[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Shadowrun General - /srg/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 106
>Identity Spoofed
>Encryption Keys Generated
>Connected to Onion Routers
>Biometric Scan Confirmed
>Connected to iinuitNET

>>47096059 → Previously Viewed Comments
> newest LGC review auto-tagged; reviewer claims 99% error free, fans in outrage
> transgendered cyborg's fashion sense questioned, did not wear black trenchcoat or pink mohawk
> this 1 wierd trick to redline your cyber-genitals - (s)he'll never know!
> Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked
https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
> Cloud File Storage
http://pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr

Page 4 early edition.
>>
Shadowrun needs more jetpacks.
>>
First time GMing anything ever. Gonna run Food Fight, but after that I dunno what I'm gonna do.

I have an idea for a street-level campaign that's very Jet Set Radio/Saints Row-esque, about going after 3 rival gangs, but I don't know how that could realistically be done by a group of fresh start runners. I'm currently thinking they'll start off with a lot of bait-and-switch missions, about doing something and pinning the blame on another faction, but how could I really expand on this with the stuff in 5E's disposal (lore and otherwise)?
>>
The rules of shapeshifters are very messed up, could someone help me ?
1)Book mentions in fluff they are weak to silver, nothing of the likes in their mechanics. Is that intentional ?
2) How much time does the shifting between forms take ?
3) What happens to items like clothing, foci and armor when they go animal form ?
4) Do they count as animals or metahumans for the purpose of spells ?
Edition is 5e
>>
>>47129745

OH LAWD LOOK AT DEM CYBERTITTIES ! ! !
>>
>>47129924
It's the next thread. Don't shit it up any more than you can help it.

>>47129974
1. take an appropriate allergy.
2. an action.
3. they are removed or shredded.
4. animals.
>>
>>47130079
Maybe I'm not so dedicated to the whole "running a gang" thing. And I was mostly looking for a stealthy game because I'm playing with just 2 other people, a combat rigger and a sniper/decker. I can't imagine going loud to be too much of a thing, but maybe if the gangers are weak enough it could work.

The real point I wanted to hit home was taking down, or at least trying to take down, the gangs in my player's local area. What they do after that I suppose is up to them.

I'll just give this more thought. Thanks, omae.

>>47130110
Yeah, I don't come here much. Trying to get away from /v/.

yes I'm ashamed.
>>
File: roadhog.jpg (143 KB, 1024x426) Image search: [Google]
roadhog.jpg
143 KB, 1024x426
>>47129886
Shadowrun needs more chained meat hooks.

>>47130135
Welcome to the club.
>>
>>47129886
Meh... No, thanks.
>>
>>47130209
>Shadowrun needs more chained meat hooks.
Now there's a weapon suggestion I could get behind.
>>
File: 1437179522566.jpg (255 KB, 750x1000) Image search: [Google]
1437179522566.jpg
255 KB, 750x1000
>>47131314
There's a lot of junkyard weapons that you'd imagine would be a lot more common in SR, like sharpened stop signs, rebar clubs, and circuitry shurikens. The Barrens should be exploding with makeshift murder.

Side note, I respect the janitor who's having to deal with this. He gave me a 15-minute ban because I encouraged but did not commit the loliposting. Our lords are benevolent and merciful.
>>
>>47131483
Table with improvised weapons in Run & Gun can help with that.
>>
File: 1437943855719.png (623 KB, 868x921) Image search: [Google]
1437943855719.png
623 KB, 868x921
>>47131496
Yeah, it's just up to the GMs, but even in fluff you don't hear about the guy who repurposed a toaster into a thermo-fist. I miss DIY punk.
>>
>>47131536
Crafting rules in SR are bad, unfortunately. Otherwise you'd see more junk-rat aesthetic with people who've cobbled together equipment for themselves.
>>
>>47131483
I think the main reason we don't see it is that the core conceit of SR is pulling runs into well-to-do wageslave neighbourhoods, or facilities in more secure locations than the barrens-bordering industrial zones.
>>
>>47131628
I fondly remember the mutant 'GIMMER YER TRUCKS' barrens troll wielding a street sign as a weapon that appeared in a grand total of one paragraph of TwoDee's storytime.

I mean canonically it's not -actually- like that but I just am super fond of this bizarre mad max wasteland existing adjacent to an otherwise normal city.
>>
>>47131565
I'd use a blunderbuss just for the opportunity to blast people with office supplies.

>>47131654
You'd be surprised. There's a Wastelands pdf in the pastebin, and it's mostly lawless gangs or ghost towns outside the cities.
>>
>>47131727
Then why have I not ever seen a Street Sam/Rigger hybrid who's basically a War Boy or a Borderlands Psycho?
>>
>>47131745
Because anecdotes (or lack thereof) don't count towards evidence?
>>
>>47131745
Because Shadowrun is most of the time about criminals sticking it to the man in a dystopian but still (mostly) civilized future.

Fallout/Borderlands Has seen civilsation collapse first and deals with the aftermath of said collapse.
>>
>playing with a group of black coats
>make a pink mohawk esque character modeled after Phantom 2020
>including latex suit, multiple ranks in karate battles, a pet hawk, and a small underground jungle hidden base
>the operators just want to recon and snipe for money
>I have a goal of crippling Aztechology for insulting my people's historic roots
>playing him like a silver age superhero
>including things like spoken thoughts, moralfaggotry, and handcuffing people and turning them in to Lonestar for due process
>lonestar's commisoner has a special not-bat signal that flashes in the sky when El phantome is needed to aid the populace
>other PC's enjoy taking breaks from operating operationaly sometimes to help me solve retarded capers and have hijinks

Goddamn playing this game like a dummy is fun as hell.
>>
>>47131783
>criminals sticking it to the man
Or, you know, sticking it to one man for another man? Or doing man-unrelated mercenary work.

Just doing crimes for money, really.
>>
>>47131783
Shadowrun has seen civilisation collapse, too. The difference is, as you point out, focus.
>>
Where do cyberlimbs begin and end, on the body? Do cyber hands begin just above or just below the wrist? Do partials begin above or below the elbow or knee? Do fulls include the shoulder and part of the pelvis?
>>
>>47131858
This is important guys, glutes are leg muscles, I need to know if my waifu has a partial cyberbutt or not.
>>
>>47131970
>>47131970
from what I recall it's below the butt. If they had a cyber torso and legs then it'd be a cyberbutt.
>>
>>47131970
>>47132016
Or if they had full modular cyber-legs and wanted to take advantage of that. Then they have (if I understand right), a hip mount and so the work would go deeper.
>>
File: image.png (491 KB, 734x1476) Image search: [Google]
image.png
491 KB, 734x1476
>>47131970
I've seen it both ways, it depends on the artist. I'd think full legs would still need to anchor at the same spots your real leg muscles do, so cybercheeks are a real possibility. Up to you.
>>
>>47132127
Full modular has the UCCP ports at the ankle and knee, I think.
>>
>>47132133
I'm going to define 'The cheeks are synthmuscle to support the cyberlimb' as 'cyberbutt' for our purposes.
>>
>>47131805
Sounds fun if i want to play operators operating operationally then I can just play a fucking FPS.

Most fps don't allow for free form gonzo action
>>
>>47132181
Most likely. What I'm talking about, then, is the kinda leg that would go with a hip mount.

The kind where you could have four cyberlegs and switch them out in pairs. Perhaps one light-weight biped for running and a reverse joint one for jumping/having enough weight capacity to use one of those nifty back mounted double missile launcher.

Thus ends the Armored Core joke.
>>
File: image.png (883 KB, 1280x1280) Image search: [Google]
image.png
883 KB, 1280x1280
>>47132237
I can dig it.
>>
File: image.jpg (216 KB, 1700x953) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
216 KB, 1700x953
>>
>>47132341
Form-fitting body armor + Full Cyberarms + Partial Cyberlegs?
>>
So for the rail drones for site defense would it be acceptable to mount the drone rails from the ceiling?

