[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dwarf Fortress Go
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: OldDwarfButGoodDwarf.png (3 KB, 660x360) Image search: [Google]
OldDwarfButGoodDwarf.png
3 KB, 660x360
>>
>>47027443
>spawn
>suddenly cats
>die
>>
Dwarf Fortress Stay
>>
>embark
>dig safe lodgings before winter entombs me
>swarm of giant lions
>everyone dies apart from one guy, who spends half a year farming and drinking wine on his own in a sealed off cave before merchants manage to kill the lions
>he later dies during a cave in
such is life
>>
>Embark
>One dwarf really likes axes, make him woodcutter
>One really likes picks, he is the miner
>One really likes microcline and rock salt - mason
>Plump helmets and goats? - farmer
>Pig bone? - craftsdwarf
>Pigs? - another farmer, also carpenter because hey, into oak wood
>Last one really likes some type of demon
>But not much else, it seems
>In the end, she was the only one who died happy
And thus fell the Basement of Pain
>>
File: someday.png (94 KB, 678x903) Image search: [Google]
someday.png
94 KB, 678x903
>Build really detailed plan for a fortress made out of the bones of dead dwarves and goblins.
>Get basic fortress setup up but get stuck trying to mod a reaction to turn bones into blocks correctly.
>Ask around on forums and learn that [technojargon regarding stackable items] mean it won't work THIS PATCH, but maybe [technojargon regarding implementation of some new bodypart-manipulation code] means that it'll be possible in a future patch.
>Cry because you cannot complete your Avatar of Armok.
>>
>>47028577
Don't worry, you'll be able to do it in 2-10 years at least, provided Toady doesnt kill himself before then
>>
>>47028699
>2-10 years
We'll only be halfway through implementing unit-specific fingerprints and hardcoding in that slices of toast always fall on the buttered side, do not kid yourself.
>>
>>47028699
Eh, I've resigned myself to only ever finishing one megaproject and have since moved on to other massively-time-consuming hobbies. I still have the vox-cad file though, in case the whim ever strikes me again.
>>
>>47027907
>embark near stream
>suddenly, crocodiles
>no survivors
Fastest fort I've ever played. Woodcutter didn't even get the chance to pick up his axe.
>>
www.reddit.com/r/DwarfFortress/Top
>>
>>47027907
I had "natural viciousnes" set down from 100% of it's potential to 75% so I got shortchanged on giant lions and giant leopards and could not have had that Fun you had.
>>
masterwork update when

muh warlocks
>>
>>47028111
Psychologists and statisticians are recognizing that religious belief contributes to happiness and your anecdote aligns with that, though, the sponsor in that case seems dubious
>>
>>47028577
"After you turn 40 years old life is nothing but patch patch patch" - the movie 10, was that?
>>
Muh bear story

** Loading Adventurer **
It is the 15th of Granite, 100.
You hack at The Black Bear in the upper body with your Steel short sword!
It is broken!
The Black Bear's heart has been pierced!
The Black Bear's upper spine has been badly cut!
The Steel short sword has lodged firmly in the wound!
The Black Bear charges at You!
The Black Bear bites You in the right foot!
The shot glances away.
The Black Bear collides with You!
You are knocked over!
The Black Bear bites You in the right lower arm!
The shot glances away.
The Black Bear bites You in the lower body!
The shot glances away.
The Black Bear bites You in the upper body!
It is torn!
The Black Bear latches on firmly!
You are no longer stunned.
You stand up. <<== player issued game command
The Black Bear shakes You around by the upper body!
It is torn!
== player command to move away from bear
You break the grip of The Black Bear's mouth on Your upper body.
You maintain possession of the Steel short sword. REMARK This is key
The Black Bear gives in to pain.
The Black Bear falls over.
You hack at The Black Bear in the left rear leg with your Steel short sword!
The left rear leg flies off in a bloody arc!
You hack at The Black Bear in the upper body with your Steel short sword!
The shot glances away.
The Black Bear has bled to death.
It is the 20th of Granite, 100.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.