[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Magic: The Gathering Wednesday Flavor General - DOA Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 39
File: image.png (5 MB, 2835x1580) Image search: [Google]
image.png
5 MB, 2835x1580
>You are a planeswalker.
>In the vast Multiverse, only you and some other chucklefucks know of the countless worlds beyond your own.

Welcome to the Magic: the Gathering Flavor General thread!

Helpful links:
>Uncharted Realms Archive
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/columns/uncharted-realms

>Planeswalker's Guides
ARCHIVE http://pastebin.com/Ttgtz6A9

>Set Trailers
http://pastebin.com/ayJntkE0

>Current Status of Planeswalkers:
2014: http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/checking-planeswalkers-2014-06-16
2015: http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/checking-planeswalkers-2015-2015-08-19

>Doug Beyer's Tumblr
http://dougbeyermtg.tumblr.com/

Reminder: Keep bait, shitposting, and arguments to a minimum--try to focus on lore discussion. Ignore chandere posts.

This week's Magic Story is "Games" by Alison Luhrs.

http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-story/games-2016-04-27
>>
>>46941006
it was nice to see the Odric letters.
>>
>>46941006
I liked this story a lot more than some of the other recent ones. Too many stories seem to either be nothing but unconnected world building or focused entirely on the plot, this one was a nice mix between the two. Of course, the banter was top quality and I love how the mad scientist trope is being played here.
>>
Does anyone know how much time has passed in Innistrad when going from the Innistrad block to SOI?
>>
>>46941203
A year
>>
Man, Gisa's a moron.
>>
>>46941644
True. I still like her, though.
>>
>>46941644
in all fairness, she's probably also going crazy like everyone else on innistrad, and she seemed pretty out there to start with

in other news, WotC finally crossed the streams, anyone think non-zendikar planes have a chance?
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/plane-shift-zendikar-2016-04-27
>>
>>46941644
I like how she and her bro are hilariously childish. When she sent him their dead mum, I felt my spine tingle a bit. Innistrad is the best plane because Creative wouldn't let that shit fly anywhere else in the multiverse, aside from Grixis I guess.
>>
Loved this story, Gisa is stupid but funny stupid.

I suspect an alliance in the future between the two siblings in EMN.

8.5/10 would read again.
>>
>>46941678
Planeshift: Innistrad/Ravenloft when?
>>
Jesus fuck Nahiri you must really hate Innistrad if you're making deals with necromancers.

How far off the deep end is Nahiri? She's getting deeper and deeper in bed with the worst kind of folks and I'm having trouble figuring out if we're ever supposed to respect her or trust her after this.
>>
>>46941644
GISA A CUTE
>>
>>46942159
>of the deep end
Are we still debating if Nahiri is justified in her anger? It's been heavily suggested that sorin locked her in the helvault, then did fuck all when the eldrazi escaped for the SECOND time while ugin was in his cocoon then did basically nothing to stop the eldrazi.
>BTW how is there not a NAHIRI'S FUCKING PISSED edit yet?
>>
>>46942159
Liliana has done worse and we're still supposed to feel sympathy towards her.
>>
>>46942317
I would say shes justified

>Ugin and Sorin coerced into making her home plane a jail for multiplanar monsters with the promise that they would come back should they ever break free
>they start breaking free, Nahirir signals for Ugin and Sorin, but they do not show up, and Nahiri has to deal with it herself
>travel to innistrad to find Sorin laid protections that blocked off Nahiris signal, and that he really didn't care that it did so.
>both planeswalkers react poorly to each other, but in the end it looks like Sorin locks up Nahiri in the vault
>Zendikar gets wrecked
>>
>>46942317
While I agree that Sorin's done just about nothing since the Eldrazi woke up, it can be argued that he was spending all of his time hunting down rumors in order to find Tarkir. Ugin made sure that nobody found out where he was from, including his allies, both so that he would be safe from his enemies and so Tarkir would remain a closed environment from the meddling of other planeswalkers. And it is thanks to Sorin that Ugin is awake again, so there is that.
>>
>>46942159
If what this guy>>46942317 Thinks is true, she has been pleasing old demons for favors like Liliana does for funzies.

She is FAR too gone to reason with and should be put down before she draws danger to other planes.
>>
>>46942721
>he was spending all of his time hunting down rumors in order to find Tarkir
While we're talking about that
How does a planeswalker find a plane ? It's not like they can actually get in the blind eternities and look around, is it ?
I know they have to imagine the plane to planeswalk there but how do you imagine a plane you're never been too ?
Also, how do they planeswalk for the first ? Is their body planeswalking randomly ?
>>
>>46942931
I think for imagining a plane you've never been too its like just closing your eyes and walking forward till you bump into it.
>>
>>46942565
Sorry but I'm siding with Sorin
>he saves her ass as she planeswalks for the first time, just as an act of mercy
>mentors her
>helps her do the right thing for the greater good
>countless years later she comes up bitching about how he didn't call her back like a teenage ex-girlfriend
>she starts giving him orders, and attacks him when she refuses even though he's weakened
>he spares her life once again
>some more years later she breaks free and start programming the total annihilation of his own plane, arguably not giving a shit that Sorin was the only one caring about her plane back when dragon daddy was too busy pretending to be dead and elf Hitler, Jace and friends were messing up with Zendikar
>she makes his daughter, his dearest thing go mad and forces him to murder her
Sorin's the one fucking pissed and he's 100% right to be
>>
>>46942931
the first planeswalk is random and may or may nit be influenced by a walker's state of mind on ignition of their spark. for walking to a plane you've never been to I assune one is capable of developing a sense of planar direction, such that walkers can give each other directions and such. we know walkers are capable of following each other via a sort of planar "foot print" that only other walkers can sense, but I doubt bolas has held the hand of every planar agent he's ever worked with, just for one. it's possible that if a walker can't just go to the blind eternities and walk around, they can at least extend some form of perception into it to get some bearings.
>>
>>46943038
They are both stupid idiot babies who didn't bother communicating and the both of them should be locked into a second less destructible Helvault so they can bicker for eternity.
>>
>>46943131
pretty much this, all things considered. nahiri is too short-sighted and sorin too aloof in their whole relationship. (almost like one is RW while the other is WB)
>>
>>46942931
It's not really known. We know that (at least with the Origins 5) the first walk is to a plane is triggered by their spark igniting and to a plane that works out well for the planeswalker. Hell, even oldwalkers like Urza and Liliana got randomly thrown to another plane when their spark ignited. Jace got Ravnica, a place where he could disappear and start anew. Liliana got Innistrad, where she could learn necromancy from the experts. Gideon got Bant, where he was able to become a knight and learn humility after his pride killed the Irregulars. Chandra got delivered right to a monastery of pyromancer on Regatha.

I tend to imagine blind planeswalking like island-hopping without a map. You wind up on a new place that's relatively close (somehow, within the Blind Eternities) to your starting plane unless you're trying to go farther away or you have a good idea of your destination.

