[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Me and my bro are creating a collection of deities for our Pathfinder
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: divine-1.jpg (102 KB, 640x464) Image search: [Google]
divine-1.jpg
102 KB, 640x464
Me and my bro are creating a collection of deities for our Pathfinder world.

What creative ideas can you guys give me?
>>
>>47074102
If you have to ask for advice, just use the gods Paizo already made. They're not bad, just tweak them to your setting.
>>
A mad sun deity, that's worshiped by fearful vampires as a god of death. His goal is to purge the dark, but is indifferent to anything he cant burn. He could also favorable towards fire-related things, like dragons or elementals
>>
>>47074145
I'm doing this more for my bro's sake, he seems pretty set on creating localized mythos to flesh out the world to our liking.
>>
>>47074102
The pathfinder gods are actually alright.

If you think you can do better though, put some more thought into it than asking for /tg/'s help. Because if I do custom gods I tend to go the route of having one actual God and everyone else being divine creations of his either in ultimate service or rebellion.
>>
>>47074102
> A god of fire, a man who is very chill and calm and relaxed, because he realizes that the power he contains can cause the literal heat-death of the universe if he cuts loose. So he practices zen every day and always turns the other cheek. When he wants to fight without killing everything and has himself perfectly under control, he makes Genos' most powerful incinerate attacks or Zuko at his most powerful look like the efforts of a gnat with a bic lighter.

> A polynesian god of storms who loves to wrestle and challenge others to swimming contests or tests of strength and skill. Powerful storms are what happens when he is performing a haka war dance, and the thunder is the result of his thigh- and chest-slapping.
>>
>>47074102
A god fueled by nonbelief, who prevents direct intervention. He is strong, and grows stronger as scientific knowledge progresses. Other gods have learned to make their miracles subtle, indirect, and easy to miss so as to work without his notice. He is violent to other dieties and celestial beings.
>>
>>47074102
A god who technically doesn't exist. People pray to it, but the god isn't real, and long ago the clerics of the god realized that in order to keep shit working and society from falling apart, they had to fake it. The priests of this god are basically scientists with low wizard levels back in the day, but now are weird scientists who think they're clerics, because the faith has become so wide spread and accepted, they think their god demands of them self-sufficiency, and that the ideas they think of to advance things are miracles given from their god.

Meanwhile, the god is still completely nonexistant.
>>
The master of fate, secrets, and the starry sky. Rarely worshipped but by disparate mystery cults, often feared and cursed for their hand in any given misfortune.
>>
Fleshing out a pantheon can be very time consuming. OP are you creating the whole setting top down or bottom up?
>>
Foyln, God of Decay
>Foyln was created as the world came to be, feasting on that which was rotting away. As he grow stronger, he managed to influence the world, allowing for the decay of both men and animals. His followers are plagued with diseases, their skin rotting as they walk. They see it as a blessing, allowing them to be near their deity.

Libid, God of Lust
>Libid came to be as humanity managed to go deeper and deeper into the whirl of sexual pleasure. Created by sexual desire, she manages to influence men to turn into lusting, raping maniacs. Whoever is influenced by her will do little but engage in more and more lunatic rituals to gain sexual pleasure, never to be satisfied by the outcome. Many brothels are dedicated to Libid.

You need some anti-gods. Everyone has those war gods, fire gods or general lawful gods that help everyone in need.
>>
File: Miflorg.png (176 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
Miflorg.png
176 KB, 600x450
>>47074102
Miflorg.

You can't go wrong with Miflorg.

http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Miflorg_%283.5e_Deity%29
>>
>>47074102

I've always been intrigued by the idea of a creator god who, before he could go about his stated goal of creating the World, was slain by one or another of his children- the gods of the setting, who disagree as to who is to blame for the death of the First. In death, however, his plan comes to fruition: The Material plane (and most of the other planes) growing forth from his rotting corpse.
>>
File: 6128545862.png (67 KB, 469x500) Image search: [Google]
6128545862.png
67 KB, 469x500
Make a Jester God, laughing's good for ya.
>>
File: 1442703324783.png (408 KB, 800x895) Image search: [Google]
1442703324783.png
408 KB, 800x895
>>47075488
I second this. The subgroups can make great antagonists or helpful allies.
>>
Idea from my last campaign.
Two gods of the Sun: Fuegan, and Heliara.
>Fuegan was originally the god of the Sun, and he was a mighty god. He brought light to the world and was beloved for it. One day, he was betrayed by another god, and mortally wounded. Unable to summon the strength to maintain it, the sun failed to rise, and the world endured a week of pure darkness.
>At the end of this week, a minor Goddess, called Heliara, took it upon herself to force the sun to rise once again. With colossal effort on her part, she forced the sun to once more rise over the world, and in doing so, absorbed part of Fuegan's power, making her stronger than ever.
>Fuegan survived his injury, and attempted to return to his duty, but found Heliara had usurped his job. He did battle with her, but ultimately they reached an uncomfortable stalemate. Now, the two constantly vie for the right to be the one and only god of the sun.
>Fuegan despises Heliara for stealing his power and usurping his position. He resents having to share the title of "sun-god" with this young upstart. In turn, Heliara refuses to give back the power or position, for she has grown accustomed to the adoration of her worshipers, as well as the sense of fulfillment she gets from knowing she is the one who brings light to the people and allows them to continue living.
>>
>>47074102
Could you maybe offer a starting point to go off from?

Important setting details, themes, or a major diety to interact with?
>>
>>47074102
Giant undead fetus from outer space

You know of what i speak
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.