What is an acceptable level of firepower for a rail drone? FA shotgun? Assault rifle? LMG? Full on vindicator minigun?

Keep in mind that repairs to a facility probably shouldn't require a couple of months to replace structural members so assault cannons and HMGs are probably overkill
>>
>>47132400
Assault cannons, yes, but for anything else, SnS/Gel/Frangible rounds exist so the structural damage can be limited easily.

I personally would keep it at SMG/AR levels. If more firepower than that is required, that's what HTR is for.
>>
File: Temp.jpg (23 KB, 374x400) Image search: [Google]
Temp.jpg
23 KB, 374x400
>>47131970
>>47132133
>>47132237
>>47132341

I'm weirded out by the implication that some hardened Street Sam would go into a clinic to get heavy duty, combat tuned cyberlegs and while they're getting prepped the cyber-doc would say to them

>'Oh, hey, to get these in we're going to have to remove your butt muscles and replace them with synthetics. While we're in there, how do you want us to sculpt your ass?'
>>
>>47132441
>how do you want us to sculpt your ass?'
LIKE A FIGHTER JET, FAMPAI
>>
>>47132441
Bubble, bubble, bubble butt

>implying that even elves wouldn't be going full dat ass
>>
>>47132400
The sentry from Rigger 5 has a standard weapon mount. So any non-heavy weapon would work. Ares Lancer MP Lasers mounted on all of them for a fun time.
>>
>>47132482
>Lasers on rail drones
>perma tapped into facility power, never run out of ammo

Oh fuck -that- noise

Oh fuck THAT noise.
>>
>>47132507
> AI spider
> has full control over the facilities defense drones all armed with MP lasers
> Nerve Gas as backup defense
>Totally not Umbrella Corp working on a life extension treatment that is totally not the t-virus
> Mr Johnson is totally not Wesker

I think I have a new prime runner mission
>>
>>47132840
Man go all the way with it. Have it be a lab dabbling in using the Human/MetaHuman Vampiric Virus. Trying to extract that wonderful Immunity (Age) critter power from vampires.

Nerve gas doesn't work on Infected, though, so maybe replace that with those nanites that cause people to spontaneously combust.
>>
>>47132840
Yeah, the Mr. Johnson is Wesker's brother.

Wesker is actually in a cafe around when the group makes their exit, real coffee in one hand, bagel-and-lox in the other.
>>
>>47132883

Unfortunately most of the HMHVV don't really have the tendency of making mindless undead. Even ghouls tend to stay non-feral for the most part.

But maybe their experimentation creates a 4th strand of the HMHVV virus that causes all sort of mutations.
>>
>>47132951
Maybe ghoul experimental subjects where shipped in/created, and then lobotomized so they'd be 'safe' to store. In the aftermath of whatever disaster event sets the run into motion, they've all gotten free, and there are cannibalistic, brain-dead ghouls wandering around looking for meat, as well as the intelligent ghouls made from the scientists who got infected fleeing from their former experiments?
>>
File: robot_cat_by_nattissa.jpg (68 KB, 900x754) Image search: [Google]
robot_cat_by_nattissa.jpg
68 KB, 900x754
>>47132441
>>47132445

I wonder if you can get a synthetic cyberbooty even if you have obvious legs...

>>47131745

Huge amounts of Shadowrun Australia are basically Mad Max wastelands at this point, so they wouldn't be out of place there at all.

>>47131483
>the janitor who's having to deal with this

>Wait, what did I miss last night?
>4plebs to the rescue

Oh my.
>>
>>47132982

So you could have a friendly ghoul who'll help if you get them the fuck out of there or maybe one or two who've gone insane from the experiements and is leading the brain-dead ghouls.

Also, don't forget the dwarf and elf versions of ghouls as well to mix it up and maybe a few critters for some unique boss fights
>>
>>47133023

Dzoo-no-quoo masterrace

Although a fomoraig cyberzombie might be kinda fun as well
>>
>>47132999
I'd assume so. The same muscle groups need to be replaced one way or the other.
>>
So I asked in the gamedev thread on /vg/ and I didn't get any replies so I figured I will ask here. It's not strictly related to SR but I think you guys would be the most appropriate people to ask opinions on the topic.

Has anyone ever played these browser games like OGame, Travian and the likes?
What do you think about Cyberpunk-themed SR-inspired game like that except for desktop and single player (meaning no skirmishes against other players). What I'm having troubles with coming up with potential features for such a game, while with themes like Medieval I could probably come up with a few (like building and unit upgrades), I feel like there are little possibilities with Cyberpunk genre but maybe I'm just not creative enough, do you think that this could be executed?
>>
File: edf8fbfecf5e52ee43b736f662ad0280.jpg (945 KB, 2500x1578) Image search: [Google]
edf8fbfecf5e52ee43b736f662ad0280.jpg
945 KB, 2500x1578
>>47133097
>I feel like there are little possibilities with Cyberpunk genre

Most of those games are based around expansionism or rapid development of new resources, which aren't the strongest themes in cyberpunk.

The most analogous thing you could to to Travian (the only one I you mentioned I have experience with) is to set it in the Barrens and represent a new gang with growing influence.

Upgrade your home block, recruit more members, expand your turf, etc.
>>
Talking about security what sort of security measures do you have wageslaves be subject to when going into a office building?

Milimeter wave scanners? Cyberware detectors? Metal detector wands? Bag search? Pat down?

Is this procedure followed on entrance and exit? How long does the process take?
>>
>>47133343

Definitely depends on the office and how valuable it is.

A low-level sales office won't have much more than a badge-based entry system and a camera or two. No scan for exit.

High security R&D buildings could easily have all the things you mentioned on entry and exit.
>>
>>47133436
How do you handle loss prevention so the wage slaves don't walk of with 20 renraku sensei commlinks?

Automated factories where drones handle assembly and boxing and shipping?
>>
>>47133492

It's actually really hard to steal anything that's wireless enabled (like a renraku sensei). The skills required are far beyond the average wageslave, in any case.

Until you go to the equivalent of the Apple Store and buy a device, the corp is that device's registered owner. The owner of a device can locate the device whenever it's connected to the Matrix, and the device needs to be connected to the Matrix to have its owner changed.
>>
What is the status of the band KISS in the Sixth World?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NaUmHF5blE
>>
>>47131824
Law is created by the man. Money lessens the power-gap between us and the rich elite. Doing crimes for money is inherently fighting the man!
>>
>>47133492

Remember most items are RFID tagged so I imagine if you have someone going around burning the tags and running off with them it will be noticed.

They might not stop him immediately but sure enough the main branch is notified and Lone Star party van is on it's way to bust your ass.

A more complicated way of doing it would be a mixture of juggling the books to make it so the items are off the books as purchased (even if they are not)

and having someone who's good enough to hack/jail break the devices as per >>47133569
>>
>>47133492
Honestly, if you took Joe Super-Average (who is an average Human and has just under professional grade skills in everything, so six dice), they're not able to get the 24 successes needed.

You couldn't even assemble a large enough team of Joes to reasonably make the total difficulty without either being found (being traced via the matrix) or running out of dice.
>>
>>47133838

Pretty sure they're dead by the 2070's, if not dead by the 2050's.

Doesn't mean that there won't still be devoted KISS fans or tribute bands, though.
>>
>>47134075
You're implying that Gene Simmons won't have jumped onto leonization the moment it comes out after having been on magical anti-aging treatments for decades, then proceeding to take KISS to the stage again with unpaid virtual band members and spearhead it by selling his old band junk for millions of nuyen a pop.
That man could transcend death twice over for half a quarter coin just so he could sell it for scrap metal. Never underestimate the most money-grubbing, perfidious, underhanded cash-cow exploiter in the modern world, especially not when he only needs to keep himself alive for half a century more before he lives in a society where he can literally have people executed for pirating a song that cost him no money to put out and that the pirate wouldn't have bought anyway.
>>
File: shadowrunner_kera_by_t3h_dyl4n.jpg (399 KB, 780x1074) Image search: [Google]
shadowrunner_kera_by_t3h_dyl4n.jpg
399 KB, 780x1074
>>47134187

That's of course assuming Gene survived VITAS outbreaks and the other general catastrophes that occurred on the way. But yeah, he probably would have been able to do it.

