[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just a quick question. How are Wizards treated in Warhammer Fantasy.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 1451758566434.gif (4 MB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1451758566434.gif
4 MB, 600x450
Just a quick question. How are Wizards treated in Warhammer Fantasy. I would have dropped this in the general but there didn't seem to be one.
>>
>>46985766
This pic needs context.
>>
>>46985805
It's a scene from Prequel, a comic about a Khajiit in Elder Scrolls Oblivion. I highly recommend it.
>>
>>46985766
An improperly trained wizard can easily fall to the influence of dark powers, and even a fully accredited and licensed college wizard can gradually acquires magical mutations and can have unpleasant effects on the people around them if they bungle a spell. For this reason, wizards are treated with suspicion and revulsion even though their services are greatly in demand. Having a wizard on retainer is a sign of obscene wealth aspired to by all great nobles, but he's unlikely to be the most liked or trusted member of the household.

Unlicensed witches and hedge wizards exist, and often do good service to their community, but officially they're "heretics" and at the mercy of any witch hunter that happens by.

This is mostly only true in human lands and the empire in particular though, because humans are especially susceptible to Chaos corruption. Practitioners of magic among the elves and dwarves hold ranks of high esteem.
>>
>>46986125
Proper Dwarfs are limited to runesmithing. Only Chaos Dwafs have wizards, who are the leaders of their society.

Dwarf physiology and magic are incompatible, so Chaos Dwarf Sorcerors turn to stone over time as they use it.
>>
>>46987135
Blaspehmy. The blessings of Hashut are earned by the strong, and certainly not a malady of the flesh!

Now be a good lad and get me my chisel. I seem to have lost the ability to move my knees again.
>>
>>46986125
>because humans are especially susceptible to Chaos corruption
Why is that so?
>>
>>46985893
I swear, if there was anything to make the update schedule of the All Guardmen Party and MAQ look speedy and reliable, it's Prequel.

Fun read though, just wish there was more of it.
>>
>>46987816

Humans lack the FaMp3 gene which increases tolerance to Chaos magicks.
>>
>>46987816
They were exposed to more of it when the Chaos gates collapsed and blanketed the world in warpstone. Dwarfs live in underground bunkers by preference, the elves were at the height of their development and had the magical savvy to mitigate the damage, halflings were bred by the old ones specifically to be Chaos-resistant.

And most of the other sentient species owe their origins to magic or Chaos mutation. Orcs and goblins are the major anomaly, they seem to be naturally hardy (though the warpstone might have been the cause of all the subspecies they developed), but perhaps it helps that they live by preference in warm climates further away from the polar warp gates.
>>
>>46987969
I enjoy how this makes a bit more sense than whatever explanation I would get would this be wh40k.
>>
>>46987816
The strength of humans is adaptability, which plays right into Chaos.
>>
bumping useless thread
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.