[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Romance Scenario Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
Have you guys been seen or been part of a campaign that did an romantic subplot or section that was actually good?

I know this is a little complex considering that DM writing, scenario, and player rping plays a role in this, but I am genuinely curious if any of you have seen this done well.

Bonus points if it was an interracial romance done well.
>>
>>47088906
My half-elf and drow had a thing goin. It was aight.
>>
I have been running games just for my wife and I for the past eight years. There's always an element of romance/dating-sim in mixed in with the adventure. Plenty of interracial. Great bonus to our sex lives.
>>
>>47088906
My GM rolled to see if an orc accidentally fell in love with my character. She did.

Now we'll have to see if this romance arc is actually going to be any good.
>>
>>47088906
I played a 40k thing and there was romance involved, I was playing and astropath and ended up having something with the navigator (I was blind, he was ugly as fuck but with a heart of gold that nobody saw because they got stuck on the horribly deformed mutant aspect...).

It was quite well done by the GM because it had this sort of star-crossed lover thing to it, as most tragic romances go, and it didn't end well but it was still a beautiful thing. Also that makes the game feel like there is so much more at stake. The GM did take us aside at one point though, to say that given how 40k works it might not end well and that he wanted to be sure that we both realised that. We agreed he could throw us hurdles and we weren't just there to magical realm at his table. I was also playing it with someone I had been good friends with for the longest time, otherwise I don't think it would have been possible.

I think the key to the romance thing is that is makes sense to integrate it if your players are creating something like that and it's tastefully done. But throwing NPCs at them to make waifu's and husbando's isn't the way to go.
>>
>>47088906
Romance just feels so awkward at the tabletop so I usually steer clear of it.
>>
>>47094047
I think that depends on who you are playing with though.

I've seen a couple already in a relationship play a romance rather tastefully. I don't think it could work with two fa/tg/uys.
>>
>>47094047
Romancce just feels so awkward in real life, so i usually steer clear of it.
>;-)
>>
File: IFFLlza.png (1 MB, 938x928) Image search: [Google]
IFFLlza.png
1 MB, 938x928
>>47088906
The only time I've seen it done well was two players trying to make up a reason for their characters (who outwardly despised each other) to work together and go the same places. The GM almost fucked it up with incessant shipping, though, and it remains on hold, half-resolved.
>>
>>47095840
I feel like one of the biggest reasons so many of these romance subplots fail is because RP interactions from players can get really awkward if they're not entirely committed to the scenario.

Strange that commitment is such a necessary and difficult part of romance in real life and in tabletop.
>>
>>47094039
Requesting storytime of your romantic endeavors.
>>
>>47095813
>>47094047
Yes, to both.
>>
Sort of. I once ran an 18 campaign which involved one of the players becoming romantically involved with an npc Dhampir.
If I remember, the canonical ending to that subplot was that they lived a decent life, enjoying the wealth and privilege brought to them by the Dhampir's mother, a Vampire duchess.
The thing started as a joke, to be honest, since his character had been turned into a woman by a cursed artefact, and the other players were making jokes about lesbian vampires, so I briefly ran with it as a joke.
The player in question was the best Roleplayer in the group (being a Drama student), so I'm not surprised he was good at that side of things.
All the other times romance has turned up in my games, it's always been badly done and cringe-worthy, and in a few cases downright creepy.
>>
>>47094039
>But throwing NPCs at them to make waifu's and husbando's isn't the way to go.
So much this. Our current DM does this and it got tiresome fast, even if there are arcs attached to the waifus.
>>
File: vlcsnap-950708.png (360 KB, 615x479) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-950708.png
360 KB, 615x479
It's a great motivator for a character, but make sure it's not eating up tons of game time(during which everyone else has to sit on their thumbs).

Make good use of "fade to black" and have the NPC love interest be away or kidnapped or whatever from time to time.
>>
Yes, and it was /ss/ to boot.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.