I don't know if there's an explicit date that leonization was made available. Its presence in Shadowtech implies that it's around in the early 2050's and it's within reason that Gene could live long enough to get that treatment.
>>
File: whatsupfellowhuman.png (582 KB, 840x867) Image search: [Google]
whatsupfellowhuman.png
582 KB, 840x867
Can someone give me the rundown of insect spirits? What are they? Where do they congregate? How do you recognize an infestation? How do you kill them?

How intelligent are they? What is their end game? Are they going to just mindlessly consume everyone they can?

Is it possible to play a runner who primarily works as an "exterminator" for insect and toxic spirits? I was thinking of something along the lines of an occult investigator who specializes in offense.
>>
File: picrelated.png (667 KB, 1002x552) Image search: [Google]
picrelated.png
667 KB, 1002x552
>>47134415
>a runner who primarily works as an "exterminator"
>>
File: hm__by_sarinth-d4fmr4d.jpg (345 KB, 566x932) Image search: [Google]
hm__by_sarinth-d4fmr4d.jpg
345 KB, 566x932
>>47134415
>What are they?

Horrible spirits that like infest people to get access to the physical plane.

>Where do they congregate?

They build hives around Great Spirit queen mothers that then do most of the infesting of new hosts.

>How do you recognize an infestation?

People start disappearing and then you start seeing half-human bug people or actual giant magical insects.

>How do you kill them?

You fight them like spirits. Mundanes might have a hard time, while adepts are going to want a Weapon Focus or Killing Hands (better yet, Spirit Claw).

>How intelligent are they?

Most drones are practically mindless. The Queens can be very intelligent.

>What is their end game? Are they going to just mindlessly consume everyone they can?

Nobody's really sure why, but it seems like they're attempting to infest everyone they can.

>Is it possible to play a runner who primarily works as an "exterminator" for insect and toxic spirits?

Sure, that's an interesting background. Someone who came out of Chicago could have a lot of experience in bug slaying.

If you want more detailed info, check out the 2nd Edition book Bug City, and Street Grimoire for bug spirit stats in 5th Edition.
>>
>>47131483
>Side note, I respect the janitor who's having to deal with this. He gave me a 15-minute ban because I encouraged but did not commit the loliposting. Our lords are benevolent and merciful.

I don't. Posting loli should be commendable, not punishable. Maybe something like one free month of 4chan pass for every loli doujin you dump.
>>
File: NakedLunch.png (1 MB, 1250x621) Image search: [Google]
NakedLunch.png
1 MB, 1250x621
>>47134701
>If you want more detailed info, check out the 2nd Edition book Bug City, and Street Grimoire for bug spirit stats in 5th Edition.

Thank you helpful anon
>>
So...is SR Stan Lee an actual vampire now?
>>
>>47135047
Probably hella dead.
>>
>>47135167
Excelsior!
>>
>>47135047

Probably dead. He'd have survived into the Awakening, but probably not long enough to get to leonization.

>>47134795

Null sweat, chummer.
>>
>>47136223

>implying the Ordo Maximus didn't make him a vampire in the 80s

The IEs were active in the fifth world I would assume the vamps were active as well although maybe they couldn't make more?
>>
File: cybercat_by_scorseni-d2d1nz0.jpg (212 KB, 1024x1365) Image search: [Google]
cybercat_by_scorseni-d2d1nz0.jpg
212 KB, 1024x1365
>>47136290

It's my understanding that 5th world vampires were exceedingly rare because there wasn't enough mana from HMHVV to express properly.

I mean, it's your Shadowrun and you can do what you want with it, but Stan Lee probably wouldn't even want to be a vampire.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-EMwqdVCJM

>>47129886
>more jetpacks

There was that wingsuit jetpack in War, right?
>>
>>47135047
nah, he's probably an immortal elf
>>
>>47136497
Kirby, on the other hand, is probably being aped by several spirits of different stripes.
>>
File: a bit closer to heaven.jpg (34 KB, 427x300) Image search: [Google]
a bit closer to heaven.jpg
34 KB, 427x300
>>47132441
>getting double-wide with huge, succulant thighs to become a pear-shaped wet dream
>>
/srg/, I think my GM might actually be having us kidnap a vocaloid. Advice?
>>
File: _Banana Johnson.jpg (118 KB, 600x480) Image search: [Google]
_Banana Johnson.jpg
118 KB, 600x480
>>47133838
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NaUmHF5blE
>Not having some delicious Velma on Daphne action

>You had ONE JOB!

On a serious note (HAH) though, Metal and Glam rock bands are in full swing in shadowrun. Remember, Shadowrun was originally created during the 80s.

There are baseball players who use personachips to recreate famous 50's and 40's stars. I recently read a shadowrun novel about a glam rock band singer and his band being bombed for singing metahuman-friendly texts. The lead singer survived and went to town on humanis.

So yeah KISS would be 100% available. Probably EVO or Horizon made some clones, researched the original KISS member's personalities and fabricated some personafix chips. Then you have real (as real as a fake clone replica can get) KISS in the 2050s or 2070s.

>Pic related is your new Johnson. He needs extra security for his up and coming KISS re-enacment band. They are independant and Johnson wants to prevent Megacorp assasination or other dickery.

BAM, done!
>>
>>47138564
Is it in or out of a drone body?
>>
File: burning bright.jpg (129 KB, 367x599) Image search: [Google]
burning bright.jpg
129 KB, 367x599
>>47134415
Dont forget the book "Burning Bright". It details the Chicago event and gives lots of information about bugs and how to fight them.
>>
>>47138594
It's in a server. We need to make a copy, delete the original, then set the room on fire.
>>
>>47138720
In that case, if singing was what tipped you off make sure to first check that it doesn't have skills in things like ballistics, guerilla warfare, or teaching.

It may not be a vocaloid.
>>
>>47138774
Could still be Miku.
>>
>>47138824
I'm not sure that The Joy/Boss would look as striking with green hair.
>>
>>47138720
Is your target an AI? Because it's impossible to copy them, at least in 5e fluff.
>>
>>47138565
>yfw Ozzy is living up the whole dark prince thing as an actual vampire
>>
>>47138937
They say it's just a synthesizer that imitates speech. So literally a vocaloid.
>>
>>47138774
We think it's a vocaloid because >>47139066
It would be a neat twist if it turned out be an ai
>>
>>47139103
In that case, you're going to have to hope it's a worse negotiatior/less paranoid than it is a good singer, because transporting an AI on something that size is ... difficult if it's unwilling.
>>
>>47139049

>He's also enjoying all the new and exciting drugs the Sixth World has to offer.

>>47140258

In 5e, AI's don't need an entire server to exist on. They can live on commlinks or cyberdecks just fine.
>>
>>47140258
Isn't there a way to "stun" an AI before transfer? Pretty sure Data Trails had something like that, though doing that may have had something to do with AI's essence.
>>
>>47140285
It's more that it's hard to get them to move from one device to another if the AI doesn't want to.

At least if you aren't willing to risk permanent damage.
>>
Don't give the AI brain damage.
>>
>>47140323
There may be some obscure Complex Form or program (more likely, you'd need to homebrew it or the stun program) for that purpose, but the only way that you have by default is to hope that the AI's on a device with fewer Matrix Boxes than it has core boxes.

Then you almost brick the device, demand that it move onto the one you've provided, and then put that thing in a Faraday cage.
>>
>>47140330
We need to set the room on fire anyway so that's a nice motive for it to get in the comlink. Assuming destroying the device an AI is in kills the AI that is.
>>
>>47140765
It just has an increased risk of Fragmentation.

Now, do that enough and the AI is dead, but once or twice is just a horrible maiming. Plus, it could still run across wireless channels if that's available.
>>
>>47140765
Chances are it's not an AI at all. If the task is to copy and delete it, it should be something on the level of a pilot program, not an AI. And I don't think a pilot can object your wishes once you pass the test, since it's just a file.

