[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Horus Heresy General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 51
File: HH General Special Edition.png (149 KB, 1012x765) Image search: [Google]
HH General Special Edition.png
149 KB, 1012x765
The Night of The Beareversor Edition
Za Moon WRYYYYYYY Sub-Edition
On the old bread we talked about what got us to like our favorite legions, one Anon pointed out that the Horus Heresy series started out ten years ago, the Beareversor finally got art, an Anon got help for making a DG Libby who's fallen to Nurgle, we saw a post that about how a true Iron Warrior handles traitors, talk about the time when the Space Wolves had acceptable wolf levels happened, I lament the fact that Psi-Titans will never be a thing in the modern 40k, the horror of Taufags was discussed and how to be a not mindbogglingly horrible Taufag was also discussed and much more in the old thread >>46901655
Red Book Links: http://www2.zippyshare.com/v/s15Jqk1t/file.html
https://mega.nz/#!Jx1UGCTI!vMJN89z7p8tiEC7YOAj477g6RxDtJ7culVLF3q3godg
HH Book 6 - Retribution PDF:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/8aqx9j3a8erqv8d/The_Horus_Heresy_Book_6_-_Retribution.pdf or
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fkat.cr%2Fthe-horus-heresy-book-6-retribution-pdf-t12199249.html
HHG FAQ - http://pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016) - http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf
Other official downloads: http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Downloads#horusheresy
HH Rules:
Crusade Army List: http://www.mediafire.com/download/1lprm5vd99yafa3/
Mechanicum Taghmata Army List: https://mega.nz/#!LFwTjQ7B!mF0eVOY8P1MPT0a-QSXypXo_ZfskhYynD41PrkaTbD8
30k/40k Rules: https://mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ!EVh0GZZS
30k/40k Rules and more (torrents): https://kat.cr/usearch/%22Forge%20World%22%20heresy%20user:epistolary/
30k Black Library: https://mega.nz/#F!0RlxDZQC!qAu9BaubWa3KeihJRmOcsg
Yes I'm aware that this summary isn't that great.
>>
File: The Bearversor.jpg (151 KB, 600x854) Image search: [Google]
The Bearversor.jpg
151 KB, 600x854
>>46928649
Dammit, it's so bad that it's good .-.
>>
>>46928724
Is it unbearable?
>>
File: but why.gif (2 MB, 581x327) Image search: [Google]
but why.gif
2 MB, 581x327
>>46928649
>>46928724
On a setting with Sigismund, the Nemean Reaver and Scoria, to defeat those monsters we had to create monsters of our own.
Enter... the Bearversor!
>>
>>46928859
May the Man Emperor have mercy on us all.
>>
/tg/ would you pick traitor or loyalist IRL?
Assuming you had the enviable position of choosing, of course.
>>
File: Kyr motherfucking Vhalen.jpg (130 KB, 641x693) Image search: [Google]
Kyr motherfucking Vhalen.jpg
130 KB, 641x693
>>46929039
>Implying you are subject to circumstance
There's always a choice, brother. There always is.
>>
>>46929039
Assuming I'm part of the Legion I play, then Traitor. What would come of the World Eaters when the galaxy is dominated? They aren't rulers, all they know is to fight and kill. A loyalist future isn't a very promising one.
>>
>>46929039
Loyalist all day every day. I'll show the traitors that the gun is good, and that 40k Bangles are a long way.
>>
>>46928649
We need to remember to add /hhg/ to the opening post.
>>
File: Za_Mooon_WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.gif (7 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
Za_Mooon_WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.gif
7 MB, 854x480
>>46929039

Loyalty is it's own rewards.

And Moon drops. Moon drops are rewarding too.
>>
File: 1420595590673.jpg (114 KB, 329x329) Image search: [Google]
1420595590673.jpg
114 KB, 329x329
>>46928649
Claimed for Blood Angels. For Sanguinius!
>>
Sup /tg/, I just finished my RG HQ collection, but I don't know how to name them.

Firstly, what did special names did the RG have for their Chapter-master tier commanders? Captains?

I also have a primus medicae, chaplain, librarian, praevian and vigilator, and am wondering if the RG had any titles for them.

Lastly, I'm making a Death Guard allied detachment and wondering if the DG have any specific titles for Captains.

Also, is "Aves Aietos" too retarded (in the vein of 40k wolves)? it literally means 'bird eagle'.
>>
>>46929039
Loyalist. I'd rather fight for a fleeting utopian dream than fucking Erebus' shitty movement. A police state is better than no state.
>>
>>46929105
To be fair Kyr had more freedom than pretty much everyone else to choose. Would have been a lot harder to remain loyalist and actually accomplish something if you were say serving on your primarch's flagship.
>>
>>46929340
I'll remember that.
>>
>>46929567
>what did special names did the RG have for their Chapter-master tier commanders? Captains?
Weren't they called Shadow Captains on 40k?

> I'm making a Death Guard allied detachment and wondering if the DG have any specific titles for Captains.
As for the Death Guard, they cared little for honorific, BUT you could give them names that would only fit them, depending on how you fluff them.

Except "Chem master", that's taken. But you could call them, I don't know, Reaper captains? Or Keepers of the Tally? (funny, I was asking for DG names last thread...)

As for Aves Aietos, yes, extremely, even for a son of Raven Raven of the Raven Guard. Maybe try some lesser known birds. I didn't know what a Shrike was until that dude, and maaan are Shrike hardcore tier.
>>
>>46929039
Loyalist. I hate the idea of giving away my soul for a fleeting chance of power. If I could go Traitor and not be chaos tainted, I'd probably do it, but since there's no real way to do that, I'll stick with the side that won't corrupt my body and soul.
>>
File: loyal dg.png (1 MB, 632x1077) Image search: [Google]
loyal dg.png
1 MB, 632x1077
>>46929640
>Would have been a lot harder to remain loyalist and actually accomplish something if you were say serving on your primarch's flagship.
Some managed to remain loyal even under the primarch's bombardment.
As for actually accomplishing something, even if you are in the same fleet as other four traitor legions, if you dare you can win.
>>
>>46929567
>>46929717
Ferrus Manus, the man with iron hands who's legion was called the Iron Hands. His name means Iron Hands.
>>
>>46929751
I mean, isn't Garro (with Tarvitz help) the reason why Horus didn't rush Terra on the first place, giving the Imperium a chance to actually get some stuff pepared?
>>
>>46929754
I know. Fierro (Ferrus) means Iron, Mano (Manus) means hand. I always need to stop myself from saying "Fierro Mano". The struggle is huge when you speak a latin-derived language. Srsly GW, wtf?
>>
>>46929819
GW isn't creative but it can sink in. One of my dudes' last name meant Rising Star, was called the Rising Star, and lead a warband called the Stars of Chaos. But that was before I scrapped that whole idea.
>>
>>46929853
I name my guys after Finnish metal songs.
>>
>>46928649
Please, /tg/, are any of the Death Guard HH books good? I finished FotI but from there it gets confusing
>>
>>46929039
Loyalist through and through.
>>
>>46929754
And yet all of that is explained, in setting, with legitimate reasons.
>>
>>46929853
Sounds like a music band. You say it "meant rising star". What was his actual name? Ortu?
If you wanted stars and chaos, why not giving him a star name, like idk, Betelgeuse the Marked, warlord of the Eightfold Star?
>>
>>46929717
Oh well, time to find a more obscure bird.

