[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WARMACHINE/HORDES GENERAL
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 22
I for one welcome our new artillery overlords edition.
http://privateerpress.com/community/privateer-insider/insider-05-04-2016

Warmachine/Hordes Books, No Quarter, & IKRPG
textuploader <dot> com / 5wm4h
PP Youtube (gameplay tutorials, tournament coverage, and announcements)
https://www.youtube.com/user/PrivateerPressPrime
List building at
https://www.forwardkommander.com
http://schlaf.github.io/whac_online/whac.html
Latest Errata
http://privateerpress.com/files/WM%20MKII%20Rules%20Errata%20Jan%202016.pdf
Steamroller Rules
http://privateerpress.com/organized-play/steamroller-tournaments
The Giant List of Podcasts and Blogs
http://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?76379-Warmachine-Hordes-related-blogs-websites-and-forums
Table of contents for all NQ issues
http://www.privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?4313-Table-Of-Contents-For-All-No-Quarter-Issues
Abridged Lore
gargantuans abridged:http://pastebin.com/XPKMKYUc
Exigence abridged: http://pastebin.com/6D1fwSgv
devastation abridged: http://pastebin.com/KxkzfnXj

Lexicanum Iron Kingdoms Lore wiki:
http://warmachine.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
>>
>Mr. Soles, would you mind favoring us (me) with Revenant Cannon Crew spoilers?
>Well, it traded Ghost Shot for Bale Fire, which now says, "This weapon’s attack rolls are boosted against living models." How is that?

I thought Cryx wasn't allowed good guns?
>>
MORE SPOILERS OR NAW? Next faction guess?
>>
>Any spoilers for Shae and his cannon? How will it work as it used not to be light artillery?

>How about the fact that it can now be included in any Mercenary army that includes a Privateer warcaster? Really, that was its most substantial change. This thing is still scary as hell.
>>
Looks like Ret's HRT maintains 4" speed when B2B with grunt, keeps Range Finder (one of/the-only weapon crew that kept it), and Range Finder now boosts the ATK roll rather than a +2. And of course POW 7 -> POW 8 & the general light arty changes.
>>
What about the Flayer Cannon? And CoC having no artillery at all?
>>
>>47087759
>And CoC having no artillery at all?
No comment at this time ;^)
>>
Well now I can run two Ravagores and two Scather crews and the battlefield a scather fuckfest.
>>
desu the horgenhold mortar and the sea dog gun both sound worth using out of faction now
>>
Cygnars Trencher Cannon is still pretty shit, nice to see that some things stay the same
>>
>>47087965
>Deck Gun
>They now have Reposition [3"] but still do not hit very hard... But they only cost 3 points.
>>
What do you guys want in the Ret RPG book?
>>
>>47087965

>Broadside Bard + Mules
>Commodore
>Horgenhold Mortar
>Sea Dog Gun

Time for an AoE party.
>>
Can someone explain what the giant models do please? Returning to the game and no idea how they work.
>>
>>47088218
Montador does nothing for Commodore or deck guns.
>>
>>47088011
>shit
>d3+1 boosted damage POW 10's at RAT 6 with Dig In for 5 points
>shit
>>
>>47087836

As far as I know, Scather hasn't been confirmed for either yet.

Either or both could end up loosing that rule.
>>
File: muh ranged caster.png (817 KB, 716x622) Image search: [Google]
muh ranged caster.png
817 KB, 716x622
>>47087053
Please, in the name of little tortured babby elephants, let eHexxy keep Black Spot
>>
>>47088429
Cannon, not Chain Gun.
>>
>>47088460
No chance, that's Skarre's spell.
>>
>>47087759

They Flayer cannon was already pretty okay. I am pretty hyped about him now though.

Looks like Skorne might be a strong gunline army.

If Morghoul2 has Blind feat, that's +4 to hit. The Catapult Crew is baller as fuck (P+S 18 vs Heavies), the Flayer cannon could be good. Plus they've confirmed a Venator Dakar with Veteran Leader and "Combat Coordination," whatever that is.

Seems like Battle Engines will get a boost so Wartortle might be even better and hopefully still has boostable guns.

Keeping my fingers crossed that the Cannoneer maybe gets an AOE4 gun, the Ardus Sentinel is still good and that the Mammoth guns are better (maybe they're ROF3 now).

Rasheth or Hexxy2 could become better at buffing ranged attacks.

Skorne is looking interesting to say the least.
>>
>>47088569
Flayer cannon might get the "d3+1 ROF" rule that a lotta stuff with Strafe has been getting, which I'd personally be okay with. Catapults look nasty, especially with the amount of slamming Skorne can get up to.

I really want eHexxy to keep some kind of DEF debuff. Marked for Death?
>>
>>47088207
>What do you guys want in the Ret RPG book?
Lore on all the Hallytyr.
Playable Soulless.
Careers: Dawnguard, Third Dawn Initiate(Assassin), Electromancer, Priest of Scyrah, Voidtracer, Swordmaster, Battle/Force Mage.
Options: Arcane Mechanik(Arcanist), Military Officer(Thane), Soldier(Houseguard), Warcaster(Shyeel), Warcaster(Vyre), Warcaster(Nyar), Warcaster(Houseguard), etc
>>
>>47088868
You forgot fane knights and mage hunter infs.

Also Iosan tech and other goodies.
>>
>>47088235
Huge base models, you mean?

There's two kinds, Battle Engines and Colossals/Gargantuans.

Battle Engines are basically just giant solos. Being huge bases, they have specific rules(always have pathfinder, never get cover/concealment/elevation, can always see them through clouds/forests. They're pretty much meant as gun platforms with a few exceptions. Most of them were middling at best, not really good, but not really bad, but a couple exceptions.

Colossals/Gargs are giant warjacks/warbeasts with their own rules. They have some of the same stuff as above, except some other things(can shoot even while in melee, enemy models don't get in melee bonus against them, and you can still CRA them even if they're in melee, and they can never move outside their own activation) that are meant to be big monsters on the table. Again, their relative power is divided, though pretty much as a rule the Gargs sucked, as they had a lot of issues at the base level. Colossals were across the board, though none of them were straight up bad, and a few of them(Earthbreaker and the Stormwall) regarded as incredibly powerful.

Their general problem is that for all their size, they were usually fairly easy to kill. Not trivial, but if you could kill two heavies in a single turn, you could generally kill them.

Of course, with Mk3 around the corner, who knows. They've said one of their goals is to make the huge base feel a lot more powerful, though what exactly that means who knows. Battle Engines got talked about today and they said they're trying to bring them up to par as well, so we'll see.
>>
>>47087053
What are the new artillery things?
>>
>>47089242
So basically they ignore all terrain stuff and work as double jacks. That's neat I suppose. I don't like that scale of model though, it's too large to really do shit with.

I'm going to be playing Retribution in MK3 and running a journeyman's league for my local shop. Hoping those things don't start popping up. Are they a lot of points in MK2?
>>
>>47089374
About 20 points, on average. They made a big part of your army, and two of them often were your army.
>>
>>47088011
what does it do?
>>
>>47089408
Who the fuck could afford to field two of them?
>>
>>47089512
I mean, that's like 250 bucks. When you really look at a normal 50 point army, that's not that expensive.
>>
>>47089176
Mage Hunter Infiltrator would basically just be Mage Hunter/Cutthroat. Same with Fane Knight being Knight/Horseman.
>>
>>47089536
I've bought so much shit I don't even know the cost of things any more DESU. I just have.. everything
>>
>>47087053
> Warmanouns getting updated rules
YAY!
> points escalating to twice what they were
> cost escalating to twice what it was
> time taken escalating to twice what it used to be
Son of a nigger. Time to keep saving my milk money for another couple months.
>>
>>47090022
Everything is doubling in points, overall army size is staying the same.

