you need is a terminator inquisitor with 3 servo skills. Beyond that focus on GK unless you want some plasma or something from acolytes.

Personally I run the following at 2k points:
3 teams of 10 termies, 3 hammers per, 2 squads have 2 psycannons, another runs 2 incinerators
Librarian at level 3 with book relic
2 dreadknights with sword, teleporter and incinerator
Termi inquisitor with psycannon and 3 servo skulls
Aegis line with comms relay

I normally have points left over to fiddle with stuff and on occasion shrink one of the termi squads to take 10 interceptors with flachions and 2 incinerators.

I always roll on the GK powers, never anything else.
>>
>>47138224
I've actually got Draigo, I just need to actually get to work on painting him and his base. For now I can use Stern. What would I do with Draigo? Stick him with some Termie's and a Librarian and zip around? Assault from deep strike would make this army miles better, but that's wishful thinking.
>>
File: wat.png (1 MB, 713x964) Image search: [Google]
wat.png
1 MB, 713x964
Nearly crapped myself when I went into the store today and saw this on the shelf
>>
>>47138323
What do you keep behind the ADL to man the comm relay?
>>
>>47138214
there's still a lot. Depends on what color schemes you want to go with then. Something like Lord's of Decay allow you to get really nasty with the paints. There's also The Tainted who kind of have a cleaner color scheme, but use a lot of beasts. Apostles of Contagion utilize plague zombies. The Cleaved have a unique color scheme. I'd recommend looking at those 4.
>>
>>47138244
Well he's from a book you don't have.
>>
>>47138304
>mc
snipers
>big tanks
vet lascannon teams , vendetta's (don't know how they sit with the new flyer rules) and a tank commander/twin linked/bs4 vanquisher
>>
>>47138368
Eh, probably.
>>
>>47138354
Cleaved and Lords of Decay have some interesting colors, using white to contrast with the putrefaction and decay that nurgle represents is interesting. I was also thinking of using bluish colors, but that perhaps would be stretching it too much
>>
>>47138324
Keep him with the librarian and terminators for a mini kind of deathstar. Gate him around if need be. If you have a high level librarian go for sanctic and get sanctuary and hopefully cleansing flame. If a lower level one I like divinination for the guaranteed prescience. If you are going first consider not deep striking anything and gating him around turn 1. It's more reliable. Consider deep striking him turn 1 if your playing the long table edges and have second turn, and shunting your dreadknights up to back him up. If you are playing diagonal table edge or across deployment then starting him on the table and walking/gating him around works well. Also play with Dreadknights on the table and shunt up as fast as you can vs shootier armies. Don't deep strike your Dreadknights. They have a 30 inch shunt so use it, and you don't want them coming in at different times to be shot at piecemeal.
>>
>There are a lot of positive things happening around AOS at the moment. My question is whether it is now finally ready to topple 40k as the flagship GW game?

I think this is the funniest thing I have seen on a forum all month. People don't play as much 40k here as they used to but nobody plays AoS.

If GW ever fucks up so badly that AoS is more popular than 40k they are done.
>>
Any loyalists implied to be Luna Wolves sucessors?
>>
>>47138349
>>
>>47137611
'zog'
>>
>>47138349
I preordered mine this Saturday, I'm really looking forward to read it
>>
Exclusive miniature only in stores, only in North America to celebrate the 100th store opening on the 28th

