[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Not sure if this is the right place to ask. Are there any decidedly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: winx-club,-enchantix-163491.jpg (166 KB, 1600x667) Image search: [Google]
winx-club,-enchantix-163491.jpg
166 KB, 1600x667
Not sure if this is the right place to ask. Are there any decidedly girly miniature games out there? In particular stuff involving elves, fairies and pixies, something that avoids violent conflict, and that has plenty of paintable minis and environments
>>
fairy meat
>>
>>47016023
Witch Girls Adventures though it doesn't have minis.
>>
>>47016064
that's a bit too violent, I think, but thanks
>>
>>47016023
Girly miniature games? Not likely.

I could think of some "girly" RPGs (Faery's Tale Deluxe comes to mind with fairies and pixies) and you could use various figures from your local Walmart-equivalent for characters.

>something that avoids violent conflict, and that has plenty of paintable minis and environments
I highly doubt there are miniature games which avoid conflict. Most miniature games are tactical wargames, and the few odd ones that I've browsed still assume combat of some sort.

As long as you aren't assuming something along the lines of Winx or Tinkerbell, then you could probably find some generic fantasy minis that are paintable.
>>
>>47016434
>you could probably find some generic fantasy minis that are paintable
yeah, though on my fairly casual search most of the ones I came across are in aggressive stances, have armor and weapons.

I understand minis are largely wargames, and won't blame anybody for not catering to my odd taste. That's why I came here. You folks know minis and manufacturers so much better. If there's obscure shit that does align with what I seek, you'd know it.

Mind you, some combat is fine, it happens. I'd just kind of like a stronger focus on cooperation and friendliness, like combining "unit" skills to produce something under a time limit?

I don't know, I want to paint pretty fantasy girls and have a good time with them, without gore and negativity.
>>
>>47016543

There's more stylized games like SodaPop miniature's Super Dungeon Explore, but that's more cartoony than "girly."
>>
>>47016668
that looks really cute, and seems to be co-op as well (consul controls the monsters, but that's basically a DM, so it's kind of collaborative), I like that a lot. Thank you
>>
>>47016543
Go here
http://www.reapermini.com/FigureFinder

Now in the gender field, do Female

Then in the race field, do Any

Then in the holding a... field, do something non-weapon. Book, hands, orb, spell effect, wand (i know of a chronoscope mini with a girl holding a guitar though)

then in the ...wearing field, put Any

Peruse the wise range of non-combat female figures. If you want to stick to cheap, type in bones after the field to narrow it down.

Now for game system, that's a hard one. I would think you need an RPG because a miniatures game is a war/battle game, where combat is the only resolution. However with an RPG, you can use minis to represent what's going on where everything is in relation to each other.
>>
>>47016787
Super Dungeon Explore is either co-op or 1 vs everyone else. One player can control the dungeon while everyone else controls the party, like Descent, or everyone can control the party while the dungeon creature actions are pulled from a deck.

It's fairly fun, if a bit silly and "gamey" compared to most others. (Enemies can drop potions upon dying, party gets loot for killing stuff and decides which character gets it immediately, etc.)
>>
>>47016837
>because a miniatures game is a war/battle game, where combat is the only resolution
Like I said in >>47016543 I think being "constructive" with minis is possible as well. Thinking about games like Pandemic or Forbidden Island, while they're clearly not mini games, they do include movement of characters, and individual/specialized abilities, and people working together to reach a positive common goal. Not saying you're wrong, there likely are no such systems. Just saying, I don't think it's necessarily exclusive to war

Also, thanks for the link
>>
>>47016881
nice solution with the deck of actions. I don't mind the gamey aspect at all. It just makes it sound more light-hearted, which meshes very well with what I seek
>>
>>47016881
Is the deck thing from an expansion? There's nothing like that in my box of the core game.
>>
>>47016923
though I got to add, SDE is indeed more cartoony, which is not bad, I'm open to compromise. If anybody knows of minis that just go full on girly though, fairies, glitter and pretty outfits, that would be perfect
>>
>>47016543
DarkSword Miniatures has a shit ton of fairy or faerie or ethereal elfy style minis. Just be aware they don't come cheap as they're display pieces, not gaming figures first. Esp. these: http://www.darkswordminiatures.com/shop/index.php/miniatures/stephanie-law-masterworks.html
>>
>>47016023
Lego Friends/Elves + Brik Wars
Thar ya go.
>>
>>47016942
>Is the deck thing from an expansion?
Maybe? I honestly play a friend's version of the game, and he has one with a deck of cards labeled something like

>Spawn
>Move x1
>Attack x1

>Move x1
>Attack x1
>Special x1

And stuff like that. Then again, the characters don't look like the same as the base game, so perhaps the whole thing is an expansion. It's the one with the centaur character, and Princess Emerald (with a gun).
>>
>>47017115
getting some friends models, actually. Minus the brik wars bit though. It's just not the same
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.