Just be prepared that it might be in something that does more than just sing.
>>
>>47140873
Are you saying you think it can control roombas?
>>
>>47140926

No, it can control singing animatronic drones.
>>
>>47140779
If that was a possibility we wouldn't be breaking into the building
>>47140873
Yeah, as I said it's probably not, but that's be a nice twist.
>>
So, when you've got Astral Sight on, and you assense someone, you look at their aura.

Living things glow, nonliving things do not, so if someone is using astral perception to look for you, you could hide inside a hedge, but not inside a cardboard box.

Do I have this correct so far?
>>
>>47141740
I don't think astral sight goes through nonliving things.
So you could totally hide inside the box.
>>
>Get a job hunting down some rogue Rigger who fucked with SK
>Rigger is a former Spider, his MO is using automatons and androids en masse to do his work for him
>Our only lead points to an automated factory
>That makes and stores sex androids

I'm fucking terrified.
>>
>>47141740

>>47141794 is correct.

The box could even be made out of glass and it would still hide you from Astral Perception, because even though it's physically transparent, it's solid and opaque on the astral.

>>47142010

That should be a hoot and a half.
>>
How would one go about sneaking corpses away from runs?
>>
>>47142138

Give me something to work with.

What kind of resources you got, any vehicles, drones?
>>
>>47142166
It's for a character idea I'm still working on. Stealth-based assassin, so probably no drones, definitely a ride of his own. He'll need to do it often enough, so definitely got some dosh put towards doing that on a semi-regular basis.
>>
>>47142010
Are you supposed to kill him? If so, just burn the building down.
>>
>>47142138
Be a naga. Swallow corpse whole, regurgitate it later.
>>
>>47142138
>sneaking corpses away from runs
>Stealth-based assassin

Wait, whose corpses are you gonna be taking? And why?

Are you planning on stealth-killing guards and taking the bodies? That can be frowned upon - first because killing chumps can piss off their employers, secondly because stealing bodies is kinda creepy. What's wrong with just knocking them out and shoving them in a closet?

You're not a ghoul or something who needs to eat people, are you?
>>
>>47142318
If he is a ghoul, he'd be better off eating hobos.
>>
>>47142193

Roll as a DocWagon, CrashCart or Medicarro employee. Nobody will look twice at someone from one of the major medical services hauling bodies into a body wagon.
>>
File: project_001_by_grafik-d826ujt.jpg (234 KB, 700x1050) Image search: [Google]
project_001_by_grafik-d826ujt.jpg
234 KB, 700x1050
>>47142337

That's what I'm thinking. The only reasons I could really consider needing to extract multiple corpses on a run are:

>That's what the Johnson's paying for
>You're pulling 'ware out of the bodies
>You're selling them to Tamanous
>>
File: 1450117999539.jpg (134 KB, 500x730) Image search: [Google]
1450117999539.jpg
134 KB, 500x730
Brainstorming a one-shot to do with some friends. Tell me if this sounds fun.
>runners hired to infiltrate sense-den, casino on the first few floors and sensies down in the basement
>need to infiltrate to basement and extract data file sewed inside someone
>same time: casino gets robbed by amateurs, security shows up guns blazing
>casino gets put on lockdown
>their faces when
>>
>>47142662
No reason why not
I think it's p. Cool.
>>
File: asura_1_by_hitsu-d7id324.jpg (723 KB, 881x1200) Image search: [Google]
asura_1_by_hitsu-d7id324.jpg
723 KB, 881x1200
>>47142662

Yeah, that's a pretty solid twist. Have they played Shadowrun before? If not, you might consider warming them up with a more straightforward run before you start throwing in the unexpected.
>>
>>47142760
Thanks! Any suggestions welcome.

>>47142841
One has, I haven't GM'd but I played Returns + Dragonfall. I figure I would do the intro to bring them together and create some familiarity first. Maybe an Ant-Man-esque thing where the guy asking them to rob the place tests them by getting robbed first.
>>
>>47134728
You want to do that on a porn board, go ahead. /tg/ is blue like your balls should be.
I stand by my deleted post that it was funny as heck dealing with an early thread, but still off-topic shitposting
>>
I'm sure I already know the answer but say I wanted to make a runner with high charisma but a mild to serious mental illness along the lines of paranoid schizophrenia...

Problem is, although I am doing research on schizophrenia, I don't have it and want to know how hard it can be to live with, and how long I could expect my runner to last while suffering with it. Not sure about severity yet, so I'm using your thoughts to determine how "crazy" to get (also sorry if I offend anyone and yes I'm apologizing on an anonymous message board deal with it) Have any advice?
>>
>>47142662 this guy here
Is the Splintered State stuff any good? Just did a quick look for fun intro adventures to work with.
>>
File: cyber_ghoul_by_ilichu-d8njukv.png (497 KB, 900x1034) Image search: [Google]
cyber_ghoul_by_ilichu-d8njukv.png
497 KB, 900x1034
>>47142938
>bring them together and create some familiarity

Sounds like a perfect time for Food Fight (or Fast Food Fight). There's a reason they're the go-to missions for new groups.
>>
>>47142972
As the OP, it was hilarious. Still reported.

>>47143152
Try this;
http://www.savevsdm.com/pdf/SR4-101Scenarios.pdf
>>
>>47143061

Bumping
>>
>>47143255
Think I'll start with that, run it with Splintered State,
>>47143275
and then maybe end out with one or two from these if they want to keep playing.
>>
>>47143061
>>47143532

You might want to look at the various Negative Qualities that can represent mental illnesses and see if one fits the concept you're going for.

Some you might consider, along with the 5e book they're listed in:
>Antipathy (Chrome Flesh)
>Berserker(Run Faster)
>Bi-Polar (Run Faster)
>Blank Slate (Chrome Flesh)
>Cyberpsychosis (Chrome Flesh)
>Flashbacks (Run Faster)
>Incomplete Deprogramming (Run Faster)
>Phobia (Run Faster)
>So Jacked Up (Chrome Flesh)
>Social Stress (SR5 Core)
>Superhuman Psychosis (Chrome Flesh)
>>
>>47136497
Stan sure seems to have a lot of opinions on drinking blood for someone who isn't a vampire.
>>
Any tips for a successful first SR DM?
>>
File: SR GM Advice.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
SR GM Advice.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>47143790
I found this scouring the internet the other day.
>>
>>47143787

You think Stan Lee would do that? Just go on the internet and tell lies?

>>47143790

Try to find a happy balance between keeping things moving and playing by the rules. If a question comes up it's often best to quickly make your own ruling and move on, but note down what you weren't sure about.

After your session, you'll have a list of things to look into and run correctly next time.

It's a good idea to have your group to make characters all together. This is the best way to make sure nobody's stepping on anyone's toes and can let you set up how the group knows each other to begin with.

Also, read this: >>47143905
It's the New GM advice from the pastebin in /srg/'s OP.
>>
>>47143699

Thanks but I was really trying to get a feel for the actual condition and how effective a schizophrenic runner really could be.

I mean, they're supposed to be elite career criminals right? What kind of coping strategies would a paranoid schizophrenic runner have?
>>
>>47144499
Medication.
Even today there are a lot of drugs that can help with mental disorders like schizophrenia, I have a friend who has/has something like schizophrenia, sometimes she sees things that aren't there, but when she's on her medication she's just like anyone else.
>>
>>47144499
>how effective a schizophrenic runner really could be.

Properly medicated, they might not be much different from a regular runner. And from what I've heard, well-managed schizophrenics can oftentimes distinguish between delusions and reality more often than not.

In-play, they might ask other runners odd questions to help distinguish when something's a delusion versus reality. The added magic nature of the Sixth World probably makes the process a little harder.

They'd probably not be the best in solo roles like infiltration, but I think a mage/face could handle it fine.

