[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Warmahordes General
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 18
File: Warmahordes master race.jpg (241 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
Warmahordes master race.jpg
241 KB, 1920x1200
Whiney bitches be crying edition.

from omg changes to casuals games matter.

Remember dudes and dudettes. Play nice with one another. We all benefit from this new edition.

Warmachine/Hordes Books, No Quarter, & IKRPG
textuploader <dot> com / 5wm4h
PP Youtube (gameplay tutorials, tournament coverage, and announcements)
https://www.youtube.com/user/PrivateerPressPrime
List building at
https://www.forwardkommander.com
http://schlaf.github.io/whac_online/whac.html
Latest Errata
http://privateerpress.com/files/WM%20MKII%20Rules%20Errata%20Jan%202016.pdf
Steamroller Rules
http://privateerpress.com/organized-play/steamroller-tournaments
The Giant List of Podcasts and Blogs
http://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?76379-Warmachine-Hordes-related-blogs-websites-and-forums
Table of contents for all NQ issues
http://www.privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?4313-Table-Of-Contents-For-All-No-Quarter-Issues
Abridged Lore
gargantuans abridged:http://pastebin.com/XPKMKYUc
hordes abridged:http://pastebin.com/6D1fwSgv
Exigence abridged: http://pastebin.com/6D1fwSgv

Lexicanum Iron Kingdoms Lore wiki:
http://warmachine.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
>>
that's not very nice of you OP
>>
Wouldn't really call that a good choice of an OP image.

Just invites assholes on both sides.

Anyways, I'm super fucking curious about the Archangel. I want to see if they didn't change anything but what they've talked about, because otherwise it does not feel worth it.
>>
on a not shitposting note:

I wonder if they're going to make a full blown 3magnus or if they'll just make eMagnus into a Cygnar ally. I always felt like the alternate Magnus from the Lions Coup rules was actually pretty cool since he was an infantry caster and I'm wondering if they'll try to do that again with his new incarnation for Cygnar
>>
Mordikaar2 please. I'm sorry but, "He's in the stomach of the Devourer Wurm" isn't how this shit is going to end. Especially since he's literally the only non-Cryx character to have actually cheated death. Give me my Lich-Lord Mordikaar you fucks.
>>
>>46859975
Didn't Harbinger die?
>>
>>46859975
>Lich-Lord Mordikaar you fucks.
Oh, yeah, that reminds me. Cross-faction casters are probably going to be more of a thing in the future (What with Caine all but confirmed for going Merc).

As a Trollblood player I can't really see how that would work, though. Warlocks are very particular about what beasts they can use. I can see, say, a circle warlock being infected and joining Everblight, but I can't imagine how someone would cross over into Trollbloods.
>>
>>46859601

Enjoy legion fagget:

The Archangel is now SPD 7 and is the first gargantuan or colossal to have a rule that allows it to move outside of its normal movement in Deceptively Mobile (I argued really hard that it should be called Insanely Fast, but I was overruled). Deceptively Mobile simply says that at the end of an activation this model did not run or fail a charge it can advance up to 3", then its activation ends. This rule replaced the Archangel's Ride By Attack but I think in the end you'll quickly see it was well worth the trade as this nimble gargantuan effectively gained 4" of potential movement.

Oh and its RAT went up to 6. So it's way more accurate with those d3+1 AOE 3 POW 14 dragon fire shots!
>>
File: harbinger of mennoth.png (507 KB, 723x1024) Image search: [Google]
harbinger of mennoth.png
507 KB, 723x1024
>>46860127
yea and they brought her back. can't go killing offf holy floating lolis now can we?
>>
Is Intercessor Kreoss' horse's tail shared by another model? I can't find it on PP's parts store.
>>
>>46860731
try looking at goreshade 3's horse might be the same?
>>
>>46860587
I've seen that, but I'm not quite sure if it changes the problems with the thing.

Like, d3+1 POW14s isn't going to put out the kind of ranged damage you need from a model that's roughly a third the cost of your entire army. And with it's animus unchanged as well, what is it going to do, exactly?

And I don't play Legion.
>>
>>46860150
Leto did it, somehow.
>>
>>46860858
Goreshade's horse's tail is made of bone.
>>
>>46860977
Oh, those alternate-universe rules were just pure fantasy, even in this fantasy-setting. None of it was meant to follow any in-universe rules or logic, really.
>>
>>46861137
those were real? I thought they were fan made, neat.
>>
>>46861137
I mean, Arkadius sets the precedent as well.

Beyond that, while they certainly were fantasy, those rules were meant to be what if sort of things, as in situations that could have actually happened had things gone differently.

I mean, Stryker's is essentially a direct parallel to Magnus's, after all.
>>
I hope they start spoilering warcasters soon. I want to see whats up with my home boys venethrax and scaverous ( and also my tournament pair gaspy2 and denny3)
>>
>>46859975
>Especially since he's literally the only non-Cryx character to have actually cheated death.

Harbinger and Baldur would have words with you.
>>
>>46861253
The stated plan is to do an insider for every faction before the edition drops. I bet they're be a caster from each faction in there.
>>
>>46861340
Testament as well, really.

You can point as Haley as well, I'd say.
>>
>>46861340
Yeah but Mordikaar did it through sheer force of will so fuck your gay shit.
>>
>>46861383
Testament didn't die, his shtick is thyat he is only human to reach urcean WITOUT dying.
>>
>>46860587
>>46860951
Just one more point of armor on top of that would makle him good.
>>
Okay guys i read on Battlecollege that Carnivean is bread and butter beast for Legion, however, tournament analysis says Angelius and Scythean are the most picked warbeasts in faction, well, Ravagore is picked often too. I wonder how come? What do Carnivean lack what those two have?
Oh and tell me - is Typhon a good beast overall? Like does almost every caster actually want him?
>>
>>46861940
The carnivean is more expensive than its siblings and tries to be a combination of ranged and melee, which makes it worse at both than the dedicated melee or ranged beasts.
>>
>>46862015
But what if i run 2 carniveans for example instead of 2 scytheans and something on top of them?
>>
>>46862163
2 Scytheans will have about the same melee damage output of 2 Carniveans (due to Chain Attack: bloodbath).

This lets you have 4 points for whatever. Be it Shepherds, Shredders, or Deathstalkers.
>>
>>46862163
As the other guy said they're not useless or anything, but other legion heavies just do their job better. Hopefully Mk 3 makes them useful.
>>
Well what about Typhon then? Worth buying?
>>
>>46862946
>buying legion going into MK3
HAW HAW HAW HAW
>>
>>46862015
Carnivean has a helluvan animus, though.
>>
>>46863148
? I like the looks of faction and dragonblighted northern wild elves are cool i think. Also STAG MOUNTED ARCHERS.
Also am about to buy old two-player box for hordes. Should i do that or maybe wait untill new one is released (never)?
>>
>>46863350

I'd say wait until we see what the units look like under the new rules, but if you can get it cheap it's not a bad idea.

