[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How does this make you feel?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 239
Thread images: 27
File: art.png (581 KB, 717x1076) Image search: [Google]
art.png
581 KB, 717x1076
How does this make you feel?
>>
>>46855241
That's an oversimplification of the motives behind Sauron.

Also that guy isn't pulling that look off.
>>
>>46855241

what is this?
>>
>>46855241
Bored
Dissapointed
Disinterested
>>
>>46855271
Yeah, he really shouldn't have gone for those metal feathers. Sleek and shoulders-free woulda worked out, but no, he thought he could one-up the hero's androgynous charm.
>>
>>46855289
See here >>46787679
>>
Ye shall not get a (You) from me.

>>46855289
Fellowship, an Apocalypse World hack. Certain people are assravaged because it only has one White male pictured (see OP post) and say that it's destroying "White culture".
>>
The art is awful.
The text reads like it was written for six year olds.
The formatting and page layout is likely the worst part of the whole thing.

2/10, with the two points coming from the mild bit of humor that a man in a dress provokes, especially when next to the bold and italicized word "Agenda."
>>
>>46855241
I feel like having a pizza. I think I'll order one and call some friends over for an orgy.
>>
>World is Mine
Like the Miku song?

Bad artwork, if that's what you were asking. Not sure if ugly dude or ugly chick.
>>
Aside from the artist going a little overkill on being inclusive (and even then, it could just be a black artist), I like the art. It's pretty nice, in a sort of whimsical way.

But I really don't want this thread again, in case that guy who threw a fit because of a '/tg/ would crossdress for stat bonuses' joke sees this.
>>
>>46855241
So now you'll just post the same shit every day?
>>
>>46855423
I think the initial fit was the "How dare people make fun of tumblr being retarded." Trying to pretend otherwise is just flashing your tumblr badge.
>>
>>46855271
No, I think the white just doesn't work for him. Could have looked good if he's gone purple or maybe a dark red, but you can't be menacing in a wedding gown.

>>46855338
Eh, maybe. I think he could have pulled them off if he had a better dressmaker.
>>
File: ss+(2016-04-23+at+04.19.28).png (30 KB, 855x164) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-04-23+at+04.19.28).png
30 KB, 855x164
>>46855453
>Trying to pretend otherwise is just flashing your tumblr badge.
Here we go agaaaaaaain.
>>
>>46855459
Oh I agree. I think a darker dress would have been better, and one without all the magical girl shit.

He seems like the sort for a simple, but elegant black dress. He could keep the choker and earrings too, but the sword and tiara in drastic need of a redesign.
>>
>>46855486
>implying you didn't make this thread
>implying you're not from tumblr
>implying you don't just want to have the same thread all over again

What is wrong with you.
>>
>>46855271
White is not his color, I'll tell you that.
Can we get a photoshop whiz in here to make his tint something more autumnal?
>>
>>46855529
It's not really a dress, is it? It's more of a..uh...nightgown with bodysuit? A gown, I suppose.
>>
>>46855486
Just go back to tumblr already, Mr. Normal Person.
>>
>>46855529
>You went for overlord, but you gave us overdone.
>I'm sorry, my dear, but you are up for elimination.
>>
>>46855365
Then I'll treat it like 5e and not buy it.

(Fun fact: 5e's "Human" page's image is actually a negro, and not a human. Bit of a mixup on their part.)
>>
>>46855423
Inclusive? Honey, as a massive faggot, I feel comfortable telling you that cross dressers are 120% straighter than you. They also tend to swing large, andyouknowwhati'mimplying. No, this isn't inclusive, it's awful fasion sense.
>>
What a pretty dwarf lady.
>>
File: Gwyndolin.png (835 KB, 900x1100) Image search: [Google]
Gwyndolin.png
835 KB, 900x1100
>>46855459
I think the dress' white colours and transparent silky bits are definitely the biggest problem, in my opinion. It's just gives off a delicate vibe so strong that it makes the juxtaposition between the muscular stocky man and the clothes he's wearing reach a level that's more comical than interesting. Then again, I'm not very knowledgable on fashion/aesthetic so take it as you will.

I'd like to see autumnal colours like >>46855574 suggested, not just because of the above reasons but because those sort of warm color palettes don't show up on villains/overlords very often.

>>46855616
Oh, he's back.
>>
>>46855241
>Trannies are power-hungry conquerors bent on subjugating the world to their whims

Sounds about right.
>>
>>46855660
>upset and angry, but only to the limits of passive aggression

Noted.
>>
>>46855616
Bored.
>>
>>46855672
I wouldn't call a crossdresser a tranny.

I'm pretty sure they'd punch you over that.
>>
>>46855693
>blind with rage and unable to type correctly

Whoa, calm down. You're going to pop a blood vessel.
>>
>>46855423
It's possible to do inclusive well.
Actually it's probably easy to do inclusive well.
"This is a different person. It is different in areas a b c for reasons x y z."
The fault with Op pic's style of inclusive is that it doesn't portray the different people accurately, and so teaches some false or inaccurate ideas.

That is the issue. It isn't that the sourcebook says "Trannies are good" or "Trannies are bad", it's that it DOESN'T say "Trannies are mentally different", and in fact implies the opposite.