As for the Blind Eternities, it's really up in the air as to how things work. The few descriptions I've found seem kinda similar to the Ganzfeld effect; there's a lack of everything you could normally percieve, so your brain tries to fill it in with colors, motion, sound, feelings, etc. Except there are actually things out there.
>>
>>46943131
Sorin acted like a jerk but Nahiri exagerated. Sorin was busy protecting his own plane, just as Nahiri, so she should have been the first one to understand him instead of bitching.
>>
>>46943260
maybe, but ye was protecting his plane from nebulous possible threat while she was sitting on the eldrazi specifically.
>>
>>46943038
>he saves her ass as she planeswalks for the first time, just as an act of mercy
>mentors her
This is true
This is not true, he convinced her to do the right thing for Innistrad and stopped giving a shit about her right after
>countless years later she comes up bitching about how he didn't call her back like a teenage ex-girlfriend
He promised to be there if the eldrazi started getting out, and he was too busy having a hang-over to respond. Imagine leaving an intern in charge of a nuclear reactor and it starts melting down and they call you for help but your too busy snorting coke
>he starts giving him orders, and attacks him when she refuses even though he's weakened
Again, she found him hungover after stopping the hypothetical meltdown after he didn't bother to help. Then she wanted him to come check to make sure she did it right and theeldrazi weren't going to get free again. He refused to take care of the problem like an alcoholic father
He sucker Helvaulted her because she was winning the fight and was about to wreck Avacyn the first time
>>some more years later she breaks free and start programming the total annihilation of his own plane, arguably not giving a shit that Sorin was the only one caring about her plane back when dragon daddy was too busy pretending to be dead and elf Hitler, Jace and friends were messing up with Zendikar
Sorin was the reason why Nissa broke the Eye of Ugin by being a massive prick, and the only reason he needed Nissa was because he deleted the memory of where the Eye was from his memory because he gave that few fucks about Zendikar

Sorin is a raging asshole. Nahiri's being a bitch, true, but Sorin honestly deserves her bitching at him.

>>46943131 has it right.
>>
>>46943304
>He sucker Helvaulted her
This is silver
>>
>>46943260
>Just as Nahiri [was protecting her own plane]
Except she did the exact opposite, she protected everyone else's plane because Sorin convinced her it was "for the good of everyone" when he really only cared about Innistrad. She put her plane in danger with the promise of "We'll come help you put the eldrazi back in if they get out." Ugin was half-dead but Sorin basically installed a caller I.D. that blocked her calls and didn't even offer an "Oops, let me recharge and we can make sure the FUCKING ELDRAZI aren't about to make our lives miserable again."
>>
>>46943038
>mentors her
And, does he deserve a fucking medal for being a decent being?

Greater good for who? considering how much work Sorin and Ugin have done to protect their homeplanes, but Nahiri should just give hers up for Ugin and Sorin's needs seems completely hypocritical.

Because they promised her they would as condition for storing multi-planar threats on her plane.

>she starts giving him orders, and attacks him when she refuses even though he's weakened
They both are in the wrong here, She shouldnt have attacked him, but he basically told her to fuck off, despite the fact he said he would come to Zendikar when needed.

By sealing her away for who knows how long

>some more years later she breaks free and start programming the total annihilation of his own plane, arguably not giving a shit that Sorin was the only one caring about her plane back when dragon daddy was too busy pretending to be dead and elf Hitler, Jace and friends were messing up with Zendikar
>she makes his daughter, his dearest thing go mad and forces him to murder her

In return Zendikar, and its denizens have already been annihilated.
>>
>>46943291
She wasn't protecting anything. The Eye of Ugin had a failsafe, she just triggered that. And I wonder what would she think if she found out that he was trying to do exactly so centuries later if only Nissa didn't screw up.
>>46943304
Don't tell me he couldn't find a way kill her once he staled her. Also, he is a massive prick, granted, but Nissa fucked with him only because he isn't an elf.
>>
File: MTG waifu chart.png (5 MB, 1576x4516) Image search: [Google]
MTG waifu chart.png
5 MB, 1576x4516
>>46941006
Weekly updates promised but NOT DELIVERED

Nahiri made a friend!
>>
>>46943398
>Don't tell me he couldn't find a way kill her once he staled her.
Seeing as how she had more power than him, he was drained, and she manhandled his anti-planeswalker security angel of balance that later single-handedly WIPED A FOURTH OF INNISTRAD'S ANGELS FROM EXISTENCE, I imagine it was not a fight that would be instantly "Sorin wins" if he wins at all.
Plus he can't go in and out of the Helvault just like she can't. He let's her out and she has all that time to go back to full just like he does.
>>
>>46943446
>"Probably a rapist..."
Man, Xenagos was having an off day if that's being questioned
>>
File: daxos.png (125 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
daxos.png
125 KB, 223x311
>>46943446
Elspeth ain't taken anymore. That dude dead.
>>
>>46943594
Zombies can fuck, man
>>
>>46943594
True. However, Daxos can't remember his own life because weird theros zombies. Since he's back, he don't know who Elspeth is anymore.
>>
>>46941678
So Zendikar had entire civilizations wiped out by the imprisonment of the eldrazi.
It's almost as if Nahiri is justifiably angry.
>>
>>46943635
can't wait till elspeth comes back as a weird theros zombie and her eidolon ends up a planeswalker. maybe she'll be less of a punk bitch without all her meat and feels.
>>
>>46943679
Nah, no amount of anger would justify wiping out someone else's world.

Think about that.

She is bringing Eldrazi where they have no means of being dealt with.

She is damning an entire world for another world that was saved from total annihilation.
>>
>>46943680
>implying her eidolon won't be hovering over her shoulder
>implying it won't be her main means of attack now that her spear/sword is gone
>implying Knight Rider won't be the greatest planeswalker gimmick
>>
>>46943635
Why would anyone become a returned knowing they lose their memories.
>man, if I put this mask on I'll be a weird zombie thing.
>>next up: another hour of smooth tunes as sung by Erebos
>WELP.
>>
>>46941006
>GUESS WHO JUST BROKE OUT OF PRISON!
>>
So are we getting Mardu Nahiri for prime waifu?
>>
>>46943718
And she most likely doesn't know Zendikar was saved because as far as she knows: it's not possible to kill the titans.
>>
>>46943802
More like Mardu Sorin. I don''t think Nahirir can handle her Black. She wouldn't need Gisa if she could.
>>
>>46943854
Which makes it even worse that she decided to fuck someone else's plane with the same fate.

Your waifu pleases old demons for mana and is fucking nuts.
>>
>>46943902
I'm not hearing a downside.
>>
>>46943783
well if it's as much like hades as it's meant to be, the realm of erebos is a bleak expanse of depressing sorrow batrolled by vicious monsters and bereft of light, where even the plentiful gold can not bring beauty, so I guess anyone who might get sick of that shit would be willing to forget all of that shit especially, plus the rest of their lives, and go anywhere else at all
>>
>>46943902
Karma is a bitch
>>
File: [holy diver intensifies].jpg (123 KB, 500x712) Image search: [Google]
[holy diver intensifies].jpg
123 KB, 500x712
>>46943909
O-okay.
>>46944028
There's karma and then there's being a SSS grade psycho bitch. Hope she gets drained and carted around as a vampire kor maid for eternity.
>>
>>46944124
>vampire kor maid
hot
>>
>>46943854
After getting out, why doesn't she planeswalk back to Zendikar?
I thought that was her primary concern?
>>
>>46944154
She probably did and saw the Eldrazi chowing down on her homeplane
>>46944124
Sorin and Nahiri will reconcile before hating Ugin
>>
>>46944154
She probably did so.
>>
>>46944154
she very well may have.

Just because the titan were stopped doesn;t mean the rest of Zendikar was suddenly A-ok
>>
>>46943446
why is 'dead' a 0?
>>
>>46944397
It would get okay a lot faster if they had another Worldwaker but she's busy harbringing.
>>46944268
Oh yeah they will, with Nahiri serving tea in her new uniform, Sorin much less pissed/apathetic now that he can wander around with company.

And then they can get to the business of why they were not informed that Eldrazi could die.
>>
>>46944519
That's a pretty bad picture honestly.

