[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/5eg/ D&D 5th Edition General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 35
File: 14440963676617.jpg (42 KB, 428x321) Image search: [Google]
14440963676617.jpg
42 KB, 428x321
M5eGA! edition

>Official /5eg/ Mega Trove, contains all official 5e stuff:
https://mega.nz/#F!BUdBDABK!K8WbWPKh6Qi1vZSm4OI2PQ

>Pastebin with homebrew list, resources and so on:
http://pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>/tg/ Character Sheet
https://mega.nz/#F!x0UkRDQK!l-iAUnE46Aabih71s-10DQ

>New-ish official PDF
>http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/plane-shift-zendikar-2016-04-27
>>
old thread: >>47090628
>>
I'm trying to convert a docx file from Word 2010 to PDF using the homebrew shit from the trove.
The thing is, when I convert it all the formatting gets messed up; page breaks get in weird places, etc.

I read a thing that said to set margins to 0" and change paper size to A4 across the whole document, then let it fix margins. But that didn't help at all, the formatting still looks completely different in the PDF than the original file.

Any of you homebrewfags in this thread willing to lend a hand?
>>
You can choose to deal non lethal damage against any creature that is already at zero hitpoints. This common misunderstanding of the rules is why people don't think vampires are good.
>>
>>47098742
You can't do nonlethal to unconscious creatures man, the nonlethal only works to knock a creature to 0, not after
>>
>>47098782
There's no rule that says so in the book. The only time dealing with this involves any melee attack that reduces a target to zero HP, which is every melee attack at zero HP.

This makes sense: you can kick an unconscious person without killing them or significantly impacting their odds of surviving.
>>
I didn't realize how strong the dual wielding ranger is.

Str Based Ranger with 2 Long Swords at level 5:

With hunters mark and three hits. "4d8+3d6+12"
>>
>>47098742
Cite? The only rule I can find for dealing nonlethal damage involves reducing a target's hit points to zero, nothing about when the target is already at zero.

It also doesn't give any exception to the Instant Death rule there although many DMs may find it's reasonable to rule that Instant Death doesn't apply when knocking something out. Personally I like "Oh God, I only meant to knock him out, not kill him!" as a narrative trope but it would feel cheap as a player.
>>
>>47098880
That's the rule. Essentially, there are no negative hitpoints, so any damage that would take you below zero reduces you to zero instead.
>>
>>47098829
Marking and making an off hand attack are both bonus actions so you've got a turn of setup there. I find it's unlikely to get to attack the same target for more than two turns (when I played a Sorclock I very rarely even got to use Quickened EB on a Hexed target) so it's probably more like 2.5 attacks realistically. Average of d8+d6+4 is 12, so you're looking at 30 a turn. By comparison, the sword and board guy gets two attacks of d8+d6+6 for an average of 28 a turn plus he has +1 AC, a free Feat and a free bonus action every second turn. Add in a magic weapon, reactions, etc and you're probably going to be better off using sword and board.

Prior to level 5 you can justify dual wielding better but after then it's not so great.
>>
>>47098944
Taking damage when you're at zero does not "Reduce you to zero". That is not what the word "reduce" means.

Aside from that, the fact that there's a sentence about instant death "when reduced to zero" and a seperate one about instant death when you take damage at zero hit points strongly implies that there's a distinction there.
>>
>>47099024
Those are rules for when the players aren't choosing to leave the target stable anon.
>>
>>47098742
I thought the misunderstanding about the race came from people who assume that any null they make is under their control.
>>
>>47099131
No, those are the rules for dealing damage to a target with zero hit points. That's why it says "Damage at 0 hit points". There are no rules for dealing nonlethal damage to an unconscious character, largely because there's no reason for any to have existed.
>>
>>47098824
Pages 197 and 292, then go fellate a shotgun
>>
>>47099155
They are fanatically loyal to the nobility, so I'd time that unless a higher ranking vampire says otherwise, they do what their sire says.
>>
>>47099192
I've already clearly explained and cited the rule for non lethal damage at zero anon.
>>
>>47098892
If you hit them when they're unconscious they got 1 failed death save, 2 if you're at 5ft from them
>>
>>47099259
Where? You don't reduce a target to zero hit points when they're already at zero.
>>
A stable creature is still an unconscious one and still has 0 HPs therefore when you hit then they get failed death saves
>>
>>47099155
>>47099131
>>47098944
>>47098880
>>47098824
>>47098782
>>47098742
>>47099290
>>47099279
>>47099262

I rule that a target's AC is effectively 0 when he's under 10% of his health and that any roll below 0 is an autocrit = no nonlethal damage.

If my PCs tried to hit an unconscious target, they'd be autocritting and dealing lethal damage.
>>
>>47099279
You do, because damage reduces HP. It just so happens that the reduction is also zero due to dnd not having negative health.
>>
>>47099227
>I rule that a target's AC is effectively 0 when he's under 10% of his health
Ew
That renders those paladin and barbarian abilities that postpone death basically useless
>>
What happened to the guy who posts the 9gag official approved meme list?
>>
>>47099346
Busy week at work, I've only got time for small shitposts.

Fudging rolls.
>>
I keep ready no and I understand that, per RAW, when you hit at melee someone unconscious, even if he's stable, you give his 2 failed death saves. Also I can't find nonlethal damage for when someone is at 0 HPs. Halp /tg/
>>
>>47099294
none of those anons, but at my table, provided it's a melee attack and the target ends up at zero hit points after the damage is determined, I simply ask the player if they're intending to kill or not. No? Then it's unconscious. Yes? It's dead. I'm not interested in giving my NPCs death saves. I've got plenty more NPCs where that came from.
>>
>>47098720
Just re-do it all on NaturalCrit.com
>>
How would you handle partial surprise?
>party holed up in a building
>one of whom has Alert
>spot some enemies coming to stack up on the front door, don't spot the guys setting up to smash through the walls
>enemies plan to breach simultaneously
So, what's the best plan here? Part of this is setting up this organisation as well trained modern style commandos, so having them come in at the same time seems desirable. I'm thinking that what I'll do is have a surprise round involving all the enemies and the Alert guy where they all move in, but allow the other players to ready actions for the guys coming in the door. Assuming that the players don't want to run out and counterattack before their enemies can get in their first turn is going to be readying actions anyway.
>>
>>47098660
I came across a really fascinating idea for initiative that I want to get your input on. Essentially, everyone rolls as normal, but at the beginning of each turn the people at the bottom of the initiative declare their actions first. So if the order is:

>Ranger (18)
>4 Goblins (14)
>Paladin(10)
>Ogre (5)

Then the DM would start by saying what the ogre is going to do, then the paladin would get to declare his action, then the goblins, and finally the ranger.

