[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
an all-female army
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 30
File: GodEmperorofDune-LetoWorm.jpg (101 KB, 203x644) Image search: [Google]
GodEmperorofDune-LetoWorm.jpg
101 KB, 203x644
This guy had some rather peculiar on why all-female armies are a good idea.

How would you justify an all-female army in your setting?
>>
>>47012170
An immortal despot with no real threats to his power wants an army that is unlikely to ever have any ambition to overthrow him.
>>
File: wm_by_ros_kovac-d83itnc.jpg (601 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
wm_by_ros_kovac-d83itnc.jpg
601 KB, 800x1200
>>47012170
Amazons.
>>
>rather peculiar

Everything after book 2 is very, no rather, peculiar.

>How would you justify an all-female army in your setting?
Boob armor is sexy.
>>
>>47012170
Priestess, vestal virgin stuff. Some kind of elite warriors specialized in magic. Born and raised for that.
>>
>>47012170

The men and women are required to enlist in separate armies to prevent on-duty fraternization.
>>
Ants. All breeds save the drones are female, including the warriors. A species with such sexual dimorphism would merit having females do pretty much everything.
>>
>>47012170
It's an army that belongs to a species where females are physically larger and stronger than males.
>>
>>47012170
All the men died or the race is asexual but has features similar to the women of other races.
>>
>>47012170
Yeah, in Dune's setting pretty much half of the human beings are barely even actually human by our standards anymore; they all know crazy bodily control techniques that turn them into superhumans or are results of centuries-long breeding projects that result in superhumans or are genetically engineered to be superhuman.
>>
>>47012170
The feudal lord summoned all the man of his land for a campaing in a farway land. He lost. The only living adults are females, so to protect themselfs the women took arms, some of those, were heirlooms, others were what ever they could loot from dead corpses or that could be use as a weapon.

Eventualy the women managed to hold themselfs in the old lord castle, all the surviving females become the nations new soldiers.
>>
Leto justifications were pretty straight-forward.

Less testosterone, less aggression. He didn't want so much an army as he wanted a peace-keeping force, and he needed to ensure that any belligerence towards his subjects from his own forces would be kept to a minimum.

An all-female army is superior in that regard than even an army of eunuchs.

There's also the peculiarity of encouraging them to act out their sexual frustrations on each other rather than the populace they were defending, in order to reduce the issue of rapes.
>>
>>47012335
Yes, the point of the series that instead of using computers and electronics to advance, humans instead use extreme eugenics.
>>
>>47012170
A virus or a disease that only killed the male population.
>>
>>47012170
Unless it's like a slave army a military formed of women just doesn't make logical sense, since all it would take is one bad war and regardless of whether you win or lose you're going to get your shit pushed in in a generation. Small scale all female squads and stuff like that is fine, it's just that on the large scale risking an entire future generation is foolish at best. I suppose it really depends on what you'd call an army, if for example it's 40k and an army consists of a measly few million people then sure make an all female guard army, it's gonna hurt a little bit more when they get wiped out than a male army would but on the grand scale of things it doesn't matter. It might even makes sense on such a large scale, gender specific armies to prevent fraternization and preserve morale (it hurts when your buddy dies, but it hurts a hell of a lot more when your wife/gf dies)
>>
>>47012352

>There's also the peculiarity of encouraging them to act out their sexual frustrations on each other rather than the populace they were defending, in order to reduce the issue of rapes.

Reeeeally?
>>
>>47012352
It was also REALLY fucking weird and cringey
>>
>>47012444
Leto had great ideas.
>>
>>47012343
Full mobilization would be like 10% of the male population at most.
>>
>>47012466
>cringey

tumblr pls go
>>
>>47012343
First of all if a feudal lord and all his men die, the king/duke/whoever owns that lord will just send another guy with his own men to take it over. But lets assume the entire kingdom gets crushed so that can't happen, and now the guys they lost the fight against are invading, so the women take up arms.

The problem with that situation is that one of 2 things will happen. The people who wiped out the men will come for their land, crush the untrained and poorly equipped women and take it, or the women some how fend off the invaders at huge losses and at the least convince them it isn't worth it, the next generation is half the size of the previous, and the next army 20 years down the line pushes their shit in since they have half as many bodies as they should to protect the resources they control.That's beside the fact that if the women are playing soldier and most of them die, and all the men are dead who the hell is doing all the field work? The elderly?

What happens realistically is the invading army shows up, move in and start intermingling with the locals, and pretty soon all of the young widows have new husbands and everything is back to what stability there was when you were a serf on a feudal lords land.
>>
>>47012444
>>47012466
No doubt, and the only reason it was "practical" was because he was an absolute power that had no real military opponents. His army was designed around a very specific need, and in many ways was more of an anti-army than anything else.

It works for Leto, but his justifications really only work for his own unique circumstances, since the ordinary drawbacks of female soldiers are essentially eliminated and he only needs to focus on the issue of "what is the easiest task-force army to maintain over the course of thousands of years?"

And, we end up with a fanatically religious, all-female army, which also served as a useful talent pool for his breeding programs.
>>
File: outsider038.jpg (254 KB, 825x1200) Image search: [Google]
outsider038.jpg
254 KB, 825x1200
try this

>>47012352
>the peculiarity of encouraging them to act out their sexual frustrations on each other rather than the populace they were defending, in order to reduce the issue of rapes.
you could do the same thing with male soldiers
take the Spartans and most of ancient Greece for example
>>
>>47012854
Please, no historical revisionism in this thread or on this board.
>>
>>47012170
amazons. They are basically barbarians in my setting and are technically a different race than humans. They average around 6' and are quite strong. they can only breed with human males and often raid villages for males to breed with, some tribes recieve regular tributes in return for protection.
It is a warrior's first test upon turning 13 to take a man as a slave and become impregnated within a month. Social status is determined by either enemies slain or children birthed. They remain with a body of a "milf" until they are almost eighty and they are constantly fertile. It is not unusual for a warrior to have twenty or thirty children.
It is rare, however an amazon might have a male child, only one in a thousand births. These men are small and frail and are infertile, however they almost always have extraordinary magical powers. By the time they are adults (again, thirteen in their tribes) they are equivalent to 5th level wizards.
They are descended from the first amazon, Aelith the demigod, a female child born of a eldritch giant that raped the daughter of the god of war. Two children were born, however, the other being a male child, Morath, even more powerful sister, but ugly and warped. During their first battle, with the blessing and assistance of the elven god Correllen, she defeated him and had the elven god rip out his eye and still holds it as a trophy.
He fathered the orcs of the world and took a new name, the one given to him by his children; Grummish.
Amazons are the mortal enemies of the orcs and will sacrifice their entire force to attempt to destroy them. They are great friends of the elves and are the first to assist them.
They are much less likely to bother a half orc, realizing that the taint of the orcish blood can be lessened.
>>
>>47012962
yeah, didn't mean the stuff about them having homo-man sex to curb civilian rape, because back then rape of your defeated foes was expected
they still did the whole fox hole butt buddy thing
>>
>>47012696
You are also missing that a lot of Fish Speakers are subjects of Leto's breeding program. He warns Duncan that even a single one could kill him, and particularly something to the effect of "crush his skull with her legs". The same guy who in his original life a thousand years prior could kill 17 of the guys the Space Marines are based off before being finally taken down.
>>
>>47012983
The amazon warrior is equivalent to the standard orc stat-wise, but can't take wizard or sorcerer classes, they excel in barbarian, fighter, paladin or ranger. A male amazon starts with 5 levels of wizard or sorcerer.
There are different tribes of amazons, differeing mainly in military tactics. There is a group of barbarians, a group of militaristic, spartan-like warriors (the fighters), a group of religious crusaders fighting against the mechanations of grummish (the paladins) and a group of higly mobile zelots specializing in attrition warfare against the orcs (the rangers). The barbarians make up almost 40% of the race's population. The other factions make up approximately 20% each.
There have been 3 major conflicts between the orcs and amazons where the entire race organizes for war. They manage themselves as a well designed military, each group's tactics working together for support. So far, the amazons have won each conflict, twice handily, the last time barely.
>>
>>47012170
a rich noble wants one. dont ask questions its just his fetish
>>
>>47012170
Some stupid dick bag said my holy order can't have a standing army of "men".
>>
>>47013131
a few thousand*
Something our /pol/ friends here are also missing is that in Dune only women can be Bene Gesserit, except for the Kwisatz Haderach. It doesn't matter whatever inherent disadvantage women have once they learn to control every muscle in their bodies and their whole body chemistry simultaneously. The only men with any hope against a Reverend Mother are Sardaukar.
>>
>>47012170
I don't think there would be any logical justification for an all-women army in my setting. All the cultures are either primarily patriarchal or Egalitarian.
There are certain all-female groups within certain nations and armies, such as...
>A vampire lord who has a personal force women dhampir knights who act as his bodyguard, enforcers, and lovers.
>A dwarven military company comprised entirely of infertile dwarf women, who feel that being unable to birth children means that they have failed society, and so they roam the outskirts of the dwarf lands, trying to purge the enemies of the dwarves so as to contribute to society that way.
>A shadowy group of women from a desert land that have been imbued with magical powers and enhanced physical abilities so as to better serve their mysterious master.