Would Leuco Aietos pass? Lit 'White Eagle'
>>
If every legion got another special rite of war, what is something you would want? Personally I would like something exemplifying the EC's perfection in warfare (while Maru Skara is their perfection of speed and tactics). Something kind of like
>Palatine Blades, Seekers, and Phoenix Guard can be taken as troops in addition to their normal slot
>All Heavy Weapons Squad with Lascannons gets precision shots (Sunkillers)
>All Palatine Blade Squads get fleet
>All Phoenix Guards get furious charge
>All Seekers get stealth
>Every character gains Preferred Enemy (Characters) the first round of any challenge

>Palatine Blades, Seekers, and Phoenix Guard are your mandatory troops
>Every time you lose a challenge the unit the character was part of suffers -3 leadership instead of -1
>Every time one of your units is destroyed your opponent gains a victory point
>Cannot take legiones astartes or blackshields as allies

So your army ends up being elite (base troops at least are all WS or BS 5) and you get widespread access to good special rules, and you preform even better in challenges. On the other hand if you lose challenges (which you have to issue and accept) your unit is practically guaranteed to lose the combat and your very small units give your opponents victory points. Seems perfect for the EC, a legion focused on being the best evar and getting butthurt as hell when they get upstaged.
>>
>>46929872
You really can't just follow the Death Guard as they break off into many different fleets, enacting the Dark Compliance and hunting down Shattered Legion forces. The next time the Death Guard (assuming you mean not Garro) show up is in Scars, followed by the wonderful short story Daemonology, then Path of Heaven.
>>
>>46929867
Now I'm curious.
>>46929903
And so are the other Legions then. I would change the Word Bearers' name because World Bearers sounds cooler to me.
>>46929956
Just the last name.
>>
>>46929997
Rautaketju by Turmion Kätilöt.

Translates to "iron chain", it's one of my Warsmiths.
>>
>>46929965
Ultimately, the name is up to you man (I thought Eagle was Aquila (Águila)). You could deviate from the literal translation if you want to, but I like "Leuco". White because white-skinned RG, and it could pass for a regular name to the unknowing. Nice.
>>
>>46930026
My guy's last name is Stigende Stjerne.
>>
>>46929968
Very conveniently affecting most of your previous list's models huh :^) It's allright, a man can dream.
>Expensive HSS gain PS
>Phoexins Guards gain FC
>Very expensive compulsory squads
>VPs on death
>When losing a duel, the officer pretty much flagellates himself
Maaan, what's the RoW's name? Balls to the wall? It's EC Perfectionists squared! I wouldn't even dare sneezing before those guys.
>>
>>46930075
now I just need to figure out titles. 80% of the time there won't be any other HQ's besides him and Nex, so I don't care as much about my others.

What titles did the RG use? Jump Pack Chapter master and Terminator captain for context. The 40k chapter master is 'Lord of Shadows', but that is probably post-HH, as corax is The Shadowed Lord'.
>>
>>46929717
>RG
Strike Captains, Shadow Captains, Shade-Lords in the case of terran XIX
>>
>>46928649
Why not Beaversor?
>>
>>46930355
That is an acceptable spelling. I sort of want to make a model of one now. Where can I find bear skull bits from?
>>
>>46929968
Death Guard - "Terrors of the Old Night"

Effects
>Destroyers become Troops, all their attacks gain Poison(4+), and can take a Land Raider Phobos as a DT.
>Tactical Support squads equipped with flamers loses the "Support squad" rule.
>Death Guard characters can take Phosphex bombs for 10 pts
>Twin-Linked Chem-flamers and Twin-linked chem-Heavy flamers gain +1 Strenght besides all other rules.
>All units with LA(DG) gain Move through cover

Limitations
>Compulsory squads limited to Destroyers and Flamer-equipped Tactical Support squads.
>All flamers in the detachment must be equipped with Chem munitions.
>Can't use models with psyker powers
>Must include a Siege Breaker consul, or models with the Art of Destruction special rule.

I didn't know whether also add "buy rad grenades for 10pts" or not. They kinda overlap.
>>
>>46930283
>Jump Pack Chapter Master
Sadly "Chooser of the Slain" is doubly taken by Corax and the Dark Fury sgt.
>Terminator Captain
Like the Deliverers? Master of the Deliverers, then.
>>
>>46930472

I was thinking the same thing actually, except with destroyers/grave wardens as troops, but I really can't come up with a list of abilities that doesn't step on the toes of what we already have

Honestly I kind of feel like the Reapings "Dark arsenal" and Creeping Deaths "Toxic Munitions" should have been switched, or get some other cool unique wargear, like all characters being able to buy phosphex bombs

Honestly though, as much as I love the Reaping, I'm not a huge fan of the RoW that unlock special wargear, special rules/certain guys being troops are fine, but I feel it ties that legion too much to that particular formation to get their unique weapons

The thing I always ask myself is, why shouldn't the DG be able to bring rad grenades into a zone mortalis strike force, it always struck me as odd that they locked them into the reaping, same as with the IW Hail of Fire from the HoO
>>
>>46929968
Word Bearers - Heralds of a New Age

Effects
>Ashen Circle becomes the compulsory troops and can be joined by Independent Characters with the LA(WB) special rule. They will also only scatter 1D6"
>Word Bearer characters can take Rad grenades for +15pts
>Models with access to plasma pistols can buy instead a hand flamer for +5 pts.

Limitations
>Must include a Siege Breaker Consul.
>Can't include models with the Daemon rule or Burning lore, or with Tainted Weapons. Word Bearer psykers can't use Daemonology powers.
>Word bearers are too busy destroying all records of the enemy! An allied detachment using this RoW becomes can't score.