>>46862946

In MK2 I feel like he's worth too many points for what he brings to the table. Super fun with pVayl though, since she gives him a free boosted roll with Dark Sentinel that combos well with Critical pitch. I've had a jack charge Typhon, trigger both Dark Sentinel and Critical Pitch, and then throw that jack back three inches take a fuckload of damage while wasting its turn.
>>
>>46863350
He's haw hawing because Legion is a top tier faction in Mk 2 and likely to get nerfed. Thing is, PP already said that they're buffing legion infantry since they don't get a lot of play time.
>>
>>46863350

you'll also need to get a new faction deck for whatever you pick up now when mk3 comes out, so really you'll probably be better off waiting and grabbing the new battlebox so you'll get the new rules and cards and tokens and stuff included with it
>>
>>46861387
More likely is that the Devourer Wurm did most of the work so that he could be used down the road to manifest itself.
>>
>minions getting Hutchuck
>gators getting Targ
>ancillary attack and earthquake grenade
Turtle might actually put in work
>>
>>46862946
Right now we have no way of knowing how good it will be in a couple months.
>>
>>46859278
>PP players are worse than GW ones edition
>Denial sub edition
Many keks, thanks.
>>
>>46863752
I'm pretty happy about that. I play Legion but love fielding Nyss.

My big question is about the Legionnaires though. Since they're bumping the FA of UAs, what are they going to do about Farilor and Bonehammer and other character UAs?
>>
>>46866514
Obviously those will be FA:C, I don't see how that's a question
>>
>>46866514

best we can hope for is they put out non-character versions

>>46866672

think the question was more 'how are they going to balance taking multiple units that require character attachments with taking ones that don't'
>>
>>46866808

I'd really like all character UAs to become solos that grant special benefits to a specific unit type within range sort of like the Grotesque Assassin.
>>
>>46866808
They might also change things around so that some of the "must have" buffs from the attachments are built into the units.
>>
>>46859278
Hey, so new warmachine player here! Heres my list, looking for feedback! Keep in mind, this is my first list ever!

Faction: Convergence of Cyriss
Casters: 1/1
Forge Master Syntherion (*6pts)
* Corollary (3pts)
* Galvanizer (3pts)
* Mitigator (4pts)
* Cipher (9pts)
Clockwork Angels (Leader and 2 Grunts) (3pts)
* Transverse Enumerator (2pts)
Eradicators (Leader and 4 Grunts) (9pts)
* Transverse Enumerator (2pts)
Reductors (Leader and 9 Grunts) (6pts)
>>
>>46868854
Well, step 1 is that in two months we've got a new edition, so I'd hold off.

Step two is that if you take any sort of infantry with Syntherion, you've made a mistake. You want to max the jacks for him, because the more jacks he has, the better he gets.

He plays well with every jack in the faction, but especially enjoys Assmiliators and Modulators.

If you're looking for an infantry/jack mix caster, Lucant might be more your alley.
>>
File: crimson typhoon sweat.jpg (170 KB, 937x936) Image search: [Google]
crimson typhoon sweat.jpg
170 KB, 937x936
Burgeoning Retfag here, the walletpocalypse has begun.

I picked up a Scyir today because it looked cool, then a Gorgon because it seems like a good distraction while dudes get into melee. I'm probably going to grab Dawnguard Sentinels and/or Thyron tomorrow because DUDES WITH SWORDS

How am I doing here?
>>
>>46868546

that'd be a much better way of doing it yeah

>>46868550

they could do that but they do have to make the UAs worth spending the points on somehow

>>46868854

there's an anon that did a big writeup on convergence not too long ago, hopefully they come around to help ya out
>>
>>46869361
Wait.

In two months, a new edition drops, and shit might change up.

I'd wait for the new battlebox at least, because it's a pretty good deal.
>>
>>46869361
Despite the fact that the new edition is coming out, if you really like the look of something, you can buy it. We don't know if anything will be good or not, but if you think it looks cool then there's not a lot of harm in having it unless you want hyper competitive.
>>
>>46869434
Probably worth throwing my name on the local preorder list for one of the new boxes and sitting on my hands until June, then?
>>
>>46869581
As >>46869540 said, it's not the end of the world to pick some shit up, especially if you're looking for models to paint and the like, I just caution going balls out building a list and then finding out your list needs to be built a different way for whatever reason.

They're not removing anything from the game, so anything you buy is going to have a version in the new game.

I guess just caution is what I'd say. Like, buy what you think looks cool, just don't go building yourself a 50 point list out the gate.

Look to see if your local store is going to do a journeyman with the new edition as well. That way you can ease yourself into the game with the new edition rules with a lot of other guys as well.
>>
So what's been heard for Skorne in MKIII?
>>
>>46869581
>>46869361
Depends anon, are you more interested in warjacks or infantry?
>>
>>46869648
Tortured Baby Elephant is now a lesser warbeast

Far Strike Now RNG:Self and costs less

Immortals have souls.

Heavy infantry are now 5 boxes.

They focused on removing Skornigy.

Condition has been nerfed to 1 Fury instead of any, but Paingivers abilities are no longer once a turn.
>>
>>46869648

>eMorguhl's Feat

Feat: Blackout

Enemy models currently in Morghoul’s control range and LOS suffer Blind for one round. (A model suffering Blind cannot make ranged or magic attacks, suffers –4 MAT and DEF, and cannot run, charge, or make slam or trample power attacks. It must forfeit either its Normal Movement or Combat Action during its next activation. Blind can be shaken.)

>Immortals now have Souls.

>Skorne Empire are tenacious warrior people. They've suffered in Ios, but have managed to hold on to some pieces of it.

>Pending fiction on the Skorne-Ios war. The Iosian Gods may be coming back somehow. More houses are joining the Retribution cause.

>I will say that we looked closely at each of the Skorne warcasters and I think unlocked some really interesting potential play styles.
>>
>>46870112
Holy shit, they are bringing back his MKI feat?
>>
File: 8719213.jpg (66 KB, 956x631) Image search: [Google]
8719213.jpg
66 KB, 956x631
>>46870112
>>
>>46870322

http://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?249154-Comprehensive-Collection-of-MkIII-Spoilers-%28-Spoiler-Alert-%29
>>
>>46870283
It's good, but not as busted now that you can shake off blind.
It'll be a real nuisance for those infantry armies, though.
>>
>>46869832
Dawnguard Sentinels managed to break through my apathy towards the game's visual design, and it's hard to resist a squad full of Landsknechts. I feel obligated to run at least a squad or two of them.

Ret jacks seem interesting enough between their clean looks (I don't really get straight steampunk) and some cool abilities.

I figure I'll be running combined arms until I figure shit out better.
>>
>>46870488
I think the bigger difference now is that Skorne has the ranged firepower to take advantage of the -4DEF part of the feat. I mean, feat + three bug shots can absolutely fuck up some living casters, and if the Mammoth ends up being straight up ROF3, it can be some serious ranged output right there.
>>
>>46860951
They haven't confirmed whether or not they've changed the animus so who knows.
>>
>>46869909
>Tortured Baby Elephant is now a lesser warbeast
That can't enrage I assume? Don't see a problem here.
>Far Strike Now RNG:Self and costs less
Cool
>Immortals have souls.
Sort of makes sense since they actually do have souls.
>Heavy infantry are now 5 boxes.
Hey PP fuck you.
>They focused on removing Skornigy.
Rather than actively developing it lel
>Condition has been nerfed to 1 Fury instead of any, but Paingivers abilities are no longer once a turn.
Wait so I can stack Enrage and turn a Cyclop Savage into a PS21 monster that can slap down heavies?
>>
>>46871405
Presumably enrage will work like medicate and only be once a turn

But you can medicate and enrage, and then condition as many times as you wanted
>>
>>46871405
To be fair, they've said all, or nearly all, heavy infantry have dropped to 5 boxes.