>"Hey, were that guy's eyes on fire?"
>"What? No."
>"Okay, just checking."
>Cue puzzled stares
>>
>>47145061
>>47145048 here, yeah, my schizo friend has said 95% of the time she can tell if something is real or not, but if she's tired, just waking up, etc, the lines get a bit more blurred.
>>
>>47145137

Yep, that mirrors what I've read about living with schizophrenia.

>>47144499

Talking more about how it would go in-play, I think the best representation would be the 15 karma version of Flashbacks, with a trigger of "Whenever the GM feels like it."

A character could try to self-medicate with cheap, long-duration Charisma or Willpower boosting drugs like Novacoke, Hurlg, Red Mescaline. The drug Guts could also stop them from freaking out on a run, but has the drawback of making them extremely reckless.
>>
>>47145347
They could also use the price/addiction values for that TLE-x anti-seizure drug, but have it lower the threshold/give bonus dice to detecting if something is real or not.
>>
>>47145137
Man, I get that without being schizo.
Then again, I can count the number of drugs I haven't done on one hand.
>>
>>47144499
Breaking into pharmacies and stealing medication, assuming they have a diagnosis and at one point had someone tell them what kind of dosage to go for.
>>
File: concepts_ruiner.0.png (1 MB, 1500x1042) Image search: [Google]
concepts_ruiner.0.png
1 MB, 1500x1042
>>
>>47145137
Oh, also the "Voices telling you to murder people" is mostly hollywood stuff, sometimes schizos hallucinate sound but it's extremely rare for those hallucinations to be concious voices, usually it's mundane sounds like scratching, a car, a bark, etc.
>>
>>47145530

I'm eagerly anticipating this game's release.
For those who aren't aware: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkjIsnjKhew

>>47145554

Right. Auditory hallucinations are also significantly more common than visual hallucinations.
>>
File: man-light.jpg (417 KB, 1200x2422) Image search: [Google]
man-light.jpg
417 KB, 1200x2422
>>47145675
I really want to make a Street Sam based on the main character.

Just some chromed up hyper violent goon who wears a leather jacket, business shirt, and something to obscure his face. I feel like there are too many gimmicks floating around in that character archetype, and I feel like something like that would be actually pretty interesting to play.
>>
>>47145675
>>47145747
I really like the mask he wears, a dynamic display mask is such a simple idea but I'd never thought about it before.
There's also something super stylish about beating people to death with a big 404 - FILE NOT FOUND error on your face.
>>
File: Sweating Hotline Miami.png (183 KB, 1050x730) Image search: [Google]
Sweating Hotline Miami.png
183 KB, 1050x730
>>47145675
>>
File: bytslwia8oxhehs7h2nx.jpg (46 KB, 800x1237) Image search: [Google]
bytslwia8oxhehs7h2nx.jpg
46 KB, 800x1237
>>47145747

I can dig it, man. Simple and sweet.

Really just needs a Cyberarm of Doom, Custom Ballistic mask with an Electrochromic mod, and your choice of Initiative boost.

Not sure if there's a good way to represent the game's dash mechanic beyond just high initiative, though.

>>47145791

It's also entirely possible to have one in Shadowrun, thanks to electrochromic clothing.
>>
>>47145836
Hydraulic jacks, maybe.
It reminded me a lot of the masking helmets from psycho pass.
With all the themes of "humanity" in cyberpunk I'm puzzled why masks aren't touched on more, the psychological distancing effect masks have for both those wearing them and those observing people wearing them are very interesting.
>>
File: guards.png (2 MB, 2560x1826) Image search: [Google]
guards.png
2 MB, 2560x1826
>>47145932
Makes sense.

I also like the idea of a standardized face being required uniform for jobs in cyberpunk.
>>
>>47145675
Man
I really just want to run the most pink mohawk fucking game where jacket from hotline miami and this guy are my adept and street sam.

I mean, I'd like to play in it, but I am going to be forced to run it.
>>
>>47146299
I wonder who would fill in the other archetypes that jacket and ruiner aren't filling.

Or maybe it would just be a pair of killers ruining places?
>>
>>47146299

I feel like every run would go like this.

>Roll up to a mafia compound
>Hear the bass thumping
>Punch the doorman's brains out
>Shit goes wild
>Picking guns off corpses
>Blood everywhere
>Silence
>Walk back to car with sirens blaring in the distance

Add in The Plague from Hobo With a Shotgun to get your 4-person group of remorseless psychos.
>>
File: Mario.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Mario.pdf
1 B, 486x500
r8 my adept
>>
>>47146299
>run game
>jacket and ruiner are NPCs
>the players are the targets
>and it turns out they were doing it for the good of the community, not for money

>players start shitty dm thread
>>
>>47146387
man, those guys had such a ridiculous killing gimmick.

I wonder if there is even a johnson.
>>
File: alumina_by_e_x_p_i_e-d80h6ud.jpg (225 KB, 848x1200) Image search: [Google]
alumina_by_e_x_p_i_e-d80h6ud.jpg
225 KB, 848x1200
>>47146460

Fabulous.

>>47146461
>I wonder if there is even a johnson.

Jacket has his phone, and The Plague guys were available for hire in their movie. Ruiner seems to have some kind of contact as well, so there's plenty of avenues for them to get their missions.

>ridiculous killing gimmick
Is there a way to build that Noose gun? That thing was sick.

For those who don't know: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otFW-xb9J1U

>>47146429

Much improved since last time. My recommendation this time is to look for room for 1 rank of the Combat Sense adept power, since it's really nice. I'd trade Danger Sense and Spirit Claw (Punch should be good enough for nailing spirits).
>>
>>47146550
How does anyone hire these guys
They're all mute and the closest thing they do to talking is make scary machine noises and kill people
>>
>>47146460
>jacket, ruiner, or the plague as a complication in a guarding run
Oh my god I am stealing this
>>
>>47146562

The Plague can and do talk, and if I'm remembering the movie correctly, they're literally hired by calling them on the phone.

>"She killed Grinder! Now she must take his place... in The Plague!"
>>
>>47146562
in SR, this can easily be solved with comlinks and direct neural interfaces. No need to speak when you can think whatever you want to say at your comlink and have it send/broadcast it. (It will be considered rude in some places, but these two won't exactly care.)
>>
>>47146562
You give him a call, duh.

"Hey, our buddy, Shadow McRunner, is selling a bicycle I want. Could you take a look for me? He's at 3993 Elm St."
>>
>>47146657
oh, then they get to be the face.
Great, now we've got a group!
Also, that fucking alternate ending
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7IzT_9klZo
>>
>>47146686
Even without DNI, there's still touch screen interfaces, AR gloves, and even keyboards depending on the device in question.
>>
>>47146686
>>47146706
I am unsure if silent protagonists can talk even with DNI
>>
>>47146550
How does stun damage even work for spirits? I don't think they have a stun track?

Danger sense comes with Dragonslayer. Spirit claw's a nice option for when I can't cast spells. I'll drop attribute boost (don't really need the die), and light body (die could be useful, but not sure how often I'd need to jump, but then again, that's totally Mario's thing).
>>
>>47146695
I wonder if my players would recognize the value of a number they can call for free assassination services.
>>
>>47146752
>How does stun damage even work for spirits?
The same as for meatbags except they fuck off home instead of collapsing unconscious when their track is filled.

>I don't think they have a stun track?
They do.
>>
>>47146752

Spirits have a stun track, and they're banished when it's full just like when their physical track is full. Page 302, SR5 for reference.

>>47146719

...?
...!
>>
What's the meme cyberdeck of the month for deckers?
>>
>>47146990
>meme cyberdeck of the month
>of the month
>month

Have you seen the price of these things, chummer?
>>
>>47146990

I hear the Little Hornet is where it's at for the decker on a budget.
>>
>>47146990
Evotech Himitsu.
>>
Why is this thread full of catgirls?
>>
>>47147601
Only this thread? Oh, boy!
>>
>>47147601
Earlier, it was full of lolis. Then the dumbass mods and jannies struck.
>>
File: 1275528943656.jpg (147 KB, 1280x843) Image search: [Google]
1275528943656.jpg
147 KB, 1280x843
>>47144499
>>47145347
Sometimes, I'll hear my Moms voice call my name in the middle of the night as if she was right next to me.