I want viable destroyers. Sue me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6l6vqPUM_FE

>>46930903
>Honestly I kind of feel like the Reapings "Dark arsenal" and Creeping Deaths "Toxic Munitions" should have been switched, or get some other cool unique wargear, like all characters being able to buy phosphex bombs
>I feel it ties that legion too much to that particular formation to get their unique weapons
>The thing I always ask myself is, why shouldn't the DG be able to bring rad grenades into a zone mortalis strike force, it always struck me as odd that they locked them into the reaping
Give us raaaaaaaaaaaaaad!
>same as with the IW Hail of Fire from the HoO
Hail of fire is kinda dissapointing, but at least it lets you "use up" your troops. I was going to propose an IW RoW that lets you shoot at enemies engaged in combat with your troops (and can bring allied Levy squads), but that's kinda close to what The Ironfire is.
>>
>>46931030
Loyalist WB, nice.
>>
>>46931082
Loyalist WB, the counter part to the traitor UM! They played a key role at the Xzogs Compliance in the Early Crusade (the complete opposite of the Betrayal at Calth)
>>
>>46930330
Good eye! They do look like those things in the back of >>46928706
That settles it, Xana and Scoria, the progenitors of Daemon engines. Besides him and Red Talon man, what other powerhouse characters has FW made up for the heresy?
Holy shit, my profile name has always been XANAdu. Scoria leave me alone!
>>
>>46931199
Whats the unlikliest to betray legion after UM?

Bloof angels maybe, but I can see them going full on bleh, vampire mode.
>>
>>46931373

Fists are probably the least likely to betray.

Dorn cracked down on lodges and wanted his legion to be a united and cohesive unit.

That said, a few guys stuck out in the back water or serving with horus away from daddy could easily rebel but it just seems unlikely from them.
>>
>>46931373
Traitor Salamanders. But Xiaphas Jurr did start a cult, so it could still happen.
>>
>>46931373
Imperial Fists

>>46929968
Imperial Fists - Last Men Standing

>Heavy Support squads are troops, 2 must be taken
>Heavy Support squads can buy an ammo dump or barb wire plus tank trap sections. Ammo dumps must be placed within 6'' of the squad that bought it, barb wire/tank traps within 12''
>The army must have a fortification, if it has an escape hatch then infantry coming from reserves may deploy through it as if it was a table edge.
>>
>>46931373
Bangles, Sallies, and Fists as everyone has said.
>>
File: IF bathing suit.jpg (45 KB, 477x636) Image search: [Google]
IF bathing suit.jpg
45 KB, 477x636
>>46931578
At last, a defensive Imperial Fist rite. Give this man a power pillow.
>>
Does Dorn have other aquilas? We established that he has a ceremonial, sleep, and a work Aquila.
>The eagle has landed, on my head! This is Dorn by the way, I'm wearing my thinking Aquila.
>>46932435
Kek.
>>
File: confused ferrus.jpg (31 KB, 401x303) Image search: [Google]
confused ferrus.jpg
31 KB, 401x303
>>46932745
Dorn has his Aquilas, Kurze his flayed stuff and Fulgrim his art collection, but what do the other Primarchs have?
>>
>>46933251
Papa Sang was into art but I suspect he uses molted feathers for pillows to hand out. Perturabo probably plays Dwarf Fortress or makes relic grade gear to calm his nerves. Ferrus and Big V also forge weapons and armor. Lorgar writes books, Alohapharius surfs, Magnus reads, El'Johnson writes poetry but I can't think of the others.
>>
>>46930202
Probably is excessive but the point is to illustrate how the EC are so obsessed with perfection. Think of it like the battle against the crystal aliens mentioned in book 1. The EC are tasked with holding an unimportant world that presumably won't see any action but they nonetheless spent their time garrisoned on the planet studying maps and preparing plans for if they were attacked. When they actually were attacked they had pre-planned positions to fall back to, firing lanes, and ambush points and uttlerly rekt the xenos until their ships turned their guns on the EC giving the Imperial Army ships the opportunity to wipe out the xenos fleet.

So your formation has been preparing for this battle for a long time, they hand picked the best marines for this mission, they drilled and studied maps for it and they launched their attack or whatever. However since the EC spent so much effort getting the best marines for the mission they obviously aren't numerous (you are spending at minimum like 20ish points per model for the vast majority of your army) and since the EC get butthurt when they look bad you will hand over victory points for having units wiped out (which won't be hard with the majority of your units being just ten guys in power armour) and have your units almost certainly lose combat if they lose a challenge.

I actually based a bit of it on Alpha Legion, with them handing over a victory point for suffering higher losses and their headhunter leviathal rite of war.
>>
What slot/detatchment will a Knight take if I use it along with a regular Legion army?

Sorry, can't access rulebook right now.
>>
>>46933495
>Mortarion has an entire room filled with china teacups, and another one filled with all kind of tea-making herbs.
>All tea-flavors are poisonous
>He has a cabinet with his special tea-mix
>The key ingredient: Phosphex.
>>
>>46934151
And the DG being Britbongs just keeps happening, not that I'm complaining.
>>
>>46933693
I loved the battle vs the crystal aliens! I think they even counted the time they were going to spend on each position and such.
>>
>>46933889
>What slot/detatchment will a Knight take if I use it along with a regular Legion army?

Ally, you would need a minimum of two knights (HQ and Troops).
>>
>>46934174
Everyone is a little british, not much of a surprise given this is a british-made gaem.
Lots of stuff is from either Albia or recruited worldwide (Albion is GB, sorry Albany).
Iron Hands, Death Guard and someone else I don't remember were Albian, while the IW and WE were recruited worldwide.
And the Dark Angels are modeled after the Knights of Camelot (the Lion is asleep like Arthur).
And then there's the Crimson Fists hispanic marines! Olé!
Srsly Alexis Pollux looks nothing like the Crimson Fists, his fist-mounted combi-weapon is the only thing supporting his nickname "The Crimson Fist".
And it's painted fucking yellow.
>>
>>46934188
Yep. Actually reminded me of when I used to play zombie escape maps on CSS. Everyone was so well versed on the maps that it was commonly understood how long you should hold each position and where you should stand to not get left behind or killed.
>>
>>46934276
The Iron Warriors were basically Gun Runners and Khârn's Russian. Also the other Albians were the Night Lords.
>Srsly Alexis Pollux looks nothing like the Crimson Fists, his fist-mounted combi-weapon is the only thing supporting his nickname "The Crimson Fist".
>And it's painted fucking yellow
Maybe he hasn't painted it red yet.
>>
>>46934276
>And then there's the Crimson Fists hispanic marines! Olé!
They were Dorn's least favorites. He went through all the trouble building that wall and instead of using it as defensive cover they just climbed right over it like it wasn't even there. And after Perturabo paid to make it no less.
>>
File: IW-IF-WE multicultural.png (746 KB, 1128x535) Image search: [Google]
IW-IF-WE multicultural.png
746 KB, 1128x535
>>46934336
I meant this. Kharn speaking with a russian accent doesn't just mean that the whole legion was russian.
>>46934541
Those are mexicans. Crimson Fists are Spanish.
>>
>>46929039
Loyalist, no question. Even if the traitors had won, that would still create a future where daemons raping your soul is an everyday occurrence, something I would not want to be part of the cause of.
>>
>>46929640
>Not sticking to your guns and taking as many traitors with you as possible

Spineless traitor tolerator
>>
>>46931373
Bangels. The new lore we have for them says that they were batshit fanatics for the Imperial Truth, and we even have a RoW detailing how they would rather go down kicking and screaming dragging traitors with them to oblivion than betray, even when they thought their legion was destroyed.
>>
File: wolffight.jpg (64 KB, 336x1000) Image search: [Google]
wolffight.jpg
64 KB, 336x1000
How will the new changes to Flyers affect HH?

