[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Almost Classless System for D&D 5e
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: DS PvP builds.png (85 KB, 500x419) Image search: [Google]
DS PvP builds.png
85 KB, 500x419
A couple days ago I asked /tg/ for help in creating a classless system for D&D 5e. While I worked on it ended up being more complicated than I wanted it to be. You laughed at me and told me to just play a different game. "D&D leveling is find, leave it be."

Did I listen? No.

While not entirely classless, this character progression system is designed to be less restrictive and offer more choices throughout the campaign. (It may also result in slightly broken and OP player characters, DMs be warned)

Even though you laughed, called me a faggot as is tradition and told me to just play another game, I'll ask you fa/tg/guys for help again. Please read over it and let me know if something needs explaining, or if a mechanic seems broken.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yax6b69lqx033u1/The%20Guild%20System%20v0.1.pdf?dl=0
>>
>>47110195
You're an idiot for not just using another system.
>>
>>47110270
I think I made a fantastic decision.
>>
File: 1456365232250.png (5 KB, 291x317) Image search: [Google]
1456365232250.png
5 KB, 291x317
>>47110195
>Pay to win inside the game itself
>Cherry pick the best parts of every single class
I know you wanted this to be a good thing, but it's REALLY not.
>>
>>47110195
Classless systems worked in 3.5 because you could generally brake it down into "Chose your own combination of sub system and stats."

I can't see it working in 5e because the sub systems are much less flexible, and there isn't the base material to rip up for the system.
>>
>>47110395
Gold=experience is a traditional and totally valid way to play D&D.

Though I can't speak to this guy's multiclassing rules because I don't know the first thing about 5e.
>>
>>47110448
Gold=Experience directly relates to the fact that you're a fast/strong/smart enough motherfucker to steal/kill/spell your way to get the gold that's in this dungeon and get it out alive.
Here, it's more like
>You're a level 4 Fighter?
>We can upgrade you to a level 5 Fighter for only 50 payments of 19.99.
I always assumed that you got to spend the gold in addition to leveling up/or it was spent on preparing for the next job, not actually paying to swing a sword better. I get where you would learn to swing a sword better, but at some point you have to wonder how much good a level 19 Fighter can actually get out of paying some yokels 4000 gp to improve his skills.
>>
>>47110395
>>47110448
You gain your own class feats at no cost, same with an archetype.
This anon >>47110514 had it right at first.

Also, at first it was assumed that actual guilds were in play so you had to pay to learn feats from a different class. If the DM decides that they're all free then go right ahead and learn them for free.
>>
What if you could join a limit of 2 or 3 archetypes and interchange them like core feats?
>>
I'm not entirely sure how you could e so dense without tearing a hole in space-time, but have you consider that maybe you should make your own system or play a different one?

Ya know, instead smacking away at DnD with a rock to break off prices you don't like, then looking at the broken, jagged, stunted mess that is left, slapping a sticker on it, and calling it good?
>>
>>47111128
I thought that the base system was a little dumb in regards to only ever gaining low-level feats as you progress. That's why I made this, instead of individual class levels you have a total character level.
>>
>>47110195

Fails to do what it set out to do, because it's still class-based.

Fails to approach any semblance of balance, and you basically admit that you didn't even try.

Fails to make an interesting system, it's just "pay a dude and get kewl powerz".

0/10, back to the drawing board.
>>
>>47110514
19 level fighter would have to train alone because he couldn't find better fighter than him, alone somebody who can teach.
>>
>>47111147
And it's kinda impressive that you made something even dumber.
>>
/tg/ gets SHIT done, alright.
>>
File: UWgRtR.gif (6 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
UWgRtR.gif
6 MB, 500x281
>>47110195
Have you ever considered the possibility that the laughing, name calling, and recommendations that you just play another god damn game wasn't for shits and giggles or "tradition" but because it is in fact a terrible fucking idea?

Just stop playing D&D. For christ sakes just stop.
>>
>>47110300

You wasted your bloody time coming up with a classless system that's literally P2W and acting like you deserve a pat on the back for it?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.