Only Man o Wars remain 8 boxes, though my guess is that Convergence infantry will keep 8 as well.
>>
>>46871943
I imagine Gator Posse will stay 8 as well. They are supposed to be the tough and have thick ass hides.
>>
>>46872137
As a gator player, I think they're going to be going down to 5. Warders will probably remain at 8, as might Cinerators.
>>
>>46872137
>naked aligators
>tougher than guys in power-armor that lets them go toe-to-toe with light jacks
>>
They were pretty specific that all heavy infantry units are now 5 except for manowar. Manowar are in steam powered supersuits and the 8 boxes thing is what defines them now.
>>
>>46872202
No. They said "almost all". Not "all."
>>
>>46872262
>>46872175
>>46871943
People here are naming half the fucking heavy infantry in the game

Convergence are the only ones that fit, literal robots competing with warjacks with men inside them.
>>
Do any of you have any tips for a new player. I am trying to decide between collecting cryx or legion of ever blight and was wondering to what extent the plays tule of each army differs. I mostly have experience from warhammer having played dark elder and dark elves in 40k and fantasy respectively.
>>
So I overheard something about the Choir getting nerfed at the LGS.

I decided to check the forums, as I haven't played in a while since Colossals and realized it's a whole new edition coming out.

So the two were arguing that Jacks still suck (main reason I stopped playing) and that they were getting massively buffed. The other mentioned something about a warjack should be able to destroy an infantry unit on its own instead of having forced warjacks.

...I am wondering if the game could even support total Warjack dominance.
>>
>>46872396
Cryx tends to be mostly infantry with spell slingers, buffs to damage and the ability to resurrect some models

Legion of Everblight's biggest schtick is ignoring a lot of rules. They tend to crumple easily but dish out damage/get the alpha strike early.
>>
>>46872319
Clockwork is fragile as fuck sorry to tell you.
>>
>>46872650
I don't understand the retarded notions that warjacks have to be the only thing in the game.
The game has never ever been about just warjacks. It's been a mixed army deal - and that's how they're pushing and balancing the game for mark 3.
Warjacks meant for killing infantry will kill infantry. Not all will be able to kill a unit on their own. It's stupid to think that all of them should just be able to annihilate a pack of people on their own.
>>
>>46872137
No they aren't. Will all but confirmed they were going to be 5 boxes.
>>
>>46863661
Uhuh thats pretty cool. Well, hopefully they buff Proteus as well, i totally LOVE the guy.
>>46863752
Well since i did not even play a single game yet i do not really mind lol. Thought i really, REALLY do not want to run infantry Legion. Models are just ugly aside from Ogrun. I would only like to run a games with monsters and those guys (pretty much monsters too).
Oh, and stag cavalry too. They are awesome imo.
>>46863783
But i really dislike the new Legion warcaster (and i assume it does cool stuff to your ranged beasts, since box inculdes 2 ranged beasts actually) looks and that box does not include the Ogrun warspears. Considering i want to run Circle aswell and i like Kaya ALOT (looks and stuff. also cool abilities) should i buy two-player box? Yes, i know, it does include TWO argus things, but since one is included in new editions i assume they should start working well?
>>
>>46872730
Not magical Clockwork, however.

But it plays into Convergence's game plan, which is to win by attrition.

>>46872175
>>46872137
Nope, Gators are 5. Warders are also 5, but they come with Shield Guard.

Cinerators are straight up going to be 5.
>>
>>46870322
Whats the initial source of this meme-thing? As a russian i want to know.
>>
>>46872911
Source? from the sounds of it, you're just a convergence fag talking out of their ass.
>>
File: 1450215290600.jpg (23 KB, 356x256) Image search: [Google]
1450215290600.jpg
23 KB, 356x256
>exactly one hit for "jack gorgon" in the archive
>it's somebody using it's name for the tier below shit on their heavy myrm rating list
Maybe I should have researched this purchase a bit better.
>>
>>46872930
Source for what? Gators?

https://twitter.com/wnhungerford/status/723296723519442946
>>
>>46872972
In two months, it might be worth it, so you might be alright.

Their little talk on regening fields was stupid as fuck though.

"Now that you get a free focus, you can spend it to buff your shields!"

Because yes, if I have a jack that's actually involved in the game, I want it to spend focus to do nothing.
>>
>>46872846
Yeah, I mean they're vehicles. Vehicles in warfare don't just do everything ever - their main role is to support infantry, whether that be taking out anti-infantry vehicles, or taking out other vehicles so YOU can use anti-infantry vehicles.
Even main battle tanks are used as support for infantry.

>>46873009
Cmon, anon. d3 more shields! The power!
>>
>>46872977
>implying that's proof
It's an implication, but not a confirmation. I think Gators will be 5, but saying "these ARE 5" without confirmation is just stupid.
>>
Honestly, the heavy infantry nerf is straight up supposed to be a warjack buff. Most heavy infantry had become better at doing what it is warjacks do, so they got hit on their ability to attrition.

>>46873091
You know they've been spoiling shit like crazy, right? If they were 8 boxes, why wouldn't he have just said "Oh, they're still 8 boxes."

They're 5, man. Nearly every infantry in the game is five. If any single one is an exception, it would be Convergence infantry, and maybe even only Recipicators, simply because they're designed specifically for attrition.
>>
>>46873009
Now that >tiers are on my mind, where would I find a good source on what units are considered "good" - or at least an accurate picture of how they play in an average match?
>>
>>46873065
I think the problem is that there really aren't a lot of anti-infantry warjacks

Cygnar is pretty great at anti-infantry jacks. They will shit out pow 10 chainguns all goddamn day long. Or you get Menoth with all their rockets and flamethrowers. But Khador? The destroyer is about it. Khador jacks don't really support anyone, they exist to get in brawls with the other jacks. And I guess that works if your goal is to punch the anti-infantry cygnar jacks, but they're honestly a little slow for the task.
>>
>>46873140
You're actually braindead.
>>
>>46873201
Ha, joke's on you, if I was braindead I wouldn't be able to respond to your post!

You're welcome to point me to a counterargument that isn't just "lol you're retarded!" though.
>>
>>46873181
Beast is their anti infantry jack. Technically so is the Devastator and Demolisher kits, and to a lesser extent the Kodiak. Ideally, the Berserker could be an anti infantry jack if you could control the explosion.

Of course, those models are actually subpar at the role, so they didn't get used for that. New edition should hopefully fix that though.
>>
>>46873240
You're literally repeating yourself. You're just saying 'nuh-uh, it's convergence and nothing else'
You're unintelligent. There's no counterarguing with you.
>>
>>46873282
I don't want to rely on characters for that. And putting a 3 inch aoe on yourself which can't be done after a run or a charge is hardly something that makes me go "Yeah, this is our anti-infantry jack". That's bullshit, compared to cygnar stuff shooting out d6 strafes and rapid fire and covering fire templates and all that shit. Or menoth shitting flamethrowers everywhere.
>>
>>46873290
I'm saying why it would be Convergence to retain 8 box heavy infantry if it was anyone, yes.

I'm saying this because Convergence is heavily about attrition, so it would make sense for them to retain their extra health. This is in line with all the Man o War buffs being designed explicitly to make them better at attrition, with becoming repairable and gaining the ability to resist enemy control elements.

So, you're welcome to point me to other heavy infantry designed heavily for high attrition. Warders are about it, and we've already been told they're going to 5 boxes but gaining shield guard on every model, moving their utility around.
>>
The podcast they say "most medium based infantry is moving to 5 boxes" and that the 8-box thing is meant to have a unique feel for manowar. I heavily doubt anything else is going to be 8 box.
>>
>>46873353
Both the Devastator and the Demolisher could do their shit on the charge. Yes, the Kodiak isn't straight up an infantry killer, but it does have some utility in it. Some utility that will hopefully get buffed. The Devs problem is that ARM17 for actually doing something, which will hopefully get remedied somehow.