At the moment it would seem flyers lose their ability to switch between air and ground shooting and only fighter type flyers get to fire at aerial targets. Possibly only aerial targets (so only snap fire against ground targets). Something like the Xiphon might become a fighter type. Wonder how they're going to handle the likes of Lightning, which serves both an interceptor and strike fighter role. Maybe the Ground-tracking Auguries enables it to switch its role from fighter to attach fighter?
>>
>>46936913
Honestly, GW probably will forget to give the 3 new stats to all of the FW flyers, as once again they have forgotten that FW exists.

Then, even if they do, it's going to be considered common courtesy to not use the dogfight phase, at least in HHG games.
>>
File: 1456664072184.png (160 KB, 790x1700) Image search: [Google]
1456664072184.png
160 KB, 790x1700
>>46929039
My weak opportunistic human heart says Chaos.

Empy looks at me, explains his dream and I am Loyalist. I mean, come on, if he'd showed up now, I'd follow him to hell and back.
>>
>>46937270
Doesn't mean FW won't end up giving them the roles. They did give their vehicles Hull points and switched structure points to hull points, didn't they? And made Russes Heavy instead of having the Behemoth rule. Why would they ignore flyer typing that other flyers will be getting? I even don't think the dogfight phase is what determines if flyers have skyfire or not. It's just for flyer on flyer action. A fighter would still be limited to an AA role and would probably suck in ground shooting.
>>
File: 1439255190348.png (923 KB, 656x668) Image search: [Google]
1439255190348.png
923 KB, 656x668
>>46929780
Not really, they needed to pull off the dropsite massacre first and gather their forces before attacking Terra. Remember, the original traitor legions were only the Sons of Horus, World Eaters, Emperors Children and Death Guard. They could never take on Terra on their own.

The survivors of the Istvaan III virus bombing did delay a decent force of the traitors thought, and bought Terra some extra time to prep. The bombing was supposed to be a quick victory, which turned into a brutal prolonged cityfight. It wasn't all wasted for the traitors, since it allowed them to gain experience fighting other astartes, giving them an edge at the dropsite massacre.
>>
>>46929872
>>46929976
There is also the short story Distant Echoes of Old Night and The Lion, the latter which features Thyphon.
>>
>>46929976
The DG are also featured in Vengeful Spirit.
>>
Just finished Path of Heaven. FUCK YOU to the spoileranon that said the Khan and Fulgrim threw down and the duel was disappointing. Fulgrim isn't even in the damn book.

That being said, Chris Wraight still knows what he's doing. Not his strongest showing, but still above the fold. The Sagyar Mazan had an AMAZING sendoff.
>>
>>46934276
If are from the Saxona cluster :^)
>>
>>46928649
Hey guys, is there a colour scheme preparation thing for SA like there is for most Spess Marines nowadays?
>>
>>46929039
paint myself green, pretend to be an ork
if it fails - be loyal
>>
>>46930382
The larger wolf skulls on SW might work.
>>46931373
>UM
>Unlikely to betray
Anon almost all of them betrayed, see: Imperium Secundus.
>>
>>46937396
I'm talking about word of the treason getting out. The survivors and Angron added several weeks to Istvaan 3, but no one would even be aware that Horus was traitor had it not been because of the Eisenstein
>>
Is it ever explained how Calleb Decima got off Isstvann III? 1d4chan Taghmata tactics has rules for him after he escaped Isstvaan II.
>>
>>46938723
>Anon almost all of them betrayed, see: Imperium Secundus
When will this meme end?
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cvKRbi2ovDY
Sigismund's theme song yay or nay?
>>
>>46939317
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b11-37Me_a4
>>
>>46939325
Nice. I always have this in my head when I imagine Siggy fighting traitors at the Siege https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gvAch1Xtxvg https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WQ-_9Idoycw not sure why.
>>
>>46938778
You're right about that.
>>
>>46939317
What would be good Death Guard themes?
>>
>>46939518
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ZZ_KlyqWNI
>>
>>46939518
Something morbid and British.
>>
>>46939518

Not sure, but there is only one theme song for the Thousand Sons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGKNaIXtBZQ
>>
>>46939554
>>46939518

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zSowOS4Wyg

More British, but seems more Iron Warrior-y.
>>
>>46939588
This is oddly specific. If not the TK at least Ahriman's
>>
File: nothing to be afraid of.png (31 KB, 303x73) Image search: [Google]
nothing to be afraid of.png
31 KB, 303x73
>>46939612
Well those were very dumb tactics, I don't quite grasp how they could work.
This one could be a paranoid Warsmith's song.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TarlykOCZvQ
>>
>>46939675
Not really.

That was the age of maneuver and grand strategy, grabbing superior ground for artillery and whatnot.

And you would see how "stupid" these tactics would be against medieval style enemies.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_NYNuAdIv0
Word Bearers
>>
File: Anvillus.jpg (33 KB, 435x140) Image search: [Google]
Anvillus.jpg
33 KB, 435x140
I take it this means a Dreadclaw Drop Pod can be a DT to my Red Butchers, right?
>>
>>46939554
>>46939556
Did the DG recruit from what would be Britain? I don't remember that part of the fluff.
>>
>>46934203
Just one troops. Questoris Knight force org is 1 HQ, 1 Troops minimum
>>
>>46939612
That song is comfy as fuck for some reason.
>>
So do you doods think warhammer fest will be when a lot of the stuff they've previewed goes on sale?