The idea is that it's supposed to simulate people being more on their toes being able to read slower opponents. What do you guys think? Does it make DEX too good? Most monsters have pretty shit stats, so I feel like this gives the players an even bigger advantage.
>>
>>47099666
The main problem is that players rarely have any idea what they're going to do before their turn actually comes up, and even then 50% of them will take a minute or two.

Source: let's not kid ourselves, you know I'm right
>>
RAW bloodthirst is complex and requires the help of a third party to stabilize the target every turn, so might homerule it as you want, but that doesn't mean the feature is meh rules as written and probably as intended
>>
>>47099666
>roll high initiative
>can never be hit in melee
Seems stupid
>>
>>47099721
I'm kinda partial to just house ruling it to "If the target dies to the damage" and seeing how that plays out.
>>
>>47099783
That's a valid RAI anyways. This way could refer to the attack.
>>
>>47098824
>This makes sense: you can kick an unconscious person without killing them or significantly impacting their odds of surviving.
For what purpose?
>>
>>47099817
Expressing emotion.
>>
Cleric
>Glyph of Warding
>Geas
>Ressurection

>Glyph of Warding the spell Ressurect on a wall in some secret place with the trigger that only your dead corpse can activate it
>Geas an ally or a quasit or some shit to bring enough of your corpse to the glyph in the event that you die
>>
>>47099628
Sounds good, do it
>>
>>47099886
>geas an ally
For what purpose

Just ask, don't be an asshole
>>
>>47099759
Well how that would be handled is if circumstances change so that an action doesn't make sense anymore, then the person can attempt a new action at disadvantage.

Again, it makes sense if we consider that everyone's turn is supposed to be happening simultaneously.

>>47099696
I have a feeling that this will actually help people stay engaged the entire combat, and not just on their turn. They'll be listening to what other creatures are doing, instead of just playing on their phones and going "I attack".

I also think it will help with making combat more tactical. This way you can think about what you're doing in relation to what's going on around you.
>>
>>47099944
It's not even players being on their phones, it's them not planning ahead. My players are always absorbed in combat, and somehow they still have to think when their turn comes up.

>>47098824
>Body lying mangled and bleeding on the ground
>Kicking it violently won't break a rib, puncture a lung or spill stomach acid on anything
Sure, why not
>>
>think cleric spells are kinda neat
>think clerics are kinda neat
>think that a character who is entirely the bitch of the gods is silly
>>
>>47099886
>>47099931
Have a wizard in the party and make a secret underground base with a bed for each party member, spend some time casting resurrection runes on the beds, have wizard cast contingency teleport on your corpses if everyone dies

Bam, you blacked out, return to the pokemon center
>>
>Bleeding someone out
>Nonlethally
>>
>>47099998
>entirely the bitch of the gods is silly
You might be thinking of paladins.

There's a difference between worshiping/following a god and being its slave. A cleric isn't anybody's bitch - a cleric does what he does because he believes it's the right thing to do.

Think of it this way - if the cleric didn't believe in the god's commands, he'd worship a different god.
>>
>>47099998
Read the rules
>>
>>47099998
Clerics don't have to follow a god, they can be just people who are very closely involved in the chosen domain

>Demigods
>Paragons
>De-powered deities

Etc.
>>
>>47100094
>paladin
>bitch of the gods
Paladins don't even need gods, they just need their oath.
>>
>>47100094
>paladins
>bitch of the gods
This isn't a 2e thread, broseph.
>>
>>47100094
I think you've gotten that a bit backwards, champ
>>
>>47100094
>Paladins
>Needing a god
Kek, they only follow justice
>>
>>47098829

> str based ranger

Disgusting.

You can finally get Dex to damage and attack now, and you still want to go with some lame-ass Strength faggot? Put more points into Dex and max out a 20 Dex character.
>>
>>47100128
He's still right about
>There's a difference between worshiping/following a god and being its slave. A cleric isn't anybody's bitch - a cleric does what he does because he believes it's the right thing to do.
>Think of it this way - if the cleric didn't believe in the god's commands, he'd worship a different god.
though.
>>
>>47100106
You could even fluff it as someone who is slowly becoming a god after finding an artifact belonging to a dead and forgotten deity
>>
>>47100117
>>47100120
>>47100128
>>47100152
Yeah, sorry, bitch paladins are a relic of the past. Doesn't change my point, though.
>>
>>47100106
Guy who believes he is a wizard so hard that he's actually an Arcana Cleric.
>>
>>47100079
>being a vampire.
>not able to lethally bleed someone out and make them a servant

The process is definitely lethal anon, it's just that you're doing it slowly enough that you can convert them.
>>
>>47100007
Pretty sure you can't cast Contingency Teleport in 5e. Contingency has a limit of 5th level for its linked spell. You'd have to use Contingency Teleport Circle and have an attendant ready to drag the body to your resurrection glyph
>>
>>47100134
>not being a goliath beastmaster
>not grappling people and having your snake constrict them or bite them repeatedly for poison
>not throwing your giant crab into combat
>not having your wolf knock people prone and rip out their throats while you hold them in place
>>
>>47099666
I'm always wary of stuff like this, Satan. I'm sure there's at least one game out there where everyone decides what they're going to do then it's all acted out simultaneously and I'm sure it works fine for that game but D&D just isn't designed that way.
>>
>>47099666
How do you handle reactions?
>>
>>47100299
Hmm you're right, but that wouldn't work either because teleport circle isn't an action

Guess it will have to be cloned wizard

>wizard last to die
>clone wakes up
>teleports to party
>teleports the corpses back to base
>puts them on the resurrection beds

Or just clone everyone
>>
>>47100393
Reactions would just happen as usual.