The only justifications for a proper all-female army (meaning a standing force of more than a few thousand) in any setting would be a race with an absolutely massive gender imbalance in favour of the women (possibly even a mono-gendered race), or one in which the women are massively physically superior to the males, yet don't take advantage of that fact by forcing the males to fight for them.
>>
>>47013193

and look at how well thats working for you.
>>
File: SoldierAnt.jpg (190 KB, 1000x667) Image search: [Google]
SoldierAnt.jpg
190 KB, 1000x667
>>47012170
Different sexual dimorphism, or advanced technology that renders biological differences between the sexes mostly or completely irrelevant, equalizers like extremely light weapons or powered armor.
>>
>>47012170
"Because it's my fetish."
>>
>>47012170
Jesus christ, this ruins my entire mental image of what Leto was.

He's a fucking giant penis monster with a doped up looking face. Holy shit.

Fuck you OP. Fuck you for killing my love for one of the best Sci-fi characters.
>>
>>47013619
Wasn't a picture of worm Leto on the cover of the book?
>>
Well, in the novel I'm writing, there is an army of all women.

Basically, the women in this culture are the only ones who are gifted with magic (this is actually a lie, men born with magic are used as what are basically magical suicide bombers) and as a result of this, the nation they are from created a fighting force of battle-mages that is obviously filled with only women.
>>
>>47013644
I read the series back in highschool. It never had that cover actually. I think it must have been a reprint.

But still. What the fuck.
>>
File: 1441932764716.png (995 KB, 590x865) Image search: [Google]
1441932764716.png
995 KB, 590x865
>>47012352
Wouldn't fanaticism drive them to fervor and violence, though?

They're a step away from Sisters of Battle in some sense.
>>
>>47013732
The SoB fetishize BigE, they want him to bang them into submission and turn them into housewives.
Fish girls don't do that with Leto cause he's a gross worm monster
>>
>>47013465

>don't you dare talk to me or my sister ever again!
>>
>>47012170
In my setting women aren't inherently massively physically inferior to men.
>>
>>47012170
The way I did it was have Not!Ancient Greece face down three world ending catastrophes in less than a thousand years. Each time they pulled through, but most of their fighting population was killed off.
Now, since the male population started low and their highly educated populace made for a low birth mortality rate, women outnumber men 10 to 1.
Plus I made it so the Not!Greek women were far less likely to have boys than girls because of natural selection/residual curses.
Now, Not!Greece is a Matriarchy, and is currently ruled by a sort of "Alexandra the Great" character, who is in the middle of conquering Not!Russia with an army of Amazons.
Best part is, the party played the previous campaigns where all the men of Not!Greece died, so they suspect nothing.
>MFW my magical realm was hidden perfectly.
>>
>>47014155
Well, they would if they could. They're still dangerous, and deal with any threats to Leto's reign or heresy with extreme prejudice. They're really quite similar, except for the will of their respective Emperors: SoB believe that the Emperor wants them to burn the heretics, Fish Speakers know that the Emperor doesn't want them brutalizing the populace until he says to. It helps that Let's actually around to keep them on a tight leash.

Plus, don't forget that even then, they're super zealous. They jump at the opportunity to slaughter the Tleilaxu and Face Dancers, and would gladly do the same to the Bene Gesserit, Ixians, and everyone else they see as anything but perfect servants of their God.
>>
>>47013264
Well, or old-style, coming-of-Muad'Dib era Fremen. They carve through even Sardaukar like soft cheese.
>>
>>47012257
why she got two tits?
>>
>>47014747
GO TO HELL
O

T
O

H
E
L
L
>>
I would have a female army that would be genetically altered heavily. Their breasts would contain combat drugs, extra armor, or a special paste that reduces how far the bullet goes into her body, Alter the vagina so that both types of excrement can come out of the front, their armor would have a tube or slot that deposit their shit on the ground so they don't have to worry about going to the bathroom normally so they can continue fighting. Make them genetically stronger than men, and implant military training, tactics and data into their brains.

I have tons more to add, but it is mostly fluff. Have I thought about this a lot? Yes.
>>
>>47014850
Um.... Why do their primary modifications have to do with their reproductive system? Why not revamp their skeletal or muscular systems?
Hell, why not just replace their skin with a bulletproof material?

Is it because of boners?
>>
>>47012170
Didn't the OTHER God Emporer have an all female army during the early part of the great crusade called geno-something or other?
>>
>>47014722
That or whatever the fuck Miles Teg was.
>>
>>47012170
So like, does the army not fight for 3-5 days each month?
>>
>>47012170
Cause we REALLY want to kill off our breeding population
>>
>>47015372
Given anything but pre modern style armies, armed forces often make up a small fraction of the total population, even considering things like drafts and the like.

If the entire US army was female and every single one of them died tomorrow, it wouldn't even make a dent in the population, for example.
>>
>>47012170
It's been a while since I read God Emporer of Dune.

Wasn't the reason for having all-female armies (were they called Fish Speakers or something?) because they showed more restraint and were way less likely to rape after conquest?
>>
Here's the secret behind the Fish-Speakers.

Leto II did it become he was butthurt. Butthurt for two reasons.

1. A small force of Sardaukar led by a Duncan Idaho Ghola nearly killed him with an Ixian stoneburner, and

2. The Fedaykin death commandos defending him were completely humiliated by this smaller force of Sardaukar.

Yes, that's right. In exile, the Sarduakar became incredibly hardcore, while the Fremen became soft and weak.