And what's wrong with relying on Beast for your anti-infantry needs? You usually only want a single anti infantry list, so it's not like him being a character is a problem.
>>
>>46873355
>and we've already been told they're going to 5 boxes
s o u r c e ?
>>46873387
They said most. Not all. Stop making assumptions.
>>
>>46870667
actually they have; it's the same (post errata), but it only costs 1 fury now.

http://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?249510-04-21-2016-Insider&p=3481296&viewfull=1#post3481296
>>
>>46873417
http://privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?249510-04-21-2016-Insider/page3&p=3478781#post3478781

>rolling back damage boxes was in the cards.
>>
>>46873462
That's a blanket statement about the faction and not specifically about warders. Also in the same post it says "While some heavy infantry have lost damage boxes"
Some does not mean all - and before you say "it was about the Longriders" - Cavalry are not heavy infantry.
>>
>>46873140
>They're 5, man. Nearly every infantry in the game is five. If any single one is an exception, it would be Convergence infantry

Except they explicitly mentioned MoWs as being 8 boxes. Also repairable.
>>
If they try to promote manowar as being unique by having 8 boxes, and some stupid fucking trolls and shit are the same boxes as something that is literally a warjack that has a man inside instead of a cortex, then I'm done.
>>
>>46873577
Keep up man. We know MoWs are five, we're arguing about the possible exceptions.

>>46873604
And this is why I think Convergence will keep their 8 boxes as well. Thematically, both of the infantry are very close to each other in concept, and a lot of the MoW buffs bring them in line with Convergence infantry gameplay wise.
>>
>>46873647
Eight, fuck.

We know MoWs are eight.
>>
>>46872905

2 player box is a really good value for what you get and if you'd like to play circle as well and don't like the new ones I'd def say you should go for it then, just keep in mind that you'll need to buy circle and legion cards afterwards to play mk3 which'll be another $40 on top of it
>>
>>46873181

As a khador player since the black and white rules book, this is wrong as fuck.

Beast 09, Ruin, devestator, other clam jack, destroyer, conquest, victor, and Big B

Are all supposed to serve as anti infantry options. The thing is only a handful are actually any good at it. Their inability to deal with infantry isnt because they are warjacks, it's thanks to having watered down rules and almost zero ways to support or promote using then for that roll.

Khador is home to all things not fully realized.
>>
>>46873785
Lol, considering how long will it take for those to actually get shipped into my country i will probably have those printed instead.
>>
>>46873851
>Khador is home to all things not fully realized.
Well, since its warmachine's russia...

BTW guys did two-player box stuff roll out with MK2? I am pretty interested if maybe MK3 will have its own.
>>
>>46873180
As what, Ret?
>>
>>46873990

discussed this with anons before but I think with the way the new battleboxes are set up they intend for you to pick up 2 of those and won't do the two player box anymore
>>
>>46874044
Specifically Ret for my purposes, though unless there's a good Ret-only blogger I figure it's better for the thread to ask for general advice.
>>
>>46873990
It's been confirmed there will be 2 player boxes from will's twitter
>>
>>46874192

oh there was? guess I'm wrong then, looking forward to seeing what they do
>>
I was thinking of getting into Warmachine and like Khador and Menoth.

I'm planning on getting the starter kit that has both of them, but are they a good start is I want to do an infantry/heavyjack list for Khador and a jack heavy list for Menoth?
>>
>>46874245
No one has any idea what the game will look like in 7 weeks.
>>
>>46874245

there's a new version of the rules coming in june so we can't really tell you how good specific things will be after that, the box is a good value though
>>
>>46874305
>>46874310

So should I hold off on grabbing the set? I'm still willing to do the army ideas I have even if they are shit.
>>
>>46874370
If you can get it cheap, go for it.

I picked up a used set of MoW Shocktroopers (even though they're shit now) on the hope that they'll get better.

The 'jacks in the boxes will only get better due to power up.
>>
>>46874075
We have a copy paste on /tg/ actually as well as a part on model usage in MkII. Some things will change in MkIII though.

Well Ret usually uses:
>Mage Hunter Strike Force + UA
>Dawnguard Sentinels + UA
>Houseguard Halberdiers + UA

Ret sometimes uses:
>House Shyeel Battle Mages
>Stormfall Archers
>Dawnguard Invictors + UA
>Mage Hunter Infiltrators

Ret is getting an increase in:
>Houseguard Riflemen + Thane

Destors and the Heavy Rifle Team are about the only units we don't use. Mercs are kind of a weird case. The options we do have, aren't actually bad. But we don't really have much to support them so if you're gonna use them you want casters that don't focus as heavily on Friendly Faction things - at least until we get a ranking officer.

Jackwise we commonly use:
>Phoenix
>Banshee
>Discordia
>Imperatus
>Hyperion

eVyros basically requires:
>Griffons

We sometimes use:
>Daemon
>Sphinx
>Aspis
>Manticore
>Chimera

Basically don't touch the Gorgon. Hypnos doesn't see much use outside of Ossyan.

For solos, just avoid the Scyir, Nayl and Ghost Sniper. Outside of them, everyone works one way or another. Staples are the Mage Hunter Assassins, Arcanists, Eiryss2, Sylys and the House Shyeel Magisters if you like Rahn.

When it comes to casters competitively you can basically match up eVyros + one of Ravyn/Issyria/Rahn/Ossyan and be fine. Kaelyssa got a tier recently that got some love but outside of that you don't really see much else.
>>
>>46874370

there's new battleboxes coming out in june that will have the new rules, the new cards, a buncha tokens, etc that would probably be better for you to start with, then you could grab the 2 player one afterwards to expand your armies if you wanted to, keeping in mind you will need to buy faction decks at $20 each for both armies in order to play them in mark3
>>
>>46874428
>Ret is getting an increase in:
>Houseguard Riflemen + Thane
Say what
>>
>>46872911
>Not magical Clockwork, however.
>Implying Thing+Magic=completely ignores normal qualities of base material in IK setting.
>>
>>46874428
So if I just bought and started building a Gorgon, I should be looking to mod it into a Chimera or Aspis somehow instead? I get the impression that conversion isn't quite as simple in WMH given that models are highly specific.
>>
>>46874619
Prior to the Thane, Houseguard Riflemen weren't used at all. Now due to the Thane, they see some usage as they do have an arguable niche.
>>
>>46874765
Gorgon is getting buffed in MkIII. Just use it as a test model for your paint scheme and tryy it out in MkIII.
>>
>>46859278
does anyone have the fluff for the new warlocks and warcasters. I haven't seen anything about them yet
>>
>>46872925
not sure about the chicken part, but on /pol/, during the shitstorm in ukraine and donetsk, Russian nationalists would ask for proof that it was Russia behind the invasion, when even though there wasn't hard evidence it was painfully obvious
>>
>>46874953
AFAIK nothing has been revealed about them yet. Not even their names.
>>
>>46875000
Well there were always being a leaks of that info (i mean russian forces being on ukraine) here and there. However, the whole meme makes me feel like requesting a proof of info is something considered bad.
>>
>>46874953
on the official forums they've confirmed short stories for the trollblood one ragnor and the cygnar caster maddox
>>
>>46875225
meant to reply to >>46875134
>>
File: 14604105.png (2 MB, 990x1090) Image search: [Google]
14604105.png
2 MB, 990x1090
>>46875134
>names
>Cygnar
Major Maddix
>Khador
Lord Khazlov, Vicount of Skarsgrad
>PoM
Malachus, the Burning Truth
>Cryx
Bane Witch Agathea
>Retribution
Magister Hellyna
>Trolls
Ragnar Skysplitter
>Circle
Tannith the Feralsong
>Skorne
Beastmaster Zakaar
>Legion
Kryssa, Conviction of Everblight
>>
>>46875000
Oh and chicken part is being a rooster considered an equivalent of faggot or hardcore butt-loving gay trading his ass for cigarettes.
Its origins lies with soviet-age prisons, when the males on the bottom of social pyramid were raped and so on, considered less-than-human. Why rooster/cock? I do not know, folklore fairy tale rooster was the personification of bravery (it actually is so with most of the countries because rooster is often associented with the coming Sun which banishes all evil), however, that creature was turned into something ugly and shamefull in the last century (id say a little less than).