New heavy knight, admech flyer, etc.
>>
File: Iron Warrior Banner italian.jpg (66 KB, 468x509) Image search: [Google]
Iron Warrior Banner italian.jpg
66 KB, 468x509
>>46939705
No, as in, regarding the rifle as a stick where you could mount a bayonet on. Maneuver is indeed a key aspect...but not issuig the command "Fortify on sight!" is a mistake :^)
>Casualty lists from several battles in the 18th century showed that in many, fewer than 2% of all wounds treated were caused by bayonets.
They did often scare the enemy into fleeing though. I would like to see what'd happen if the enemy didn't flee, because I love the concept of Arditii, who were pretty much WW2's despoilers
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arditi
>>
File: albian marines.png (6 MB, 1430x1935) Image search: [Google]
albian marines.png
6 MB, 1430x1935
>>46939870
HH1
>>46939838
I'd say so.
>>
>>46939990
Cheers!
>>
>>46939990
The thing that confuses me is that some Legion-specific Terminators have it as an option in the unit entry, and others, Red Butchers in this case, don't.
>>
>>46940043
Could you quickly remind me who gets it specified?
>>
>>46940095
Justaerins and Lernaeans. No one else does if memory serves me.
>>
>>46940120
Should have written it before, but SoHs don't count because their units get more access to it. Learnean's entry is probably redundant - it wouldn't be the first time it happens in a FW publication.
>>
>>46929751
Oh I'm not denying that, simply saying that nobody had an easier time remaining loyal than Kyr. If you served on the flagship of your primarch and tried to remain loyal you would probably just end up shot in the head accomplishing nothing. Not saying that you shouldn't remain loyal under those circumstances but you have far less chance of surviving or accomplishing something meaningful before you die than someone in Kyr's position.
>>
File: legion of one.jpg (631 KB, 2560x1440) Image search: [Google]
legion of one.jpg
631 KB, 2560x1440
>>46940175
If you were loyal, chances are you were already under attack on the ground. That's how most loyalist found out about the heresy anyway: by getting shot at.
>>
>>46940095
>>46940120
Went through the Red Book, yes, it's just those two legion-specifics.
>>46940159
What's funny is that a page before Justaerins is the Anvillus for SoH and it specifies Justaerins as eligible to take it as a DT.
I think it's a simple oversight as well, but I don't see lists with legion-specific termies riding a dreadclaw at all.
>>
>>46936913
They already mention the likes of the Lightning as an attack flyer. It is capable of engaging both air and ground targets.
>>
>>46940218
I almost never see Dreadclaws at all anyway. It's always double Spartan, or a Kharybdis if they really want to deep strike.
But Termies in Dreadclaws can work extremely well, especially Justaerin. I don't see why melee-focused termies wouldn't benefit from it. I guess I'll try my hand at such a list.
>>
>>46939675
>Well those were very dumb tactics, I don't quite grasp how they could work.
Well from the later years of WW1 up until WW2 there was a concept for trench breaching warfare known as walking fire. The concept was that you give everyone a light machinegun of some sort (for example a BAR) and have every man just walk forward while dumping all the fire on the enemy they can. The theory was that every soldier would be a machinegunner and due to everyone firing they could effectively suppress the enemy as they advanced. Of course this ignored that most casualties in conventional warfare during the 20th century came from artillery and mortars which cannot be suppressed by machinegun fire.
>>
>>46940266
The Reaping :^)
>>
>>46940255
I'm asking because of the same reason - I dislike 10-man massed elites and Spartans are overused, while Kharybdis still takes up a HS slot.
>>
So i stopped playing 40k around 2013 and im thinking of getting into 30k since i played chaos back then but i know almost nothing about the 30k fluff, what the fuck is the beareversor?
>>
>>46940209
And the luck ones got a chance to shoot back.
>>
>>46940490
>played chaos
>doesn't know about the horus heresy
This simply has to be a bait.
>>
>>46940490
An Eversor is a human pumped full of chemicals to make him a melee monster. A Bearversor is an already powerful bear turned into an Eversor, steming from a question in threads past "would you try to solve Perty and Dorn's differences or fight a polar bear?".
Your pic is the Beardicare sniper assassin.
>>
>>46940490
The result of a Prizzly bear getting fused with an Eversor.
>>
>>46940708
i know about shit from the codex but not the novels.
>>
>>46940721
Okay, that is the single fucking greatest thing ive read this week, thank you.
>>
>>46940490
This post is unbearable.
>>
>>46940784
you must bear witness.
>>
File: image.png (1 MB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 1680x1050
>>46940784
One of the missing legions wasn't purged. They were banished for making too many bear puns, and can only return when they get new material or stop with the bear puns.
>>
>>46940767
Half the people here don't read them because some writers are atrocious. Besides, FW does a pretty good job regarding fluff, links are in the OP if you're interested.
>>
>>46940822
in the deathwatch rpg i played a librarian from the "astro bears" chapter, suffice to say, shit got grizzly.
>>
>>46940778
thnks m8
Bears are scary tho
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xl3cyb2qMg
>>
File: 30k beavis and butthead.jpg (180 KB, 685x499) Image search: [Google]
30k beavis and butthead.jpg
180 KB, 685x499
>>46940822
The Bearminators of the Grizzly guard, supported by Bearnoughts, Bearvastators and tactical Bearines.
Fuuck you, space wolves! A new spess animal is in town.
>>
>>46940843
I am pretty keen to remake my word bearers, that zardu layak model is sooo sweet.
>>
>>46940910
The one true BEARers of the Word :^)
>>
>>46940910
Zardu is cool as fuck.

Unsure where to put him though.
A proteus with explorer array might be a good idea, at least you don't waste any transport cabapility.
>>
>>46940910
Check Gal Vorbak (both rules and models) if you haven't yet.
>>
>>46941116
Gal Vorbak are godly.

You can even run them as troops.

Amazing stuff.

Soo..gal Vorback rite with them as troops and zardu and a level 2 librarian shitting out malefic demonology sounds a bit cheesy..but fun.

Mostly interested in supporting the Gal vorbak with it though.
>>
>>46941135
GV are never scoring though, so the rite isn't great. Not to mention they had deep strike already, so there isn't really much point in giving them Anvillus
>>
>>46941168
Mobility and protection when they deep strike, not to mention they flame stuff on arrival? But yeah, it's a 100pts tax on a unit that will kill stuff, but can't score
>>
>>46941168
>>46941188

Thought about supporting them with Zardus Troop Ashen circle or, even more fun, 20 man tac blobs that also pin people with their arrival thanks to the rite.