>Sent on a mission to observe the remnants of House Corrino on Salusa Secundus in 11100, Duncan fell under the spell of Ancas Aramsham, the great-great-granddaughter of Captain Aramsham, and a Bene Gesserit of secret rank and a Bene Gesserit of secret rank in the tradition of Margot Lady Fenring. One of the leaders of a militant group of Sardukar, the "Final Force," originally sounded by her fanatical ancestor, and Ancas easily seduced Duncan and convinced him that he could serve the true Atreides' tradition only by accomplishing the death of Leto II. with the resources of Duncan's ever-superb military mind and the suport of the Bene Gesserit, and the "Final Force" nearly breached Leto's iner sanctum with every intention of assasinating him with a stone burner supplied by the willing Ixians. Fortunately, many Fremen still qualified as Fedaykin. They killed most of the Sarduakar, but without their legendary success of the days of Paul Muad'Dib. In fact, even thought the Fedaykin outnumbered the Sarduakar, it was necessary for Leto himself to kill Duncan and the five remaining members of the "Final Force".
>>
>>47012170
Only the elves do it. They are built differently than humans.
>>
>>47015466
See >>47012352
>>
>>47015074
No, it is not because of boners. Here is the reasons why

1.I don't want them to be modified too much or they will stop thinking they are human and be more reluctant to protect earth and humans.

2.Plus I want them to cloned at a large scale(400,000), having every soldier with a ridiculous amount of modification would cost way too much money and would hurt public opinion about the program.

3.I am not against modification that makes them stronger and agile. The modifications need to be done so that they look like semi-muscular women.

Finally, after a certain age the cloned soldiers will have the option to retire and live a life just like other humans.. she may also have the option to have reproductive organs that actually work.(albeit if she had a kid it would be like a normal human though)
>>
File: image.jpg (153 KB, 450x511) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
153 KB, 450x511
>>47014653
>That filename.

Someone used my pic and filename! This pleases me!
>>
>>47012170
I read a fantasy series once where a nation had an all-female army because, in the near-past, a race of ethereal succubus-like elves were the dominant species, and they had the preternatural ability to control. So the women, who were immune, rose up and wiped the succubus-elves out, and then they established a ruling all-female warrior and bureaucracy caste with men as housewives and textile workers.

I thought it was pretty neat, because not only did the all-female warrior shit have a (semi-)reasonable origin, but it also showed them struggling to match the military prowess of their all-male warrior neighbors.

So to answer your question:
Magic.
>>
>>47015524

The Bene Gesserit must have gotten fucked so hard they were coughing up their own ovaries after that, because by the time of God Emperor their relationship with Leto II was "Figure out what he wants us to do and do it as quickly as possible".
>>
>>47015627
Eh, i don't even see the need to modify humans at all.
We work fine. Just build better warmachines around us.
>>
>>47015730

Well, he still keeps the Ixians and Tleilaxu around, despite everything.

I'm sure denying them some spice for a few years was punishment enough.
>>
>>47015775

He needs someone to be able to make the ships for the scattering, and the artificial spice when he dies.
>>
>>47015633
>>47014653
What's with the smug look on these fucks' faces?
>>
>>47015400
>If the entire US army was female and every single one of them died tomorrow, it wouldn't even make a dent in the population
But would losing. That many women put a dent in the birth rate?
>>
>>47013264
>The only men with any hope against a Reverend Mother are Sardaukar.

I don't think so. Reverend Mothers are physically superior to any normal human of their time, having complete muscle control, efficient minds, generations of experience, prescience and Voice at their disposal. They have enough physical control to manipulate fertilization and arrest aging if they wanted. The only creature able to kill a Reverend Mother in melee combat was an Honored Matres and that was because Honored trained their bodies to bypass the brain for literal combat reflexes.
>>
>>47015524
where is this from? One of the borderline fan-fiction books Herbert's son wrote?
Because given that this is pre-No Spheres, Leto would have known the attack was coming through prescience and never really been in danger
>>
>>47017022
Eh, I don't know about all that. I recall in Heretics or Chapterhouse a handful of Bene Gesserit get surprised and get cut down by a Hunter Seeker with little problems. Granted they weren't Reverend Mothers but still

Also I'm pretty sure even Reverend Mothers don't have prescience outside of extremely limited cases (spice trance, etc.) and they definitely can't arrest aging since Gaius Helen Mohiam makes a point of explaining that experience will replace a Bene Gesserit's looks later in life.

Really all the books say they have is excellent muscle control, access to ancestral memories, and Voice. They'd probably do well in an unarmed fight but against well-equipped Sardaukar with shields? They might get some hits in while the Sardaukar are surprised but that's about it.
>>
>>47012257
real amazons were just a matriarchal society where women called the shots politically. They had mostly men in their armies.
>>
>>47012170

The reason that they have an all-female army is because they're a single gender race and even then they suck as conventional soldiers and won the war by charming bigger beefer nations with men to deal the decisive blow while they helped by shooting magic projectiles.
>>
>>47017185

>Real
>Amazons

Lol.
>>
We had something similar in our last campaign, albeit on the smaller scale of a company.

>Women only permitted into battle as a shield-maiden fighting at their husband's side
>Inevitably, either the husband or his maiden would die
>If the husband dies first, SHE MAD
>This goes on for a while
>Lordship comes up with the idea of putting all these angry widows in one bigass group
>Army now has an all female company of berserkers screeching like banshees as the scariest shock-troop unit possible
>>
>>47017214
>The Amazons have become associated with many historical people throughout the Roman Empire period and Late Antiquity. In Roman historiography, there are various accounts of Amazon raids in Anatolia. From the early modern period, their name has become a term for female warriors in general.
>>
>>47014812

>>being such a newfag as to not know the actual mythology of amazons.
>>
>>47017251

I don't know what bullshit you're spewing, but amazons as a historical people never existed.
>>
>>47014747
greekfags pls go
>>
>>47016991
>But would losing. That many women put a dent in the birth rate?
The projected size of the US Army is 1,301,300 (for 2016), total population of the US is 318,900,000 (2014 number). It would be a small dent, but not a crisis by any stretch.
>>
>>47012170
>Women don't get pregnant so easily, it usually takes month
>Pregnency only lasts a few months.
>Male to female birth ratio is about 90:10

There.
>>
>>47012170
Some genetic mutation has a extremely altered male/female ratio that /heavily/ favors the female side. Men end up protected and preserved for the continuance of the species, women take up roles vacated by the drastically reduced male population.
>>
>>47017350
Think you switched those numbers around
>>
>>47012245
cheater
>>
>>47012170
Maybe a cult like personal army of fanatics used as terror troops within an urbanised population.

The existing forces would be a bit hesitant to use maximum force, but it would also be a huge psychological blow.

>>47014722
Hmmmm nah.

Sardaukar use shields, so they can negate a bit of the Bene Gesserit training.
Fremen don't, they just rely on speed.
Bene Gesserit do speed better than anyone else.
>>
>>47012170
It's army of ant-people. Males are semen bags for queen, fightin' tournaments and shit. Females are either queens or the rest of the hive (including soldier ants.).
>>
>>47012170
Lions. The women do the hunting for the males, evolves into organized armies.
>>
What did you guys think life after WWI and WWII was like? An unlimited fuck fest where one man impregnated his own wife plus the widows of all of his platoon-mates?

The "without women at home making babies the country dies" meme is something Hitler made up to justify selective breeding. In reality no more than 10% of the population has ever been engaged in a war, and the 90% at home repopulated.
>>
>>47013264
>>47013131
> except for the Kwisatz Haderach
Later in the books, before the son took over and it all went to shit, but after the dad started floundering and running out of ideas, it went from "THE" Kwisatz Haderach, to "A" Kwisatz Haderach, to "YET ANOTHER" Kwisatz Haderach. They started to become quite common, to the point that even a cloned Paul and/or Leto2 needed to be genetically upgraded to keep up with baseline humanity.
>>
>>47017485
Tell that to Russia post World Wars where the female / male ratios was 2:1 and the birthrate dropped vastly because there were no men of marriageable age for a generation and a half.
>>
>>47014155
>>47013732
>>47014690
>It helps that Let's actually around to keep them on a tight leash.
It's strongly hinted at, before Brian Herbert changed everything to "AI's did it," that a post-emperor's-death branch of Fish Speakers who liberated some "female" Tleilaxu became the Honored Matres, who basically are a whole lot like the SOB.
>>
>>47017498
Leto wasn't even the second Kwisatz Haderach, the Tleilaxu managed to clone one, they just couldn't tame it and I think it was implied it became nihilistic and died.

