[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
First time on /tg/. Since I was a kid I always loved Rol games
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: Bible Fight.jpg (42 KB, 540x539) Image search: [Google]
Bible Fight.jpg
42 KB, 540x539
First time on /tg/. Since I was a kid I always loved Rol games but the thing is that I never played one except the ones that I made by myself. I also loved playing Card Games (Magic, Yugioh, Pokemon) etc. When I keep growing my interest on board games in generals disappeared (I was still playing card games).

But recently I had this feel again and I ask my friends if they wanted to play a Rol board game or something like that. They said yes, the problem is that I don't know what I should buy, can you guys recommend me a board game or rol game that is kind of entry level for my friends? that is cheap but also pretty colorfull with art?
Also another question not related : there is a group here for Tabletop Simulator?
>>
It mostly depends on what you want to play, OP. And by "you" I mean everyone at the table.
>>
>>47032449
I dont know what they want to play, they just tell me yes.
>>
There's a board game general that has plenty of board game recommendations. I can personally recommend Settlers of Catan as an easy first step back into the world of board games, and you can also try easy pick-up games like Age of War or Love Letter, which are cheap and still a lot of fun.

If you're looking for a roleplaying game, the current go-to would probably be D&D 5e, and all you really need to do is pick up the starter set to start playing.

But, these are just casual suggestions, and you'll likely find a multitude of other suggestions here.
>>
>>47032526

Not even a favorite tv series or something?
>>
>>47031971
If you're looking for a roleplaying game it all depends on what setting you want to play in. I have a suggestion for any setting, but I'd rather not clutter up the thread, so ask away if you're looking for a game to roleplay in.
>>
>>47032644
I guess weeb or heroe stuff, maybe some warhammer style shit.
>>
>>47032785

Heroes of what kind? Usual fantasy?

For weeb: well, if they're really weaboo I'd suggest Golden Sky Stories. It does moe like a charm, but it only does moe.
Though this is something... well, you play with kids or honestly people wouldn't expect that.
>>
>>47032785
OP reads as if he speaks Spanish. Do you speak spanish op? Because your weeb issues are solved if you do, just get Anima Beyond Fantasy.
>>
>>47032938
Like Super heroes
>>47032891
looks good

I honestly I dont know what to get for them, I just want them to enjoy the game.
>>
>>47033082
I used to have a massive collection of RP pdfs in Spanish. A shame.

If your friends are new to this stuff and need entry level games, I'd seriously recommend any Apocalypse World hack you can find. Character Creation is RIDICULOUSLY simple and there's lots of different hacks.

I've never found a simple, entry-level superhero game, sadly.
>>
>>47033174
Im the only Spaniard one of my group, everyone else are black, dominicans, etc.
>>
>>47033235
Dominicans speak Spanish too OP, por favor.

I assume you simply mean none of them speaks Spanish.

Check Champions / HERO for superheroes.
>>
>>47033300
sorry I didn't mean that. Just trying to say that mostly of my group speaks English.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.