There's been more than one story about vastly different people co-operating using their strengths to cover each-others' weaknesses. Many stories of how a "lesser" can still be treated well and elevated into an "equal" not through losing their own traits, but by working with those traits.
>>
>>46855725
You sound mad. Are you mad?
>>
>>46855739
>using RPGs to teach people anything besides rules

Primo memo, my friend.
>>
>>46855707
Both of 'em.
>>
>>46855338
I think they might have worked if there was a cape with them?
As it is they're all unsupported - if you're going for big pauldrons then a bare collar doesn't really work - even with the hair, there's just not enough with them and they look out of place
>>
>>46855368
I could go for an orgy right about now, but I have work in an hour.
>>
>>46855707
Crossdressers can be cool
as in just Frank N. Furter
>>
>>46855745
>>46855725
I love these back and forths that you get on 4chan with two people just accusing each other of being super mad with increasing intensity.
>>
>>46855759
You'd think so but you wouldn't believe how many people will pick up 3.5e, look at all the numbers and rules, and say "YES. THIS SYSTEM IS PERFECT FOR ROLEPLAYING AND NARRATIVE AND IMMERSION AND RULE OF COOL AND DM FIAT."
>>
>>46855745
What part sounded mad? The part saying you might need to calm down?

Genuinely curious. It's such a weird attempt to save face, that I'm wondering how you plan to make it look like anything other than that you're too flustered to say anything except "NO YOU MAD YOU MAD NOT ME YOU MAD."
Seems rather contrary to your intentions.
>>
>>46855788
U mad, bro?
>>
>>46855806
Well, you're responding to a statement of boredom by freaking out and insisting I must be frothing with rage. That's the kind of thing that suggests you're getting way too invested.

Seriously, it's the image equivalent of >>>/tumblr/ and >>>/reddit/. I don't know what you're expecting.
>>
So why is there a dwarf in a woman's outfit? Is this a real thing? Is it supposed to be funny or serious?
>>
File: 1459560204880.png (839 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1459560204880.png
839 KB, 1920x1080
>>46855800

I really want to harvest what turns 3.5 into obsessive adherents to that system. My friend group still ends up defaulting to Pathfinder despite having tried several other systems and really enjoying them.
>>
File: NOW-I-CAN-GET-FAT_o_96188.jpg (70 KB, 645x971) Image search: [Google]
NOW-I-CAN-GET-FAT_o_96188.jpg
70 KB, 645x971
>>46855459
>but you can't be menacing in a wedding gown.
Counterexample.
>>
>>46855868
This? This is your attempt to save face?

Eh, it's passable, I guess. Just as long as no one points out that it's hard to disguise how upset you are if you're first hope is to express how you don't have any expression. Kind of a self-contradiction.

I think you understand that that image is basically like an instant-kill to any SJW pretending to be anything else, since it immediately reminds everyone that face value is meaningless in anonymous communities. It's largely so effective because people from tumblr just don't have the same experience with looking past what people are hoping to say in order to see what they're actually saying, an advantage honed on 4chan thanks to anonymity being the default.

Well, keep not being upset and not reacting to how much that image doesn't upset you.
>>
>>46855916
>I really want to harvest what turns 3.5 into obsessive adherents to that system.
Your guess is better than mine.
Because when I look at 3.5, I see numbers. Numbers for every situation. Mechanics, Crunch, DCs, Skill checks, +2, Feats, numbers.
What causes it to attract the Fluff > Crunch, Roleplaying > Rollplaying, Narrative > Numbers, "You are THAT GUY if you don't roleplay but not optimising your character is perfectly fine" crowd?
I have no fucking clue.
I should have a clue, but I don't.

You hardly ever see "muh immershun" "muh scapism" purists in Warhammer 40k, and its rules are less complex than 3.5e AND far closer interwoven with its base lore.
>>
>>46855975
Kay. Keep posting that image any time you're triggered.
>>
>>46856014

My theory is there's a niche for an asymmetrical wargame where one player plays a group of monsters and has control of the terrain while the guy playing players have fewer characters but have different build paths and item choices almost MOBA style.

Since that game doesn't exist they'll keep playing 3.5/Pathfinder and talk about builds all day for that.
>>
>>46856014
>far closer interwoven with its base lore.
>40k
>rules
>interwoven with its base lore

What?
What?
...What?

Sorry, but on account of that statement, I'm going to have to forever dismiss your opinion on all matters forever.
>>
>>46856034
Sweet tumblr child, don't you know? Only tumblrs like yourself get triggered. There's a cute image about that too.

But, please, go on. Tell me more about how it doesn't upset you.
>>
>>46856062
Pick up your damn rulebook.
Your troops are from the lore
their equipment is from the lore
their various stats are based on what they are capable of, in the lore.
Some of the characters you can field have names, and are even a central part of the lore.
Twin linking isn't just a mechanical rule. It's literally a thing in the story.
>>
File: 4th Edition Problems.png (78 KB, 1162x537) Image search: [Google]
4th Edition Problems.png
78 KB, 1162x537
>>46856014
My reasoning is that, from the outside, d20 seems like an incredibly simple system- You roll the same die, add an easily determined number, and the GM checks it against another number he has already determined. Run well, it can be incredibly fast. Customizing a character is as simple as buying certain attributes and certain skills, and layering a few feats on that seem flavourful and useful.

Add onto that the historical context of the OGL, where everyone and their uncle came up with variants based on that system, and you can see why people view it as a fun, ready-to-run system for whatever you want, until you play with it enough that you realise the underlying brokenness.