This was in the second or third book, so the idea of more Haderachs was always Frank's idea.
>>
Everyone has cyborg bodies anyway so it really makes no difference.
>>
>>47012352
It always cracked me up that this was his justification yet when the almer matres appeared, they were near unstoppable. Goes to show he was either bullshitting or wrong.
>>
>>47012170
I don't. readers just gonna deal with it.
>>
File: Israeli-soldiers.jpg (264 KB, 1120x762) Image search: [Google]
Israeli-soldiers.jpg
264 KB, 1120x762
>>47012170
Enemy culture considers death by a hand of a woman a disgrace.
>>
>>47017290
yes and he explained the origin of the word you dumb shit.
>>
>city-state has no large scale army, only navy
>only land-based units are skirmishers and scouts
>"men don't know shit about boats, they can't come with us on our pirating trips"

EZ
>>
File: 1444587075474.png (653 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
1444587075474.png
653 KB, 600x800
>>47012170
The Space Mary augmentation turns you into a women with the power of asexual reproduction and genetic memory.
These give birth in litters that age rapidly and a small squad behind enemy lines can quickly turn into a huge nuisance.
>>
>>47015633
>>47014653

How would goblinoids do first contact with black humans?
>>
>>47017866
Depends on the setting
Or more specifically depends on what kind of culture the goblinoids have. If they firmly believe in racial superiority of goblinoidkind then it would probably be "look, humans with funny skins, how quaint". If it's the generic raider-barbarian culture it would be probably go "KILL MURDER RIP TEAR" or some kind of brotherly alliance because both dislike pink-skins
>>
>>47017866
they'd still call them pink skins and hate them because "pink" just means "bare, exposed" to goblins. I run very hairy goblins
>>
>>47017344
The issue with losing women isn't that you lose population directly, but that you lose potential population because the number of women in your society provide the hard cap for fertility rates. When tons of men die, the capacity of your society to replace them in one generation isn't actually effected. When tons of women die, the opposite is true.

However, it is true that at this point in history large nations like the USA, China and even Russia could lose millions of people, male or female, with little loss in overall fighting strength or replenishment.

Countries like Germany, though, would be completely fucked because they've already got a very poor fertility rate, and are essentially going extinct already. The loss of women in a highly developed nation would be disastrous.
>>
File: 1435565920470.jpg (442 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1435565920470.jpg
442 KB, 1280x720
>>47017889
Mulatto half Orc
>>
File: 1461914437478.png (244 KB, 583x325) Image search: [Google]
1461914437478.png
244 KB, 583x325
>>47017999
>>
>>47012466
You mean like a giant worm mutant setting himself up as the God and emperor of humanity? That kind of weird and creepy?
>>
>>47012170
Purely propagandistic "army"
>>
>>47017851
>litters
>humanoids
Doesn't compute
>>
>>47012983
>they can only breed with human males and often raid villages for males to breed with
The magical world is strong
>>
>>47012170
from the top of my head, not same setting:
>vampires who only sire females, very sexist, scantily clad, think they're something like succubi
>only women can use magic because wombs are source of life, order of battle-mages
>>
>>47018165
Worse than acid spitting eunuchs who can gain the memories of what the eat?
>>
>>47018165
Who said anything about humanoids anon?
>>
>>47012170
most males are dead due to the fighting
>>
>>47018256
Yes, we're talking resource management compared to size and number of mother and spawns here, not weird implants.
You can't just shit out half a dozen of healty babies from a human form and not expect them to be all as good as a single baby.

>>47018268
Fucking furries, I swear.
>>
Population control.
>>
>>47017912
>The issue with losing women isn't that you lose population directly, but that you lose potential population because the number of women in your society provide the hard cap for fertility rates. When tons of men die, the capacity of your society to replace them in one generation isn't actually effected. When tons of women die, the opposite is true.

I understand how this works in the hypothetical event of massive loss of male population, but is there any historical example of this actually happening? Like left over dudes banging multiple chicks actually occurring and effectively recovering the population? Until I see an example, I will continue to think this line of reasoning is retarded as humans have never been forced to reproduce at maximum capacity, as far as I'm aware. Maximum capacity being 1 child per woman per year until the woman literally dies in child birth or produces nothing by stillborns.

>Countries like Germany, though, would be completely fucked because they've already got a very poor fertility rate, and are essentially going extinct already. The loss of women in a highly developed nation would be disastrous.

People in more developed countries are not less fertile than those in less developed counties. In fact rich, health people are probably more fertile than starvin' Marvin the Ethiopian. Wealthy people elect to have less children because of the increasing cost of having children that are not future criminals and famine casualties.
>>
In mine, orcs and goblins are the same species, but sexual dimorphism is like anglerfish with goblins as males and orcs as females.
>>
File: 1460271847028.jpg (469 KB, 722x900) Image search: [Google]
1460271847028.jpg
469 KB, 722x900
>Entire army synchronized by auntie flow
>Those 5 days are the most ideal and horrifying time to besiege or invade because of the increased hormonal aggression and moodswings
>"THE FIRST BATALLION HAS BROKEN THROUGH, REWARD THEM WITH CHOCOLATE."
>>
>>47018623
> postWW2Germonay
> All the Men, basically all the Men, died in the war

Know why Germany could recover within a Generation? Surplus amount of Women.
>>
File: actually.png (128 KB, 390x266) Image search: [Google]
actually.png
128 KB, 390x266
>>47012854
>We consider the large ratio of females to males to be a basic adaptation for a warrior species, to allow maximum reproductive capacity...

That's not how evolution works. Fisher's principle dictates that any species with humanlike reproduction is going to approach a 1:1 sex ratio, and I'm pretty sure the elves in that comic have humanlike reproduction. Heck, I'd give fifty-fifty odds just from looking at that page that they're interfertile with humans because, well, they're elves.

In a nutshell, if you have a large ratio of females to males, any mutation/adaptation promoting male births is going to be extra fit and vice versa. "Restriction of access to males" doesn't help in the least, since you're selecting for giving birth to males among whoever gets access.

(Silly extrapolation time: you can throw basic manual eugenics at this problem to actually get the described result, such as by encouraging all females to spam crotchfruit and killing 80% of male children, but if you do that long enough, guess what kind of mutation you invite? One where female-born children turn into males at puberty. Evolution pushes HARD for 1:1 sex ratio where there's humanlike reproduction. You want a stable unbalanced sex ratio, you'll need to do like ants/bees and have a Queen doing all the babymaking or something equally weird.)

and likewise for
>>47014653
>Plus I made it so the Not!Greek women were far less likely to have boys than girls because of natural selection/residual curses.

Yeah you'll have to stick to the curses on that one, because natural selection on its own is going to push you back towards 1:1, and the further away you are, the harder it pushes.

>>47017367
>Some genetic mutation has a extremely altered male/female ratio that /heavily/ favors the female side.

ditto problem, such mutations are self-limiting
(think "sterility is not hereditary")
>>
>>47017552
Alia is also implied to have Kwisatz Haderach level skills despite being female, and Fenring would have been a Kwisatz Haderach if not because of the genetic flaw that also made him an eunuch.