Doesn't matter how asleep or awake I am, I'll have a major panic attack for about five seconds were I look around wildly as my heart pounds in my chest and I hyperventilate. It subsides over a minute as I realize it wasn't real. Once and awhile I have to go check where everyone in the house is before I can relax again.

A lot of the time my own voice will speak to me, usually it's something self degrading but other times some thing like, "Who the FUCK does that guy think he is talking to us like that!? Do something drastic!" then I have to talk "myself" down.

My coworkers will catch me mumbling to myself every so often when this happens and I have to fight my embarrassment and say something like, "Just thinking out loud!" cheerfully.

There's more, but I'm losing confidence, so I'll stop now.
>>
>>47147947
That second bit about the self degrading stuff could just be depression/anxiety. So just disregard that.
>>
>>47129886
>Shadowrun needs more jetpacks.

I dunno. I always figured the dread of hearing helicopter rotors before the the corps HRT rappel through the skylight was important.

The same HRT with jetpacks would be possibly near silent (if they stopped using them for the last half kilometer of approach) and it'd remove the GM courtesy of "you don't get to cover when you hear this, you only have yourself to blame"

>>47134415
>Insect spirits
>Precis pls

This topic is ultimately broad enough that it could do with its own chart, citing the differences between how they're depicted and treated across editions and videogames.

My 2 cents:
>Can someone give me the rundown of insect spirits?
Essentially, they were a pre-internet nightmare unveil early in Shadowrun's existence. To a 40K lore familiar action film loving player I might describe them as "Insect equivalent of an almost undetectable magic driven genestealer cults about to open a hole in the warp to let hive fleet James Cameron Aliens go full GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER on the entire setting."

>What are they?
Insect spirits is a catch all term for "players aren't using these as their spirit animal: bug edition". That said there's some oddities like mantis spirits that primarily consume other insect spirits.

>Where do they congregate?
They're opportunistic, but seemingly favour population dense urban areas over rural ones, with Chicago being a major example

>How do you recognize an infestation?
Often, you don't. The whole "is this a front for Insect Spirits?" is a ploy for GMs to unnerve the players with even when they're not using them. The Universal Brotherhood was a bunch of charitable do-gooders
That said, warning signs:

How do you kill them?
- Fire. Some specialised weaponry.

>Is it possible to play a runner who primarily works as an "exterminator" for insect AND toxic spirits?
IMO even a whole megacorp division, let alone a prime runner would struggle to do 1 of those 2 roles, but GM alone decides not me.
>>
File: joker.jpg (284 KB, 1000x507) Image search: [Google]
joker.jpg
284 KB, 1000x507
Do you make boss characters for your players to fight frequently? I took a step back and realized that in every single session I have run, there is always a really beefy, really tough fighter that the players gotta deal with.

The first session it was a badass security guard that fought like a riot-knight, the second session it was a dude on a motorcycle with a sidecar that had an LMG on it, taking inspiration from pic-related, and the third session it was, in all essence, Max Payne.

I think the players enjoy it, because it causes them immense pain until they overcome it, and then they're all happy and shit.
>>
File: 1437957758795.jpg (79 KB, 534x712) Image search: [Google]
1437957758795.jpg
79 KB, 534x712
>>47148971
>>Is it possible to play a runner who primarily works as an "exterminator" for insect AND toxic spirits?
>IMO even a whole megacorp division, let alone a prime runner would struggle to do 1 of those 2 roles, but GM alone decides not me.

If he's trying to take on the world, he doesn't have enough resources, but there's definitely a niche for an exterminator of magical trouble. Almost certainly should be a Mage, initiated a couple of times and with some heavy weaponry, whose plan of attack is 'assense where the shamans are, use spirits as bodyguards to get you close enough, then blow the shaman's brains out.' It's not foolproof, but it can work, and it adapts to other things like hunting Infected or dangerous critters.
>>
File: 1439033762060.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1439033762060.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>47149030
I like making signature opponents, partly because creating these guys is a lot of fun and partly because it adds character to the hordes of security mooks.

Maybe it's some famous corporate samurai, but alternatively it could be a mad German spider and his Castle Ravenloft host, or a Amerindian wizgang leader with a penchant for Turn To Goo. They might not always be in charge of security (or they'll be in charge of part of it, like a Red Samurai bodyguard of an executive who happens to work in the same facility the party needs to break into for a datasteal), it might be as simple as twin trolls with matching miniguns in the lobby, but they're usually around to put a face on their opponents and leave me a roster that I can pull from for a 'the bad guys team up and hunt the party' arc
>>
>>47149036
>there's definitely a niche for an exterminator of magical trouble.
Agreed. I'd imagine that some runners would simply become zealots about wanting bugs wiped out after losing a friend or loved one to them, and Mr. Js would be more than happy to keep a few of them in their black books when they need someone who'd knowingly accept a run against a hive.

>Almost certainly should be a Mage, initiated a couple of times
See, I'd disagree here. Maybe I'm paranoid, but I'd imagine a rigger who could afford to sacrifice assets and to misdirect the hive's attention would be a better build; distance from threat also means a greater survival chance when the mission goes to hell. Sort of stealing the "queen and drones" tactics to use against the hive.
That said, I'd imagine any successful run to need magical surveillance, but I imagine that role would have a lot of staff turnover/runner burnout.

>and with some heavy weaponry, whose plan of attack is 'assense where the shamans are, use spirits as bodyguards to get you close enough, then blow the shaman's brains out.

See, to me, I'd favour something similar (targetting the shaman as a priority I completely agree with), but with a mix of drones and Ares Incendiary explosive bombs (fire damage). Spirits can't be sacrificed without repercussions the way drones can; shit gets complicated over time.

That said, I've not playtested this, and don't know if the expenditure would be sustainable over long term.
>>
>>47149151
It also depends on how many people there are that have some tech skills (or the right kinds of magic) and aren't completely eaten by the bugs.

If somebody had a high rating jammer and somebody in the hive still has enough mind to use it, well, you could be in for a worse day.
>>
>>47145747

This is the classic street level hitman who snagged some beta grade ware. You know the kind that assassins like Balladeer/Sombersby says arent assassins.
>>
File: cherry_by_dopaprime-d9medf1.jpg (167 KB, 800x999) Image search: [Google]
cherry_by_dopaprime-d9medf1.jpg
167 KB, 800x999
>>47147601
>Why is this thread full of catgirls?

Because I found about 500 cybercatgirls and decided I wanted to post them all. 350 down, ~200 to go!

>>47147613
>Only this thread? Oh, boy!

If it really grinds your gears, let me know and I'll stop. I'm not trying to be obnoxious, and it seemed like it wasn't bothering anyone.

Though maybe that's just because loliposter was more frustrating than I was.
>>
>>47150072
I just worry the thread will get bogged down with too many imagedumping. Make sure to post catgirls alongside your regular posts and its not going to be annoying for me.
>>
File: pest-control.png (2 MB, 1302x869) Image search: [Google]
pest-control.png
2 MB, 1302x869
>>47149036
This is more along the lines of what I was thinking. Someone who is more of a specialist in this particular problem.

I threw in toxic spirits because I thought only bugs might be TOO niche but anon is right: toxic spirits and bugs may be too much. Anyway, the skills the character has to fight bugs won't be totally useless if the character goes on non-bug runs.
>>
>>47129908
If your players are starting out as street-level mooks, give them street level drek to handle - extra muscle at mob meets, shakedowns etc. play up the politics of gang infighting and progression. lore wise, you could look at corps your gang is tied to if any and have them go on missions that are going to be quick and brutal - there's a reason shadow runners are hired for certain jobs, and gang mobs for others
>>
>>47149126
I'm gonna use some of those, thanks.
>>
>>47149151
>a rigger who could afford to sacrifice assets and to misdirect the hive's attention

Wouldn't a summoning mage be better here? Insect Spirits are spirits and have that pesky Immunity to Normal Weapons, so drones need some serious firepower to handle them effectively.