4th will always be my edition, though. Dat rules clarity
>>
>>46855660
>See pic
It still hurts.
>>
>>46856106
> Only tumblrs like yourself get triggered
>I'm so triggered right now, but it's for the good of the race!
>>
>>46856106
Funny, you're acting like you're triggered.
>>
Fellowship is a neat game that recreates fantasy adventure fiction. One of the things that I like most about it is the variance in how you can resolve conflicts; "Taking Out" can be both stabbing someone in the gut and also befriending them so they don't want to fight you anymore. In general it seems much more tightly wedded to fantasy fiction than prior fantasy RPGs, which tend to put a hack-and-slash spin on things.
>>
>>46856109
Go into any discussion about Space Marines.
Come back with your newfound appreciation of how distant the lore from the mechanics is.
>>
>>46856329
You can do that in most RPGs, though. I mean, unless you've got a shitty DM who says you have to kill your foes to get experience from them rather than avoiding them, negotiating with them, or something like that, but that's true of any system.
>>
>>46856329
How do they split the stats, then? AW broke up the moves by what kind of approach you were taking (violent, charming, weird-as-fuck, etc) but those are two very different approaches.

Or do the moves not have a designated stat anymore?
>>
>>46856191
>>46856202
Please tumblr. Have some class. The only people who would be upset would be you, and all you're doing is confirming that.

It's the whole joke behind that image. Everyone except SJW's doesn't care, but SJW's react to it like it's killing them inside, but they do so by pretending they're not upset SJW's.
>>
>>46856369
There's a difference between "It's possible to negotiate with enemies using the vestigal skill system and GM fiat, but the game is built around attack bonuses and HP" and a game which has, as a core assumption, the idea that encounters don't have to end in violence. You can run a dora the explorer game in AD&D but that doesn't mean it's the best fit.

>>46856392
The stats are Blood, Courage, Grace, Sense, and Wisdom, though some classes have their own stat too, like Dwarven Iron or Harbinger's Doom. The main thing is most moves draw from 2-3 different stats, with slightly different triggers and outcomes. Finishing someone with Blood tends to maim or kill them, while finishing someone with Grace might trap them or Sense/Wisdom might befriend them.

It's like that for most of the moves, too; Speak Softly can work from Wisdom, Grace, and Sense, IIRC.
>>
>>46856442
>If I call them SJW they'll see how calm and collected and mature I am

Is it summer already?
>>
>>46856191
>>46856202
>>46856442
The "I'm not the upset one, you're the upset one!" thing is incredibly obnoxious, stop shitting up this perfectly good thread for male princess fashion advice.
>>
>>46855241
A crossdressing, buffalo bill evil overlord sounds like a pretty cool idea for a BBEG. I might actually steal that for my campaign.

I'll make him kinda Geoffry esc, a bit of an ill tempered manchild but a very powerful sorcerer nevertheless who fights on the front lines. Maybe I'll go full Gwyndolin and make them a full on trap?
>>
>>46856498
>>46856519
What part of
>It's the whole joke behind that image. Everyone except SJW's doesn't care, but SJW's react to it like it's killing them inside, but they do so by pretending they're not upset SJW's.

DIdn't you understand?
>>
>>46856493
Do you happen to have the PDF? I'm poking around trying to find one. It doesn't seem at all like something I'd play, but I like to read all the different PbtA and see what sort of bastardization happens. and remind myself that my own PbtA bastard is stillborn
>>
>>46856587
So upset you could cook spaghett in your pockets.
>>
>>46856587
>>
File: 5 hours in mspaint.png (330 KB, 477x548) Image search: [Google]
5 hours in mspaint.png
330 KB, 477x548
>>46855574
Well, this is just a quick proof of concept - did an invert on everything except for his skin and hair. I think it looks a lot better, how about you?
>>
It makes me feel like someone wants me to feel a certain way towards something.

But I'm not very bright to understand how exactly, so I'll just close the thread and click on another.
>>
>>46856797
Actually, yeah, that's pretty good.
>>
>>46855271
Needs some more color in the outfit. Perhaps a red cape?
>>
>>46856797
Not that anon, but it definitely looks more menacing. Assuming the art has anything to do with the text, that's far more Evil Overlord than "Fighter gets drunk, wakes up to find out he's married a Illithid."
>>
>>46856797
It's much better. Thank you anon.
>>
>>46856664
>>46856708
This is absolutely amazing. Really.
We're at the cyclical point where I just have to repost the same line again and again, and the more upset you are about it, the further you reinforce the point.

>It's the whole joke behind that image. Everyone except SJW's doesn't care, but SJW's react to it like it's killing them inside, but they do so by pretending they're not upset SJW's.
>>
>>46856904
>you're not laughing at the joke
>let me tell it again
>>
>>46855241
I don't even know what that is, but it does look dumb.
>>
>>46856925
I know it's hard to laugh when you're the butt of the joke.

>>
>>46856952
>abloobloo
>>
>>46856952
Not really. Ever heard of a roast?
>>
>>46856976
>>
I can't even tell if anyone here is mad anymore or just enjoying arguing.

>4Chan
>>
>>46856952
So, let me just sanity check this.

If someone reacts negatively to the image, then they're an SJW, as the image triggers them.

If someone reacts positively to the image then they're an SJW as they're trying to hide who they are.

If someone reacts to the image then they're an SJW because again, they're pretending to be not an SJW.

If someone DOESN'T react to the image you've managed to shut the SJW up.

So basically, if you post that image no matter if you're ignored or if someone replies to you, you've "outed the SJW" and won?
>>
>>46857022
Little of column a...
>>
File: Shitposting.jpg (84 KB, 1208x626) Image search: [Google]
Shitposting.jpg
84 KB, 1208x626
>>46857022
I captured the perfect response to just such a moment.
>>
>>46855338
Whenever you prepare for an adventure, just before you leave the camp, you should glance in a looking glass and take off one accessory.
>>
>>46857024
>If someone DOESN'T react to the image you've managed to shut the SJW up

It's more of just "if they don't react, then they don't care, and are not SJW's."