So like, instead of a 50 point army, you'll have a 75+25 point army that's roughly the same size.
>>
>>47090056
Oh, that's good. Gives them a little more flexibility in balancing.

Also means I can still get my PTR 91 and then pick up a Warmadicks army on schedule. Hooray.
>>
>>47090083
Yea, that's why they're doing it.

Warjack points are jumping as well, where most casters had +6 before, now they're looking at like +18-20, so Warmachine side of things model count will go down as well.
>>
>>47088011
We don't know the point cost, and we don't know what the Trencher Master Gunner does for it.
>>
>>47090106
>now they're looking at like +18-20
25-30 was the stated average range. You'll be able to fit two moderately costed heavies into the free points.
>>
>>47090022

even if what you said did make sense you could've just played smaller point games ya know
>>
>>47090229
> if what you said made sense
Don't see what's so tricksy about it.
> you could have played smaller games
Wargaming communities have a general tendency to play at or above the recommended game size. Sure I could try to beg for smaller games, but most people want to bring MAXIMUM TOYZ.
>>
>>47090263
>Wargaming communities have a general tendency to play at or above the recommended game size.
15 to 200 is recommended for WMH. 50 is the highest value that sees regular play.
>>
>>47090263
>points escalating to twice what they were
>cost escalating to twice what it was

means the ratio between them stays pretty much the same, so getting longer games from that doesn't make sense. you're right about maximum toyz but hopefully mk3 draws new blood and if so there'll be people starting with the battleboxes looking for smaller games
>>
>>47090383
I was under the impression that unit point cost would stay the same, but the points values of standard battles would be escalating - resulting in a near-doubling of the monetary cost of a "starting" army, more models on table, and longer-lasting games.
>>
>>47090263
>Wargaming communities have a general tendency to play at or above the recommended game size. Sure I could try to beg for smaller games, but most people want to bring MAXIMUM TOYZ.

That's super wrong for WMH, virtually nobody played above 50pts ever, even after Colossals came out and introduced whatever their "big game" variant was called, or when Iron Gauntlet made their finals into that weird 75pt format that nobody liked.
>>
>>47090407
No, that is absolutely not what's happening. You'd know that if you just looked at the point costs on the cards they've spoiled already.
>>
>>47090407

ohh I gotcha thought you meant point cost not money cost, no the point cost is approximately doubling as well but they are making jack/beast points a bigger percentage of that
>>
>>47087288
....why does he think he told us anything? If its still rof1 aoe3 pow14 range 14, than its not very exciting.

When is someone going to leak info?
>>
>>47090263
>>47090421
WM/H community decides the tourney values, not PP. They've tried to raise it before with their weird 75 point formats, but no one will bite.

The game just doesn't scale well past 50 points.
>>
>>47090443
I mean, with the changes to the guns and the specific rules it got, it's a much better deal than it was before.
>>
>>47090438
I am new and do not know how cards work yet. I am looking at starting to play when mk3 happens. I have been corrected now. Unwad your gubbins.
>>
>>47090475

ok, so it used to be games were mostly 35 or 50 points, and then you got 6ish extra free points from your caster to spend on jacks/beasts. now it should be 50 or 75 point games, everything costs approximately double what it did adjusted a bit for balance, and you get 30ish extra free points to spend on jacks/beasts
>>
>>47090574
As a GW refugee, the twin concepts of "balance" and "not escalating the game to absurdly hueg power levels" confuse me.
>>
>>47087053
>Dat Venator catapult
HNNNG.
>>
>>47090613
>a catapult
>with burst fire
>burst fire
>on a catapult
Skorne technology. How the hell does it work?
>>
>>47090657
It's exploding spikes. The bigger the target, the more spikes that hit it.
>>
File: manowars.jpg (731 KB, 1485x1090) Image search: [Google]
manowars.jpg
731 KB, 1485x1090
>>47087053

I'm a pretty casual warmachine player, but live pretty close to lock and load and was considering attending, so to any of you who may have gone before-

Should I bring my minis, even if I'm not participating in any tournaments? I should be able to finish painting 50 pts, but don't have the range to paint and field more than one with character restrictions in mind.

How do you transport your minis while at an event? Any tips?

Pic not really related, a few of my manowars.
>>
>>47090721
They'll have Iron Arena running, which is casual games for everyone to play, so you should.

I just use my normal case, and usually just play out of it unless I have a place to stow my bag.
>>
>>47090721
For trays, a usual oven tray does the trick. An unused one, preferably.
>>
Why are people acting like the catapult is suddenly good

It's exactly as effective against targets as it was in mk 2 in 95% of situations

Blind is only on one caster and legion is immune to it, so no def debuffs from that

Dakar's veteran leader is only a +1, that gives you rat 4 after ain aim which still isn't enough to hit most heavies in the game outside of khador

Why would you slam with a skorne heavy to set up an unboostable pow 18 shot, instead of just wrecking the target with the heavy itself? I would much rather a titan gladiator get its initials off, including a boosted charge, than knock something over for the catapult to hit. If I'm slamming with Skorne it's so I can collateral their caster, and if they gave me the chance to do that then that was a colossal fuckup on their part and doesn't need the investment of a catapult to take advantage of.

The catapult is going to have to be coupled with some impressive buffing support models, or debuffing spells, to have a chance in hell of hitting anything other than gargossals and khador heavies. A krea's paralysis can work if it manages to hit a warbeast, but doesn't do anything to jacks.
>>
>>47090678
The catapult and the flayer cannon are different artillery pieces matey.
>>
>>47090922

I think he literally means that what the catapult throws explodes into a shower of spikes.
>>
>>47090864
Because if you ignore the bonus it gets against heavies and use it against infantry, especially if the faction keeps Black Spot,

>>47090922
Flayer Cannon doesn't shoot exploding spikes.

Catapult shoots the spikes.
>>
>>47090951
The exploding spikes.

Like, it shoots a ball full of flayer spikes and explodes, thus the rule.
>>
>>47090951
Then why aren't we using the catapult right now?

No one is using skorne artillery, and it has gained 0 value vs small bases except gaining a single point of pow on a direct hit. If black spot were to make it a viable piece, well, eHexeris has been around for 5 years. Why haven't we been seeing all these lists using the catapults? It's already 18 inch range in mk 2, being able to move 2 or 3 inches before shooting isn't that much of a boost.
>>
>>47091027
It can now move and shoot 4 inches, it can now be screened, and burst fire means that it's much better against medium infantry, rather than small based infantry.
>>
>>47091051
Oh boy, much better vs medium infantry

Which medium infantry is going to be taken down by unboostable pow 9 blasts?
>>
>>47091071
Black Spot. POW17 shots.
>>
File: Khador!.jpg (332 KB, 1237x648) Image search: [Google]
Khador!.jpg
332 KB, 1237x648
>>47090774
>>47090790

Thanks for the advice! I'll figure something out then, I convinced my roommate to join me.

I mostly play at 35 points, and to have 50 available (and painted) my list won't be great, but I'm comfortable with it.

Esorscha, Silly William, Beast 09
Malakov, Decimator
WG, UA, Joe, Rocketeers
Widowmakers, Marksman
Alexia and the Risen
and eiryss2 if I pick her up. I've also got manhunters or harlan or eliminators, I'll think on it.

I've got IFP and shocktroopers, but the IFP aren't painted yet so I'll probably leave them behind.