The lips for one
>>
>>46944575
Not him but what's wrong with the lips? They're drawn with more detail than animu style usually does but it does a good job making them look full and ready for dick to suck.
>>
>>46944604
Well I don't really like the look in the first place, but because they are more detailed when the rest of the image is animu is offputting
>>
>>46944624
They share about the same level of detail to me. My only complaint is that they seem a bit too dark. Like, they should've used a lighter shade. Other than that it's fine.
I think your just a bit more used to full anime rather than this odd 75% style that I've been seeing lately.
>>
>>46943038
Team Sorin 4ever
Nahiri can die in fire. And all of the wizards creative team
>>
>>46944726
Bring back Garruk / Remove Nissa / Make the main green planeswalker not shit

Fucking Jace of all people has one of the strongest characters now.
>>
>>46944403
see >>46943616
>>
>>46941678
>inb4 only Zendikar and Innistrad get these
And so it came to pass that only the most boring planes got crossover material.
>>
>>46944726
Don't about my fucking waifu like that
[Spoiler]wanna fight?[/spoiler]
>>
>>46945214
U waifu a shit
>>
>>46945174
But none of the ones marked DEAD are zombies? Freyalise didn't even leave a corpse, Venser's corpse got dragged off by Phyrexia and is probably in multiple pieces by now, Elspeth is in the underworld with a gaping stabwound but is not a zombie...
>>
>>46943223
>the first walk is to a plane is triggered by their spark igniting and to a plane that works out well for the planeswalker

Sorin ends up on Serra's realm and that's where he gets the idea for Avacyn?
>>
>>46947495
Wonder if they'll ever bring up the similarities in the story
>>
>>46943792
Gisa, only Wizards 18+ can post on this board, go back to Vampit.
>>
>how do you planeswalk to a plane you never been?
My headcanon is like you're on a ethereal street and there're "windows" that let you see planes, remember Crash Bandicoot 3? Like that.

>but Nahiri is doing stupid shit
Of course she is, she's blinded by revenge, all those years inside the Helvault plotting to destroy Innistrad are now paying off.

>#TeamKillSorin
What did you guys expected from a BLACK character? Of course he's going to act like a pride asshole, could Sorin explain the situation better to Nahiri? Of course he could but is not on his color pie personality.
>>
>>46948151
He's been Orzhov more than Black, "fuck off and fuck you" is more just his character, rather than being a color pie thing.
>>
>>46948151
I like to imagine it like the kingdom Hearts multiverse with different items floating about, like the astral cornucopia from the Theros block.
>>
>>46948469
I mean it can totally be a character thing, white is about law and safety, you don't have to be nice about it. In fact I would go so far as to say that the Azorious are kind of cunty about enforcing the law. Sorin is white in regards to saving the muttiverse and Innistrad from threats and he's constantly met by dumbasses who get in his way, he's more greater good. You're in my way fuck you dead. Thousands saved, one dead. Super white with all that delightful black.
>>
>>46948637
>In fact I would go so far as to say that the Azorious are kind of cunty about enforcing the law.
You don't say?
>>
File: 150875102384.jpg (28 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
150875102384.jpg
28 KB, 480x360
>Next story is the schism between Thalia and Odric
>Odric is a Lunarch Marshall
>Lunarch Inquisition is basically the Spanish Inquisition but with moons
>Inquisition obviously evil due to the mass killings of "heretics"
>Odric split between trying to stay out of his ally's line of fire and not being pants-on-head retarded
>He's probably gonna die in EMN by either being backstabbed or worse
>Thalia's probably gonna be fine
Rip in peace Odric
>>
>>46948913
>son ripped apart by werewolves
>wife couldn't take it, gone soon after
>survived all of the bullshit that was Dark Ascension
>cold cocked motherfucking Garruk
Please no. We need more cathars like this man. He needs to live to train a new generation of monster hunters.
>>
Gisa a best.

Idiot.

But a best.
>>
>>46949397
Grete saved Garruk
>>
File: 1457644393127.jpg (64 KB, 838x911) Image search: [Google]
1457644393127.jpg
64 KB, 838x911
>in a play by post freeform roleplay a couple of years ago
>play as sorin
>not much characterization at the time beyond the zendikar book
>play him as a conniving, egotisitcal, confrontational, self-serving asshole
>got in fights with other characters constantly, for the stupidest reasons
>turns out i was playing him 100% correct the entire time
>mfw

also, we need out own pacha edit. probably garruk or nixilis.
>>
>>46950235
>pacha edit
There's a great Feldon one, anyone have it?
>when the sex robot feels just right
>>
>>46950235
If we want to go full memelords it should be Ugin or Nahiri, because Hedron alignments.
>>
>>46949996
Yes she did, don't know why I thought I typed knocked out.
>>
>>46950463
Also that was immediately after the cursemute happened and he was kind of at his worst. It's not that impressive.
>>
>>46950506
Garruk at his worst still seems like a lot more than most people do at their best.
>>
>>46948568
>astral cornucopia from the Theros block

For me is more like Omniscience.
>>
File: 635897402367493183.jpg (73 KB, 1024x812) Image search: [Google]
635897402367493183.jpg
73 KB, 1024x812
Can someone ELI5 the Shadows Over Innistrad story? I was into the spoilers, but lost interest. I want to read the Uncharted Realms stuff, but there's so much of it and it doesn't hold my attention as much as I'd like.
>>
>>46944747
We've had Mr. "Survival of the Strongest" and Elf Hitler/Dindunuffin. What other archetype does green need?
>>
>>46951453
I read all of it over the past 2 days, it's a shit load better than "Nissa and Gideon do fucking nothing for months".

Something's fucking with Avacyn's mind to make her hate humans, so she got rid of the cursemute and is killing everyone.

Nahiri is using Gisa's zombies to make the drownyard (presumably for Emrakul). Gisa was in jail but Geralf helped her escape.

Jace is trying to figure out what the fuck is going on and was driven partially insane by whatever's coming via the drownyard.

Sorin asked Olivia for help against Nahiri, because Sorin was Sorin and got into a fight with Nahiri a while ago for dumb reasons.

Also the gitrog monster has weird mind control powers, that story was dumb.
>>
>>46951578
Nissa doesn't have a character anymore, they could try again with racist.

There's also the natural order and/or community stuff, but they'd probably just make that selesnya
>>
>>46951652
Racist seems so out of color for green. I mean, green's all about the natural order, and racism doesn't really fit in that, because every creature has an important place in things. I think you could go with that but not the huge communal vibe Selesnya gives off.

Maybe a planeswalker trying to figure out where planeswalkers fit in the natural order of the multiverse?
>>
>>46951453
>ELI5
What the fuck is this dumb reddit shit.

Just say TL;DR
>>
>>46951788
>because every creature has an important place in things.
Green is the "Africa for Africas, Asia for Asians"
You evolved there for a reason, stop trying to fuck things up by intermingling.
>>
>>46951913
But species migrate. Even species that don't migrate seasonally end up moving around over centuries and millenia. And I imagine green would be the most in touch with the idea of evolution, so I still don't see it.
>>
>>46951788
Racism is the natural hate for things that are different from you because they might eat you or take your shit.
>>46951913
>>46952015
Green is hoards trampling everything in their path to spread their territory. Like "Overrun".

>>46951862
I'm sorry to have triggered you.
>>
>>46952081
I just don't understand why you've gone out of your way to use some reddit thing for a concept that's existed for over a decade.
>>
>>46952140
I just don't understand why that bothers you.
>>
>>46952201
Because Reddit's structure is inherently shit and the majority of the people that frequent it are awful.
>>
>>46951788
>>46952081

I think certain types of racism definitely fit green. Like, if you think you are who you're born as, it's not a far leap to think some races are better or worse at things than others. Maybe not so much "I hate you because you're a goblin" racism, but more "we shouldn't put the goblin in charge of maps" racism.

