[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Random Tables
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 9
File: random.jpg (1 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [Google]
random.jpg
1 MB, 3264x2448
How much of your campaign do you leave up to rolling on random table? What are some of the best tables to use?

I mostly need tables to create the personalities of NPCs (villains, traitors, and allies) because I've played with my group for so long they've recognize patterns.

I'm thinking about running a campaign with as much randomly generated content as possible, making it literally as I go along. What can I do to make it seem more proceduraly generated as opposed to "Lolrandumb"

Random table thread I guess
>>
File: Pie Chart.jpg (1020 KB, 1976x2900) Image search: [Google]
Pie Chart.jpg
1020 KB, 1976x2900
best random table ever.
>>
Rolled 5 (1d20)

Let's see how often I use them in my game.
>>
As long as we are on the topic of random tables, does anyone know some good systems with random character generation? Right now I have WFRP, Gamma World 7e, and Shadow of the Demon Lord. I know of Traveler, but after character creation I don't like the game that much, and I also know of Palladium, which is basically unplayable but it's character creation is kind of fun for being nuts.

Anyone else know anything, or fan made conversions for randomly rolling characters in existing systems?
>>
>>46834916
OP bumping for this
>>
File: cover.jpg (166 KB, 280x362) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
166 KB, 280x362
Maid RPG is amazing for random character gen as well as the wide variety of random tables in it.
>>
>>46834916
http://jesterraiin.dropmark.com/162480?page=2
>>
>>46834588
>How much of your campaign do you leave up to rolling on random table?

I play Rolemaster.
>>
>>46835025
someone elaborate?
>>
I was fucking born with random tables in my head.
Ok, not really, but when your dad is a grognard and he trains you in his "roll to not die. Ok, roll to get sweet loot. Now roll to see what will make you use that loot" DMing style... You end up with random tables.
>>
>>46835934
Tables for damn near anything that can come up in game. Or sometimes out of game. Someone, somewhere, in their publication, put random tables for pizza toppings.
>>
I for one love random tables. Players races, class, and even equipment, all random. I love it. Players respect it as a way to keep thing fair and interesting. I like to see people try new things because of a roll. Some of the best char's I have seen / played with have come for rolls.
>>
File: gif.gif (248 KB, 400x255) Image search: [Google]
gif.gif
248 KB, 400x255
Keep this thread alive

I NEED TABLES! PICTURES OF TABLES!

http://donjon.bin.sh/
>>
File: wp.jpg (391 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
wp.jpg
391 KB, 1920x1080
>>46840900
>>
File: pleasedontletmyfirstthreaddie.jpg (257 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
pleasedontletmyfirstthreaddie.jpg
257 KB, 1024x768
>>
File: image.png (261 KB, 791x1018) Image search: [Google]
image.png
261 KB, 791x1018
Battletech RPG has some tables.
>>
File: Random - Urban - Event.png (14 KB, 323x329) Image search: [Google]
Random - Urban - Event.png
14 KB, 323x329
>>46834588
>>
Rolled 10 (1d10)

>>46834774
>>
>>46834588
I use the random tables for designing villains, mainly.
>>
>>46849763
Cream of Sum Yun Gai.
>>
Bumping for the juicy stuff
>>
>>46834588
If you actually try to go through with this campaign, chances are it's not going to last.
>>
cyberpunk 2020 lets you random roll almost every aspect of your character. only your skills cant be random rolled via chart.

also the hardwired sourcebook has one of the best critfail tables for modern settings ive l ever seen.
>>
>>46851788
Source ?
>>
>>46834588
Whenever someone brings up "because of the narrative" or "it would make sense from a story point of view if" I have them roll on the random table to see if what they want happens, or if something else happens.
They get upset about it the first few times but eventually realise that dice > fluff and calm down.
>>
>>46843791
that is one gorgeous table, but what is it for ?
>>
>>46855452
Are you 12? That's a table for RISK.
>>
>>46855579
sorry, didn't occur to me that someone could go this far to enhance the experience for only one game, so I was trying to find a more generic use for the table.

Now that I now it's just for Risk, I'm even more impressed
>>
>>46834774
What's this from?
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.