Dark picture of models in my closet somewhat related.
>>
>>47091088
Black spot is only -2 def. Yeah, that'll fuck up manowar, but even if the catapult aims and you have black spot that's a 50/50 shot of hitting def 12. And that's only with that one caster.
>>
The fact is, the dwarf artillery does MORE damage to medium bases than the catapult does, and it doesn't have to have the inaccurate rule, with the only trade being 2 inches less range and a less potent blast damage. And it costs a point more, but if you're already investing 5 into this may as well make it 6.
>>
>>47088442
Soles did confirm that the artillery still leaves a scather. It was in the forum thread about the insider.
>>
>>47091180
Plus whatever the Dakar will do for them. Soles specifically didn't tell us what Combat Coordination did.
>>
>>47091175
lol at the random Malifaux shit in the back
>>
>>47090296
>15 to 200
???
most games I have seen been played are 35 or 50pts. With a few 15 ones for people starting or if there isn't time for a larger game.
>>
>>47091295
So now you're paying more points to add a support solo solo, pushing its cost higher than the other artillery options to try to get somewhere near the accuracy of them, in a faction whose complaint has been too much support bloat.
>>
Bought a Siege Animantarax today. Shit is so cash.
>>
>>47091175
You're only at 43 points with everything down to Alexia.

Eiryss 2 is obviously good, but Manhunters are pretty bad right now.

Eliminators are a good all-around unit and can do some heavy work to casters on feat turn.

Also, I'd swap out the Decimator under Malakov for a Juggernaut.
>>
>>47091382

Forgot aiyana and holt, but that comes out to 54 on my end with max WG, UA, and 3x rockets. I should check my math...

I've got a juggernaut and a spriggan, I'll think on it.

Might just squeeze the eliminators in since they turned out ok painted, I haven't played with them much, this might be a good chance to do that.

Thanks for the advice, I've still got some time to paint, so maybe I'll shift some priorities around, or paint my drakhun on my desk
>>
File: scary khador.jpg (220 KB, 800x1055) Image search: [Google]
scary khador.jpg
220 KB, 800x1055
>>47091305

They came from scary Khador!
>>
I recently bought a sea dog deck gun for dirt cheap in expectation of a buff to artillery.

kek
>>
>>47091441

*56 that is
>>
>>47091272

Ah k. What about Ravagores?
>>
>>47091670
they lost scather but gained creeping barrage
>>
>>47091713

where's this from? first I've heard of it
>>
>>47091441
Use Forward Kommander. Way easier than doing the math.
http://www.forwardkommander.com/

Here's what I counted (Juggernaut in place of Decimator)

Forward Kommander Sorscha (*6pts)
* Beast-09 (11pts)
* Sylys Wyshnalyrr, the Seeker (2pts)
Alexia Ciannor & the Risen (Alexia and 9 Risen Grunts) (5pts)
Widowmakers (Leader and 3 Grunts) (4pts)
Winter Guard Infantry (Leader and 9 Grunts) (6pts)
* Winter Guard Infantry Officer & Standard (2pts)
* 3 Winter Guard Infantry Rocketeers (3pts)
Kovnik Andrei Malakov (3pts)
* Juggernaut (7pts)
Kovnik Jozef Grigorovich (2pts)
Widowmaker Marksman (2pts)

>regarding Drakhun.
Use him. He's fucking terrifying and well worth the 5 points. Insane mobility and hits like a truck. Counter charge has also saved my bacon more than once.
>>
>>47091946

>forwardkommander
Okay this is cool, I haven't seen this before, thanks again!

Forward Kommander Sorscha (*6pts)
* Beast-09 (11pts)
* Sylys Wyshnalyrr, the Seeker (2pts)
Alexia Ciannor & the Risen (Alexia and 9 Risen Grunts) (5pts)
Lady Aiyana & Master Holt (4pts)
Widowmakers (Leader and 3 Grunts) (4pts)
Winter Guard Infantry (Leader and 9 Grunts) (6pts)
* Winter Guard Infantry Officer & Standard (2pts)
* 3 Winter Guard Infantry Rocketeers (3pts)
Kovnik Andrei Malakov (3pts)
* Juggernaut (7pts)
Kovnik Jozef Grigorovich (2pts)
Man-o-war Drakhun (with dismount) (5pts)
Widowmaker Marksman (2pts)

I'll need to think about my options again then, but either way I should get what I need painted. Thank you!
>>
Looks like the venator flayer cannon gained a point of pow and gets an extra shot if the grunt is b2b, but it lost 2 inches of range. While it can make up for that by moving, it can't aim if it does so.

Also, looks like sea dog deck guns are unchanged other than gaining Reposition [3], but at least they're only 3 points now.
>>
File: 47M6or3gP-k.jpg (46 KB, 429x438) Image search: [Google]
47M6or3gP-k.jpg
46 KB, 429x438
Shit i hope all prime versions of casters/locks gonna see field soon.
Not only Kreoss.
MAKE PRIME GREAT AGAIN!
>>
Every single khador spoiler has made me ridiculously optimistic for khador. The worst spoiler for khador has been that Sorscha is largely unchanged, and she was already one of our best.

Every single spoiler has, alternatively, made me dread Mk3 skorne.
>>
>>47092687
Dread playing against Skorne or dread playing with them?
>>
>>47092846
Dread playing with them. It's been a nerf after nerf, with the only card we've been spoiled being objectively worse than the artillery everyone else is getting.
>>
>>47092946
There hasn't been much revealed for Skorne, the sky isn't falling.

eMorgul's feat is solid, and the artillery will shit on large based stuff (which will be much more prevalent with more 'jacks being played. Also, immortals having souls will help immensely

You better hope that Molik gets nerfed hard. He's so high on the power scale that nothing else Skorne gets can be that great or else all hell will break loose.
>>
>>47092946
You got a straight up buff in Immortals having souls.
>>
>>47093065
The Beat Back nerf already hit Karn pretty hard, it's quite likely he won't get hit too hard after that.
>>
>>47093065
Immortals having souls will help immensely for Zaal2, and will help a bit for others by letting them fuel ancestral guardians. That's about it. In exchange, it now makes us vulnerable to other factions that can claim souls.

Beat back was one of our signature abilities and it got hit hard. Spell slave cut the balls off our best support piece, most of our casters have no significant non-upkeeps that are eligible for spell slave to cast. Condition nerf made it harder for us to run a gunline. Far strike nerf means that even if they compensate by giving us a few more inches on guns, we're still losing ranged threat overall. The artillery can only hit large based stuff in conjunction with some heavy buff/debuff action, it's fucking rat 1. Legion is immune to blind. Our cataphracts have complete fucking victim stats at 12/15, 8 boxes was the only thing that made them useful.
>>
>>47093119
Oh no, he'll just have to make due with the 1" moving towards whatever he hit and then the 2" from sidestep moving wherever he wants.

Skorne players truly never stop whining.

Hell, Skorne could get a special rule that says they get to run twice the points of any other faction and you'd still bitch about it.
>>
>>47093127
You're assuming he's going to keep spell slave as is, and not get something else.

And it helps Zaal1 as well. Plus, it lets you run AGs to collect the souls as is.

I never get the whole complaint about "Well now Cryx can collect my souls".

It's not like you were bringing Immortals against Cryx because of their anti soul collect niche anyways, you were bringing your other infantry that gave them souls. So how are Immortals worse about it, exactly?

Skorne suffered from the Condition nerf the very least, given that for two points you can condition 4 times without issues. With two min units of BHs, you've got 8 possible condition uses. If you can't gunline with that, you need to be blaming something other than the game.

You've got a caster who's feat doesn't work on Legion warbeasts? Good thing their entire faction dynamic is changing and they'll be bringing more infantry that the nerf DOES work on. Or, you know, drop a different caster. Plenty of warcasters often have feats or abilities that do nothing against some armies.