Each color has a lot of aspects to it though, so a green character isn't necessarily racist. Though now I kinda want to see Nissa making awkward racist assumptions about humans.
>>
>>46952281
That'd be too Problematic.

Nissa is a pure dindu nuffin elf
>>
>>46952228
You realize you're on 4chan, right? I mean, I'll agree that Reddit has some shitty users (though I'm sure we'll disagree on why), but this is *4chan*. You know, the site where a guy strangled a woman and took pictures of her naked corpse for anonymous internet cred.

Stop getting worked up because someone used internet slang that you don't like.

Speaking of Reddit, there's a subreddit for creating D&D 5e monsters, and they had a big fancy well done PDF that converted a lot of Magic creatures--especially from Zendikar--to 5e. Wizards sent a cease and desist to them, though, claiming that using the monsters and art was a violation of trademarks or copyrights or whatever. I wonder if that had anything to do with Wizard's idea to create a short D&D supplement for Zendikar...
https://www.reddit.com/r/monsteraday/comments/464vle/monsteraday_compendium_going_down/

>>46952281
Green is the "I'm a lion and I'm the best" racist.
>>
>>46952745
I meant more the structure.

The thing with upboats is shit.
>>
>>46952915
Look, I don't want to devote more time to understanding why you're so triggered than actually talking about Magic.
>>
>>46952745
>You realize you're on 4chan, right?
Right back at you. Don't bring reddit shit here.
>>
>>46953045
Fuck off. Reddit has alright ideas, like ELI5. But the people are fucking terrible, so I don't blame him for asking here and not there.
I'd rather 1,000 anons call me a faggot than just one redditor condescend to me. That smarter-than-you tone just grates me, makes my blood boil.
>>
>>46953025
Not that anon but wtf does ELI5 means?
>>
>>46953179
>Reddit has alright ideas, like ELI5
It's just a retarded acronym, we have enough of those.

>>46953190
>What is google?
>>
>>46953190
"Explain like I'm 5", according to google.
>>
File: file.png (2 MB, 1280x1478) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2 MB, 1280x1478
This was a cute concept.
>>
>>46953179
>Fuck off. Reddit has alright ideas, like ELI5.
It's a retarded idea.
>>
You'd think being a noble would make Gisa sound a bit less stupid in her letters.
>>
File: 8644853517_7ceb471f20.jpg (98 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
8644853517_7ceb471f20.jpg
98 KB, 500x375
>>46953281
>milkyol
>the same person who is literally Chandrakin
>the same person that hadcanons that Jace and Tibalt are trans
no pls
she/he/it/they/whatever makes good art though
>>
>>46953411
Well, that's unfortunate.

The wizards tumblr just posted it, though.
>>
File: chibilili.jpg (65 KB, 700x810) Image search: [Google]
chibilili.jpg
65 KB, 700x810
Would Gisa and Liliana get along?
>>
>>46954451
Obviously no since she tried to take her onii-chan from her
>>
>>46953429
Wizards is doing its best to fella trans dick right now, so it's not surprising.
>>
>>46953411
Who? What?
Tibalt can't be trans, that would be personality other than "I'M RED AND SO WACKY MURDER LOL".

What are their arguments, though?
>>
File: file.png (1023 KB, 1280x1114) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1023 KB, 1280x1114
>>46954645
I think they just reblog anything they think's "cool"
>>
>>46954597
Where can I read about it?
>>
>>46954719
Probably literally nothing of merit.

That's frequently it.

Knowing tumblr, I'd guess it'd be:

Tibalt: Turned into a demon and now has body issues or turned into a demon because of body issues (no they don't really care about canon)

Jace: Probably something to do with him not remembering his childhood, so he decided on a new gender. Or something along the lines of "I'm a mind mage so things like gender don't matter uwu"
>>
>>46954814
I would've guessed that, for Jace, it was an explanation for all those damn belts he wears.
>>
>>46954873
nigga, the belts are literally below the upper chest, they won't do jack
>>
>>46954910
Well of course it LOOKS that way. Jace is an illusionist.
>>
File: 3453f.gif (5 MB, 432x250) Image search: [Google]
3453f.gif
5 MB, 432x250
>>46954719
>What are their arguments, though?

"I'm a trans bipolar vegan bear, so every character that I like is that way."
>>
>>46954946
>>46954814
I feel like it's probably more of an AU "what if" sort of thing and that you're blowing things out of proportion because being a regular on 4chan has instilled you with massive and often hateful biases against transgender people, especially ones from Tumblr.
>>
>>46955003
I mean, that's possible, but I've seen enough to know it's usually not.

I actually went to therapy for a year or so regarding gender issues (which actually ended awfully) and I'm fine with trans people, but there's a ton of people on tumblr who make it all of their being or other such idiocies.

But enough about that, after Sorin kills Avacyn, what's everyone gonna do? Wait 5 seconds until Emrakul shows up?
>>
>>46955058

I really get the sinking feeling that Innistrad is going to be permanently buttfucked by this block to raise the stakes again after how easily the Gatewatch took out two of the Eldrazi.
>>
>>46955058
>Wait 5 seconds until Emrakul shows up?
How long would Emrakul last against a FUCKING PISSED Sorin?
>>
>>46951788
>Racist seems so out of color for green
Elephants practice a sort of racism in that they kill white rhinos on sight, only white ones, for no currently obvious reason. I think Green could totally house racism.
>>
>>46955058
One of the problems with 4chan is that I can't press you for more info on what is clearly an interesting story. But beyond that, I still feel that people are way too willing to believe the biases 4chan tells them.

Also
>Thinking it will be Emrakul
>>
>>46955143
If you think about it though, taking out Emrakul is gonna be balls-to-the-wall hard
>No Nissa and Chandra wombo combo to roast Emrakul
>Only ones that are available to fight Emrakul are a hallucinating mind mage, a moon rabbit with little combat skill, a VERY PISSED sword wielding vampire who had a hard time killing the Eldrazi as an oldwalker, a werewolf, and maybe a necromancer if Lili decides to start giving a fuck
>Plane is already heavily divided as it is, so no team work to make the dream work like on Zendikar
>Eldrazi corruption means horrors are probably on Em-chan's side
>So are a bunch of cultists, a necromancer, and a FUCKING PISSED lithomancer
>No way to contain Emrakul since the only one who can do it is bringing her there in the first place
>>46955325
>Thinking Wizards is creative
>>
>>46955381
>Sorin and Nahiri will make up
>They'll form up with Jace, Arlinn, and Tamiyo to turn Innistrad into a megazord and punch Emrakul in the fucking face.
>>
>>46955381
>If you think about it though, taking out Emrakul is gonna be balls-to-the-wall hard
>>No Nissa and Chandra wombo combo to roast Emrakul
Killing an eldrazi Titan was supposed to be impossible, they'll just make up some bullshit if they want her dead.
>>
>>46955325
>Also
>>Thinking it will be Emrakul
Nah man, the set called eldritch moon, flesh stuff appearing everywhere, about a dozen other things I've posted multiple times over.

