[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Give me awesome game ideas please
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: FB_IMG_1461915390783.jpg (48 KB, 500x348) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1461915390783.jpg
48 KB, 500x348
Give me awesome game ideas please
>>
The king wants a cake.

Make one.
>>
>>46997125
You're playing that MAID game. Your senpai is literally Hitler.
>>
>>46997125
The players are all working as rent-a-cops in Shadowrun (or similar setting where players are usually guns for hire.) They are in a taskforce that was formed to stop a rampaging group of mercenaries who are doing a lot of property damage, leaving behind a huge trail of bodies and generally behaving like typical murderhobo players.

The GM makes a briefing by searching a sufficiently outrageous story about an RPG session and turning it into a police report.
>>
>>46997125

Every adult human being with clinical retardation spontaneously (and simultaneously) manifests superpowers.
>>
>>46997148
>The king wants a cake.
Oh God.
Storytime?
>>
>>46997148
The cake use dragon eggs in the recipe.
>>
>>46997391
The king wants to eat food made from all kinds of exotic beasts and monsters. The players are sent on a quest to faraway lands, deep dungeons and even other planes of existence to hunt down rare creatures.
>>
>>46997390
Sorry, it's late enough that most people probably mistook that for me asking for storytime, but I actually had a situation for which this applied.
It's late as fuck, but if this thread survives, I'll pass it on.
>>
Darkest Dungeon
>>
Fuck, you all seem to have a loose definition of awesome
>>
>>46998047
It isn't just the idea, it is also what you do with it.
>>
>>46998641
Which is true of most things
>>
File: Angry-Mob.jpg (145 KB, 620x488) Image search: [Google]
Angry-Mob.jpg
145 KB, 620x488
>>46997125
Supernatural beings plague human settlements, humans are attack by monsters on the roads, intelligent creatures extort humans and toy with them, etc. Basically everyone and everything pushes humanity around and treats them like shit. The reason they can get away with this is that humanity is so spread out, disorganized, and lack military clout. Human militaries are more like militias/town guards, human castles don't exist though walled towns and the defensible homes of the politically/economically important do exist. Humans focus on defending their towns but also fighting other humans due to political conflict and bandit groups, since a honest life is harder than robbery due to the supernatural. No group tries to gain too much power or they will be targeted by other humans fearful of being invaded and other races who want to keep humans in their place.
Well all this is about to change because a group of angry PC peasants has had it up to here with the supernatural and plan to do something about it. Enter the rise of humanity.
>>
Run a game based on/ in the central bus-station of tel-aviv.

http://99percentinvisible.org/episode/stop-that-bus/

The thing is designed to be maze-like, and was continually expanding, with a result that different areas function like the architectural equivalen of different tectonical layers of different time periods. Forgotten Cinemas in one area, the bustle of modern-day shops in another. It was designed as a city under a roof so you can do some interesting things.
>>
>People have been going missing in the forest lately, usually those in their 20s/30s, and often of various sentient species
>Almost a month later, they return, acting... stranger than usual
>They act normally at first, but they always seem to wander from their homes sooner or later, searching for "adventure" and "loot"
>They always seem to go off in packs of four or more, even if their companions are someone they would normally ignore or even hate
>Their "adventures" leave a trail of death and destruction in their wake, so terrible that war has been declared by the kingdoms of the land, believing these murderous mercanaries were sent by the other kingdom
>Your party must figure out the cause behind this "adventurer's disease" that has plagued the land and put a stop to it
>>
Bump.
>The lovely princess has had her admittedly less-than-stellar father locked in the dungeons on what may or may not be trumped-up charges. Some nobles are admonishing you that she's even worse.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.