The only way people played cataphacts before was either Fist or the Centarii, which are 12/16. Those 5 boxes might end up giving you other buffs that makes them worthwhile otherwise anyways. Beyond that, all medium base infantry got nerfed, and for good reason, they were essentially taking the entire objective role of warjacks, and that needed to stop.

You're looking at the very few changes you've been told about and then deciding everything else based on Mk2 rules and stats, which is fucking pointless. You know practically nothing about the faction, how can you decide that these nerfs are the entirety of what they've done on Skorne?
>>
>>47093127
>Beat back was one of our signature abilities and it got hit hard.
There are only two models with Beat Back in Skorne.

Retribution has more models with Beat Back.
>>
>>47093220
Oh no, that's not the nerf.

The nerf is that it requires him to move directly towards the model after the attack is resolved.

If he kills it, there's no model to move towards, and he can't move anymore.

You can't Beat Back off single wound models anymore unless you don't kill them.

And I'm not a Skorne player.
>>
>>47093233
In what way do souls help Zaal1? Zaal1 prevents the enemy from gaining their souls in his control area, but he doesn't actually gain anything by having soul-generating models in his army other than his propensity for bringing ancestral guardians.

>>47093243
You do realize that beat back is an animus in Skorne, yes? And casting Trainwreck on models is a very popular and important Skorne tactic, yes? It doesn't matter if not many have it native, the only animus we have that is used more is Rush.
>>
>>47093275
Like, fuck. Saying that Beat Back isn't a Skorne thing is like saying the Gorax's animus isn't a Circle thing.
>>
>>47093252
He can still fucking sidestep off it.

You know, the ability that's actually on his card and not granted to him by an animus.
>>
>>47093275
Because Zaal1 loves bringing AGs and he can control where the souls go? I mean, that seems like a great thing for him to do.
>>
And regardless, the immortal souls thing is kinda moot because the immortal's UA is going to be gathering their souls. It's only relevant if the UA is dead or wasn't taken.
>>
>>47092687

I'm really looking at starting a Khador force or a Retribution force depending on how Mk3 turns out.

And then Cephalyx whenever they actually get new stuff.
>>
>>47093300
Ok, and?

You realize that most common MK assassinations, the big thing people are worried about, practically required Beat Back's extra threat, right?

Losing is shuts down a huge portion of their common assassinations, basically breaks Mak3 in her current form, and ruins a lot of their funny attrition games with the other casters as well.

Molik can no longer eat half a unit and then bounce away like he used to. Or under Mak3 eat their entire army.
>>
>>47093320
Or you're taking more than one Immortal unit.

Or you're playing Zaal1/2 and want to bounce the souls around.

Or the UA changes how he works since Immortals have souls now.
>>
>>47093355
The FA of UAs is now equal to the FA of the unit. If you want to have an extoller for each, you can.
>>
>>47093382
Forgot about that, yea.

There's still tons of reasons for models other than the UA to get souls.
>>
>>47093335
Woe is you.

Only a 2 foot assassination threat now, instead of a 3-foot nonlinear.

>Molik can no longer eat half a unit and then bounce away like he used to. Or under Mak3 eat their entire army.
This is an extremely good thing. If you can't see how being able to do that is imbalanced you're insane.
>>
>>47093464
At what point have I ever said this was a bad nerf?

The most I said was that the Beat Back nerf is pretty huge for Karn, which might mean he makes it through the rest of the edition change relatively unscathed.

And again, I'm not a Skorne player. The only complaint I have against the Beat Back nerf is that Axis can no longer walk his way around a Colossal to get to their caster.
>>
>>47093464
>If you can't see how being able to do that is imbalanced
I've played quite some Mak3. It's powerful, but not nearly as powerful as you think. It is also hard to pull off and easy to counter.

To prove the point: How many times does Mak3 show up in top-level Skorne pairings? Never. It's Fist/Mordikaar all the way.
>>
>Write an entire Insider talking about artillery
>Don't spoil what dedicated artillery buffers like Trencher Master Gunner or Dougal do, when some of the arty is obviously built around that

PP plz, there's nothing to be hyped about here unless you're Khador or Menoth.
>>
>>47093796

they gave info for other factions in the thread about it if you haven't seen that

http://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?250378-OFFICIAL-Insider-05-04-Jason-Soles-Weapon-Crews
>>
>>47094045
I've seen it.
>>
>tfw literally waiting 2 editions for inflictor to get a model
>>
>>47094050
Trolls shit is great just by being able to move and shoot.

A directed slam is a hell of a thing.
>>
>>47094059
Keep hoping.

Khador players finally got Grolar after a long wait. There is light at the end of the tunnel.
>>
>>47088460
>little tortured babby elephants
Agony Lasers fueled by torturing baby elephants when?

Remember when we came up with BE-based artillery for the factions, that was fun.
>>
>>47094447
>BE-based
this means the base the model is perched on is roughly the size of one used for a Battle Engine or Colossalgantuan.
>>
>>47094447
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSO4lUpCtzs
>>
>>47088460
That or just give Skorne an actual ranged support caster rather than a melee support who just happens to have Black Spot.
>>
I'm really hopeful for the Heavy Rifle Team now.

At least, if Ossyan keeps his ability to boost damage rolls for his allies.
>>
>>47091088
Mk3 is gonna emphasize casters' unique abilities. Black Spot is gonna be Skarre2's signature spell.
>>
>>47094869
Also acceptable. As-is, it sorta looks like eMorgs is going to be the ranged caster because of those DEF debuffs. Skorne usually has pretty decent MAT, but accurately dropping mammoth shots or the new catapults can really do work.
>>
>>47095480
Morghoul2 can't be the ranged support purely because he's 1) an assassin himself, and 2) his "caste" is full of beast handlers and assassins. It wouldn't make sense. Then again, none of the Skorne casters really make sense as ranged support. Hexeris and Rasheth seem the best fits because they're hardly known for being courageous so standing far away from the enemy and trying to gun them down kinda works.
>>
How do the gators play?
>>
>>47087658
That actually seems really good, especially with Ravyn or Ossyan.

They're FA2 right? Or was it three? I guess it could be subject to change.
>>
>>47093335
Hahahahaha you faggot, you just explained why it was rebalanced, yet you still don't get it...Molik can't eat half a unit and bounce away... waaaaahhhhhhh
>>
>>47095863
Venator warlock when?
>>
Anyone else start playing Ret because they were the easiest faction to paint?

+ Assassinations are clearly the funest way to win?

Also, give me some goddamn ret changes, will my vyros2 still be able to griffon-bullet people to the face?
What about Thyron? I was JUST starting to enjoy running him, here's to hoping infiltrators or halberdiers get ARM or DEF buff
>>
>>47096786
All I know is that if Vyros2 keeps synergy he'll be terrifying.

All those Griffons getting free focus.

Hell, even without synergy that will be scary. Griffons are mad efficient.
>>
File: hqp6camo20-4w-gr_0.jpg (86 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
hqp6camo20-4w-gr_0.jpg
86 KB, 600x450
>>47096786
I play Ret because they suit my style. I'm going to be repainting my entire ret army after taking it out of the box for the first time in about 5 years. Going to airbrush the jacks and maybe use these decals on them to make them look force fieldy.
>>
>All other artillery gets buffed to the moon and back
>Retribution gets +1 Strength

Whoopie fucking do...
Oh and don't forget Range finder, now with boosted to hit, so we can score some damage on those large def 10 Jacks well be aiming at.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not surprised at all. In fact, I for one foresee this kind of treatment to most of Ret´s stuff. The Sniper team is hinting this, as well as the fact that privateer press wanted us to be the obvious alpha mk3 team. Apart from a nerf on the MHSF, I think we will mostly see some minor changes, a few rng changes, a minor arm/def changes, but nothing big. Points-wise I think we are quite spot on as well, the stat card on Eiryss suggest this, as well as the point made above.