It's TOTALLY Heliod who sparked and came over to Innitrad to get info on Kiora for Thassa.
>>
>>46954795
Here
>http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/preview-article-mikaeus-unhallowed-2012-01-16

But this will cost you. I do it for the (You)s
>>
>>46955381
>a VERY PISSED sword wielding vampire who had a hard time killing the Eldrazi as an oldwalker
It was more like he was told not to. Sorin was tanking all three as an oldwalker until Nahiri and Ugin were done with their hedrons.
>>
>>46955527
Will they fuse with the moon afterwards?
>>
>>46955555
To be fair, with the nautical themes and how whatever dreams Marit Lage has manifests in reality, Marit Lage theorists could argue the tentacles are a result of Marit Lage encountering Emrakul and dreaming about them, it would also help explain how said tentacles are on rocks(daring sleuth) and buildings(Thraben Inspector) despite the fact Emrakul can only affect living things with her corruption.
>>
>>46955739
I'm holding out for that sea god. I was promised eyes you see and Emmy has a history of taking them away.
>>
>>46955873
>I was promised eyes
Were you promised them by Mother Kos perchance?
>>
>>46955675
Wrong
The hedrons were finished and in place. After that Sorin drew the eldrazi to Zendikar and all three of them fought the eldrazi. Ugin was the tank, Nahiri was multi-tasking turning the hedrons on and fighting, and Sorin's job was the take what the eldrazi ate and put it back into Zendikar.
He wasn't soloing them by a long shot.
>>
>>46956389
Ugin breathed his ghostfire, searing the Eldrazi brood with invisible flame. Sorin countered their life-draining power with his own, leeching their strength before they could take too much of Zendikar's vitality. Zendikar's people fought the titans' brood lineages, but it was clear that if the onslaught continued, they too would be overrun.
You sure about that m8?
>>
>>46955873
On the inside?
>>
>>46956389
>Ugin breathed his ghostfire, searing the Eldrazi brood with invisible flame.
>Zendikar's people fought the titans' brood lineages, but it was clear that if the onslaught continued, they too would be overrun.
Yes, I'm pretty sure Sorin did not solo the titans.
>>
>>46956767
Meant for >>46956686
>>
Is there a reliable online quiz to see what color alignments you are closest to? Just curious.
>>
>>46957105

There's one for which Ravnica Guild you'd be in. If anything that's a little more in depth.

http://www.wizards.com/magic/quiz/quiz.aspx?x=mtg/quiz/guild
>>
>>46957147
>do quiz
>get Izzet

I'm okay with this.
>>
>>46957147
>Do quiz
Rakdos
Orzhov
Boros
In that order. Does this mean I'm some kind of Black-aligned Mardu?
>>
File: 1315240543030.jpg (139 KB, 720x488) Image search: [Google]
1315240543030.jpg
139 KB, 720x488
>>46957147
God I wish there was a quiz that was made by some one who understood the mindset and emotions of the guilds. Asked intresting questions that let you understand if you have a personality like one of the guilds. What we have is, X happens how do you handle it, Like a Smimc? Like a Boros? Like a Izzet?
>>
>>46957147
>Get Izzet
>Secondary all other blue guilds
I'd be upset but izzet and simic are pretty good, and green's philosophy is socializing so fuck that.
>>
>>46958263
The quiz actually counts based on your colors. If you answer with a lot of red then you typically end up in a red guild.
That and they aren't meant to be deep. things.
At least this one is more fun than the Tarkir one.
Holy shit that one was stupid.
>>
File: color quiz.png (77 KB, 1862x774) Image search: [Google]
color quiz.png
77 KB, 1862x774
>>46957105
Put -2 to 2 to each trait based on how appropriate it is/how much you care about whatever/etc, then total up the points you get in each category
>>
>>46955531

>impossible

Never was it said it was impossible. The oldwalkers could have easily killed them, but Ugin didn't want them dead because reasons.
>>
>>46958735
Not easily, but it was doable using Ugin's plan. Ugin just said they shouldn't, and they decided to buy into his scheme.
>>
>>46958735
>The oldwalkers could have easily killed them
wotc don't you have a set to be working on
>>
>>46959422

If the gatewatch could do it, the big three certainly could have, and far more easily. And to be fair, Ugin never said they couldn't, he just said he didn't know if it was possible, and that he was certain it wasn't WISE.
>>
>>46959456
>the big three certainly could have
Not if they just threw mana at the Eldrazi (Sorin and Nahiri had been doing that and it failed), they'd need to draw them into the plane first, and that requires the plan Ugin had but didn't tell them the full details of.
>>
Help /tg/! I woke up with tentacles for fingers! What should I do????
>>
>>46959754

Cut them off and make calamari. Also either leave Innistrad or stop eating at the Simic place.
>>
>>46954719
Tibalt is concerned with one thing and one thing only. Causing suffering.
It just so happens that claiming to be Trans is a good way to get people angry and butthurt while having to put in next to no effort himself. And he can double dip by dropping hints that's he's not actually trans in order to cause the same butthurt on the other side of the fence.
If nothing else it kills the time in between his more personal torture sessions.
>>
>>46943375
>And, does he deserve a fucking medal for being a decent being?
Well, given that he is a vampire, yes.
>>
File: 1423356473287.png (164 KB, 344x436) Image search: [Google]
1423356473287.png
164 KB, 344x436
>>46959754
Time to assault Tamiyo!
>>
>>46960262
>Tibalt is trans to trigger people who get angry at transpeople
It makes so much sense.
>>
>>46955003
Not really, I met trans people on work and they're pretty normal, like, I don't know, A HUMAN.
Tumblr trans movement is out of proportions, everyone is a snowflake and for some reason characters in their fandoms must also be like them.
It's a stupid topic and I couldn't give much of a fuck about them, but it bothers me when they insert they shit onto MTG.

It's like some guys start writing fanfics and fanart about Alesha being a normal hetero guy. But whatever, everyones is gay, everyone wants to fuck everyone and jace is the best, amirite?
>>
>>46959613
They also didn't know what the Eldrazi were, and had been attacking Ulamog drones and spawn thinking they were independent organisms.
It's POSSIBLE they might have found a way to drag the full Titan into existence and then murdered it, but we'll never know, because at the same time they were told what the Eldrazi were, they were told they should trap them instead and that they probably can't be killed (the latter of which was an outright lie)
>>
>>46961583
Back during Theros block somehow they got it into their mind that Pharika was a transwoman, and that really got annoying.

Around when Alesha got spoiled there was some decent porn of them, though.
>>
>>46959754
Just got back from an ultrasound. Doc says there's a mouth on my kidney. Help???
>>
>>46964276
It's probably hungry. Feed it a young child or a puppy.
>>
>unironically using reddit terminology
>/tg/ accepting it without a struggle
NORMIES GET OUT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

on an unrelated note, Emrakul, Marit Lage, or some other third entity?
>>
>>46967158
I want something new, but it probably is Emrakool.
>>
File: Image (9).png (123 KB, 223x311) Image search: [Google]
Image (9).png
123 KB, 223x311
>>46967158
I want Lage so bad, and my hopes are high with horrors appearing in red and blue, with the thing in the ice bringing back ice counters, but the art for grotesque mutation is distinctly eldrazi in coloration and tentacle design, so I fear we're probably just getting emerakul.
>>
File: nevinyrrals_disk.jpg (32 KB, 210x300) Image search: [Google]
nevinyrrals_disk.jpg
32 KB, 210x300
>>46967401
Isn't this just a reference to Disk?
>>
>>46969237
I don't see it.
>>
>>46963777
Has anybody actually called Ugin on that bit of bullshit yet? Nahiri or Sorin finding out would be delicious.
>>
>>46961583
Everyone is a snowflake in real life. A tumblr is basically someone's diary. There's also plenty of reasons why transpeople might want to talk about their experiences as transpeople, or be politically active about that, considering there are people threatening to murder them due to these "bathroom bills".
There's also a lot of difference between making a character a minority as opposed to taking a minority character and making them the majority. There are entire fields of academic study on this kind of thing, and it's the kind of nuance that isn't going to get explained in a 4chan post.

But you are basically going "I don't have a problem with queer people, BUT..."