But thats off-topic. Any idea if the old two-player boxes are removed from production after new MK3 are introduced?
Because i TOTALLY love old one (for hordes, at least) aside from beast choices (namely argusx2?!?! and 4?!?!! shredders).
>>
>>46875134
>>46875225

here ya go

http://files.privateerpress.com/fiction/NoManLeftBehind.pdf

http://files.privateerpress.com/fiction/KeeperOfTheStones.pdf
>>
>>46875134
Malachus, the Burning Truth
PoM Warcaster, Priest of the Incindium
Feora's left-hand minister of propaganda
Inspired by Cleansers and Kingpin from Daredevil
Med-based, "The Butcher of the Protectorate"
Massive staff/torch with spears on the end that makes fire
Has a book chained to his hand
He makes fires bigger
Feat is "Butcher-like" in its escalation of flames (additional damage die?)
"Cloaked in Ash" (has Ashen Veil?)
Broadside Bart-like influences his BG and gets more flames out of his warjacks

Ragnar Skysplitter
Trollkin Runeshaper warlock
One of the largest trollkin warlocks
2-handed maul made from a shattered krielstone
Scrolls on his back, gesturing up to the air
Makes explosive earthquakes
Rival to Doomshaper

Major Maddix, female warcaster
Stormknight warcaster
Small-based, BIG sword
Can shoot lightning from her sword as well
Protectorate POW, captured during invasion of Sul, released later

Bane Witch Agathea
Bane caster, buffs herself?
Spent time in the void
Grim Reaper as a hot woman, floating up on a skirt of souls, scythe/pole-axe
Angel-wings for her turbine
Gaspy-tall, but narrow.
Kaya2-like feat: yo-yo for battlegroup.
>>
>>46875134
Tannith the Feralsong
Circle Warlock, Disciple of Wyrmwood
Staff weapon made of blades and the roots of Wyrmwood
Looks more like a blackclad, flowing cloak
Antithesis of Kaya - not nice to her beasts
"Circle Enforcer"
Cryx-like offensive magic

Magister Helena
"Miss Shyeel 2016"
Arcane Mechanik/myrmidon creator
Buffs her 'jacks, Ossyan's S.O.
Some Vyre Force-manipulation techniques

Beastmaster Zakaar
Skorne warlock
Had been shot in the face by Gunnbjorn in the fluff
Wielding two barbed whips with scorpion-tail stings
He's a weaponmaster who uses his whips for arcane purposes
Can transfer spells to targets he hits

Lord Khazlov, Vicount of Skarsgrad
Khador caster, giant axe, honorable/noble
Started as an Iron Fang warcaster

Kryssa, Conviction of Everblight
Legionairre caster with an athanc shard
Cloak-skirt like Legionairre
>>
>>46875405

Honestly, Malachus seems kinda dull. He doesn't seem like anything that protectorate really needed in either rules or fluff.
>>
>>46869361

Well from what we know thus far, Rets will be the faction that changes the least. They created Rets not to long ago, and they did them just they way they wanted them to be.
And all they will really do is bring them up to speed, and get them in line with the other teams, so a army wide buff as it sounds to me.
>>
>>46875429
None of them are meant to be though. PP did an interview with Beasts of War yesterday and they talked a bit about the design goal of the new casters. That they're all meant to be entry-line, the first place you interact with the hobby and the faction, and each caster is therefore meant to represent the whole of their faction a little bit and act as a stepping stone. They're not meant to be new and different.

They used Sorcha as an example, that she has the ice magic, but she's not heavily armoured, or hits particularly hard, and that Khazlov does all 3 to show what Khador is meant to represent to a completely new player.
>>
>>46875476

Right. Does make him a tad dull though.

I mean, Feora more or less does 'What Protectorate does' already. She's a hell of a melee fighter who lays down templates, sets shit on fire and makes people sad if they use magic.
>>
>>46874644
Well, Steam + Magic ignores the normal qualities of steam engines.
>>
>>46875340
пeтyх or пeтyшoк works best
>>
>>46875476

Kinda weird that the new Ret one isn't an assassin in that case, considering the assassination lean of Ret.
>>
>>46875405
>http://files.privateerpress.com/fiction/NoManLeftBehind.pdf
>>46875346
thank you kindly anons
>>
>>46875499
See, but that's not what PoM really does.

Fire is a thing they do, sure, but most PoM casters are defined by victim stats, a lot of denial in their kit, and a big supporting role for the rest of their army.
>>
>>46861137

Yeah but all it would take is a pen stroke for them to make it happen.

It's not like there is an official statement on 'What happens if a non-trollkin becomes a blood brother to a trollkin' currently.
>>
>>46875555
Honestly, if Ret got another assassin focused caster it would be incredibly dull. They're already sporting way more than a faction really needs.
>>
>>46875572

She's pretty indicative of what PoM does as a faction. They have a lot of very high quality melee fighters, shit flame everywhere and have a lot of ability to shit over spellcasters.

She's very indicative of what they do with units.
>>
>>46875585

Yeah, I was going more with the idea that all the new casters are going to be indicative of what the faction does and her being an odd one out.

I'm honestly happy to see more of the Ossyan/Only Technically Retribution side. I like Ios a lot more than I like the Retribution.
>>
>>46875595
>They have a lot of very high quality melee fighters

What?

PoM is like the least super solo faction in the game outside of maybe Cryx.
>>
>>46875619

Have you not seen all the Exemplars of various sorts running around with very good Mat, high pow and/or weaponmaster?
>>
>>46875631
So what, Kreoss? Who only really super solos with two of his forms?

And then you've got Durst.
>>
>>46875619
Paladins of the Wall have something to tell you.
>>
>>46875652
I'm talking about warcasters.

And even then, Paladins aren't really amazing for their offensive abilities, but their defensive ones.
>>
>>46875649

I said 'She's very indicative of what they do with units'.

Basically everything with Errant in it's name is good at melee, Daughters of the Flame, Allegients of the Fist, Paladins of the Wall...

Menoth does a damn lot of nasty melee.
>>
>>46875668
I'm, uh, what?

Cryx does good infantry melee. Khador does good infantry melee. Trolls do great infantry melee.

PoM is not exactly known for it's great infantry. What it is known for is it's huge amount of denial abilities, especially among it's troops. Greater Destiny, Self Sac, Sanguine Bond, Exmplar Senc, Martyr.
>>
>>46875658
eReznik?
>>
>>46875735
Wants to hide like fucking crazy.
>>
Are there any really good books about Retribution lore-wise? I love their lore and wanna read more about it.
>>
File: Ios.png (153 KB, 440x328) Image search: [Google]
Ios.png
153 KB, 440x328
>>46875786
Old RPG setting books are good for info about Ios.