So while the other teams will be able to "oh" and "ah" of all the new wonders of before un-playable units now being able to take the field. I don't think we Ret-players will find this journey special at all.
>>
>>47088283
Slam balls provide kd for followup broadsides. In theory.
>>
>>47097041

Pow 8, armour piercing with boosted attack rolls makes it honestly sound like it's going to be a terror to light jacks. It won't pull apart heavies but it will put some serious holes in the lighter end.
>>
>>47097041
>I don't think we Ret-players will find this journey special at all.
You'll have range finder, and you can aim.

Rat 7 with boosted attack means you'll hit almost anything.

Then Ret's easy access to boosting ranged damage means you'll kill it too.
>>
>>47097153
>>47097158

Flat dice on a lot of lights isn't anything to knock on a long range gun, now that it can move and will rarely miss.

On Ossyan's feat turn, they'll turn into serious heavy killers.
>>
>>47097182
If the enemy caster is on a medium or large base they'll zone them out of a ton of the board too.

No one wants to get plinked with an AP shot every turn.
>>
>>47097380

There is that.

>That's nice Cavalry/Trollkin you have there, what with the drop from 8 wounds to 5. Shame if something was to happen to them.
>>
>>47097158

Ret doesn't have easy access to boosting ranged damage. They've got I think two; one is Ossyan's feat (technically additional die), and I can't even remember what the other one is.
>>
>>47097153

I think thats what they are aiming for. While the other teams get stuff thats a horror to large jacks (due to bad/average rat), and also having a anti infantry role (most of them have some form of AOE attack and a descent pow).

As I said, I'm not surprised, it´s a "fair enough" boost, its just so damn boring. Hell, I had given my left nut to see some "sniper" rules, distinguish it from the rest of the artillery models, something like "chose which column" or the like.

>>47097158

Yes, we get it, its a model to take out light jacks. But with a base cost of nearly the same, and how much staying power do we get? If this model costs around 3-4p, and a light does the same, or slightly above, will this model simply be a 3-4p model speed bump, nailing a shot in before dying? I don't see any form of survivability except a slightly above average def of 13, but this is easily negated with a buffed to hit from just about any jack. If we keep our 2 models with no boxes, hell, this team will be dust after one salvo, and there is no chance in hell we will down a light in one shot.

Still, will be interesting to run 2 of these as a team, sniping of (hopefully), enemy lights as they approach. We can at least hope for a boosted range, as 14" isn't that great (wont count the movement, as this model is bound to be aiming in cover, to have any hope of surviving).
>>
File: HorgenholdArtilleryCorps_Front.png (1 MB, 750x1050) Image search: [Google]
HorgenholdArtilleryCorps_Front.png
1 MB, 750x1050
Ossrum will enjoy these things I guess. Snipe or fire for effect. And Durgen appreciates a 4" aoe on feat.
>>
>>47098504
Actually fire for effect would be nasty (assuming he keeps the spell) for the boosted hit and then 14+4d6 if it's direct
>>
>>47097158
Ret has almost nothing that boosts ranged damage. It's just Ossyan.

Cracking ARM has always been one of their problems as a faction. We'll have to wait and see if that changes.
>>
>>47098590

I'd love to see them get an engineer or military officer to let their ranged weapons pick at jacks more effectively.
>>
>>47097521
Eh it's not just anti-light jack. An accurate shot can threaten some solos and support pieces. Pow 8 is enough to threaten the lower armored solos. I suspect it'll always find something worth shooting at every turn.

It's also dice -2 against arm 20. Which means it's a reliable way of getting some more damage on a grid of a heavy. A situation where every bit helps.

Your also underestimating the PC of lights. The redeemer is going to be 11 points.

Heavy rifle team is 4 points. For that cost you get a solid threat range gun that can shoot competently at any target you want.

Given the FA it's laughable to expect any of the artillery to do things totally on their own.
>>
>>47098557
I was actually thinking how much fun khadors guns are gonna have with Irusk2 if he keeps that spell. Boosted to hit and damage Pow15 shots with autoknockdown makes them me really wanna run a few of them.
>>
>>47097041
>I don't think we Ret-players will find this journey special at all

I'm not hoping for much, just some rebalancing among the (heavy) Jacks. As it stands now, basically the Banshee, Phoenix and Imperatus are the only Jacks capable of some armor-cracking, and with more Jacks coming to the field in MK3 I want to have some variety.
>>
>>47098661
I forget does the heavy rifle team get stealth?
>>
>>47098681
Sounds like you ret players really just want your insider already. Well given that the last insider was Legion and last week we got an insider thurs. I suspect we'll get a Warmachine faction today.
>>
>>47098684
Nope.
>>
>>47088497
It has brutal damage on an aoe...
>>
>>47098684

Sadly no.

That would be a very cool Elite Cadre for a warcaster to give them though.
>>
>>47098741
weird Id think they'd get that or camouflage as its Ret and you're a bunch of sneaky gits.
>>
>>47098684
Okay I'll just post the stats. No stealth.

Mk2 its spd 4, RAT 5, Def 13, Arm 13. RNG 14 ROF 1, POW 7. Grunt only has a sword.
PC 2 FA 2.
Armor Piercing, Light Artillery, MK2 Rangefinder.

MK3 based on spoilers
SPD 3, RAT 5, Def 13, Arm 13. RNG 14 ROF 1, POW 8. Grunt only has a sword.
PC 4 FA 2.
Mobile Artillery (+1" movement from grunt being within 2"), Take Up, MK3 Range Finder (Boosted attack roll)

So it runs 7" (6"+1"), has a move and shoot threat of 18", and aiming threat of 14".

Mind take up is a global boost in survivability for the gun itself on all these weapon crews. Not a large one admittedly but it helps.
>>
>>47098681
I honesty believe that if most things don't change I'm terms of overall power level, all Ret casters need a buff.

I don't think I've played aginst all of them, but the ones I have seem to have huge holes on their playstyles. Rahn for example seems like he could be great if he had a just one thing extra.
>>
File: HorgenholdArtilleryCorps_Back.png (808 KB, 750x1050) Image search: [Google]
HorgenholdArtilleryCorps_Back.png
808 KB, 750x1050
>>47098757
Brutal damage is only on the model directly hit if the Horgenhold Artillery is any indication.
>>
>>47098814
jesus well, here's hoping they get camo or something through a theme force. Arm13 is nice but I'd rather settle on some high Defense than trust that.
>>
>>47097521
>If this model costs around 3-4p, and a light does the same

The only lights that are even close to that price are super cheap Chicken jacks The Death Ripper costs 6. It's also defense 14 and armor 14, so you'r hitting it on below average dice and dealing dice +2 damage. The thing only has 20 boxes, so if you deal average damage, you've taken out half of it.

All the other lights we've seen costs for are closer to 10+ points.

So if this model costs 3-4 points, it's got a useful niche.

>>Still, will be interesting to run 2 of these as a team, sniping of (hopefully), enemy lights as they approach. We can at least hope for a boosted range, as 14" isn't that great (wont count the movement, as this model is bound to be aiming in cover, to have any hope of surviving).