More importantly >>46964035
Show me this porn. I need it for an F-list profile

>>46967401
>>46967284
>>46967158
Honestly? I don't mind if it is Emrakul and think that would be a pretty neat way of connecting things, especially since Emrakul and the Eldrazi are a Lovecraftian reference, and this block is called Shadows Over Innistrad, a clear reference to Shadow Over Innsmouth.
The only 'weird' part is that the events of Innistrad seem to have been going on for some time, with a lot of references seeming to be that some ANCIENT thing is returning. Emrakul was worshipped as the Goddess Emeria/Kamsa, but wasn't really a religious figure in its own right, just an ancient devouring beastie from beyond the stars. It feels like there's some kind of intention and consciousness at work on Innistrad.

Also, stop getting worked up over Reddit terms. Internet factionalism is dumb, even my own irrational dislike for SomethingAwful.
>>
>>46959456
>>46959613
What did we leave off on with Battle for Zendikar? Did they defeat the Eldrazi or not?
>>
>>46971286
It was written porn, from back around when she was first announced.

You could potentially find it if you searched for pastebins around that time period but I don't think you'd have much luck.
>>
>>46971311
That sounds like a lot of work for probably not a lot of pay off. I'm pretty sure there are a thousand pastebins a day.
But what was the gist of it?

>>46971309
>>46963777
>They also didn't know what the Eldrazi were, and had been attacking Ulamog drones and spawn thinking they were independent organisms.
>It's POSSIBLE they might have found a way to drag the full Titan into existence and then murdered it, but we'll never know, because at the same time they were told what the Eldrazi were, they were told they should trap them instead and that they probably can't be killed (the latter of which was an outright lie)
Explain this part to me, because I'm obviously dumber on the lore than I thought. I actually have no idea how the first Eldrazi invasion went. What happened exactly?
>>
>>46971355
When Nahiri and Sorin first encountered the Eldrazi, they found what they thought was some sort of interplanar army eating a plane, that would keep coming back no matter how many they killed. What they actually found was Ulamog. After failing to save a plane from this 'rampaging horde', they went to Nahiri's home plane of Zendikar to rest, where Ugin was waiting for them. He told them that there were only three eldrazi, and that they had only encountered one. He then told them that they 'probably could not be killed' but could be bound, and then basically volunteered Zendikar for the job of being the plane to bind them on. They proceeded to bind the fuckers and force some amount of corporeality on them to do so, and a lot of planebound died, but hooray they Eldrazi were now stuck (at the cost of Zendikar now being Really Pissed all the time).
Flash forward a few thousand years, and Bolas tricks a bunch of planeswalkers into weakening the seal on the Eldrazi's binding. Sorin then shows up, and gets Nissa and Anowan the Ruin Sage to bring him to said seal. However, Sorin acts like a dick the whole time, and thus Nissa becomes the second stupidest person in the multiverse and breaks the weakened seal, releasing the Eldrazi.
Emrakul decides to GTFO, while Kozilek fucks off to Zendikar's core and Ulamog ravages the plane's surface and eats a few continents. Eventually, a bunch of walkers decide to do something about all this mess. Gideon's been punching out Eldrazi daily, but he can't dent their numbers, so goes to get help. He finds Jace, gets him to come back to correct his fuckups (being one of the ones Bolas tricked), and Jace runs into Ugin at the Eye (which is the seal). Ugin tells Jace much the same as he did Nahiri and Sorin way back when, including what the Eldrazi are, but isn't exactly in his best form after just getting Not Deaded, so Jace gets the idea that maybe they CAN be killed before Ugin tries backtracking that.
>>
>>46971677
Gideon and Jace, along with Nissa, try sealing Ulamog anyways, because Ugin forced Jace to promise to try to seal the shits (and you don't not agree with a giant elder dragon), but that backfires when Ob Nixilis decides that he'd rather hijack the binding attempt to regain his spark, and then wake Kozilek up and fuck with the walkers. SOmewhere in there, Kiora decides to throw Lorthos at Kozilek, resulting in bisected Lorthos.
Then Chandra (Fuckup #2 from the original sealweakening) shows up and stops Ob from murdering everyone, and Gideon/Jace/Nissa/Chandra decide to form the Avengers I mean the Gatewatch. They come up with a plan to pull the full Eldrazi into the plane - since they were 'as a man with their hand in a pond' - and then forcefeed them mana until they pop, while Gideon and Chandra run interference.
They succeed on the first part, with Kozilek and Ulamog forming the entire sky of the plane, but the second half doesn't go so well - they're destroying the plane faster. So Nissa instead decides to channel the entire plane's mana into Chandra, who goes and starts burning the everloving shit out of the two Eldrazi.
This works, and now they're dead.
>>
>>46971677
>>46971793
This read like Zendikar and Battle for Zendikar were the same set.
>>
>>46971355
Alesha lost some battle or something, and some of the Mardu said "If you want to be a woman then you'll be treated like one", then they all stuck their dicks in them and they liked it.
>>
>>46971826
They basically were
>>
>>46972057
What, they just let the Eldrazi run amok on Zendikar in the interim while people did arbitrary nonsense on Ravnica for a while?
>>
>>46972083
yeah
Gideon was punching Eldrazi then ditched Nissa, who was ditched by Chandra for arbitrary reasons, then he came back to punch more Eldrazi but finally got Jace off his ass
Literally the time between the Zendikar block and BfZ was the same as the time between the start of BfZ and the end of OGW
That's 2 fucking weeks
To kind of get a measurement on how fucking short that was, it took an entire year (in game) for a return to Innistrad, almost a decade (probably idk) between each Ravnica block, 1300 years between Fate Reforged and Dragons, and a fucklong between Mirrodin and New Phyrexia
>>
>>46972083
The time between Zendikar and BFZ in-world was like a few weeks or something
>>
>>46972176
This is the first time I've actually come to understand exactly how retarded the lore gets when you have recurring characters walking around the planes.

Jace became the Guildpact in his fucking downtime, didn't he.
>>
>>46972231
The Dragon's Maze took only a few days to do.
He worked as the Guildpact for less than a week before Liliana shenanigans, Garruk shitfits, and Gideon picking him up
The LIVING GUILDPACT
THE THING KEEPING RAVNICA FROM FALLING APART
HAS BEEN GONE FOR 2+ WEEKS
>>
>>46972176
Which means it was at least a year between Rise of the Eldrazi and Battle for Zendikar
Which, to be fair, would explain why Gideon was so fucking exhausted from punching out Eldrazi and why everyone had basically given up hope by BfZ, though it also means Ulamog is fucking SLOW at eating planes if he only ate two continents in a year.
>>
>>46972298
nigga read
2 weeks between Rise and BFZ
In between those 2 weeks, the Dragon's Maze was completed, the Theros clusterfuck resolved, the literal history of a plane rewritten, and some other stuff nobody cared about
>>
>>46972380
I don't think it's been two weeks for all of that, just two weeks in Zendikar.
>>
>>46972402
I think it was, at least for RTR, since Jace was on Zendikar before fucking off when the Eldrazi arrived, obviously going back to Ravnica to see the shitfest
>>
>>46972380
Theros took half a year, and Scars took at least a year, and given that both happened mostly between Zendikar and BfZ it's been more than 2 weeks between both blocks.
>>
>>46972380
I did read. You said there was a year between Innistrad and Shadows Over Innistrad.
Innistrad HAS to happen after Rise, because Sorin goes back home to Innistrad AFTER the Eldrazi are set loose. And Shadows happens immediately after Oath.
>>
>>46972176
It's been a bit more than sixty years between the two Ravnica blocks.
>>
>>46972484
>>46972503
fuck it, this entire timeline is fucked
>>
>>46972516
The obvious solution is that no, it hasn't been two weeks since Rise of the Eldrazi, because there's nothing suggesting it's been only two weeks since Rise of the Eldrazi
>>
>>46972516
I miss Kos, Glissa, and Umezawa.
>>
>>46972535
I checked the wiki
it's been exactly two years since Ulamog's been released
>>
File: 1460772876816.jpg (26 KB, 379x214) Image search: [Google]
1460772876816.jpg
26 KB, 379x214
>>46971286
>"I don't have a problem with queer people, BUT..."

