[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Your party is travelling through a dark forest. Suddenly, you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: litwick.png (37 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
litwick.png
37 KB, 250x250
Your party is travelling through a dark forest. Suddenly, you notice a weird creature giving off a purple glow. You can see it waving one of its arms as it begins to move deeper into the forest. Maybe it wants to guide you through the woods?

What do you do?
>>
>>46866015
Get out my Pokedex and scan it, of course.
>>
Damn that is one cute Pokémon. Would definitely follow.
>>
>>46866015
It's a ghost Pokémon, always assume it's going to try to kill you.
>>
>>46866015

gonna follow that little bastard straight to the haunted mansion it's trying to trap me in, obviously
>>
>>46866082
>>46866151

As you walk after it through the woods you feel you start to slow down... you feel weaker, somehow. The creature is still beckoning you on, smiling, keeping itself out of reach.
>>
>Litwick shines a light that absorbs the life energy of people and Pokémon, which becomes the fuel that it burns. While shining a light and pretending to be a guide, it leeches off the life force of any who follow it.

Yeah, I didn't remember litwick's entry at all, but "assume the pokéghost is going to kill you" was correct yet again.
>>
>>46866104
This. Unless it's the anime, but the anime is about the least canon source of Pokemon information in existence.
>>
>>46866218
Alright, here's the thing. I'm bringing out my Sneasel.

Get to work, Sneasel.
>>
>>46866015
SPOOKED HOLY SHIT

bail the woods, go back home, never go adventuring again, go to school like mom said, talk to counselor to get over PTSD, get a job and a wife, stay in village forever
>>
>>46866015
I follow it.
If it's benevolent, lucky me.
If it's malicious, once I kill it the world will be a safer place.
>>
>>46866957
>sending out an ice type against a fire type

Oh shit nigga, what are you doing?
>>
>>46866015
I beat it to a pulp until it wants to join my party. That's how these monster collecting games work, right?
>>
>>46866015
>Pokemon that sounds related to or inspired by will-o'-wisps
Yeah, staying the fuck away from that unless I have some serious anti-whatever it is measures on hand.
>>
>>46868532
Sneasel is also Dark vs. the Ghost-typing of the candle, plus a lot faster. Although if it's an ambush, then Sneasel is certainly fucked.
>>
>>46868642
Ghost/Fire. So Greninja to counter I guess?
>>
>>46866015
I wanna fuck that pokemon...
>>
>>46868774
>Using a meme starter
>Not using the giant Water/Dark crawfish
That Mega-evolving sellout of a shark can get fucked, too.
>>
>>46868774
Doesn't it have an ability which changes its typing when it attacks? Not all that useful.

I have to agree that the lobster is probably a better choice except that Tyranitar resists both as well.
>>
>>46868983
That's its hidden ability. Its normal ability is the same that all Water starters get, the one that boosts the damage of Water moves when its health gets low.
>>
>>46869083
Torrent.

Grass gets Overgrow.
>>
>>46866015
I go on my way. Once I return to the ranch, I'll talk to the local monster association rep on what I saw and he'll tell me how to acquire the creature through Disc Stones.
>>
>>46868870
You'd be right at home on /vp/ then.
>>
>>46866015
I cast Death Ward to resist its negative energy effect.
>>
>>46866015
This is folk tale 101: never follow a spirit deeper into the woods.
>>
>>46872834
You could expand that to 'Never follow a plot hook to the forest' and you'd be golden. Stay on the path, never split the party, don't poke it, don't listen to mysterious strangers, that's the way to do it!
>>
>>46866015
Leave that fucking forest as quickly as possible. Preferably in the direction we wanted to go through, but we'll backtrack if need be. Also take shifts to ensure at least one person is watching the thing. We aren't falling for the "follow the friendly looking ghost" trick a third time, GM.
>>46868715
>Not houndooming it's shit

You'd still have the dark type advantage man.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.