I think that has its merits, even though I am not the best of players.
>>
>>46929567
From the novels etc it's just commander as in commander Bran
When they get home corax splits the chapters or squads into the talons and the raptors etc but the officer in charge is just commander

Branne Nev, Commander of the Raptors
Agapito Nev, Commander of the Talons
Solaro An, Commander of the Hawks
Aloni Tev, Commander of the Falcons
>>
>>46929640
> cause reactor meltdown
> blow up ship killing traitor primarch
> ????profit
>>
>>46929039
Loyalist. The idea of betraying my own race is retarded to me.
>>
>>46929754
>tfw iron hands' primarch is called ferrus manus but the iron warriors one isn't called ferrus guerrierus
Perturabo is a retarded name for a retarded primarch of a retarded chapter played by retarded people
>>
>>46941459
You sound pretty bitter. Are you sure you're not an iron warrior?
>>
I posted a list a couple of threads ago and got some good feedback. I have since changed things and would love some opinions

Death Guard, 2000 points
RoW: Pride of the Legion

HQ:
Siege breaker
+Artificer Armor
+Refractor Field
+Phosphex Bomb
+Melta Bombs

Librarian
+ML 2
+Cataphract Armor
+Power Scythe

Praetor
+Cataphract Armor
+Digital Lasers
+Master-crafted Paragon Blade

TROOPS:
Siege Breaker Squad
+Sgt. Artificer Armor
+Sgt. Melta bombs
+Meltaguns

Deathshroud Terminators
+3 Terminators
+Melta Bombs

Deathshroud Terminators
+3 Terminators

Deathshroud Terminators
+3 Terminators

ELITES:
Quad Launcher Battery
+2 Batteries
+Phosphex

HEAVY SUPPORT:
Medusa
+Phosphex

Heavy Support Squad
+Missile Launchers
+Flakk
>>
>>46941439
>betraying my own race
Lorgar wanted to enlighten humanity.
>>
>>46941533
Not sure about phosphex medusae, especially if you've got quad launchers bringing it too. While quad launchers can choose what to shoot, doesn't taking phosphex on a medusa mean you can't fire the S10 AP2 shot any more? Or have they changed that?
>>
>>46941568
Yes it does replace the normal shell.
I really like Phosphex
>>
>>46941459
Luckily they are a Legion and not a chapter :^)
>>
>>46941533
you've not got many dudes, but do Deathshrouds come in starting squads of 5 or 3? I thought it was 3 but I think I'm wrong. PotL doesn't give DS to termis, so along with the DG's lack of running they're going to be seriously slow and see little action. Also a couple vindicators or medusae are going to delete those termis, and if all your termis die thats another secondary objective for your opponent.
>>
If we grab the First captains from all the legions and throw them in a fighting tournament.

Who would win?
>>
>>46941868
Sigismund
>>
File: lucius vs loken.webm (421 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
lucius vs loken.webm
421 KB, 640x360
>>46941868
whoever throws away hi weapon and starts punching noses and headbutting
>>
>>46941868
Depending on whether the matches are 1vs1 or a big brawl. If former, Sigismund, if latter, Kharn or Sevatar.
>>
>>46941771
Deathshroud come in pairs, so his +3 adittional dudes take each squad to five, and they can run because Tartaros armour doesn't slow marines down. But yeah, they're too few and footsloggin on a table where AP2 blasts are too common.

Say, AA units. Are they ever enough or will the flyer always get through?
>>
>>46941893
Or Tarvitz against lucius.

I wish Tarvitz had better rules...
>>
>>46941932
I like Xyphons, they royally fuck other fliers.
>>
>>46941868
How is this even a question? Kor Phaeron wipes the floor with the other First Captains, duh.
>>
>>46941932
Unless they have like 48" range, and have skyfire/interceptor, the plane will always get at least one round of kraken penetrators off.
Makes me sad for a mortis with two kheres. It has to be front and center to cover most of the board. And you don't want that thing front and center where any unit can tarp it all game.
>>
File: d4f.jpg (224 KB, 900x563) Image search: [Google]
d4f.jpg
224 KB, 900x563
>>46942038
>Half astartes
Dat T3 tho.
>>
>>46942068
I was talking about two Deredeos with Aiolos missiles, mainly. 48" S8 Sunder weapons backed with 60" missiles (but S6)
>>
Are there any World Eaters-centric novels besides the Calth arc? I know there's an audio book about Kharn but I don't remember if that's post heresy or not.
>>
>>46942079
I can't wait for Luther to be T4. Just to stick it to Kor Phaeron again.
>>
What happened to warrior lodges in loyal legions?
>>
>>46942181
Purged/Sent out on penance missions/Were never a threat.
See Sagyar Mazian, Predation fleets and Dorn's "Division is weakness"
>>
>>46942239
Cant trace it on google. Can you give me the source?
>>
>>46942094
48" range? Check.
S8 sunder? Check.
The doritio gets the job done. I just wish it didn't look retarded.
>>
File: fftEJvxQQqI.jpg (107 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
fftEJvxQQqI.jpg
107 KB, 960x720
>>46942239
Nuh.
Dorn's Division is weakness thing was on a IF termie description in book 3. Sagyar mazan are on book 6, they're White Scars who were going to side with Horus.

Predation Fleets are RG Terran vets. Horus was very close to them as the RG had gone without a primarch for too long, so that's how lodges got into the DG. But Corax had cast them away, so it wasn't a problem. Someone may correct me on the details, listen to them.
>>
>>46942445
This was for >>46942331, lel
>>
>>46942412
Riiiight, what's better designed than a metal box with legs anyway?
>Tipping over? What's that?
>>
>>46942445
what actually broke the lodges in the Raven Guard was Horus throwing the XIX into the kill-zones at Gate 42. Most of the guys who got shredded were Terran RG who tried to back Horus' plan when Corax objected, so he threw up his hands and said fine, we'll go with Operation Run In Screaming. Since they made up the backbone of the lodges' structure, without them it just collapsed and nobody in the XIX was interested in reviving them.

Sending out the hardcore Terrans in the predation fleets probably didn't help, but the book more directly blames the losses at Gate 42.
>>
>>46942539
It blames Corax sending the survivors away in the same breath. Most lodge members who survived Gate 42 wound up getting shipped off in the Predation fleets.

Corax accidentally purged his legion of traitorous elements.
>>
anyone found a source yet for Path to Heaven?

i know they gave out a couple 100 copies at some event.
>>
>>46942445
I know its art for a diff book, but I've always pictured that art as the moment Hibou Khan cuts off half of Little Horus' head.
>>
>>46941771
Last time I posted I was told I had too few Deathshoud and I should drop a breacher squad for them so it's one extra unit before my opponent gains an objective. I could drop a squad and switch things around for a Spartan? I could also switch the Besalisk to normal shells and get Krak for the mortars to pop tanks.

There's also not a lot of AP 2 shooting in my meta if that matters
>>
>>46942481
A contemptor with braced legs (maybe toes on the sides as well for extra stability and Tau style foot anchor), big shoulder mounted guns (so just the dorido guns) and a beefed up havoc launcher as the missile launcher?