By the last 2 books the Bene Gesserit are so traumatized from the Atreides rule they're hell-bent on preventing ANOTHER Kwisatz Haderach from ever being born
>>
>>47015140
No
The geno cliads took the eggs of girls and force grew them into soldiers
The girls then had a short term psychic link to their 'children' allowing super efficient organisation
>>
>>47020335
>In a nutshell, if you have a large ratio of females to males, any mutation/adaptation promoting male births is going to be extra fit and vice versa. "Restriction of access to males" doesn't help in the least, since you're selecting for giving birth to males among whoever gets access.

This also assumes that...

1) One of the organisms develops the mutation that results in a higher male birthrate.

2) That individual manages to successfully reproduce.

3) That individual's population doesn't go extinct for any other variety of reasons.

Because there's lots of "issues" that can easily be fixed if some individual in a species simply developed "the right mutation". Doesn't mean the species actually ever gets it.
>>
>>47017999
>>47018027
yo nigga dats rasis
>>
>>47020335

You're assuming a population that has achieved genetic stability. It's perfectly possible for a bottleneck to create a population with extremely harmful mutations over a short period of time. 'Short' in this case can be tens of thousands of years depending on the inherent mutability of the genes involved and the severity of the bottleneck. Long enough to create circumstances as described. A fragile Y inherited through a bottleneck could take hundreds of generations to stabilise.

There are many real-world human cases of extremely low fertility in e.g. pacific islands where populations came from very small migrations, although I don't know of any skewed gender ratios in these places.
>>
>>47020586
SHIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTTT
>>
>>47012170

The king/emperor/whatever is a crazy eccentric despot with weird tastes and has a personal army of virgin sexy ladies.

Nobody said the all female army has to be effective or reasonable.
>>
Because it's my setting and I can do whatever I want.

Hell I can even have humanoid mecha. As cool as it is, it's a retarded combat platform.
>>
>>47014653
But wouldn't a culture where mane are small in numbers and therefore valuable be even more patriarchal? Specially if the starting point is ancient greece, the ancient patriarchy par excellence.
>>
>>47017741
>there are various accounts of Amazon raids in Anatolia.
Explain that retardation.
>>
>>47020509
> 1) One of the organisms develops the mutation that results in a higher male birthrate.
There's not a single "the mutation" for that, any more than there's "the mutation" for, say, height.

> 2) That individual manages to successfully reproduce.
> 3) That individual's population doesn't go extinct for any other variety of reasons.
Not a concern, since it's not a matter of a single individual, it's a selection on the distribution across the population.

> Because there's lots of "issues" that can easily be fixed if some individual in a species simply developed "the right mutation". Doesn't mean the species actually ever gets it.
This isn't some kind of X-men special superpower mutation with a billion to one chance of appearing. It's an influence on a trait that already exists and gets nudged in one direction.

Trying to maintain an 8:1 female:male ratio is functionally equivalent to 7/8ths-sterilizing females. (No, passing the men around doesn't fix this as the average man still has more children than the average woman.) You will get more males as a practically inevitable result, just like how sterilizing everyone over 6 feet will get you more midgets.
>>
File: 700_01.jpg (46 KB, 700x600) Image search: [Google]
700_01.jpg
46 KB, 700x600
>>47013184
>a rich noble wants one. dont ask questions its just his fetish
Sounds good to me.
>>
>>47020743
>There's not a single "the mutation" for that, any more than there's "the mutation" for, say, height.

Okay then. So now they have to develop a series of mutations that result in it.

>>Not a concern, since it's not a matter of a single individual, it's a selection on the distribution across the population.

Mutations do start with a single individual. You don't think that a bunch of organisms suddenly develop the same mutations simultaneously, do you?

>>This isn't some kind of X-men special superpower mutation with a billion to one chance of appearing. It's an influence on a trait that already exists and gets nudged in one direction.

That's actually EXACTLY how genetic mutation first arise.

Not every genetic trait born by any particular organism today was necessarily present 100, 1000, 1million, 10 million, 100 million, or 500 million years ago.

And they don't all just spring up simultaneously. At some point, there was a single organism that developed the trait in question when the genetic material that would become their DNA ended up not being a perfect clone of their parents'
>>
File: jellydonut.jpg (138 KB, 578x643) Image search: [Google]
jellydonut.jpg
138 KB, 578x643
>>47019988
As someone who has witneseed field menstruation, it sucks.
>>
>>47020743
>No, passing the men around doesn't fix this as the average man still has more children than the average woman.) You will get more males as a practically inevitable result.

Not if the birth rate for females is higher than that of males.
>>
>>47020830
> Okay then. So now they have to develop a series of mutations that result in it.

The alternative to "unique" isn't necessarily "series". Polygenic traits exist.

>Mutations do start with a single individual. You don't think that a bunch of organisms suddenly develop the same mutations simultaneously, do you?

No, I'm saying that like height, mutations influencing sex ratio already exist.

>>47020852
Not sure which "birth rate" you mean.
Given an 8:1 female:male sex ratio in society, births-per-man is going to be 8:1 of births-per-woman, no matter what you shuffle around.
sex-at-birth is what I'm pointing out will drift back to 1:1 because adaptation does not work that way
>>
A world where woman are born 4-1 to men. The men are used for breeding purposes. Women make up most the army.

In the real world, look at Eastern Europeans. The men are scarce from dying off from war. The women train to protect their families and men.
>>
>>47012170

Redefine "female" as the sex that is better at fighting.
>>
>>47020838
Share your stories, military anon
>>
>>47012290
Because gays aren't a thing. Like I get that heterosexuality is the majority but christ, like there's still gonna be on duty fraternization.
>>
>>47019988
>Getting women to do anything with period cramps
Your entire military is crippled for 3 days with only about 30% able to do anything beyond sitting.
>>
>>47020920
>will drift back to 1:1

And before it does, bam, gender inbalance. There's no reason to assume for the sake of the thought experiment that the population is at genetic equilibrium. Genetic drift can take an extremely long time in species with slow generational turnover, like humans. It's a very contrived set of cirumstances, but it is possible.
>>
>>47020018
>> All the Men, basically all the Men, died in the war

No, they did not. Only about 4% of the German civilian population died from bombing, Nazi activity, and war time relocation. Not even half of the German army died.

"During World War II, a total of about 18 million soldiers served in the German Army, of whom about 10 million became casualties." Of which about half were wounded in action (2,230,324 KIA/ 2,870,404 MIA /5,240,000 WIA.) Values are from http://www.feldgrau.com/stats.html.
>>
>>47020825
Killing him was a mistake.
>>
>>47021086
Negligible. You can't reach 100% efficiency, we're talking about dealing with humans.

And you can't make a 3rd gay army, it wouldn't work.
>>
>>47012170
Women actually love their men enough to consider them worth protecting and dying for. I know, crazy idea.
>>
>>47021057
Not much to tell, menstruating women just get even more moody and stressed out than usual, everything you ask them to do becomes just that much more difficult because they're feeling like shit, especially physically straining shit, and we do a lot of that because we're playing war here.