Space Marine character model. Finecast. $20
>>
>>47138374
Vanquisher seems nice for tanks but snipers as MC killers... Shouldn't I need a metric fucktone of them to quickly and reliably kill a dread knight ?
Statisticaly a squad of 10 only makes like 3 wonds a turn with no guarantee on rending. Against 4W at 2+/5++ it seems kinda weak
>>
File: IMG_0586.jpg (2 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0586.jpg
2 MB, 2592x1936
>>47136235
play Tau, anon. They run completely differently from your current armies. It will be like playing an entirely different game.
>>
>>47138504
>Finecast
I doubt that.
>>
>>47138086
The crimson slaughter/Crimson corsairs spring to mind.
>>
Are humans really monkeys compared to Eldar, or are the Eldar just full of themselves?
>>
>>47137611
"Oh no, not again."
>>
>>47138558
He has a soul you know.
>>
>>47137891
>Luna Wolves weren't offensive specialists in the ways that some groups were. Their specialty was in assassination, Horus saw every conflict as being resolved by killing the enemies leaders, so his tactics involved bypassing outlying areas and simply striking at the heart of the enemy and expecting that the rest would break without their leaders.
>This was extremely effective in most wars, but led him to frustration when he came up against chaos worshippers and none-centralized groups. It is also why Istvan III went so badly for him, as he couldn't disrupt their leadership because they had none.
This would be an excellent bit of backstory to tie Horus's prior actions to his later decision to duel Big E
Except that Horus was SCARED to duel him and only did so as a final resort upon learning that the Loyalist were coming to Terra. If Horus had just led his army to the infinity gate and dueled in the Throne Room, THEN this would be some pretty awesome backstory.
>>
>>47138560
Its true. Probably because its a model available only for one day, only in physical games workshop stores and only in North america. Very limited run.
>>
>>47136820
http://www.ragingheroes.com/collections/types?q=Dark%20Elves
>>
>>47138582
A little of both. They do have a lot of natural advantages and could be considered a more 'evolved' species, but their arrogance prevents them from even bothering to see any potential.
>>
>>47138439
blueish goes along with tzeentch aligned marines usually, or general renegades.
>>
>>47138504
I have no GW near me and I must scream.
>>
>>47137812
not necessarily. Mind you I'm tallking in terms of hypotheticals, not GWs track records.

If the changes to models in CSM presented in the daemonkin books were presented as unique to daemonkin, or somehow different from base CSM, like say the possessed in KDK, or a new type organization of a unit. Then they woundn't have to worry about being consistent with the CSM in terms of everything.

If fact the possessed in KDK show that they were willing, in at least a few cases, to make daemonkin versions different from the core CSM.

If that stays, then they could update CSM mainly by giving more options for units and upgrades, because the daemonkin books wouldn't be expected to include all of those. You could also have new general rules for CSM that wouldn't be present in the daemonkin book.

I know there is a lot of talk about the base points being the problem with CSM, and daemonkin has shown that they don't want different price costs, but that's not the only way to buff CSM.
>>
>>47138600
>Raging heroes

I sure love waiting 3 years for models to come out from a kickstarter campaign
>>
>>47138558
are you the guy painting the eldar tanks in the /wip/ thread
>>
>>47138504
>A GW in my state is finally opening on the 21st
>it's on the other fucking side of the state
MASSACHUSETTS I HATE YOU
>>
>>47138640
It's not that far a drive is it?
>>
>>47138172
>>47138301
They are good.
The real reason is melee is FUCKED this edition, and pretty much all melee focused units (Assault Marines, Nob squads, Boy squads, Berzerkers, Flayed Ones) are inferior to their ranged brethren

Also the HBs have pretty much hands down the best melee fighter not called The Swarmlord, Jain Zair will pretty much rock any special snowflake by herself.
>>
>>47138648
I'd have to go through Boston.

And that can add a few hours to the trip depending on traffic.
>>
File: Plasma-Obliterator.jpg (54 KB, 600x620) Image search: [Google]
Plasma-Obliterator.jpg
54 KB, 600x620
>>47135689
I have one of pic related, trying to assemble it but getting the floors to the walls and pillars has proven to be hell. Anyone got any assembly tips? It's driving me insane.
>>
>>47138610
I know deep and electric blue is the color of tzneetch, but i was thinkin og a pale blue similar to that of the color of YotsubaB's 4chan background with some stains, it wouldn't be very fluff breaking, right?
>>
File: ceiling tau.jpg (20 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
ceiling tau.jpg
20 KB, 250x250
>>47138558
Those Tau look fucking ugly
>>
>>47138555
well you said no allies but this is what i use
allied detachment : militarum tempestus
1 scion command squad
temp prime with plasma pistol
2x plasma gun
1x medi pack

1 scion squad
1 vox caster
1 tempestor
8 scions

tempestor prime can issue a twin linked or a preferred enemy order on himself or a order that gives the hot shot volley guns the sniper special rule on the squad

on top of that the scions work as deep striking arty spotters for my basilisk batteries / master of ordnance with their vox caster
>>
>>47138632
I am talent-less. Not even /wip/ can help me.