So go from the bottom up, and everyone would declare their actions, then go down the actions list. As you do people could declare their actions. Kind of like Instant spells in Magic.
>>
>>47100452
Under this system its basically impossible for a high Dex warlock with repelling blast and the 300 range invocation to ever die.
>>
>>47099510
This.
If their intent is non-lethal, and it makes sense for them not to be killing the person, they don't kill the person.
If you personally disagree with that, then screw it and say it's lethal.
Own up to the rules at your table.
It should not be so fucking hard for people to wrap their heads around.
>>
>>47100494
Maybe roll percentile dice for initiative, to randomize it a bit more?
>>
>>47100406
>Or just clone everyone
Yeah. It's pretty hard to imagine a scenario where you can make, and use, a glyph of warding (Resurrection) where it wouldn't be easier to just use Clone.
>>
>>47098742
>Drain creature down to 3 max hp.
>Bite creature, rolling 3 or higher on necrotic damage.
>Creature takes 1+Str mod+ 3 damage and dies instantly because that's more than its maximum HP.
>You still don't get a null.
>>
>>47099628
The way I'd do it is all the enemies plus the Alert guy have surprise round, but any of those he didn't spot have advantage on attacks and such. Or maybe just go with the order:
>Guys smashing through the walls
>Alert guy or front door enemies, whoever wins initiative
>Whoever loses initiative
>End of surprise round, everyone else rolls initiative
>>
>>47100609
>>47100609
>if a creature dies this way, it becomes a null.
>a creature dies this way.
>it doesn't become a null.

Nice blatantly false interpretation of the rules anon. Meanwhile, in RAWland, I'm enjoying a zombie army, because the rules clearly say I'd a creature dies due to the drain attack, it becomes a null.
>>
>>47098742
Irony: The post
>>
>that terrible feel when you will never get to play as a player in zendikar because you're the perma dm and your players don't like magic.
>>
>>47100936
>>47100936
Just run Zendikar. Fuck your players. They don't like it, they can go suck someone else's cock.
>>
>>47100936
How would they know you're DMing mtg?
>>
>>47101012
I want one of them to run zendikar for me.

I'm gonna try to brainwash them: run a zendikar campaign so good that if one of them ever steps up to the Dm plate, they will run it themselves.
>>
What are some good warlock spells other than hex? I heard that Armor of Agathys scales really well.
>>
>>47101078
It really doesn't
>>
>>47101078
Command, suggestion, misty step, sleep. That one tentacle spell.
>>
>>47100674
I am just trolling, but RAW
>The target’s hit point maximum is reduced by an amount equal to the necrotic damage taken, and you regain hit points equal to that amount. The reduction lasts until the target finishes a long rest. The target dies if this effect reduces its hit point maximum to 0. A humanoid killed in this way becomes a null.
>Target takes damage more than its max hp past 0.
>Target dies due to massive damage
>Does not become a null.
I hope you're getting all your nulls from creatures that were not at 0 current HP while using your 8 Str melee attack to make sure they die from reducing their max hp to 0 rather than from massive damage.
>>
Has anyone tried out the Fighting Spirit rules suggested by the Angry GM?
http://theangrygm.com/fighting-spirit/
>>
>>47098829
If you're going to be a Str-based ranger, shouldn't you be using a greatsword and Hordebreaker for "6d6+8" and "2d6+4" to the off-target with no feat required, the same AC (because defensive style), and the option to take GWM for +30 damage?
>>
>>47101346
I have been using them and I'm kinda worried they make the party a bit too strong

Last session the cleric got taken down to 0 and he just moved back for a turn, healed up and went back in to crit a lv2 inflict wounds on a boss for 50-something damage, on an encounter they were supposed to run away

I'm happy, don't get me wrong, but later on it might make combat not as exciting
>>
>>47101098
How come? Increased temporary hitpoints and cold damage as the spell level increases. that seems pretty nice.
>>
>>47100406
>Wizard 11, Cleric 10
>Wizard casts Contingency Dimension Door on each party member, target location specified as "twelve feet above X location" (somewhere secure within 500ft of where the big fight is anticipated), trigger specified as "upon death"
>Hole up somewhere secure just before the big boss fight
>Cleric casts one Glyph of Warding linked to Raise Dead per party member, placed around the Wizard's specified location, trigger specified as "if X's corpse touches the Glyph"
>Wizard casts Leomund's Tiny Hut while the Cleric is doing this

If a party member dies, Dimension Door teleports them two feet above the Tiny Hut, which allows them to fall through and contact their Glyph, which Raises them inside the impenetrable dome.

The only hitch is that you need to know the exact location days beforehand, because Dimension door has a 500ft range and Contingency is a 6th level spell.
>>
>>47101645
CL 21?
>>
>>47101657
Two party members. One wizard, one cleric. Wizard needs to be level 11 (for Contingency), Cleric needs to be level 10 (for two level 5 slots for Glyph of Raise Dead)

Shit. Which actually means that the glyphs would need to be in place days befroehand as well, same timeframe as the contingencies, because each one takes two 5th level slots.

Balls. Back to the drawing board.
>>
>>47101645
Yeah 500 feet is the big limiter there. This could be useful in a "defending a town from a huge army" situation though
>>
>>47101645
>>47101728
Oh yeah. On a siege situation it would be amazing.
>>
>>47093659
>5%? That's almost exactly correct.
>Proves it
Spooky. And underrated post.

>>47093946
>What are some good solo magic schematics, fellow engineering?
>>47094112
>Be prepared for him to spout off a bunch of 7th+ level spells.
Or nothing at all. The silence is telling, so here's the best one I know of. Beware: bunch of 7th+ level spells incoming.
>Get to wizard level 17-20.
>Simulacrum yourself
>Cast Magic Circle (level 4+) just in case
>Simulacrum casts True Polymorph to turn an object in the circle into a CR fiend, like a glabrezu or nycoloth.
>Wizard casts Planar Binding (9th level) on the fiend while it's under the Simulacrum's control.
>9/16-2/3 chance you have a fiendish servant for a year and a day.
>7/16 -1/3 chance you have to put down a free-willed CR 9 fiend that can at least dispel magic at will.
Takes one day of downtime and ~2600 GP of reagents.

>>47101098
The 5th level version is 5 times the numbers of the 1st level version. That's pretty good as far as spell's scaling goes.
>>47101078
Hold Person, Invisibility, Fly, and Banishment for scaling number of targets with additional slot levels. Command and Blindness/Deafness from the Fiend patron list scale that way too, and don't need concentration.
>>
>>47101645
Tiny Hut ends if the caster leaves the hut, so it probably doesn't help as much here.
>>
>>47101697
Contingency is self only, too.
>>
>>47101499
I don't usually throw things with hit points at the party if I want them to do something other than fight, but I will keep that in mind.
>>
>>47101822
I like to prepare for any eventuality, they got lucky/planned everything well so they deserve the victory
>>
>>47101803
Really? Well shit, the rest of the party can go fuck themselves then. No martials allowed in the wizard-resurrection-treehouse.
>>
>>47101822
>I don't usually throw things with hit points at the party if I want them to do something other than fight
What if you want a scary-ass encounter with a boss they clearly can't win as part of the plot? You know, "oh shit, he's too strong, we need to summon our elven allies blah blah."

obligatory: do your NPCs not have hit points lol
>>
>>47101902
As it should be. Martials are second class citizens who are rendered obsolete by bag of rat carrying, polearm wielding Bladelocks with plate armor.
>>
Anyone know where to get a working Hero Lab for free?