I can't blame them, I mean, imagine being out in nature, it's kinda chilly, and it's been raining for at least three days, you have to live out of bag, you're low on sleep, have to do physically straining stuff all day, and now your cunt is bleeding and your stomach may or may not hurt.
>>
>>47012170
They're stronger and more combat-capable than males.
>>
>>47021086
Male soldiers banging each other has been a part of military life for thousands of years. It strengthens bonds and relieves stress.
>>
>>47021119
I FEEL THE WOMB OVERTAKING ME.
It is a good pain.
>>
>>47021086
Screwing women makes you weak. Real men fuck each other.
>>
>>47022205
What if a woman gives another woman her love and affection?
>>
>>47022587
That's called forbidden love and it is forbidden
>>
>>47021669
It actually promotes disorder and misconduct, leads to infighting and rampant disease, and the myth of "they'll try to save each other more if they want to fuck each other" is not even a concern, because the key to military victory is not how many of your own men survive, but how many of your opponents you kill.

There's a reason why the overwhelming majority of militaries throughout the world, throughout history, have prohibited homosexual relations between their soldiers. Even the Spartans kept it limited to pederasty between adults and trainees, and actively discouraged relations between adult soldiers.
>>
>>47017350
So Salarians?
>>
File: 1457358423341.png (632 KB, 900x1045) Image search: [Google]
1457358423341.png
632 KB, 900x1045
>>47022865
>implying science won't make forbidden love bidden.
>>
>>47017088
Not necessarily. A single guild navigator was enough to conceal the conspiracy against Paul from his prescient vision, Duncan could have got one from the Spacing Guild
>>
>>47012170
For beast races? Insects, nothing wrong with that.
For the more human races? Magic. Chicks could be more in-tune to magic, and thus make very reliable spell-warriors. Alternatively, witches could be the only living beings in a necromantic army, raising the dead and spawning horrible beasts of flesh and bone.

>>47013193
Not going to lie, I thought that caveat was hilarious and certainly a great addition to the lore.
>>
>>47012170
I imagine some spice probably helped.

Also he probably just wanted some warrior bitches to serve his worm-cock.
>>
File: 1442699414038.jpg (42 KB, 403x533) Image search: [Google]
1442699414038.jpg
42 KB, 403x533
If your enemy believes it is a bad thing to kill women or if your enemy sees it as a disgrace to be killed by a female.
>>
>>47017088

Dune encyclopedia.

Besides, he seems really blase about his own safety. All he ever wanted to do was die near water.
>>
>>47021133

It doesn't even necessarily drift back if we are talking about a species that violates Fisher's law.

In the case of Outsider, the space elves are an artificial species and the only one in their family to have a 1-9 ratio. They wouldn't necessarily even have the alleles to select for more males since the only way they could get those is by a series of chance mutations.
>>
If you're talking about more or less normal humans, one "reasonable" explanation would be as a display of wealth, power, and/or prosperity. Another would be to essentially destroy a sub population of a country or empire by drafting all their women, essentially committing genocide (or at the very least, destroying the culture) via political bullshit.

IRL, all female armies didn't really exist, but all female units existed, primarily on the side of a conflict which had far fewer people to begin with, or after already having lost many men. This concept certainly would extend to most fictional settings.

If you allow for non-human humanoids (or "humans" of explicitly not-human physiology), then you could do basically whatever you want. Maybe this particular human-like species has backwards sexual dimorphism from humans in regards to stature and physical development, or different sexes altogether.

Depending on the group you could even lampshade the notion of "magical realm". Perhaps a powerful wizard has a standing army of 8 foot tall voluptuous women-like automatons, the man himself being regarded as a perverted madman by most other characters.
>>
File: kobane.jpg (67 KB, 598x336) Image search: [Google]
kobane.jpg
67 KB, 598x336
>>47012170
This actually became a thing in Northern Syra recently, research the YPJ if you're interested in a real-life example. If the culture expects every adult to fight, and the enemies take sex slaves, you'll want to send your men and women on different missions.

Note also that in the YPG/YPJ, married soldiers get way more leave and safer assignments, so there are ways to make sure having women fight isn't that much of a drain on your birthrate.
>>
>>47013303
Hey, human males are at least significantly physically superior to females but didn't historically force them to fight for us.
>>
>>47017518
To be fair, the Soviets are kinda famous for throwing men into the meat grinder so that their gore jams the enemy guns and they can overrun. Moreso than other nations at the time. They loved swarm tactics.

Or, well, the ones not having to do the swarming did.
>>
>>47023640
The twist in Dune Messiah was that the navigator and the smoke screens thrown up by tarot didn't work. Just a friendly reminder. :)
>>
>>47017741

How fucking retarded are you?
>>
File: kurd female soldier stare.jpg (215 KB, 1280x932) Image search: [Google]
kurd female soldier stare.jpg
215 KB, 1280x932
>>47025391
>the culture expects every adult to fight
well, no, in most... every part of the world since forever, the expectation is every adult MALE fights
it's usually when one gets desperate that women are allowed to actively participate
>>
>>47020530
I'm gonna need sauce on that
>>
>>47014747
half of their warriors are women and the men shave their beards -> their warriors are all women, but only half of them have breasts -> their warriors are women who only have one breast. They cut off the other one because, uh, it gets in the way of pulling back a bowstring! Yeah, that works.
>>
Human seahorses.
>>
>>47024716
>They wouldn't necessarily even have the alleles to select for more males since the only way they could get those is by a series of chance mutations.

Wait, you were arguing this whole thing from the idea that the species naturally carries the gene to produce more males?

Why would you even argue that?

It's like saying that they can't have purple eyes because if one of them had brown eyes, it'd be the dominant gene.

Well duh. So clearly they don't carry genes for brown eyes.
>>
Tradition.

I remember putting a setting together that had a big church system that had requested its many vassal states send children to train as guards after a direct battle with the church system from enemy hordes had reduced their numbers. A major vassal state decided to send a bunch of young girls, many emaciated and from poor homes. Many other vassal states heard about this, and deciding to give a big show of solidarity over how the church system had been treating, sent them their own young girls.

The church, out of anger, trained up every little girl as a paladin of holy light with 'holy tinctures' and blessings to make them stronger than the average man. After ten years of training and arming them, they sent those girls, now paladins more than strong enough to defeat a knight in single combat thanks to all the magical steroids pumped into them, to decapitate the main government that had started this show of disrespect. Afterwards there was always a small standing order of female paladins to remind every vassal state that if you want to piss off the church you'd better do so carefully.
>>
>>47020530
I also require a source.
For purely research purposes you understand
>>
>>47020743
It's plausible that a mutation that effects meiosis could affect gender ratios.
>>
>>47012170
Its the Imperial guard. Everyone serves, but if you have men and women serving together then hearts and even babies might start getting involved, and we cant have that. The Guard has male regiments, it has female regiments. It also has mixed regiments, but the people putting those together are bloody fools!
>>
File: Paraguayan.png (120 KB, 800x4688) Image search: [Google]
Paraguayan.png
120 KB, 800x4688
Ahem.
>>47018623
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paraguayan_War
Loss over half its population and 90% of its entire male population. It took several decades to recover.

>>47025391
First off, they do not have an all female army. They have female defense units/brigades, and they predominately hold and defend positions that have been taken or lack manpower to defend.
>>
File: god.png (145 KB, 342x336) Image search: [Google]
god.png
145 KB, 342x336
nice thread you guys have going

so I read the books and all, but a lot of you are referencing "super soldiers because of the breeding program", and now I'm thinking about it and that doesn't make much sense.

The breeding program as I understand it is still very slow. Subjects have to reach a maturation age of at leas their 20's for a new generation to be birthed. Considering how little the human race has "evolved" in the last few hundred years I'm rather skeptical as to how far these programs could go in the short term. There'd have to be hundreds of generations, which would have to stretch thousands of years. And this is assuming mutations that are desirable are even going to happen on a convenient timeline, which they probably won't.