The HB/flamer is useless since it's not bringing much to the table and can't be used for AA fire. And making the unit huge wasn't needed. It could have just been a beefier Mortis, but they had to make a mono torpedo tit with fat legs.
>>
>>46942161
Lord of the Red Sands
Betrayer
The Eightfold Path
>>
>>46942759
>archive
>/HHG/
>ctrl+f zippyshare
>>
File: lord of the red sands.png (273 KB, 2824x842) Image search: [Google]
lord of the red sands.png
273 KB, 2824x842
>>46942161
>>
>>46943209
Audio version is much, much better.
>>
>>46928649
Damnit OP you had one job.
Use the standard /hhg/ OP picture so I can easily find the thread when on auto-pilot mode.
>>
>>46943313
So, it's an audio drama like Butcher's nails? I loved that one, but havent read or listened to anythig since the hideous Fear to tread audiobook, where everyone is voiced by the same dude. Even Sanguinius and the female captain
>>
>>46943437
Yeah, short ones are usually dramas with background sounds and such, and much better than the novels. Except the Chosen of Khorne, I've been hearing chainsaw revving for a week after I had listened to it.
>>
>>46943596
You say it as if that was a bad thing.
>>
>>46943700
Oh it wasn't, but you know, a man wants to sleep every now and then.
>>
>>46939990
Do you have the image which shows where each legion recruited from anon?
>>
>>46943849
no
>>
File: 573478683.jpg (10 KB, 251x241) Image search: [Google]
573478683.jpg
10 KB, 251x241
>>46943982
Oh... o-ok.
>>
>>46943437
There's also Templar. It revolves around Sigismund, but part 5 is him and Kharn.
And also Virtues of the Sons features Flesh Tearer and Kharn still before the Heresy.
>>
>>46929039
As a Luna Wolf player, that disgusts me to no end. Mankind forever
>>
>>46944099
How different things would have been if they had stayed the Luna Wolves and the Blood Angels or Ultramarines had fallen in their place
>>
File: Terran Legionaires low pixels.jpg (76 KB, 960x960) Image search: [Google]
Terran Legionaires low pixels.jpg
76 KB, 960x960
>>46943849
>>46944046
It's tiny, and there's the Albia confusion (UK/Albania), but I have it
>>
>>46944168
The Luna Wolves and Hounds (World Eaters) also got recruits from the floating hive plates suspended in the atmosphere. Essentially floating continents
>>
Besides the name "Horus", is there anything egyptian in the XVI legion?
>Thousand sons, the egypt legion
>Father named "Magnus"
>>
>>46941868
Ahriman would psychic their shit up
>>
>>46944328
The Eye of Horus, some of the Cthonian gangs must have been Egyptian because they bore Egyptian names, Cthonian kill and tribal marks are vaguely Egyptian in nature.
>>
>>46944387
Sevatar was a psyker too and was probably one of the most skilled fighters among all the astartes. Plus Typhon was also a psyker.
>>
File: 1460401247188.jpg (362 KB, 1280x1638) Image search: [Google]
1460401247188.jpg
362 KB, 1280x1638
>>46941868
Does Kharn qualify? He might as well have been first captain.
>>
>>46941168
They have deep strike? Huh I didn't notice that.
>>
>>46943700
That picture is wrong. Khârn should be the embarrassed one.
>>
>>46944528
None of them are trained in using their gifts.
>>
>>46944766
Typhus did some training as a kid before becoming a marine.
>>
>>46941981
Me too, but you could always run him as a Praetor if you want to.
>>
>>46944619
He pretty much was, in all but name.
>>
>>46944795
No, he did when he became a marine, but only a little bit because Morty wasn't too found of psykers and told the libbys to stop.
>>
>>46944766
And Ahriman is a worthless fighter. Fuck ever Lucius the mentally disabled defeated the best swordsman in the Thousand Sons legion.
>>
File: First_Captain_Abaddon.jpg (202 KB, 705x577) Image search: [Google]
First_Captain_Abaddon.jpg
202 KB, 705x577
Was First Captain Top not said to be a pretty amazing fighter? Surprised nobody's mentioned him. I know his rules don't reflect that so much, but then neither do Sev's (and there's a load of First Captains we don't have rules for).
>>
>>46944901
Khârn was able to wrestle Angron in older lore.
>>
>>46944901
Abaddon embodied the nature of the SoH as pit-fighters. He was savage and relentless, using his fist and terminator armor as a bludgeon. He wasn't the best sword fighter or duelist (that title belongs to Loken) but in an all out brawl he would probably come out on top
>>
>>46945010
You forgot to add the fact that he is a big guy.
>>
>>46945057
For you.
>>
>>46945057
That meme has showed up in these threads so many times it's gotten old.
>>
>>46942481
Yes, let's argue "better designed" in a fantasy space opera. Idiot.
It's not of being better or worse designed it's just a matter of the doritio looking stupid with its huge gut.
>>
>>46945090
>it's gotten old.
For you.
>>
>>46945090
Only because we can't post the good Brazzers webms alongside it.
>>
>>46945158
>>46945090

I recommend getting this cranial temperated gentelmqn out of here.
>>
>>46941533
>>46942938
Bump? I've been told two very different things and I would love some additional input
>>
>>46944328
Prospero's not Egyptian either, it's the name of a sorcerer from a Shakespeare play.
>>
File: Object-279-Soviet-heavy-tank-3.jpg (154 KB, 800x523) Image search: [Google]
Object-279-Soviet-heavy-tank-3.jpg
154 KB, 800x523
>>46945100
I don't understand why people get mat about the Deredeo's chest, it reminds me of pic related.

Meanwhile, the Castraferrum is a metul box! As in, look at it, it's a box! How could that not look stupid?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s58o5P__hYo
>>
>>46945278
Huh? Magnus literally means great, and Prospero, come on, it's simply prosperous.

Shakespeare made up words, but not these ones.
>>
>>46945367
Magnus is latin, prospero as a word is spanish, 1ksons arent particularly egyptian, they seem to be a mix of mystic/pyramid cultures and pop culture mysticism.
>>
>>46945321
People love the boxman.
>>
>>46929342
oh my god that's fucking amazing
>>
>>46945432
Much of the spanish language comes from latin anyways. After all, Magnus becomes Magno in spanish, almost the same thing.
>1ksons arent particularly egyptian
>Pyramids
>Scarabs (Sekhmet)
>Phosis T'Kar, Hathor fucking Maat, Apophis, Amon, among several others
>Egyptian glyphs.
>Psionic Titans :^)
They're probably japanese :^)
>>
>>46945432
>pop culture mysticism
I never thought about it like that before.

As for egyptian references, rubric is something like instructions for a ritual. The oligarchic hierarchy also seems to fit, scribes and priests enjoying a high status. Magic was pervasive and everything was rife with symbolic actions or properties, and metaphysical existence was considered important: A persons spirit would live on as long as its likeness existed or its name written. There are scrolls threatening gods "don't fuck this up OR ELSE".
>>
>>46945844
>A persons spirit would live on as long as its likeness existed or its name written
The Rubric Marines fit into that? At least they know no pain and evil now.
>>
>>46944619
He was 8th captain when Angron was found. After that, the legion master and the first seven captains mysteriously dissapear from legion records. So it's up to you.
>>
>>46946131
>It's up to you
Aren't their corpses explicitly shown on the chamber where Angron is punching Kharn? Didn't we even get some of Angron's buddies names there?
What was that short story called again?
>>
>>46945321
>it reminds me of pic related.