I FINALLY convinced IRL friends to play and they're all super interested in making characters to bring to the table but I probably couldn't convince them all to buy it.

Conversely, is there an "idiot's guide" to character creation? One of the players was open to doing it the old fashioned way yet despite following the step by step character creation, he had gaps in his sheet and didn't really like that.
>>
>>47102171
>bag of rat carrying
Please leave
>>
>>47102151
They will fight anyway, and they will all die, and they will blame you for "being unfair" and "killing them".

This never works unless you foreshadow it so heavily that the dramatic purpose is completely lost anyway.
>>
File: sharing_your_fetish.png (55 KB, 447x109) Image search: [Google]
sharing_your_fetish.png
55 KB, 447x109
>tfw have to come up with an name for the D&D group

Hold me, i thought DMing was going to be the toughest
>>
>>47102306
Maybe your players are just dumb? My players were close to barely beating a villain. Suddenly a bigger villain shows up and roflstomps the original villain.
You bet your ass they booked it all the way to the Astral Plane.
>>
>>47102151
If I wanted to show off the bad guy with no chance of the party beating him I wouldn't make the confrontation a combat encounter in the first place.
>>
>>47102310
Mr. Fingers and the Chocolate Factory
>>
>>47102310
Well, what kind of party are they? What's their purpose? If they don't call themselves anything at all, what will people start calling them anyway?
>>
File: ClanNaming.png (2 MB, 1919x1073) Image search: [Google]
ClanNaming.png
2 MB, 1919x1073
>>47102310
>>47102473
>What will people start calling them anyway?
I like this approach - it feels more organic.

Also, I spent maybe 3 hours of my life staring at pic related.
>>
>>47102151
Nah, I don't bother keeping track of hitpoints. That's too much effort. I just have the enemies die at appropriate times.
>>
>>47102508
I usually just went with Awesome.
The first one may have been annoying and the second complete babby-mode but dammit I want another TA game.
>>
>>47102473
We're playing OoTA but the group i made got a little popular so i need a name for a sign that's gonna be put outside the room
>>
Our party has a problem with the Fighter. We all agree that certain things just need to die, or a problem has to be solved no matter what, but the ways he goes about killing or solving them are so bizarre it almost seems like it'd be less evil to stab them all in their sleep.

>we locate the bandit encampment that's been terrorizing the village in a nearby cave
>he convinces us to buy a wagon full of hay "for cover" as we approach from atop a hill
>he rams the cart into the mouth of the cave and sets it on fire
>everyone in the cave asphyxiates

>we have to steal some incriminating documents from a minor noble, but his house is full of guard dogs
>decide it's probably best just to shoot them since our Sorc doesn't know Sleep or anything
>Fighter spends the entire day shopping for groceries
>throws steaks full of garlic and onions over the wall
>the dogs are deathly ill by nightfall of the next day and we stroll around putting the puppers out of their misery

>powerful cult of necromancers slaughter a town and set up shop inside
>no way to clear it out in one night, DM obviously trying to make this a multi-part thing where we have to get help from other sources
>make a bunch of deals for aid, one of which supplies us with a large amount of explosives we intend to use to destroy key altars and buildings used by the cult
>Fighter and Rogue are in charge of this operation
>Fighter subdues Rogue, takes the explosives upriver, and detonates the dam
>entire town washed the fuck out

He keeps stabbing minor baddies in the gut and leaving them to die in slow agony, too.
What do
>>
File: Character creation list.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Character creation list.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>
>>47102763
He actually sounds quite inventive (the explosive thing, especially, is pretty ingenious). The main problem is that he doesn't cooperate with the party (subduing the rogue) and is a bit of a dick (slow death). But this former might happen because you don't generally listen to his ideas.
I'd suggest talking to him and reaching some sort of agreement where he doesn't act out against the party but you go along with his crazy schemes when they make sense.
>>
>>47102763
The only problem I see is he refusing to tell what he's going to do beforehand. Other than that, he deserve some cookies for inventiveness.
>>
>>47102763
All of it sounds actually intelligent and awesome. Very pragmatic. Were there any innocents left in the town? Or just the cultists, since you said the necromancers slaughtered the town?
>>
>>47102763
>tfw I come up with inventive and creative situations my GMs just go "you accomplish nothing, now roll initiative"
Where are these awesome GMs I head about here?
>>
>>47102837
>>47102882
It's mostly IC conflicts, since we're all kind of good guys. I think he's being so sneaky about this stuff because every time he mentions a plan beforehand or one that would require someone else in the party to do something (he keeps wanting the Sorc to magically float objects around for stuff, like Tenser's Disking barrels of oil with us at all times), everyone decides his plan is over the line and shuts him down.

Like the time he wanted to poison a well (non-fatally, he swears) to make both the villagers and the bandits sick enough to sweep in and dispatch without issue, or when he wanted to flush the cultists (which the town did not believe existed) out of a manor by setting the whole building on fire because "Sorcerer can easily put it out if it jumps to other buildings".

His one advocate up until the dog incident was the Druid. The other problem, aside from morality, is that he tends to make it really hard to fucking loot things because everything we "fight" ends up buried in fire/rubble/mud.
>>
>>47103062
Like I said, I think you should talk to him and tell him his creativity is appreciated but you would be more open to it if it was slightly less destructive.
All of you are there to enjoy a game, and sometimes that means hitting some sort of compromise.
>>
>>47103115
Oh, the GROUP finds it hilarious.
The PARTY is wondering when he's going to come up with a plan that makes one of us a suicide bomber.
>>
>>47102989
Are you sure you have good ideas? Because I have a player that thinks she's a fucking genious but comes up with the most moronic shit

I.e:

You spot a few bandits and three bugbears in the room through one of the windows
>I throw my barrel of ale in through the window!
... the barrel flies in through the window and breaks on the floor, spilling the ale, the enemies spot you and draw their weapons, roll initiative

Later she told me she thought they would drink the ale
>>
>>47103332
>DAE bad guys in D&D are as dumb as Saturday morning cartoon mooks? XD
>>
>>47103332
Woulda been a great plan if it were a barrel of oil followed up by a torch, or full of 50 snakes instead of booze.
>>
>>47103332
3E as a never-caster was the ultimate crucible for becoming an inventive dickhead. I'll gladly admit to spending too much time staring at equipment lists in old editions and asking myself, "How can I kill the most people using only objects purchaseable in general stores?"