That's really the bottom line.
Your continued show of frustration leaves little doubt as to how upset you are, even to the point where you've tried to project how frustrated you are.

What part of
>>It's the whole joke behind that image. Everyone except SJW's doesn't care, but SJW's react to it like it's killing them inside, but they do so by pretending they're not upset SJW's.

remains so cryptic to you?
>>
The thing is I dont see this being played.

This is just something to make a point. Now it can be posted on blogs/written about, some group will play it once for a twitchstream or youtube VOD.

The average rpg nerd wont even know what it is and wont get it, and the crowd it's tailored too will realize they can have what this game offers with different/better systems.
>>
>>46857180
>and the crowd it's tailored too will realize they can have what this game offers with different/better systems.

This is tailored to a crowd that literally does not exist, queer liberal gamers aren't exactly something you encounter a lot of in tabletop.
>>
>>46855241

It looks just as dumb as boob armor on women.

However, he totally looks like a follower of slaanesh, and I would have no qualms running him through before he finishes his initial speech.
>>
File: Explaining Trolls.jpg (1 MB, 680x1671) Image search: [Google]
Explaining Trolls.jpg
1 MB, 680x1671
>>46857177
Here's the thing- I have not said anything in this, but I want you to shut the fuck up, because this isn't even entertaining shitposting. But now you're going to label me as an SJW getting upset, because your argument is based in the faggotry that anyone who reacts to you is both your enemy and automatically is losing.

>>46857201
I know some. You can find them on Google+. In my city, they're a fairly large and well-organized group, playing these kinds of games all the time.
I LARPed with them once. It did not go well
>>
File: 1458339504369.png (1 MB, 915x928) Image search: [Google]
1458339504369.png
1 MB, 915x928
>>46855650
I've recently discovered that I liked female dwarfs with sideburns a lot.
Makesthem distinct from he males without reproducing human dimorphism exactly.
>>
>>46856797

His hair matched the colours of the fabrics in the original, now they clash.
>>
>>46855241
I feel the picture accurately portrays a world on the brink of destruction.
>>
>>46855707
Crossdresser = Transvestite = Tranny
I'd punch him back for his illiteracy.
>>
>>46855241

Makes me feel like you should go back to /pol/
>>
>>46857499
I dunno, I feel like they work with each other. The purple and green make a color triad with his skin, and form a coherent whole. I'd love to see you make it work better, though. Let's straight eye this queer guy.
>>
>>46857380
do you have more pictures of bearded dwarf ladies ?
>>
>>46855241
It uses the Apocalypse Engine

It was shit even before it had laughably bad art.
>>
Can someone post a PDF of Fellowship?
>>
>>46857201
Just because it's not directed to you doesn't mean it's marketed to no one.
>>
I'm mostly bothered by the beard. If you're going to do something like that, you have to commit to it all the way.
>>
File: Taric.jpg (1008 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Taric.jpg
1008 KB, 1920x1080
Superior gem based moderately effeminate knight coming through
>>
>>46855625
Why do they put an orc picture on the page about humans?
>>
>>46855241
I love how bored he looks in that art.
>>
>>46857180
Heyo, been playing since the first draft, two campaigns of it down and currently on a third. Can I help you with anything?

Also, the average RPG nerd plays D&D. Maybe, in distant second place, shadowrun or WoD. Pretty much every other game is a footnote.
>>
>>46858128
What's it like? Any cool stories?
>>
>>46858367
Good. As I said upthread, the game feels much more like a fantasy novel in play than it does a hack-and-slash adventure game. I find in a lot of tabletop games the game tends to push people towards characters that're comfortable with violence, or at least who will wax poetic about how terrible violence is while OOCly planning to murder the town guard or whatever. I find people in fellowship are more willing to consider nonviolent recourses, or at least less violent ones, and this gels with a lot of the fiction I read.

I've played overlords both times, and honestly it's a bit of a weird playbook since your "stats" are just things that are true about you, but your stats are also connected to sources of power; if your overlord is an orc or something and has superhuman strength because he's an orc, it shouldn't be a stat, because then it'd be tied to something he can lose. On the other hand, if he's got superstrength because he's drunk the blood of a giant, that's definitely a stat, and anyone who wants to arm wrestle him or whatever just loses.

In our first game we had a fairly standard setup; I ran the overlord as a literal princess-kidnapping dragon with their army being the horde of kobolds they sent to conquer overworld kingdoms. We had a harbinger (runaway kobold shaman), orc (who was basically orc baron blackadder the first) and a squire (who was basically season 1 baldrick to the orc). Towards the end of the campaign, the dragon was killed, but I'd taken the backstory option for "The overlord is the servant of another greater evil", who was the first princess he'd "kidnapped". She was eventually killed after losing most of her powers, begging for the orc not to kill her, then grabbing for one of the artifacts that was on a rocky ledge and falling to her death.
>>
>>46858758

Campaign 2 was, in my opinion, much more fun; we had a few more players, for one, and we set it up space-fantasy style. The overlord was an ancient evil sealed on a forgotten "planet", that was really a prison made of the corpses of his titanic former minions, who were also revived with him. Facing him was the president of earth's genius inventor daughter (The heir), a race of space ghosts (using the harbinger book), a robot race who'd been left over from the Great Solar War (orcs), space elves (elves), and tiny jawa-like traders who'd invented hyperspace travel and sold it to the humans then immediately regretted it (halflings). We had some really great moments in that one, like the escape from an earth capital ship that was getting eaten and the president's daughter bluffing the overlord that the earth's spacefleet was what'd just jumped out of hyperspace, and not their escape shuttle.