Ret is getting a new fluff book about the Skorne war soon-ish.
>>
>>46875449
>>46875449
Actually, the rumours say that Ret were totally redesigned and were the first faction worked on in Mk.3
>>
>>46876091

That would be nice. I'm honestly not a fan of assassination as the name of the game. With all the supertech, I'd have much have preferred them as Buff+Jacks.
>>
>>46876091
I wouldn't give much heed to those rumors unless someone can give you sources and quotes to back them up. Ret were developed at the tail-end of Mk1, and arguably designed with Mk2 in mind. Actual talk about mechanical changes in Ret have been minimal so far, although the hints at fluff have the potential to be earth-shattering.

Also, they didn't work on factions one after another per-say that I'm aware of, all descriptions in the interviews and stuff have been that they started with the core and universal rules, then rules shared by multiple models across factions, then individual balancing after they'd set the groundwork down.

I can tell you that the new Hordes faction teased and meant to be detailed at Lock'n'Load was designed within the same timeframe as Mk3 and whilst we may not see it this year the implication is they wanted to hold off on the new edition instead of adapting what they had to rules they planned to change soon anyway.
>>
I see people mentioning the Devourer Wurm manifesting,when does this happen?Is it in the novels or the rulebooks?
And while at it,when does Krueger's dealing with dragons/blighting the ley lines happen?
>>
>>46877203
It occured towards the end of the Devastation fluff, we'll see ramifications of it in Mk3 but all we know so far is it caused a lot of earthquakes and fucked up the Skorne battle lines and fortresses which gave Ios a reprieve.

Krueger wrapped up in Wrath of the Dragonfire, which also finished the travelling athanc subplot, Saeryn/Rhyas stuff and did some junk with Haley and Blaize.
>>
>>46860127
She got better.
>>
>>46875575
>Yeah but all it would take is a pen stroke for them to make it happen.
Eh, I don't know about that. George Lucas made a pen stroke and created "midichlorians." Changed the force from a mystical gift to a boring bacterial infection. Not a lot of people were pleased. I wonder if saying "any warlock can just work with any warbeast" would have a similar reaction. It would certainly take away some of the mystique and uniqueness of each faction (at least I think it would).
>>
>>46877299
>I wonder if saying "any warlock can just work with any warbeast" would have a similar reaction.
Considering they've got established fluff reasons for how each type of warlock is actually able to bond with their beasts I'd say that would be pretty fucking stupid.

Aside from incredibly rare one-offs like Dr Arkadius using his super-science to figure out how the Gorax works I doubt it'll ever happen.
>>
>>46875698
Menoth has always had some of the best infantry. You are letting the PoM forums get to you. They love to think they are victims just because they don't win every game they play.
>>
>>46875414
Tannith I'm into. I need more wurmwood in my life, and Cassius needs some loving.
>>
>>46875414
>Cryx-like offensive magic
It just struck me that this is kinda weird, based on their design goals for the new casters like >>46875476 said.

Cryx-style magic has always been limited to Cassius and a little bit on Mohsar, as they're the weirdo outliers of the faction.
I wonder if this could be indicative of a stronger offensive magic theme for Circle warlocks in Mk3?
>>
>>46878203
Actually, those were both me. I'm just recapping details I've got from following announcements as closely as I can, and I agree that these two points are a bit weird. Time will tell moving forward what happens, but it was William Shick in the Beasts of War interview the other day that covered the design philosophy.

I'd also like to elaborate for you and >>46878028 that Tannith was described as using her beasts, but just not being nice to them like Kaya. A bunch of my friends assumed she'd not use any beasts and be an infantry caster, my take-away was she'd be maybe a little skorne-ey and use/abuse them.

Sadly all the new Circle details from the latest podcast covered the Tharn, not casters or beasts.
>>
>>46859278
I've never seen warmachine players before
Are they as duchebaggy as the OP makes you guys seem?
>>
>>46878331
It's a mixed bag, just like anything. I've come across guys that take the cheesiest power lists to 'lets give the new guy a trial game' and play to win against dudes that don't know the rules. On the other end I know guys and girls that just like to paint, convert and rename their characters, and play super casual leagues with story and whatnot (the level-up leagues last year were real popular with the latter group).

OP was shitstirring with that image, and probably proud of Mk3 coming up and improving the game.
>>
>>46878288
>A bunch of my friends assumed she'd not use any beasts and be an infantry caster
Well that's 100% debunked simply because she's a battlebox caster, and they've directly stated that all the new BB casters are going to be battegroup-focused to some degree.
>>
>>46878331
Have yet to meet a douchebag. Then again, high-drama wargaming seems to be an American thing.
>>
>>46878331
They're people. Some are nice, some are dicks, some are in between. What game you play doesn't define your character.
>>
IK-RPG question

I like to put together soundtracks and playlists for my RPG's, and I've got no idea what the hell music sounds like in the Iron Kingdoms. Technology seems to range from 'we live in huts' to 'we may as well be WW1' so I've got no inspiration there.

What do you reckon the Iron Kingdoms sound like, /tg/?
>>
>>46878839
Well, Ord has bagpipes.
>>
File: 1450039070006.jpg (24 KB, 480x433) Image search: [Google]
1450039070006.jpg
24 KB, 480x433
>>46875476
>supposed to represent how the faction plays for new players
>agatha has a cat and mouse feat for jacks
>cryx jacks

Oh boy.
>>
>>46879367
She's also meant to have some debuffs like denny, but she's a bane herself.

I'm curious how the warjack changes are gonna affect how heavy cryx runs jacks, if they can run them well without being a gimmick spam list like mortenebra currently I'll be all over the damn faction.

Helljacks are gorgeous.
>>
>>46879549
Yeah, but the most critical rules we need to know are what's changing for warjacks and what's changing for units. For all we know units may be getting more restricted through differing rules on activations or warjacks are getting different power attacks for infantry clearing.
>>
>>46879610
At this point it's unlikely we're going to see something as fundamentally different as new activation rules, that would need to be previewed early to prevent the community having a meltdown. New power attacks I could see, but their big thing with Mk3 is to trim the fat and make the game easier, faster and most importantly simpler. Adding a bunch of new power attacks doesn't really match that. The critical changes are the ones we've had previewed, and the stuff we see after the first wave of announcements is becoming more refined. They can't drop a whammy on the community a day before release without, again, the community having a meltdown and causing a mass migration to another system.

I suspect that between the beefier warjack points, what appears to be cheaper buffed jacks all around and the way focus interacts to automatically fuel them, we're going to be seeing more jacks. If Soul Drive remains relatively unchanged, between that and a Warwitch Siren Cryx can run a heavy at 3 focus every turn without ever touching their casters focus, and since you're having to take 30-odd points of them to every game I think we'll see people invest in more support for them (see: buffs and repair) so they don't sit as dead points.
>>
>>46879610
>>46879681

Considering 1 inch reach on all jacks seems more or less the standard now, I wonder if the sweep power attack colossals get will be backported to regular jacks and beasts.
>>
>>46879775
I think that would fit within the streamlining. Colossals are cool and all, but to new players they can be intimidating to learn a bunch of new options and power attacks and not have them available on other jacks. I'm also wondering how much 2" reach we'll see on jacks that didn't have it previous with weapons, since our one example was open fists.
>>
>>46861940

If you're going with a ranged list, like with the Lilliths, you want Ravagores.

If you're going melee, like with Abby and Saeryn, you want Scytheans.

If you're going with Vayl, you want Angelius.

Thagrosh can do work with either.

Really, the Carnivean is a backup beast. You want a Ravagor, but also want some more melee, but don't want to completely give up ranged? You want another melee beast, but want to introduce SOME ranged threat? Carnivean is a pretty good fit. He's a compliment more than a centerpiece of your strategy.