Shit, my first 5E game, I tried to get the party to buy 10 goats and a bunch of rope right off the bat.
>>
>>47103403
That woulda worked, hell it woulda gotten inspiration, but no, too many moves ahead for Ashley the bimbo feylock
>>
File: aroundelves.jpg (108 KB, 365x301) Image search: [Google]
aroundelves.jpg
108 KB, 365x301
>>47103502
>feylock
Everything we need to know.
>>
>>47103332
In lost mines of phandelver, in the first cave, the one full of goblins with a sencond floor, I lit a bonfire to make the dudes from the second floor either choke or at least move, but they did nothing, GM told me the didn't even got affected. Then, in the castle I told the group to dress as the redbrand dudes, because we have the red capes, and the moment we appered before them the attacked us because he thought it was a stupid plan.

Then in another game, with another GM, I tied the macguffing to my sword, as an EK, and threw it down a rift, the BBEG's liutenant jumped down and bragged about his slow fall feature, I just summoned my sword back which should have delayed the monk enough time for us to escape, DM said it didn't work and now I was without my blade.

And these just in 5e.
>>
>>47103531
>Implying charming masters of beguilement and illusion beholden to ancient, uncaring beings with enigmatic agendas aren't cooler than 90% of the Player's Handbook
Hate the player, not the character
>>
>>47103475
That's my mindset when I play too, tavern brawler is my favorite feat just because it lets me get creative with equipment

But there is a difference between that and doing shit like saying "no, I don't want to go in! See? Would a spy say that??" To a guard when caught trying to sneak into a place
>>
>>47102763
>Literally try the cart full of hay in every game ever
>No GM so far has ran with it
why?
>>
>>47103625
We're talking about Fey slaves here, not Illusion-specced Sorcerers who worship Kossuth.
>>
>>47102763
Is your Fighter the fucking Punisher? He sounds awesome and really creative at planning.
>>
File: 1440861405756.jpg (245 KB, 1200x886) Image search: [Google]
1440861405756.jpg
245 KB, 1200x886
>>47102763

>>47102837
>>47102882
>>47102929
>>47103648
>>47103682
>Help guys how do I get this guy to change
Apparently you don't
>>
>>47103601
The first one depends on how big the fire was and what you added to it, so it's debatable but

>no deception or performance rolls when disguised
>denying a class feature just because

Your DM is shit
>>
Will 5e ever get settings as iconic as those of 2e?

Or even character as iconic, love him or hate him, as Drizzt?
>>
>>47103789
>PotA reworked for Dark Sun
>stop PARAelemental cultists from ruining everything
>>
>>47103816
So, riding on the coattails of 2e?
>>
>>47103836
If it ain't broke,

Birthright when?
>>
>>47103836
Everything is riding the coattails of 2e man
>>
>>47103789
Why make new settings when the old ones are still good? If anything, they need to bring more of them back.
I wouldn't mind more characters to give a shit about. Unfortunately, that is dependent on officially-licensed books doing well and Salvatore dying.
Also, fuck Drizzt. Raistlin OG.
>>
>>47103531
Smelly dumb elven scum.
>>
>>47103789
>Will 5e ever get settings as iconic as those of 2e?
3e got Eberron, 4e got Nentir Vale (though people that didn't play 4e heavily barely know about it), so there's a chance that 5e might get one or two fresh settings that survive past a single mention. Hell, going off the Magic stuff for Zendikar, maybe it'll be the edition that gets official MtG settings thrown in the mix.
>>
>>47103789
I'd kill for a planescape update.

My turn: do you think dnd will ever move past binary d20 rolls?

I'd kill for a port of narrative dice or the one roll system.
>>
>>47103531

Plz send more elf images.
>>
>>47104150
Not that anon, but: do they have to be mean to elves? Because I have nice elf pictures.
>>
File: Eldar Waifu.jpg (132 KB, 1015x1200) Image search: [Google]
Eldar Waifu.jpg
132 KB, 1015x1200
>>47104228
You're your own man, anon. Do what you want.
>>
File: 1453744307267.jpg (581 KB, 1400x921) Image search: [Google]
1453744307267.jpg
581 KB, 1400x921
Elfs
>>
>>47102173
Seriously? 5e is fairly stream lined for character creation. Theres even a Quick Build suggesstion for every class. If theyre really indecisive just make tyem roll for race/class/background/etc. once you have your stats and those things are picked you just plunk numbers where hey belong. Hero lab is unnecessary.
>>
>>47104465
>how many tropes can you fit in one picture
>bonus points of they're all elves
>>
File: 1459300015919.jpg (867 KB, 1325x1919) Image search: [Google]
1459300015919.jpg
867 KB, 1325x1919
>>47104700
I like elves :/
>>
>>47098742
>don't bother with Medicine checks for your allies, just punch them in the head
>>
>>47099628
The guys smashing through the walls and the Alert player go first and then next round the initiative order is as normal
>>47099666
That's in the DMG you groin head
>>
>>47103625
You are the servant of what is essentially just a fucking overgrown PLAYERS HANDBOOK RACE.
If you are an elf fey warlock then you are what we call in the keebler forest a bitch, you sold your soul to your fucking next door neighbor because you didn't feel like going to school.
>>
>>47099886
The problem with Geas is that it only happens once per day.

A familiar would just peace out and return to their plane and a PC would just take the hit every day until it runs out
>>
File: 567858675867.jpg (208 KB, 600x420) Image search: [Google]
567858675867.jpg
208 KB, 600x420
What spell can be used to bring a soul back from hell and resurrect them in some way? My Cleric god burned and banished to the nine hells by a cleric of bane for murdering the mayor's wife. (I was trying to kill our party wizard cause he was being a douchebag by insulting my god and stuff) so now I want to make my characters lost child try to bring them back.
>>
>>47105007
Actually, I'm a half-elf that grew up with his human family and went to the forest to look for his father after the human family all died. He didn't find his father, but he got tricked into a pact with Mab.