At present we've got a kind of innistrad-y setting where there's a blight that's covering the planet and only the church can hold it back. One of my overlord traits is secrecy; so long as it's maintained nobody else believes they're real, they just think the blight is some kind of curse or natural phenomena. It's going pretty well but we're only a couple of sessions in.
>>
>wearing thing that accentuates breasts
>doesn't have breasts
>>
>>46855241
Just like everything else in life; it doesn't.
>>
>>46857257
there is something very teachable in how that anon assumes any disagreement with him means the person in question must be an SJW and thus safe to ignore.

it is fascinating watching 4channers trying to justify crying about their personal hugbox being violated
>>
>>46855616
I really like it. It's like a crystallization of /pol/'s inability to understand why people don't like them.
>>
>>46859177
Spacebattles might be more your speed, cucko
>>
>>46857920
this tbqh famalama.
Taric is a great example in how make this type of character not cringy.
And for fuck's sake, when you're outdone by LoL, it's time to rethink your life choices.
>>
>>46855241
We just had a thread on this.
Started by the same anon, I'm sure.
This is a tiny, tiny rpg that nobody really gives a crap about.
I continue to maintain that this is actually viral marketing on behalf of said rpg.
>>
>>46859288
>cuck

Ah, my favourite insult - the only people who would ever find it offensive are the people who use it.
>>
>>46859346
Given the rash of threads on this forum a few weekends ago have been "Females, are they like... real, man?", I'm willing to be people are actually this insecure.
>>
Anyone got a download link? I want to judge this thing on its merits as a system
>>
File: word_disassociation.png (1 MB, 770x1000) Image search: [Google]
word_disassociation.png
1 MB, 770x1000
>>46859451
Females?
What females?
You know that all those story about females are just fairytales, right?

Oh, by the way, the word "females" comes from the "fey-males", alternatively and more broadly known as "elves".
So now you realize those stories about females are just fiction, right?
>>
>>46859428
That was flavoring. Spacebattles was the insult
>>
>>46859288
uh oh, looks like someone's upset that their personal hugbox is being violated

:^)
>>
>>46858893
I really like the idea of this game, actually, but I've never used PBTA-style system before. The main thing holding me back is actually the feeling that the GM loses a lot of agency (and I say that as somebody who doesn't GM). Is it just a different playstyle that you have to get used to?
>>
>>46859346
The idea of the game looks interesting at least, don't know if I like the "Overlord is a Player" idea, but the concept is nice.
Would play the shit out of it if it was a board game.
>>
>>46859222
You're right, fellow normal person. I agree with your anti-anti-SJW sentimentality, as anti-SJWs are extremely problematic.
>>
>>46857964
But anon, race doesn't matter.
>>
>>46859553
Like pottery
>>
>>46859553
>anon's mother yells down at him in the basement asking why he hasn't gotten a job yet
>"SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU SJW!"
>>
>>46859609
What a laugh, normal person!
What a laugh!
>>
>>46859609
My brother's basically like this. He's legitimately retarded, and as a kid, I always wished he would die, because he was really annoying and embarrassing.
>>
>>46859538
Yeah, you do lose a lot of agency. For me the main thing isn't even the overlord rules, which I find are generally broad enough to do whatever you'd be doing anyway, but the fact your players are writing a majority of the backstory and worldbuilding, which is usually my favourite thing to do as GM. But, conversely, the in-game play it introduces is great, and my players really buy into the kingdoms, races, and cultures they've been the ones directing, so I guess that's good. I'm not sure you could really change how that works without changing a major game dynamic though. Also I run a monthly mecha game and Only War on wednesdays, so I guess it doesn't bug me as much as if I didn't get to worldbuild at all for anything.

Overall the GM still has a lot of authority; just some aspects of it are definitely more collaborative than I'm used to.
>>
>>46859664
Imagine you you are a human living in a small human village. There is a clan of orcs living in the mountains and a clan of elves living in a nearby forest. Both regularly raid your village and burn your house down. Complaining about orcs is fine but every time you complain about the elves fucking shit up the village elves call you an orc lover. I know this is a shitposting thread, but whatever
>>
>>46859835
so /pol/ are orcs and tumblr are elves ?
>>
>>46859835
>>46859916
Actually, the village half-orcs will also often do the same thing as the elves.
Seriously, it's like they're the same thing.
>>
File: 1408092391302.gif (140 KB, 500x465) Image search: [Google]
1408092391302.gif
140 KB, 500x465
>>46859916
Yes, and everybody likes you and you make the world a better place just by existing
>>
>>46859835
>>46859916
>>46859966
The moral of this story is not to live in a fucking village.