He does well with Thagrosh as well. One Carnivean, one Scythean, and one Ravagore is a common combination.

Also, looking at tourney analysis will tell you only what a handful of people at regional/national tournaments are playing. It won't tell you what the guy at your local shop is playing. And Warmachine is a game where you lose more because you have no idea what the fuck your opponent is planning/doing as opposed to simply what his army composition is and running roughshod all over it with power pieces.
>>
>>46879831

Hopefully they will appropriately cost reach now.

Shit was way under costed in MKII.
>>
>>46872319
I'm hoping the two Ogrun units remain at 8. The Black Ogrun were already not very good, and the Assault Corps get too fragile at 5 with their current armor.
>>
>>46875537
No it doesn't. If that were true we wouldn't have 'jacks being put out by getting KD'd in water.
>>
File: pip-41077_0.jpg (38 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
pip-41077_0.jpg
38 KB, 500x500
Alright, here's a challenge for you:

Fix the Avalancher.
>>
>>46880718
Reduce point cost. Give gun quake.
>>
>>46880718
>tfw I actually like the Avalancher
I take it under Thor and tune it up for damage, using the psuedo-focus to boost to hit. Along with snipe from Ossrum, it turns out to be pretty solid fire support.
That said, it's too expensive and the Earthbreaker is too good.
>>
>>46880718
I love how it's shield is way too small. They should have given it another gun.
>>
Why does PP keep turning metal parts into resin ones without telling us? I hate it when I buy supposedly metal models and random resin parts that I have to rebuy from their website (if they are even available anymore) or have to scout eBay for pre-owned models so I can scavenge metal parts from them. Nightmare, Deathjack, Terminus, Freebooter, Mariner, Snapjaw, Bloat Thrall, Machine Wraith, Intercessor Kreoss and Satyxis Blood Witches have been like this and I hate it. If they mentioned resin parts on the model's page in the gallery, I would then know not to buy them new and instead buy them pre-owned from the getgo.
>>
>>46878203
To be fair most circle warlocks have offensive spells already but they just suck/suck at using them.
>>
>>46881087
>instead buy them pre-owned from the getgo.

Parasite! Why don't you support glorious PP and FLGS?
>>
File: page 5.png (2 MB, 1218x1637) Image search: [Google]
page 5.png
2 MB, 1218x1637
>>46881134
I'll start supporting them when they remember what Page 5 is about.
>>
>>46878331

It all depends.
If you ask a regular 40k player (which I play among other miniature games), anyone who follows the rules as written is a real dick, rule lawyering fucker who is only in it to win. In Warmahordes, my impression is that people actually at least try to follow the rules as written. And they do it with a nice behavior as well.
Sportsmanship in 40k is giving the opponent better odds by bending the rules in their favor. In Warmahordes its more of a thing when you inform your opponent before hand, giving him a hint or two, or perhaps even let him have the odds when no judge is near by to evaluate a LoS.
The game is by far better with competitive gaming than many miniatures games I have come across, but that´s not necessarily a bad thing. Id rather face a fair and just Warmahordes player who knows what he is doing, than facing of to a gamer who gives me the advantage of rule bending and jumping extra inches, so that I can have a win. I'm in this to have a good time and a challenge, not to get babysitted to a victory.
>>
>>46881087
>Why does PP keep turning metal parts into resin ones without telling us?

They do tell you.
>>
>>46881087
To keep costs down so you don't have to pay more for a 100% pewter model
>>
>>46881178
Found the biggest loser
>>
>>46881087

Because they are in a transition phase, much like GW was about 10 years back. They are now in the process of making their very own multi part PLASTIC kits, with the best quality miniatures yet released from privateer press.
In 10 years from now, if Warmahords still stay on top of their game, we can hope to have all plastic stuff that actually fits together and comes with a description on how to be put together. Miniatures evolve, and there is only so much you can do with metal.
>>
>>46881178
Been playing since MK I too but you need to get over it. Page 5 is dead and I say good fucking riddance.
>>
>>46881323
I'd prefer to pay more for a full metal model though.
>>
>>46881544
Why?
>>
File: a51.png (505 KB, 667x470) Image search: [Google]
a51.png
505 KB, 667x470
>>46881178
>>
>>46881560
because he's an idiot
>>
>>46881560
Because resin is shit and has no value.
>>
>>46881533
This. There's a reason people think they warma/hordes crowd is shit and it's because of the page 5 rule.
>>
Have there been any signs that Retribution's HRT will be changed yet?
>>
>>46881834
We've heard nothing about Artillery in general, so who knows.
>>
>>46877830
I don't go to the forums, and I'm not a Menoth player.

And I'm not saying Menoth infantry is bad, I'm saying it's not great offensively.
>>
>>46881087
I wish my terminus had resin wings. Fuck that ugly piece of shit. PP please resculp him (along with mortenabra and lich2).
>>
>>46881747
But metal has value?

Also metal chips my paint job, and falls apart (even with pins)
>>
>>46881832

So by that definition, the reason people outside the Warmahordes community doesn't like Warmahorde players is because they don't bitch about over powered lists, don't cry like a 12 year old virgin when they loose a game, don't rage quit and so on. Simply playing the game RAW, in a good environment (at least this is my own experience of the tournaments I have been to), and trying to outsmart the opponent makes you a dick?
Typical GW-thinking (aka-AoS) if you ask me. Its like why people get religious, so they can have someone to blame when things don't go their way, its easy and its accessible at all times. If you take that away from them they don't know what to do, because the thought of actually owning up to your own actions isn't an option for these people.
The same goes for miniature wargames it seems, if you cant whine like a little bitch about the opponents list, how over powered it was, and how you was a victim and didn't stand a chance, you cant play the game, is that it?

I personally love page 5, and refer to it every chance we get when anyone in my community start whining. And you can instantly see that flame of "oh you fucker, I wont be the one who loose a game and do nothing about it!" in their eyes. Next game they have stepped up their game, and changed some stuff in their list for the better, trying out new tactics and so forth.
>>
>>46882183

Yes, metal is shit, but the old models contained a great more details than the now standing resin models. And to be fair, privateer press resin models is a bitch to rens and clean!
My hopes goes up to the new plastic kits, and I wish that this is all we will see in future kits.
>>
>>46882188
>>
>>46882188
Have you ever heard the phrase, "you might be right but you're still a dick?" That is you and page 5.
>>
>>46882323
Resin holds a ton more detail than pewter. Are you really this dumb?
>>
>>46881544
Prices for pewter/metals have fluctuated too much for them to keep a profit thanks to China buying it up etc.

Changing to a lighter material also means they can make bigger models that wont tip over and break your foot as well. I compleately prefer the newer plastic juggernauts to the old metal ones (even if the plastic is kinda crap to work with).
>>
Page 5 used to be really cool, a fantastic fuck you to GW. Unfortunately at this point too many people have taken it the wrong way and use it as an excuse to be dicks.

It's not worth it anymore, and it's for the best its gone now.
>>
>>46882475
Except he's not right. Warmahordes players bitch and whine about overpowered lists, losing, and do rage quit. Page 5 was stupid from day one.
>>
>>46882736
>telling people to be good sports in your rulebook is stupid because people are whiny babies
>>
>>46872846
>>46873065

The focus on Warjacks could be a few things like PP's original intention or the way they marketed Warmachine giving people an impression of what the game is supposedly about.