Or it can move and shoot. Rat 7 vs a light jack hits on average dice and is going to do about dice +1 or so damage. That's not bad on a unit that's likely not going to be as much as even the cheapest light jack.
>>
Also cause curious. Heavy Rifle Pow 8 Armor Piercing vs Horgenhold Pow 14 brutal damage. Note that Horgenhold is 6 PC and HRT is 4 PC.
Arm : Pow 8 + piercing | Pow 14 +1d6
Arm 16 : 0+2d6 | -2 +3d6
Arm 18: -1+2d6 | -4 +3d6
Arm 20: -2+2d6 | -6 +3d6
Arm 22: -3+2d6 | -8 +3d6

Personally I feel like these are pretty comparable damage profiles. 3d6 can obviously get super lucky sometimes. HRT has more consistent damage (5-7 avg) and is affected more slowly by raises in armor. Arm 18 appears to be where the two are pretty even.

HRT has outright better accuracy given the two art have the same RAT. It loses hard against small based models and has less threat range. So I'd say overall Horgenhold is better but it is more expensive so it should be.

Further consideration is we don't know where Stormfall archers or Ghost Snipers are going stats wise. While not directly buffing HRT it is plausible HRT is performing a role distinct from these other two models.
>>
>>47099043

Yeah, the Heavy Rifle is very steady vs jacks. Even all the way up at 22 arm it's going to pick some armour off most times. The Horgenhold starts to really struggle come arm 20+
>>
>>47099043

Also of note for the future, the Heavy Rifle does much better with support than the Horgenhold. The Horgenhold is already boosted and doesn't really have sources of 'Extra damage dice'. If Ret ever get a warcaster that can boost the damage of his allies, it's going to be terrifying.
>>
Heavy rifle team gets stopped cold by shields or armor buffs, horgenhold not so much.
>>
>>47099203
Brutal Damage is actually additional die.

Though HRT is cheaper so it'd be easier to fit it alongside support. Though it's hard to judge support for these models in general right now.

Also as a merc player whose Sea Dog Deck Gun is 3 PC and not great. I look at Ret or Cryx bitching and can't take it seriously.
>>
>>47099218
That should literally be the opposite. Because Horgenhold damage profile doesn't scale as well as armor increases. If we are talking about Arm 24 (which takes stacking buffs to reach) then Horgenhold is dice-10 on 3d6 and on avg does 0.5 damage. HRT is dice - 4 for an avg of 3 damage. The real trick is if you get a lucky roll on Horgenhold and roll boxcars.

Also that +1 Pow is actually a really significant boost to an armor piercing weapon.
>>
>>47099265
You realize that shields and buffs happen AFTER the armor is halved, right?

An arm 16 with a +2 shield is dice-4 to the horgenhold, dice-2 for the rifle team. That's the point of what I said. Armor buffs and shields are effectively double the armor vs armor piercing.
>>
>>47099265
Nix that I've been getting armor piercing wrong. It only applies to base armor. So an Arm 17 jack with a +2 shield becomes arm 9+2 for 11. While an arm 19 jack becomes arm 10. Not sure it's that big of a deal but I was wrong.
>>
>>47099218
armor piercing now works on small bases
>>
Feeling a lot better about the Skorne artillery now. Soles responded to one of my posts.

"Its not really the time or place to discuss tactics, but we have seen both these weapons used to great effect. Enough so that we dialed back their threat a bit based on play test findings. Some pieces of the puzzle you may just have to wait to discover."
>>
>>47099687
isn't it largely the same? it can just move now.
>>
File: 1353425492045.gif (728 KB, 216x288) Image search: [Google]
1353425492045.gif
728 KB, 216x288
>>47099517
and suddenly the HRT looks a lot sexier.
>>
>>47099231

>Brutal Damage is actually additional die.

...dammit. I've been playing the RPG too much, where Brutal is Boosted.
>>
>>47099517
source?
>>
>>47099976
We know all faction are getying artilerry support solos, Skorne one may have a good synergy with catapult. Some casters may also have ability to suport really well.
>>
>>47100055

Right now I'm kinda wishing I could run HRT + Hunters + Sloane for maximum sniper.
>>
>>47100036
http://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?250378-OFFICIAL-Insider-05-04-Jason-Soles-Weapon-Crews&p=3500468&viewfull=1#post3500468
>>
HRT become a solo hunter.
>>
>>47100113
Well goddamn.
>>
File: pip-75052.jpg (134 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
pip-75052.jpg
134 KB, 500x500
>AP works vs small bases
Will this make Efaarit good? I really like the model, because those weird little dudes are hella Star Wars, but POW 7 was kinda underwhelming. But, if I can reliably dunk solos, I think they'd be a great way to take off some support pieces. If they're still cheap, a team could shoot out light 'jack systems really reliably, and probably take arms off of heavies.
>>
People are under estimating controlling space. If you can lock a light jack out of a large area of the board it needs to be in you don't need to kill it. Think of these in scenario play covering the objectives. It's going to shut down using light jacks to hold stuff.
>>
I hope Khador is good in MK3. I'm getting back into the game, haven't played since mark1, used to play circle.

I'm thinking of buying pVlad, Drago and another war jack as a self made battlebox. then buying the new mk3 battlebox when it comes out. Do you think kodiak I'd a good buy?
>>
>>47100954
Buy the actual battlebox, there will be a lot of new players and your character jack will wreck most battleboxes solo.
>>
>>47100954
Kodiak is a solid flanker, but consider getting one of the multikits and magnetizing. Lots of options. The new dirt-cheap heavies can have some utility, especially in battlebox games.
>>
>>47100830
It was good already.

Scouts don't do a ton of work, but they do it all game with how safe they keep themselves.
>>
Would you rather have 3 heavies or two lights and a heavy in your battle box?
>>
all the spoilers so far

http://www.3plusplus.net/2016/05/warmachine-mk3-spoilers-summary/
>>
>>47101703
2*
>>
>>47101703
>>47101718
I think for the most part I'd rather have the Cygnar battlebox come with a Hunter and a Sentinel instead of the Lancer and Charger, and for Retribution I think I'd prefer a Phoenix and two griffons over the Manticore Chimera and Griffon. Either way I prefer the heavy and two lights configuration.
>>
>>47088460
there is absolutely no way he keeps it, Spot will be Skarre's Unique Thing in mk3. You can screennshot this
>>
File: image.jpg (188 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
188 KB, 960x960
Todays insider is skorne, Monday is ret

In the meantime PPs site is getting bum rushed
>>
Fuck man.

+1 focus per turn means Force Wall is now exploding Focus everywhere.
>>
>>47102674
You're making the dangerous assumption that Force Wall even exists in the new edition, which it likely does not considering they removed theme forces as we know them.
>>
>>47102713
Shitty feeling when you own five paladins for Durst
>>
File: 1426131082062.png (52 KB, 346x360) Image search: [Google]
1426131082062.png
52 KB, 346x360
>>47103005
>buying miniatures for any reason other than owning a miniature
>>
>>47103005
I'm sure 3 caster games are gonna be the standard in Mk3.
>>
>>47102423
It's still down. I don't like this. What happens to Skorne?
>>
>>47103200
Bad things. Titan nerfs.
>>
>>47103005
It's quite likely that a theme force that promotes Paladins will exist.
>>
Brace yourselves for Void Spirits with boosted attack and damage rolls and infinite attacks. Get fucked.
>>
>>47103466

Prepare to eat errata, boyo
>>
>>47103488
I certainly hope so
>>
>>47103466
link?
>>
>>47103523
Have you checked your butt?
>>
>>47103549
you must be over 18 to use this site.
>>
>>47100954

In mk2, fuck no. We don't know enough about mk3 to really say.
>>
>>47103622
Honestly I think after reading the two abilities it may not work that way, wouldn't it chain like berserk and then once his combat action is complete then he could teleport?
>>
>>47103622
I'm in my twenties, but I'll ask again. Have you checked your butt for the incredibly easy to acquire link that you are looking for?
>>
>>47103759
No, because it says during his combat action. Unless they've changed the steps, then he can void walk first, then killing spree.
>>
>>47103782
Fair enough. I'm just waiting for clarification at this point. That still seems a tad silly. If anything I'm still bothered they are continuing with the whole "living" thing. It's really obnoxious shit like that which was one of Cryx's big advantages in MKII
>>
>>47103762
You're replying to the wrong person retard.