Instead you live in a forest home you built yourself, shoot everyone who infringes upon your territory and bury them in your backyard.
>>
>>46860001
Eventually they move in anyway, anon. Every human in the kingdom has tried to make his own home, free from orcs, elves and their constant assholery. Every human has failed.
>>
>>46860001
>bury
Nah, tha's just a waste o' food.
Them elves is good eatin', sweet like muh sister, and orcs taste just like them piggy pies muh daddy used to make.
>>
>>46860028
Moderation and censorship.
>inb4 you aren't any better than them if you censor free speech
Nah, I feel like I'm entitled to shoot people, if they shit in my house. That's my house, after all.
>>
/sMCvSFddFxvOIJ5QvEiRCA==/

Add to Image MD5. Problem solved.
>>
>>46860084
I'm a free speech guy, but I totally agree.
Bad moderation does feel like bizarre political purgings and/or lynch mobs, yes.
But *good* moderation is just bouncers tossing drunks out when they get too riled up.
Useful and healthy for a community.
>>
>>46857177
>if they don't react, then they don't care, and are not SJW's

What if I don't react to the image but agree 100% with everything 'SJWs' say? How is this logical to you..?
>>
>>46855739

Isn't that basically what Lord of The Rings is about?
>>
>>46860104
Wrong MD5, but still that's still useful to filter.

/AwrevHWzOMH80a0XkinIvw==/

Add to Image MD5. Problem solved
>>
PDF NEEDED NOW.
>>
>>46856329

>Can either kill or befriend any enemy

Fucking Undertale, why do your fans have to inject you into everything?
>>
>>46860207
look, you either agree with me and are worth allowing to live, or you disagree with me, and are the most worthless piece of trash in the world. You don't get to sit on the fence.
>>
File: 1461311874205.jpg (172 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1461311874205.jpg
172 KB, 600x450
>>46860372
>You don't get to sit on the fence.

What if I didn't 'react' to the picture because I didn't care enough? I don't think you grasp what I'm trying to convey here. You can still agree with an idea and not allow yourself to be senselessly baited. Post that image on /pol/ and you'll get a crap-ton of reactions, most of them positive. Are /pol/yps, then, SJWs?
>>
>>46860343
I agree Undertale is shit, but Fellowship is more going for, say, cartoon shows where the heroes make friends with everyone as they make their way across the land.
>>
>>46855241
>no helm
>no left gauntlet
>no armor on crotch (or if so it doesn't match)
0/10 would not bend the knee to
>>
>>46860431
>mfw didn't even know there was a senpai to notice me
>>
>>46860414

>Fellowship is played by mentally-stunted people with low self-esteem and an addiction to Steven Universe

You're not helping this game's case, anon-kun.
>>
>>46860494
Haha, what kind of pathetic piece of cuckbait thinks there's something worthwhile in this waste of digital real estate?
>>
File: gaang.jpg (212 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
gaang.jpg
212 KB, 1280x720
>>46860494
>People hear that premise and think of Steven Universe instead of pic related these days
This is a dark time

Yeah, I know they don't make friends with EVERYONE, but hey, it's a decent portion of the people they meet, and they certainly don't kill everyone
>>
>>46860494
Is systematic murder really the only way to maturely deal with the world ?
>>
>>46860494
Just trying to point out that the trope is older than game-of-the-month.
>Can hate both Undertale and Steven Universe but acknowledge that one is still worse than the other.
My hate is deep and abiding, anon. And will never end.
>>
>>46860343
It's really not very much like undertale. It's like a fantasy novel, where people generally don't systemically slaughter everything in a dungeon, and not much like D&D (or dungeon world), where you do. There isn't anything wrong with D&D, but it's for different games.
>>
>>46856797
I like the greens, but the black isn't doing anything for me. Maybe make the armor silver and the cloth green?
>>
>>46860554
Doesn't help that Legend of Korra was terrible, but basically sucked up the original show's place in collective geek unconsciousness.
>>
>>46860554
Yeah, Avatar would be another good example. In fact, very much Avatar, especially with the mix of people who're befriended, defeated nonfatally, killed, run away from, etc. If you ran Avatar in D&D you'd probably end up with way more fights to the death than the show would suggest.

And it's not like you can't fight or kill people; the orc's entire thing is fighting and killing people. Just that's one weapon in the arsenal and the others get equal attention too.
>>
>>46860554
>promote a show about a transgender wizard who is always better than everyone because he's a vegan trans asian POC who hates all white people
uhhuh, sure, all the quality in the world right there.
>>
>>46860343
Heroes have been punching people into being their pal since Gilgamesh and Enkidu
>>
>>46857595
While tranny works grammatically as a shorthand for transvestite, it's much more often used as a shorthand for transsexual.

Crossdressers who are fine with their bodies but like wearing the other sex's clothes don't want to be called transsexuals, and transsexuals don't want to be told they're crossdressing when they're dressing right for their brain rather than their genitals.
>>
>>46860612
>Aang
>transgender
okay you got me, 10/10 bait
I'm going to stop replying now
>>
>>46860612
That can't even be bait. Bait implies dealing with a being that originated in this dimension.
>>
>>46860603

Do orcs get the power of using their BOC to placate the women of a region and bully the men?

Can we solve conflicts by out-breeding the natives and taking the best aspects of their culture before destroying it?
>>
>>46860612
There are no white people in Avatar, it's fantasy asia.
>>
>>46858925
Let the warlord dream of that "cursed" Girdle of Gender Change, anon.
>>
>>46856109
>The difference between a conscript takn off the the street and a post human cybernetic abomination is +1 WS BS T S

It portrays the fluff but not well at all.
>>
>>46860653
>all bad guys are fair skinned
>all good guys are brown trans feminists
I forgot this was a tumblr thread
>>
>>46860724

>Sokka
>Trans
>>
File: 14kfg21.gif (837 KB, 350x263) Image search: [Google]
14kfg21.gif
837 KB, 350x263
>>46860747
watch as the fierce womyn teaches him his place
>>
>>46860724
I realise you're trolling, but for the record, the air tribe are tibetan, earth kingdom is central china, water tribes are inuit (who admittedly aren't asian) and the fire kingdom are meant to be japanese. It's really just the water tribe who're dark skinned, though everyone's meant to be asian in some flavour or another, despite the anime eyes.
>>
>>46860573
I think you greatly overestimate my Photoshopping capabilities.
>>
>>46860724
>>
>>46860814
>/pol/
>person
>>
>>46860799

But they bang later.

