[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My first game.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: DND5E.jpg (522 KB, 1400x1832) Image search: [Google]
DND5E.jpg
522 KB, 1400x1832
So today i am DM'ing/Playing my first game of dungeons and dragons. It's 5E and the players (2, a guy and a gal) are complete newbies, so i'm handing them character sheets. I haven't planned an actual story yet, so feel free to give suggestions, but they're both semi-noble and trying to prove their worth.
Any tips? What should i expect?
>>
>>47004581
You'll fuck, just be ready for that and have fun
>>
>>47004581
Download Lost Mine of Phandelver and run that. It's great intro to 5e and RPGs in general, for both players and DMs.

Also you might want to get an extra player or two. D&D is intended for 3-5 players and 1 DM, so only 2 players might make things a bit tough on them. You'll still have fun if you're not shits though.
>>
File: 1446931650578.jpg (161 KB, 500x374) Image search: [Google]
1446931650578.jpg
161 KB, 500x374
I DM a regular 2 PC game(Guy/gal). Also Phandelver is a great start and is how we got into the game. We have been 2 maning for a year now and its still a ton of fun. Just mix in their backgrounds a bit once they grow into their characters and the adventures will feel really inclusive and unique even if you are just splashing their backgrounds on top the good modules. Also encourage History/Arcana/etc checks so they can get accustomed to learning and investigating rather than smashing gobbos. Also with smaller groups you can have NPCs join to fill the gap. Its honestly a lot easier to RP with a smaller party. Good luck sir!
>>
File: 1455836603736.png (280 KB, 442x334) Image search: [Google]
1455836603736.png
280 KB, 442x334
>>47004641
>You'll fuck
>>
>>47004696
>>47004851
How long is mines of phandelver? And which level?
>>
>>47004992
level 1-5

like 5 sessions
>>
>>47005036
Well, i don't have four players, currently, so i don't know if i'll be able to run it as the original... I might modify it, cause its gonna be stressing to play two npc's at once, plus the lose stuff.
Should i modify it to make it more fitting for 2-3 players?
>>
>>47005093
You won't need to change much desu, they might get fucked up on the first couple of encounters, but that's fine. I wouldn't go through and pre-change everything before running tho.
>>
>>47005093
You can always just let them play 2 characters each.
>>
>>47005093
Eh. It should be fine, they'll just need to play a little bit smarter than normal.
>>
>>47005093
You can adjust on the fly. Cut damage down a little and make everyone a little weaker. Even one or two points off over several rolls can mean the difference between treasure or acid-y death.
>>
Be ready to adjudicate on the fly, and be super receptive to what the party is giving you. Try to say yes to things unless there is a very clear reason why they couldn't do such a thing. Don't be afraid to make some encounters easier or harder on the fly if it looks like they are in a rough spot, but be consistent. Screens are your friend. Have fun! DMing is a really rewarding experience
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.