Oh fuck off, I'm pointing the difference between being a normal "queer" and a stupid one, much like a normal vegan and a annoying vegan. I don't fucking care what you do with your ass, just don't push it into fandoms.
>hurr durr muh tibalt is so queer, he loves fucking jace in the mouth and cumming in his cloak!
If you're happy masturbating with that thought, good for you. But please try to keep it to yourself, not because it's disgusting but because it's stupid and lame.

Everyone is snowflake? Welcome to the real world when no one cares about you.

>inb4 god forbid people having fetishes
Exactly, I don't need to know what gets you hard or wet.

Yes,Tumblr is like a diary and I'm going to repeat my point in case you miss it: It bothers me when people push their sex fanfics/fetish/trans identity problems/mental issues or whatever problem YOU HAVE into any fandom, I'm not saying it's wrong, but it's annoying at least for me.

Now I'm going to tip my fedora and clean the doritos that fell on my keyboard.
>>
>>46972581
Which is very much not two weeks.
>>
>>46972055
>Not femdom
Sounds lame. I wanted a Mongolian transgirl buttfucking an orc.

>>46971677
>>46971793
So where did Ugin come from and how did he even know about the Eldrazi? Where did Sorin and Nahiri encounter the Eldrazi first, and why were they there?

So Kozilek and Ulamog are dead? How did they pull the Eldrazi all the way into reality?
What's Ugin doing now? From the way people are talking about it, he was intentionally withholding information about the Eldrazi.

>>46972083
>>46972176
>>46972231
I don't think you're getting the timeframe right, but keep in mind that blocks are concurrent, not sequential. When we switch blocks, it's a "meanwhile, at the hall of justice" moment, not a passage of time.

>>46972276
Yeah, that's really weird. I mean, saving Zendikar and stopping the Eldrazi is pretty important shit and could put Ravnica in danger, but what the fuck is he doing on Innistrad investigating mysteries now? Motherfucker has a job.

>>46972625
We get it. You don't like when people signal that they're different from you. Those queers and vegans probably get sick of hearing about your straight meat eating, though.
>>
File: 1427235643153.jpg (11 KB, 240x212) Image search: [Google]
1427235643153.jpg
11 KB, 240x212
>>46972625
Excellent post, Anon.

>>46972535
>because there's nothing suggesting it's been only two weeks since Rise of the Eldrazi
This. It's completely illogical.
>>
>>46972827
There's dude bros but I don't really know of a group of people who go on about eating cows.

Please continue with your shitposting though.
>>
File: 1459123790618.png (6 KB, 252x256) Image search: [Google]
1459123790618.png
6 KB, 252x256
>>46972827
>We get it. You don't like when people signal that they're different from you. Those queers and vegans probably get sick of hearing about your straight meat eating, though.

Pls.
>>
>>46972827
>responds to a gagillion posts
>types like a faggot
>victim complex
Faggot-kun? Or are you some new breed of fag?
>>
>>46972827
>Ugin come from and how did he even know about the Eldrazi?
He's an ancient dragon, knowing things is his shtick.

>Where did Sorin and Nahiri encounter the Eldrazi first, and why were they there?
Nameless plane than not longer exists. They were trying to save it's inhabitants from the monsters that were massacring them.

>So Kozilek and Ulamog are dead
Yes

>How did they pull the Eldrazi all the way into reality?
Magic

>What's Ugin doing now?
Dragon stuff/researching the possible consequences of the death of the Eldrazi/looking for Emmy-chan

>he was intentionally withholding information about the Eldrazi.
He didn't want the Eldrazi dead. He thinjs they're important for the health of the Multiverse or something

>We get it. You don't like when people signal that they're different from you. Those queers and vegans probably get sick of hearing about your straight meat eating, though.
Fuck off to tumblr.
>>
I don't suppose there is a pdf of The Art of Magic Zendikar floating around out there?
>>
File: 1457994537446.png (23 KB, 140x160) Image search: [Google]
1457994537446.png
23 KB, 140x160
>>46973027
The book is cheap as fuck, go buy it to support more of those.
>>
>>46972827
Ugin is an Elder Dragon, his exact origins unknown. He studied the Eldrazi for quite a while before meeting Nahiri and Sorin, and planned to study them further while they were bound to Zendikar, but came down with the dead, courtesy of Nicol Bolas. How he found out about the Eldrazi hasn't been stated.
Sorin and Nahiri encountered UIamog on a plane that we have no name for, and is now gone - the only thing left is the sword Nahiri carries with her, which she forged from that plane's stone. The story didn't really get into the WHY they were there.
Kozilek and Ulamog are dead now, yes. Jace and Nissa improvised a version of the hedron runes using Zendikar's leylines to pull them fully into the plane itself , under the thought process of 'if they're like a man with a hand in the pond, then we'll yank on his hand and drown him'
Ugin is currently pissed to shit that Kozilek and Ulamog are dead, because as far as he's concerned they're probably needed for the balance of the multiverse - which is why he was, indeed, phrasing things to make people draw the wrong conclusions. He's the one who sent Jace to go find Sorin, because Emrakul is still around in parts unknown (most likely Innistrad...)
Jace is getting involved in Innistrad in part because he originally went there just to get Sorin and come back, but in part because he literally cannot resist the allure of a puzzle to solve, because he's a huge dork. It's how he got stuck with the Living Guildpact job, it's how he got pulled into helping Zendikar, and it's now why he's going mad on Innistrad
>>
>>46973118
>Supporting this
>>
>>46973135
Wizards hears with its bank account. The artbooks are an experiment - if they sell, they'll keep making them, otherwise they'll stop making them. If people don't buy them, they won't make more of them, sadly. It's what happened to the novels, it's what happened to premium decks and event decks, it's why we will never return to Kamigawa or Lorwyn or Ulgrotha.
>>
>>46973118
>>46973135
>>46973197
Some of us are poor. Like, really poor. We'd support if we could, but don't have that kind of money. Also it's 30$, that's about as much as most of the RPG books people pirate. A lot of people do end up buying this stuff, though.

Also, Lorwyn and Kamigawa are well liked planes that MaRo has implied we'd go back to. He was even asking on tumblr if fans would accept if they essentially made a completely different Japanese themed plane but called it Kamigawa and said time had passed. It's on their list of planes to return to. Fans constantly ask about it. We've only had, what, three "Return to" blocks so far?
>>
>>46973133
>Jace is getting involved in Innistrad in part because he originally went there just to get Sorin and come back, but in part because he literally cannot resist the allure of a puzzle to solve, because he's a huge dork. It's how he got stuck with the Living Guildpact job, it's how he got pulled into helping Zendikar, and it's now why he's going mad on Innistrad
That makes a bit more sense.

So what about Nahiri on Zendikar? Has it been confirmed that she's intentionally trying to kill Sorin and ruin his life? Is she the one who made Avacyn crazy? Or is she also a pawn in all of this?
>>
>>46973197
And the reason we have so many shitty over-digital illustrations instead of neat stuff. Fucking plebs.
>>
File: ilovedit.gif (3 MB, 312x274) Image search: [Google]
ilovedit.gif
3 MB, 312x274
>>46973135
I hate wizards as much as the next guy but I loved the artbook, is pretty neat having all that lore and tons of pretty art in your coffe table. Can't wait for the New Phyrexia, Dominaria and Kamigawa ones, that's why I bough it.
>>
>>46973319
BFZ's lore was poop garbage, even before "lol just burn the titans".