Warjacks are big robots, so they're going to stand out. The cover of the MKII rulebook has two Warjack punching each other in the center. The tagline for Warmachine could be said to be referencing Warjacks. The Battle Boxes are all a Warcaster plus some Warjacks.

Putting that all together I can easily see why someone getting into the game would be surprised when they come to learn that Warjacks aren't the focus and in some factions they may be subpar and possibly only taken because the rules force you to.

The Warjacks being a big focus also kind of helps Warmachine stand apart from other games.
>>
>>46881098
Hey, I like Spirit Fang.
>>
>>46882487
Maybe he was thinking of the shitty resin-plastic the were using for plastic models for a while.
>>
Is it possible to play a nice and tolerant Menoth worshiper?
>>
>>46885092
>Nice
As nice as anyone else
>Tolerant
This is the tough part. Menoth is not a tolerant religion. So being tolerant is basically not being devout.
>>
>>46885092
Yah m8, I won't even play harbinger.
>>
>>46885092
Yes, I'd point to the paladins of the order of the wall as a good example. Their fluff always talks about protecting inocents and such.
>>
>>46873009
>I want it to spend focus to do nothing.
For some reason i lold and imagined sad Pepe looking at his warjack and saying "i wish you could just waste your time like i do and get no joy off it".
>>
>>46885092
Sure. There are plenty of tolerant Menites. The Protectorate isn't the totality of the Menite faith.
>>
>>46885092
Menoth is lawful neutral.

Paladins are Lawful Good, while Scurtators are Lawful Evil.

Protectorate is currently run by the Scurtators, thus it's issues.

Khador has a pretty big Menite population, most of which are generally tolerant of other faiths.
>>
File: wSXJn2Z.png (960 KB, 714x529) Image search: [Google]
wSXJn2Z.png
960 KB, 714x529
>>46874428
I see a lot of talk about eVyros + Griffons being a big deal in competitive, but not much mention of vanilla Vyros. Since both versions use Dawnguard Sentinels in their theme lists they're definitely on my short list of things to try.

Would grabbing both versions be a good or bad idea for a shitty newbie compared to one of the sneakier casters?
>>
>>46885920
That eVyros list is very likely to change in some way, so I'd avoid it. How the casters are going to change is a big question.

And theme lists are massively changing man, so don't buy anything based on them.
>>
>>46882475
>>46882736

Not where I play. We follow the rules, play the game and have fun.

Lets put it this way, would you not rather loose, reflecting back on the game that was discussing with the opponent at hand "Had I did that" or "What I should have done was", instead of winning a game knowing you didn't play by the rules, however the case may be. If your opponent say "oh, its ok, its only 0.5" away, Ill allow it" or "Nah, you can withdraw that move, its ok by me" or "Sure, Ill let you distribute Focus even though its way to late for that", would you go for it? If your for one second think that limiting yourself to certain "moral" options makes you a better sports, your already planning for a loss, only to come back and rub it in your opponents face when he beats you like "weeeell, I at least didn't use any cheesy combinations like you did good sir!".

And you think THIS is how you do "fair play"? If you go by this (like most of the GW community does), its all down to a personal taste (the local meta) of how much you should bend the rules to fit your bad play style.

This is why I you play with adults, people who knows its ok to loose.
>>
>>46881098
That's true for most casters in the game. Basically all of them have some variant of "shitty damage nuke I'll never use".
>>
>>46885920

If your new, get one caster and stick with it. Learn it inside and out, and NEVER swap caster just because you had a change of hearts.
This will, in a game like Warmahordes, create several reactions;
first up, you will have to swap several units in your army, as this is how privateer press function as a company. You buy caster A who works wonders with unit B and C, but then you get Caster D, and he is good with unit E and F, and so it goes on until you have every fucking thing in the army (Skirmish game my ass!).
The second thing is this, you will have fun playing all those new casters you get, but you will be a bad player at it. Because, when you start to swap shit around, you all of a sudden gets "super exited" about another team, and so it goes on and on and on. Leaves you like a prison bitch raped in the shower, because you don't know how to play your team, and more importantly, you don't know the full potential of your own caster! Remember, Warmahordes is a game of skills and tactics, you work hard and play lots of games you get good at it, but if you do just that with one caster, you will be great with that army setup!

>This is all from a personal perspective, and is in fact from real life experience between me and a couple of friends who started the same time. One of those guys stuck to it, never changing his favorite caster, and while the rest of us ran around like sheep, he fucking dominated us!
>>
>>46886691

Shitty dmg nuke is literally only there for in corporeal models
>>
>>46885960
>That eVyros list is very likely to change in some way
I can see that. I highly doubt he'll get to keep synergy with all the Griffons getting a free focus.
>>
>>46886656
Man, you really need to dial it back a bit. I honestly can't be sure I agree with your actual point because it's buried under a lot of assholish tone.
>>
>>46886864
That's shitty advice. Keep it to 2 or 3, yea that's sound and lets you see different aspects of the game, as well as switches it up with your gaming buddies, but sticking to one is utterly retarded.

The game would have been shit if I stuck with pMorgoul only who's original feat didn't even affect WM factions, which was the majority of my gaming group.
>>
>>46878758
^ this,
I can tell you right now as an Ausfag that 90% of our tabletop gamers are chill.
That being said, the only absolute neckbeard toting, dirty look slinging, greasy fingered poking degenerates I've ever seen were 40k players, though I don't suppose that means much since in terms of sample size since like 66% of table top gamers are 40k players anyway.
>>
>>46886656
What? I let people roll back moves all the time, (unless its a tournament). Its just not a big deal.

What mskes me mad is when I'm leniant, and then my oponent is not. Thats not chill, bro
>>
>>46886656
>loose

Learn english, retard.
>>
I'm a Warmachine player. On the pp forums I keep hearing that they are changing how fury management works, but I don't know what they are specifically referring to. Hordes players: are they talking about the soul bond mechanic, the new frenzy, or something else that I missed?

Does anybody know what I'm talking about?

Thanks.
>>
>>46889185
They've made Condition, the rule that Shepards and Paingivers use to remove Fury on warbeasts, only add/remove 1 instead of any amount.

So a Shepard can no longer have a Ravagore spend four full fury and then remove all of it without issue.
>>
>>46889185
They're talking about shit like Beast Handlers' Condition and the like that let you manipulate your beasts' fury.
>>
Are there beast handler models in each of the hordes factions?
>>
>>46889334
Skorne and Legion are the two most affected by it.

Circle uses stones and other tricks to manage their fury, not the same but still there.

Trolls have always lakced for good Fury options, but have whelps.

People are worried other elements of Fury management are going to get hit as well to keep in line with the concept of not being able to perfectly manage Fury every single turn.
>>
>>46868854
>Clockwork Angels (Leader and 2 Grunts) (3pts)
>* Transverse Enumerator (2pts)
Dump this, syntherion does shit for them and the enumerator is shit for them too.

If not just drop the enumerator and get servitors, but syntherion fucking looooves his tier. And you need more heavy jacks. Syntherion does jack and shit for troops, you want lucant for troops.
>>
>>46880628
A steam engine will never output enough power to operate anything more complicated than a locomotive or boat.
A steam engine small enough to fit a jack will not have a good power-weight ratio.
A steam jack is totally unviable and will never move.

There, autism'd your autismo harder.
>>
File: USSRONALDREAGANgoodshot.jpg (721 KB, 2100x1368) Image search: [Google]
USSRONALDREAGANgoodshot.jpg
721 KB, 2100x1368
>>46889551
>A steam engine will never output enough power to operate anything more complicated than a locomotive or boat.

Boats can be pretty complicated, breh.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.