PP's website is dead as a door nail, if you have the info else where people will want to know where.
>>
File: image.jpg (80 KB, 466x414) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
80 KB, 466x414
Because site still seems to be down:

http://m.imgur.com/a/BLrh3

Should i post the text of the article as well?
>>
>>47103821
Well if that's the wrong person then he shouldn't have replied to my post. Now pull the stuck out of your ass before you choke on it. All the info is easy to find, I'm not going to hold your hand
>>
>>47103821

Check the Skrone group's facebook page.
>>
>>47103823
That would be nice
>>
>>47103869

Found the ass-burger.
>>
>>47103899
>I am incapable of using the internet,
>>
>>47103870
RRREEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I don't know any of the warmachine facebook groups, I only use it to contact my local playgroup
>>
File: 1269737053988.jpg (34 KB, 389x388) Image search: [Google]
1269737053988.jpg
34 KB, 389x388
>>47103869

>someone asking link to info since site is down
>behaves like dick instead of helping with easy to find info
>mfw
>>
https://www.reddit.com/r/Warmachine/comments/4i1up5/new_insider_up_skorne_faction_overview/
>>
>>47103823
>>47103892

The skorne are an ancient people with a proud and bloody history. Unbowed to any god and unrivaled in their thirst for conquest, the skorne are bound only to their traditions, rigid division of castes, and reverence for the spirits of their ancestors. Their warriors are the inheritors of a strict code that has spanned countless generations, and yet has maintained continuity through close contact with those who came before.

Their dark and arcane sciences grant them the capability to blur the lines of life and death, to tear the secrets from their enemies’ broken bodies, and to unleash brutal arcane assaults. Believing themselves to be worthy masters of all they survey, the skorne ruthlessly enslave any who fall under their yoke, turning the beasts of the wastelands into living engines of war.

When it comes to the Skorne as a Faction, themes rise readily to the surface. The hoksune code shows a clear preference for close combat over killing at range. The skorne’s mastery of mortitheurgy as both weapon and motivational tool gives us a blueprint for a withering and terrible system of magic. Their penchant for the preservation of the soul opens up new vistas for recruitment and the maintenance of their armies. But above all, the skorne value strength and skill. The warrior caste rules, but it is the cunning and command of dark magics that set its leaders apart.
>>
>>47103989
The Cannoneer, Gladiator, and Sentry all retained their distinct roles on the battlefield. That said, the Cannoneer gained a 4” AOE and traded its old animus for Farstrike, though it went down to FURY 3. It feels like a steal when it can aim with an effective RNG of 16” and hit with a POW 15 attack.

As long as we are talking about taking certain warbeasts down a peg, would you be surprised to hear the name of Molik Karn? Yeah, the check was in the mail on this one, I am sorry to say. He just overshadowed too many other options in the army, possessing a horrific damage output with a great deal of built-in efficiency. The good news is that he is down to 20 points. How he got there takes a bit of explanation.
>>
>>47104003

All character warbeasts and warjacks have lost their affinities. Instead, most now have bonds, which no longer influence the amount of focus a warjack can be allocated or modify the Threshold of warbeasts. Instead, each has a special benefit that the beast or ’jack gains while controlled by its bonded warcaster. Additionally, bonds enable the beast or ’jack to be added to any theme force that its warcaster or warlock is a part of, whether it can normally be included in the theme force or not.

Rather than having it natively, Molik Karn’s new bond with Makeda now grants him Sidestep while he is in her control range. All that said, with his MAT 7 and twin P + S 13 melee attacks with 2” RNG, Weapon Master , and Combo Strike, Karn remains a ravening terror on the battlefield. The Basilisk Krea also underwent some significant changes. Her capabilities were limiting the Faction’s design space. Mk II Paralytic Aura became one of those factors we had to weigh every time we talked about the Skorne. After a great deal of focused playtest we eventually replaced her old animus with Force Aura, which states, “While within 3˝ of the spellcaster, friendly Faction models gain Force Barrier. Force Aura lasts for one round. (A model with Force Barrier gains +2 DEF against ranged attack rolls and does not suffer blast damage.)”
>>
>>47104015
Oh yeah, you see where it says “spellcaster” in the text of the animus? Well, animi are now clearly defined as spells, no matter who casts it, effectively removing a counterintuitive and potentially easy-to-forget distinction. Another change we made to animi was more philosophical. We decided that animi are a defining characteristic of each army. Rather than trying to give each warbeast a unique animus, we chose a selection of animi that suited each Faction and repeated them where it made sense. That is how both the Razor Worm and the Rhinodon ended up with Spiny Growth (now target SELF only).

We eventually settled on the Repulsion animus for the Agonizer . . . because it is now a lesser warbeast. No longer a Fury Bank, we focused on streamlining its Agonies, which, while different, are still utterly chilling in their effects. Those are generally the most significant changes to the Skorne’s warbeasts. There are more minor adjustments throughout, such as point adjustments and Skorne gargantuans picking up more damage boxes, etc.

It’s hard to talk about Skorne warbeasts though without talking about their support. Charged with the care and training of the Skorne’s warbeasts, the Paingiver Beast Handlers accompany the empire’s armies to war. In addition to remaining formidable combatants, with RNG 2 whips and Anatomical Precision (which now also negates Tough ), the Beast Handlers remain a premier warbeast support unit. Beast Manipulations are gone. Instead, each Handler has three special actions that he can use to influence the beasts in the army.
>>
>>47104034
These include Condition (which now adds or removes only 1 fury point), Enrage (which is now a flat +2 STR bonus without dictating the action the beast has to take during its activation), and Medicate (which is now limited to B2B, like Repair in WARMACHINE). Additionally, there is no limit to the number of times a warbeast can be affected by these special rules each turn (though a beast can still only be affected by Enrage once per turn, obviously).

Now onto the Skorne’s highly trained warriors. As with most heavy infantry in the game, the Cataphracts were reduced from 8 to 5 five damage boxes. We decided that massed blocks of heavy infantry were getting a little out of hand. Those blocks often fell somewhere between no fun to play against to disheartening, so we reduced the resources required to take them out, viewing this as the province of warjacks and warbeasts. We also took a look at the DEF of the Cataphracts relative to the rest of the infantry in the Faction and lowered it to 11. While inhumanly strong and highly trained, all that armor has to come at some cost. These changes enabled us to roughly maintain the cost of the Cataphracts (the Arcuarii are now 11/17, the Cetrati are 13/20, and the Incindiarii are 12/18) while keeping the Faction’s ample support spells balanced.

The Praetorians remain little-changed, though they have been recosted for the new edition . . . with the exception of the Ferox, who have learned some new tricks. The distinction between light and heavy cavalry is now gone. Instead, all cavalry can make impact attacks on the charge and gain boosted charge attack rolls, and make Mount attacks as standard melee attacks when they don’t charge. The Praetorian Ferox excel at brutal, non-charge Mount attacks. Two of the lynchpins of the Skorne infantry are the Tyrant Commander & Standard Bearer and the Venator Slingers (yes, you read that last bit correctly).
>>
>>47104054
The Tyrant Commander remains an asset to his Faction with his capabilities little changed (including his 8 damage boxes). The Venator Slingers, however, have been born again. The Slingers now have a menu of alchemical attacks that would make a Gun Mage proud. In addition to a pair of acidic attacks, they also picked up Flare, which they can use to paint targets for more powerful attacks from other Skorne forces.