Or at least they probably banged.

The Action-Girl trope has been around forever, Avatar's portrayal of it was hardly liberal.
>>
>>46860612
>>46860724
>>46860799
>ATLA is an SJW show
Well, congratulations. You've officially forfeited the culture war.
>>
>>46860883
She goes to his tent later wearing a lei. In the morning he's wearing it because she got deflowered and he got "leid"
>>
>>46861080
wait, what?
You're sure you didn't make that up?
>>
>>46861069
>Two houses, both alike in their lack of dignity.
Bad enough when one side declares everything as being problematic.
But when the people who pretend they're somehow stalwart defenders against that side also turn out to think that everything is problematic, the only winning move is just to walk the fuck away.
>>
>>46861100
Yeah, there's even a bit with them trying to get started and awkwardly interrupted by others who want to plan for an upcoming battle or talk about stuff.
>>
>>46860414
What about Undertale is shit? It's not GOAT, but it's a good game.
>>
>>46861122

This.
>>
>>46861163

The community is worse than Homestuck.

People "clicked" with it and became obsessed.
>>
>>46861155
Yeah, I can't remember if it was Zuko or Katara but somebody goes into Sokka's tent to find him lying on the floor surrounded by rose petals and expecting Suki.

Those two fucked like rabbits in heat.

>>46861163
It featured gays and a maybe-trans-but-definitely-an-allegory character. That's enough for the SJ- sorry, I meant for /pol/.
>>
>>46861163
Its obsessed over by mouthbreathing autistics and hipsters who demand it be forced everywhere with "aus" and "fics" and "lel sans"
>>
>>46861201
That's true of every fandom nowadays, though.
>>
>>46861163
Anon, I served with Earthbound. I knew Earthbound. Earthbound was a friend of mine. Anon, Undertale is no Earthbound.
That entirely personal opinion aside, >>46861201 is basically spot-on. It'd be mostly harmless, if I didn't have to listen to people tell me how it's going to 'save' all of gaming.
>>
>>46861268
Nobody mentioned Earthbound.
>>
>>46861240
No, some fandoms, like 40k and /tg/, are good and quality establishments.
>>
>>46861299
>40k
>quality
I laughed. Good one.
>>
File: 15 - 1.gif (2 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
15 - 1.gif
2 MB, 500x281
>>46861201
I can see that. The fandom is obnoxious.
>>46861225
It was Zuko. Pretty great moment, and totally went over my head as a kid.
>>
>>46855241
It's like, Fellowship seems to be to RPGs what Christian Rock is to music. I'd give it a "Jars of Clay" out of Pandering grade.

So it's clearly relying heavily on appealing mainly to one demographic, and sacrificing broader appeal to do so. Personally, I don't feel I'm in that demographic but I would still say it's entirely passable. Someone who loves undertake and rules light narrative stories would probably like it a lot more than me.

But I'm a whore for crunch.

Oh, and the art is pretty shit. Boring as fuck. Look in the other thread if you don't believe me, but it's flat and generic. Hire a goddamn professional for that shit, or at least one who doesn't draw like their entire portfolio is from deviantart.
>>
>>46861299
>/tg/
>good

haha what a jokester this guy is
>>
>>46861335
>>46861359
You can go back to tumblr any time you want, filth.
>>
>>46861155
>>46861225
>>46861344
Goddamn, it's clearly been way too long since I've watched it.
Then again, for me, most of the first and second seasons got watched several times, while the third season got binge-watched once and that was it.
I'd been considering re-watching it lately; this thread just confirms I should.
So thanks, Viral Marketer and/or Guy Butthurt about Art!!
>>
File: laughing pepe.jpg (67 KB, 540x534) Image search: [Google]
laughing pepe.jpg
67 KB, 540x534
>>46861299
>40k and /tg/
>>46861299
>good and quality
>>
>>46861380
Here's a hint: if you don't think a fandom is terrible, then it is, and you're part of why it is.
>>
Still waiting on that pdf when you're done shitposting, guys
>>
>>46861463
Mom, I'll do my chores later!
One more round, okay? This is getting fun!
>>
File: Mytho.png (564 KB, 768x576) Image search: [Google]
Mytho.png
564 KB, 768x576
>>46855241

No, no, no! If you want to do a bad guy who rips off Swan lake, this is the inspiration you are looking for! It's not that god damn hard.
>>
File: 1363885669229.gif (996 KB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
1363885669229.gif
996 KB, 400x225
>>46861299
>>
>>46861380
>anyone who dislikes terrible sci-fi schlock and unimaginative autism belongs on tumblr

wew to (You) lad
>>
>>46861421

Sokka gained his reputation as a lady's man for a reason, anon. He was slaying them left and right with dat Meteor Sword.
>>
>>46861491
Anon Junior, you know you aren't supposed to play with those /pol/ children. I don't want them being a bad influence on you.
>>
>>46858758
> if your overlord is an orc or something and has superhuman strength because he's an orc, it shouldn't be a stat, because then it'd be tied to something he can lose.

Wat.

>On the other hand, if he's got superstrength because he's drunk the blood of a giant, that's definitely a stat, and anyone who wants to arm wrestle him or whatever just loses.