So I know this sounds hardcore and all grimdarkey, but what the fuck is the deal with this program? It'd have to be several thousand years before anything discernible came about. Am I missing any kind of technologies that might accelerate the timeline?
>>
>>47035375
>It'd have to be several thousand years before anything discernible came about

This is literally the cornerstone of the plot.

>so I read the books and all

You clearly didn't
>>
>>47035469
I read every single one you idiot child please die

I'm just saying, it seems like a very stupid way to go about breeding. Even with "millennia~" tier timespans it seems pretty unrealistic given the kinds of things the later Atreides were doing. And how about the fact Fish Speakers are to my understanding not even using the same genetics as a basis? I don't remember the gap between books being nearly as long as would seem plausible
>>
>>47021669
Ok how'd that be different from m&f soldiers banging each other?
>>
>>47020825
>those uniforms
truly, Ghadaffi was a man of taste
>>
>>47013264
It always irked me a bit in Dune that all the women-dominated organizations were portrayed as, while not good, competent and sort of... impressive. The Bene Gesserit are imposing and respectable in a way. Meanwhile their primary male-dominated organization, the Bene Tleilaxu, are shown as complete monsters, ugly, small, weak, pitiful. Their generic programs, their technology, and their efforts all completely foul things with no redeeming qualities. You look at them and they're the complete opposite of imposing and respectable.
>>
>>47036441
>their primary male-dominated organization
Missed a 'counterpart' at the end.
>>
>>47017167
I'm hazy on it since it's been years, but fairly sure that the Bene Gesserit do not arrest aging despite being capable because it's outlawed by the organization. To the point where they'll execute you for it.
>>
>>47036441
>completely foul things with no redeeming qualities
>Hating on chairdogs
Nigga, you wut?
>>
>>47036582
>A dog twisted into the horrible shape of a chair.
>A massaging chair at that.
>Anything at all but foul.
>>
>>47036648
>Not wanting a massaging chair that's also man's best friend
>>
>>47036683
>Wanting your best friend to live life tortuously as a chair.
>No running and jumping and playing like all dogs strive for.
>>
>>47036130
>How does make babby?
>>
>>47036849
Have a wizard cast mass contraception spell on it.
>>
Primarily ranged and cavalry/vehicle military, men are more useful as laborers and farmers.
>>
>>47012170
In Reign: it is popularly believed that riding a horse causes male infertility. Your balls just get crushed over and over and over.
Ergo: all-female cavalry armies.
Male adventurers don't ride horseback, unless they want peasants chuckling at them behind their backs. "Lord Anon, his scrote works wrong"
There is actually a perk "Legitimate heirs", that you have to buy to prove you aren't infertile from riding a horse. It gives you an offspring.
>>
File: 1440481814098.jpg (281 KB, 860x825) Image search: [Google]
1440481814098.jpg
281 KB, 860x825
>>47012352
>Less testosterone, less aggression. He didn't want so much an army as he wanted a peace-keeping force, and he needed to ensure that any belligerence towards his subjects from his own forces would be kept to a minimum.
>An all-female army is superior in that regard than even an army of eunuchs.
Hence why Female Space Marines are a good idea!
>Can use their extended lifespan to guide and teach humanity, instead of being warmachines that can only war

>>47017851
>The Space Mary augmentation turns you into a women with the power of asexual reproduction and genetic memory.
>These give birth in litters that age rapidly and a small squad behind enemy lines can quickly turn into a huge nuisance.
Yes... YES!!!

>>47018352
>Yes, we're talking resource management compared to size and number of mother and spawns here, not weird implants.
>You can't just shit out half a dozen of healty babies from a human form and not expect them to be all as good as a single baby.
What if the matriarch pupates into a non-bipedal birthing form?
>>
>>47012170
A genetic defect prevents a population from producing viable male offspring. They have to marry (or abduct) foreign males.
>>
>>47020530
got any sauce for that delicious chocolate?
>>
>>47038082
>try GIS
>the heart censor throws google off and it gives me a ton of anatomy diagrams
fugg
>>
>>47021086
Well yes bit you can just burn faggots at the stake, cantya?
>>
>>47037451

Female space marines are a terrible idea for a number of reasons. Space marines are not intended to keep peace or police, they are weapons made to march into hell and fight demon aliens forever. As such, they want the absolute best. Not just men, but the biggest, strongest, toughest men, just to START with, most of whom don't even survive the process.

Including women in this process would be using huge amounts of resources to get subpar super soldiers. And what would be the point of that.

Besides, there already is an all female force of (more or less) peace keepers, the SoB. If you really wanted to, there's no reason there couldn't be all female guardsmen units either.
>>
>>47038554

Doesn't work that way. Space Marine implants can make equal supersoldiers from the irradiated little shits of Baal and super-tough Fenrisians.

The decision to make marines male only is because GW decided so, there wasn't any reasoning like that behind it.
>>
>>47020635

Bottlenecked human populations do not have skewed sex ratios. Damaged Y-chromosome produces abnormal boys, not less boys. You'll need a nonhuman or heavily genetically modified human population to create naturally skewed sex ratios because naturally humans or mammals in general do not select for that.
>>
>>47020738
Scythian women are scary.

People bullshit.
>>
>>47012170
All the male soldiers have already been killed.
>>
>>47012170
This meme.
>>
>>47038660
>Damaged Y-chromosome produces abnormal boys, not less boys.
"80% males are born with disabilities" isnt' a far step from "less males"
>>
>>47038832
Well yeah but no society capable of having professional fighters would get to that point. The tards would be 1st-gen genetic dead ends, to have an effect on total population size the human group would have to be ridiculously small (since that kind of Y-chromosomal mutation can't realistically appear in many males simultaneously).
>>
>>47038636

Except it totally does work that way, space marines are not equal and better starting material results in superior soldiers and a higher survival rate
>>
>>47039360
Citation needed
>>
>>47039360

No it doesn't. Nowhere it's suggested that Blood Angels are inferior to other marines though they recruit irradiated wretches as their primary stock.
>>
>>47039376

I'm on mobile, if this thread is still here later I'll have links
>>
>>47038676
"Women"
While there are some accounts of scythian barbarians allowing women to accompany them on raids, it probably that the "women" thing was actually a deprecating term due to the long hair and supposedly feminine features of the scythian men.

TL;DR: Amazons were actually just traps.
>>
As a loophole when the law is you can have no standing army of Men.
>>
>>47038491
Why would you waste a big ol' stake?
Just throw him in with the rest of the faggots.
>>
>>47028276
>>47034488
>>47038082
>>47038434
There you go champs.

http://g.e-hentai.org/tag/artist:hidari-kiki
>>
>>47036369
You have to at least give him credit, he didn't put them in comedically-revealing outfits.

That apparently didn't stop the rape issues, though.
>>
>>47039940
thank you good sir, proof once again /tg/ is best board.
>>
>>47039435
>TL;DR: Amazons were actually just traps.

Would fit with the scythian acceptance of transgender people.
>>
>>47043031
Now you're just being silly.
>>
>>47036441
I hated how herbert sold out the Tleilaxu. They were being set up as the ultimate badass sues around in the second book, and then heretics comes around again and they're a fucking degenerate race of small fat asians who can't even put up a pretense to fighting against a bunch of old hags

hell, even in god emperor they were basically just pushover plot devices. They're the redshirts of the dune universe ffs
>>
>>47012170
From what I've heard, Dahomey Amazons were a thing. On the other hand, I don't think they consisted the whole army.
>>
>>47043031
>Transgender

Why do you people have to fag everything up. Just because I want to shave my legs, wear a skirt and suck dicks doesn't mean I'm some kind of made up magical wrong-soul bullshit.

