[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm starting up Curse of Strahd this weekend with my gaming
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
I'm starting up Curse of Strahd this weekend with my gaming bros. Castle Ravenloft was the first module I ever played, a number of years ago that I'd rather not count. I've ran the original module only once before, also many years ago, with a different group, so I'm excited to run this version. Looks sexy.

Then my players made their party. Four halflings. All brothers. A cleric, a sorcerer, a fighter and a rogue. Now, I'm not saying they can't do it, or I can't handle it, but the imagery
just...well, I'm sure you can imagine:

>vampires kneeling to make bite attacks
>none of the loot is sized properly
>Barovians: "Why are those four children so heavily-armed, and why are they taunting Strahd?"
>everyone has advantage on fear saves, in a gothic horror campaign
>four halflings = shenanigans everywhere, knowing these chucklefucks

Is it just me? Or are they the heroes that Barovia deserves? How fucked am I, /tg/?
>>
>>47073347
sounds like you got a tall order
>>
>>47073347

Just kill 'em.
>>
>>47073347
Don't see your group short, OP.
>>
Remove the resistance to fear affects bit.give them a different boon. I did something similar with darkvision because 5e races give it out like candy.
>>
>>47073803
But*
>>
>>47073803
Why remove it? That sounds like you're short-changing them of their natural abilities.
>>
>>47073347
When you're short-handed on adventuring types to deal with vampires, sometimes you have to settle for half a man.
>>
>>47073483
>>47073795
>>47074030
Hehehe
>>
>>47073347
There's little hope for Barovia.
>>
File: ravenloft.jpg (171 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
ravenloft.jpg
171 KB, 1280x720
>>47073347

>Vampires kneeling to make bite attacks

Strahd and vampires in general have 18 strength. Have him pick the chucklefucks up like bottle of malt liquor and start chugging.

>None of the loot is sized properly

Make the normal armor not fit. Halflings can already use longswords and battleaxes without re-sizing them. Any of the +1 or magical stuff should refit themselves. They fought for it, they earned it.

>Barovians: "Why are those four children so heavily-armored, and why are they taunting Strahd?"

The Barovians will probably hate them at first. They're racist as fuck. Maybe have a few kids like them so they don't try torching the town and bringing down the wrath of Strahd.

>Everyone has advantage on fear saves, in a gothic horror campaign

They have advantage on the saves. Doesn't mean they can't be unsettled by Rahadin and his choir of dead. Or be disturbed by the Bone Mill. If anything, I'd find an elf to be more difficult because Strahd and other creatures can't charm them.

>four halflings = shenanigans everywhere, knowing these chucklefucks

If they try breaking into houses in Bavaria, there'll be Strahd Zombies that appear. It's hard to go robbing houses when everyone's poor.

I don't see a major problem with the party going full-halfling. I do see a problem when the DM takes away from the players. Let them have the fear advantage. And when they start messing with the townsfolk, just have Strahd come down and start fucking with them. Strahd likes a ruthless foe.

I might post later when I'm done combing over Curse of Strahd and get back to you when there are calls for fear saving throws. For I remember the number being low.
>>
>>47075950

At least what I found from my initial findings, there are very few creatures who inflict the frightened effect on your character. I have found at least six monsters who do inflict the charmed status on you. I can't say that running a party of halfings would be breaking the module. Even if there are a few scenarios where the frightened status is inflicted, they will still have to take an action to get rid of it.
>>
File: 1423286105059.jpg (44 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1423286105059.jpg
44 KB, 500x500
>>47073347

>Four halflings.
>chucklefucks

Sounds about right.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.