While she's technically an overgrown PLAYERS HANDBOOK RACE, she's no more so than a dragon is an overgrown PLAYERS HANDBOOK RACE. In both cases, the more badass version came first in mythology.
>>
>>47105123
>Revivify
>Raise Dead
>Reincarnate
>Resurrection
>True Resurrection
>Wish
JFC anon
>>
>>47105123
>I was trying to kill our party wizard cause he was being a douchebag by insulting my god and stuff
Your group is full of idiots.
Also, Resurrection or True Resurrection, given that this is gonna take a while.
Good luck waiting 13 levels.
>>
File: Cool Story pt 2.png (700 KB, 1431x713) Image search: [Google]
Cool Story pt 2.png
700 KB, 1431x713
>>47105007
>>
>>47105199
+ divine intervention
>>
>>47099998
Clerics always have been and always will be more like Moses or Buddha than a saint. Your god chose you because it wanted what you had to offer. Anything you do with divine magic has the implicit will of your god otherwise they wouldn't allow it. That's an incredible amount of power.
>>
>>47102763
Just ask him if he'll let the party in on it first, after all they might have some creative ways to improve and augment the plan.
>>
>tfw using zendikar vampires to go full sultai.
>>
So what kind of cool shit did your group do lately?

>in orc-besieged town
>find out one of the clans bunkered down in distillery
>orc boss knocks one of his workers dead to get the rest back to work
>goes up the stairs to rape a chick
>kill him upstairs
>reanimate the orc worker
>give him a grenade and a keg of gun powder
>give command to walk 40ft, make noise and then activate the grenade
>haul ass out of there
>blow entire block up, leaving only a crater
>>
What kind of fantasy book settings would /tg/ like to see as an official 5e release?

>inb4 LOTR
>>
>>47106689
Wheel of time
Locke lamora
Narnia
>>
>>47106689
I don't read fantasy so I dunno, lol-
But I'd like to see some sort of Darkest Dungeon influence/aesthetic to a setting.
>>
>>47106988

That's Ravenloft, son.
>>
>>47106689
I haven't read much fantasy lately, but maybe Temeraire? I haven't read it, but from what I've heard it's the Napoleonic War with dragon cavalry.
>>
File: snort.webm (485 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
snort.webm
485 KB, 800x450
>>47107069
Ravenloft is a bit too gothic-centric though, no Lovecraftian shit allowed. :/
And the artstyle is shit too, fucking Dracula illustrations from the 50's...
>>
>>47106866
WoT is really cool. I would add the Kingkiller Chronicle beca8se Rothfuss is friends with Perkins.
>>
>>47107171
The whole concept of magic in the Kingkiller Chronicles universe is very interesting, as it works pretty much like real physics. I would certainly enjoy playing a system inspired by that!
>>
File: td59_sunspringSlice.jpg (47 KB, 620x200) Image search: [Google]
td59_sunspringSlice.jpg
47 KB, 620x200
Two Questions:
Does anyone have a map of Zendikar that actually gives a fuck about the lore and is completed?
and
Does anyone know specifically where Sunspring is located on Zendikar?
>>
A bladesinger that uses strength over dexterity is pointless, right? Is there any way to make it work?

Would I just be better off if I played a bard/cleric if I wanted to be a full caster that can also hit people sometimes?
>>
>>47107739
>bladesinger
>pointless

Yes.
>>
File: clang!.jpg (386 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
clang!.jpg
386 KB, 1920x1080
Question how do I make this possible? What would the build be?
>>
>>47107772

My DM would allow me to use it with any race, so I could go variant human and pick up tough. I'm just more interested in not being held back by sucky cantrip damage, plus the lots of great buffs you get from bladesong.
>>
File: wat.png (454 KB, 481x527) Image search: [Google]
wat.png
454 KB, 481x527
>>47107799
Wat
>>
File: sunbreaker time.jpg (82 KB, 600x718) Image search: [Google]
sunbreaker time.jpg
82 KB, 600x718
>>47107821
How do I make a destiny sunbreaker in Out of the Abyss possible? Would I take some levels in paladin and cleric?
>>
Do mystics in UA have too many points? Someone wants to play one and they get 50+ at later levels
>>
>>47106689
Expedition to the Barrier Peaks expanded into a full setting
>>
>>47108185
They have the progression of a full caster with the spell points variant in the DMG (which was originally made with psionics in mind).
>>
>>47108215

You know, at first I thought that was a funny joke, but that actually has some real potential for a sweet setting.

Fantasy heroes fighting sci-fi monsters. Archers firing at alien spacecraft, castles being assaulted by giant robots, that kind of shit. Oh, and all of it should be played completely seriously, it's funnier that way.
>>
>>47107818
> I want to be a Bladesinger
> I consider spellcasting a hindrance to the good parts of the archetype
You're an idiot, and should play something else.
>>
>>47108215
>Expedition to the Barrier Peaks expanded into a full setting
It's called Greyhawk.
>>
>>47108397
Something like 40% of all fantasy written in the 80s had stealth sci-fi somewhere in the setting, and it was glorious. So does everything I run.
>>
>>47108407

Extra attack is more reliable and deals more damage than attack cantrips. It's not about foregoing all spellcasting.
>>
>>47108414
Beat me to it.

>>47106689
I'd want to see the Gentlemen Bastards' setting, but you'd be hard-pressed to make casters work in it.
You're pretty much down to GOOlock if you go strict.
>>
What's the best creature to polymorph an enemy into?
>>
>>47108520
Rabbit/fish depending on the scenario.
>>
>>47108434
Retro-stupid is fun
>>
>>47108434
There's lots of sci-fi in modern fantasy as well. The whole post-apocalypse fantasy world trend comes to mind.
>>
>>47108587
Nothin' stupid about spaceships in muh fantasy. If anything, technology is always less bullshit than magic.
>>
>>47106136
Cool story, bro.
>>
Looking for ideas, dudes.

Running a session tomorrow, and my group is going into the lair of a criminal mastermind that's been a constant thorn in their side since the second session.

Now, the guy is an engineering genius (as I implied with the last session, where he created a series of intricate bombs the group had to disarm before they went off), and he's already shown he likes to toy with them through the few times he's contacted them.

Basically, I need ideas for creative traps/puzzle rooms. Any help is appreciated.
>>
>>47107840
Devotion Paladin 8/UL Bladelock 12
Use a maul, pick up great weapon fighting

2d6+STR+2×CHA+10+smite

per attack

Pretty clangy, plus if you die you explode and live again
>>
>>47098660
On a scale of 1 to Kender, how bad of an idea would it be to try and hamfist a sort of higher tech fantasy into 5E?