I will never understand how an ostensibly rational person can simultaneously spout, "Gender is a social construct" and "People can be born the opposite gender". Fuck off, fag, and let me jerk it to effeminate men in peace.
>>
File: 1376054693171.png (150 KB, 510x888) Image search: [Google]
1376054693171.png
150 KB, 510x888
>>47012170

maybe all the males finally got tired of being sent in as cannon fodder all the time while the females sat at home. That's why I totally support more women in the military. If feminists think being a man is so great, why don't they fucking try it for once.
>>
We're not playing a game with any concrete sense of realism.
>>
>>47035298
>calling it paraguayan war when War of the Triple Alliance is clearly more badass

Fucking anglos.
>>
>>47039940
Much thanks.
>>
>>47044554
>>wrong soul
man wut
this shit isn't otherkin you faggot. It's just dysphoria, a physiological condition when encountering body plan information that your brain isn't wired to accept as natural. Like a bug bite, or missing limb.

Treatment options are therapy and trasition. usually both. It's not made up or relying on something assenine like a soul

and its gender is a social construct, sex can and totally has been able to be fucked up for eons.
>>
>>47012170
Eclipse Phase did it best.

"We tried making the supersoldiers male but they just kept raping each other, and look at these sales figures!"
>>
>>47012170
An unequal peace treaty imposed a limit on my country's armies. It said they may not exceed "1000 men".

But they didn't say anything about women.
>>
The decisive fate of nations is decided by their ability to lose battles better than the other side
>>
>>47015524
Were the Sardaukar just left in the desert after Dune or something? I'd have figured they'd have been killed or left with the retreat
>>
>>47035298
Paraguay, or whoever was in charge of it at the time really, sounds insane. How is it today? Better?
>>
>>47048079
Well nothings burning or at war with Paraguay. So presumably, Yes.
>>
>>47026369
There was also the issue that most of the Red Army was destroyed at the beginning of Barbarossa, and the Soviets had to pretty rebuild it from scratch, plus Hitler wanting and trying to literally starve Soviet urban population for living space.
>>
>>47048221
Yeah but it is one of the nations I can't think of hearing much news about down there. Maybe it is a closed off hermit state too! But probably isn't.
>>
In my 1920s sci fi setting, one nation has a broadly matriarchal culture. In recent decades, they've integrated the army at the squad level, but before then the army was separated into men and women by regiment and/or division. When airships became important and needed a dedicated Marine-like infantry force, the Queen decided to use all-female divisions to form the Aerotroopers. Since then, they've steadfastly refused to integrate, unlike the army.
>>
File: Nat 1 lore check.png (78 KB, 800x335) Image search: [Google]
Nat 1 lore check.png
78 KB, 800x335
>>47020335
>That's not how evolution works
You are correct, the Lorelai are openly stated to use genetic engineering, and are implied to have been designed by a precursor race.
>http://well-of-souls.com/outsider/forum_loroi.html

>by encouraging all females to spam crotchfruit and killing 80% of male children, but if you do that long enough, guess what kind of mutation you invite? One where female-born children turn into males at puberty
That... that's not how that works. At all.
If the male children are being killed at random, there would be no selection pressure, because there would be nothing different about the ones who pass on their genes compared to the ones who do not.
Cutting the tails off of newborn mice does not produce genetically tail-less mice. That would require consistently encouraging reproduction of mice with smaller tails and preventing reproduction of mice with larger tails over the course of several generations.
>>
>>47035375
I read that in JC Denton's voice
>>
>>47012170
Was anybody else seduced by the memes when they read this book or its series? I don't know what I was expecting when I read it but it sure as fuck wasn't eugenics, survivalism, ecology and philosophy.

Shit, they didn't even say "The spice must flow!" once!
>>
>>47044554
I think the idea behind that is Gender is made up while there's two sexes. Sex is just your bits, while there shouldn't be as much as a dichotomy behind Men and Women.
>>
>>47052125
>Shit, they didn't even say "The spice must flow!" once!
Maybe that was from the more well-known movie?

I've only read the books, so I don't know for sure.
>>
>>47039940
danke
>>
>>47035375
The effectiveness of a breeding program can be seen in the game Crusader Kings II.
>>
>>47039435
That is totally hot.
>>
File: tacticsogre_class_knight_8_JPG.png (290 KB, 641x566) Image search: [Google]
tacticsogre_class_knight_8_JPG.png
290 KB, 641x566
tfw no qt onna kishi gf
>>
File: kelly 087.jpg (108 KB, 542x537) Image search: [Google]
kelly 087.jpg
108 KB, 542x537
>>47012170
Not all female but the Spartan II's and III's are a pretty good army that has females in their ranks. The concept was picking the genetic cream of the crop independent of sex. So they were outliers in the population. They were far superior to normal people hop em up on hormones, training, then augment them, then put them in giant exo suits amplifying their capabilities even more. It was a pretty good fit.
One of the results was picture related. Fastest thing living thing in the halo universe.
>>
>>47055990
And yet if you lightly tap them on the back they fall over dead.
>>
>>47017022

Weren't honored matres just wild Bene Gesserit?
>>
Spidergirls. Male spiders be too small and weak to fight and travel with females.
>>
>>47046226
I shouldn't be participating in this argument, but you do realize that the human brain writes its own neural pathways, right? It changes all the time. Just learning music can change the way your brain looks on an EEG.

In effect, dysphoria is learned, not inborn. Hell, you could say an anorexic women has dysphoria, but we don't prescribe them surgery, we tell them to love their bodies. Being dissatisfied with your body is normal. Everyone hates something about themselves. But if someone has a mental disconnect with reality, you treat that disconnect, you don't alter reality to suit their fantasy.

To be quite honest, I have no problem with people who want to become the other gender. I just hate it when a HUMAN FUCKING BEING, claims they don't have a choice in the matter. Bitch, you are the most powerful mind ever discovered, you are made of choices. Throwing away your absolute will is the worst crime you can commit.
>>
>>47013193
Sebastian Thor wrote it intentionally because the High Lords wanted to get rid of the Ecclesiarchy's Chamber Militant.
When the loop hole was pointed out, they were furious but before anything could happen the Custodes Yes, The Custodes stepped in and said they support Thor.
When the Custodes say something is a good idea, the High Lords don't argue.
>>
>>47012170
I honestly couldn't.

Unless you change the definition of "female", then they need a male to reproduce. The male of a species is always at least as combat-capable as the female, and enough females in one spot would pick up some dudes so they could fuck, so I'm honestly not seeing it.
>>
>>47025391
It has nothing or little to do with kurdish culture, kurdish culture is as patriarchal as it gets and these women join the militia to avoid this backwards society. Kurdish groups accept women in their ranks for the same reasons the URSS army accepted women too.
>>
File: Paul MAGA.png (3 MB, 1597x2469) Image search: [Google]
Paul MAGA.png
3 MB, 1597x2469
>>47012170
Simple: universal draft, but gendermixed squads are statistically proven to be less combat effective
splitting the whole army into 2, based on gender, is only the logical extreme to this
>>
>>47012170
Setting is grimdark.

%GrimDarkEntity% wants every army to be plagued by bickering and infighting, to have no unity, and to hate each-other almost as much as they hate their enemies.

So, he made all the armies be comprised of hetero women who haven't been sexed in a while.

There, done.
>>
>>47012352
>and he needed to ensure that any belligerence towards his subjects from his own forces would be kept to a minimum.
Well you wouldn't want women then, belligerence towards other subjects is their default state.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 30

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.