[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You're a Dwarf, CHARGE!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tg/ - Traditional Games

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 14
File: board001.jpg (638 KB, 1500x1625) Image search: [Google]
board001.jpg
638 KB, 1500x1625
You've been sent by your King to recover a long lost Relic. You must enter the Trolls cave and search his three treasure piles to find the Relic. Choose a Dwarf and Move!
>>
How far apart can the Troll's feet move?
>>
come on this has absolutely nothing that isn't ambiguous

how do the feet move? must they alternate? does lancing a foot to the ground actually stop it from moving? how does poison work? how far do the spiders move? do you have to stand on the differentiated tile to search treasure, or be adjacent to it, or stand on any tile of the mound? how does the club work? how much health do the spiders have? what about the feet, how much health do they have? having damage on the dwarves implies we can kill them. do we deploy three dwarves a turn, or must dwarves die before more are deployed?
>>
>>46827347
LANCER TROOPER ALPHA REPORTING IN.
Orange Please.
>>
>>46831292
I should add, I'd like to charge to 51.
>>
MY NAME'S TANTRUM CINDER, RED WARRIOR OF DEATH

n-now if you excuse me, i move
>From 006
>To 056

t-thanks anon
>>
File: yourking.jpg (149 KB, 1500x768) Image search: [Google]
yourking.jpg
149 KB, 1500x768
MY DWARVES! I see you have forgotten your training. Which, you never had. Or did you? CHARGE!

- All Dwarves move on their Turn. (It's now the dwarves turn)

- Dwarven Warriors can use 1AP to set a defensive stance which guards the hexs around them. Set this to defend your Lancers against nasty Spiders!

- Dwarven Lancers have two attacks. The first attack is a stab that just does damage to the Troll. The second attack is Lance Foot where they lose their lance but the Trolls foot cannot move for 1 turn, but the lance is lost.

- The Troll has 10 health. The Troll regenerates 1 health on his turn unless certain weapons are used. Once the Troll reaches 0 health he is dead. Rolls are made to see which part of the Troll is hit on a successful 'damage only' hit (Lance the Foot obviously lances the trolls foot down, and does 1 dmg)

- Only the Troll controls the Troll's feet and his Cave Spiders. The Troll will move once all dwarves have moved, on his turn.

- The Trolls feet have 6AP and splits them between moving his feet and attacking once with his Hammer if he chooses.

- The Trolls Spiders have 6AP which they can use for Attacking (once) and Moving. If the Spider hits a dwarf, that dwarf is poisoned, in three turns the dwarf will die.
>>
>>46829278
You will learn, in time, my curious dwarven brother! All shall be revealed to you when the Mountain Mother deems you worthy.
>>
File: turn01_dwarves_v01.jpg (367 KB, 1600x1733) Image search: [Google]
turn01_dwarves_v01.jpg
367 KB, 1600x1733
Red Dwarf has moved and been named.

Orange has moved.
>>
thanks op. Yellow spear dwarf moves to 37. do it.
>>
Move Blue Warrior to 053
>>
>>46831450
HERO DWARFY!
>>
Yahallo
>>
>>46828991
The Troll's heels cannot be more than 1 hex apart from each other. He can back up. A pivot of the front of hit feet costs him 1AP. He crushes dwarves with them but takes 2dmg if he crushes a Lancer.
>>
File: turn01_dwarves_v02.jpg (743 KB, 1600x1733) Image search: [Google]
turn01_dwarves_v02.jpg
743 KB, 1600x1733
More dwarves have moved.

- 3 Treasure piles. Search all three to find the Lost Relic and leave the cave alive. ;) or, kill the Troll and his Spiders.
>>
Move Bluebeard the mighty to 53
>>
>>46832865
Blue Dwarven Warrior has already moved.
>>
Can we move green to 42 please
>>
Note: Dwarven Warriors can set themselves in a Defensive Stance that uses 1AP out of the 5. This allows them to attack pesky poisonous spiders that wander into any hex around them.
>>
>>46832367
My dwarfkin!

Red Tantrum goes to 104 in search of the relic.
Now... i have 1 AP left.
So i can ready an action to attack whatever comes in range?
>>
>>46832903
Done!
>>
>>46833038
Correct! You can do that. We just have to wait for the rest of your brothers to move into the cave for the dwarf turn. You're brothers are less experienced and not as brave as you Tantrum. Care, the Trolls feet crush dwarves...there is no saving throw.
>>
File: dwarf_fhang.jpg (39 KB, 500x630) Image search: [Google]
dwarf_fhang.jpg
39 KB, 500x630
>>46833038
*As you storm ahead you fondly remember your father as he died in your arms in the battle against the BlackMaw Orcs..."T..t..take this...my son. K..kill ...things...with it."*

Succesful hits with Fhang also prevent the Troll from Healing or Regenerating next turn.
>>
Orange Dwarf here, I am claiming the name of Gulnash the Fire Spear, here to bring the brightness of the GREAT FORGE to this dark trove.