There were parts where it could have been ok but those were seldom
>>
File: 1416857449937.gif (2 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1416857449937.gif
2 MB, 500x281
>>46973256
>Lorwyn and Kamigawa are well liked planes
Please Anon, my sides can't take this much. They may have a strong niche following but casuals detest them.
>>
>>46973256
nigga i'm broke ass college student and i saved for month to buy that shit

>>46973350
bfz lore was shit but the art is amazing, fuck argyle tho
>>
>>46973288
>Has it been confirmed that she's intentionally trying to kill Sorin and ruin his life?
No, but it's obvious at thia point and it's confirmed she's FUCKING PISSED and killed the whole Markov lineage.

>Is she the one who made Avacyn crazy?
Yes
>>
>>46973288
At one point, a thousand years ago, the Eldrazi nearly broke free. Sorin and Ugin had promised to help in case that happened, and Nahiri attempted to call on them for help and got absolutely nothing, so instead dealt with it herself (it turned out that vampires had been fucking around with the Eye).
Afterwards, she decided to go try to find the two, since this was kind of a major deal. Thing is, Ugin had come down with The Dead at this point, while Sorin as it turns out was busy creating Avacyn and the Helvault. She found Sorin, confronted him about it, he told her to fuck off, she got pissed and started a fight, and then...technically the story ends with Sorin and Avacyn near the Helvault and a pissed off Nahiri who has found the one stone thing she can't manipulate. Rather obvious what happens there - she got chucked into the Helvault, and has been trapped there for the past thousand years.
Since the Helvault exploded, she's been fucking around Innistrad, though likely went to Zendikar long enough to see it was being ravaged by Ulamog. So she's fucking pissed at Sorin, and thus is trying to do...something as revenge. She's the cause of Avacyn going nuts, but it hasn't been established yet if that's intentional or a side effect.
>>
>>46973288
>Has it been confirmed that she's intentionally trying to kill Sorin and ruin his life?
Ruin his life yes

Kill him probably not

Through whatever she's doing with Gisa's zombies, probably.
>>
>>46973373
Casuals are the ones who love them, what the fuck are you on about?
It's the hardcore 400$ netdeck standard players who hated the block with only one broken card. EDH players and kitchen table players fucking love samurai and spirits. Not to mention that Lorwyn is a beautiful plane filled with elves and shit.
>>
File: black man classified.gif (3 MB, 349x270) Image search: [Google]
black man classified.gif
3 MB, 349x270
>>46973288

Or perhaps Emrakul?
>>
>>46973523
That's a really well done loop.

Also, that's what I was getting at with the question, yeah.
>>
>>46973523
It was confirmed Nahiri killing off the vampires was what set off the balance and made Avacyn go human-extermination mode. But what really makes me wonder is what made Nahiri crazy? Does Ugin not have meme magic to telepathically tell people "hey uh no need to come back the eldrazi died" when he's alive?
>>
File: 1457575403910.jpg (663 KB, 1200x900) Image search: [Google]
1457575403910.jpg
663 KB, 1200x900
>>46973690
Didn't something or someone do an Inception on Avacyn saying "the seeds or men are broken"?
>>
>>46973690
>It was confirmed Nahiri killing off the vampires was what set off the balance and made Avacyn go human-extermination mode.
When was that confirmed?

Avacyn saw some mom being upset at her kid for running off and ~something~ started chanting to Avacyn.
>>
>>46973747

I feel like that has to be Nahiri or whatever.

Emrakul barely notices human beings EXIST. Aside from Kozilek, who seemed capable of noticing individual beings, the Eldrazi are just too fucking massive to give a shit about what's LIVING on the plane they're eating. Emrakul wouldn't be able to tell one group of incomprehensibly small specks apart from another, and it certainly wouldn't care enough to make judgements about what they're doing, while Nahiri certainly can.
>>
>>46973499
Both casuals and hardcore players hate those planes. Only Vorthos type players like those planes.
>>
>>46973747
She's hot. Would bang.
>>
>>46973818
Kozilek notices because he has eyes, the others don't.
>>
>>46973824
Where do you even get this notion?

>>46973747
So is Avacyn actually dead? I'm legitimately surprised they killed her off so suddenly. If it was going to happen, I would have at least expected it to be in the second block. Have we seen an Uncharted Realms on it?
>>
File: 1457575481074.jpg (765 KB, 1200x1059) Image search: [Google]
1457575481074.jpg
765 KB, 1200x1059
>>46973845
>Would bang

She'll purge you first for your impure thoughts.
>>
>>46973747
I really like this art.

This is basically their God, and she's just sorta hovering just above somebody's shop.
>>
File: 1457586386176.jpg (402 KB, 1231x900) Image search: [Google]
1457586386176.jpg
402 KB, 1231x900
>>46973975
>she's just sorta hovering just above somebody's shop.
>hovering

Now that you mention it, yeah... That's pretty weird. Pidgeons don't hover with their wings, can Angels levitate by the sole power of white mana?
>>
>>46974127
Angels are so pure that they cannot touch the dirty earth
>>
>>46974127
I'm pretty sure the answer is yes.
>>
>>46973947
Pffsh. That's only if she could kill you.

There is a particular Necromancer Flake that would bang her.
>>
File: EN_SOI_2_xp2o7eeera.jpg (272 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
EN_SOI_2_xp2o7eeera.jpg
272 KB, 1200x675
>tfw you'll never be commanded by the queen of vengence
>>
>>46955562
Oh thread is still up, thanks senpai.
Here's your (You).
>>
File: anguishedunmaking.jpg (44 KB, 265x370) Image search: [Google]
anguishedunmaking.jpg
44 KB, 265x370
>>46973933

>So is Avacyn actually dead? I'm legitimately surprised they killed her off so suddenly. If it was going to happen, I would have at least expected it to be in the second block. Have we seen an Uncharted Realms on it?

Pic related. Just saying bro.
>>
>>46975283
I know, but I figured it might be something more complicated.
>>
File: 3836605.jpg (650 KB, 800x1422) Image search: [Google]
3836605.jpg
650 KB, 800x1422
>>46975193
Gimme more art of Nahiri.
For my F-list profile
>>
File: I heard mana.jpg (88 KB, 495x454) Image search: [Google]
I heard mana.jpg
88 KB, 495x454
I really hope it isn't Emrakul
>>
>>46975813
I feel ya, I would love for some more lage
but the way things are looking we're probably just going to get emmy.
What would be rad is if we got both, with nahiri's plan being not to just sick emmy on innistrad, but to sick emmy on lage, and have the fight between them ruin innistrad, getting revenge AND killing at least one inter-planar horror.
>>
>>46975867
That's what I'm hoping for. Nahiri wouldn't simply summon Emrakul out of spite, that ONLY results in dead innocents. I don't think she's stupid enough to not try to take Emrakul with Innistrad.
>>
>>46975920

Nahiri seems pretty OK with the dead innocent thing so far, to be honest.
>>
>>46975946
yeah, she's gone pretty far off her rocker
which she probably needs more than ever, considering she doesn't have her oldwalker longevity.
>>
>>46975946
Sure, but I figure that if she's trying to get vengeance for Zendikar, I doubt she's going to play nice with the very thing that did it.
>>
>>46975920
>humans
>innocent
>>
>>46976018
>Innistrad only has humans
Nigga I was talking about those poor defenseless dire swines.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 39

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.