The tanks are just spraypaint green sparkly and add yellow lines.
>>
File: tautology.png (570 KB, 1280x854) Image search: [Google]
tautology.png
570 KB, 1280x854
>>47138680
>>
>>47138151
>>47138301
they aren't. They're pretty good in zone mortalis.
The problem being able to run up the field fast isn't enough to get around shooting in most table set ups.

As for shreading marines, they aren't nearly as shit as people imply. They're decent at it, but that's actually such a niech roll that being good at that isn't good enough.
The biggest improvement in marine shreading would be making ATSNNF not prevent sweeping advances. Banshees are best when they get the charge, win that first round of combat, then force leadership check at -2 in addition to combat loses, then add 6 to their sweeping advance.
>>
>>47138677
no it's not fluff breaking. But unless you are an accomplished painter you should get some reference pictures to something at least close to what you want. Just to get an idea of how it might look. It can be hard to find good bluish Nurgle stuff.
>>
File: IMG_0445.jpg (1 MB, 2592x1936) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0445.jpg
1 MB, 2592x1936
>>47138680
Thanks for your input. May I see a snap of one of your games?
>>
>>47138462

The Ultramarines have, due to an administratum cockup, been recieving Luna Wolves gene seed since M34. Nobody's worked it out yet.
>>
>>47138699
>>
>>47138661
the fact that banshees are so much worse than scorpions is a big proof that OVERWATCH IS NOT WHAT MAKES ASSAULT WEAK RIGHT NOW.
yes, it's all caps, because outside of ZM, overwatch is not the scary thing about shooting.

It's that you have more target selection with shooting on the offense, are better able to stay in a good possition on the defense, and shooting will happen first.

Scorps are still pretty good because they make fantastic bait and can disrupt the enemy plans if ignored.
>>
>>47138730
It's not so much how they were painted
it's just a really poor color scheme
>>
File: 1462636579846[1].jpg (2 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
1462636579846[1].jpg
2 MB, 3264x2448
>>47138695
oh. don't worry painting is 50% patience 45% practice and only 5% talent. They just look similar is all
>>
>>47138730
I like the black and gold myself.
>>
>>47138555
If you go mech you can try a couple of plasma vet squads.
>>
File: The-Shadowhive.jpg (155 KB, 492x551) Image search: [Google]
The-Shadowhive.jpg
155 KB, 492x551
>>47138086
Too many to name. Since 4th edition in particular, GW have focused a lot more on post-Heresy renegades (though it should be remembered that not every CSM warband necessarily represents a whole Chapter).

Astral Claws/Red Corsairs and Crimson Sabres/Crimson Slaughter have already been mentioned. Other notable examples include almost all of the 30 Judged Chapters sent into the Eye of Terror during the Abyssal Crusade, the formerly Inquisition-serving Seekers of Truth who became the Scourged, the Annihilators who are now the all-possessed Beasts of Annihilation, and more.

And even before the 4E codex there were several renegade Chapters with some fluff beyond just a name. The Red Corsairs, again, are an obvious example, but there were also the likes of the Steel Cobras, the Sons of Malice, and the VIOLATORS.

>>47138354
>>47138439
I've been tempted to do some Cleaved models myself, both for the scheme and the creepy big brother vibe the latest codex gave them.
>'Call with all your soul, little one.
>Call and we shall answer.'
One of the things I actually liked about the 4E direction was the emphasis on mixing and matching Chaos Marines from different factions. So even if your army is predominantly one Legion/Chapter, you should still feel free to add models from others to represent allies, mercenaries, or just some lost heretics the bigger warband picked up.
>>
>>47138702
Yeah, ATSKNF kind of fucks with the meta in a major way since 1/2 of all armies have it.