Who is the current reigning king that I am charging for?
>>
>>46833144
"FATHER! I will kill and cut as you whished! FOR OUR FOREFATHERS AND OUR KING!"

Tantrum takes the Axe of Fhang for itself and flashes it in the air.
A bright green light engulfs him, as a ghostly greenish flames begins to burns on his axe.
>>
File: turn01_dwarves_v03.jpg (357 KB, 1600x1733) Image search: [Google]
turn01_dwarves_v03.jpg
357 KB, 1600x1733
* The Troll shouts as you enter his cave. You sense other things in the horrid cave besides the reported Troll seen by your scouts. You must be careful, other beings are about. Evil creatures lurk! Your feet crunch on the bones of past victims and other recently dead...things*

Green dwarf has moved.

Orange dwarf named.
>>
File: spiderattack3.jpg (77 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
spiderattack3.jpg
77 KB, 640x480
>>
>>46833326
Grey dwarf DEUS enters the field at 005 and moves to 52
>>
File: dwarves_art.jpg (185 KB, 599x857) Image search: [Google]
dwarves_art.jpg
185 KB, 599x857
What do are we waiting for, my brothers?
The enemy is just a swing of axe away!
Don't be some elf maggots!
Let's be remembered as dwarves heroes!
>>
>>46833683
Don't be cursing me as an elf!
I stand beside you, and braved this cave first.
This troll will fall!
>>
File: turn01_dwarves_v04.jpg (704 KB, 1600x1733) Image search: [Google]
turn01_dwarves_v04.jpg
704 KB, 1600x1733
** You are far enough into the cave to see the massive Troll as it glares back at you with its beady eyes. You remember your training in the Warriors Hall as you look upon the huge Hammer by its side. "It strikes far, this one...we must be quick!" you shout to your dwarven brothers around you. **

- The Troll can strike with its hammer 2 spaces out from ANY foot. There is a blind spot behind the Troll where it cannot strike, but it can easily step back to crush with its huge feet.

- Grey Lancer named and moved.
>>
how do i set a stance on my blue dwarf?
>>
File: defenseYAY.jpg (51 KB, 461x395) Image search: [Google]
defenseYAY.jpg
51 KB, 461x395
>>46834493
As a Warrior Dwarf you would use one Action Point to plant yourself into a Defensive Stance. This can even be used after you Move/Attack. If an enemy, including the Troll, steps within your defense area (in teal), you get one attack before they can do anything. This is especially helpful to protect your Lancers against vile poisonous Spiders!
>>
Bump for interest, we need two more players before troll can move.
>>
Question: To search in the treasure mound, one must end his turn on it, or can expend 1 AP to search and them move/act again?
>>
>>46835213
You can just run over it. It doesn't cost an AP to search. So if you are able to go through it, make sure to push yourself away from the Troll if you have extra AP. You may or may not have the Relic, but at least you are somewhat' out of harms way...maybe. ;)
>>
File: Lancer.jpg (43 KB, 300x470) Image search: [Google]
Lancer.jpg
43 KB, 300x470
What make a Lancer so special?

All Lancers are trained with the Great Lance. The Great Lance was specially crafted to take down huge beasts, like Trolls. When the Lancer is in a hex around the Trolls feet he is able to use "Stab" or "Lance the Foot".

- Stab does 1pt of damage on a successful hit and he keeps his Lance. A roll is also made to see where the Troll is hit. (will get into that when this happens)

- Lance the Foot does 1pt of damage on a successful hit and pierces the Trolls foot to the ground, unless (on his turn) the Troll makes a strength roll of 6 on his turn, and rips the lance out of his foot! Otherwise, the Troll is unable to move that foot, but he can move his other foot about, but with restrictions.

Lances are not recovered when they Lance the Foot. They are assumed broken or lost. Instead a Lancer then becomes a lesser Warrior and uses his smaller Hand Axe to chop 1 pt of damage into the Troll. If hes not dead and can attack next turn.
>>
final bump?
>>
please bumpity bump
>>
Purple lancer to 038 and defensive stance.
Lament the lack of Elves to Grape.
>>
Looks like Grape made it, I swear I like elves as less as the next comrade, but he takes it to the next level.
Wasn't there another lancedwarf?
>>
>>46842695
Looks like there is one more to go, worst case i will control him because its been way too long.
>>
File: turn01_dwarves_v05.jpg (712 KB, 1600x1733) Image search: [Google]
turn01_dwarves_v05.jpg
712 KB, 1600x1733
** You know that your King would not be happy with your progress. Some of your dwarven brothers are hesitant to enter the cave.**

- Brown is up for grabs if anyone wants to control him. Or an existing player can move him.
>>
>>46845017
Brown enters at 006 and moves to fill 054. Love for him to be called sir brave the coward, but how about "Bread"
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.