[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tak
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: tak.title.jpg (160 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
tak.title.jpg
160 KB, 1024x576
>Tak is the best sort of game: simple in its rules, complex in its strategy.

What does /tg/ think of Tak?

I just heard about it when they started their kickstarter and have played a few games over the past day and I think it's pretty interesting, if only for the experience of seeing how it evolves. I like how portable it can be for the depth it offers, as well as how easy it is to teach people. Kickstarter prices are a little fucked though and first move advantage seems rather strong.

>Info
http://cheapass.com/games/tak

>Rules
http://cheapass.com/sites/default/files/TakBetaRules3-10-16.pdf

>Play Tak
https://www.playtak.com/
>>
>>46835447
Reading the rules. I like this a lot.
>>
>>46837303
in fact, having watched a few games I'm totally going to make myself a nice set.
>>
>>46835447
>Patrick Rothfuss
dropped
>>
>>46835447
Looks pretty awesome, OP. Thanks for sharing.
>>
>>46835447
I need to play a game to determine anything about it.

After reading the rules, can you place pieces on existing pieces, or only place then move?
>>
File: Patrick Rothfuss beard.jpg (1 MB, 2400x1600) Image search: [Google]
Patrick Rothfuss beard.jpg
1 MB, 2400x1600
>>46838658
Holy shit, I knew I recognized that!

Awesome comedian, fantastic author.

Crazy that he would branch into.. checkers?
>>
>>46842477
You can either put a piece on a empty square, or move a piece already on the board.
If you're moving a stacked piece, you can move as far as the stacking pieces let you, dropping pieces on the way.
>>
>>46842493
He didn't make the game, he just approved it after giving some notions about it to the designer. The game was made by James Ernest (think Unexploded Cow and Kill doctor Lucky).
>>
>>46838020
I want to make a set since it wouldn't be that hard. Right now I'm just using a bunch of backgammon pieces, which work well enough even though I can't stand them up (I just flip them over).

>>46842493
Yeah as >>46842567 said he just had the very general concept of a game from writing The Wise Man's Fear and James Ernest wanted to make it a thing.
>>
Looks interesting.

I'm a bit hesitant to jump onto a random abstract strategy game that I haven't even played, though. I did that with one Kickstarter and was rather disappointed with the results. I might need to think about this for a little bit.
>>
>>46842477
>>46845707
>Play Tak
https://www.playtak.com/
>>
>>46845932
>Join Game (0)
>Watch (0)
Thanks.

I suppose I need to create yet another signin to give this thing a try?
>>
>>46846130
>>46846160

Wait no I'm wrong you can just log in as a guest. Forgot
>>
>>46835447
Neveer heard of heer.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.