The thing is, with power swords they're tailored to Sweep marines, who can't be swept. They can sweep other things like Shoota Boyz and Necron Warriors, but then so can any other choppy unit.
>>
>>47138751
>OVERWATCH IS NOT WHAT MAKES ASSAULT WEAK RIGHT NOW.
No one said this, what are you getting at?
There are about a dozen reason melee has been on the downslope this edition, overwatch is only a small part of it.
>>47138751
>Scorps are still pretty good because they make fantastic bait and can disrupt the enemy plans if ignored.
You're giving them more credit than they deserve. A Guardian Squad with literally any upgrades can do the same thing.
>>
>>47138777
necrons are actually a pain ass the 4+ fnp and 10ld is a bitch.
having hit skittles and tau with them I've seen what they were supposed to do. but you rarely get to do it.
>>
File: Tyranid_warrior.jpg (25 KB, 250x304) Image search: [Google]
Tyranid_warrior.jpg
25 KB, 250x304
QUICK /TG/, WHAT IS THAT ONE UNIT YOU LOVE THE LOOK OF BUT WISH IT WAS BETTER SO YOU COULD USE THEM MORE ON THE TABLE?
>>
>>47138765
Cleaved have a cool scheme, but I love The Tainted's small background.

http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/The_Tainted

Plague spawn and mutants galore. Plus a fuckhuge mutant nurgle spawn. Sounds really fun.
>>
>>47138829
My entire Ork collection.
>>
>>47138748
>>47138699
>>
>>47135689
Any good maps for Dark Heresy? You know with marked cover and all that good stuff? Most of the maps I find online are too damn small or I have to manually mark cover.
>>
>>47138829
T E R M I N A T O R S

I USE THEM ANYWAYS BUT THEY ARE NOT WORTH THE POINTS OR ELITE SLOT
>>
>>47138842
/thread
>>
>>47138829
Stormtroopers.

God they're so fucking cool.

But then, T3.
>>
There's a CrossFit gym right next to my FLGS and it's so funny when the crossfitters walk in to see what's up.
>>
File: deathwatch-header.jpg (31 KB, 638x358) Image search: [Google]
deathwatch-header.jpg
31 KB, 638x358
>>47138829
>>
>>47138804
plenty of people still complain about overwatch as the thing killing assault.

>guardians with any upgrade.
not really. If you've got them in a waveserpent then the rush up the wave serpent and crush thing happens, but that's a lot more points, plays very different and is more a waveserpent squad thing than guardian thing.

If you mean giving them a heavy weapon and warlock, not really for a very different reason. The single heavy weapon shooting is a lot less disruption than a charge from a squad of scorps. Also the quardians get pretty wrecked by any ignore cover shooting, while the scorps have the 3+armor to fall back on, and then you sometimes just fail the fucking conceal check and your down to a 4+ save.
>>
File: 1439089282184.jpg (83 KB, 446x400) Image search: [Google]
1439089282184.jpg
83 KB, 446x400
>>47138878
>But then, T3.
>>
>>47138850
I feel you anon.

I love my Assault Terminators but they're so garbage.
>>
>>47138893
Have you converted any of them yet?
>>
When painting a figure, is the basic order
1.) Primer
2.)Base layers
3.) Detail layers
4.) Repeat 3 until perfect
5.) Add on that shiny preservative shit
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (234 KB, 829x898) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
234 KB, 829x898
>>47138829
they always either fail completely or just barely make their points back.
>>
>>47138893
you wouldn't happen to be near fredericksburg would you?
>>
File: 48.jpg (621 KB, 1063x1590) Image search: [Google]
48.jpg
621 KB, 1063x1590
>>47138582
When they call humans mon-keigh, they aren't literally calling them monkeys, but likening them to a mythical race of sub-intelligent beasts whose name just HAPPENS to sound like "monkey".

That aside, it's very easy to see how they might view humans as crude, underdeveloped parodies of themselves.
>>
File: 1207366449886.png (19 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1207366449886.png
19 KB, 800x600
>>47138829
eversor and >>47138944
>>
>>47138827
>skittles
what?
>>
>>47138350
The dreadknights who start on the field, maybe the inquisitor as well.

Between those three I have my first turn re-rolls.
>>
>>47138931
That's about the size of it, though many don't even bother with the finish coat. If you're gonna use matte coat spray, get a can of brush-on gloss coat for the metallics.