Wat.

That's a really terrible explanation Anon. Could you post the .pdf so it makes any kind of sense?
>>
>>46861353
>Someone who loves undertake and rules light narrative stories would probably like it a lot more than me.

Or, again, something like Avatar. It's also not particularly rules light, but compared to something like D&D it's definitely light-er-. I'd put "Lasers and Feelings" as rules light, though.
>>
>>46861353
As somebody who actually pledged to the game, I'll say that while I like the rules and the concept, I really don't like the art. It doesn't 'trigger' me or anything, but it's not all that great.
On the other hand, I know the budget he had for art, so I'm forgiving.
Now, for other games, like, say, Exalted? All the money they had, and one of the first pieces of art looks like something a tween fan drew on deviantart.
No fucking excuse.
>>
>>46861648
and now the apologists start coming
>>
>>46861648
Look at the hands, Anon. Look at how he holds the sword and makes a fist.

What the shit. I mean, the hair can barely be explained as stylization.

Also, seriously, I need an actual explanation of the rules because otherwise this is at best a curiosity and at worst pandering with a thin veneer of functionality.

Not that you can't gut any system especially in regards to fluff and just reuse it. Usually.

Not like it's that weird furry rape game where you're all confused teenagers and you can roll someone into having sex they don't want to have.
>>
>>46861803
(You).

Like we didn't know this was viral marketing from the start? NICKY MINAJ
>>
You could use RIFTS to run Downton Abbey but that doesn't mean it's the best way to do it.
>>
>>46855241
>It gives a way for you to make Immortan Joe your villain
Shiny and chrome/10
>>
>>46861803
I can only assume you're talking about Exalted apologists summoned by me making fun of their game; I've been here the whole time, anon. I'm the guy who keeps insisting that these threads continuously resurfacing can't actually be by somebody offended, because there's barely enough game there to give a shit about.
>>46861811
Yeah, like I said, the art is pretty bad. Bad enough that I don't bother trying to recruit for the game. (I mainly pledged as a way to tip the writer for enjoying other free stuff he'd done). So I won't argue that-
>that weird furry rape game where you're all confused teenagers and you can roll someone into having sex they don't want to have.
wat
>>
>>46861849
Sir.
We have very different definitions of 'best'.
>>
>>46861924
They're referring to monsterhearts by way of le maymay internet references. It's quite possible that's their only knowledge of it.
>>
File: anon delivers.jpg (70 KB, 800x741) Image search: [Google]
anon delivers.jpg
70 KB, 800x741
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tieqpurzsq0t56v/Fellowship.zip?dl=0

I just had to buy this shit because nobody would post the damn pdf.
>>
File: 1460898057672.png (62 KB, 859x517) Image search: [Google]
1460898057672.png
62 KB, 859x517
>>46862073
Yeah, just like how FATALs only flaw is the excessive crunch.
>>
>>46862272
The basic difference is that monsterhearts expects your players to not be dicks while FATAL encourages it.
>>
>>46855241
The blue motives really dont look all that good, they shold have gone for full white chest cape thing
>>
>>46862254
Based anon. Thanks.

Seems like a game of labels. "What labels are you?"
>>
>>46862317
They're both shitty ERP trying to pretend they aren't is my point.
>>
File: samantha knight.png (392 KB, 485x567) Image search: [Google]
samantha knight.png
392 KB, 485x567
He looks like a fucking slut.
>>
>>46856941
(You)
>>
>>46862357
Monsterhearts isn't an ERP game. It encourages FTB whenever actual sex happens.
>>
>>46862357
FATAL isn't an ERP game.
There's nothing erotic about FATAL
>>
>>46862432
>game about random rolling your kinks to see if you're into werewolves farting glitter or vampire cbt or whatnot
>not about ERP
>>
>>46860689
FFS Guardsman are not conscripts. There is a stat line for conscripts and it's WS BS 2.
>>
>>46862432
> Only actual sex is erotic

Anon. Please go out and touch real people. You're causing me emotional distress with how isolated you are to first play monster hearts and then say something like that.

We can all make it brah. You just gotta try.
>>
>>46862697
Have you actually read MH? Because there is nothing like this in MH.

>>46862812
3/10 got me to respond
>>
File: Chat Noir Wink.gif (295 KB, 540x285) Image search: [Google]
Chat Noir Wink.gif
295 KB, 540x285
>>46862254
Wow, thanks!
>>
>>46862432
>>46862697
>>46863109

Anon, I read monsterheart cover to cover.

That game doesn't allow you to ERP, unless you've got a real fetish for losing any and all control over the narrative.

You play into your role carefully, or you end up wrapped around another character's pinkie... and she's still not going to sex you because that means handing off power.

In an rather expected turn of events considering the subject material, the game's about establishing relationships, developing them for long term power or betraying them for short term leverage.

The most powerful character in the game is a mortal that spends his or her time growing the fuck up.That means not sexing all the brooding loners with secret powers.
>>
>>46855241
Can we not?
>>
>>46863522
Little late for that.
>>
>>46863382

Same guy, but one more thing.

The writier for the Monster Heart book isn't a genius, but he/she's got some seriously good advice on worldbuilding and NPCs.

I still tell people to RP NPCS the same way you'd drive a stolen car. It helps alot with new GM's who have problems with actually moving with characters.
>>
>>46863588
Technically that bit of advice is from AW, "Look through sights". But yeah, PBTA games have great GM advice.
>>
>>46855241
what the fuck marcus fenix
Thread replies: 239
Thread images: 27

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.