And pic related has a reason for the shape, because it's suppose to be for nuclear war and the saucer shape would help it to not get thrown around in a blast as the shockwave would distribute evenly over and under it.

Now what's the reason the deredeo has the prov and not a regular dread shape? Why does it need the massive body when a regular contemptor is perfectly capable of carrying auto and assault cannons and missile launchers on it?

>Castraferrum is a metul box

Protip, so is 90% of Marine vehicles.
>>
>>46945884
Eh, I don't know about that in particular. The egyptians did have somewhat of an obsession with the afterlife though, to go on living in the next world. Like the Warp? And rubric marines are pretty much daemons. I digress. I don't think they're a direct parallel, more of like thematically similar.
>>
>>46946334
How are Rubrics daemons?
>>
>>46946131
>first seven captains mysteriously dissapear from legion records.

So Angron punched them so hard he erased them from the records? lol.
>>
>>46946236
>And pic related has a reason for the shape
I'm aware of it. I even got the name right you know?
>Now what's the reason the deredeo has the prov and not a regular dread shape?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sloped_armour
A curved shape can be seen as a form of sloped armour, unlike the boxnought's flat shapes (...but eeeeverything is a flat shape anyways, like AV14 LRs).

People like curved predators, why not curved Deredeos?
>>
>>46946227
Only if you've read After Desh'ea.
>>
>>46946399
Not literally, but they exist only ad their spiritual essence and they used to have the same weaknesses and vulnerabilities as daemons (and would randomly get sucked away when Warp Drain was played).

Maybe not daemons. Warp entities?
>>
>>46946236
It's a throwback to the RT days, just like many things in HH.
>>
>>46946227
His Khornate friends' names are mentioned either in that short story or in Betrayer, not sure anymore.
>>46946410
Eh, the XII legion wasn't famous for its book-keeping skills.
>>
>>46946564
>"ceramic armour is also best when mounted more vertically, as maintaining the same area density requires the armour be thinned as it is sloped and the ceramic fractures earlier because of its reduced normal thickness."

Ceramite is in a lot of Imperial vehicle armour.
>>
File: warp out.gif (2 MB, 624x352) Image search: [Google]
warp out.gif
2 MB, 624x352
>>46946706
They are souls (...kinda) magically stored in a container. Gotta be more vulnerable to warp-cancelling tricks than the average mook.
>>
>>46946728
>It's a throwback to the RT days

The deredeo of RT was about the same as the deredeo and furibundus. Unless you're referring to the space crusade and epic Chaos dreadnoughts, which look nothing like the deredeo nor function anything like it.
>>
>>46946797
Kind of like wraithguard, except not as conscious. I'm not sure they know that they're dead.
>>
>>46946870
I'm talking about the overall roundness
>>
>>46946564
>A curved shape can be seen as a form of sloped armour
It is sloped armour, not it can be seen as a form of it. Regardless modern munitions are confusing, due to the way Long Rod Penetrators (big tungsten or depleted uranium arrows tanks shoot) sloped armour is starting to be seen as somewhat counterproductive. Put simply an LRP will dig into the armour and negate the effective thickness as it digs in. Think of it kind of like the shut curving into the armour to ignore most of the line of sight thickness. This has lead to the idea of countersloping, which despite its name doesn't involve weird slopes, it just involves actively making tank armour unangled or extremely angled. So a modern tank is likely to have almost no slope (like 80 degrees from the horizontal) or an extreme slope (like 10 degrees from the horizontal plane). A good example of this off the top of my head is the Abrams, the lower front plate of the Abrams is barely angled and thick as hell, the upper front plate is practically horizontal and much thinner.

Beyond that shot traps don't really exist in modern tanks, the velocity LRPs hit their targets at means that they have almost no chance to ricochet unless an active attempt is made to do it. Think of it like trying to skip a rock over a lake, it is possible but you need a very small angle to do so.
>>
>>46946870
FURIBUNDUS WHEN?
Hey Emps, you might want to convert the golden throne into a dreadnought form. Because...reasons
>>
>>46946236
>>46946564
>>46946796
Y'all need some spaced, sloped electrically-charged reactive amour. Surrounded with slats. AV15 minimum, gets a -2 to the penetration table and ignores crew shaken/stunned. I wonder how would that thing even look like.
>>46947086
Such is the arms race.
>>
>>46947097
before saturnine
after bullock jetbikes
>>
File: no.gif (2 MB, 240x196) Image search: [Google]
no.gif
2 MB, 240x196
>>46947298
>before Saturnine
>>
>>46947347
>implying we'll ever get saturnine
>implying FW wont just make more contemptor variants
>>
File: space-crusade-dreadnoughts.jpg (59 KB, 800x493) Image search: [Google]
space-crusade-dreadnoughts.jpg
59 KB, 800x493
I just want rules for the space crusade dread...
>>
>>46947533
Aren't Vorax an updated version of ye olde Imperial Robots?
>>
>>46947533
The angry faces make it cause fear.
>>
>>46947533
>oh herro
>you want fight grorrious imperium?
>fuck you have missire
>>
>>46947632
Chuckled.
>>
File: 1431567208873.jpg (97 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1431567208873.jpg
97 KB, 600x600
The Codex Astartes was a genius piece of strategic and political reorganisation and was exactly what the Imperium needed after the Battle of Terra.
Once the main organisation and fighting mass of the traitor legions had been destroyed at the battle of Terra, the Imperium needed to organise small, self-sustaining "fire-brigade" units to rapidly respond to localised threats while still maintaining the ability to mass for the sake of large-scale campaigns.
Having a single legion under the command of one man, even a Primarch, would lead to Quixotic crusades that would waste the strength of the Astartes rather than put them to better use defending what the Great Crusade and the loyalist side in the Heresy had secured.
The best example of this is the battle of the Iron Cage, where Dorn sent the entirety of the remainder of the Imperial Fists Legion against the Iron Warriors at an extreme tactical disadvantage for no reason other than revenge. By the time it was over, and only with help from the Ultrasmurfs, there were only enough Imperial Fists left for three Second Founding chapters. Imagine how much stronger the Imperium would be with only another half-dozen Imperial Fists successors of the second founding, even if the actual number of chapters that could have been made from the pre-Cage Imperial Fists was much more than that.
Guilliman didn't accomplish much during the Heresy, and had little claim to authority after the Emperor's "death", but he did the Imperium good, and did what the Emperor intended for him, by instituting the Codex and the new Administratum system.
I say this as an Imperial Fists player.

Discuss.
>>
>>46949270
>Frog posting

Should be a bannable offense.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 51

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.