>>47138582
The eldar are just full of themselves. Mon-keigh actually translates roughly into "lesser things to be exterminated", so really they're effectively calling us cockroaches.
>>
>>47138829

Temmies are probably the winner by mixing ubiquity with underwhelmingness.

Honestly Terminators are completely marginalised, even in the fluff. For the most part, power armoured marines are given a lot more attention.
>>
i've decided to just go with the current meta and play tau. dont give a fuck anymore.

I have three armies i could trade to get the models -Orks,Marines, or Greyknights. which should it be /tg/?
>>
>>47138980
admech
>>
>>47138965
Nope.

>>47138928
Two, actually.

One is a girl that came in with her boyfriend who wanted to laugh at the nerds, but she ended up being interested by a guy who was working on a Riptide and asked him about the painting process. Now she comes with her Tau every now and then. Makes her boyfriend come watch or go get food for everyone.

The other is this guy who looks like the stereotypical /fit/izen but he's actually pretty chill and plays an infantry-based Guard list when he comes.
>>
>>47138915
I meant HW and Warlock, and you're really underselling how many points you're saving with that setup, and how it's really almost as threatening or even moreso than the scorpions, considering they still need to succeed their assault roll (not a given, even with Fleet) to do anything.
If you can stay 9+ inches away from them (and plenty or armies are mobile enough to do so) you'll never fear them.
>>
>>47138997
>dont give a fuck anymore.

Then you'll be miserable playing Tau

Marines i guess? most demand for them
>>
>>47138997
Would you so easily abandon your battle brothers, ones you brought onto the battlefield by work of your own hands?
>>
>>47139010
Oh, Skitarri then?
>>
Fishing for feedback.

Working on a "Tzeentch Daemonkin" fandex, and this is the draft of the psychic disciplines. It's not going to have a "Blood Tithe" table equivalent, just a bunch of disciplines and some new wargear to turn regular Aspiring Champions into Psykers.

I went with D3 tables instead of D6 because it allows the tables to be more focused with less overlap. Flame is for mind dakka, Fate is for buffing with a focus on shooting, Deceit is for debuffs/utility, and Change is the mutation/melee discipline. Disciplines will have the same "up to half your ML on a single table" restriction from C:CSM.
>>
>>47138931
add in shading before detailing. if you use inks or washes.
its detailing and touch ups. because correcting mistakes will need to happen a fair bit.
step five isn't necessary, but you forgot basing.
>>
Can somebody help me?

I just ordered the 'how to paint' Skiitari/Cult Mech book just to get some tips, I know it's crap tips, but still..

I just realised, did this book come in the collectors/limited edition of Cult Mechanicus, like the BA one came with theirs?

If so, I've just bought something I've already got... So anybody who bought it and can remember, as I can't, I would be grateful.
>>
>>47138997
just stop playing altogether
>>
Zerberyn moved his light on: blank faces luminesced under the beam, then returned to darkness and indignity as it passed. There must have been close to a hundred hemmed into the stall. There was no room for them to move, even to sit. The floor was perforated metal, for drainage, but the sheer volume of waste had clogged the pores and solid effluent heaped up in lumpen mounds over toes that were turning black with poor circulation and disease. The stink was infernal. Despite everything that he was, Zerberyn felt himself back away. Slavery and squalor he had encountered on many worlds. This was something other. Something worse.

‘There are more ahead,’ called Nalis.

>‘Here also,’ said Hardran, voice echoing from the stalls away to the right.

‘There must be thousands,’ breathed Tosque, clumping forwards from behind, tracking the creaking stillness of the second level with his combi-plasma.

‘Tens of thousands,’ growled Columba.

Zerberyn spoke into his gorget pickup. ‘Reoch. I need you in here. Bring Brother Antille.’

An affirmative burred through his vox-channel. He killed the squad frequency and looked around again, easing his finger around the trigger of his pistol. Reticules wobbled across his visor, searching for something to target.

‘Detecting movement,’ said Columba, his vox dialled down to a low bass. He pointed up to the second floor.

‘More stalls, perhaps,’ said Zerberyn.

Columba shrugged.