I don't mean like Shadowrun. I mean Spelljammer but with blaster guns and a kitbashed mix of fantasy and pulpy sci fi aesthetics.
>>
>>47109617
Could be a great time if your players are all on board.
>>
>>47109617
It worked for dune.
>>
>>47109617
It's in the DMG.
>>
>>47109630
I'm considering just telling them to watch Treasure Planet and then come back to the table.
>>
>>47104977
>groin head
where?
>>
File: lullaby_by_cyberaeon-d95c2s9.jpg (470 KB, 891x945) Image search: [Google]
lullaby_by_cyberaeon-d95c2s9.jpg
470 KB, 891x945
Sup, guys.
I remember I saw here a great book with fan's homebrew archetypes, houserules etc. But I can't find it now. Where can I find it?
>>
>>47109617
There's a good homebrew class for that I saw on here a while back but I didn't save it
>>
>>47109744
What are you asking for? Be more specific
>>
>>47109617
It's been part of the genre since Gygax and Arneson. Scifi+fantasy=love.
>>
>>47109806
Honestly aside from making blasters balanced and renaming a few things, maybe adding a couple backgrounds and figuring out who's proficient with different vehicle types, I don't know if we'd need whole classes for it.

Probably the UA Warforged or a modification thereof for players who are robots, though.
>>
File: Gunslinger.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Gunslinger.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>47109744
If you don't mind plebbit, the Unearthed Arcana subreddit has a ton of fantastic shit in it.

I believe you're talking about the Homebrew Player's Handbook though. I'd be careful about using shit from that though. Most of it is wildly unbalanced.
>>
File: Machinist.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
Machinist.pdf
1 B, 486x500
>>47109806
>>47109845
Picked this up the other day, maybe you could pull some ideas from it?
>>
What parts of the DMG do I need to/probably should read? I've tried to start reading it a couple times but it's just so fucking boring (I'm good on rules to create a generic fantasy world, thanks).

Where are the important bits? What chapters are key?
>>
>>47110160
Chapter 3 contains encounter-building rules.

Chapter 5 contains rules for various adventure locations, including extreme environments and environmental hazards.

Chapter 7 contains magical items and loot tables.

Chapter 8 has tips and rules for running the game, including DCs for social interaction, combat variants, diseases, poisons, and other stuff.

Chapter 9 has a ton of variant rules and the rules for creating a monster from the ground up.
>>
>>47099303
When a stable creature takes any damage, it has to start making death saves again.
>>
I was considering creating bloodline powers for a campaign where bloodline plays a long-term role.
Here's a few I thought of off the top of my head.

>Righteous Fury
>When you deal radiant damage to an enemy, you gain (temporary?) hit points equal to your proficiency modifier.

>Lethal Blows
>If you reduce an enemy to a number of hit points equal to or lower than your level, they must make a DC 15 Constitution save.
>On a failed save, they immediately fall to 0 hit points.

>Diehard
>When you fall to 0 hit points, you may choose to remain conscious and act as normal (though you must make death saves as usual).
>Furthermore, taking damage while making death saves counts as only one automatic failure rather than two.
>You cannot use this ability again until you finish a long rest.

>Murky Depths
>Observers attempting to discern your true intentions or nature have disadvantage on Wisdom (Insight) checks to do so.
>You have advantage on saving throws against magic meant to read your mind or determine whether you are telling the truth- on a successful save, you choose what result the spell yields (for example, deliberately giving incorrect information while having one's mind probed).

Comments? Ideas?
>>
>>47109822
I just remember I saw here lot's of homebrews.
There were "Martial Options v1.3" and "Class Pack Middle Finger of Vecna", I got them from here (or not?).

>>47109927
Plebbit?
>>
File: fire-elemental.jpg (45 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
fire-elemental.jpg
45 KB, 400x400
What are some good elementals to summon via Minion of Chaos
>>
>>47110627
Salamander, Xorn
>>
File: 65765876786.png (77 KB, 229x248) Image search: [Google]
65765876786.png
77 KB, 229x248
>have warlock in our party
>wants nothing more than to bring back Dendar so that she may eat the sun and consume all life in the universe including him
>actively tries to find out more about her imprisonment and how it can be broken

Is this normal for warlocks? When my fighter asked him why he wants to die he said ''So that I may embrace her majesty in death'' He literally doesn't care if he dies as long as Dendar is the one to do it.
>>
>>47110714
Death is only the beginning.
>>
>>47110308
I got you famalamborgini, just wait a sec.
>>
>>47110725
necromancer please go
>>
>>47110714
Warlocks are best when played as a hellfire blasting, curse shooting, chaos living madman
>>
>>47110290
What are the different bloodlines?

What's this one in particular?
>>
>>47110746
Fine. I wouldn't want to be caught undead around you anyway.
>>
>>47110888
These would be powers up for consideration in a bloodline's past, I haven't hammered out explicit bloodlines yet.
Let's say we have a barbarian king's royal lineage- his bloodline powers might be Diehard and Lethal Blows.
When you have a character's Bloodline, you pick four powers: two Active and two Passive powers.
If a character with Bloodline powers has children without, the children may inherit all of the bloodline powers of their parent with, or may not, at the DM's discretion.
Let's give this barbarian lord a wife who's a bit more roguish: She has the bloodline powers Murky Depths and Uncanny Speed (bonus movement speed when stealthed).
Now, since their child would have access to four bloodline powers, the child's player (or the DM) can pick two active powers that the character has direct access to and two passive ones that they don't (though perhaps some bloodline powers may have effects that only work in 'passive' slots', or work regardless of slot).
Now, if this theoretical child were to in turn have children with a character with Righteous Fury, THEIR child could only keep four bloodline powers of the five they have access to- two active, two passive.
There may be bloodline 'powers' that are actually curses and cannot be removed, or even powers that only have have effectiveness in more than one slot. I really like this idea, which is why I'm planning on running with it.

Current imagined bloodlines:
>Gloried: A formerly ordinary heritage whose sudden success gave rise to (or can be attributed to) a personality or power that can be inherited. Considered the 'Human' bloodline
>Arcane: A heritage whose affinity lies mostly or entirely with magic. Some magical experiment gone wrong, wild magic, the bloodline of an artificially-made person.
>Gigant: Giant-based bloodline- this includes oni.
>Elemental: Genies, members of the Elemental Planes
>Monstrous: The result of touching fluffy tail.
(CONT)
>>
>>47111058
>Royal: You don't get the crown for no reason (at least in fantasy). Royals are unusually capable for some reason.
>Divine: Truly divine heritage. Obviously extraordinarily rare.
>Fey: Whether a fairy granted your parent's wish for a child or your father's wish for a wife, you're associated with the fey.
>Draconic: A classic.
>Druidic: The more primal answer to Arcane and Divine Heritage.
>Exalted: You or your ancestors are chosen champions of light and justice.
>Dire: You or your bloodline is cursed or bolstered with the strength of darkness and evil.