>>47150110
>post catgirls alongside your regular posts and its not going to be annoying for me

Cool, glad to know my usual M.O. isn't an issue (for you, at least).
>>
>>47151432
That anon pointed out fire-based weaponry, which is pretty effective (especially when dealing with hybrids), and that spirits aren't great for feeding into a meat-grinder situation if you want to maintain a good relationship with them; I imagine binding a bunch of spirits and telling them you're going for a walk in a combat zone will get you a metaplanar kick in the ass.

That said, I still say mages are better; add that flagellant quality and play some psychotic crusader, driven to exterminate evil from the world, and all your spirits are reflections of that single-minded, self-sacrificing aesthetic.
>>
>>47151432
Immunity to Normal Weapons isn't that bad at lower forces. Twice Force in armor, Force in extra damage resistance dice, and half Force in automatic successes.

Stick-n-shock or ADPS can mostly or completely get rid of that 'armor' at lower Force/Essence ratings, and from there it's like hitting a really lucky target.

Except when the target gets actually lucky. Then it's just really annoying.
>>
Isn't there some chemical lethal to bug spirits?
I thought you could literally fumigate them out.
>>
>>47151638
Florescent Astral Bacteria, yes. Problem is, it's inimical to Magic as a whole, not only bugs.
>>
File: Age of Sigmar.jpg (19 KB, 355x341) Image search: [Google]
Age of Sigmar.jpg
19 KB, 355x341
>>47151638
FAB III was designed for that. Unfortunately, it also poisons the astral space for years to come (and Chicago is not looking any healthier these days, so make that more like 'decades at least'). Win some, lose some.
>>
>>47151670
I didn't realize that shit was lethal. I thought there was some specific FUCK BUGS chem I could get.

Though, that alone sounds fine.
>>
>>47151638

They all have Allergy (Severe) for Insecticides, so grenades full of the SR equivalent of Raid can do some pretty solid work.

>>47151585
>spirits aren't great for feeding into a meat-grinder situation if you want to maintain a good relationship with them

Yeah, that's a good point. Also that webm is intriguing and I wish to know more.

>>47151592
>Immunity to Normal Weapons isn't that bad at lower forces

You still have to kill the Queen if you want to slay the hive, and they tend to be higher on the force scale.
>>
>>47151638
There is KE IV

KE IV
Vector: Contact
Speed: Immediate
Penetration: 0
Power: 8
Effect: Acid Damage, Berserk (see below)
With the advent of insect spirits and various deadly Awakened
insects such as the wyrd mantis, chemists have been working for a
more potent insecticide than commercially available products. KE
IV is a combination of concentrated insecticides; their combined
effects on insect physiology produce internal acids (treat as Acid
damage) that dissolve the critter from within. KE IV is also toxic
to metahumans if ingested (but not on contact). Insect spirits hit
with KE IV may go berserk in the same manner as Bear shamans
(see p. 192, SR4).
>>
File: Fucking Camarillas.jpg (443 KB, 975x1920) Image search: [Google]
Fucking Camarillas.jpg
443 KB, 975x1920
>>47151697
>Though, that alone sounds fine.

Yeah, you do that. I'll sit way over here and wait for a free spirit to come knocking on your door one night. Or maybe Greenwar, or just a bunch of pissed-off shamans.
>>
File: 1460240115819.jpg (58 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1460240115819.jpg
58 KB, 400x400
Have you ever met a runner with an exit plan to get out of the game with their gains and live a peaceful life?
>>
>>47151759
Nope. I'm still buying nerve gas for the possibility of needing it for future runs because I have so much money I can't find a way to spend it all.
>>
>>47151706
pros
-kills the bug
-no more tricksy spells
cons
-bus is VERY ANGRY

>>47151759
most of my runner ideas have one, but I never get to play any of them. does that count?
>>
>>47151759
Yes. They never hold up, because in the process of getting those gains you entangle yourself in a situation where you cannot get out using that plan. You concoct a new plan, which requires new gains, and the cycle continues forevermore.
>>
Yo Chummers,

can someone tell me if there is some listing for prices and availability of critters anywhere?

My character fancies himself getting a hellhound-buddy for life.
>>
>>47151804
correction: bug MAY be very angry
>>
File: Hellhound.png (84 KB, 212x278) Image search: [Google]
Hellhound.png
84 KB, 212x278
>>47151826
Running Wild, 4e.
>>
File: shadowrun portrait.jpg (320 KB, 575x755) Image search: [Google]
shadowrun portrait.jpg
320 KB, 575x755
>>47151759

Yeah, but for the most part they're just fooling themselves.

>This is my last run, I swear.
>I'm out for good once I get enough together.

And yet, they never quite make it.

Most runners wouldn't know what to do it with retirement.
>>
File: cyberpunkBalcony.png (5 MB, 1919x864) Image search: [Google]
cyberpunkBalcony.png
5 MB, 1919x864
Who would ever want to leave the life?
>>
Are cyberdecks basically non-existent in 4e?
>>
What are some useful knowledge skills for a face?
Edition is 4e

>>47152638
In 4e you don't need cyberdecks. You hack through your commlink
>>
>>47152638

Correct. 4e hacking is just done with commlinks. 5e brought cyberdecks back.
>>
>>47152684
>>47152693
Well then, any advice for making a 4e decker, first thought was to see how much decks were and couldn't find them in the core book.
>>
>>47151705
Webm is from Existenz. Neat little movie that got overshadowed by the Matrix but deals with a similar concept in a very different way. Also fleshcrafting and bodyhorror because it is Cronenberg.
>>
So has anyone here played Downtown Militarized Zone? I just ran into it at a local game shop and was wondering if it's worth it for like $20
>>
>>47152758
1.Buy high system, high signal, high response, high firewall commlink
2. Buy needed programs at level 2-6
3. ???
4. Hacking
>>
Can someone explain to me the virtue of cyberzombies in setting? I'm rereading the 2D storytime and they keep getting hit by cyberzombies, but I don't get why corps make them if everyone is so horrified by them. What makes a cyberzombie that much better than a drone built on equivalent parts other than being more hack resistant? It seems to me that they're basically just humanoid drones anyway.
>>
File: Cyberzombie.gif (2 MB, 400x220) Image search: [Google]
Cyberzombie.gif
2 MB, 400x220
>>47153223
The goal is to push past human limits and get a supersoldier- something with the thinking capacity of a human, the killing power of an ultradrone, and the unquestioning obedience of a particularly dim toaster. Regular people don't have to know they exist, but any CEO worth his salt is going to want an unstoppable, adaptable killing machine on hand for those tricky problems.

Plus, there's the side bonus that these experiments also help push their knowledge of how magic, tech, and the metahuman body interact, which they can apply to more commercially profitable avenues.
>>
>>47153291
Maybe it's just how they're represented in the story, but I didn't get the impression that cyberzombies are particularly bright. They're still about as intelligent as their original metahuman is what I'm gathering here? So you could, theoretically, have one sneak around as much as a soulless abomination could before going full murder mode?
>>
>>47153359
A cyberzombie still has all the skills they had before becoming one. The 'zombie' part refers to the fact they should be dead and that only magic keeps them "alive". They aren't brainless like the puppets a hougan animates from a corpse and a weak spirit.
>>
>>47153359
In Dragonfall, the sense I got is that their conscious mind is separated from their instincts, leaving their soul trapped in the body, but once they get the signal to attack or whatever, it uses the mind's training to execute it.

Or something like that. As great as 2D's story is, it's not necessarily canon. The GM takes some liberties here and there to tell a great story, as any good GM should.
>>
>>47153420
The Dragonfall guy wasn't a cyberzombie, more of a prototype of the concept or bio-drone.
>>
File: 1437957643974.jpg (780 KB, 900x1350) Image search: [Google]
1437957643974.jpg
780 KB, 900x1350
>>47153359
Well, the goal is to have them keep their metahuman level of intelligence. The trouble is that making a cyberzombie involves shoving more 'ware into a body than it's essence can possibly take, so it tries to die, so you need a mage to staple the screaming soul to the abominable carcass. This has a somewhat negative effect on their mental well-being, which is to say that they are entirely 100% crazier than a shithouse devil rat.