‘Hardran, search the upper level. Tosque, secure the stairs and cover him. Nalis, run a circuit of the perimeter.’
>>
>>47138452
So far I'm here at 1812/1850 pts. I don't know what else to put points into without over spending on a unit.

http://pastebin.com/iGWjMX9d
>>
>>47139037
I definitly like the idea of having Tzeentch tables being split between different roles. Should make units much more reliable in how you set them up.
>>
>>47138827
RP really shouldn't have changed to FnP and I say this as a necron player.
>>
>>47139026
i'd rather have a decent match with an army i only sort of like vs driving an hour to my FLGS to lose once a week

>>47139029
fortuantely, the marines and knights were given to me by someone who quit the hobby. Guard and Admech are my main
>>
>>47138997
I'd buy the GK's from you if you were in UK and they were well painted/made.
>>
>>47139059
The veteran-brothers nodded; in battleplate and deep shadow it was an ominous, inhuman gesture. Apothecary Reoch entered just as Nalis left. The glow of his binoptics intensified as they adapted to the gloom. Antille ducked through the splintered portico after him, vox antennae twanging against the lintel beam.

Mendel Reoch meanwhile continued to the stalls.

There was a piston shock, flesh punctured, a breathless gasp.

The Apothecary’s narthecium punched a sampler into the nearest captive’s jugular. The man moaned piteously, legs wobbling, but the press of filthy bodies held him steady.

Zerberyn hovered his helm light over the man’s gasping mouth, his curiosity piqued by something he had seen there. As well as having no hair, the man also had no teeth and, now he checked, no fingernails: nothing with which he could conceivably do harm to himself or another. A rare and unsettling cocktail of pity and disgust settled in his gut like one of Reoch’s analgesic slimes. His roving beam paused on the face of a woman who opened her mouth placidly as though conditioned to associate light with water or food. There was something branded onto her cheek. Zerberyn moved closer. She remained as she was, mouth wide and waiting, even as Zerberyn enclosed her head in his gauntlet and turned it gently to the side.

The brand was that of a snake.

-Beast arise book 6

In case anyone wondered how the human slaves of the Orks are treated
>>
>>47136382

Lowering the price on every thing drastically, save maybe for Mek Gunz.

Also, the Orkanauts would be dropped to 160 points and have the option to replace the Klaw with a second gun.
>>
>>47139079
>someone gives you models
>you sell them off
god fucking damn
>>
>>47139058
i mean i've been thinking about it
>>
>>47139021
>stay 9+ inches away from you.
while shooting? vs a unit with move through cover and fleet? When I infiltrated within 18" and then moved and ran turn 1?
Are you assuming I'm just facing bikes and riptides? Because not every meta is that complety stale.

And how is one HW any threat to bikes and riptides anyways?
>>
>>47139115
they're not even basecoated. 0 sentimental value

>>47139080
i'm locally known as one of the best painters around but nope, amerifat here
>>
>>47139017
Good on ya, bro. You're doing the Emprah's work.
>>
>>47139052
For shading do you just use a darker color or mix it in with black or something
I know jack shit about painting
>>
File: born2feels.jpg (159 KB, 746x982) Image search: [Google]
born2feels.jpg
159 KB, 746x982
>>47139079
>Giving up on da boyz
>Selling another man's army rather than pushing them to glory.
>Going for Tau purely to powergame when you only play once a week

There is no innocence. Only degrees of guilt. .
>>
>>47139092
The man under Mendel Reoch’s ministration gave one last grunt as the Apothecary’s narthecium retracted.

‘There are dangerously high levels of synthetic growth enhancers, testosterone, and other steroids in his blood. I would need to return him to Dantalion’s apothecarion for more thorough investigations.’

Just forget to include this bit.

Ork are forcefeeding their slaves drugs
>>
>>47139032
yep, was typing one handed for a bit. skittari are great targets for HB, and even the CM troops are decent to hit even though they are fearless.
Not an amazing matchup, but was enough for me to see what HB are supposed to do.
>>
>>47139167
i've been losing with guard since 6th, i think i've put up enough years of that
>>
>>47137223

5e codex talks about him on some "backwater planet" before his visions

Also, weren't the orks engineered by the old ones? How would a homeworld work?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 47

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.