I also want to throw a spotlight on the spiritual side of the Skorne. The Ancestral Guardians and Immortals now generate soul tokens when they are destroyed, so can you field flavorful armies made up entirely of the exalted dead.

Before moving on to warlocks, I want to look at three solos who cast long shadows over their Faction. The Paingiver Task Master remains very similar to his previous incarnation and is still able to propel the Minions who serve the Skorne to incredible heights of brutality (and now for 3 points). The Mortitheurge Willbreaker remains a potent weapon in the Skorne arsenal, but no longer possesses Ancillary Attack. In fact, very few models left in the game do. Instead, they possess Flesh-Hardening, which states, “RNG CMD. Target friendly Faction living warrior model/unit. If the model/unit is in range, continuous effects on it immediately expire and it gains Tough for one round.” Furthermore, the Willbreaker’s Influence ability now enables it to force enemy models to make ranged attacks as well as melee attacks. Lastly, there is Aptimus Marketh, who now has a Magical Ability score of 7 for the spells he casts via Spellslave. Models with Spellslave are no longer able to cast Upkeep spells, however. That is the province of the warlock. And so let’s proceed to talk about the warlocks . . . With their rock-solid infantry and brutal, utilitarian warbeasts, we came to see that it was the warlocks who truly add variation to and define the Skorne’s armies.
>>
>>47104069
The warlocks needed to be distinct, to push their forces in new directions, and to offer unique play experiences. I feel like it was here, more than in virtually any other Faction, that me made the most substantial changes to the capabilities of the warlocks. We looked at each version of every one and tried to make them as unique and interesting as possible, while trying to maintain continuity across each iteration of the various characters. Morghoul 1, for example, remained focused on manipulating the warbeasts in his battlegroup as well as maintaining his unique combat style, while Morghoul 2 came to the fore as an unparalleled assassin, even regaining his old Blackout feat, which inflicts Blind on enemy models throughout his control range (a change slightly mitigated by the fact that Blind is now shakeable).

Rethinking the Makedas, we wanted to make sure that each felt like the imperious mistress of the Skorne Empire. Makeda 1 became even more of a combined arms master, keeping Carnage but trading her other spells for Quicken, Subjugation of Will, and The Lash. Subjugation of Will is a control range upkeep spell that grants Shield Guard to the warbeasts in her battlegroup. The Lash, on the other hand, is a potent attack spell with a 3” AOE that reduces the THR of warbeasts hit by 2 for a round. Meanwhile, Makeda 2 has evolved further into the patron saint of the empire, acquiring an even more defining version of Stay Death that no longer stipulates “Once per turn.” Among some other changes you will have to wait to see, she also traded Engine of Destruction for Storm Rager, an upkeep spell that reads, “Target friendly Faction warrior model gains +2 STR, MAT, and ARM and cannot be targeted by combined ranged attacks or combined melee attacks.”

Makeda 3, always very distinct from her two other incarnations, simply traded Sun Hammer for Hand of Death, a spell that grants a target Faction model Grievous Wounds and Overtake.
>>
>>47104091
Despite suffering apparent destruction for a second time, Mordikaar has continued to evolve. It is hard to keep a good Void Seer down. He traded Void Lord for Elite Cadre, and Ghost Walk and Banishing Ward for Host of Shadows and Manifest Void. But to apprehend the complete picture, you also need to see the new Void Spirit cards.

Link to pics again: http://imgur.com/a/BLrh3
>>
>>47104054
Looks like heavy infantry is shit now. -3 wounds and barely 1 mk2 point cost reduction.
>>
>>47104185
On the forums they said it was because Cataphracts had a "Negative play experience" and overshadowed other options
>>
>Skorne nerfs
Well that's a faction I can cross off my list.
>>
>>47104185
Their new stats are insane though, especially if the implication that Shield Wall is no longer a rule and they're just 13/20 base.
>>
>>47104237
I think you need to read again sir. I think you might be mixing up point costs with stats. They actually across the board went down to def 11.
>>
>>47104237
They went down in defense
>>
Skorne Mark 3 Design Philosophy: Don't play an all immortal army? Then go fuck yourself!
>>
>In order to better ease the number of cards you need in game we have put multiple damage tracks on various models so you don't have to run around with a bunch of duplicate cards that are only there for damage tracking purposes.

Best thing about Mk3 so far.
>>
>>47104310
Are you kidding?

Void Spirits now murder fucking everything.

Makeda3 Molik now murders everything.

Mord got some actual control stuff, even if it's more specific to enemy soul collection. Still, some spell hate, soul fuckery, and those fucking void spirits seem fucking nuts.
>>
>>47104310
Can you cry more?
>>
>>47104367
Oh, and Makeda1 + two Screaming Elephants seems hilarious

>Here's two extra fury, some pushes to put you right next to each other, and hey look, those warbeasts are now -2THR. Enjoy frenzying on each other.
>>
>>47104310
I think it's more like:

>Skorne Mk3 Design Philosophy
>MURDER THE WORLD AHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>47104351
>>47104403
Confirmed in thread the teleport is once per activation
>>
http://www.strawpoll.me/10138678

Poll to see what factions people PLAY (not own).
>>
>>47104397
push power attacks are now gone, along with head and weapon locks.
>>
>>47104447
Man, it's almost like Skorne didn't pick up Repulsion as an animus!
>>
>>47104418
Still an unlimited amount of 1" moves as long as you kill shit. And you're telling me that you're going to be able to keep all of your infantry perfectly spaced apart to avoid the four Void Spirits (plus any the Despoiler spawn) that will be flying around while still contesting flags and zones?
>>
>>47104397
>>47104367
Mordikaar seems pretty good. It is still retarded that his spell gives enemy models soulless if I'm reading it correctly. I'm mostly upset they took Makeda1 from a caster that had a good array of support spells for her infantry and ham-fisted some weird combined arms approach. New Makeda 3 seems interesting though
>>
>>47104481
Not unlimited, remember they are still only .5 melee
>>
>>47104508
That's true. But unit command values are going down, so things are going to packed tighter together. So even if one doesn't murder a whole unit, four of them can probably still murder more than their points cost easily.
>>
>>47104537
>But unit command values are going down

Where are you getting that from? All they've said is that the CMD for UA's (or CA's as they are now called) are being reduced so that the Standard Bearers and their new ability to increase the unit leader's CMD will actually do something useful.

They haven't said they're reducing the CMD values for the base units.
>>
>>47104481
Kill a model to get move + attack is nothing new.
They will murder infantry, sure, but you won't kill more than tresher+reach or blasts already with just 1" move.
>>
>>47104607
They confirmed that they're reducing the CMD for the base units and the Standard Bearer's ability to increase CMD will only work while within a certain distance of the leader. Plus, the staffers confirmed that command values are now "completely within" instead of just "within" to keep things consistent with other wording.
>>
>>47104668
>They confirmed that they're reducing the CMD for the base units

Got a link? Cause I know they've said they're dialing back the CMD on UA officers but I have never seen anything about them decreasing CMD on the base units.
>>
>>47104657
It's the teleport that's so dangerous.

What do you do about a Void spirit that charges a random model, kill its, teleports into your back line, and starts killing support models?

What about one that bounces off a random trooper to get onto Eyriss or Gorman or your other two point toolbox solo?

Like, that 8" place followed by another 1" move gives them an insane threat towards models. And while Killing Spree requires living, the boost is just straight up, so he can kill Tarter, for example. It's a pretty nasty threat from a combat solo.
>>
Behemoth got swole.

For reference that's a regular Destroyer on the left and an Extreme Juggernaut in the middle.
>>
>>47104858
Wait fuck, it's only living.

But still.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 22

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.