So they're not stupid per se, they just have minds that are broken and put back together with scotch tape, so they can't think clearly. And they generally don't sneak around, because mental instability and implanted weapons systems don't mix. Usually they're kept heavily sedated in the black labs, and only brought back to consciousness when there's a need for them, and which point they try to implant commands through a combination of magical suggestion, personafixes, and hypnotherapy. It doesn't usually hold that well, and cyberzombies tend to die spectacularly (or their twisted bodies just give out) in a matter of months. 2D's story is unusual in that the hobozombie and America-San kept themselves together, physically and in the latter's case mentally, surprisingly well.
>>
File: the_hitman.jpg (281 KB, 1100x1000) Image search: [Google]
the_hitman.jpg
281 KB, 1100x1000
>>47153223
Because gun drone can't be comfortably cuddled on the time off (after you detach all weapons)
>>
>>47153165
Burn money, gotcha, thanks!
>>
>>47153418
>>47153420
>>47153484
This makes considerably more sense now. Cyberzombies are your go to murderbots when you need a particularly clever and fairly compact murderbot that still takes antitank weapons to put down. If you excuse the 40k comparison, they're like corp eversors. Who die a lot faster because their soul is actively trying to escape.
>>
Does having your arm chopped off cause the essence lose or is it the act of installing a cyber arm that does the trick?
>>
>>47153668
AFAIR there isn't a part that concretely says which it is. It depends if you say that heavy wounds cause essence loss
>yes
then the act of removing the arm does it
>no
then it's the installation of the cyberarm, seeing as a simple early 2000 prothesis doesn't cause essence loss
>>
File: Native Ritual.jpg (129 KB, 736x756) Image search: [Google]
Native Ritual.jpg
129 KB, 736x756
>>47153638
More or less. They're still in the 'experimental' phase and only a handful of corps have made them, but it's slowly getting better. For example, Aztechnology has a very special branch of their special forces called the Shorn Ones, the most dangerous buddy cops of all time. One is a mundane soldier packed with the best 'ware you can get south of the border, straddling the line of cyberzombie; the other is an initiated mage skilled in all manner of arcane power. They probably don't have a black chief who has to explain to Flavia de la Rosa why there's a bill on her desk for half a dozen Citymasters, but they damn sure should.

>>47153668
Installing the 'ware. Getting crippled doesn't affect you, it's forcing technology into your body. There's plenty of cases of people like Sioux Council Elders getting crippled or just old and not using cybernetics because they don't want to mess with their mojo.
>>
>>47153742
Canonically losing parts of yourself from heavy wounds (Limbs blown off, replaced organs, etc) all cause essence loss, BUT, for the purposes of gameplay, they say you don't need to follow that lore.
>>
could someone answer my question?
>>47152684
>>
>>47153851
>canonically
only in 1e-3e
in 4e and 5e it's an optional rule
>>
>>47153897
>I am incapable of separating narrative canon from game mechanics even when someone spells it out for me

this is literally a symptom of autism, you know
>>
>>47153897
>BUT, for the purposes of gameplay, they say you don't need to follow that lore.
Did you not understand what I meant by that? it's still canon in the newer editions, they just say "If you're a pansy don't follow this lore"
>>
>>47153989
>>47153948
I'm >>47153897
yeah I missed that sorry
>>
What was the inspiration for your character?
>>
File: Cyberfinger.png (30 KB, 814x454) Image search: [Google]
Cyberfinger.png
30 KB, 814x454
>>47153948
Not that anon, but it's no longer really canon in the narrative either. Getting a regular prosthetic doesn't impact your essence, getting 'ware does. It's not having your arm cut off, it's stiching a lump of steel into it's place.
>>
>>47154024
Since when? NOT in mechanics, but in lore?
>>
>>47153496
Grab an anthro one, then.
>>
File: 1442265524674.jpg (131 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
1442265524674.jpg
131 KB, 1200x900
>>47154274
Mentioned it earlier; the Shadows in Focus Cheyenne book for 5e, where they talk about how Elders are using assisted living instead of 'ware to avoid burnout, and how Elder Singing Dove is something of a pariah now because she got 'ware following an assassination attempt that seriously injured her, and they view that as a corruption of the body. I'm pretty sure they also say something like that in Chrome Flesh.
>>
>>47154410
>Choose your preferred penis or penises from the bucket.jpg
>>
>>47154410
But they're just old, they're not losing limbs or organs.
>>
>>47153874
Languages, lots of them. Then something that makes your character a bit more fleshed out, because picking your knowledge skills for gameplay advantages is fucking retarded.
>>
>>47154410
Don't know if Chrome Flesh mentions it specifically, but changing your gender is said to not impact your essence in any way, both in terms of mechanics and because only a shitlord would think it should. But then you get some breast implants to appease the patriarchy and it's bye-bye to 0.1 essence.
>>
>>47154475
thanks
>>
>>47154450
There's a .gif for that.

>>47154468
That's why I brought up Singing Dove. The other elders argue that she should have allowed her injuries to kill her because then she would have died spiritually whole, but instead she contaminated herself with bioware.
>>
>>47154510
But that never states whether or not she would have lost essence. That only states that they think getting ware is bad, and will corrupt her spirit. They're not going off of what we in the meta know as essence, they're going off a dislike of synthetics.
>>
>>47154569
a dislike of synthetics due to their effect on the soul. They treat her as a pariah because she wouldn't die with a whole soul, and instead chose to live with a partial one
>>
>>47154597
this sounds like Jehovah's Witnesses to me
>>
>>47154597
But remember, people in Shadowrun don't know what essence is. They only vaguely know of the concept. It's probably a bit of an esoteric fact that in Shadowrun removed limbs and such even subtract from this weird abstraction of essence, considering no one can really get that many limbs and organs removed without dying from biological stuff.
>>
File: Native Elf.png (463 KB, 598x566) Image search: [Google]
Native Elf.png
463 KB, 598x566
>>47154640
They can see the effect on people through assensing; they might or might not know the term 'essence' but they know that cyberware and bioware fucks with your spirit. That's stated to be the reason why obvious 'ware is taboo in the Sioux Nation, and it's why people like the Council of Elders (most of whom are Awakened, and most of those are shamans) would be particularly opposed to it.
>>
>>47154640
they can not only find out if your essence is less than theirs with 3 hits on the assensing test but with one more they can see exactly how much you have left
>>
File: 1455554871278.png (339 KB, 1200x850) Image search: [Google]
1455554871278.png
339 KB, 1200x850
>>47154506
I'm pretty sure the difference with the cyber tits is that they can change size and firmness via mental command, so they interact with your body in ways that your natural state doesn't allow. Hence essence loss.

On the other hand, if you grow tits via hormone therapy, your body actually grew them, so it's fine.

At least that's how I justify it.
>>
Would having a group contact be JackPoint be a good idea of a dumb one.
>>
>>47156019
IIRC JackPoint as a group contact is good enough for it to require a separate quality.
>>
>>47155965

Right, cybertits are silicone and circuitry, which isn't good for your Essence.

They're good for other things though.

>>47156019

The Prime Datahaven Membership quality from Data Trails is explicitly there to support this.
>>
>>47140285
>>47139049

>The rest of the family is still with him in various formats
>The Ozzy Ozbourne show is now a hybrid of what it was and The Addams Family
>The ratings have never been higher

>SHAAAAARON!
>>
>>47155965
I don't think they bother with hormone therapy anymore in Shadowrun, it would make a lot more sense to go straight to the genetic level, with maybe a few hormone excreting glands placed in the person. Of course, a biosculpt is mandatory, because who in their right mind would want to look like some weirdly androgynous crossdresser?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 106

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.