Obviously, there may also be named bloodlines, which meet several of the qualifications.
I'll just cook one up right now.
>Noblebrights (Gloried Exalted Royal Divine)
>The first Noblebright was the champion of the goddess of light, and selflessly gave of himself to free her despite being an ordinary blacksmith before receiving his call.
>Falling dead soon after sealing away the demon that imprisoned her, he was revived by her restored powers, and she became his wife. Their children went on to lead a kingdom under which prosperity and righteousness is an everyday constant.
>>
File: Bloodborne-Banner.jpg (308 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborne-Banner.jpg
308 KB, 1280x720
>>47109617
Worked for Eberron.

Throw some flintlock weapons into that shit.
>>
At which level should a party facing the flaming skull in the echowave caves, or whatever its name is, be?

I'm asking because we're at 3rd level and we suffer a TPK in the first turn by a single AoE
>>
>>47111744
>players asking about the module

Weeooo weeoo
>>
>>47111791
We suffered several loses in the whole campaing, we're only be able to make one encounter per day because after the first we're depleted of our HPs and resources, and I'm starting to think it's because our GM is stingy with the xp as fuck

You don't have to tell me the exact level if you don't want, but we just reached 3rd level, is that the intended level for that encounter (I'm going to say no because even those how saved the reflex roll still dropped to 0 HPs)
>>
>>47111817
Go finish quests
>>
My player will be using nunchucks. Not a weeb, but my question is.

Is 1d6 bludgeoning and finesse alright with that? 5 feet range. I can't find any stats for nunchucks.
>>
>>47111832
Ok
We did the goblin cave
Then reached phandalin, asked everyone about rockseeker, even put some posts around the town for anyone with information to go the the inn and inform us
We dealt with the redbrand as we were asked to
Made friends with the priest who asked us to talk to the banshee and so we did
Wizard made friends with the lawkeepers of the town
Dealt with some orcs and ogres
Dealt with the necromancer
Then go to the castle (cragmaw I think) when someone in town told us where to find it
Resque rockseeker
Go to the echo caves as recently 3rd level characters

We lost like 5 PCs doing all these, then a full TPK in one round against the flameskull, what else is there to do?
>>
>>47111915
>I can't find any stats for nunchucks
Monk's martial arts description, under monk class in the PHB

>uses weeb weapon
>not a weeb
Keep lying to yourself
>>
File: 1366243693246.gif (846 KB, 245x194) Image search: [Google]
1366243693246.gif
846 KB, 245x194
>>47098660
Is that Zendikar thing the UA for this month or has it not hit yet?
>>
>>47111985
How many PCs in party you had?
>>
>>47112042
>>
>>47112059
I mastered this adventure for 4 players and I had to cheat with monster dices just to prevent TPK in goblin cave. As for me this adventure is fucken hard.
>>
>>47111985
Thundertree
>>
>>47112153
Nobody told us anything about it, where do we get the info?
>>
>>47111985
Yeah, you should have way more experience by then, you should be either in 5th level or pretty near.
>>
>>47112206
farmwoman who wants you to check on her druid friend
>>
>>47112206
It's pretty famous place, you should hear about during your adventure. Just ask em.
And about your initial question - party supposed to be 4-5 level when they go to echowave caves.
>>
>>47112059
Classes?
>>
File: haram.jpg (58 KB, 531x471) Image search: [Google]
haram.jpg
58 KB, 531x471
>>47112091
>cheat with monster dices
>>
File: POWERS CHECK.pdf (1 B, 486x500) Image search: [Google]
POWERS CHECK.pdf
1 B, 486x500
Rate and hate the "Powers Check" that I'll be using when I run CoS
>>
>>47112382
I wanted to have a funny game with my friends, not a TPK in second encounter.
>>
Hey guys just hit level 5 as fight and I want to pick a feat, what are some good ones? First time using feats.
>>
>DM tells us he changed Beastmaster a bit
>we can change pets, the size restriction is gone, you can have a CR 1/2 at level 4, CR 1 at level 5, and then it scales with moon Druid from level 6 onward, except at level 20, when its CR 8

What should I do?
>>
>>47112349
Fighter, paladin, moon druid, ranger, wizard, sorcerer, barbarian, rogue, monk

Like I said, lots of characters died, in fact all died

>>47112253
Farm woman where? In phandalin we asked everybody if they needed help, of if they knew about the castle, or rockseeker, or whatever, nobody told us anything about thunder tree
>>
>>47112465
What equipment do you use? (Weapons and armor)
>>
>>47112474
Mounted Combatant, Dual Wielder, lances, and ride whatever huge-sized beast you can get your hands into the sunset.
>>
>>47112474
Abuse the shit out of that because is fucking broken
>>
>>47112474
Pick Axe Beak at level 1and become sanic
>>
>>47112465
Are you using a two-handed weapon? GWM. A reach weapon? Polearm Master. Dual Wielding? Dual Wielder. Shield? Shield Master. Crossbow? Sharpshooter, and eventually crossbow expert.
>>
Hey fellow DMs. What are some things your players do that frustrate you to no end as a DM?

>spend hours designing an elaborate side quest for my campaign
>starts with a journal that hints at where to start for an incredible treasure
>basically a massive scavenger hunt where they must decipher clues and solve puzzles to ultimately get to the prize
>tfw none of the 4 players gave two shits about the journal to even open it when they found it
>they've been carrying for 4 sessions now and still no one has looked at it
>>
>>47112512
I agree with him. Too broken. Maybe if it half scaled with Druid, meaning level divided by 6. They start with CR 1/2, get CR 1 at 6, 2 at 12, 3 at 18, and then something special at 20. Let the level 3 feature for beastmaster be a level 1 or 2 feature for all Rangers.

Might be less broken, and make them as viable as fighters and paladins, without T-Rex riding maniac.
>>
>>47112535

Now you've learned a lesson: don't hide the fun behind a single clue. If you want players to do something, you need to prepare four or five different ways they might approach it.
>>
>>47112535
Fucking players, man
>dude wants to play a drow
>sure
>complains all missions and encounters are during daylight
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 35

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.